Il Villaggio Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Emily M. Married on 08/28/2021

Best day ever!

Where to begin!! Let me start with saying that even at almost a month out from our wedding day, we are still having our guests reach out to tell us that our wedding was one of the best they have ever attended. From the service, to the food, to the overall ambiance and energy, every minute of our wedding day was absolutely perfect due to the hard work and dedication of the Il Villaggio staff. Il Villaggio happened to be the very first venue that we met with and did a virtual tour of as we were still in the thick of covid when we began the wedding planning process. From the very first video call, we knew that we had come across something special not only in Il Villaggio as a venue, but in Patrick as well. There are simply not enough words to describe the number of roles Patrick plays in the process of making your dream wedding day a reality, he quite literally does it all. From the very first conversation, he was honest, realistic, extremely informative, and made us feel totally comfortable without ever feeling an ounce of pressure. When we were able to meet in person, all of the same feelings we had from the first video call were validated and we instantly felt like we had known Patrick for years. Not to mention the venue is absolutely beautiful and walking into the grand ballroom truly stops you in your tracks. Patrick and his team at Il Villaggio made the entire planning process easy, even from afar as my husband’s job moved us to Chicago shortly after we visited and booked the venue. Even without being able to meet in person, Patrick and the team never skipped a beat and never left a stone uncovered. Patrick thought of things I never would have thought of and made sure that the distance between us would cause me no additional stress and I could not be more appreciative. Fast forward to the day of the wedding, and I still cannot get over how much of a dream the day was from start to finish. Patrick, Leo and the Il Villaggio staff as a whole made sure that every single detail was attended to and mad sure everything ran smoothly from start to finish. We even had Patrick officiate our ceremony which he tailored to be unique to us as a couple and made the ceremony feel so intimate. From the cocktail hour into the reception, our guests were totally in awe. The rave reviews of the food, the beauty and grandeur of the ballroom, and the smoothness of the operation continue to roll in. I cannot express enough how highly I recommend Il Villaggio- it will be the best decision you make throughout your entire wedding planning process. THANK YOU Patrick, Leo & the entire Il Villaggio staff for giving us the wedding of our dreams, we will never forget it!!!
  • ELISA
    Elisa S. Married on 06/03/2021

Il Villaggio was perfect!

Patrick and his staff were very accommodating to our guests and were extremely helpful throughout our several wedding date changes. They met our needs and set up everything perfectly! They did a fantastic job making our evening a night to remember in the most perfect ball room ever! My husband and I had an amazing time and we highly recommend them!!
  • Jamie
    Jamie A. Married on 05/15/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

We could not be happier with the experience that we had for our wedding at the Il Villaggio. We knew from the first time we saw the venue that it would be the place where we had our wedding. Patrick was extremely helpful, professional, and made the whole experience seamless. Our guests have been complimenting the service and the food. We are so grateful for everything that the Il Villaggio offered to make our day so special! My husband and I highly recommend this venue for a wedding and other events.
  • Aaisha
    Aaisha A. Married on 02/16/2020

Beautiful Venue & Awesome Staff

As far as venues go, this was perfect. The decor is beautiful and classy and the food was amazing!! (We went to the restaurant attached to try the food before hand and it really sold us on choosing this venue) We had a Sunday wedding and were the only event being held there that day (restaurant is closed Sundays). We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all at Il Villaggio and everything flowed nicely and was just smooth sailing the whole day.

Patrick at Il Villaggio was incredible! He was very kind, informative and accommodating when it came to planning and the day of the wedding. Any way he could help us, he did and he truly made the stress of finding a venue non existent. We are so grateful for his guidance and LOVED how everything turned out day of!

We had an amazing wedding day it was the absolute right choice to choose Il Villaggio.
    Amanda B. Married on 11/16/2019

More than 5-star!

If I could give Patrick and Il Villaggio more than five stars, I would. An absolutely amazing venue, with even better food, somehow staffed with even better people. My wedding was more than I had ever planned on in my entire life. I would legitimately recommend this venue to everyone and anyone.
  • Leonard
    Leonard M. Married on 11/09/2019

A perfect wedding celebration

About a yesr ago my fiancée Lisa Ann Norcia and I began planning a wedding celebration with her parents. It was my goal to give our family the greatest celebration of “LOVE” and in particular our Love. The sheer reason why I decided to marry Lisa Ann on November 9th 2019. Outstanding IlVillagio!!!
  • Gabriela
    Gabriela Married on 11/02/2019

Delicious!

Delicious food and amazing service.
    We got everything on time, everybody took care of us and of our guests.
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle F. Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing venue!

Words cannot express our gratitude to Il Villaggio for the execution of our dream wedding 9/7/2019. Their staff's professionalism, attention to detail, and enthusiasm really made it clear why we chose Il Villaggio to host our wedding. We could not have asked for anything more and we are so thankful to the staff for making our night the absolute best. Patrick, who we had worked with for the past almost 2 years since booking, was so wonderful, helpful and sincere. He worked through all of our challenges and assisted us in all of our requests. He truly is THE Wedding Boss! If you need a venue for the perfect budget, amazing food that guests will rave about for years to come and the most beautiful ballroom, look no further than Il Villaggio! 10/10
  • Alaina
    Alaina Married on 08/24/2019

Best Day Ever Thanks to Il Villaggio

Our 8/24/19 Wedding at Il Villaggio was Remarkable thanks to Patrick Lopez and all of the staff! We planned our dream wedding in 6 short months and Patrick was there every step of the way! Our ceremony was on site. It was beautiful, stress-free. The food was OUTSTANDING! The best thing that we could have ever done was enjoy our cocktail hour upstairs in the bridal suite. Every item that our guests enjoyed was also hand served us. The bridal attendant was fantastic, she followed me around holding my bouquet and fixing my dress until it was time to party. I had nothing to worry about. The views and ballroom were absolutely beautiful and made for great pictures. The timing of everything was perfect and our guests raved about the food and the decor. We had the best day of our lives! Thank you to Patrick and the staff of Il Villaggio! Don’t wait, book with Patrick today!
  • Danielle
    Danielle B. Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding of the year

We are so grateful to Patrick and everyone at Il Villaggio. Our wedding was a complete success- everyone was so impressed with the venue especially the beautiful ballroom. The team went above and beyond to make our day extra special. All of our guests had a fantastic time and still cannot stop raving about the food! We would recommend anyone have their wedding at Il Villaggio...We cannot say enough about it!!!!
  • Altanisha
    Altanisha Married on 07/21/2019

Be Day Ever!!

Patrick is indeed the #weddingboss! Very sensitive to my needs, flexible with your budget, response time amazing, staff super awesome, my bridal assistant Wendy was awesome! Patrick made sure my day was everything I needed it to be. He was there for all my panic attack’s with planning lol. Best experience ever! I will recommend Him & Ilvillaggio 1000’s times!! I’m beyond happy with all services, food was amazing!! Cocktail hour Aaaamazing!! He made sure all my guest were taken care of.
  • Leslie
    Leslie Married on 07/14/2019

Best Day Ever!

We got married on July 14, 2019 and had our reception at Il Villaggio. The service was incredible!! I had my own bridal attendant who assisted me with my bustle for my wedding dress and getting my party shoes from upstairs after I was done with the first dance. All our guests RAVED about the food. As soon as we got to the venue, the bride and groom ate upstairs and had a moment of peace and quiet alone before we went downstairs to greet our dress. Also, they wrapped the food we didn’t eat so we can take it home the following day. Also, each table had its own server for drinks and our guests were really happy with how attentive they were. Working with Patrick was very professional and easy, and Patrick and his team made our wedding day amazing, easy and relaxing. The ballroom is beautiful and the way the chandelier lights changed with the music looked amazing. I am so happy we booked our wedding with Il Villaggio and highly recommend to any bride/groom.

• Tina
    Tina T. Married on 01/20/2019

Best Day Ever!

We had our dream wedding at Il Villaggio on Sunday January 20th, 2019 (marital bliss made us late to leave this wonderful review). Il Villiaggio was actually the last place we looked at, as we thought this gorgeous and prestigious venue would be out of our budget. But, working with Patrick and some strategic planning, we knew we could make it work and that this was the place for us! With all the stresses of planning a wedding, Il Villiaggio made the process totally easy - from providing all information up front including payment plans, menus for cocktail hour & reception, and table sizes, to suggesting their additional room for the ceremony space AND we even hired The Wedding Boss to be our officiant. After the ceremony, we were ushered upstairs where we feasted on every savory tidbit offered at our cocktail hour (which was wildly appreciated since that was really the only thing we ate all night). From our entrance, to the first dance to the speeches, to the cake cutting, it was the perfect event. Our family and friends were blown away by the beautiful and regal decor of Il Villiaggio as well as the delicious food. Our wedding day had an expected guest, winter storm Harper. Instead of taking home the meals of our guests who could not attend due to the weather, we were welcomed to return on our first wedding anniversary to enjoy a meal at the restaurant. Having our wedding at Il Villiaggio was a dream come true, and we look forward to visit the restaurant as regulars for special occasions.
  • O
    Liv Married on 11/17/2018

The best wedding venue hands down!!

My husband and I knew when we walked in the venue September 2017 we wanted to book based on just the look of the venue. Our wedding was 11/17/18.
    Upon walking in the entrance is stunning, everything is beautifully decorated and that’s before you even get into the ballroom. The ballroom is absolutely breathtaking with the many beautiful crystal chandeliers, spaced out tables so every guest can get up and move around and a stage where we put the DJ so you have an ample dance floor without tripping over wires or having a speaker next to a table. We worked with Patrick for planning our wedding and it was truly a pleasant experience that exceeded all expectations. Patrick was there every step of the way with attentiveness and patience with every question and concern. The day of the wedding, the staff was tremendously unbelievable. Every single staff member was so considerate to our bridal party, our friends and family, and to us even going as far as to clean and bustle my dress. Patrick sent us a day of email with kind words and even fixed my husband’s bow tie and gave a groomsman suspenders when his broke. There is one server per table which is unheard of at certain venues in NY (where we’re from). I have been flooded with calls and texts about how beautiful the venue was, how amazing and abundant the food was and how fun the party was. All the preferred vendors from the venue we went with and truly every single vendor was amazing and made the experience that much better for us. The food from the venue deserves a whole review just on its own. Everyone kept saying leading up to the wedding that the bride and groom are too busy to eat the day of their wedding, however, the staff made sure we had food and enjoyed ourselves. Every detail was thought of and taken care of from the staff so all my husband and I had to do was just enjoy ourselves. There was nothing we wanted for because everything was even better than we could have imagined. We knew we made the right decision booking at Il Villaggio and I’m so grateful they gave us the most memorable night of our lives. If you are looking for an elegant wedding, with impeccable service and amazing food there is no other options go here.
    Jackie Married on 11/04/2018

Thank you Il Villaggio!!

IL Villaggio made our dream wedding come true! Patrick is a man of his word and his team over delivered and exceeded our expectations! From the first time we met him, he was there for us every step of the way leading up to our big day. He has a "can do" attitude and there was no request he wasn't able to help with. We got endless compliments on how great the food was. Our guests went on and on about the quantity and quality of the food and drinks. The venue is beautiful and our pictures and videos are gorgeous! Thank you Patrick and the Il Villaggio staff! We are forever grateful!
    Toni Married on 10/20/2018

Marvelous!!

We expected great service based on Il Villaggio’s reputation but honestly, the team exceeded our highest expectations. From booking the date to cutting the cake and beyond - they were patient; informative and very professional. We were lucky enough to book Il Villaggio for our wedding, four months before our preferred wedding date. My hubby and I had the crazy idea that buying a house and planning a wedding would be easy and boy oh boy were we wrong. But as luck would have it, an event was cancelled for that day and were given the opportunity to book the date. At first we were a bit nervous about the food selection as our families are very particular about food (his family is from Senegal and mine are from Jamaica) but it's been a week and people are still raving about the food. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff is AMAZING!! They think of everything there - my bustles were not holding up my dress enough but Enma swooped in with safety pins and made it possible for me to dance all night. To Richard, Patrick (Mr. Wedding Boss) and the entire team THANK YOU for helping us bring our fairytale to reality!
    Galyna Married on 09/08/2018
    I had my wedding here, I LOVED it! The food is amazing, you come to cocktail hour and you leave full of delicious food! You definitely get more then you pay for in my opinion. The service was awesome, if I had a problem- the staff always helped the day of. Before the wedding, Richard was always great about getting back to me about details and answers to any questions I had. They were very understanding about last minute changes I had and were very accommodating. All my guests were very please and surprised such a wonderful place could be found in Carlstadt NJ. I will definitely be keeping Il Villaggio in mind next time I plan a big event!
    Lisa Married on 08/25/2018
    We got married on 08/25/18 and had our reception at Il Villaggio. We worked with Patrick through the entire process. We really felt that we could trust Patrick from the day we met him. We were so impressed by what Il Villaggio had to offer that we didn’t look any further. Patrick is honest and will not mislead you or sugar coat things. During our planning, he gave his opinion when we needed suggestions/ideas which was very helpful. He is also thorough and brought things to our attention that we hadn’t thought of. On the day of the reception, he made any little glitch or mishap seem like it was nothing and took care of it before I could even start to worry. Family and friends have not stopped raving about the amount of food and how GOOD it was. They also complimented us on the service by the staff. They are extremely attentive! I should also mention that the open bar did not disappoint. Everything you wanted, they had it. We did the Viennese as well which was so delicious and so worth it. Our bridal attendant Emma was also very attentive and made sure I had everything I needed. Maitre’d Leo made sure things were going smoothly the entire night. Thank you so much to the staff at Il Villaggio!!! I’m so happy that we chose to have our reception here, it really was a perfect night.
    Earlean Married on 08/18/2018
    I had my daughter's Sweet 16 at the IL Villiaggio's on 9/1/13 and it was absolutely breath taking. Patrick, Alex and the entire staff were awesome! The place was gorgeous, the food was terrific and the service was amazing. I can't say enough good things about this venue and would use it again without thinking twice.
    Marisa Married on 08/10/2018
    We are so happy we selected Il Villaggio for our wedding. The moment we met the general manager Patrick we knew it was the venue for us. He was on the same page as us about everything we wanted on our big day. He was honest and helpful throughout the whole planning process. He and his staff went above and beyond for us throughout the entire process and the day. The venue is beautiful, and the food is incredible! My husband and I felt like a queen and king the whole day. The value is out of this world. When you compare what you get with this venue and others like it in the north jersey area, the price difference is outrageous. I hope I can attend a wedding here because everyone keeps raving about how great ours was and especially how great the food was! Book your wedding here! I promise you won’t regret it. Simply amazing.
    Brittany Married on 08/03/2018
    My now husband and I got married at Il Villaggio last Friday 8/3/18. I do not even know where to begin on how fantastic this venue is! We worked with Richard and he was amazing, he always answered any questions we had so quickly and with such professionalism! When it comes to Il Villaggio everything is top notch! The food the staff and the beautiful ballroom! Our guests cannot stop talking about what an amazing time they had and how phenomenal all of the staff (they really go above and beyond) and the delish food is at this venue ! I wish we could relive our wedding over and over again! I would absolutely recommend Il Villaggio I would say it is one of the best venues in New Jersey!!! -Brittany & Ricky
    Anjuli Married on 07/21/2018
    From the first time we visited this venue we knew this was where we wanted to get married. Rich was very attentive and extremely helpful during all stages of the wedding planning process. The food was fantastic and the staff was great throughout the entire event. We literally had nothing go wrong on our wedding day and could not have picked a better venue to hold it in. The lighting in the main entrance was perfect for photos as well as the balcony overlooking the reception hall. Our guests asked if we could renew our vows in 6 months just to have another party.

I would absolutely recommend anyone throwing a party/wedding to have it here, if not for elegant environment, then definitely for the food and staff!
  • Cori
    Cori Married on 07/14/2018
    Il Villaggio was absolutely incredible this past weekend for our wedding. Seriously top notch service and the food is absolutely amazing. Patrick and his staff is awesome and really made sure everything at our wedding was perfect! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing all the food was and how beautiful Il Villaggio is! We have been to some of the highest rated venues in NJ and they don't even compare to Il Villaggio. They went above and beyond with everything they did. We ended up getting left at Il Villaggio because of mix up with our hotel shuttle and Patrick stepped up and personally took some of our guests back to the hotel in his own car. I don't know any other venue that would do that for you. If you want a truly amazing wedding, you better book with Il Villaggio!
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 06/29/2018
    Excellent venue! We were so happy to have our wedding here.. not only is it absolutely beautiful but it has an amazing staff and food that is out of this world! We worked with Patrick and he made everything easy. Nothing was ever a problem and he helped us with every situation! I will most definitely use IL Villaggio again! It was a wonderful experience!
    Anisah Married on 06/24/2018
    My now husband keeps saying the phrase “We fell in love with the people first, then the place.” Il Villaggio has some of the most caring and warm hearted people working there. Patrick and Richard were just amazing people to know and worked hard with us to make our wedding go smoothly. My husband and I didn’t have a wedding coordinator and were more than happy to help us navigate through our planning. In addition, Patrick doubled as our officiant and our guests just loved his spin on the ceremony. My maitre d’ Leo and bridal attendant Wendy were very tentative, accommodating and would make changes to the schedule as the wedding was happening without hesitation. Also, the owner of the venue (I am terribly sorry, I cannot remember his name right now) radiates warmth with his smile and kind voice. These people are amazing.

As for the place, this was one of the nicest, most elegant, and just simply amazing places I’ve ever been to. Great food, amazingly high ceilings, spacious ballrooms and main gathering space. Even the lighting setup in the main ballroom just blew my guests away. In addition, the food was phenomenal. There was so much of it and everything was incredibly delicious. Also, and I found this out at the end when I went to gather my belongings the next day, this venue donates centerpieces that are not collected to the nearby nursing home. Too many feels hit my heart. I can’t say enough great things about this place. Thank you so much for making my wedding special and giving my guests the time of their lives.