Island Life Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Liz
    Liz G. Married on 12/04/2021

Liz and ILE were amazing!

If you’re looking for a planner, look no further. Liz and her team did an incredible job. They are very responsive and provide great advice for all your questions leading up to the day.

Two days before our wedding, our venue let us know that the 2 event staff were not going to be on-site the day of. At first we were really worried, but Liz made sure everything went flawlessly. The venue linens weren’t in great condition with a lot of wrinkles and Liz leveraged her relationship with other vendors and found replacements the day of the wedding.

Highly recommend! Thank you to the ILE team!
    Lucia S. Married on 11/13/2021

The Most Amazing Team

Liz and Sarah are truly an incredible team to work with. We were recommended Island Life Events by our venue and it was easily the best decision we made during wedding planning. They are so responsive, decisive, adaptable, understanding and direct. From the beginning, they gave excellent vendor recommendations to help build a truly incredible vendor team and create the most amazing wedding day. As it got closer to the wedding day, their details form/questionnaire and timeline planning helped everything fall into place. Doing everything ahead of time with their guidance truly helped me just focus on enjoying my wedding week without any last minute planning needs.

While I'm sure they were incredibly busy behind the scenes during the wedding day, I was never directly involved and was able to enjoy all the moments with my new husband, family and friends. They made sure our drinks were full and that we had food throughout the night. The wedding turned out so much better than we could have even imagined. I know we would not have been able to do it without their help and expertise!

Island Life Events's reply:

You are the most amazing client!!! Thank you so much Lucia, for being so kind and gracious, we are so honored that we were able to be a part of your wedding. You are the reason we do what we do and love our work!
    Caroline F. Married on 10/30/2021

Best wedding money spent

If you are questioning whether or not you need a wedding planner, you absolutely do. Liz and Sarah of island life events were a huge reason that our wedding went as organized and smoothly as it did. They took all of the stress off my shoulders to make sure that I had the best day of my life. They are organized, communicative, and amazing people wranglers (including my 26 person bridal party!!). They listened to what we wanted, made sure that it happened according to plan, recommended vendors, and ensured I didn’t spend money where I didn’t need to. Hiring island life events was easily the best wedding money we spent. Thank you again so much Liz and Sarah!!

Island Life Events's reply:

Caroline, Thank you so much!!! You and Chase are amazing clients and made everything so easy for us. We absolutely loved working with you both!
  • Ashlan
    Ashlan C. Married on 10/10/2021

Amazing Experience!

Island Life Events was extremely prompt, professional, responsive, and very helpful with the entire planning process! I would definitely recommend them to other brides, as my wedding went smoothly and I never had to worry about a thing!
    Heidi H. Married on 06/26/2021

Magical Weekend

Liz and Sarah are LIFESAVERS! One extremely valuable piece of advice to all brides and parents: Contract with Island Life Events. Your day will be perfect, flawless, and magical due to their expertise and professionalism. We (parents, bride and groom) were able to relax and enjoy the day/weekend while Liz and Sarah took care of every detail. Stellar!

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Heidi!!! It was an pleasure and honor to work with all of you and be a part of such a magical day!
  • Katerina
    Katerina C. Married on 06/13/2021

Wedding Planner

Accountable, reliable, personable. From the moment I met Elizabeth, I knew she would deliver in anything I threw at her. She was so timely in her responses and very honest with anything I would ask. She went above and beyond, and made the task of planning a wedding so effortless. She felt like a friend and family by wedding day. She was in total command and our timeline was executed with no glitches. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day by having her in my corner. I wish I could plan everything all over again, and without a doubt I would choose Island Life Events every time!
  • Allyson
    Allyson S. Married on 04/24/2021

The BEST wedding planner!

I had a destination wedding in the keys and decided to hire a planner to help me since I wasn't in town. Elizabeth and Sarah were such a joy to work with. Elizabeth set me up with the BEST team of vendors and started all the convos for me with the florist and DJ. I didn't have to spend any time doing research on them which saved me SO much stress.
    The month/weeks before the wedding we nailed down all the info and Sarah used it to put together a timeline and helped me make sure that I wasn't forgetting anything leading up to the big day (I stressed out over planning so much, and they seriously helped me feel so much better!).
    The day of the wedding Elizabeth and Sarah were my saviors. Holy cow I do not have enough good things to say about them!! They got everything set up and decorated flawlessly- they turned my vision into a reality and wowow it came out so good. I didn't have to worry about anything while I got ready with my girls! Throughout the whole day they ensured everything ran smoothly and according to our schedule. She even helped deflect some family drama I was dealing with on my wedding day, so that I could truly enjoy my day. She was the friend I didn't know I needed on my wedding day!!
    Island Life Events was one of the best decisions I could have made for my wedding!

Island Life Events's reply:

Allyson, you and Wesley were such an absolute pleasure to work with. We cannot express how grateful we are to have been a part of your wedding and the planning process, thank you so much!!!!!!!
    Noy L. Married on 12/27/2020

The best day of coordinator!

I hired Elizabeth to be my day of coordinator about 1 month before the wedding. It was very last minute but she helped me fulfill every single detail needed to make my wedding absolutely perfect. She is very communicative which is crucial in a wedding planner. I loved how she stayed on top of everything even before the big day. She was my biggest advocate and handled all the details and plans with the vendors which relieved a lot of my stress! On the wedding day, she was there bright and early to help set up and delegate tasks as well as helping me with every hiccup we came across and because of her, the wedding went by so smoothly. On top of her expertise and management skills, she has an AMAZING personality and is so much fun to be around that I didn't feel like she was someone I hired but rather someone who truly cared about making my day flawless. I am so appreciative of Elizabeth and I HIGHLY recommend Island Life Events to anyone looking for a planner!!!!!

Hi Noy,
    I am beyond words!!!
    Thank you so much for being you, as you are an amazing woman. It was an absolute honor to be a part of your beautiful wedding and we wish you all the love and happiness the universe has to offer💕
    Heather H. Married on 11/21/2020

Elizabeth was amazing to work with for my daughter’s wedding

Elizabeth is very thorough, very responsive and helpful with any questions big or small. She truly cared about every detail and helped make the wedding absolutely perfect. Recommending the best vendors and taking care of all the details so I could enjoy getting ready with my family. She is so nice and professional. I just can’t say enough about the entire experience.

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much!!! I had a wonderful time working with you and wish you all the love and happiness the universe has to offe🥰
  • Dawn
    Dawn M. Married on 11/01/2020

Wedding was a breeze...

From beginning to end my experience was perfect!! Always on top of everything so I didn’t need to worry and could enjoy my wedding! Professional, experienced, pleasant! A real pleasure to work with.
    Jason D. Married on 10/23/2020

Amazing vendor

We could not have asked for anyone better to guide us through our day! Very professional and went above and beyond! We felt very relaxed and in good hands! We definitely recommend going with Liz as your wedding planner!

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jason, you and Brittney are such wonderful clients!!! We are truly grateful to have been a part of your wedding🥰
    Daniel S. Married on 10/20/2020

Destination wedding planner

Worth every single penny. Without Liz our Wedding Day would not have been as amazing and memorable as it was. If you are looking for a Weddiing Planner, Liz is beyond words your Planner. She embraced us like family and showed true dedication and commitment to making our day remarkable. She took care of details of the day we had no idea about and coordinated a Team of other vendors to make the Wedding Day seamless. Even when Mother nature didn't agree, she made swift adjustments, as if it was the plan from the beginning. Made our day stress free and we were completely able to enjoy the day. We are forever grateful for Liz and would tell others to book her asap. She is a God sent. 🙏🕊💞
  • Monika
    Monika B. Married on 10/10/2020

A Dream Coordinator

Having a wedding during the COVID-19 pandemic was supposed to be stressful, but Island Life Events made it stress-free, easy and most importantly, memorable. We had Sarah as our coordinator and she was perfect. She was responsive, kind and on top of everything so we could focus on the beautiful moments of our special day. We highly recommend Island Life Events and Sarah for any event. You can't get any better!
  • Alexa
    Alexa M. Married on 09/19/2020

Incredible event coordinator

It was such an absolute pleasure working with Liz at Island Life Events. She is truly incredible!!!! My wedding day was absolutely PERFECT thank you to Island Life Events. Liz has an incredible drive to make the day extra special which makes her so amazing. They are the absolute best team to work with and I could not be happier. I would recommend Island Life Events again, and again. Thank you for going above and beyond to make my day truly magical!!!!!!

Island Life Events's reply:

You made is so wonderful to work with as you are an amazing lady!! We absolutely adore you and Chad and wish you all the love and happiness the universe has to offer!
  • Brianna
    Brianna Married on 05/19/2020

Liz i love you!

Liz. What can I say about her. First off, getting a coordinator is terrifying. As a controlling, organized human being, it is hard to pass over such important plans/details to someone to ensure everything runs smoothly. With Liz, I felt 100000% confident in her ability to run this event with ease + structure. I am so grateful for her throughout the 1.9 years of engagement, through the pandemic rescheduling, and through potential hurricane force winds. She was my rock and saving grace and I will forever be thankful for her making this day one of the best days of my life. Please, if you are hesitant in your decisions or just plain ole want a rockstar, she is your girl.

Island Life Events's reply:

I love you too!!! It was an amazing time planning with you, I absolutely adore you and send you many hugs!!!
    Cindy D. Married on 04/11/2020

Island Life Gave Me the Perfect Wedding

Liz at Island Life Events was amazing. She was proactive and on top of things I hadn't even realized needed to be taken care of. She was always available and understanding of our wants and needs to make sure everything went smoothly. She put together an absolutely beautiful wedding for me and I'll forever be grateful she was my wedding planner.

Island Life Events's reply:

Cindy, thank you so much for being so wonderful to work with especially through this challenging time. We wish you all the love and happiness the universe has to offer.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 04/11/2020

AMAZINGGGGGG!! The best service and team ever!

Even during the crazy 2020 year and everything!! I have never met a more professional and outstanding team. The service and understanding and the flexibility was incredible. They always responded immediately! Liz was amazing to work with and I would recommend to anyone! 11 out of 10n

Island Life Events's reply:

You are amazing!!! Thank you for being so wonderful to work with especially during these challenging times:)
    Lindsey L. Married on 12/14/2019

Day of Wedding Planner

We hired Elizabeth with Island Life Events as our day of planner for our wedding in Key West. Even though Liz was only hired as a "day of" planner, she was there all along the way to answer questions and provide advice. She had a very calm demeanor on the day of and helped calm all of our nerves to ensure our day flowed smoothly. My husband can be quite the details man and Liz was patient with him on the actual day of the wedding and worked with him to make sure everything was up to his standards :P I would definitely recommend Liz to anyone in South Florida looking for a planner!
  • Alison
    Alison W. Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful experience!!!

Sarah was amazing!!! Her thoroughness and energy made our day go as smoothly as possible...I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with a planner and would recommend Island Life events to anyone!
  • Priscilla
    Priscilla G. Married on 10/19/2019

Islamorada wedding success!!

Liz was phenomenal to work with!!! The King Tide in the Keys was not on our side (our prospective wedding site was covered in water during high tide). Liz went above and beyond to connect with our party rental company to ensure that we had the right setup so that our guests didn’t have to worry about wet feet! She and Sarah took care of everything so I didn’t have to worry about any of it on our big day. WHAT A DREAM!!! I would highly recommend working with Island Life Events for your wedding needs. They are rockstars!!!

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much!!! You both were ideal clients especially under the conditions. You both stayed calm and trusted myself and our vendor team and we are beyond grateful for that!!!
  • Maddie
    Maddie K. Married on 09/28/2019

Liz is amazing!!!

We couldn’t have had a better match than Island life events for our wedding. We had Liz for only the month of the wedding but she was so attentive the months leading up as well. She really got to know our family dynamic which was very important in our case and went above and beyond to make it our best day ever.
    With some family drama Liz was ready to take it all on, she felt apart of our family the weekend of our wedding and made it so much less stressful I can’t thank her enough.

You can tell she really loves what she does and truly cares about her brides and grooms. I can’t recommend Island life events enough!!! Thank you guys so much!!!

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Maddie, you are a beautiful, wonderful Lady!!! It was a honor and a pleasure being a part of your wedding and everything turned out perfect!!!
  • Colleen
    Colleen P. Married on 08/16/2019

Best Day Ever!

Elizabeth and her team were instrumental in making my wedding day perfect. All of my other vendors were booked at her recommendation and they were all fabulous and exactly what I wanted. Her team was professional, friendly, and a reassuring, calming presence making the day run so smoothly and ensuring everyone had a great time. I would definitely recommend Island Life Events for any event in the Keys.

Hi Colleen,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review and being such an amazing client! It was an honor and a pleasure working with you and being a part of your wedding:)
    We wish you all the joy and love in your future..
    Lauren R. Married on 07/06/2019

HIGHLY recommended is an understatement! Absolutely INCREDIBLE! Wedding of my dreams!

I cannot say enough good things about Island Life Events! The owner, Elizabeth, is an absolute rock star! Truly, there are not words of praise I could use to describe my experience! She turned my vision into the wedding of dreams-actually, better than any thing I ever dreamed of. We literally just showed up! From day one she was on it- prompt, available, organized, creative, easy to talk to- every single little detail was addressed and taken care of for me. In addition, she was extremely caring, she never once made me feel like I was asking for too much (not to mention she planned my wedding in 8 weeks). Elizabeth has great relationships with all of the best vendors. Everyone she recommended was incredible! She is so passionate about what she does and it is clear that she puts her heart and soul into every event! Like I said, to say that I HIGHLY recommend Island Life Events is an understatement! You would be making a big mistake choosing anyone else to plan your special day.

Island Life Events's reply:

Lauren, I am beyond words.
    Thank you for trusting myself and my team of vendors with your wedding. It was such a wonderful experience working with you!
    Helen H. Married on 07/02/2019

Great Help Planning The Wedding Long-Distance and Day of the Wedding

Elizabeth Seligman and her assistant Sarah were essential to the success of our wedding. Elizabeth was an invaluable resource as we planned my daughter's wedding in Florida from Delaware. She knew vendors and had great ideas on how to make our wedding run smoothly. Her presence during the day of the ceremony saved me (the mother of the bride) from so many headaches and last minute details. Instead of being distracted by vendor questions, Elizabeth handled it all. I high recommend her.

Hi Helen,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review... We loved working with you and Eileen!!!! You were both a dream to work with and we wish you all the best!