Inn at Mystic Reviews

22 | Mystic, CT

22 Reviews for Inn at Mystic

22 Inn at Mystic Reviews

Marie · Married on 09/01/2018

From planning to execution, our experience with the Inn at Mystic was 100% stress-free and exceeded every expectation. Our on-site coordinator, Malana, is the most organized and proactive person I have ever met. She did a fabulous job, both on the day of our wedding and during the year leading up to the big day, to make sure that every detail was taken care of, every question answered, and every worry nipped in the bud. The venue itself – the inn, the mansion, the grounds, and the Harbor House bar – is beautiful and was the perfect backdrop for our whimsical New England wedding. The mansion grounds especially, from the ceremony site to the gorgeous rocky terrain, provided amazing settings for our wedding pictures. The food was absolutely exquisite, from cocktail hour appetizers to reception dishes, and the venue provides a wide variety of options to choose from. Every server, bar attendant, and grounds crew member was polite and seemed to genuinely enjoy being a part of the team. There was not one detail about the venue or the wonderful team at the Inn at Mystic that we would change.

Danielle · Married on 07/28/2018

I don't even know where to begin, this venue was everything we wanted and more! This was the first place we looked at when searching for a wedding venue, and after looking into several more, we knew the Haley Mansion was the one for us! The Mansion itself has that vintage yet elegant vibe that we were going for. The outside ceremony and tented reception area allowed us to have that comfortable summer wedding feel ! It's obvious to notice the beauty of this property when you drive up and look at the large white building overlooking the mystic water. However, it wasn't until we booked the venue and started working with the staff at the inn at mystic, that we realized the level of service they provide is impeccable. Our wedding coordinator was Mary Brasile, and I cant say enough positive compliments about her. She made sure that everything went smoothly from the months before of planning and bringing wedding decor to the mansion, to the big day! She was by my side the whole way and made me the most comfortable, relaxed bride! Throughout the wedding, she checked in with my husband and I, after sunset pictures she had our meal brought out to us and it was hot and delicious! All of my guests were blown away by the level of service from the staff at the Haley Mansion. I cant thank them enough for everything they did to make my wedding so amazing. If you are considering the Haley Mansion for your wedding, know that you will be in great hands with Mary and her staff! I am so pleased. Thank you again!

Kelly · Married on 06/02/2018

Our wedding at the Haley Mansion – Inn at Mystic was the best experience. We originally had a wedding coordinator that left about 6 months before our wedding, therefore Malana and Mary took over as our coordinators and they were OUTSTANDING. Any questions I had were immediately answered, and they were on top of every single detail. We felt so comfortable going into our wedding weekend knowing they were handling everything. The food was great, the venue is beautiful, and the staff is excellent. Malana and Mary were there during the big day for everything, including a very last-minute ceremony site change due to weather, which they went above and beyond to be flexible and make everything perfect. They took care of every detail, attended to myself, my husband and even our bridal party so much more than I would have ever expected. They truly make you feel like family and we could not be more grateful to them. We also did our rehearsal dinner at the Harbour House and we are so glad we did. From the planning, down to the event itself, everything went off without a hitch. The staff is so welcoming and helpful. Overall this venue is amazing and we highly recommend it!

Michelle · Married on 09/30/2017

We just had our wedding at the Inn, and it was the most magical day. Although it rained, the team was incredible and they created the most beautiful indoor ceremony. Malana is absolutely amazing, and everyone there is attentive and wonderful. We can not say enough good things about them!! They truly made our dreams come true.

Hillary · Married on 03/25/2017

We had our wedding reception here, along with an informal rehearsal dinner, and we cannot say enough good things about the venue and its phenomenal location and views, the management and entire staff, the attention to detail, the great food and drink, and the reasonableness of the event pricing. The coordinator, Malana, did a truly exceptional job planning and managing our whole event, and we feel as though we got the wedding of our dreams for a very, very reasonable price, as well as for minimal effort on our part. We felt like a king and queen while staying at the Haley Mansion with Malana and the whole staff anticipating our every need, bending over backwards to put on a flawless event, and going out of their way to make every guest feel well cared for. Guests were thrilled at every detail, praising the food and the service, as well as the comfort of the space. In addition to having our reception and rehearsal, we also stayed at the mansion for four nights, and we loved every minute. We plan to stay there on future trips home, for sure. We simply cannot say enough about how helpful and professional Malana and her team were, and how much we would recommend holding any kind of event, or just spending time, at the Haley Mansion/Inn at Mystic/Harbor House. We are blessed to have had such a great wedding with them that we'll remember fondly forever.

Alyssa and Adam · Married on 11/12/2016

We had our November 12th 2016 wedding at the Inn at Mystic. Our wedding coordinator Malana was great with communication towards the date of our wedding and very present the day of- very organized! The reception set up was beautiful- the staff did an excellent job with guest needs and flow of the reception. The food was amazing and all my guests were very impressed. I highly recommend use of this venue for your wedding!

Michael · Married on 09/03/2016

I am writing this review exactly 1 year after my daughter's fabulous wedding at the Inn at Mystic. Why write a review on the 1 year anniversary of the wedding? For one, I feel a bit guilty for not posting a review right after the event. Like many parents of a bride, we were still floating for weeks after the wedding. We experienced so much joy and were so thrilled with the event and the pairing of our daughter and son-in-law that it was hard to put our experience into words. Ratings the event using stars seemed to diminish the significance of the event.

Now, 1 year later, i feel more able to write this review.

My wife and I, our daughter and son-in-law, and Zach's parents could not have been more pleased with the wedding and could not have been more appreciative of the efforts made by Malania and all at Inn at Mystic and Haley Mansion to insure that the wedding was fabulous.

My daughter Annie wanted a comfortable wedding, and by that she meant she wanted to be comfortable, she wanted Zach to be comfortable and she wanted all her guests to be comfortable. Annie wanted her guests to have fun, be well fed, engaged, safe and taken care of. The Inn at Mystic provided that opportunity - the pre-wedding preparations, the ceremony, the reception, photos and the after party and, (for most guests) the accommodations were all on site, literally steps away. And indeed, Malania and the staff at the Inn at Mystic staff made sure the events flowed seamlessly - and everyone was well taken-care and well fed.

Annie chose to have a late afternoon ceremony, followed by a cocktail hour, then dinner and daincing. She choose a relatively simple menu with lots of choices (reflecting the comfort theme.) We heard lots of complements from our guests about the food and drinks, the beauty of the Mansion and the views of Mystic harbour (expecially as the sun went down) and the attentiveness of the staff. And we had a fabulous time conecting with guests and dancing in the gazebo!

• Kelly Aaron

Kelly Aaron · Married on 07/23/2016

We highly recommend the Inn at Mystic for your wedding event. We had the best experience with staff, especially the wedding coordinator, Malana. She was organized, experienced, and truly pleasant! Always making sure our needs and views were considered and listened to. With the majority of our guests traveling from out of town, it was the perfect place to hold our event! We blocked rooms on the property, and guests could stay right on site. Many enjoyed visiting the town of Mystic and made a week-end getaway out of it! The property had recently been bought and renovated. The site was beautiful! We were just thrilled with the work and talent. The day was absolutely as we envisioned thanks to all of there preparation, knowledge, and experience that the staff here has. We felt at ease the entire process!! Thank you so very much for all your professionalism! We had a wonderful ceremony and reception, and we had many compliments on the evening, with guests saying it was the best wedding they had every attended!! Thanks again to all at the Inn at Mystic!

Sari · Married on 06/11/2016

We got married on 6/11/16! Our wedding day could not have been more perfect!!!! Tiffany was the best wedding planner we could have ever asked for!!!! She was organized and planned the most amazing day for us and our 200 wedding guests! The day could not have run more smoothly! From the ceremony (in the tent) which was absolutely gorgeous, to the amazing decor setup, cocktail hour, and delicious food our wedding day was absolutely magical and I thank Tiffany for all of her hard work and planning in making sure everything was perfect! Cindy and Ian were also extremely helpful throughout our day and we can't thank you enough! You will not go wrong with the Inn at Mystic! Our guests were raving the whole day about the venue and how smooth everything went to make our wedding day feel like a fairy tale! Thank you Tiffany and all of the Inn at Mystic staff! We are forever grateful :)

This venue is absolutely beautiful, and the staff is phenomenal. My husband and I visited A LOT of different venues, and when we visited the Haley Mansion, it instantly clicked. We were so pleased with the entire process, and we got so many compliments from friends and family about how wonderful everything was. We selected this venue because it didn't have that 'wedding factory' feel to it- it felt personal and authentic. There was space to move around (inside the mansion, on the property, in the tent), privacy (Haley Mansion is up on the hill, a bit removed from the Harbor House and inn rooms), and gorgeous views of the seaport. It was also so nice having a room right in the mansion following the reception! Working with Malana was a joy- she was so flexible and accommodating at every step.

Sarah · Married on 09/11/2015

The Haley Mansion at the Inn at Mystic is a gem! We were looking for a venue where we could have the ceremony and reception all in one spot and after our visit, we were sold. They have a beautiful outdoor area for your ceremony and also an indoor plan if the weather doesn't act accordingly (which is key because you never know!). The reception area is completely tented in a gorgeous white tent with chandeliers, and as long as the weather cooperates, all the sides can stay up. From start to finish I cannot say enough good things about Malana, Tiffany and the entire staff. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and went off without a hitch. The food was just as amazing, if not even better, than our tasting. They were able to accommodate all of our needs and really make our vision come alive. I was slightly OCD in the way I envisioned everything being set up, and getting ready at the Mansion which is attached to the tent where the reception area is, was perfect. I was able to go out into the tent and see everything come to life. The staff always made sure we were being taken care of and we even had someone attend to just us to ensure that we had ate and always had a drink in our hand. Our guests raved about the location, food, service and overall great atmosphere at the inn. The gazebo, which is the dance floor, overlooks the water and the whole reception/ceremony area is tucked away up on the hill so it is completely private. You are the only wedding there and that was key for us. Also, they have a restaurant/bar right on the property so once the reception ended, we were able to easily move the party right to the bar and we all stayed till last call.

I believe this was the first full year of the Inn being under new ownership, and I can only imagine what they will be able to accomplish in the future. Everything was top notch and I would highly recommend them for your wedding!

Carolyn · Married on 09/06/2015

I got engaged while living abroad in Liberia, so I dispatched my sister to scout wedding venues for me. I had always wanted to be married at the Haley Mansion at the Inn at Mystic, which is located five miles from my childhood home. My sister solidified my choice when she reported back that Tiffany, the coordinator, was amazing; that the place was being renovated and would be even more gorgeous by the time of the big day; and that it seemed like the staff would really make sure our day was special - in other words, that they were going to invest in us as much as we were investing in them.

I'm happy to say this assessment was 110% accurate! Tiffany and her colleague, Malana, were wonderful and accommodated our every wish, answered our every question, and helped in any way they could. They let us allow our guests to choose not only their entrees but also their appetizers, they added a cot to a mansion room so a friend who traveled all the way from Liberia could stay with my maid of honor, they let us add decor wherever we wanted...they were just excellent to work with. The food was also AMAZING and the staff were friendly and gracious. Our guests gave many compliments on both fronts.

Finally, as compared to other venues in the area, you get a LOT for your money here. The cost I listed includes Chaviari chair rentals, ceremony fee (we had it on the grounds), mansion rental (five rooms for us and some guests), all gratuity and taxes, and an extra hour of open bar for our 102 guests. Oh, and with the Inn and the Harbour House Restaurant with a bar on site, you can move the party to the bar easily at 10 PM, when the music must be turned off at the mansion due to local noise laws (just make sure you talk to the bar first to ask them to stay open for you, because they might close before 10 if they have a slow night).

Love and luck,
    Carolyn Ziv

P.S.: For photos of the venue see http://noeyehasseen.com/blog/carolyn-yanivs-inn-at-mystic-wedding/

Paige · Married on 08/22/2015

Malana, Tiffany and the entire staff made our wedding day run so smoothly! I didn't have to worry about a thing. From directing the wedding party to helping me put my jewelry on Malana was always there to help without being obtrusive. People are still talking about the wedding!

Emily · Married on 07/25/2015

We stopped by the Inn at Mystic without an appointment. Tiffany and Ian were setting up for an event at the Haley Mansion and took time to show us around, talk to us about the venue and the wedding packages they provided. From that moment, we knew the Inn at Mystic was the perfect place for us to have our wedding ceremony and reception. We had the most amazing day. The staff at the Inn at Mystic made us and our family feel comfortable from the start and it was a bittersweet end to the night as we felt we became very close to the staff there- we spent a full year planning with Tiffany and she became such an important part of our lives! Friends and family continue to say that the food was the best wedding food they'd ever had and the grounds and Mansion were absolutely perfect. We couldn't say enough about our day, the venue, and the staff at the Inn at Mystic.

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2015

When we got engaged late July 2014 we were quickly set on looking for venues. We shopped around and stumbled upon The Inn at Mystic Haley Mansion. We called to set up an appointment, with Tiffany, and to speak prices, etc. We were quickly surprised when she called back right away and fit us in just a few days from when we had spoken.

Upon arriving the Haley Mansion took my breath away. Even though it was going under many renovations, I could see that this would be the perfect place to get married! Tiffany welcomed us with open arms and was very honest through the whole process. We fell in love with her, the mansion, the landscaping, and the views! You can see all of Mystic from up there- talk about taking your breath away! We loved how the ceremony would be on the green, followed by cocktail hour on the porch, dinner and dancing in the reception hall under the gorgeous tent, and the after party at Harbour House!

When we sat down with Tiffany to go over specifics she was absolutely wonderful! She helped us the whole step of the way and that day we ended up putting the full deposit down to secure our date. Now, my father is a business man and can be very upfront, and Tiffany catered to him with 100% grace, respect, and assurance that his little girls day would be the best day :)

As the wedding got closer Tiffany kept us up to date on meal selections, rooms for our guests, and simply checking in to make sure we were all set for the big day. She arranged for us to try our food for the wedding, we were allowed to bring two guests, and Harbor House gave us complimentary drinks during the process - it was fun, relaxing, and enjoyable!

When the big day arrived Tiffany and Malana helped me with EVERYTHING. Whether it was speaking to vendors, helping me with my dress, bringing us appetizers, getting more champagne from the bar - they were there!

Our wedding day and night will be something we will never forget! Big thanks to Tiffany - You're truly amazing!

Caitlin · Married on 06/13/2015

I do not know where to start with Tiffany and the Inn at Mystic staff. I got engaged in May of 2014 and the one thing I knew was that I wanted to be married down in the Mystic and Stonington area. I spent all my summers down there and it just holds a very special place in my heart. Thank goodness my fiance was on board for this.

We went down and walked to area with Tiffany in the middle of the renovations they were doing and I could see their vision and knew this was the venue. Especially when I stood on the rocks overlooking the water and could see how amazing pictures from there would look. From that moment on Tiffany was the most amazing wedding coordinator EVER!!!! She answered all my questions and fears. She understood my vision and made it happen. On the day of the wedding she was amazing, taking care of everything so I didn't worry, like the cake people being late, my brother showing up 15 mins before the start, or you know being 8 months pregnant and having contractions in the middle of the event but not letting me know! (Though I would have told her to go home and rest!!) We had a few hiccups but she took care of it all! Like we were having a kids party in 4 of the hotel rooms and we had bought drinks and snacks and left them at the house by mistake. What does Tiffany do... runs out to Big Y and buys a bunch of stuff for the kids. Really?!?! What other coordinator would do that!!

I can not say enough. The venue itself is just amazing with all the upgrades they have done. The staff is just AMAZING!!!! Our waitress for our table made sure I always had a drink, even though I never finished it and made everything easier for me and my husband.

All of my guests raved about the place and service. Thank you soo much Tiffany and Inn at Mystic Staff ,, you made my wedding dreams come true.

Katie · Married on 08/17/2013

We absolutely loved getting married here!!! We looked at many venues in the Newport and Mystic areas, but most seemed like wedding factories that gave little value for the money and allowed little personalization. But once we met with Tiffany at the Inn at Mystic, we knew that we had found the perfect place. First, we immediately fell in love with the unmatched beauty-- stunning water views, hilltop gardens, and natural rock outcrops, plus the gorgeous historic mansion-- and complete privacy of the setting. Second, we were impressed with the value for the money that the Inn at Mystic offered. And third, everything was customizable to our vision of the perfect wedding! We worked closely with Tiffany throughout the planning process, and she was completely flexible, patient, and professional in accommodating our personalized wedding plans. The wedding day itself went extremely smoothly and we had an absolute blast celebrating our big day with family and friends!

My wedding at the Inn at Mystic couldn't have been more perfect. It was budget-friendly, simple, elegant and the whole event ran so smoothly thanks to the amazing team of staff and our fabulous wedding coordinators. We still have people who tell us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to!

Andrea · Married on 06/06/2015

The staff at Inn at Mystic is very professional and fun! They made planning and prepping for our wedding day very pleasant. Tiffany Toscano made sure all was in order for the 2 days we were at the Inn. Not only is the staff great, but the food is wonderful. The Chef at the Harbour House restaurant, which is part of the inn, serves really delicious meals and even with a 125 person wedding not one detail was missed. They even accommodated a last minute gluten free request.

We had so much fun on our wedding day. The venue is beautiful for both ceremony and an outdoor reception. Our guests and wedding party also loved being able to reconvene at the Harbour House restaurant after the reception.

Karen · Married on 10/14/2017

3.5

OMG - I was not the one to pick this place out, it was actually my mother who had a business gathering there. She TOLD ME that "THAT's WHERE YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED"....lol I had never seen the place before until she showed me. Oh MY!! It was worth it - bigtime! The staff was so responsive the day of, the tasting was great, the whole experience was fabulous. Thank you to Melana....she made our day the best it could be. She knew where I wanted everything, and how it was to be handled. She was attentive all night long, to us and my family.
    I have no regrets about booking this place. Everyone enjoyed themselves and it went off without a "hitch".... :)

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

Venue is beautiful.
    Event planner was not responsive in emails but able to reach by phone.
    Room was a good price as well.