84 Reviews for Island Life Events

Non-Religious (6)
Cultural (2)
Civil (1)
84 Island Life Events Reviews

We chose Island Life Events for a day of wedding planner. We got so much more than we thought we would! Liz kept in touch through emails and phone calls leading up to our event. After the hurricane, Liz quickly called us up asking how we were doing and inquiring about the status of our venue and if there was anything she could do to help. She helped us secure rentals and provided us with ‘homework’ that really helped us to think about every aspect of our day. Sarah came for our rehearsal dinner and was our planner for the day of the wedding. She was present all day making sure everything was perfect for us. We had nothing to worry about! Liz and Sarah were both professional and very personable!

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/29/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Liz was wonderful in every way. She was super helpful, organized and from the moment she first contacted me prior to the wedding, she was able to grasp exactly what I was looking for on the day. At our rehearsal, she took charge and understood what needed to be done. The wedding day itself, her attention to detail and service were amazing, She made the venue look just how I imagined it could and even made suggestions to make things look better than I could imagine. 10/10 :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/16/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

I hired Liz as my planner for my 3 wedding events at Playa Largo in Key Largo. My wedding was last weekend 5/19/18, we also had a rehearsal bbq on Friday 5/18 and a brunch on 5/20. I could not have asked for a better experience. Liz was available to me every step of the way and her and Sarah made our day perfect! I followed her recommendations for hair/make up, music, photography, and florist which I am SO glad I did! Every person we hired was awesome. Upon meeting Liz when we visited back in November, I could tell she was Veryyy experienced and professional. Even though she probably works 10 weddings a week, she responded to me almost immediately every time I needed her. Having a destination wedding can make some couples feel uneasy as we didn't really know what to expect. That is why there are people like Liz and Sarah. Sarah was our "day of" coordinator due to the high volume of weddings Liz had that weekend. Sarah is so professional and very sweet. She also was always available to me and would text me back almost immediately when I had any last minute questions. There was a lot of rain in the forecast at the start of our trip. I told Liz and Sarah that I reallyyy wanted my rehearsal bbq outside last friday and they worked with the resort to make it happen. I was so happy when I saw my tables set up on the beach, I almost cried. The weather and the whole event ended up being perfect. I could go on and on but honestly these planners know what they are doing and will not disappoint!! Let them take care of everything for you so you can truly relax and enjoy your destination wedding like we did. Thank you so much Sarah and Liz, you made our wedding weekend perfect! Love, Michelle & Mike

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/19/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Destination, Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinner

Liz and Sarah did an incredible job helping us plan and coordinate our wedding! Our contact at our wedding venue, Playa Largo Resort & Spa, highly recommended Island Life Events for planning services and we're so grateful for the reference. Liz had the patience and expertise to guide us through every detail of planning our three-day wedding weekend. There are SO many aspects of a wedding to keep track of that it can be overwhelming, but Liz managed to make the process manageable and even enjoyable! She had a direct, confident attitude while answering my endless questions and consistently steered me in the right direction. For example, when I was anxious about the chance of rain ruining our plans for a beach ceremony, she thoroughly walked me through the back-up plan while calming me down. Sarah was our day-of coordinator who also did a tremendous job making sure everything ran smoothly during our big day. It took the pressure off me completely so I could enjoy our wedding. So grateful for everything they've done for me :).

Profile Picture Kibby, 4/28/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Yes, yes yes! Liz at Island Life Events is the absolute best! She made my wedding day magical from start to finish. Her attention to detail, artistic flair, her amazing vendors and contacts, and her professionalism was stellar. Liz drove all over south Florida to get me the best deals. I trusted her decision making skills and her creative concepts. When vendors would tell me “no” she fought to make it happen, and it always did. For almost a year we planned my destination wedding and she made everything seamless and fun! My wedding looked like an absolute fairytale. I refer her with the utmost confidence. My husband’s will also be using her for any future corporate events. We love Liz!
-Alisha

Profile Picture Alisha, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I loved working with Liz. She was a total pro and ensured everything for my wedding ran smoothly. She was super efficient and gave great advice on vendors and even design. I couldn’t have done it without her and would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I can not thank Liz enough for helping plan my wedding. Our wedding day was perfect and it would not have happened without her. She is so knowledgeable, detail oriented and always made herself available for all my questions! Having a destination wedding, I was so anxious the morning of the wedding day wondering if everything would come together. Liz was with me that morning reassuring me everything was taken care of.....and gosh, it was! I walked onto the beach and saw our ceremony and reception setup and was truly blown away. It was everything we dreamed it would be....and more! Her and Sarah are both amazing and made our wedding day stress free. I tell everyone the best decision I made during this entire wedding planning process was hiring Liz!

Profile Picture Shawna , 4/13/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

Liz and her team were extremely helpful and accommodating throughout our whole wedding planning experience. I seriously do not know what I would have done without her expertise. After hurricane Irma hit the Florida Keys I was incredibly stressed about how our venue held up. Liz was the first person to contact me (even before the venue) to tell me my options as we would have to change locations due to damages. She had a list of options and contacts for me and made the transition as easy as possible. I felt very comfortable making decisions from Michigan based on recommendations from Liz and her team and when it came down to the wedding day everything turned out perfectly. She is full of great ideas and knows how to get things done the right way. My husband originally questioned needing a professional wedding planner but after going through the process he has said it was our best money spent. I would recommend Liz to anyone planning a wedding in the Keys in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Ben and I had the best experience with Liz and Sarah! From the minute we selected Liz to the very last wedding song, they made our day the most stress free day! Sarah- decorated beautifully!!!

Profile Picture Gail, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

Where do I even start?! Liz is the best of the best. We planned our destination wedding in Islamorada, FL for December of 2017. She connected me with wonderful vendors and was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. After Hurricane Irma, our original venue assured both myself and Liz multiple times that the hotel would be open by December 2. THEN - less than 30 days before our wedding - our original venue sent me an email informing me that the hotel would no longer be open in time due to delayed hurricane repairs. I was completely beside myself. Only with Liz's guidance and sense of calm were we able to find a new venue, coordinate with all our current vendors, find new vendors, and finalize our *new* wedding in less than FOUR DAYS. If this is not a testament to Liz's patience, expertise, resourcefulness, and professionalism, then I don't know what is! And, best of all, I can truly say that our wedding went off without a hitch in Miami at the National Hotel. THANK YOU, LIZ! xoxoxo

Profile Picture Ariel, 12/2/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception

Liz is A+++. Hurricane Irma destroyed my original wedding venue and before Liz could even go back to the Keys to see her home, she was already working on finding me a new venue. That right there was worth every penny. And she was so on point on my wedding day and every day leading up to it. I was a VERY happy bride and my wedding decor was absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't express how happy we were with our decision to hire Liz and her team. I hired Liz as my "Day of Planner" but she is much more than that, she really loves what she does & loves to be involved in the process. Liz and Jennie went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect & she doesn't hold back to do so. She is tough but in a gentle & kind manner. She works very well with all of your other vendors. My wedding looked beyond beautiful. After our discussions & meetings, Liz set everything up exactly how I envisioned. If you are looking for a planner trust me she will make your day perfect. Thank you so much Liz & Jennie we could not have done it without you.

Photo for Island Life Events Review -  Floral Fantasy provided Flowers.
Photo for Island Life Events Review - Liz & Team set up tables.
Profile Picture Alli, 11/10/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

We were recommended to Liz and thank goodness we found her!! Can't recommend her enough, from how available and supportive she was leading up to the day of, so how helpful she was during and following the event when we had some concerns with how some other vendors treated us. She was our biggest advocate and I can't thank her enough. Her guidance was invaluable and she walked us through planning the perfect wedding that we'll never forget.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

We were initially introduced to Liz through a realtor on Islamorada while we were searching for a wedding venue. The realtor explained that Liz knew every venue and vendor in the area so we should give her a call. This introduction exemplifies Liz as a wedding planner- she is the person to know in the area. My new husband and I were planning from our home in Brooklyn, so we heavily relied on her during the planning process. She introduced us to her amazing vendors (Studio South for floral, Chef Michael for food, Keys Audio for all other rentals) and made the process seamless. She was available via email or phone always. She made sure all the rentals were placed on time, and was the troubleshooter for the dozens of unforeseen issues that arose over the planning process.
Liz was invaluable during the months leading up to our wedding on 10/7/17. But when Irma hit the Keys weeks before our wedding… words cannot explain how happy I was to have Liz as our wedding planner. I had no clue where to begin when we were expecting 150 guests to Islamorada for our special day, and weeks before it was closed to tourists. Although some of our friends and family thought we were crazy, my fiance and I were adamant on sticking to our wedding on the same date and keeping it in south Florida. Liz jumped into action and we essentially re-planned another wedding in Miami our backup option. Ultimately, the Keys were opened to tourists on 10/1, and we moved forward with our wedding as we always wanted. On our wedding day, the tide flooded the beach where we got married hours before and after our ceremony. And Liz still pulled off the most memorable day of our lives.
I have dozens of examples outlining Liz’ attention to detail, professionalism, and fun attitude, but instead I’ll say this: Liz made our wedding day more beautiful than we imagined, and days before it was an evacuation zone hit by a category 5 hurricane. You should hire her to plan your special day.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Liz at Island Life Events came highly recommended by other vendors, and we are so glad that we chose her to help plan our destination wedding! Not only was she great at communicating, even for little things, she was also a comforting presence as our person on the ground who knew what was happening. We booked all our vendors and our venue without meeting them (except via video chat at times), and Liz gave excellent tips and references to steer us in the direction that fit our vision and our budget. She even did a Facetime tour of our venue so we could book it stress-free!
I'm a super organized person and I had timelines and lists throughout the process but we truly could not have had such a stress-free wedding weekend without Liz. She was kind enough to coordinate everything from collecting shipped packages to contracts with vendors, and payments when our international cards were giving us a hard time and the vendors did not take PayPal. If you're hesitating about hiring a planner or day-of coordinator, go with Liz! Any question or concern we had, she was able to address in a timely manner. Liz and her staff were very knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient, and set up everything just as we had discussed. She was absolutely fantastic to work with, and her personality and services are totally worth the money so that you can have a magical wedding like we did!

Photo for Island Life Events Review - Perfectly arranged guestbook table
Profile Picture Naila, 7/22/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Cultural, Destination, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

If you want professionalism, quality, and effectiveness; then you want Liz! No one thinks they are a classic "bridezilla" so surely, I was a princess to work with, right?! OK, lets be real; we are all crazy when it comes to our wedding but Liz always made me feel like I was easy to work with and took all the questions and stress out of my head. I gave her very little direction and she turned it into a full blown party! Have wedding party members who think it's funny to be late or show up unprepared? Not a problem for Liz! I never had to worry about being the bad guy because Liz whipped all my party members to attention! Vendors who aren't doing their part? Not with Liz! She made sure that all my vendors knew what was expected and let them know if they were faltering. Liz is a class act and I would recommend her unconditionally.

Profile Picture Nika, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I loved working with Liz. She always answered my emails quickly and didn't mind that I was a DIY bride. I arranged everything with notes of how and where I wanted it and Liz did all the set-up. She made it look amazing! She was awesome at my keeping my wedding party on track too. During the reception she was constantly checking on us and making sure everything was going to plan & it did! Thank you Liz & Sarah!

Profile Picture Sandy, 6/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists

Elizabeth Seligman & her helper were wonderful ..! They took many worries away from us so that we could enjoy the day even more..!

Profile Picture Dan, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

From the first time I met Liz, I knew she was the one for me. Liz is a type A personality, who will make sure that your dream wedding becomes a reality. Throughout all of the snafus and miscommunications, Liz had my back. And at the end of it all when I saw the end result, it was amazing. I trusted her and she didn't let me down. Her team follows in her work ethic, and makes sure that you are not taken advantage of. Planning a wedding in the keys when you don't live there can be challenging, but Liz will guide you and make sure that every detail is attended to. I didn't hear one negative comment from our wedding. The whole venue was beautifully decorated and I am grateful for ghe team of individuals who worked together to make it a weekend to remember. She saved me the week leading up and was never too busy to schedule some time for me. She's amazing!! We love you Liz ??

Profile Picture Aliyah, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Liz is wonderful. She becomes emotionally involved with your wedding and takes the time to listen and make it what you dream of.

Profile Picture R, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Liz was an amazing wedding planner and day of coordinator. I booked my venue before it had even opened and since she was local she was able to check out the venue and update me on the progress. Her local connections to vendors made my long distance planning from New York so much easier. I would definitely recommend Liz for your wedding. She is extremely flexible and always available to chat about the details.

Profile Picture andrea, 5/6/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We decided to use Island Life Events for my daughter's day of coordinator. We were in touch with Liz multiple times before the big day since we live in Minnesota and our daughter, the bride lived in Thailand and the wedding was in Key Largo. She assigned Sarah to handle the wedding. We were so happy with Sarah and all her efforts. She also ran the rehearsal the night before and was there early the next day making sure everything was in place and looking wonderful. We had a rainy day for an outdoor wedding but Sarah did everything she could to make sure the ceremony on the beach was set up and ready to go when the weather broke for a little bit. The reception was absolutely beautiful too. We had so many comments from family & friends about what a great job she did and what a hard-worker she was. Sarah was absolutely wonderful.

Profile Picture Connie, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Liz is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She was always there for me during my year+ engagement and had my back when problems arose dealing with my new venue. She never let anyone take advantage of me and gave me piece of mind that was invaluable. The #1 reason to hire Liz is to be able to enjoy your wedding day. Disasters will happen, and she will be there to clean up the mess. The day before my wedding, I found out that the stage my venue was supplying was bigger than what they had told my tent company. That meant that my entire floor plan which I had spent weeks organizing was completely out the window - I don't even know what happened but Liz worked her magic and everything was worked out by the wedding day. 15 minutes before I was supposed to walk down the aisle, I was told by my venue that a storm was coming in 18 minutes and everything that was already beautifully set up for a ceremony on the beach had to be moved indoors. For me this was not an option, and I was devastated. 5 minutes later, Liz looked me in the eye and said "We are having this wedding on the beach." Liz quickly organized everyone so we could start a few minutes early (something I didn't even realize) and we were able to finish the ceremony outside and be under the tent before the rain hit. She literally saved the day, and I couldn't be more grateful. Liz is a great person and great at what she does. You will not regret hiring her!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Religious

Jennie and Liz were absolutely wonderful! I have been working in the events industry for many years now, and I knew I needed to have a planner there for the day of my wedding. I did not want to worry about a thing. And I did not worry about a thing - Jennie handled my day of coordination and I could not be happier! She made sure all of my visions came together into the best day of our life. Thank you so much for everything! Our day would not have been the same without you.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 4/14/17, 1 Review