IJ Photo Reviews

IJ Photo 5
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 12/22/2018

Magical Photos!

I can't recommend Irene highly enough. She is incredible. Professional Personna: You have to be comfortable with your photographer, because they will see everything! I am super awkward meeting people, so when I first met Irene I was my normal anxious self that doesn't always gel with people. But what set her apart from every other photographer I spoke with was that she listened to everything I said I wanted. Our initial meeting was not filled with "look how good I am," it was Irene responding to what I said I was looking for and then showing us examples. She prompted us to ask questions, and she gave us information that we just didn't know enough to ask about. She wasn't pushy at all, just the kindest person and very open: she wants you to know exactly what you're getting. Once we did our engagement shoot with her, I was completely in love with her- she knows how to make you feel comfortable, and she is very patient. She probably fielded a dozen or more questions from me the week of our engagement shoot, and she always answered with grace. She is really good with people, and her second photographer that was at our wedding was just as personable as she was. Photography: Irene has an amazing eye for light. This was crucial for us because we had a winter wedding. What if it was dark? What if it rained? She has experience with every sort of weather and suggestions for your pictures that fall within what you're comfortable with. For example, she asked if we would still be willing to take pictures outside if it was raining. I told her I didn't like the industrial look, and she found beautiful alternatives for our outdoor shots. What I learned is never say no- if she wants to try something, do it, because it will look amazing! After our engagement shoot, I would walk off a cliff if she told me to because that is how much I trusted her eye. I often don't like pictures of myself but I loved every single picture she took. She made me feel beautiful, and she perfectly captured how happy we were on our wedding day. Nuts and Bolts: I had Irene come to our final meeting with our venue so I could get her suggestions on some final touches. It was also really helpful to be able to go over our plans with her just so she had an idea of what she was shooting. She takes notes on everything you tell her. She is early to every meeting- very reliable. And she is prepared for anything. Her camera actually broke during our reception but she had a spare and recovered so quickly, there were no gaps in our reception pictures. She is also flexible. We booked her for a certain amount of time, but when it came time for her to leave, she asked if we wanted her to go, giving us the option to keep her on until the end of the reception and bill us later. Which of course we did. And those were some of our best shots!

IJ Photo 6
    IJ Photo 7
    IJ Photo 8
    IJ Photo 9
    Sent on 02/03/2019

IJ Photo's reply:

Wow! Thank you for your kind words. I loved working with you and appreciate your trust. Good news, I'll never ask you to walk off a cliff. LOL

Tracy Kayser · Married on 09/07/2018

A Patient & Talented Wedding Photographer

I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding photographer! Not only is Irene an amazing photographer, but she is a very patient, caring, and understanding person. Every step of the way, Irene did exactly what we needed without us asking.
    Before the wedding:
    * We found Irene’s booth at the Seattle Wedding Show, drawn in by her beautiful setup and photo books. We provided her with our contact info and ultimately setup a meeting to talk more at a coffee shop. During this initial meeting, she answered all our questions, showed us more samples of her work, and talked through pricing details.
    *1 month prior to the wedding, we met with Irene at the venue, talked through the shot list + timeline, and identified the best location for different photos.

Day of wedding:
    *Irene arrived on time and quickly went to work capturing detail photos, making sure to stay out of the way. I was running behind in getting ready, but Irene adjusted seamlessly to keep all photos on track. She was more than a photographer, helping untangle my necklace and the groom put his boutonniere on.
    *Irene facilitated our first look beautifully, then proceeded to take photos of the two of us for the next hour. She respectfully kicked my mom out (who was distracting) and made the process fun.
    *She was very efficient & hard working, utilizing every minute she had to capture more photos. She worked in tandem with our DJ to make sure schedules aligned throughout the evening.

After the wedding:
    *Within a week, Irene had prepared our first look. A few weeks after that, she had prepared an initial collection of ~30 photos from the day.
    *About 1 month after the wedding, she had finished our full collection of photos and we scheduled a time to come to her house to view the photos.
    *Due to an error on my part, we showed up at Irene’s house on the wrong day. Regardless, she welcomed us in and spent the next 2 hours showing us the photos and helping us build our photo book. I felt like a fool but was so grateful that she was able and willing to accommodate us.

IJ Photo 10
    IJ Photo 11
    IJ Photo 12
    IJ Photo 13
    Sent on 12/27/2018

IJ Photo's reply:

Just wanted to say a giant thank you for the glowing review! You have no idea how much this means to me!!
  • Betsy

Betsy · Married on 08/26/2018

Fantastic Wedding Photographer

I seriously can't say enough good things Irene. She was wonderful to work with every step of the way. I was nervous about booking a wedding photographer because having beautiful wedding photos was so important to me. Her work is gorgeous and she was highly recommended by a friend, so we took the plunge. About 15 minutes into our engagement session, I knew we had made the right call. She is seriously one of the best people you will ever meet - she is talented as well as kind, and treats you like a friend while still being incredibly dependable and professional. All the things you want in the person you are entrusting to capture your once-in-a-lifetime day. We could not be more pleased with our wedding photos - they are STUNNING! The only problem is now we can't decide which of her amazing pictures we're going to hang on our walls. Thank you Irene for your amazing work! We are so grateful.

IJ Photo 14
    IJ Photo 15
    IJ Photo 16
    IJ Photo 17
    IJ Photo 18
    IJ Photo 19
    Sent on 10/18/2018

IJ Photo's reply:

You and Brian share a beautiful connection, it was so easy to capture great moments on your wedding day because your love is something special. I am just glad I got to be a witness.

Kathryn · Married on 09/23/2017

IJ Photo is amazing! The one unique piece of advice I read when choosing a photographer was: choose someone that you can feel comfortable around because you will be spending most of the wedding day with them. I am so glad I chose IJ Photo, I truly enjoyed working with them, she made everything feel so natural and easy. Not to mention the pictures were amazing and captured every moment and emotion throughout the whole day. I could not have asked for a better experience!

IJ Photo 20
    Sent on 10/23/2017

Rocio · Married on 09/02/2017

Words cannot describe the AMAZING job Irene did with our photographs... Since the moment we saw her work we fell in love with style and attention to detail. We had a crazy vision for our engagement session, we described it to Irene and she turned our vision into a reality.

The wedding photos did not disappoint, they are truly magical. Irene did an incredible job at capturing those special moments between us and our loved ones. She is not only professional but she is also fun, caring, sweet and just makes you feel so comfortable.

If you are debating about choosing a photographer, we can guarantee that you will not be disappointed with Irene's work. She definitely deserves more than 5 stars.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Katie · Married on 07/22/2017

Irene is an amazing photographer! We knew we made the right choice after our engagement photo session. She made us feel so comfortable and she had great ideas on where to take our photos! She captured everything we were hoping for. We also loved that she was open to having our puppies in our engagement photos :) Our wedding day was seriously the happiest day of our lives and Irene captured every happy moment and made it so magical! We couldn't have asked for a better photograph and everyone should use her!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Rochelle · Married on 06/10/2017

Irene was 5 stars when it comes to wedding photographers. She was beyond professional but also very fun to be around, which made the experience that much better. She captured all our beautiful memories so we can cherish them for a lifetime and you can't ask for better quality or value than that. She's very creative and will take the most stunning photos that wouldn't think were possible but she makes it happen (even if she has to get dirty for the perfect picture ??). I would obviously recommend her to anyone and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Sarah · Married on 01/07/2017

Irene is the best! We met her at the Seattle Wedding Expo and she was the first person we saw when we walked through the door. She was immediately engaging and we were impressed by her great personality. She is laid back but very professional and, after doing a walk-through at our venue, we were pretty sure we wanted to book her. She put together a great timeline for taking our wedding photos and really helped to keep everything moving on the Big Day. We received our photos about a month after our wedding and they were stunning. I don't have the words to describe how well they turned out because I am still speechless. She captured so much love and happiness in her photos and our friends and family love how well they turned out. She was also a lot of fun to work with and made my husband and I smile all along the way. Nothing but good things to say and I wholeheartedly recommend that you should consider IJ Photo for your wedding!!!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Erica · Married on 09/17/2016

Having amazing wedding photos was one of our top priorities (right behind getting married), and we couldn't be happier with the photos Irene took for our engagement and wedding! Neither my husband nor I like getting our picture taken, so there was a fair bit of anxiety going into the engagement shoot. Irene made the whole process simple and enjoyable, and she was able to capture pictures that I think truly embody the way I feel about my husband.

The day of the wedding Irene and her assistant, Kate, had the same calming effect as during the engagement shoot. They were able to take an experience that normally causes us anxiety (having pictures taken) and turn it into a truly enjoyable experience. And the resulting photos are absolutely stunning. Looking back at the final pictures it seems that all the memories I have about the wedding day were beautifully captured. I especially love how the vibrant colors in Irene's work evokes such strong emotions. We have also received seemingly endless compliments from our friends and family, and our wedding planners really enjoyed working with Irene. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Julie · Married on 09/10/2016

Irene did a fantastic job photographing our wedding! From initial contact to post wedding, she was friendly, responsive and super easy to work with. She made things very easy on our end and was flexible when meeting with us. We were able to meet at our wedding venue pre wedding to check out our favorite shots and photo locations to make our wedding day run smooth. On our wedding day, Irene worked well with our videographer to ensure that we would get quality photos and videos. She got all of the shots we asked for and was so great in working with each of our families, remaining calm and placing people where they needed to be in a respectful manner. We were on schedule on the wedding day which was great. I received numerous compliments from family and friends about Irene and how friendly she was and also how they didn't really notice her during the wedding. Irene designed our wedding book and it is amazing! Since we were able to go over it with her before she ordered it, we were able to tweak a few things which was great! We love our wedding photos! Overall, we would highly recommend Irene to photograph your wedding!!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Amy · Married on 09/03/2016

Wedding photography can be expensive but the memories that the photos hold are priceless and working with Irene has been worth every penny. Irene and her assistant were able to capture everything we wanted on our wedding day and more, we couldn't be happier with how the photos turned out. Not only is she an amazing photographer but she is friendly, professional and a true pleasure to work with, we highly recommend IJ Photo!

Sent on 12/21/2016

David · Married on 08/06/2016

Irene was awesome, worked great with us through all our changing plans, showed up early the day of, and when the reception was over she even helped pack things up, as she had time. I cannot recommend her enough. The quality of the pictures are astounding and we have recommended her to my wife's brother for his wedding this coming year!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Lina · Married on 06/04/2016

If you want high quality wedding photos, hire Irene! I hired Irene for our wedding on 6/4/16 at the Inglewood Golf Club and she did an exceptional job. The single most important thing for couples after their wedding is to see great wedding photos that captured the most important day of their lives. For me personally, I was really excited and anxious on my wedding day. Everything at the end of the day was really a blur. I put in over a year planning our wedding day and at the end of the day I really couldn't remember how all the details came together. When I saw the photo album Irene put together, I knew I made the right decision when I hired her. She delivered the highest quality images I have ever seen with amazing images that told our story. Your wedding album will be the only physical product that you receive from your wedding day, and when you share your album with friends and family, you want to be confident and proud of all the time you invested in organizing the single most important day of your life! Irene was patient, professional and upbeat. I appreciated her honesty and her dedication. She knew exactly what angles to capture pictures, and really bring out the best features. When I look at our photo album, I feel so proud to have been able to organize the biggest event in our lives! Thank you Irene!

Sent on 09/21/2016
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 05/21/2016

Irene does such beautiful work. We instantly knew from the moment we met her that she would be the best person to capture our wedding day and her team delivered. I have yet to see our video, but from what I have already seen from her photos, I know I won't be disappointed. I don't know how many times over and over again I look at our engagement and wedding photos without getting a little teary-eyed.

The wedding album she gave us went beyond my expectations. We didn't have to do a thing. She picked the perfect photos, laid it our for us, we switched a couple of photos around and gave the thumbs up within minutes of our appointment. It came out gorgeous. Her turn around time is fast and excellent! We've already received tons of compliments!

She is so patient and very easy to communicate and work with. She is very flexible and was extremely reasonable with the custom package that she created for us. We highly recommend her and would definitely work with her again when the time comes.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Dwight · Married on 09/12/2015

Irene was/is fabulous! The pictures she took at Inglewood Gulf Club at our wedding were the very best. She is extremely organized, on-time, and a great communicator. When she gave us a time line she kept to it and got every single picture we wanted and more.
    She knows where and when to take the pictures. From informal to formal, from ceremony to reception, from preparation to the dance... she got it all.
    She is so organized we got our album faster than we expected and received a thumb drive with ALL the pictures. She gave us both high resolution and web resolution.
    Irene is easy to work with and you'll love getting your wedding pictures planned, taken and ordered with her. Her prices are a great value.
    We recommend her without any reservations!!!!!!

Sent on 11/26/2015

Irene was awesome! She was super easy to work with. The photos we received were worth it; she worked hard to give us what we wanted.

Sarah · Married on 08/15/2015

Irene is awesome! She does very unique pictures which is why we chose her. It isn't just your standard stand together and smile pictures. All of our pictures were very unique and creative. She has an amazing eye for the background and area around her and can bring out things that I didn't even notice were there. She was very friendly and easy to work with. Our pictures were done exactly When she said they would be. We got tons of compliments and love them. I would hands-down recommend her for your wedding day if you want truly unique and beautiful pictures. She did our engagement pictures and Christmas pictures as well. We will use her for all of our important events that we want pictures for. Truly amazing work

Taylor · Married on 07/31/2015

Irene was amazing at adapting to changing weather conditions. When key wedding party people were late on my wedding day she made sure to get the crucial shots without stress on me or the rest of my family. She is amazing at what she does and takes beautiful pictures in just a few shots so you can enjoy your time with her!

Kellie · Married on 07/11/2015

Irene was AMAZING. We felt really comfortable with her from our first meeting. Her professionalism was clear from day 1. She was always ready to answer questions in the time leading up to our wedding. She listened to our concerns and was flexible enough to find another location for our pre-ceremony photos. On the actual wedding day, she arrived EARLY, was efficient, friendly, and super helpful. She directed us well, putting us in positions (poses) that were natural and *mostly* comfortable. :) She even managed to get natural smiles from everyone!

My husband was a little nervous the day of the wedding, as she only took a snap or two for each "pose" and each family group during pre-ceremony photos. But we discovered those nerves were unfounded. The pictures turned out wonderfully. We are so thankful to have such wonderful photos of a day that turned out to be such a whirlwind! It was exciting to see sneak peeks on her facebook page. She also offers LOVELY photo books that she is willing to curate and customize, but doesn't put on the hard sell.

We would highly recommend and would definitely work with her again.

Sent on 02/12/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/17/2011

Irene and her sister were amazing! They are so fun to work with and extremely flexible. Her style is completely unique and she is willing to accommodate any and all requests, even changes to the preset packages. We had both photographers for the entire day and the took tons of pictures. If one had an ok angle other had a great one! I just received the proof for the wedding album and I could not be more impressed! I cant wait to have all of these beautiful pictures for our lifetime memories. My husband and I are already planning to have her do our pregnancy and baby pics. We love Irene and Terice!!!!

Sent on 12/29/2011
  • vaughan107

Vaughan · Married on 08/08/2010

Irene did our engagement session. She had a good vision of how the session would go before she arrived and allowed us the freedom to goof around or contribute our ideas. The photos came out great - we'll be hanging some in the house very soon.

Sent on 09/16/2010
  • Dpickle87

Abby · Married on 07/31/2010

Irene Jones and her sister Terice were amazing. They did both our engagement pictures and our wedding. They were flexible to drive 40 minutes out of the way to come to my parents house to do getting ready pictures on the wedding day. Also, getting a two team photographer is the best. One was with me(the bride) and the other was with my husband. I would definitely recommend them !!!

Sent on 08/07/2010

Kelly · Married on 07/26/2008

Irene Jones Photography was wonderful. Very professional and she has a great artistic eye. They did both our engagement photos and wedding/reception photos and we were very pleased.

Sent on 08/19/2008
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 07/16/2016

Irene is not only an amazing photographer, but she is a wonderful, patient and professional individual. We very much enjoyed working with her and she did nothing short of delivering beautiful shots. Flexibility was important to us and she was always available to help answer any questions we had, provide clarification as needed, and work around our availability. We appreciated the efforts and hard work Irene delivered and would very much refer her to future clients in need of her services.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Allie · Married on 05/16/2015

3.5

When your photographer asks you to make a list of the photographs that are most important to you to get on the day, make sure to write in down and make it available ON the wedding day. I had discussed this with my photographer however when the day came, there where many important photos with the grooms family as well as my family that never got captured due to rushing through photos.

Sent on 12/14/2016

IJ Photo's reply:

Allie- I am so sorry that photos you wanted were missed! This breaks my heart to hear. When we spoke on the phone before your wedding I did make a list of photos, like I always do. On the day of your wedding Kate and I made sure to check off every photo on your list and I don't know if you remembered but I asked several times if there were any other groups you wanted to do. I am so sorry you felt rushed. I was trying my best to meet your needs as well ask keep family members happy. Many people expressed how much they wanted photos to be over, your husband specifically. I am so sorry there was any miscommunication. Heat, family, pressures of running late with hair and makeup, etc can all add to stress on a wedding day. If there is any way I can make it up to you and your husband please reach out and let me know. I sincerely value you as a person and I am grateful for your business.