Il Villaggio Reviews

Il Villaggio 6
Il Villaggio 7
  • O

liv · Married on 11/17/2018

The best wedding venue hands down!!

My husband and I knew when we walked in the venue September 2017 we wanted to book based on just the look of the venue. Our wedding was 11/17/18.
    Upon walking in the entrance is stunning, everything is beautifully decorated and that’s before you even get into the ballroom. The ballroom is absolutely breathtaking with the many beautiful crystal chandeliers, spaced out tables so every guest can get up and move around and a stage where we put the DJ so you have an ample dance floor without tripping over wires or having a speaker next to a table. We worked with Patrick for planning our wedding and it was truly a pleasant experience that exceeded all expectations. Patrick was there every step of the way with attentiveness and patience with every question and concern. The day of the wedding, the staff was tremendously unbelievable. Every single staff member was so considerate to our bridal party, our friends and family, and to us even going as far as to clean and bustle my dress. Patrick sent us a day of email with kind words and even fixed my husband’s bow tie and gave a groomsman suspenders when his broke. There is one server per table which is unheard of at certain venues in NY (where we’re from). I have been flooded with calls and texts about how beautiful the venue was, how amazing and abundant the food was and how fun the party was. All the preferred vendors from the venue we went with and truly every single vendor was amazing and made the experience that much better for us. The food from the venue deserves a whole review just on its own. Everyone kept saying leading up to the wedding that the bride and groom are too busy to eat the day of their wedding, however, the staff made sure we had food and enjoyed ourselves. Every detail was thought of and taken care of from the staff so all my husband and I had to do was just enjoy ourselves. There was nothing we wanted for because everything was even better than we could have imagined. We knew we made the right decision booking at Il Villaggio and I’m so grateful they gave us the most memorable night of our lives. If you are looking for an elegant wedding, with impeccable service and amazing food there is no other options go here.

Toni · Married on 10/20/2018

Marvelous!!

We expected great service based on Il Villaggio’s reputation but honestly, the team exceeded our highest expectations. From booking the date to cutting the cake and beyond - they were patient; informative and very professional. We were lucky enough to book Il Villaggio for our wedding, four months before our preferred wedding date. My hubby and I had the crazy idea that buying a house and planning a wedding would be easy and boy oh boy were we wrong. But as luck would have it, an event was cancelled for that day and were given the opportunity to book the date. At first we were a bit nervous about the food selection as our families are very particular about food (his family is from Senegal and mine are from Jamaica) but it's been a week and people are still raving about the food. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff is AMAZING!! They think of everything there - my bustles were not holding up my dress enough but Enma swooped in with safety pins and made it possible for me to dance all night. To Richard, Patrick (Mr. Wedding Boss) and the entire team THANK YOU for helping us bring our fairytale to reality!

Galyna · Married on 09/08/2018

I had my wedding here, I LOVED it! The food is amazing, you come to cocktail hour and you leave full of delicious food! You definitely get more then you pay for in my opinion. The service was awesome, if I had a problem- the staff always helped the day of. Before the wedding, Richard was always great about getting back to me about details and answers to any questions I had. They were very understanding about last minute changes I had and were very accommodating. All my guests were very please and surprised such a wonderful place could be found in Carlstadt NJ. I will definitely be keeping Il Villaggio in mind next time I plan a big event!

Il Villaggio 8
    Il Villaggio 9

Lisa · Married on 08/25/2018

We got married on 08/25/18 and had our reception at Il Villaggio. We worked with Patrick through the entire process. We really felt that we could trust Patrick from the day we met him. We were so impressed by what Il Villaggio had to offer that we didn’t look any further. Patrick is honest and will not mislead you or sugar coat things. During our planning, he gave his opinion when we needed suggestions/ideas which was very helpful. He is also thorough and brought things to our attention that we hadn’t thought of. On the day of the reception, he made any little glitch or mishap seem like it was nothing and took care of it before I could even start to worry. Family and friends have not stopped raving about the amount of food and how GOOD it was. They also complimented us on the service by the staff. They are extremely attentive! I should also mention that the open bar did not disappoint. Everything you wanted, they had it. We did the Viennese as well which was so delicious and so worth it. Our bridal attendant Emma was also very attentive and made sure I had everything I needed. Maitre’d Leo made sure things were going smoothly the entire night. Thank you so much to the staff at Il Villaggio!!! I’m so happy that we chose to have our reception here, it really was a perfect night.

Il Villaggio 10

Earlean · Married on 08/18/2018

I had my daughter's Sweet 16 at the IL Villiaggio's on 9/1/13 and it was absolutely breath taking. Patrick, Alex and the entire staff were awesome! The place was gorgeous, the food was terrific and the service was amazing. I can't say enough good things about this venue and would use it again without thinking twice.

Marisa · Married on 08/10/2018

We are so happy we selected Il Villaggio for our wedding. The moment we met the general manager Patrick we knew it was the venue for us. He was on the same page as us about everything we wanted on our big day. He was honest and helpful throughout the whole planning process. He and his staff went above and beyond for us throughout the entire process and the day. The venue is beautiful, and the food is incredible! My husband and I felt like a queen and king the whole day. The value is out of this world. When you compare what you get with this venue and others like it in the north jersey area, the price difference is outrageous. I hope I can attend a wedding here because everyone keeps raving about how great ours was and especially how great the food was! Book your wedding here! I promise you won’t regret it. Simply amazing.

Il Villaggio 11
    Il Villaggio 12
    Il Villaggio 13

Brittany · Married on 08/03/2018

My now husband and I got married at Il Villaggio last Friday 8/3/18. I do not even know where to begin on how fantastic this venue is! We worked with Richard and he was amazing, he always answered any questions we had so quickly and with such professionalism! When it comes to Il Villaggio everything is top notch! The food the staff and the beautiful ballroom! Our guests cannot stop talking about what an amazing time they had and how phenomenal all of the staff (they really go above and beyond) and the delish food is at this venue ! I wish we could relive our wedding over and over again! I would absolutely recommend Il Villaggio I would say it is one of the best venues in New Jersey!!! -Brittany & Ricky

Il Villaggio 14
    Il Villaggio 15

Anjuli · Married on 07/21/2018

From the first time we visited this venue we knew this was where we wanted to get married. Rich was very attentive and extremely helpful during all stages of the wedding planning process. The food was fantastic and the staff was great throughout the entire event. We literally had nothing go wrong on our wedding day and could not have picked a better venue to hold it in. The lighting in the main entrance was perfect for photos as well as the balcony overlooking the reception hall. Our guests asked if we could renew our vows in 6 months just to have another party.

I would absolutely recommend anyone throwing a party/wedding to have it here, if not for elegant environment, then definitely for the food and staff!

• Cori

Cori · Married on 07/14/2018

Il Villaggio was absolutely incredible this past weekend for our wedding. Seriously top notch service and the food is absolutely amazing. Patrick and his staff is awesome and really made sure everything at our wedding was perfect! Our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing all the food was and how beautiful Il Villaggio is! We have been to some of the highest rated venues in NJ and they don't even compare to Il Villaggio. They went above and beyond with everything they did. We ended up getting left at Il Villaggio because of mix up with our hotel shuttle and Patrick stepped up and personally took some of our guests back to the hotel in his own car. I don't know any other venue that would do that for you. If you want a truly amazing wedding, you better book with Il Villaggio!

Il Villaggio 16
    Il Villaggio 17

Christina · Married on 06/29/2018

Excellent venue! We were so happy to have our wedding here.. not only is it absolutely beautiful but it has an amazing staff and food that is out of this world! We worked with Patrick and he made everything easy. Nothing was ever a problem and he helped us with every situation! I will most definitely use IL Villaggio again! It was a wonderful experience!

Anisah · Married on 06/24/2018

My now husband keeps saying the phrase “We fell in love with the people first, then the place.” Il Villaggio has some of the most caring and warm hearted people working there. Patrick and Richard were just amazing people to know and worked hard with us to make our wedding go smoothly. My husband and I didn’t have a wedding coordinator and were more than happy to help us navigate through our planning. In addition, Patrick doubled as our officiant and our guests just loved his spin on the ceremony. My maitre d’ Leo and bridal attendant Wendy were very tentative, accommodating and would make changes to the schedule as the wedding was happening without hesitation. Also, the owner of the venue (I am terribly sorry, I cannot remember his name right now) radiates warmth with his smile and kind voice. These people are amazing.

As for the place, this was one of the nicest, most elegant, and just simply amazing places I’ve ever been to. Great food, amazingly high ceilings, spacious ballrooms and main gathering space. Even the lighting setup in the main ballroom just blew my guests away. In addition, the food was phenomenal. There was so much of it and everything was incredibly delicious. Also, and I found this out at the end when I went to gather my belongings the next day, this venue donates centerpieces that are not collected to the nearby nursing home. Too many feels hit my heart. I can’t say enough great things about this place. Thank you so much for making my wedding special and giving my guests the time of their lives.

Renee · Married on 05/12/2018

I knew from the moment I walked into Il Villagio that it was the venue that I wanted to hold my wedding at. My husband and I worked with Richard and from day one he made the entire process of planning my wedding effortless. He was amazing to work with. The staff was amazing and they were truly on their A-game making my wedding day stressless. Wendy and Leo were amazing making sure I had everything I needed at that moment. If you want quality food, this is the place. There was not one dish that was presented that was not delicious. Everyone gave me amazing compliments on how great my cocktail hour and main dishes were, although I didn’t have anything to do with the taste of the food. Honestly, Il Villagio will make your wedding day fantastic and memorable and the best yet, stress free. They make you feel like you are their only priority. You will not be disappointed. I will not miss planning my wedding but I will truly miss working with Richard and the staff at Il Villagio, because of them it was one aspect of my wedding I did not have to worry about. The are the greatest!

Il Villaggio 18
    Il Villaggio 19
    Il Villaggio 20

Maria · Married on 03/24/2018

Patrick and the staff at Il Villagio made my son Anthony and daughter in law Krista have their dream wedding! Everything was perfect from pre cocktail to Viennese hour. It was truly a fairy tale wedding. I am still receiving compliments on the quality of food, quantity of food and elegance Il Villagio has to offer. I owe it all to Patrick and his staff. His patience, hard work and dedication has made their wedding a day full of memories that they will cherish for the rest of their lives. I highly recommend Il Villagio to future brides and grooms. Thank you Patrick, you are amazing!
    Maria and Alphonso Gaita, parents of the groom

Melissa · Married on 03/10/2018

We cannot say enough amazing things about Il Villaggio! From the moment I first looked at the venue to picking up any items left behind after our wedding, Patrick, Leo and the staff were amazing! They were attentive and ridiculously helpful!
    Every question that I had, Patrick was more than ready to answer. Whether it was by email, phone call or in person. On the day of our wedding, Patrick was there from the moment we arrived to after we left making sure everything ran smoothly!
    I had a bridal attendant assigned to me and I couldn’t have been happier with her and her services! While my bridesmaids were running around going crazy, I was lucky enough to have an attendant there for my every need! From helping me with my wardrobe issues to my drinks being filled or food cravings, she was on it!
    Leo the maître d’ was also extremely helpful as were the bartenders and wait staff! Everyone was super helpful and eager to make sure we were taken care of! When we, the bride and groom, felt too hot, they turned the air on and made sure that we were more comfortable!
    The food was amazing! Well, at least every single guest had raved about it! We didn’t eat during reception. However, they made sure to make up leftover containers with servings from every single station that we had set up and as we ate some of it in our hotel room, cold, we couldn’t believe how unbelievably awesome the food was! It was jam packed with flavor! The ribs were cooked perfectly and the meat was falling off of the bones! Everything was amazing!
    It was the perfect day for us! We had an amazing time at our wedding and it wouldn’t have been possible if it weren’t for the amazing and beautiful rooms, the staff and awesome food! We cannot say enough great things about Il Villaggio! We thank you for making sure that everything went as well as it did and we had a wedding most dream of and that was perfect for us!

Il Villaggio 21
    Il Villaggio 22

Susan · Married on 03/04/2018

The venue is amazing! Privacy and exclusively because they only do one wedding at a time. Great food selection, plus delicious. Beautiful, well maintained premises. Excellent for any weather conditions. Service was great, and Patrick, the manager, was helpful, dedicated to us having a great day, flexible, and professional. I highly recommend this venue!

Il Villaggio 23

Theresa · Married on 01/06/2018

Our guests loved the staff the venue the people everything was amazing and such a fairytale def going to have more parties there

Gina · Married on 12/01/2017

Our experience with IL Villaggio was absolutely incredible. My husband and I could not be more thrilled with how everything turned out! The staff at IL Villaggio were wonderful to work with. Patrick and Richard made every so easy for us, they are so kind and true professionals. The bridal attendants and wait staff also made our day perfect. Besides this venue being absolutely GORGEOUS, the food is phenomenal. Our guests have been raving about our cocktail hour and their meals all week. Il Villaggio is truly and incredible place to have a wedding. Thank you thank you for making us the happiest Bride and Groom. We love you guys!

With Gratitude and Love,
    Gina and Glenn

Il Villaggio 24

popo · Married on 11/25/2017

beautiful....good food...good price

E · Married on 11/02/2017

Patrick Lopez and his staff were absolutely amazing. I was more than pleased with the quality of service that was provided to our family and friends. I could not have picked a more perfect venue and group of genuine people to handle one of the most important events of my life. I have gotten only positive feedback from everyone! I am truly appreciative. I definitely plan to host other events at this venue in the future!

Jeeness · Married on 10/29/2017

My fiance and I had a great experience working with Patrick to execute our plans for our wedding day celebration. Patrick was very easy to communicate, patient, with and flexible whenever we needed to make changes. The venue itself is gorgeous and the food was fantastic. My guests really enjoyed cocktail hour. My maitre'd, Leo and Bridal Attendant Enma were extremely helpful on the day of the wedding. Enma was so patient and helped me fix my bustle (which was a complicated one) multiple times. She also saved the day by getting a marinara stain off from the train of my wedding dress. You can't go wrong with choosing this venue for your event.

Alexa · Married on 10/28/2017

Our wedding was the best night of our lives thanks to the service at Il Villaggio. From the first time that we met with Patrick, we knew that Il Villaggio was were we wanted to have our wedding reception. He was there for us every step of the way while planning our wedding. Patrick was always quick to respond to any questions whether it was by email or by phone - he always made himself available to us. Patrick and his team were the dream team the night of our wedding! The food and service were excellent. We still have people calling and texting us telling us how amazing our wedding was!

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

If you're searching for a venue to have your wedding, you can stop right now. Il Villaggio is absolutely the place to book. There were several reasons my husband (yay!) and I picked Il Villaggio. First, it was really easy to get to. Next, everyone raved and praised the food there. The place was absolutely gorgeous. The lighting system was incredible. But most of all, it was the general manager, Patrick. I wanted to work with someone who I could trust with my wedding. As theater people, my husband and I know how to produce shows and performances. If something went wrong, I needed someone who could fix it without anyone realizing it. I needed someone calm, collected and in control. Patrick was that guy. And we did not regret this choice. Patrick was an absolute joy to work with throughout the entire planning process. He catered to my requests at all times; he was so easy to talk to; it was incredibly easy to get a hold of him, and he was just so wonderful and down to earth. The day of the wedding was the real test. Il Villaggio, Patrick and the staff passed with flying colors and went above and beyond. My day could not have gone more perfect. Everything was incredible! We had Alex as our maitre d and Enma as my bridal attendant. Those two were absolutely wonderful. Alex always keep me informed and made everything run so smoothly. He catered to my every wish and command, and so did Enma. They made me feel like a princess. The food was fantastic; everyone enjoyed it all. The lighting was superb. It was literally the best day of my life, and it wouldn't have been like that if we were anywhere else, but Il Villaggio. I firmly believe that. Go check the place out, meet Patrick and see for yourself. It'll be the best decision you'll ever make when it comes to your wedding.

Vanessa · Married on 09/30/2017

It was such a great experience I couldn’t have asked for better service. The food was amazing and the attention they gave us was phenomenal.

• Y

Yoon · Married on 09/03/2017

Everything was top notch from the food, service, and execution. Patrick, Richard, Alex, Enma and the rest of the team was awesome and accommodating. We continue to get compliments and many of our guests said it was the best wedding ever!

Marzena · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Il Villaggio and everything was amazing! Richard was there to answer every question during the planning stages. The day of the wedding all the staff were very attentive and the food was delicious. Our guests are still raving about the food and the georgous ballroom