Il Fornaio at the Westin San Jose Reviews

10 | San Jose, CA

10 Reviews for Il Fornaio at the Westin San Jose

The venue has an old world elegance that was perfect for our vision of the wedding. Our coordinator was so attentive, flexible and accommodated all our needs. All of our guests loved the plated dinners and was blown away by the service they provide.

Sent on 09/01/2013

Jennifer and Zach · Married on 07/07/2012

Tami and the staff at the Hotel Sainte Claire and Il Fornaio were WONDERFUL. The moment I saw the architecture of the historic hotel, I knew we had to get married there. My (now) husband's one requirement was that we can have the wedding and reception in one, where guests don't have to travel much and can stay close by. This hotel fit the mark, and it is absolutely gorgeous.

We got married in the Atrium and then had the reception in the adjoining ballroom. The transition with the cocktail hour in between was smooth and the guests appreciated the bar opening up right away. The ballroom and atrium are both incredibly beautiful, so not much is needed at all. There are no ugly doors or decorations to hide!

Living in Southern California, but growing up in the Bay Area, I knew this would be challenging to plan a wedding far from my current home base. Tami made it so easy. She was very prompt in all my questions and was always willing to help - even to brainstorm places for a rehearsal dinner!! Il Fornaio makes it so easy since their packages are straight forward and there was nothing hidden. I was able to get a lot of the planning done.

AND THE FOOD IS AMAZING!!! Usually people only remember food from a wedding when it is bad. But Il Fornaio's food was incredible. People commented all night how wonderful the food was.

Sent on 02/16/2013

Haruko · Married on 05/03/2008

I probably interviewed with 10 caters and they were all unflexible and hard to deal with except for Il Fornaio. Some cater want you to rent china, silverware, and linens for the wedding and I didn't want to deal with more headache. Most of them had set price and package and no one wanted to adjust or make it fit my budgets until I talked to Il Fornaio. They were very professional and invited us to tasting and very flexible on appitizers and menu for our wedding. They introduced a DJ to us as well and every experience with them was great with them.
    I highly recommend future brides to consider using their service.

Sent on 10/03/2008

fani · Married on 08/12/2006

We had our ceremony at the Courtyard at the Sainte Claire. It was the perfect place for the amount of people we had and also the fact that it was at the same location. The courtyard is very romantic and has small canlighs coming down from the ceiling. The cocktail reception was in the hotel's lounge which is a large area with lots of plush sofas and chairs, but the group circled around the bar. The dinner was in the ballroom which was newly renovated. Everything was wonderful!!! The food was
    exceptional, everything from the wine, hors d'oeuvres, primi, entrees, and the zabaion desert. The staff at Il Fornaio was great. Everyone was friendly and a guest mentioned that the bartender was making the drinks extra strong :) Another thing to mention about Il Fornaio is the flexibility we had with everything. They did not have many restrictions at all compared to other locations.

Sent on 08/24/2008

Emilly · Married on 10/01/2006

3.5

The food was great value for the amount we got, and it was pretty good for wedding food. We had steak and shrimp as the main, and one of the comments was "My god, that's the mother of all prawns!"

Sent on 10/26/2008

Todd · Married on 04/28/2018

We had an easy time working with Il Fornaio cating. We worked with Dina, and she was clearly very knowledgeable about everything, which made everything go really smoothly. Since we were planning our wedding from out of town, we had a very limited availability in which to come into town to do our tasting, and she was really accommodating, meeting us just a few days before the Christmas holiday for our tasting. We had a few guests with dietary restrictions, and Dina was happy to work with us to make sure our guests were still able to have a special meal! And as always, the food was delicious. We had several guests who had never eaten Il Fornaio before, and everybody was pleased. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Priyanka · Married on 03/09/2008

This place was so beautiful. We had our ceremony in the atrium room (with the glass ceiling) and cocktails in the palm room, with a fireplace going. It was beautiful and perfect. They were really easy to work with and gave us everything we wanted.

Sent on 05/01/2008

tisha · Married on 03/11/2016

3.5

We will be holding our rehearsal dinner here the food is fabulous and I love the atmosphere.

Sent on 06/28/2015

2.0
      3.0

The food at our wedding was AMAZING, however the service wasn't the best. It was extremely hard to get prompt responses back from their catering staff, and the day of the wedding, they messed up on a few things (running out of beef for guests who had ordered beef, for example). I'm really torn about whether or not I would recommend them to a friend. The food is outstanding and the price is right, but the service wasn't the greatest.

Sent on 08/12/2012