Island Life Events Reviews

Island Life Events 5
Island Life Events 6
Island Life Events 7

Danielle · Married on 05/04/2019

Sarah is Amazing! Highly recommend!

We used Island Life Events for our wedding this past Saturday. Our coordinator, Sarah, was AMAZING! She was on top of everything, made the entire process stress free and seamless, and she was a pleasure to work with. We could not have done it without her and HIGHLY recommend ILE! We also have to express our gratitude to the owner, Liz, who really took time and explained everything from the start and made the contracting part of the process so easy! Island Life Events are on top of everything and really know how to make a Bride feel at ease.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Brittany · Married on 05/03/2019

Amazing service

Liz and her team at Island Life Events are absolutely amazing!! Planning a destination wedding would not have been possible for us without them. Liz answered every email/text you name it within minutes with any questions or freak outs I was having. When we had one vendor late Shauntel was on the phone immediately checking on the situation. Our wedding was so beautiful all thanks to them and the set up!!! Thank you Liz and team!!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Kayla · Married on 05/03/2019

I was a bride who worked with Island Life Events

I absolutely loved working with Island Life Events, specially Liz and Sarah! Planning a destination wedding can be difficult but they made it so easy. I explained my vision and they provided great recommendations for vendors, were very organized, and made my day so special. I highly recommend Island Life Events.

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Island Life Events 8
    Island Life Events 9
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Elizabeth was nothing short of amazing. I could just enjoy our day and let her worry about the organization. She was so lovely to work with. I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Island Life Events 10
    Island Life Events 11
    Island Life Events 12
    Island Life Events 13
    Island Life Events 14

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jaclyn!!! You are an amazing client to work with and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness:)
  • Bridgett

Bridgett · Married on 02/23/2019

Best Day of coordinator and more

Liz and Sarah are amazing! We booked Island Life Events in mid 2017 for our planned Feb 18 wedding. Due to Hurricane Irma, we postponed our wedding another year. Liz worked with us every step of the way and had no problem rescheduling our day with us. She even offered to help us find another venue because ours had severe damage. They went out of their way and helped many brides find other venues since so many of the resorts were shut down due to Irma. Liz helped me with a lot of ideas and kept me on track. Sarah took over in a few weeks before the day of and without her, I would have been lost. She kept all the venders in line and on schedule. Anything I was concerned with, she took care of immediately. She was there every step of the way. On the wedding day she was there early, she did all the decorations (beautifully), made sure everyone was where they should be, and she stayed till the very end of the night. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and they made my day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Linsey

Linsey · Married on 02/16/2019

Best Decision

As someone who is more of a big picture thinker, I was dreading planning all the details of a wedding with 120 guests. Elizabeth and her team were a lifesaver from start to finish. My wedding was beautiful, better than I envisioned. The day of, I was relatively stress-free because I knew she had it under control. Thank you!!!! Linsey & Hector

Sent on 02/20/2019
    Island Life Events 15

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Linsey, you and Hector were a dream to work with and we appreciate you trusting us with your wedding!

Lauren · Married on 01/26/2019

Highly recommend!

Liz was amazing onsite and leading up to our wedding. I trusted her and her recommendations for vendors immediately. I chose to leave all the planning decisions in her hands and I was very impressed and not stressed! I would highly recommend doing the full package with her so you can enjoy your wedding and the lead up. Her prices are super affordable and beyond what you receive. I can’t say enough and am telling all my friends getting married to use her. She’s no bs, and that’s a good thing!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! We loved working with you and Joey.
    Let your girlfriends know we travel😉😘

Lisa · Married on 12/29/2018

We chose Island Life Events for a day of wedding planner. We got so much more than we thought we would! Liz kept in touch through emails and phone calls leading up to our event. After the hurricane, Liz quickly called us up asking how we were doing and inquiring about the status of our venue and if there was anything she could do to help. She helped us secure rentals and provided us with ‘homework’ that really helped us to think about every aspect of our day. Sarah came for our rehearsal dinner and was our planner for the day of the wedding. She was present all day making sure everything was perfect for us. We had nothing to worry about! Liz and Sarah were both professional and very personable!

Sent on 04/14/2018

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much, you and Regan were wonderful to work with!!!

Carly · Married on 11/10/2018

Day-of planner, best decision ever!

If you hire them, request Sarah! As my wedding was pretty small with not a ton of "extras" and detail, I decided to go with a day-of planner instead of one throughout the whole process. It was the best decision I made for the entire wedding. The day of the wedding, we realized that there was a 50% chance there was going to be rain (every girl with an outdoor wedding's nightmare!!). As I was going off the deep end, Sarah calmed me down and helped devise a plan that was our best option. She coordinated everything last-minute with the venue and the vendors and everything was perfect. She's confident in her role and very professional, and best of all she really, really cares about making it the best day of your life. The day wouldn't have been what it was without her :)

Sent on 12/26/2018

Alyssa · Married on 11/10/2018

An Amazing Rockstar!!!

I do not know where to begin!!! My husband and I had a great feeling about her the moment we set up our preliminary call. She provided us all the possible vendors we can choose from and still was super open and accommodating when I found my own and did her own research to provide us more outside of her list. She gave her opinion when solicited and provided guidance when needed. Liz always made sure everything was aligned and if we ever had issues , she was on it like white on rice!!! We had things solved before we even knew it was an issue! We enjoyed every second with her and she made our dream wedding come true. Thank you Liz for everything and we hope to keep in touch in the future!!!! You are a rockstar and we love you forever!!

Sent on 03/07/2019
    Island Life Events 16

Island Life Events's reply:

Alyssa, you are the rockstar...an absolute dream to work with and we definitely need to stay in touch!! xoxox
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Experience! Very Experienced Local Team!

Liz and her team are locals to the Keys. I chose them based off their experience with my venue and all the vendors. I used Liz for Full-Time planner, helping to coordinate and choose local vendors. Extremely prompt when responding to emails and truly made our day perfect and seamless. If you are getting married in South Florida, Liz and her team will make your day 100% less stressful and perfect!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Jordan · Married on 09/29/2018

Liz was amazing from the get go! I had already picked The Postcard Inn to have my wedding as well as a few other vendors and she was unbelievably helpful throughout the process. Hurricane Irma hit a year prior to our wedding and we were assured The Postcard Inn would be available for our wedding date (September 29th). However, when my aunt called to make a reservation a few months in advance, she was told by the reservation hotline the resort would NOT be open until sometime in October. After she told me I called Liz in a hurry. She answered my call quickly and responded with "I'm in the grocery store, let me check out and I will start making some phone calls". Within 30 minutes she called me back with options to move our wedding. We decided to move it to Amara Cay. She contacted all the vendors regarding the move & was available anytime I needed her, even the day after the wedding when we had issues finding our decorations.
    I also can't say enough about her daughter, Sarah. Sarah walked us through our rehearsal and was there for us during our whole wedding. Although Liz had some other obligations, she made sure she was there for our ceremony. Good thing her and Sarah were there for the ceremony because as SOON as I walked down the aisle, it began to poor down rain. Everyone ran inside the lobby of Amara Cay and waited for the shower to pass as Liz, Sarah, and the Amara Cay team wiped down the chairs to "re-do" our ceremony. Liz and her team were AMAZING and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help plan our special day.
    From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much for all that you did!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Julie · Married on 07/19/2018

Liz helped my daughter and I plan her wedding at a private residence on Marathon Key. It was a small, family wedding, and we relied upon Liz to help us secure local vendors near Marathon for our event. She was fantastic. The vendor's she provided turned out to be topnotch and very professional. Liz coordinated for us on my daughter's wedding day and totally relieved any stress for myself and my sweet bride. The wedding was perfect and Liz was a big part of our success!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Julie, it was wonderful working with you and Thank You for trusting us with Emilie’s Wedding!

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

Liz was wonderful in every way. She was super helpful, organized and from the moment she first contacted me prior to the wedding, she was able to grasp exactly what I was looking for on the day. At our rehearsal, she took charge and understood what needed to be done. The wedding day itself, her attention to detail and service were amazing, She made the venue look just how I imagined it could and even made suggestions to make things look better than I could imagine. 10/10 :)

Sent on 07/03/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah!!

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2018

I hired Liz as my planner for my 3 wedding events at Playa Largo in Key Largo. My wedding was last weekend 5/19/18, we also had a rehearsal bbq on Friday 5/18 and a brunch on 5/20. I could not have asked for a better experience. Liz was available to me every step of the way and her and Sarah made our day perfect! I followed her recommendations for hair/make up, music, photography, and florist which I am SO glad I did! Every person we hired was awesome. Upon meeting Liz when we visited back in November, I could tell she was Veryyy experienced and professional. Even though she probably works 10 weddings a week, she responded to me almost immediately every time I needed her. Having a destination wedding can make some couples feel uneasy as we didn't really know what to expect. That is why there are people like Liz and Sarah. Sarah was our "day of" coordinator due to the high volume of weddings Liz had that weekend. Sarah is so professional and very sweet. She also was always available to me and would text me back almost immediately when I had any last minute questions. There was a lot of rain in the forecast at the start of our trip. I told Liz and Sarah that I reallyyy wanted my rehearsal bbq outside last friday and they worked with the resort to make it happen. I was so happy when I saw my tables set up on the beach, I almost cried. The weather and the whole event ended up being perfect. I could go on and on but honestly these planners know what they are doing and will not disappoint!! Let them take care of everything for you so you can truly relax and enjoy your destination wedding like we did. Thank you so much Sarah and Liz, you made our wedding weekend perfect! Love, Michelle & Mike

Sent on 05/25/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle!! xoxox

Kibby · Married on 04/28/2018

Liz and Sarah did an incredible job helping us plan and coordinate our wedding! Our contact at our wedding venue, Playa Largo Resort & Spa, highly recommended Island Life Events for planning services and we're so grateful for the reference. Liz had the patience and expertise to guide us through every detail of planning our three-day wedding weekend. There are SO many aspects of a wedding to keep track of that it can be overwhelming, but Liz managed to make the process manageable and even enjoyable! She had a direct, confident attitude while answering my endless questions and consistently steered me in the right direction. For example, when I was anxious about the chance of rain ruining our plans for a beach ceremony, she thoroughly walked me through the back-up plan while calming me down. Sarah was our day-of coordinator who also did a tremendous job making sure everything ran smoothly during our big day. It took the pressure off me completely so I could enjoy our wedding. So grateful for everything they've done for me :).

Sent on 05/01/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

You are amazing!!!! Thank you so much..xoxox

Kay · Married on 04/28/2018

Liz was a fabulous planner and executor for our wedding! She understood our vibe and style immediately, and introduced us to the vendors and venues that would be the best fit for our us. We love that she's very straight forward and direct, she's not going to sugar coat anything or give you the runaround.

On the weekend of the event Liz and her team worked tirelessly to deliver on a perfect wedding day -- all with a smile on her face and while making sure we, the wedding party, were having fun and were relaxed. Everything went off without a hitch, thanks to Liz, who ironed out more than one snafu without any of our guests even noticing.

Sent on 05/06/2018
    Island Life Events 17
    Island Life Events 18
    Island Life Events 19

Alisha · Married on 04/21/2018

Yes, yes yes! Liz at Island Life Events is the absolute best! She made my wedding day magical from start to finish. Her attention to detail, artistic flair, her amazing vendors and contacts, and her professionalism was stellar. Liz drove all over south Florida to get me the best deals. I trusted her decision making skills and her creative concepts. When vendors would tell me “no” she fought to make it happen, and it always did. For almost a year we planned my destination wedding and she made everything seamless and fun! My wedding looked like an absolute fairytale. I refer her with the utmost confidence. My husband’s will also be using her for any future corporate events. We love Liz!
    -Alisha

Sent on 03/19/2018
    Island Life Events 20
    Island Life Events 21
    Island Life Events 22

Rachel · Married on 04/14/2018

I loved working with Liz. She was a total pro and ensured everything for my wedding ran smoothly. She was super efficient and gave great advice on vendors and even design. I couldn’t have done it without her and would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Thank you Rachel!!!

Shawna · Married on 04/13/2018

I can not thank Liz enough for helping plan my wedding. Our wedding day was perfect and it would not have happened without her. She is so knowledgeable, detail oriented and always made herself available for all my questions! Having a destination wedding, I was so anxious the morning of the wedding day wondering if everything would come together. Liz was with me that morning reassuring me everything was taken care of.....and gosh, it was! I walked onto the beach and saw our ceremony and reception setup and was truly blown away. It was everything we dreamed it would be....and more! Her and Sarah are both amazing and made our wedding day stress free. I tell everyone the best decision I made during this entire wedding planning process was hiring Liz!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/07/2018

Liz and her team were extremely helpful and accommodating throughout our whole wedding planning experience. I seriously do not know what I would have done without her expertise. After hurricane Irma hit the Florida Keys I was incredibly stressed about how our venue held up. Liz was the first person to contact me (even before the venue) to tell me my options as we would have to change locations due to damages. She had a list of options and contacts for me and made the transition as easy as possible. I felt very comfortable making decisions from Michigan based on recommendations from Liz and her team and when it came down to the wedding day everything turned out perfectly. She is full of great ideas and knows how to get things done the right way. My husband originally questioned needing a professional wedding planner but after going through the process he has said it was our best money spent. I would recommend Liz to anyone planning a wedding in the Keys in a heartbeat!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Melanie · Married on 04/07/2018

Liz is wonderful to work with and a true master of patience. I met her through my Venue Sea Ranch Estate and after my first phone call with her I knew it was a match. She is a no BS sounding board and exactly what I needed to help plan and stay organized. She has the answer to any question you might have and when it comes to vendors she only works with the best!!! While I am type A and did a lot of the pre-planning Liz was patient, organized and kept me really calm throughout the whole process. I really appreciated being able to pick up the phone and bounce ideas off her and when I needed a hand she was always ready and willing to help. When my venue got hit by Hurricane Irma she was quick to calm my anxiety to find alternate venues. (Thankfully my venue was able to recover in time but she helped me stay cool when the heat was on.)

If you are considering getting married in the Keys and want someone who knows everyone and everything she is a Perfect match (it is a huge PLUS for anyone planning remotely). That said, her business has grown to Miami and Broward... I ended up using a mix of her local Keys and Miami vendors because they were the best for what I needed.

I had my dream wedding on a beach, great food, stunning flowers, chill lounge areas, a Sperry Tent and NO hiccups all thanks to my parents... and LIZ!!!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Hi Melanie,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am very grateful and it was an honor to be a part of your wedding:)

Gail · Married on 01/27/2018

Ben and I had the best experience with Liz and Sarah! From the minute we selected Liz to the very last wedding song, they made our day the most stress free day! Sarah- decorated beautifully!!!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Island Life Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we are blessed to have clients like yourselves!

Ariel · Married on 12/02/2017

Where do I even start?! Liz is the best of the best. We planned our destination wedding in Islamorada, FL for December of 2017. She connected me with wonderful vendors and was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. After Hurricane Irma, our original venue assured both myself and Liz multiple times that the hotel would be open by December 2. THEN - less than 30 days before our wedding - our original venue sent me an email informing me that the hotel would no longer be open in time due to delayed hurricane repairs. I was completely beside myself. Only with Liz's guidance and sense of calm were we able to find a new venue, coordinate with all our current vendors, find new vendors, and finalize our *new* wedding in less than FOUR DAYS. If this is not a testament to Liz's patience, expertise, resourcefulness, and professionalism, then I don't know what is! And, best of all, I can truly say that our wedding went off without a hitch in Miami at the National Hotel. THANK YOU, LIZ! xoxoxo

Sent on 12/13/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/11/2017

Liz is A+++. Hurricane Irma destroyed my original wedding venue and before Liz could even go back to the Keys to see her home, she was already working on finding me a new venue. That right there was worth every penny. And she was so on point on my wedding day and every day leading up to it. I was a VERY happy bride and my wedding decor was absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Sent on 12/18/2017