The Inn at the Round Barn Farm Reviews

The Inn at the Round Barn Farm 5
The Inn at the Round Barn Farm 6
The Inn at the Round Barn Farm 7

Gabrielle · Married on 06/23/2018

I don't think I can put into words how magical our wedding at the Round Barn was. The location is like something out of a storybook. Our families, close friends, and small wedding party rented out the whole Inn for the two nights of our wedding weekend, and it was the best decision we made. Breakfasts in the enchanting garden, looking at the impeccably maintained lawns and flower beds, listening to the birds sing in the sunshine... we are already planning our next trip back there.

Everyone that worked with us to plan our wedding and was there the day of was kind, polite, and helpful. Beverly, our wedding coordinator, is a gem of a person and made sure everything was running smoothly from the moment we contacted her a year before the wedding to the actual day of the ceremony. She was loving, supportive, listened to our every need and want, and ensured that we had the best wedding we could have imagined. This venue's ability to be flexible, adapt to last minute weather changes, accommodate everyone's needs, and be kind and courteous the whole time really blew our mind. The food was absolutely incredible - I am a big food lover and I was blown away by the quality of ingredients, creativeness of the dishes, presentation... Everyone raved about how good the food was at the wedding.

If you are thinking about getting married here - do it. It's only been a week and I already wish I could relive our wedding day. We will be forever grateful to the staff at the Inn at the Round Barn Farm for making our wedding day absolute perfection.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Caitlin · Married on 10/28/2017

I don't even know where to start! We loved the Round Barn from the first day we saw it, just venue shopping. But we had no idea how amazing it would all turn out the day of our wedding. Becky Greene was our coordinator and if there was an award for the BEST WEDDING COORDINATOR she should get it. She's AMAZING, I think she remembered more about my own wedding than I did. She accommodated everything that we wanted, discussed the best options for us, even gave us her opinion when we weren't sure what to do because we trusted her. We brought a lot of our own decor and she set up everything exactly how we wanted it. The flow of the wedding was fantastic, to the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and bonfire, there were extremely organized and professional. The food was AMAZING and service was wonderful. All of our guests could not stop talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever been too, and I do feel like they meant it. The Round Barn will always have a special place in our hearts, we will be back for sure.

Sent on 12/03/2017
    The Inn at the Round Barn Farm 13
    The Inn at the Round Barn Farm 14

Rachel · Married on 09/28/2017

We had a wonderful wedding at the Round Barn in September. After considering a large wedding elsewhere and hesitating, my husband and I ended up checking out the Round Barn together on a whim. From the moment we toured the premises, we knew a small, intimate wedding there was just right for us. The people were friendly, the rooms were all so unique and comfortable feeling, the grounds are stunning without being fussy or overdone, and they have Heady Topper and Sip O' Sunshine! We booked the elopement package they offer and added 10 guests. It was all very easy and affordable. Beginning a few months in advance, I worked with Beverly via email (we live in NJ) to set everything up. She was prompt, friendly, and knowledgeable. She worked with us to customize our day and everything came out beautifully. Beyond the wedding experience, staying in the Richardson Room was amazing and the breakfasts offered each morning are to die for (though I was too nervous on the wedding morning to fully appreciate it!) We went into wedding planning wanting a simple, low maintenance, meaningful wedding day. The Round Barn helped us to make that vision a reality. I look forward to hopefully celebrating some anniversaries at the Round Barn!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kate · Married on 07/01/2017

Everyone at the Inn at the Round Barn Farm, especially Kim, Jim, and Beverly, made our wedding a dream!! Beverly, our coordinator, made sure we thought of everything and remained on track before the wedding; the weekend of, she anticipated every need and ensured that everything went smoothly. Her warmth, dedication, attention to detail, patience, flexibility, calm positivity, and professionalism made her a joy to work with; her experience and capability allowed us to focus on the day, each other, our guests, and having fun because we knew Beverly was on top of everything. Kim and Jim, the inn keepers, had such a personal touch and checked in frequently to make sure we had everything we needed. Everyone worked hard behind the scenes to make sure everything went well and were so friendly that we felt incredibly comfortable and happy to share our wedding with them! The grounds and buildings of venue itself are gorgeous — the guests raved about them, even in the rain! When it rained, it was such a relief to be at the Inn because they have a flawless rain plan with a gorgeous and intimate indoor ceremony location — the weather didn’t matter! Their experience enabled them to able to quickly adapt for any changes. Our guests loved the food (“best wedding food ever!”) at the wedding, the rehearsal dinner, and at breakfast, for those who stayed at the Inn. We had guests in every room at the Inn, which was amazing because it allowed us to spend more time with everyone and our guests were thrilled to have more time to enjoy the weekend and not worry about traveling back and forth. Even though we live in California, my husband and I talk about how much we love the Inn and about how much we have to go back to visit whenever we can! We can’t recommend the Inn at Round Barn Farm highly enough. Thank you, everyone there, for making our wedding the best weekend ever!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 06/24/2017

My daughter's wedding was held here and I cannot say enough about how special it is at the Round Barn. The wedding coordinator is amazing and so on top of every detail. The staff was friendly and helpful with excellent service! The barn itself is so beautiful. The food is some of the best in Vermont. I highly recommend this venue for a beautiful Vermont wedding.

Sent on 07/03/2017

The moment we pulled up to the Round Barn, we knew this was it. To all of you reading this review, let me tell you... that besides marrying your fiance, choosing the Round Barn will be the BEST DECISION you will ever make.

Why the Round Barn was everything we could have asked for in a Wedding Venue:

-THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE: Starting with Stacey, who we immediately fell in love with b/c she was so genuine, patient, sweet and just genuinely excited for us. Becky, our wedding planner (more on that in a minute), Marnie, Kim, the waitstaff….every single person we worked with leading up to the day, and on our wedding day, was a 10 outta 10. Great, caring, authentic, hard working folks!

BECKY: At the RB, a wedding planner is included in the cost. I think a lot of people (including myself) overlook just how important and how necessary a wedding planner is for your wedding to run seamlessly If I could dream up a wedding planner, it would be Becky Greene. She is incredibly organized, extremely responsive and exudes a spirit that is professional, calming and playful. I can confidently say Becky IS the reason my wedding was everything I could ever dream of and more.

THE VENUE: We got married in March, so we had the ceremony in the milking parlor, and the reception upstairs. The whole place is stunning. From the moment you walk in for a tour, you just can’t help to fall in love instantly with the barn. And, the best part about this barn? It is so beautiful, entirely on its own. We were on a budget, so couldn’t go crazy with flowers, decorations etc. And honestly, at the RB, I really think less is more.

THE INN: every room in the inn is so cozy, romantic and makes you feel right at home. It is awesome to be able to offer your VIP guests a room at the inn. It was so much fun walking into breakfast each morning to see your whole crew. Also, the breakfast is outstanding!!

Thank you RB for making my wedding day so special!!!!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Paul · Married on 09/25/2016

We had our wedding at the end of September 2016. From the second we met Stacey we knew this place was right. The obvious is this place is beautiful, but the experience of working with Stacey and planning was awesome. Every question, email, thought was always answered quickly and easy. She made the process so smooth and made us feel comfortable every step of the way. She has great taste too and speaks her mind. The food was impeccable people are still emailing about it. Staff was also very polite this was a gay wedding and the whole staff at the inn and the barn were polite and kind. The wedding went perfect. Everything we planned and were informed of went that way - there were no surprises. I have heard so many venue horror stories, but The Inn did it superbly. We looked at a bunch of places and were so glad we picked it. We can't recommend it enough! Book here!

Sent on 02/28/2017

The Round Barn is the absolute best! I truly won't be able to capture in words how wonderful the people at the Round Barn are and how special they made our wedding day. From the minute we met Kim, we knew we found the best place for our wedding. The Round Barn is full of charm and offers the best of everything. Charlie, the chef, is an artist and everything we tasted was truly fantastic. So good that we decided to have our rehearsal dinner at the Round Barn as well! Everyone worked so hard to make our day absolutely perfect and we will never be able to thank them enough for all of their efforts in making us, our family, and our guests feel so special. You cannot go wrong with hosting your wedding at the Round Barn!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Carolyn · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have our wedding at the Inn at The Round Barn Farm a few weeks ago. We sincerely, from the bottom of our hearts, could not imagine a more perfect venue. It was a truly beautiful event, and couldn't have been possible without the assistance of their wonderful team (who are honestly the most genuine, friendly, and hard working people). The owner, Kim, and Becky, Beverly, and Josh, were so much fun and so lovely to work with that it was actually quite sad to leave after our reception. We can't thank them enough! Also, we had the pleasure of staying for the weekend, the breakfast was the best I've ever had, and the rooms were lovely! I would give 10 stars if I could!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Victor · Married on 06/18/2016

Just can't say enough about the Inn at Round Barn Farm! We visited many venues searching for the right balance between charm, service, and facilities and ultimately determined that the small relatively small premium for a venue that provides complete management service plus all the necessary equipment was well with the money. Kim and her team know what they are doing and strive to eliminate any and all stress so that you can enjoy your special day. Since this was effectively a destination wedding for us, we really needed to rely on Kim and to transform the weekend into everything our daughter wanted. They delivered on that promise in every department. If you are looking for authenticity and a setting that can't be easily matched, the Inn at Round Barn Farm fits the bill. The website does not lie. What may not be evident on the website is the spectrum of location choices for the ceremony and the failsafe milking parlor that can be transformed into the ceremony location in case the weather does not cooperate... We used it for the rehearsal dinner! The added convenience of being able to house the whole wedding party plus parents at the Inn just made the whole weekend extra special and stress free. I have worked in the Hospitality Industry for many many years and have visited some of the most amazing hotel properties. The Inn at Round Barn Farm is a very special place. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!! --V2 (FoB)

Sent on 07/27/2016

Abigail · Married on 06/13/2015

When we got engaged, our idea was to have a backyard BBQ - my mother had a different vision for our day. When she asked us to go to The Round Barn to have a look, we were reluctant, for no other reason than a Round Barn wedding is a much more grand affair than we had planned. However, after taking a tour of the property and meeting with the absolutely delightful owner, Kim, we were sold.
    We got engaged on Valentine's Day 2015 and were married on June 13, 2015. We planned and executed the entire event in 4 months, all thanks to the ease of the Round Barn. We are so grateful for having had the opportunity to be married out by the pond, under the willows, facing the irises with the frogs croaking and cows behind us. It was truly picturesque! There wasn't anywhere that you looked at that wasn't beautiful. Our guests were blown away but the setting...
    The barn, itself, was a vision - just breathtaking. The tables were set to perfection and the service was unparalleled. Thank you, Becky, for taking such great care of us and our guests.
    The food was absolutely delicious, as well. Chef Charlie is a true artist, with food as his canvas. It was clear from the beginning, that he takes great care in everything that he creates. Five stars to the chef!
    To say that our wedding was a magical day, is an understatement.
    Thank you to Kim Donahue and The Round Barn staff for giving us the perfect weekend of memories!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Kristina · Married on 07/03/2014

The perfect wedding venue! We knew we wanted to get married here before we were even engaged. It's just so gorgeous, we loved the inn, and the staff acted as excited about our wedding as we were. We told them our plan and they executed it flawlessly, despite some staffing changes and even an ownership change. I couldn't believe that they didn't even let a single detail slip through the cracks. We rented out the whole inn for a couple of days and it was so nice to have my whole family there under one roof. My wedding was exactly as I imagined it. Just a magical place all around.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Molly · Married on 05/22/2014

Incredible wedding venue! These are the real deal in the business & they work with you around EVERY detail to make your special day seamless. The property is gorgeous, the rooms are so peaceful and comfortable, the barn is the quintessential humble, but stunning Vermont wedding setting, the food is delicious, and the whole team at the Round Barn Farm works tirelessly - and with a smile - to create just the wedding couples want.

Sent on 06/20/2014

Rachel · Married on 12/14/2013

Every single person at the Inn at the Round Barn Farm made our weekend the most special it could be. During the planning process they went above and beyond to make our job easy and stress free. They were cheerful and accommodating as well as helpful in suggesting ideas that had worked for other couples. The venue itself is breathtaking beyond compare, as well, but it's the people who make it a truly special place!

Sent on 04/11/2014

Emma · Married on 09/07/2013

We had nothing but an amazing experience working with the Inn at the Round Barn. We relayed our vision of a casually elegant wedding focused on food and dancing, and they provided 100%. Lisa and her team were always quick to provide a recommendation on vendors, and to guide us towards options and arrangements that fit our vision. Every one of our friends and family said our wedding was the most fun (and delicious!) they had ever attended.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Cara · Married on 08/24/2013

I cannot possibly say enough about this venue. It was top notch service from beginning to end. The staff is absolutely amazing and they obviously take great pride in their work. Our wedding was two weeks ago and the phone calls and emails from our guests to compliment us on the beauty of the location and the food provided have not stopped. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change one thing. My husband and I cannot wait to go back for another visit!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Meline · Married on 12/30/2012

Our December 30 reception at the Round Barn was perfect. The setting is gorgeous, and unlike anything else we found. It was also one of very few places that could accommodate the size of our party (150) in the winter. The staff bring all their wedding experience to put on a memorable event with great attention to detail. They coordinated beautifully with all of our vendors and put us at ease going into the event so we wouldn't need to worry about anything. We couldn't be happier with our decision, and highly recommend Round Barn!

Sent on 01/31/2013

Meredith · Married on 06/09/2012

The Round Barn Farm was a dream venue. I could not have pictured a more idyllic location in which to get married. First, the venue itself is just gorgeous. Rolling hills behind beautifully groom lawns, gardens and ponds. And the round barn itself provides most of the decoration you need to make a stunning wedding venue. During the wedding, friends and family kept asking me "How did you find this place? It is so gorgeous, how did you stumble upon this?" It helped that we also had the most beautiful day for the outdoor ceremony.

Additionally, the staff could not be better. They are above and beyond helpful. Things you didn't even know you needed or wanted they provide. The wedding coordinator, Lisa, is exceptionally organized, helpful, responsive, and gives great suggestions when you need help. We rented out the whole Bed and Breakfast for our wedding party, which was great because we spent the days leading up to the wedding together. It was incredibly fun to have everyone in one place getting ready and they celebrating after the wedding. The house staff is also wonderful, providing everything you need day to day, but then also as everyone was getting ready -- water, champagne, food for me since I was anxious and not eating enough.

And the food is excellent -- I keep getting comments about it, and when do you hear that about wedding food! The breakfasts they serve at the Inn are phenomenal, and the food at the wedding is unique, fresh, and delicious.

When I first saw the price for the Round Barn, it was a little more than we had initially wanted to spend (and it is not unreasonable, we were just on a tight budget), but after working with them for a year and now after our wedding, it is worth EVERY penny. If anything they are undervalued. The service, the venue, and the peace of mind you have will be much better than I could imagine at any other place. Your friends and family will talk about this venue long after the wedding is over. At the end of our last song, our friends and family booed because they didn't want the night to be over!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Brendon & · Married on 04/08/2012

If you're looking for a wedding venue, where you can come, relax, and focus on enjoying your day - Round Barn Farm is for you! The staff constantly went above and beyond to ensure our group was having a good time, and that everything we needed was taken care of. I came down with a cold while there, and Stephanie brought me hot tea and breakfast and was constantly checking if i needed more water or anything else she could do for me as we got ready for the wedding day. Lisa and Anne Marie did a great job with helping us plan the weekend. They were always responsive anytime I had a question, whether by phone or e-mail. During the weekend of our wedding, Anne Marie's calm and gentle demeanor helped set the tone for everyone else. And the meals (both at the Inn and the reception). . . we were so spoiled by the outstanding breakfasts I very quickly asked if, on the wedding day, they could bring hors d'oeuvres to the wedding party while we took pictures, I did not want to miss out on the appetizers! My family still talks about Paul's outstanding scones and my grandfather-in-law raved about the Shepard's pie potato skins that Charlie made! From the time we arrived on Friday to the time we left on Monday morning - we truly had an amazing, relaxing wedding weekend.

Sent on 05/04/2012

Katie · Married on 06/07/2008

Every aspect of our wedding weekend was absolutely perfect. I cannot say enough good things about the Inn and staff! My friends and family are still raving about the Barn and what a great time they had on our special day!

Sent on 09/11/2008

The Round Barn Farm was the most perfect venue I could have imagined. When we visited, we fell in love with the gorgeous Vermont setting, charm of the RBF, and hospitality of the staff. From the beginning of planning through the wedding weekend, the staff and wedding coordinator (Lisa) at the RBF were on top of every detail. They were flexible in making the wedding personal to us as a couple and seamlessly implemented the ideas we had for our weekend. Prior to the wedding weekend we had a "hand-off" meeting where the staff took over everything for the weekend so that we and our families could truly relax and enjoy it. We gave them boxes of decorations with no instructions and they made it all look amazing. Lisa thought of everything and made sure that everything went smoothly while remaining cool as a cucumber under pressure. The staff was so warm and fun that they kept us completely calm and having a ball the whole time. Stephanie, the Inn Keeper, was also amazing and kept all of our guests happy throughout the weekend. Service was impeccable, and the food was amazing. The barn itself is incredible - such a beautiful setting and magical with the lights at night. The whole event was gorgeous and guests have been raving about it ever since, with many calling it the best wedding they've ever been to. We are so grateful to the staff for all of their love and warmth in making it happen.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Traci · Married on 06/02/2018

We just held our wedding here in June. I cannot say enough good things about the venue, and our coordinator Becky! The location is gorgeous and our guests said it was so comfortable and casual, which was exactly what we wanted.
    Becky did a wonderful job coordinating with our other vendors and even called them the week ahead to confirm and communicate the plan.
    The food was wonderful (chicken and filet), and our vegetarian guests loved the spicy tofu that the chef created. For the cocktail hour, the chef was kind enough to create a special plate of appetizers for a friend who had several dietary restrictions.
    We reserved the majority of the Inn - the staff was so helpful and the breakfast was wonderful.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Emily · Married on 06/20/2009

The Round Barn and their staff are just fantastic! Vermont in June can either still be cool or getting warm. The innkeeper the first morning we were there asked my guests how they slept. A couple mentioned that they were a little warm. Not more then 10 minutes later their rooms had ACs in them! Their event staff is profession yet welcoming.

Sent on 07/07/2009

3.5

My wedding at the Round Barn truly was my dream wedding. The venue its self is absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing. The Round Barn supplies the food (which is amazing!), the bar service, rentals as well as day of coordination. These services and the quality of their staff made my wedding planning and wedding day so much easier for me. They have beautiful options for both outdoor and indoor weddings which was great for me when it rained on my wedding day. Any bride would be lucky to have their wedding here.

Sent on 10/12/2014