I Do OBX Weddings Reviews

I Do OBX Weddings 5
I Do OBX Weddings 6
I Do OBX Weddings 7

Christine · Married on 09/28/2017

Tony was so awesome! My husband and I were nervous about our vows since we opted to forgo the rehearsal. But Tony met us before the big day to go over everything and that definitely helped. The words he chose for the wedding day were amazing. He has meticulous attention to detail and had us switch sides during the ceremony so my hair wouldn't be blowing around my face. All of our guests raved about him and what a wonderful job he did. The chairs we rented through him were set up perfectly and came right on time. We were worried that we'd be unable to do the wedding on the beach since Hurricane Maria had just passed through, but the day turned out so great thanks to Tony's help and positive thoughts. We were able to have a beautiful wedding on a sunny beach in Duck!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Karen · Married on 09/26/2017

Mary from I Do OBX Weddings was so responsive and helpful while we made choices for an intimate wedding to take place on the beach in Corolla.

Tropical Storm Maria changed all that with very high winds on the wedding day. Mary and the crew from I Do OBX Weddings did not miss a beat when it was decided to have the wedding in our rental house. Two gentlemen set up a bamboo arch with the most beautiful flowers contrasting against the flowing white fabric. They quickly arranged chairs for the guests in an intimate layout for the ceremony. It seemed as though a memorable ceremony inside the beach house was always meant to be.

Thank you Mary!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Kody and Briana · Married on 09/26/2017

Tony Joseph is the best officiant on the Outer Banks! We are so thankful and happy that we chose him to marry us! He truely is a friend of ours now who we plan to meet up with each time we visit the Outer Banks once a year now. He always was able to answer any questions or concerns we had for him and always did so in a timely manner. He made us feel that he truely cared about us and is such a sweet, caring, and wonderful person, which you will find out the first time you meet him. Our set up for our ceremony was amazing and so beautiful, it was just what we had asked for! His services are worth every penny you pay, and he gives discounts when you use him as your officiant. Our wedding day was a special one because we got married during the time that Hurricane Maria was hitting the Outer Banks. Tony, his wife Mary, and his crew worked through it every step of the way with us and were bound and determined to make sure our special day would still happen for us, and that all our dreams came true. They set up, married us, tore down and everything during the harsh winds and little rain that we had, just for us! Tony's words that he uses during his ceremonies are wonderful and one of a kind, he speaks from the heart, and doesn't read from a book, which we loved! He will do whatever you ask of him to make sure your day is truely special, and a moment in your life that you will never forget. He is someone we will always connect with, and we stand by him 100%. 5 stars is truely not a high enough rating for this Southern Gentleman! Choose him for your wedding day and you will be very happy and blessed!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Amber · Married on 09/25/2017

So very thankful for going this route with I Do Obx Weddings. Everything was done and all i had to do was mail invites and show up. The rentals were amazing and beautiful. I heard a lot of "beautiful". My perfectly colored hair wasn't going to grey with details. This package was so worth our sanity.

Tony and Mary were absolutely the BEST. The bouquet was perfect. Exactly like the photo i sent her. The communication was magnificent and a very quick response time. Tony the time to meet with us the day before, looked at the lay of the land and crafted a wonderful ceremony to meet our needs.

If we had to do it over again, absolutely do this route, with I Do Obx weddings andy working with Mary and Tony was a delight.

Casey · Married on 09/21/2017

We met Tony at the Sanderling Tasting back in the spring of 2016. My husband and I both immediately connected with Tony. He is so easy to talk to and really took the time to get to know us. On September 21, 2017 we had the honor of having Tony officiate our wedding. He made the ceremony so personal and the most memorable and beautiful day of our lives. Many of our family and friends thought we had known Tony for a long time and were surprised when we said we had only connected a year ago. Tony is truly committed to bringing couples together and making the ceremony a loving and spiritual event for everyone in attendance. We are so blessed to have met Tony and we highly recommend choosing him as an officiant for your special day!

Kristina · Married on 09/16/2017

Tony was amazing ! We came to OBX from NY and he was able to direct us in the right direction with all things needed for our wedding. Very professional, personable and helpful.

deb · Married on 09/16/2017

Tony performed my daughter's wedding on 9.16.17. All I can say is WOW! He is so professional, prompt, organized and made them feel like he's known them forever. He visited a couple of days prior to the wedding and spent quite a long time getting to know both Kelsey and Eric. I wasn't sure what they were talking about, but it was evident during the ceremony. He took bits and pieces of the conversation and added the information into the ceremony. Special things that meant something to both Kelsey and Eric. The Ceremony was a combination of personal, fun and religious. He was so easy to talk to and work with. He's so comfortable with performing ceremony's. Many guests asked if he was a family friend :) Thanks Tony for making their day so special! And thanks for not getting "washed" over by the high tide :)
    Deb Peery ... MOB

Lee Ann · Married on 09/14/2017

Tony took a lot of time to get to know us prior to our Wedding. He used all of these things he learned about us as individuals and as a couple to put together a beautiful ceremony.

We also used his chair set up service and everything was positioned beautifully on the beach! Tony made sure that our day was everything we had wanted! Thank you Tony!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Sierra · Married on 09/09/2017

Tony couldn't have done a better job. He made our ceremony more beautiful and more perfect than I ever could have imagined! Everyone was commenting on how awesome he did! He was worth every penny! Thank you so much Tony!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Morgan · Married on 09/09/2017

Mary was very helpful in preparing the set up for our beach ceremony! We loved the arch, chairs/chair set up, Starfish Aisle and decor! The set up and break down was so smooth I did not even have to think about it! Thank you Mary and Tony!

Sent on 10/29/2017
    I Do OBX Weddings 8
    I Do OBX Weddings 9
    I Do OBX Weddings 10
    I Do OBX Weddings 11

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2017

I can't say enough good things about Tony, Mary & the I Do OBX Weddings crew. Our wedding was everything we wanted and more. I went into the experience expecting to feel overwhelmed by the day's events, but once we had our initial meeting with Tony, I knew we were in good hands. He was very mindful of our wishes, treated us like family and made sure we spent our day focused on each other and he handled the rest. I wish I had counted how many of our guests came up to me after the ceremony saying what a nice job he did. And to top it off - their prices are ridiculously fair. I truly cannot recommend them enough. <3

Sent on 09/25/2017

Chris · Married on 09/05/2017

We would highly recommend I Do OBX Weddings. Our officiant, Tony Jospeh and his wife Mary were amazing throughout the entire process. From our first meeting with him, Tony was extremely personable and made us feel so comfortable like we had known him forever. Mary and the rest of the staff did an incredible job with flowers and decorations. They made our special day exactly what we had envisioned.

Chris · Married on 09/04/2017

Tony and Mary were great.we live out of town,like I'd imagine most of his couples do.he made it a point to have a few FaceTime meetings before we came down,so that we could get to know each other a little bit,and make sure he had every last detail of everything we wanted correct.it was great because when the day came,we didn't feel like we were meeting him for the first time,rather like we had known each other.many of our guests actually asked us afterwards if we knew him because of some of the things he joked about during our ceremony.to some this might not be fitting,but for us it was-it was something we had established during our FaceTime meetings.all of his efforts and attention to detail made everything go seamlessly - we can honestly say that not a single thing went wrong.definately the officiant you are looking for if getting married in the outer banks.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/04/2017

Tony and his wife, Mary, were absolutely wonderful to work with -- from the moment we signed the contract until we said "I Do". They genuinely care about their clients. Tony met with us in person over the summer to help us hone our readings and vows and made sure that our vision for the ceremony was carried out.

All of our guests thought Tony conducted a beautiful wedding. More than one person came up to me and asked "where did you find him? He's fantastic!" I honestly cannot recommend him enough. Tony and Mary -- thanks for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/03/2017

I don't even know where to begin. I fell in love with OBX on previous vacations and always dreamed of getting married there. Being from Nebraska, we are a little far from there so planning was a bit tricky. We picked I DO OBX strictly off of reading positive reviews online and I will tell you that all of the reviews I read hold true. Tony was the cherry on top of our dream wedding! We met him for the first time 2 days before our wedding, but it felt like we had known him for years! He is so easy to talk to and truly made us feel like old friends. Tony has a way of making you feel so comfortable - even for us, a couple who isn't super keen on spotlight. Both of our parents and many family members went out of their way to compliment us on what a great job Tony did during the ceremony. He truly thinks of everything, even strategically plans to move aside during the vows and kiss so your photographer can get photos of just you and the groom! Oh, and I can't forget to mention Mary. She was also a dream to work with! She coordinated all the details of how many chairs we needed, what decorations and what kind of flowers. She had every detail covered and even came back to me to ask more questions about flowers so she was confident they'd provide exactly what I was envisioning. Lastly, and this is a minor detail, but so appreciated, is their friendly set up crew. We had first look photos on the beach while two young gentleman working for Tony & Mary were setting up the ceremony. They went out of their way to say hello, had a smile on their faces the entire time they were hauling chairs up and down the long beach, and even asked if we liked how it looked. Warmed my heart to see how much pride every single person working for I DO OBX takes in the company - it all came together to make our wedding perfect!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Audrianna · Married on 08/31/2017

I knew I wanted Tony as an officiant from the moment I saw his services performed on the wedding videos from Swell Productions! From the moment the ceremony started, you can see just how much he cares about each and every couple. He goes above and beyond to meet with you personally before your special day in order to get to know you as a couple and get a feel for exactly how you would like the ceremony performed. There is no question I would pick him again and again for another special event.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/31/2017

Tony was absolutely amazing! We couldn’t have had a better ceremony! Tony made our day so special and took time before hand to get to know us, which made our ceremony personalized. I will recommend him to any couple who is looking for a fun and relaxed ceremony :)

Sent on 11/01/2017
  • F

Frank and eleni · Married on 08/28/2017

Thank you Toni for making our day so special. From the ceremony to the flowers to the beautiful set up everything was perfect. After meeting Toni for a short time we were made to feel like we knew him already and the connection was Instand. The ceremony was beautiful, meaningful, and very emotional and Toni made it happened!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Tricia · Married on 08/25/2017

Tony was great! He got to know us over the phone and in person before our big day so by the time the ceremony came, it seemed like he was an old friend.

His presentation and projection is charismatic and clear, which is important for the grandparents and back row attendees at an outdoor wedding.

We also used him for the ceremony chairs, and they looked classic and clean.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Susan · Married on 08/22/2017

We found Toney through his website. So sight unseen we took a risk, so we thought,. Toney was in constant communication with all the details prepared prior to our wedding. By the time we met face to face, we felt so comfortable with him. By the end of our ceremony he felt like someone we had known for years. He was so comforting and so personal it made everything more wonderful

Sent on 10/22/2017

Sara · Married on 08/20/2017

I cannot say enough fantastic things about Tony and Mary and their flawless execution of my intimate beach wedding in August. I was so lucky to have booked with them. They both made the planning process easy especially when planning a wedding 4 states away. Mary offered recommendations of local vendors which were fabulous! All my guests were raving about the perfect setting, a ceremony catered to my blended family, and service that was top notch. Tony is an expert in his field. Right down to the words that spoke to us and our extended family, knowing how to position himself during the ceremony so that the photographers could get the perfect shot, and a stress free execution. I would definitely recommend idoobxweddings.com

Sent on 12/11/2017

Justin · Married on 08/19/2017

Tony is simply amazing. He is the best at what he does. When you sit down with him he makes you feel like a good friend which is very important for a wedding officiant. His ceremony and the words he speaks are just amazing and he will consult with you about everything he says before hand. We had so many people coming up asking "WHO was that officiant?! That was one of the best ceremonies we've ever been to!"
    Also, if you're reading this review you've likely already seen pictures of what his company can do aesthetically speaking, and if not do yourself a favor and Google it. Simply breathtaking setup! Everything was on time and they watched the weather like meteorologists to push the wedding back so we could get it done outside on the beach when it was raining off and on. They made our special day more special than we could have ever imagined!

Sent on 09/03/2017

adrienne · Married on 08/13/2017

I cant even begin to put into words how special Tony & Mary made our day. Their attention to detail, warmth, and kindness really is unmatched. Tony took the time out to come & visit us the night before our wedding putting my nerves at ease & also getting to know us a little better & our families. Standing at the "alter" Tony did not ramble off readings but he spoke about our own love story. It was truly something I will never forget. His timing was perfection in all aspects & his loving words spoken from the heart truly reflected us as two individuals joined together that day. There was not a dry eye on the beach that day & it was because Tony made everything come to life. I ordered my flowers through Mary & she did an absolutely beautiful job, initially when she sent me a photo of them I wanted to change a few things & I was nervous because there wasn't much time. They both completely put my mind at ease and my flowers turned out better than I could have ever expected. I HIGHLY recommend them. Our reception was held at a rental home and Tony somehow found the time to run around the reception area and decorate it with even more beautiful floral arrangements. I was blown away. I also forgot to ask for petals for our flower girls Tony & Mary came to the rescue again. They were a calming force on a chaotic day & I words can't explain how special it was and the role they both played in making our day so perfect! My heart is so filled with love, I am so blessed to have met such a kind family. I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about them. They truly were the glue to holding together our entire day. Absolutely amazing !!

Sent on 08/28/2017

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

Adrienne and Chris!
    There isn't a dry eye in our house right now after your beautiful words here my friend:)) Thank you so much for letting us be with two familes that Mary and I will never forget! And like I said in our meeting, your'e stuck with us now anyway! Love you both and so looking forward to watching the two of you live and love your lives together in marriage bliss! Hope you take us up on staying at our airbnb someday to go out and have some great times together! Much love to you and your families! GOD BLESS!

Alexandra · Married on 08/12/2017

Tony was absolutely perfect!!! He made the whole process so easy. The ceremony was wonderful with personal touches added in throughout so it really felt like it was designed for us. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Kelsey · Married on 08/08/2017

Tony is very easy to talk to and truly wants to make your ceremony as personalized as you would like. The beach can be hard to hear on but Tony has a very clear voice that everyone can clearly hear and understand! He was will to be flexible on the time due to rain and an outside cermomony. Couldn't have asked for a better person to marry my husband and I!

Sent on 11/14/2017