I Do OBX Weddings Reviews

I Do OBX Weddings 5
I Do OBX Weddings 6
I Do OBX Weddings 7

Lindsey · Getting married on 06/21/2019

Couldn’t be more excited!

I knew it was fate whenever I looked at Tony’s website and saw he was from the same small hometown as I was. And after having spoken to him for the first time over the phone, it was a definite that we needed him to be our officiant for our wedding!! I can already tell that Tony is a kind and hardworking person that will do anything to make sure our day goes perfectly. We can’t wait to have him marry us next year!!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 05/05/2019

Best Vendors Ever!

I wish I could rate them more than 5 stars! They truly made our wedding perfect. Tony and Mary went above and beyond for our big day and made the whole wedding process so easy and stress-free. They were involved in the set up of decor (in the venue and for our ceremony), officiating, and flowers. Everything turned out perfect, and honestly better than I could have imagined. They are detailed-oriented, but also fun to work with! I would recommend them to everyone and anyone!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Marykate Szilagyi · Married on 04/28/2019

Personal, Professional and Perfect!

Tony and his team are absolutely amazing! We were constantly in the loop, they go the extra mile and we thoroughly enjoyed planning/having our wedding with them! Tony goes above and beyond to personalize your day and made our wedding absolutely stunning! We were recommended to him, and let us recommend him to you!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Pendell · Married on 03/30/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

Wow! When booking our OBX wedding (on not a lot of notice) I didn't know where to start but after reading about Tony on his website I thought I'd reach out to him. He contacted me back the same day and after a 20 min phone call, I knew he could help make our day perfect. I immediately could tell how seriously he took his profession. From that day on, I e-mailed with Tony and his wife, Mary, about the details of our ceremony and always felt taken care of! When my husband and I met with Tony when we got down to the OBX the week of our wedding to finalize our ceremony, we laughed and cried together for about 1.5 hours. It was like we had known Tony for quite some time. Our families have said over and over how wonderful the ceremony was and we just couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I also used their company, I Do OBX Chairs for the ceremony set up (OMG beautiful) and worked with their florist, Gail, for our flowers. I just can't say enough good things about this team. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 04/26/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 8
    I Do OBX Weddings 9
    I Do OBX Weddings 10
    I Do OBX Weddings 11

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

I can'y put into words how honored I was to stand with you, Colin and you entire family:) Your day touched my heart. Many blessed years to the Pendell's!! Love you guys and keep in touch:)
  • Jeanette

Jeanette · Married on 03/30/2019

Jeanette Douglas

Tony was a awesome officiant who delivered a first class ceremony! He was so easy to work with and made sure the bride and grooms day was what they expected. I highly recommend his services. Thank you and your staff for everything from the officiant, the chairs, alter, decorations, and flowers. We loved everything about your services and you!

Sent on 05/03/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 12
    I Do OBX Weddings 13

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

So honored to have been a part of your daughter's wedding day Jeanette:) Had a blast getting to know Chalsy and Nicholas:) It was a perfect day and we will remember this one for a ling time. Thx for the pix:))
  • Janelle

Janelle Conley · Married on 03/16/2019

Archway, Bridal Bouquet, and Boutonniere were PERFECT!

Morgan and I hired I Do OBX Weddings to rent an archway as a focal point for our ceremony, as well as provide the bridal bouquet and groom's boutonniere. Throughout the process I worked with Tony, Mary, and Gail (florist). Tony and Mary were easy to work with. Since Gail was responsible for my bouquet and floral swag, I worked with her a bit more than Tony and Mary. Gail was exceptional to work with. She took all of the pictures and ideas I sent her and developed a bouquet and floral swag that was exactly what I wanted, but better. I cannot emphasize to you the joy I experienced looking at my gorgeous bouquet.

The day of the ceremony, the bouquet and boutonniere were delivered to my hotel room with ample time. I Do OBX took care of the setup of the arch and raked the sand prior to the ceremony, and they broke everything down post ceremony. They were respectful of our space during pictures and did not remove the arch until we were done using it as a backdrop for our photos. I am glad that I chose to do an arch for my ceremony and would recommend that you do the same if you're considering a beach ceremony. Additionally, I am pleased that I went with I Do OBX Weddings/Chairs because they not only recreated my vision, but did so beautifully and with minimal effort on my part.

Thank you Tony, Mary, and Gail for helping to make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 03/26/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 14
    I Do OBX Weddings 15
    I Do OBX Weddings 16
  • Davvon

Davvon Davidson · Married on 03/02/2019

Gods Blessing

Absolutely amazing!!! Tony did an amazing job with such a very short notice! He truly has a gift! We started our new chapter in life and Tony made the first day spectacular! With god in our lives and a new friend for life..... we thank you Tony!!! Terry & Davvon Davidson

Sent on 03/09/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 17
    I Do OBX Weddings 18

Kaitlynn · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Vendor of the Day

Tony was absolutely incredible. He was flexible with us because we did change the time of our ceremony. He met with us a few days before the ceremony and walked us through everything and we felt so comfortable and at ease talking to him. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and you can tell he truly takes pride in what he does and the people he works with. We had multiple people come to us after the wedding and say what a great job he did. We truly loved having him as our officiant and making our ceremony a fairytale come true.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Cori Falls · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing experience!

We used I Do OBX Weddings for ceremony chairs, and driftwood arch and we also used Tony as our officiant. Tony and Mary were amazing to work with. They set up the chairs exactly as I requested and the driftwood arch was beautiful! Tony made the ceremony fun, relaxed and exactly as we wanted it. He was so nice to work with! You can tell he has a lot of experience officiating weddings. It also shows that he cares a lot about the couples that he works with. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get married at the OBX. They do an amazing job!!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/27/2018

The only officiant to use

Seriously my husband and I can't express how much we love Tony. He is so warm and welcoming & is just perfect at what he does. He truly makes your ceremony so sentimental & gets to know the couples he is marrying to make sure he does the best he can to capture the right mood for the ceremony. He is the only one to consider!

Sent on 11/06/2018

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

Mrs. Boyd! Thank you so much for those kind words and I am the lucky one to have had the honor to have stood with you and Jon on the beginning of your lives as husband and wife:)) Much love and happiness my friend!
  • Michelle

Michelle Brauch · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommended

We chose to use I Do OBX based on the fact that they offered packages for a stress free experience. We chose the coastal elegance package and everything from chairs, arbor, aisle decorations, set up, breakdown, flowers (including the bouquet and boutonniere), and of course our officiant, Tony, was included. The ceremony went perfectly and our experience with Tony was out of this world. We met Tony just a few days before our wedding but it felt more personal than that. He truly made the day so special and I will recommend him and I Do OBX to anyone getting married in the Outer Banks. Thank you guys for a magical day.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Alyssa T. · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing! A pleasure to work with!

Tony and Mary were both amazing!! Tony officiated our wedding and we could not have asked for anything more. His words were emotional, personal and so incredibly thoughtful. Tony is a wonderful speaker and is so heart felt in his words. He truly does believe in and love what he does and it shows during the wedding ceremony. He met with my husband and I several times to make sure to get to know us and always went out of his way to make himself available when we were in town. Our arch was beautiful and so well constructed and our guests seating arrangements were well planned out and the beach was so well groomed for all of our guests. They thought of everything for the ceremony - chair set up, tide, wind, sand, weather etc. and we were so grateful. Mary did a beautiful job with the all of the bouquets and boutonnieres for our entire bridal party and matched it to the flowers on our arch. They both did an outstanding job with the interior decorating for our reception with the dimming lights and linen flair and and the lighting on the pier. They were both so responsive to questions and made planning from a distance so incredibly easy! They were quick with communication and gave recommendations for what they thought would be appropriate for our special day (which was very much appreciated)!! They were a very special part of our day and we are truly thankful to have had the pleasure to work with them!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2018

Tony was professional yet personable! He made us feel at ease and made our ceremony beautiful. He literally thought of everything - even little details that hadn't crossed our mind but made our big day all the more special. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We definitely recommend him to anyone getting married in the OBX!

Sent on 10/08/2018

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

Thank you Meghan and I truly enjoyed every minute with you, Robert and Brynlee:) Such a beautiful day and can't wait to see some photos from Erin! Much Love to the Intartaglio's!

Mary · Married on 10/06/2018

Tony Joseph MADE our ceremony. I cannot tell you how many compliments we received on "the officiant". He was confident, personal, funny, professional, engaging - the list goes on...

I HIGHLY recommend Tony Joseph/I Do OBX Weddings for both officiant services as well as chairs/arches/tables.

Sent on 10/09/2018
    I Do OBX Weddings 19

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

I had such a great time with you and Luke on your beautiful Fall day on the Outer Banks! I was honored to be a part of it and send me the gallerry when you get your photos:)) Can't wait to see them!
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing and Personable

I honestly don't think we could have found a better fit for us than Tony. Every guest gushed over how sweet the ceremony was and how it was as if he had known us our entire lives. He knows just how to work the room to get the best wedding photos, and really bring the place together. He also helped to assemble the driftwood arch and it turned out just gorgeous. We feel very fortunate to have met him.

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/25/2018

The savior of our day

On September 25, 2018 tony married me and my husband. We met him the day before our ceremony and we felt immediately as if we always knew him. The day of the wedding it rained all morning. At one point I told my dad well it’ll just have to be moved inside. Tony arrived assured me we would hold off till the last possible minute waiting for the sun. And sure enough 5 minutes before our ceremony was supposed to start here comes the sun. Our day was absolutely everything we wanted. Our chairs, arch, officiant. Every little detail was perfect. I cannot thank tony enough for helping make our day so special.

Sent on 12/18/2018
    I Do OBX Weddings 20

Kristi · Married on 09/22/2018

Tony and Mary did an amazing job on our "Gettin Hitched" package for our May 2018 wedding at Whalehead. From the beginning, Tony responded to emails quickly which was important to us since we were planning our wedding from GA. We were honored to have Tony as our officiant. He is very friendly and professional. Our wedding day turned out so beautiful despite the stormy weather. Jenni from Epic Shutter did an amazing job as our photographer.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    I Do OBX Weddings 28
    I Do OBX Weddings 29
    I Do OBX Weddings 30

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! A class act, so professional, personable, and a great person. I met Tony at the wedding expo and just connected right away that I knew I wanted him to officiate our wedding. Then met his wife and she was amazing as well. You could tell they love what they do and it shows when they connect with their customers. He kept in contact with us the whole time and helped guide us through the process step by step of what we needed done on getting license and how and where to go, then on what to fill out on his site he just made it very seamless and easy. He did an amazing job at our wedding that our guests were coming up to us asking if we knew him before this b/c of the detail he puts into knowing us to make our ceremony great and you could tell he put the effort in. I could go on and on; I highly recommend him. Best experience.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Jenn · Married on 09/02/2018

My fiance and I are extremely grateful that Tony could be our officiant. He is so down to earth, accommodating, professional and seriously loves what he does. He made our day even more special than anyone else could. After we obtained our marriage license we all sat down for coffee to get to know each other and talk about the wedding. This made us feel so comfortable and confident in Tony. The day of he asked me to proofread what he wrote about my Alex and I and the story of how Alex & I met was beautifully written and recited by Tony during our ceremony. I couldn't help but cry so many happy tears. He and Mary are so quick to respond and helped us out with everything along the way. They are amazing! We are blessed.

Sent on 09/04/2018
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 08/30/2018

Top Notch Service

Tony was top notch from day one. His professionalism, help, and advice was more than we could have ever aked for. He really took the time to get to know us as a couple. We had many positive complements from our guests regarding Tony as well. He kept our ceremony serious enough but lighthearted and funny as per our request. I would reccomend him in a heartbeat to any couple looking to get marred on the Outer Banks.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Rosemary & Michael · Married on 08/08/2018

It was tough planning a wedding from New York without ever visiting OBX. Tony Joseph made our beach wedding so special. He took the time to get to know us and it reflected in our ceremony. His thoughtful words expressed our feelings perfectly. Mary's flowers were beautiful and were exactly what we envisioned. Thank you Tony & Mary for making our day so AMAZING!
    Rosemary & Michael

Sent on 09/24/2018

Bonnie Smith · Married on 08/03/2018

Absolutely Amazing!!!;

OMG!!! I am still receiving complements about my wedding 6 months later....Tony made our special day even more amazing. From start to finish he was absolutely the best!!! Even with some hiccups(nothing to do with Tony or his staff) he helped with everything. From meeting my kids to even actually pinning on the boutineers before the ceremony. He kept my groom, Jason calm up to the minute I walked down the aisle. All his words were from the heart, they made us laugh, cry and were absolutely perfect! Thank you, Thank you!!! Can't say it enough..Tony and his staff made my dream beach wedding come true. Bonnie and Jason Smith

Sent on 01/25/2019

Lori · Married on 08/02/2018

I Do OBX Weddings should be the ONLY vendor you consider for planning a wedding in OBX! Extremely professional, responsive and innovative...there was literally nothing I had to do except enjoy the day!
    Last minute changes/requests were no problem and they even found a way for me to marry the love of life, on the beach, in my beloved high-heeled shoes!
    Seriously...look no further and book Mary and Tony for your wedding...you will not regret it!

Sent on 08/13/2018
    I Do OBX Weddings 31
    I Do OBX Weddings 32
    I Do OBX Weddings 33
    I Do OBX Weddings 34
    I Do OBX Weddings 35

April · Married on 07/24/2018

Tony was amazing to work with!!! He was flexible and truly cared about the little details of our special day. The weather was less than amazing the day we got married. He kept us calm and found a little gap in the rain to move our wedding up to have it on the beach as planned. We couldn't have been happier with our choice! He offers beautiful décor to rent and was beyond professional in our ceremony! You won't regret choosing Tony!

Sent on 08/15/2018