Inn at Harbor Shores Reviews

Inn at Harbor Shores 5
Inn at Harbor Shores 6
Inn at Harbor Shores 7

Brooke · Married on 09/08/2018

We got married here in September 2018. Everything about it was PERFECT. From Elizabeth the cordinator all the way to the staff that sets up the tables- everyone was great. I asked a million questions and Elizabeth would answer my emails even on her personal vacations. The venue was beautiful and I can’t imagine getting married anywhere else.

Inn at Harbor Shores's reply:

Thank you for your kind review Brooke! We really enjoyed having you and your groom here with us as well. I really love what I do here!

Corina · Married on 06/09/2018

Had my wedding there this summer. Beautiful place, helpful staff. Elizabeth made everything easy. The food was delicious. At the end of the night we could just go back to our room, didn’t even have to leave and I didn't have to worry about my out of town guests trying to find a place to stay after the reception at the end of the night in a strange town. The Inn is a gorgeous place, nice neutral décor so you can make things your own. I loved that they had a room for us to get ready in on the same floor as the ballroom. If you want your wedding to be truly magical, this is the place to go.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Inn at Harbor Shores's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day! We love being in the business of making memories!

Kimber · Married on 03/31/2018

Beautiful and romantic space for our reception. Everything is new, clean, and classic. ElizaBeth and the entire staff were fantastic and went above and beyond to make our day special. We could not have asked for a better place to get married!

Inn at Harbor Shores 8

Hi Kimber,

Thank you so much for the kind words and I'm so glad we could help you enjoy your special day!

Laurie · Married on 03/03/2018

Elizabeth and her team made our Wedding and Reception exactly what we hoped for. We are grateful for their professionalism and kindness that made this day perfect. Everything looked gorgeous, the 'Breads and Spreads' appetizer was a huge hit, along with the Champagne Toast and cupcakes. We received such wonderful compliments from every one who attended! Thank you very much!!!

Sent on 04/19/2018
    Inn at Harbor Shores 9
    Inn at Harbor Shores 10
    Inn at Harbor Shores 11

Brittney · Married on 12/30/2017

Wedding ~ December 30, 2017
    The Inn at Harbor Shores was P.E.R.F.E.C.T. Shout outs to: Elizabeth (you are the best) thank you for all your help and expertise and Rachel..OMG, this girl nailed it. Anything we asked for she got it done!!
    We had both the wedding and reception in the Ballroom (235 people), and the Inn's Ballroom was able to accommodate~ with room to spear. We especially liked that we were able to have everything in one place, with plenty of rooms for guests to book. I might also add, the rooms are very cozy with a view of the harbor.
    Lastly, our food was both delish and plentiful. I would definitely recommend the Inn at Harbor Shores for events!!

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Inn at Harbor Shores 12
    Inn at Harbor Shores 13
    Inn at Harbor Shores 14

Michael · Married on 05/19/2018

Deciding to host our wedding (both the ceremony and the reception itself) at the Inn at Harbor Shores was one of the best decisions my wife and I made when planning our big day. My wife and I decided that we wanted to have our wedding back in Michigan, despite having moved out-of-state for work. Planning a wedding from a distance can be incredibly difficult at times, but the staff, and Elizabeth and Chef Elton particularly, were very thoughtful and worked hard to help us organize and plan for the big day.

In hospitality and planning, we could not have asked for a better location and service. My wife and I were searching for locations in Southwest Michigan when we happened by chance onto the Inn at Harbor Shores. From our first meeting with them, we were ingratiated by their hospitality. I will say again that planning a wedding from a different state is extremely difficult without help. Elizabeth and the staff at the Inn were wonderful in trying to work with us during our limited windows being back in Michigan to work on planning, and made sure that we felt as comfortable as possible leading up to the big day. Elizabeth was incredibly patient with us, which was great as we got closer to our wedding date and our stress levels and anxiety started to skyrocket. The day of the wedding, Elizabeth made sure to keep everything on track, and went well beyond anything we would have expected or asked of her and her staff to help set up and keep things moving smoothly throughout the course of the day (including being just behind my wife while she walked to the aisle to make sure her dress didn't drag too much). We didn't ask for such incredible service, nor did we really expect just how far beyond our expectations the Inn would go. We could not have asked for better help though.

Now food. One word: Phenomenal. Absolutely Phenomenal. No joke. It was the best food I've had, wedding or otherwise. I will go back to the Inn just for the food.

Inn at Harbor Shores 15
    Inn at Harbor Shores 16

Michael,

Thank you so much for your review! We really enjoyed you and your bride being here for your wedding as well. Please do come back for the food! Lucky for you, we have our restaurant right downstairs with the same chef!

Lara · Married on 07/28/2018

We had our wedding reception this past July at The Inn at Harbor Shores and had a great experience. Elizabeth was very helpful throughout the entire (year long) planning process and very nice to work with. She really does go above and beyond for her couples, and that's very obvious from day 1. For our modern, simple decor plan, the ballroom worked very well. The hotel is definitely the nicest one in the St. Joseph area that could accommodate the 200-ish guests that we had (indoors especially), and was perfect for that purpose. Our guests still talk about how good the food was, which of course is nice to hear! The many truly incredible vendors in this area that we hired worked perfectly with Elizabeth, especially because most of them had worked at The Inn in the past for weddings. St. Joseph is a perfect place to get married, and there are so many incredible vendors in the area to choose from...when it comes to a reception hall for a crowd, The Inn should be one of the first ones considered, especially thanks to Elizabeth's expertise!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Inn at Harbor Shores's reply:

Thank you Lara! Your wedding guests were absolutely wonderful to have here at the Inn, and we are so happy we could help be a part of your special day!

Madison · Married on 06/16/2017

The Inn at Harbor Shores was the perfect location for our reception. We enjoyed having the option to wander out onto the balcony after dinner for the sunset, as well as making the dance floor the center of our reception room. The staff was willing to work with us to make our night perfect, and Elizabeth made sure we had everything we needed the whole night. A wedding at Harbor Shores is top of the line, so the price might seem high, but the quality and service are worth it. We wouldn't have changed a thing about our night or the memories made at Harbor Shores.

Sent on 11/18/2017
    Inn at Harbor Shores 17

Inn at Harbor Shores's reply:

Thank you for your review! We enjoyed having you and your guests with us for your special day. If you have any other sisters send them our way :)
  • Raffeal

Raffeal · Married on 08/05/2017

2.2
      2.5
      1.0
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

While planning my wedding the management change and my contact had to be changed. My invoice reflected additional incorrect chargers that were later removed after emailing back and fourth. Make sure everything discussed is in writing. During my outside wedding ceremony the hotel had live music that made it hard for the guest in the back to hear.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Inn at Harbor Shores's reply:

Thank you for choosing the Inn as part of your special day! We loved having you and your guests with us, and were happy to change the wedding date to something that was more suitable to you and your guests. It's unfortunate that there are sometimes unavoidable charges that result from your guests. However, we do have to adhere to strict liquor laws and guests bringing in their own liquor is something we cannot tolerate which is why we have the policy of charging the hosts for any outside liquor that is found during their wedding. I'm glad we were able to come to an agreeable amount and that you had a wonderful evening with us!