Island Life Events Reviews

Island Life Events 5
Island Life Events 6
Island Life Events 7

Lisa · Getting married on 12/29/2018

We chose Island Life Events for a day of wedding planner. We got so much more than we thought we would! Liz kept in touch through emails and phone calls leading up to our event. After the hurricane, Liz quickly called us up asking how we were doing and inquiring about the status of our venue and if there was anything she could do to help. She helped us secure rentals and provided us with ‘homework’ that really helped us to think about every aspect of our day. Sarah came for our rehearsal dinner and was our planner for the day of the wedding. She was present all day making sure everything was perfect for us. We had nothing to worry about! Liz and Sarah were both professional and very personable!

Sent on 04/14/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much, you and Regan were wonderful to work with!!!

Caroline · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Experience! Very Experienced Local Team!

Liz and her team are locals to the Keys. I chose them based off their experience with my venue and all the vendors. I used Liz for Full-Time planner, helping to coordinate and choose local vendors. Extremely prompt when responding to emails and truly made our day perfect and seamless. If you are getting married in South Florida, Liz and her team will make your day 100% less stressful and perfect!

Jordan · Married on 09/29/2018

Liz was amazing from the get go! I had already picked The Postcard Inn to have my wedding as well as a few other vendors and she was unbelievably helpful throughout the process. Hurricane Irma hit a year prior to our wedding and we were assured The Postcard Inn would be available for our wedding date (September 29th). However, when my aunt called to make a reservation a few months in advance, she was told by the reservation hotline the resort would NOT be open until sometime in October. After she told me I called Liz in a hurry. She answered my call quickly and responded with "I'm in the grocery store, let me check out and I will start making some phone calls". Within 30 minutes she called me back with options to move our wedding. We decided to move it to Amara Cay. She contacted all the vendors regarding the move & was available anytime I needed her, even the day after the wedding when we had issues finding our decorations.
    I also can't say enough about her daughter, Sarah. Sarah walked us through our rehearsal and was there for us during our whole wedding. Although Liz had some other obligations, she made sure she was there for our ceremony. Good thing her and Sarah were there for the ceremony because as SOON as I walked down the aisle, it began to poor down rain. Everyone ran inside the lobby of Amara Cay and waited for the shower to pass as Liz, Sarah, and the Amara Cay team wiped down the chairs to "re-do" our ceremony. Liz and her team were AMAZING and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help plan our special day.
    From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for all that you did!

Julie · Married on 07/19/2018

Liz helped my daughter and I plan her wedding at a private residence on Marathon Key. It was a small, family wedding, and we relied upon Liz to help us secure local vendors near Marathon for our event. She was fantastic. The vendor's she provided turned out to be topnotch and very professional. Liz coordinated for us on my daughter's wedding day and totally relieved any stress for myself and my sweet bride. The wedding was perfect and Liz was a big part of our success!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Julie, it was wonderful working with you and Thank You for trusting us with Emilie’s Wedding!

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

Liz was wonderful in every way. She was super helpful, organized and from the moment she first contacted me prior to the wedding, she was able to grasp exactly what I was looking for on the day. At our rehearsal, she took charge and understood what needed to be done. The wedding day itself, her attention to detail and service were amazing, She made the venue look just how I imagined it could and even made suggestions to make things look better than I could imagine. 10/10 :)

Sent on 07/03/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah!!

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2018

I hired Liz as my planner for my 3 wedding events at Playa Largo in Key Largo. My wedding was last weekend 5/19/18, we also had a rehearsal bbq on Friday 5/18 and a brunch on 5/20. I could not have asked for a better experience. Liz was available to me every step of the way and her and Sarah made our day perfect! I followed her recommendations for hair/make up, music, photography, and florist which I am SO glad I did! Every person we hired was awesome. Upon meeting Liz when we visited back in November, I could tell she was Veryyy experienced and professional. Even though she probably works 10 weddings a week, she responded to me almost immediately every time I needed her. Having a destination wedding can make some couples feel uneasy as we didn't really know what to expect. That is why there are people like Liz and Sarah. Sarah was our "day of" coordinator due to the high volume of weddings Liz had that weekend. Sarah is so professional and very sweet. She also was always available to me and would text me back almost immediately when I had any last minute questions. There was a lot of rain in the forecast at the start of our trip. I told Liz and Sarah that I reallyyy wanted my rehearsal bbq outside last friday and they worked with the resort to make it happen. I was so happy when I saw my tables set up on the beach, I almost cried. The weather and the whole event ended up being perfect. I could go on and on but honestly these planners know what they are doing and will not disappoint!! Let them take care of everything for you so you can truly relax and enjoy your destination wedding like we did. Thank you so much Sarah and Liz, you made our wedding weekend perfect! Love, Michelle & Mike

Sent on 05/25/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle!! xoxox

Kibby · Married on 04/28/2018

Liz and Sarah did an incredible job helping us plan and coordinate our wedding! Our contact at our wedding venue, Playa Largo Resort & Spa, highly recommended Island Life Events for planning services and we're so grateful for the reference. Liz had the patience and expertise to guide us through every detail of planning our three-day wedding weekend. There are SO many aspects of a wedding to keep track of that it can be overwhelming, but Liz managed to make the process manageable and even enjoyable! She had a direct, confident attitude while answering my endless questions and consistently steered me in the right direction. For example, when I was anxious about the chance of rain ruining our plans for a beach ceremony, she thoroughly walked me through the back-up plan while calming me down. Sarah was our day-of coordinator who also did a tremendous job making sure everything ran smoothly during our big day. It took the pressure off me completely so I could enjoy our wedding. So grateful for everything they've done for me :).

Sent on 05/01/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

You are amazing!!!! Thank you so much..xoxox

Kay · Married on 04/28/2018

Liz was a fabulous planner and executor for our wedding! She understood our vibe and style immediately, and introduced us to the vendors and venues that would be the best fit for our us. We love that she's very straight forward and direct, she's not going to sugar coat anything or give you the runaround.

On the weekend of the event Liz and her team worked tirelessly to deliver on a perfect wedding day -- all with a smile on her face and while making sure we, the wedding party, were having fun and were relaxed. Everything went off without a hitch, thanks to Liz, who ironed out more than one snafu without any of our guests even noticing.

Island Life Events 8
    Island Life Events 9
    Island Life Events 10

Alisha · Married on 04/21/2018

Yes, yes yes! Liz at Island Life Events is the absolute best! She made my wedding day magical from start to finish. Her attention to detail, artistic flair, her amazing vendors and contacts, and her professionalism was stellar. Liz drove all over south Florida to get me the best deals. I trusted her decision making skills and her creative concepts. When vendors would tell me “no” she fought to make it happen, and it always did. For almost a year we planned my destination wedding and she made everything seamless and fun! My wedding looked like an absolute fairytale. I refer her with the utmost confidence. My husband’s will also be using her for any future corporate events. We love Liz!
    -Alisha

Island Life Events 11
    Island Life Events 12
    Island Life Events 13

Rachel · Married on 04/14/2018

I loved working with Liz. She was a total pro and ensured everything for my wedding ran smoothly. She was super efficient and gave great advice on vendors and even design. I couldn’t have done it without her and would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Thank you Rachel!!!

Shawna · Married on 04/13/2018

I can not thank Liz enough for helping plan my wedding. Our wedding day was perfect and it would not have happened without her. She is so knowledgeable, detail oriented and always made herself available for all my questions! Having a destination wedding, I was so anxious the morning of the wedding day wondering if everything would come together. Liz was with me that morning reassuring me everything was taken care of.....and gosh, it was! I walked onto the beach and saw our ceremony and reception setup and was truly blown away. It was everything we dreamed it would be....and more! Her and Sarah are both amazing and made our wedding day stress free. I tell everyone the best decision I made during this entire wedding planning process was hiring Liz!

Sarah · Married on 04/07/2018

Liz and her team were extremely helpful and accommodating throughout our whole wedding planning experience. I seriously do not know what I would have done without her expertise. After hurricane Irma hit the Florida Keys I was incredibly stressed about how our venue held up. Liz was the first person to contact me (even before the venue) to tell me my options as we would have to change locations due to damages. She had a list of options and contacts for me and made the transition as easy as possible. I felt very comfortable making decisions from Michigan based on recommendations from Liz and her team and when it came down to the wedding day everything turned out perfectly. She is full of great ideas and knows how to get things done the right way. My husband originally questioned needing a professional wedding planner but after going through the process he has said it was our best money spent. I would recommend Liz to anyone planning a wedding in the Keys in a heartbeat!

Gail · Married on 01/27/2018

Ben and I had the best experience with Liz and Sarah! From the minute we selected Liz to the very last wedding song, they made our day the most stress free day! Sarah- decorated beautifully!!!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we are blessed to have clients like yourselves!

Ariel · Married on 12/02/2017

Where do I even start?! Liz is the best of the best. We planned our destination wedding in Islamorada, FL for December of 2017. She connected me with wonderful vendors and was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. After Hurricane Irma, our original venue assured both myself and Liz multiple times that the hotel would be open by December 2. THEN - less than 30 days before our wedding - our original venue sent me an email informing me that the hotel would no longer be open in time due to delayed hurricane repairs. I was completely beside myself. Only with Liz's guidance and sense of calm were we able to find a new venue, coordinate with all our current vendors, find new vendors, and finalize our *new* wedding in less than FOUR DAYS. If this is not a testament to Liz's patience, expertise, resourcefulness, and professionalism, then I don't know what is! And, best of all, I can truly say that our wedding went off without a hitch in Miami at the National Hotel. THANK YOU, LIZ! xoxoxo

Samantha · Married on 11/11/2017

Liz is A+++. Hurricane Irma destroyed my original wedding venue and before Liz could even go back to the Keys to see her home, she was already working on finding me a new venue. That right there was worth every penny. And she was so on point on my wedding day and every day leading up to it. I was a VERY happy bride and my wedding decor was absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Alli · Married on 11/10/2017

I can't express how happy we were with our decision to hire Liz and her team. I hired Liz as my "Day of Planner" but she is much more than that, she really loves what she does & loves to be involved in the process. Liz and Jennie went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect & she doesn't hold back to do so. She is tough but in a gentle & kind manner. She works very well with all of your other vendors. My wedding looked beyond beautiful. After our discussions & meetings, Liz set everything up exactly how I envisioned. If you are looking for a planner trust me she will make your day perfect. Thank you so much Liz & Jennie we could not have done it without you.

Sent on 11/22/2017
    Island Life Events 14
    Island Life Events 15
    Island Life Events 16
    Island Life Events 17

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Alli, we loved working with you and are so honored we were a part of your wedding!

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

We were recommended to Liz and thank goodness we found her!! Can't recommend her enough, from how available and supportive she was leading up to the day of, so how helpful she was during and following the event when we had some concerns with how some other vendors treated us. She was our biggest advocate and I can't thank her enough. Her guidance was invaluable and she walked us through planning the perfect wedding that we'll never forget.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica!!!

Erin · Married on 10/07/2017

We were initially introduced to Liz through a realtor on Islamorada while we were searching for a wedding venue. The realtor explained that Liz knew every venue and vendor in the area so we should give her a call. This introduction exemplifies Liz as a wedding planner- she is the person to know in the area. My new husband and I were planning from our home in Brooklyn, so we heavily relied on her during the planning process. She introduced us to her amazing vendors (Studio South for floral, Chef Michael for food, Keys Audio for all other rentals) and made the process seamless. She was available via email or phone always. She made sure all the rentals were placed on time, and was the troubleshooter for the dozens of unforeseen issues that arose over the planning process.
    Liz was invaluable during the months leading up to our wedding on 10/7/17. But when Irma hit the Keys weeks before our wedding… words cannot explain how happy I was to have Liz as our wedding planner. I had no clue where to begin when we were expecting 150 guests to Islamorada for our special day, and weeks before it was closed to tourists. Although some of our friends and family thought we were crazy, my fiance and I were adamant on sticking to our wedding on the same date and keeping it in south Florida. Liz jumped into action and we essentially re-planned another wedding in Miami our backup option. Ultimately, the Keys were opened to tourists on 10/1, and we moved forward with our wedding as we always wanted. On our wedding day, the tide flooded the beach where we got married hours before and after our ceremony. And Liz still pulled off the most memorable day of our lives.
    I have dozens of examples outlining Liz’ attention to detail, professionalism, and fun attitude, but instead I’ll say this: Liz made our wedding day more beautiful than we imagined, and days before it was an evacuation zone hit by a category 5 hurricane. You should hire her to plan your special day.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much, it was an honor and a joy to be a part of your wedding and working with all of you!

Naila · Married on 07/22/2017

Liz at Island Life Events came highly recommended by other vendors, and we are so glad that we chose her to help plan our destination wedding! Not only was she great at communicating, even for little things, she was also a comforting presence as our person on the ground who knew what was happening. We booked all our vendors and our venue without meeting them (except via video chat at times), and Liz gave excellent tips and references to steer us in the direction that fit our vision and our budget. She even did a Facetime tour of our venue so we could book it stress-free!
    I'm a super organized person and I had timelines and lists throughout the process but we truly could not have had such a stress-free wedding weekend without Liz. She was kind enough to coordinate everything from collecting shipped packages to contracts with vendors, and payments when our international cards were giving us a hard time and the vendors did not take PayPal. If you're hesitating about hiring a planner or day-of coordinator, go with Liz! Any question or concern we had, she was able to address in a timely manner. Liz and her staff were very knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient, and set up everything just as we had discussed. She was absolutely fantastic to work with, and her personality and services are totally worth the money so that you can have a magical wedding like we did!

Sent on 01/21/2018
    Island Life Events 18

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much for being so wonderful to work with! I am so grateful to have met you and John, and to have been a part of your wedding:)

Nika · Married on 07/15/2017

If you want professionalism, quality, and effectiveness; then you want Liz! No one thinks they are a classic "bridezilla" so surely, I was a princess to work with, right?! OK, lets be real; we are all crazy when it comes to our wedding but Liz always made me feel like I was easy to work with and took all the questions and stress out of my head. I gave her very little direction and she turned it into a full blown party! Have wedding party members who think it's funny to be late or show up unprepared? Not a problem for Liz! I never had to worry about being the bad guy because Liz whipped all my party members to attention! Vendors who aren't doing their part? Not with Liz! She made sure that all my vendors knew what was expected and let them know if they were faltering. Liz is a class act and I would recommend her unconditionally.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Island Life Events's reply:

You were an absolute Princess, no a Queen to work with..I adore you!!!

Sandy · Married on 06/26/2017

I loved working with Liz. She always answered my emails quickly and didn't mind that I was a DIY bride. I arranged everything with notes of how and where I wanted it and Liz did all the set-up. She made it look amazing! She was awesome at my keeping my wedding party on track too. During the reception she was constantly checking on us and making sure everything was going to plan & it did! Thank you Liz & Sarah!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Sandy for your wonderful review. You and your family were amazing to work with. You are so talented you should pursue decorating:)

Dan · Married on 06/03/2017

Elizabeth Seligman & her helper were wonderful ..! They took many worries away from us so that we could enjoy the day even more..!

Aliyah · Married on 05/20/2017

From the first time I met Liz, I knew she was the one for me. Liz is a type A personality, who will make sure that your dream wedding becomes a reality. Throughout all of the snafus and miscommunications, Liz had my back. And at the end of it all when I saw the end result, it was amazing. I trusted her and she didn't let me down. Her team follows in her work ethic, and makes sure that you are not taken advantage of. Planning a wedding in the keys when you don't live there can be challenging, but Liz will guide you and make sure that every detail is attended to. I didn't hear one negative comment from our wedding. The whole venue was beautifully decorated and I am grateful for ghe team of individuals who worked together to make it a weekend to remember. She saved me the week leading up and was never too busy to schedule some time for me. She's amazing!! We love you Liz ??

Sent on 05/26/2017

Island Life Events's reply:

Aliyah, I am so grateful to have someone like you to come into my life...Thank you so much for being you!!! Xoxo

R · Married on 05/13/2017

Liz is wonderful. She becomes emotionally involved with your wedding and takes the time to listen and make it what you dream of.