The Inn at the Round Barn Farm Reviews

32 | Waitsfield, VT

32 Reviews for The Inn at the Round Barn Farm

The Round Barn Farm was the most perfect venue I could have imagined. When we visited, we fell in love with the gorgeous Vermont setting, charm of the RBF, and hospitality of the staff. From the beginning of planning through the wedding weekend, the staff and wedding coordinator (Lisa) at the RBF were on top of every detail. They were flexible in making the wedding personal to us as a couple and seamlessly implemented the ideas we had for our weekend. Prior to the wedding weekend we had a "hand-off" meeting where the staff took over everything for the weekend so that we and our families could truly relax and enjoy it. We gave them boxes of decorations with no instructions and they made it all look amazing. Lisa thought of everything and made sure that everything went smoothly while remaining cool as a cucumber under pressure. The staff was so warm and fun that they kept us completely calm and having a ball the whole time. Stephanie, the Inn Keeper, was also amazing and kept all of our guests happy throughout the weekend. Service was impeccable, and the food was amazing. The barn itself is incredible - such a beautiful setting and magical with the lights at night. The whole event was gorgeous and guests have been raving about it ever since, with many calling it the best wedding they've ever been to. We are so grateful to the staff for all of their love and warmth in making it happen.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Traci · Married on 06/02/2018

We just held our wedding here in June. I cannot say enough good things about the venue, and our coordinator Becky! The location is gorgeous and our guests said it was so comfortable and casual, which was exactly what we wanted.
    Becky did a wonderful job coordinating with our other vendors and even called them the week ahead to confirm and communicate the plan.
    The food was wonderful (chicken and filet), and our vegetarian guests loved the spicy tofu that the chef created. For the cocktail hour, the chef was kind enough to create a special plate of appetizers for a friend who had several dietary restrictions.
    We reserved the majority of the Inn - the staff was so helpful and the breakfast was wonderful.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Emily · Married on 06/20/2009

The Round Barn and their staff are just fantastic! Vermont in June can either still be cool or getting warm. The innkeeper the first morning we were there asked my guests how they slept. A couple mentioned that they were a little warm. Not more then 10 minutes later their rooms had ACs in them! Their event staff is profession yet welcoming.

Sent on 07/07/2009

3.5

My wedding at the Round Barn truly was my dream wedding. The venue its self is absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing. The Round Barn supplies the food (which is amazing!), the bar service, rentals as well as day of coordination. These services and the quality of their staff made my wedding planning and wedding day so much easier for me. They have beautiful options for both outdoor and indoor weddings which was great for me when it rained on my wedding day. Any bride would be lucky to have their wedding here.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Kelly · Married on 07/28/2012

3.0

We had our wedding at The Inn at The Round Barn Farm in late July of this year. We immediately fell in love with the serenity of the setting and how it seemed to put us at peace. The entire staff was amazing and accommodating during our entire wedding experience. The food was absolutely delicious and our guests are still raving about it! Compliments to Chef Charlie! Lisa, the Wedding Planner on staff is the absolute best. She thinks of EVERYTHING and takes the burden completely off the bride and groom. You can be as hands-on or as hands-off as you want with Lisa. Never have I seen a woman balance complete warmth in her interactions and also remain as cool as a cucumber under pressure. Becky, who assisted with our event management and decor was also amazing! The day before our wedding, I basically gave her boxes full of decorations with no idea how to get them to all work together in the barn and she made everything look wonderfully! I am a designer so I am a bit of a tough critic but she just transformed the barn into the wedding setting of our dreams. The owner of the Inn, Anne Marie and her partner Tim make every guest feel immediately at home. They got to know our guests, made sure everyone's bellies were full and kept a close watch on the ominous skies to ensure we could get the most time outdoors as possible! Stephanie, the Inn Keeper is also an absolute delight. She always has a smile on her face and is so calm and welcoming. Every single guest knew her name and adored her by the end of the weekend!

The staff works excellently together, and as a team, made our wedding day so incredibly special. They made my husband and I and all our of our guests feel very much at home.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Jill · Married on 08/25/2007

3.5

This venue was awesome! We rented out the whole Inn so we had exclusive use of it. Tim and Ann Marie were very professional, and there was no job they couldn't handle.

Sent on 07/24/2008

Jessie · Married on 05/22/2016

2.6
      2.5
      1.5

So, place is GORGEOUS and the food is good.
    From the moment my wife and I walked up, we knew we wanted to go with them. We met with Kim, the owner, who quickly fooled us in many ways. There was a lot said at our initial meeting, that we really didn't feel the follow through was there. Almost every time we would talk to Kim, it almost felt like because our guest list was smaller (as she said "that of a dinner party, not a wedding"), that we were not worth her time. Which actually put me in tears or emotional almost every time I'd talk to her, but that's NOT how a bride to be should feel by a vendor. At the end of the day, I'm paying you regardless of what my wedding is classified as in your books, don't make me feel less than!
    On the weekend of our wedding we met Becky, who we had NEVER spoken with until 2 DAYS before our wedding. Ok, this wouldn't of been so bad, but almost every other thing Becky and I talked about, she'd look at me like she had no clue what I was saying. Kim and I had discussed these things, and agreed on it though. That's what really made me uncomfortable because, hello, it's a big day in my life!
    So, one of the main things we wanted, was to get married outside. We agreed, rain or shine, we wanted to go outside. It was something Kim made clear they'd do EVERYTHING possible to make happen. Then on my wedding day, Becky did not make me feel that way AT ALL. I understand they cant control the weather, but even in the misting rain, that they said we could go out in, she made me feel bad about it. Even ALL of my guests agreed after that going outside was much better, EVEN IN THE RAIN.
    The dinner was totally awkward, and took forever to actually get through. My guests even told me they didn't understand why everything took so long. To top it off, during dinner they didn't even know I'm a vegetarian, which though we did family style, the vegetarian meals were plated separately.
    Overall, not impressed.

Sent on 05/27/2016

The Inn at the Round Barn Farm's reply:

Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry we made you feel this way and would love to speak with you directly. You were in love with the property and we wanted to make a Round Barn wedding possible for you. After your contract was signed, we got to work planning your wedding, but with each conversation the scope of your event changed. Still, we reworked and reworked your event to meet your vision & budget. I am deeply sorry more realistic expectations weren't established as your plans changed. Our events are managed by a team of professionals. Becky was floor manager for your event, along with another coordinator. Couples meet Becky at their hand-off meeting. This required meeting before rehearsal is when we review every detail including final decor, props, timeline, & menu. Sadly, you forgot to return for your scheduled hand-off meeting, leaving us waiting for hours, unable to reach you until the next morning. Our resources to execute your set-up were evaporating with every hour we waited. Rain can cause changes to an event. At 3pm there were thunderstorms with more forecast for your 4pm ceremony. Thunderstorms force us indoors. Our many years of successful events tell us dry guests are happy guests - we underestimated your guests willingness to brave the rain. Here at the RBF, food is critically important to us. 17 of your 33 guests had diverse dietary restrictions, making a family style meal nearly impossible, which we discussed with you. The absence of your seating chart with special meal designations compounded the issue, yet still, we tried. We are truly sorry that your expectations were not met. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and will take your words to heart as we work with all our couples. You are a part of the Round Barn family and we'd love to welcome you again to celebrate a belated honeymoon or an anniversary.