I Do OBX Weddings Reviews

I Do OBX Weddings 5
I Do OBX Weddings 6
I Do OBX Weddings 7

Cathy Clark · Getting married on 08/05/2020

Perfect from start to finish!

We could not have been more pleased with the service and care provided by I Do OBX Chairs for our daughter's wedding. The bride and groom, and all the guests, loved the flowers and driftwood arch, and the team that set up and took down the chairs and decorations were so efficient, it was like magic!

Sent on 05/26/2019

Taylor Starkey · Getting married on 10/24/2019

100% Service from Top to Bottom

We could not have imagined a better officiant or design setup than Tony Joseph at I Do OBX Weddings. Tony spent a lot of time with us, both over the phone and in person, to get to know us and understand our wedding vision. Our day was absolutely magical and that was in HUGE part due to Tony. Not only did he attentively write our ceremony with the elements we wanted to include, but also added some lovely observations of his own that were a surprise to both my husband and I. We felt like he really got to know who we were as a couple and made our ceremony feel less rehearsed and much more intimate. There is no better way to go for officiating or ceremony/reception setup/lighting/etc in our minds than I Do OBX Weddings. Thank you Tony for making our day so special; we will never forget it!!!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Donna · Married on 08/05/2019

Our August wedding

Tony is the absolute best. He’s very personable very outgoing and very attentive He made the entire process comfortable and relaxing. He responded quickly when I first reached out to him about officiating our wedding and was always very punctual in responding to any questions or concerns we might of had We met with him last year when we were in town on vacation and we both knew immediately he was the person we wanted to do our ceremony. We consider him to be more than just the officiant that married us. We consider him our friend. If I could give him 10 stars I absolutely would.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Melissa Willis · Married on 06/24/2019

Above & Beyond

Thanks to Tony & Mary, my daughter's wedding today was perfect! I couldn’t have asked for anything more. The seaside vintage was gorgeous, with all the perfect touches, it was even more than I anticipated. The flowers were exactly what Carrie wanted, (thank you Gail!) she said she loved them more than once, and the customized service was well planned, beautiful and memorable, one of the best I’ve ever experienced! Tony, thank you for your attention to the details that make such a difference. You are one of a kind- you kept us calm, made sure everything went smoothly and made us feel like family, you definitely found your calling! Mary thank you for working with us and for keeping us on track to get all the details taken care of this past month, especially on short notice! We couldn’t have asked for more and I wouldn’t change a thing. Thank you for such a wonderful experience! God bless you and I Do OBX!
    Gratefully,
    Melissa (Carrie’s mom)

Sent on 07/01/2019

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

We all were so honored to have helped make Carrie's wedding day dreams come true Melissa:) Thank you for trusting us on your daughter's wedding day and please keep in touch when you are back on the beaches of the OBX:)) Much Love!

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2019

Couldn’t be more excited!

I knew it was fate whenever I looked at Tony’s website and saw he was from the same small hometown as I was. And after having spoken to him for the first time over the phone, it was a definite that we needed him to be our officiant for our wedding!! I can already tell that Tony is a kind and hardworking person that will do anything to make sure our day goes perfectly. We can’t wait to have him marry us next year!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Julia · Married on 06/18/2019

Best experience, Highly recommend

Well I don't know where to begin... My husband and I were planning a beach wedding, and at first we were scared because we didn't know where to begin. We hired Tony, IDO OBX and it was the best experience. Tony and his wife Mary, made it very easy for us to plan the best day of our lives. They gave us awesome recommendations for anything that we were looking for. Always responded right back with any questions that we had. If we could we would give them 10 stars!!! They also did the set up for the ceremony which was absolutely breath taking. The arbor that we selected with the flowers and the lanterns down the aisle was beautiful. Not only did they make our wedding gorgeous, but they are super friendly and down to earth people. The first time we met Tony, from the start we loved him! If you want the wedding of your dreams, we recommend leaving it up to Tony and his wife Mary! They do an excellent job! Thank you friends :)

Sent on 06/28/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 8
    I Do OBX Weddings 9

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Julia and give Kyle and Carter a big hug from me! Just loved every minute getting to know you three and how about your day! It was perfect:) Much love and happiness to the Hostetters!!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2019

Amazing vendor team that does it all!

From ceremony set-up to reception take down, I knew from the beginning that I DO OBX was one of the best vendor decisions we made. Just WOW! Rev. Jay for ceremony, Gail for flowers, Mary for reception design/decor/lighting, Tony and crew for ceremony/reception set-up and take down... they are simply the best on the beach and beyond amazing at their unique crafts that served us as a “one-stop shop” vendor team. Beyond professional, polite, so easy-going, and flexible, which always made us feel like we were in great hands. If you aren’t from town, trust all positive reviews and photos to know it will be worth every dollar, conversation, and time spent with each of them. Thank you again team! These words barely do enough justice, and please know you will be forever cherished as an amazing part of our special day!!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 15
    I Do OBX Weddings 16
    I Do OBX Weddings 17

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

Katie, you are the best and thank you for letting us feel like we were family as well:) So honored to have been part of your beginning with Rollin and please keep in contact when y'all head to the beaches of the Outer Banks! Much love form the I Do OBX Chairs Team:))

Donna K Brown · Married on 05/22/2019

Incredible!!

We Eloped at the outer banks not knowing what to expect. Tony was warm and welcoming. He met with us ahead of time to get to know us and wrote special vows for us that just added a special touch. I couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding and when we renew our vows I want Tony there!

Sent on 06/08/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 18
  • Melissa

Melissa Grimes · Married on 05/07/2019

Amazing Destination Wedding

Tony was amazing through the whole process. We are from Ohio so planning from so far away can be stressful. Tony was very helpful and easy to get a hold of. He did whatever we wanted to make sure we had the ceremony we dreamed of. The day of was very easy going because Tony made sure everything went as planned and he put his whole heart into his words. I couldnt image anyone else being part of such a big day.

Sent on 06/30/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 19
    I Do OBX Weddings 20
    I Do OBX Weddings 21
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 05/05/2019

Best Vendors Ever!

I wish I could rate them more than 5 stars! They truly made our wedding perfect. Tony and Mary went above and beyond for our big day and made the whole wedding process so easy and stress-free. They were involved in the set up of decor (in the venue and for our ceremony), officiating, and flowers. Everything turned out perfect, and honestly better than I could have imagined. They are detailed-oriented, but also fun to work with! I would recommend them to everyone and anyone!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Mara · Married on 05/04/2019

Absolutely amazing

We don’t even know where to begin with explaining how happy we are for choosing Tony to officiate our wedding. From the first time we contacted him, he was so professional, friendly, and fun to work with. He really takes the time to get to know his couples so that he can make their wedding personal and unique. We even had the opportunity to go to his home twice to meet with him and his wife (and dogs!), discuss our ideas, who we are as a couple, and get to know each other. Both of those visits felt like we were meeting up with an old friend and were so much fun! We had Tony present for our rehearsal the night before the wedding which went very smoothly and he made an effort to greet everyone there. Our actual wedding ceremony was more perfect than we could have imagined. He included so many little details about us that made it very personal and also is so mindful of keeping the focus on the couple and knowing exactly where to stand and when to step out of the couple’s space. We can’t even count how many guests told us how beautiful the ceremony was and how great Tony was. Several guests also told us they thought Tony was someone we had known for a long time from back home instead of someone we had only just recently met a few times. From the moment we met Tony, we would never recommend anyone else to perform a wedding ceremony!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Ally · Married on 05/04/2019

Tony was great!!

We met Tony, and his wife Mary at the OBX Bridal Expo and loved their good vibes and energy. After booking our venue and locking in our date Tony was the next vendor we booked and we were glad we did! Tony was very personal and felt like a long time friend! He had great suggestions on incorporating family and special moments into the ceremony. We were also extremely happy with the ceremony set up, lighting, and arbor that we also rented from Tony and I Do OBX. We received SO many compliments about how beautiful the ceremony was and how Tony did a great job making it very "us". We had our fur babies a part of our ceremony and when they decided to participate in the celebration with barking Tony was able to bring that into his script as if it was planned. Thank you so much Tony you truly made our wedding wonderful!!!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 33
    I Do OBX Weddings 34
    I Do OBX Weddings 35

Marykate Szilagyi · Married on 04/28/2019

Personal, Professional and Perfect!

Tony and his team are absolutely amazing! We were constantly in the loop, they go the extra mile and we thoroughly enjoyed planning/having our wedding with them! Tony goes above and beyond to personalize your day and made our wedding absolutely stunning! We were recommended to him, and let us recommend him to you!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • User3549217 · Recently married

These people are amazing

Our Florist joined forces with this company 4 months before our wedding... a blessing in disguise. 2 months before our wedding we lost our wedding venue. Thankfully we found a back up plan but we had to get married on the beach. Mary and Tony jumped right in to help!! They helped us with an arch, beach chairs and reception lighting for our new house and beach wedding that we found for our wedding. Not only were they accommodating 2 months before..... a day before we decided to change the wedding day because of Storms coming in! They jumped right in!! Mary felt like a family member by the end of our wedding week!!

Sent on 06/07/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 36
  • Kelly

Kelly Pendell · Married on 03/30/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

Wow! When booking our OBX wedding (on not a lot of notice) I didn't know where to start but after reading about Tony on his website I thought I'd reach out to him. He contacted me back the same day and after a 20 min phone call, I knew he could help make our day perfect. I immediately could tell how seriously he took his profession. From that day on, I e-mailed with Tony and his wife, Mary, about the details of our ceremony and always felt taken care of! When my husband and I met with Tony when we got down to the OBX the week of our wedding to finalize our ceremony, we laughed and cried together for about 1.5 hours. It was like we had known Tony for quite some time. Our families have said over and over how wonderful the ceremony was and we just couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I also used their company, I Do OBX Chairs for the ceremony set up (OMG beautiful) and worked with their florist, Gail, for our flowers. I just can't say enough good things about this team. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 04/26/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 37
    I Do OBX Weddings 38
    I Do OBX Weddings 39
    I Do OBX Weddings 40

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

I can'y put into words how honored I was to stand with you, Colin and you entire family:) Your day touched my heart. Many blessed years to the Pendell's!! Love you guys and keep in touch:)
  • Jeanette

Jeanette · Married on 03/30/2019

Jeanette Douglas

Tony was a awesome officiant who delivered a first class ceremony! He was so easy to work with and made sure the bride and grooms day was what they expected. I highly recommend his services. Thank you and your staff for everything from the officiant, the chairs, alter, decorations, and flowers. We loved everything about your services and you!

Sent on 05/03/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 41
    I Do OBX Weddings 42

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

So honored to have been a part of your daughter's wedding day Jeanette:) Had a blast getting to know Chalsy and Nicholas:) It was a perfect day and we will remember this one for a ling time. Thx for the pix:))
  • Janelle

Janelle Conley · Married on 03/16/2019

Archway, Bridal Bouquet, and Boutonniere were PERFECT!

Morgan and I hired I Do OBX Weddings to rent an archway as a focal point for our ceremony, as well as provide the bridal bouquet and groom's boutonniere. Throughout the process I worked with Tony, Mary, and Gail (florist). Tony and Mary were easy to work with. Since Gail was responsible for my bouquet and floral swag, I worked with her a bit more than Tony and Mary. Gail was exceptional to work with. She took all of the pictures and ideas I sent her and developed a bouquet and floral swag that was exactly what I wanted, but better. I cannot emphasize to you the joy I experienced looking at my gorgeous bouquet.

The day of the ceremony, the bouquet and boutonniere were delivered to my hotel room with ample time. I Do OBX took care of the setup of the arch and raked the sand prior to the ceremony, and they broke everything down post ceremony. They were respectful of our space during pictures and did not remove the arch until we were done using it as a backdrop for our photos. I am glad that I chose to do an arch for my ceremony and would recommend that you do the same if you're considering a beach ceremony. Additionally, I am pleased that I went with I Do OBX Weddings/Chairs because they not only recreated my vision, but did so beautifully and with minimal effort on my part.

Thank you Tony, Mary, and Gail for helping to make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 03/26/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 43
    I Do OBX Weddings 44
    I Do OBX Weddings 45
  • Davvon

Davvon Davidson · Married on 03/02/2019

Gods Blessing

Absolutely amazing!!! Tony did an amazing job with such a very short notice! He truly has a gift! We started our new chapter in life and Tony made the first day spectacular! With god in our lives and a new friend for life..... we thank you Tony!!! Terry & Davvon Davidson

Sent on 03/09/2019
    I Do OBX Weddings 46
    I Do OBX Weddings 47

Kaitlynn · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Vendor of the Day

Tony was absolutely incredible. He was flexible with us because we did change the time of our ceremony. He met with us a few days before the ceremony and walked us through everything and we felt so comfortable and at ease talking to him. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and you can tell he truly takes pride in what he does and the people he works with. We had multiple people come to us after the wedding and say what a great job he did. We truly loved having him as our officiant and making our ceremony a fairytale come true.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Cori Falls · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing experience!

We used I Do OBX Weddings for ceremony chairs, and driftwood arch and we also used Tony as our officiant. Tony and Mary were amazing to work with. They set up the chairs exactly as I requested and the driftwood arch was beautiful! Tony made the ceremony fun, relaxed and exactly as we wanted it. He was so nice to work with! You can tell he has a lot of experience officiating weddings. It also shows that he cares a lot about the couples that he works with. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get married at the OBX. They do an amazing job!!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/27/2018

The only officiant to use

Seriously my husband and I can't express how much we love Tony. He is so warm and welcoming & is just perfect at what he does. He truly makes your ceremony so sentimental & gets to know the couples he is marrying to make sure he does the best he can to capture the right mood for the ceremony. He is the only one to consider!

Sent on 11/06/2018

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

Mrs. Boyd! Thank you so much for those kind words and I am the lucky one to have had the honor to have stood with you and Jon on the beginning of your lives as husband and wife:)) Much love and happiness my friend!
  • Michelle

Michelle Brauch · Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommended

We chose to use I Do OBX based on the fact that they offered packages for a stress free experience. We chose the coastal elegance package and everything from chairs, arbor, aisle decorations, set up, breakdown, flowers (including the bouquet and boutonniere), and of course our officiant, Tony, was included. The ceremony went perfectly and our experience with Tony was out of this world. We met Tony just a few days before our wedding but it felt more personal than that. He truly made the day so special and I will recommend him and I Do OBX to anyone getting married in the Outer Banks. Thank you guys for a magical day.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Alyssa T. · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing! A pleasure to work with!

Tony and Mary were both amazing!! Tony officiated our wedding and we could not have asked for anything more. His words were emotional, personal and so incredibly thoughtful. Tony is a wonderful speaker and is so heart felt in his words. He truly does believe in and love what he does and it shows during the wedding ceremony. He met with my husband and I several times to make sure to get to know us and always went out of his way to make himself available when we were in town. Our arch was beautiful and so well constructed and our guests seating arrangements were well planned out and the beach was so well groomed for all of our guests. They thought of everything for the ceremony - chair set up, tide, wind, sand, weather etc. and we were so grateful. Mary did a beautiful job with the all of the bouquets and boutonnieres for our entire bridal party and matched it to the flowers on our arch. They both did an outstanding job with the interior decorating for our reception with the dimming lights and linen flair and and the lighting on the pier. They were both so responsive to questions and made planning from a distance so incredibly easy! They were quick with communication and gave recommendations for what they thought would be appropriate for our special day (which was very much appreciated)!! They were a very special part of our day and we are truly thankful to have had the pleasure to work with them!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2018

Tony was professional yet personable! He made us feel at ease and made our ceremony beautiful. He literally thought of everything - even little details that hadn't crossed our mind but made our big day all the more special. We couldn't have asked for anything more. We definitely recommend him to anyone getting married in the OBX!

Sent on 10/08/2018

I Do OBX Weddings's reply:

Thank you Meghan and I truly enjoyed every minute with you, Robert and Brynlee:) Such a beautiful day and can't wait to see some photos from Erin! Much Love to the Intartaglio's!