Il Villaggio Reviews

Il Villaggio 4
Il Villaggio 5
Il Villaggio 6
Il Villaggio 7

My wife and I were looking for a simple wedding but then we decided to stop at Il Villaggio. Patrick, the sales manager and 'jack of all trades' sat with us and showed us everything Il Villaggio had to offer. The price is very reasonable for what you get and not a lot more than a cheap-ish place. However, with the slightly more expensive venue, comes unbelievable service, professionalism, and a perfect event. Every word Patrick tells you is true, he does not exaggerate to sell his product because there is no need to. He was mixing drinks for my groomsmen and myself before the wedding ceremony, which took place at Il Villaggio and performed by Patrick as well. Every table will have a dedicated server and none of your guests will feel neglected and in fact, most will compliment you on choosing such a wonderful venue with such great service (which is what Patrick said they would do). At the end of the day, Patrick and his crew packed up all of our stuff, he went out and got my car and drove it up for my wife and I (did I not say 'jack of all trades') and wished us well. We could not have been happier with our wedding and I would recommend this venue for any kind of party or social gathering.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Courtney · Married on 10/19/2013

John Yessis was a major reason that we chose this venue. Then when we tasted the food we were hooked! John is amazing, the wait staff were amazing, the bridal attendants were on top of everything! My guests were all happy. I honestly wish that I could have my wedding at Il Villaggio on a yearly basis!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Kristen · Married on 10/18/2013

Il Villaggio was perfect! People are still complimenting our wedding and how smoothly everything ran. John made the process easy from start to finish and was there for us whenever and for whatever we needed. The venue is beautiful, but it is definitely the service provided that makes this place stellar and stand above the rest.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Tom · Married on 10/13/2013

This catering hall is by far one of the best places in the Tri-State area. From the moment you walk in the door you are not treated like a customer but like family. We ran into this venue by accident and asked for an appointment day of. The catering hall manager, Patrick, was very accommodating and saw us within our time frame. He didn't rush us, nor did he try to upcharge for everything. His all in price was cheaper than half the places we went to look at. Once we booked, any questions we had he answered immediately. Every time we made a payment he again treated us like family. The day of our wedding was amazing. Everyone raved about the food, the service and the overall vibe. Leo, the Matre'd and Nadia, the Bridal Attendant, were professional and very attentive. This is a must see place!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Joanna · Married on 10/12/2013

We got married at IL Villaggio on October 12th, 2013. We had worked with Patrick and felt extremely confident in him! He had such great suggestions and ideas to make our wedding even more personal. The day of was absolutely amazing... Patrick and his staff were truly the best in making the night perfect. The bridal attendant never left my glass half empty and was there for me the entire night. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the lighting is incredible. I actually ate at my own wedding(which many brides say they never get a chance to) so I can say for myself and my guests that the food was the best wedding food I have ever had... I'm polish, and the fact that the pierogies were freshly hand made the day before impressed both me and all of my polish guests. I would highly recommend this venue, we never felt any pressure from Patrick and his staff during the booking end of it, which is a huge factor. We visited a few other venues before choosing IL Villaggio, and we didn't choose some of them because of the pressure we felt to book.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Jon · Married on 10/04/2013

My wife and I got married at Il Villaggio on Oct 4th. It was by far the best venue by our choice as well as by many of our guests after the wedding. Patrick was by far one of my wives deciding factors about Il Villaggio. He was so easy to work with, whatever we needed or wanted he gave or helped us with. The food was out of this world, from cocktail hour straight through the Viennese hour. Nadia, our Maitre'd, was there all night whenever my wife or I needed her. She was extremely helpful to my wife pre, during and post the wedding. Our guests are still raving to us about our wedding and how everything was perfect at Il Villaggio!!! Thank you Patrick and Nadia for an outstanding wedding!!!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Paul · Married on 09/22/2013

IL Villaggio is an absolutely amazing place to host your wedding. Many of our guests said they've never been to a wedding so extravagant. The food was very good, along with a staff that provides you with high quality service. We dealt with Patrick, who was very helpful throughtout the whole process. He explained everything to us very clearly and took all of our suggestions into consideration. If you want the most out of your money this is the place you'll get it. IL Villaggio is reasonably priced for all the service they will provide you. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Dominika · Married on 09/21/2013

The venue was incredible. The food was great, everyone is very friendly and professional. I couldn't be more happy with this venue. I would absolutely recommend this venue to all my friends and family.

Sent on 10/27/2013

My wedding was a dream come true! , john messis, i can not stop thanking him! I had so many compliments and the food was just amazing. I tell everyone , i wish i can re live the day, everything in the venue was perfect, from the service, the ceremony room and the cocktail room was just perfect! Thank you again John! Love always, Jose and Marilyn

Sent on 09/18/2013

Cindy · Married on 09/14/2013

If we could do it again, We would pick the same exact venue. This place is awesome!!!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Tina · Married on 09/06/2013

We were the winners of the KTU “Dream Wedding Giveaway” in 2012. Our wedding was 9-6-2013 and we are left in complete amazement. "Hands down one of the BEST weddings I've ever been to" was the most frequent comment we got from our guests. The food was out of this world, the service; impeccable; the attention to detail and to every table was amazing. Some of my guests arrived early and they graciously opened the cocktail hour, which I never heard of any venue doing, thank you very much.
    Patrick and the Il Villaggio helped make our dream wedding a reality. The entire staff was professional & courteous & eager to please. I am beyond grateful to Patrick & the group, I could not have asked for a better group of professionals to work with.
    When you book- you DEFINITELY want the Viennese Hour, it completely blew us and our guests away. We also upgraded the seafood bar at cocktail hour and it was beyond words. They absolutely loved it. Not to mention, it adds an hour to your reception. We can't wait to watch our video so we can re-live it!!
    Patrick assured us that this wedding will be no different than any other, and it that and beyond. It was OUTSTANDING. I have been in many weddings and attended many weddings and we couldn’t be happier than we were on our wedding day, not to mention how every one of our guests are still ranting and raving. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much to the entire staff of the Il’Villaggio!

The food, service and ambiance at Il Villaggio are beyond 5 stars! We highly recommend IL Villaggio to newly engaged couples who haven't decided on a venue yet--you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Kristin · Married on 08/25/2013

"Hands down one of the BEST weddings I've ever been to" is the most frequent comment we get from our guests. The food was out of this world, the service; impeccable. Patrick and Il Villaggio helped make my dream wedding a reality. The entire staff is professional & courteous & eager to please. Alex our maitre'd was on point with everything & made the night flow smoothly. Nadia, my bridal attendant, was fantastic!! She thought of everything I could have possibly needed before I even thought of it. Il Villaggio made it possible for us to enjoy every moment of our wedding by taking care of everything so thoroughly. I am beyond grateful to Patrick & the group, I could not have asked for a better group of professionals to work with.

Sent on 09/19/2013

We cannot thank Patrick, Alex and the entire staff enough for making our wedding night exceptional. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were so beautiful and so organized.

The place itself is gorgeous with high ceiling and beautiful chandeliers , LED lighting and many choices of linens to pick to match the theme for your wedding. No matter what linen colors you pick it will turn out to be beautiful because the ballroom is simply beautiful.

We had a special ceremony and needed to set it up and Patrick was nice enough to arrange for us to work on that from the night before the wedding. The cocktail hour was filled with so many tasty choices (which Patrick helped us pick out). The main course menu was also amazing. As the bride and groom, we got the trio plate which had all the options that the guests could pick and every single one of them was delicious.

Many of our friends who have gotten married recently told us to be ready for the things that will go wrong and be ready to not eat for a whole day since that had been what they went through. This was so the opposite of our experience. Everything was so organized and the staff worked very well together and as a result the night went by very smoothly. We even had plenty of time to ourselves to relax, eat, and more importantly enjoy our special day.

We have gone to many weddings in the past few years and all the services provided by Il Villaggio was so much better than any other venue we have been to. Many of our guests have also mentioned that this has been the best wedding they have been into by far.

If you don't want to worry about every little thing that could go on wrong on the wedding day and have a wedding that your guests as well as yourself enjoy and remember for the rest of your life then Il Villaggio is the way to go.

We would like thank Patrick again for making our wedding a night to remember.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Veronica · Married on 08/16/2013

My husband and I had our wedding on at IL Villaggio on Friday, August 16th. Before we started looking, we decided we wanted a venue who would have only one event at a time. IL Villaggio offers a huge room with high ceilings and a big dance floor and has only one event at a time. We worked with John throughout the entire planning process and he was very helpful and flexible. The food was absolutely delicious. The service between the wait staff, the bridal attendant, and the maître d' were wonderful and were all very attentive (The bridal attendant basically did everything for me, even helping my bridesmaids bustle my dress.) My guests were raving about the food, the service, and even how beautiful the room looked. I highly recommend IL Villaggio to newly engaged couples who haven't decided on a venue yet--you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/27/2013

I thought that Il Villaggio had the best wedding food I have ever tasted.

The staff was super professional, and caring.

Moreover, the venue was gorgeous, with the high ceilings creating an effortless elegance that made my special day even more special. Absolutely loved it!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Cynthia · Married on 08/09/2013

IL Villaggio's staff provided our wedding party and guest with an excellent experience! What a wonderful place to be a bride. Royalty service for all. My guest can't stop talking about how beautiful each room was and how delicious the food is. Lastly, very professional from beginning to end. Don't need a wedding planner for this place. They are on point!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Alicia · Married on 08/03/2013

Il Villaggio was absolutely wonderful!!!! Everyone was impressed with the beauty, the food and the service. Patrick and his team made us and our guests feel very welcome. Some of my guests arrived early and they graciously opened the cocktail hour early. The cocktail hour was just wonderful. So many delicious items. The mozzarella station was excellent...people are still talking about it!
    The reception went so smoothly. Many of my guests raved about the attention and service they received during the reception. To end a wonderful evening everyone enjoyed a excellent Viennese hour with tons of cakes, pastries, gelato, coffee liqueurs and candies.
    I could not have imagined the showers of compliments that were have gotten. Many people telling me that this was the best wedding they have ever been to!
    Il Villaggio made my wedding exceptional and I would like to thank them from the bottom of my heart for everything!

I HIGHLY recommend Il Villaggio for your wedding or next event!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Rosemarie · Married on 08/03/2013

My daughters wedding couldn't have been more spectacular. Thank you to Patrick, John and the entire staff for your unending attention to detail and our needs on this very special occasion. You all went out of your way to ensure our satisfaction and happiness. The food, service and ambiance at Il Villaggio are beyond 5 stars! I couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Heather · Married on 07/27/2013

I can't say enough good things about Il Villaggio. The whole day and night completely exceeded our expectations from the moment the bridal party was greeted with smiles at the door first thing in the morning. The entire staff is exceptionally professional and courteous. Patrick, Nadia, and Alex made sure that every moment ran smoothly and checked on us all day and night to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were completely enjoying ourselves. They are such pro's and I can't fully explain how amazingly fantastic they made our wedding day. Our guests raved over the food, the beauty of the place, and the exceptional service they received. Several guests made comments about how it was the best wedding they had ever been to and that they had never been to a venue that compared to Il Villaggio. We are beyond thrilled that we chose to have our wedding there and would not have changed a single thing. We were made to feel like royalty from start to finish. You cannot go wrong booking your wedding here. Meet with Patrick for a tour of the place and you will see why Il Villaggio is THE place to have a wedding in North Jersey.
    (When you book- you DEFINITELY want the Viennese Hour, it completely blew us and our guests away. They absolutely loved it. Not to mention, it adds an hour to your reception and you will definitely want that extra time. Also, their brand new lighting system is insanely amazing!)

Sent on 07/28/2013

Absolutely blown away with the service John and his team provided. Gorgeous venue with matched service from start to finish. John and his team paid extreme detail to our wedding ensuring us a great time the day of. He stuck to his word and delivered a memorable wedding for us. It's great to have a nice venue and all but when it comes to service that's where it's at. Luckily, we got the best of both worlds and couldn't be more grateful. Thank you John and your team at Il Villaggio! Simply the best!

Sent on 04/16/2014

John and his staff at Il Villaggio created the perfect atmosphere for our wedding. There are not enough nice things to say about this place. We were genuinely surprised how John and his staff were able to transform our dream into reality. Everything from the ballroom, to the cocktail hour rooms, to the bridal suite looked absolutely stunning. The icing on the cake for us is the brand new lighting system which really made the room come to life.
    In addition to the beauty of the venue, the staff is just amazing. From day one, John was professional, friendly, and organized. We never had to worry about anything going into our wedding. You can tell that he knows the business very well and offered great suggestions. The day of the wedding, we had a maitre d that made sure the night went smoothly and a bridal attendant that knew what we wanted even before we thought about it! If we needed anything from drinks to flip flops, they already had it in their hand.
    Just when you thought it couldn't have gotten any better, our guests are continuing to rave about the food. The selection and quality of food from cocktail hour to dessert is what makes this venue better than others. The presentation was perfect and the taste was just delicious.
    John and his staff were very attentive to every detail we had concerned with. Our wedding came out perfect thanks to everyone at Il Villaggio. We would recommend that everyone have their wedding here! Thank you Il Villaggio for making our day so special!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Jessica · Married on 07/12/2013

If I could give higher than a 5 I would. John, Patrick, Alex, Nadia and the entire staff at Il Villaggio made our wedding absolutely perfect! From the beginning process of selecting a date to the final product John and Patrick were amazing to work with and we couldn't have been happier. Its been 2 weeks and our family and friends are still talking about the entire wedding, the food, the service, everything was exceptional. Nadia was great, she bustled my dress in record time and was there for anything I could need or want. Alex had everything covered the night of, we didn't have to worry about a thing. The lighting and entire ambiance of the room was perfect and was exactly what we asked for. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing, our wedding was everything we imagined and more because of John and his exceptional staff. We can't wait to watch our video so we can re-live it!!

Jessica & Steven · Married on 07/12/2013

JOYCE · Married on 06/29/2013

I HAD MY WEDDING ON 06/29/2013 AT IL VILLAGIO, CARLSTADT, N.J. AND TO THIS DAY, ALL MY GUESTS AND FRIENDS KEEP TALKING ABOUT IT. IT HAS BEEN THE TALK OF THE TOWN AS PICTURES OF THE VENUE, FOOD, AND THE EVENT WAS POSTED ON INSTAGRAM AND OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKS BY FRIENDS. THE STAFF WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND HOSPITABLE FROM THE SECURING OF THE VENUE TO THE EVENT ITSELF. NONE PRESENT AT THE EVENT COULD PINPOINT A FLAW. EVERYTHING WAS EXECUTED TO PERFECTION. THE AFFABLE STAFF WAITED ON MY GUESTS AND THEY EXPERIENCED A VIP TREAT. PATRICK, ONE OF THE MANAGERS, WAS EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY AND GOES OUT OF THE WAY TO MAKE THE DAY A MEMORABLE ONE. AGNES,THE BRIDE ATTENDANT WAS GREAT. AND THE FOOD, VERY DELICIOUS. TO SAY THE LEAST, THE SERVICE RENDERED WAS MORE THAN THE MONEY PAID FOR,AND WE WILL PAY MORE KNOWING NOW WHAT WE CAN GET.IF MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE TO RE-PLAY OR RE-LIVE THE EVENT, IT WILL CERTAINLY BE AT IL VILLAGIO.

Natalia · Married on 06/22/2013

Il Villaggio helped us achieve our dream wedding! John was fantastic and helped my dream wedding become a reality! Still two weeks later family and friends are commenting how wonderful our wedding was. Many guests commented that our red velvet wedding cake was the best wedding cake they have ever had! Cocktail hour impressed our guests as did the main course! The food was incredible and the professionalism and care shown by John,Alex,Agnes and the rest of the staff at Il Villaggio was outstanding. I would highly recommend this venue to host your dream wedding. I had many personalized items that I had made and they made sure that every item was how I wanted it. Il Villaggio , Thank you for helping make our wedding unforgettable!!!
    Natalia & Matt