I Do OBX Weddings and Events Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda P. Married on 11/11/2022

Say Yes to IDoOBX!

I genuinely cannot express enough gratitude and appreciation for IDoOBX, Tony and Mary, and their team. We used many IDoOBX services, including Tony's officiating services, the drift away with me ceremony package, their florist, reception table decor, venue lighting/draping, and DJ Alec for the ceremony and reception music - They did an incredible job across the board! Having access to all of those services from one vendor and their online portal added so much ease as I planned my destination wedding from afar. Working with them was stress-free and a true pleasure. We were impressed by their dedication, professionalism, and efficiency. Mary was extremely communicative, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions I had, and Tony was such a warm and welcoming person. Tony met with us the day before our ceremony for the first time, but it quickly felt like we all really knew each other. IDoOBX was flexible and able to work with us when we had to delay the ceremony by 30 minutes due to bad weather, and they still made the day a dream from start to finish even with our Plan B ceremony inside. Many of our guests were impressed with Tony's personable officiating, raved about the ceremony, and danced the night away because the DJ set the atmosphere just right. I couldn't imagine being married by anyone else and highly recommend IDoOBX for all your wedding needs!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you for starting my day with a big smile on my face Amanda:) Loved standing with you and Bryce and we all wish you the very best in life and in love:)))
    Keep in touch!
  • Jannette
    Jannette L. Married on 10/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I do OBX definitely delivered a beautiful setting for our wedding day.

We could not have been more pleased with the choices service and prices. The company absolutely delivered what they had promised. Very professional and caring. Would highly recommend them to anyone including my own family so I can enjoy there services again!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

So happy for you and Colt! Thanks for the photos and so happy you two had a beautiful day for your wedding at Crew Quarters. Let's go out and have a drink together in the off season:)
    Much love and Happiness to the Coulter's:))
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Taylor D. Married on 10/22/2022

They were amazing!

They were amazing. They were professional and responsive. They listened to exactly what I wanted and provided that.

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you Taylor:) Honored to have been a part of your wedding day! Much love and happiness to you and you family:)
    Kirstin N. Married on 10/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A wonderful experience from start to finish

Tony was such a please to work with! From start to finish. He was so professional and you can really tell he loves what he does. He’s puts his everything into his work and the passion doesn’t go unnoticed. He was an amazing officiant and also has so much more to offer - arches, tables, lighting, etc. Very grateful for all he did for us making our day a dream. Thank you Tony ❤️

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Love what I do because of couples like you two, Kirstin:)) So honored to have stood with you and Paul on your wedding day with the people you love in your life. Beautiful weather and one I will keep close to my heart:) Much love and happiness to the Nowak's! Keep in touch!
  • Terri
    Terri F. Married on 10/21/2022

The Perfect Wedding For Us

Working with the awesome staff at IDOOBX for our destination wedding made the entire process so much easier. Their attentiveness and responsiveness was very much appreciated. Our coordinator, Mary Joseph, kept me on track with targeted details. Our officiant, Jake Schuster, was perfect for us and made the ceremony so sweet and special. He also recommended a great videographer, Nick Guzman, who was fantastic. We loved our driftwood arbor on the beach as well as the sand ceremony which was a perfect ending to the ceremony.

From first communication to last, IDOOBX was professional, pleasant and perfection. I highly recommend them if you’re considering getting married in the Outer Banks area!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

So happy that you day was just the way you had hoped Terri:) Loved helping you with your elopement and I will let everyone know that you were totally satisfied with what we did for you and John:)
    Much Love and Happiness!
    Janna L. Married on 10/21/2022

Highly recommend I Do OBX

We had a great experience using I Do OBX for our wedding ceremony setup! While our wedding was mostly DIY we are SO happy that the ceremony setup was done for us by I Do OBX. Other than filling out a short planning form through their easy to navigate online portal, the rest was taken care of and we didn't have to worry about anything on the day of. If only we had contacted them sooner we may have been able to contract them for more services - they book up fast and I can see why! We loved our ceremony setup and highly recommend I Do OBX.
  • Casey
    Casey P. Married on 10/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look No Further- Hire IDOOBX!!! Amazing company!

When we first met Tony, we were immediately greeted with a hug and a warm welcome. But our interactions with IDOOBX didn’t start there- when we first hired this amazing company, they were responsive, helpful, and made the entire wedding planning process so easy. My now husband and I live in Ohio- so we were planning a wedding with little to no insight as to how a beach wedding in NC worked! On top of that, my husband was deployed overseas during the majority of day planning. So, having a well experienced, helpful, and awesome company like IDOOBX only made sense! Choosing a package for our ceremony, dj, flowers, etc. was all so easy.

We met with Tony the week before our wedding. We got to meet him at his home office and he immediately made us feel welcome. He made the entire ceremony about US. He was thoughtful, kind, and considerate. He shared information about himself and his life, and allowed us to share with him, and made it easy and comfortable. The small details really mattered, for example he even thought about what he would wear that day as to not “blend in” with my white dress in photos! Something I didn’t even think about! We left so excited for our ceremony.

Our close family and friends at the rehearsal the day before our wedding got to meet Tony and all said how cool and fun he was! We only had good things to say.

Our guests at the wedding were amazed- multiple people approached Connor and I stating how personal and intentional Tony was. Every single word he spoke during the ceremony was truly meaningful.

We also wanted to give a warm thank you and appreciation to Alec - our DJ! Alec was and is SO AWESOME! He made the ceremony great and the reception even better. Our dance floor was NEVER empty. He music was on point and he helped with our games, etc.

If you are reading this and looking into hiring an officiant, wedding planning help, etc. for your upcoming wedding- Tony, Mary, Alec, and Kim (and all others!) at IDOOBX are amazing. I truly can’t recommend them enough!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You and Connor are the best and can't wait to see what y'all will accomplish together in life my friend! You two are meant to be and life will be such a great adventure for you two! We all love ya here and were so honored to have helped give you what you deserved, a perfect day getting married on the OBX!! Much love and happiness to the Church's:))
    Shannon Married on 10/15/2022

Truly amazing!

Tony is truly amazing and passionate at what he does. He strides for making sure your ceremony goes how you would like it and makes sure you are comfortable throughout it all. I can’t tell you how many people came up to us after our wedding highly complimenting Tony and saying they felt like they had known him their whole life. I can’t recommend him and his team enough!
  • Christine
    Christine K. Married on 10/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The attention given to us was unremarkable. Very responsive and great to work with.

Working with I Do OBX made our wedding day absolutely beautiful. We did not have any worries that the beach would be set up exactly how we wanted it and it was stunning. We received many compliments on the set up.
    Madison G. Married on 10/08/2022

Caring and individualized

Amazing experience! It went above and beyond my expectations. Everyone cared so much about us and even helped up in other areas that weren’t necessarily part of their service because they care about their couples.

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

So happy your day went great for you and Ryan! And glad we waited so you will have memories of your entire day to remember my friend! Much love and happiness to the Furcinito’s!!
  • Jessie
    Jessie Married on 10/02/2022

Mind blowing! Beautiful!!

It was the most beautiful Day with Family and Friends. Everything was over the top and beyond!! The decorations the vibe so perfectly done. The flowers blew my mind, they were incredibly gorgeous and Kristen listened and delivered! Tony and Mary, we love you and you really made our day special. The ceremony, setup and design simply amazing! Thank you to you and your team for helping make our wedding so beautiful and memorable. We Recommend I Do OBX, They deliver the best!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We all love you, James and your families! Thank you for some great memories that myself and all of us will keep close to our hearts. It was a perfect day in October! Can't wait to see some photos from Jonathan.
    We will see each other soon! Much love and happiness!
    Lisa V. Married on 09/24/2022

THe Most Perfect Day

Thank you so very much for making our Wedding the most perfect day. I will tell you that I wasnt able to see the set up due to time until I was literaly walking down the isle. It was so beautiful just as I pictured it. I can not thank you all enough!
    Krystle L. Married on 09/22/2022

Most amazing day!

Tony and Mary were great to work with! They were extremely helpfully thru the entire process. Tony did the most amazing job officiating our wedding and our guest have all complimented on how great he was as well. He was also very helpful when we had a slight hiccup with my florals but he and Kristin both came to the rescue and made the best of a stressful situation. I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in doing a wedding in the Outerbanks!!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We had a perfect day for you, Kevin, Kaylee, Emmet, Hazel and Arlo:)) It was an honor to help you and your family have a perfect wedding day in Rodanthe! Much love an happiness to the Sawyer's!!
    Tina T. Married on 09/19/2022

Even Better Than I Hoped

I could not have been more pleased by how beautiful my wedding arch and bouquet was for my wedding. I gave a rough idea of what I wanted and let them take it away and I was sooo happy with how it turned out. They were easy to work with and helped me make decisions along the way. 10/10 recommend!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

So happy you were thrilled and I will make sure the I Do OBX Team knows how happy you were with everything they did for you Tina:)
    Much love and happiness to you!
  • Nicole
    Nicole L. Married on 09/18/2022

Our Wedding

I Do OBX made everything really easy and we got our dream wedding! Tony was above and beyond and made the ceremony personalized and perfect.

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Honored Nicole and thank you for having us be a part of your wedding day! Much love and happiness to you and Charlie!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca N. Married on 09/15/2022

The beach wedding of our dreams-Thanks to I Do OBX

Are you looking for a team that will help make your wedding vision come to life? If so, I Do OBX is who you have been looking for to do just that! I would recommend I Do OBX to anyone getting married in OBX. Tony and his team at I Do OBX are very professional, responsive and know how to make your wedding day special and all about the couple. We had a small intimate wedding with close family and friends, and the set up on the beach was BREATHTAKING!! From the chairs, to the arch, and the flowers, everything was perfect. They work with you to make sure everything you want in your wedding is included. I thought I would be nervous and stressed on my wedding day because I wanted everything to be perfect, but I was not stressed or nervous one bit. I Do OBX took care of everything so all you have to do is show up to your wedding and enjoy every moment of it. I loved that we met with Tony our officiant a few days before our wedding to get a rundown of the day, that helped ease away any nervousness we had prior. Thank you Tony and the I Do OBX team, you helped Jack and I have the beach wedding of our dreams, it was everything we had dreamed of and more!

-Rebecca & Jack

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

So happy to have been a part of your new beginning as husband and wife, Rebecca:) Thank you so much and we wish you and Jack all the very best in your lives:))
    To the Newman's!!
    Brittany C. Married on 09/13/2022

Gavin wedding

We wanted a small wedding on the beach but wanted the traditional aesthetics: flowers, arbor, chairs, etc. This company exceeded the expectations! Since we are from Pennsylvania, we had to rely on electronic communication and had no way of seeing anything in person beforehand. Our setup looked exactly like the photos on the website and the flower arrangements were absolutely stunning! Everyone that attended commented on how beautiful everything looked. The men that set it up were punctual and professional. It helped make the day seamless and we were very grateful for it. We would 10 out of 10 recommend this company!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

So happy you were happy Brittany:) Love our Pa couples and I will let the crew know how happy you were with everything!
    Much love and happiness to you and Michael:))
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 09/10/2022

Extremely satisfied!

Working with I Do OBX made our wedding planning from-a-distance incredibly easy. They were extremely responsive to all our inquiries leading up to the wedding and offered great suggestions when we asked for their advice (especially Mary Joseph).

Being from out-of-town, their all encompassing service eliminated a lot of stress by allowing us to plan multiple aspects (officiation, flowers, ceremony setup, and lighting) all at once. On the big day, their setup and delivery (to both the ceremony and reception sites) were timely and efficient, and the decor, lighting, and floral arrangements were all gorgeous (a special shoutout to Kim Stetson for her wonderful floral designs and suggestions!).

On the day of the rehearsal, we sat down with our officiant Tony Joseph to review the details of our ceremony. He offered many different vow and reading options for us to use as inspiration. Once we chose some that we felt best reflected our tastes, he spoke with us to gain a better understanding of our relationship. Tony used that knowledge to personalize the readings and vows to better fit us.

Tony was incredibly respectful of our beliefs and wishes while we customized the ceremony. He came prepared with multiple questions for us for customization options that we had never considered, but which were much appreciated. We never felt as though we were being led towards any particular choices and on the day of the wedding his words made us feel as though he had known us for much longer.

Tony also brought a calming presence to the ceremony and suggested some wonderful touches. For example, while reciting our vows, he would quietly step to the side so that our guests and photographer had an unobstructed view of us with the ocean behind us. This small action made the ceremony feel more intimate between my wife and I because it never felt as though Tony was encroaching in our space. These were the little touches that made IDoOBX so wonderful to work with; their care and attention to detail was so appreciated.

We highly, highly recommend working with Tony and the I Do OBX team for your wedding. We really can’t recommend them highly enough! They make so many aspects of your wedding seamless and stress-free. Their attitudes were so wonderful and kind, Mary, Tony and their team served as a tremendous help during our wedding.
    -Matt and Emily

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You two are awesome:) Thank you so much for the time you took to let everyone know that the I Do OBX family got to the next level to make sure our couples get what they deserve, their dream wedding coming true:) Love you two and please keep in touch!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey J. Married on 09/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best officiant in the OBX!

Tony was such a pleasure to work with! He is so kind and such a joy and really took his time to get to know us as a couple! We had many compliments all night about his performance during the ceremony, and I loved how he made sure to let us shine as a couple, and move during the important picture moments! He really went above and beyond working with us and is extremely flexible with all religious beliefs. We never felt any pressure at all about expressing what kind of ceremony we wanted and love how he gave many suggestions regarding the ceremony that we would have never thought about. Not only did he officiate our wedding, he and his team helped with many other aspects of the wedding. Without him, our dream wouldn’t have come alive and there’s no way we could have pulled off my dream wedding vision. I can’t recommend Tony and his team enough for Al of the hard work and preparation they did for us!
  • Shannon
    Shannon D. Married on 09/04/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing from start to finish!

Mary and the entire team at I Do OBX Weddings were wonderful in every way! From the very beginning, they were responsive to emails and easy to communicate with. Everyone that I spoke with was incredibly friendly and patient. They helped me figure out exactly what rentals I needed to my dream wedding come to life. On wedding day, my rentals were set up exactly as we had discusses, and everything looked amazing! The team at I Do OBX has plenty of experience in OBX weddings, and I would highly recommend working with them!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You're the best Shannon and thank you for having us be a part of you OBX Wedding! So happy for you and Rob:)
    Much love and happiness to the McClain's!!
  • Ryan
    Ryan G. Married on 09/03/2022

Amazing Across the Board

I Do OBX was amazing and really made our wedding special. They worked with us for two years after our initial wedding was canceled due to COVID and were always super responsive and professional. We utilized their company for the ceremony setup/takedown, for the flowers, for the DJ and for the officiating services they offer. Every single thing was done perfectly and made our day amazing. Mary was super responsive and beyond helpful in getting everything setup and ensuring all the pieces came together. Tony (our officiant) was beyond amazing and every family member and friend talked about how they assumed he’d been a family friend for years even though we only had time to meet once before the wedding via zoom. The flowers supplied were beautiful and exactly what we had in mind. And the DJ Alec was super accommodating and kept the dance floor alive and the reception flowing perfectly! If you want your wedding day to be stress free and to feel perfect then we would recommend I Do OBX for certain.

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We all were so happy to get your's and Alicia's wedding day on the Outer banks beaches just like you had hoped it would be:) We did it and we sure do love you guys and wish you the very best in life!
    Keep in touch!
  • Krystle
    Krystle A. Married on 09/01/2022

Absolutely amazing!

Tony and his team at ‘I Do OBX Wedding & Events’ made our dreams come to life. Everything from beginning to end was how we envisioned it to be and more. Tony took the time to get to know us and personalized our ceremony to fit us and our story. He made us laugh, and made us cry, and we couldn’t have dreamt of a more perfect and beautiful day!

Mrs. Armstrong:))
    Thank you for trusting us on your wedding on the Outer banks:) We all had a great time helping you have you dream wedding with your toes in the sand with your best friend Joe!
    Keep in touch and much love and happiness!
    Donald B. Married on 08/28/2022

Expectations Exceeded With Entire I DO OBX Team and Package

From first contact with Mary from I Do OBX to the end of the wedding the process was easy, simple, supportive, and caring. Our Officiant, Ceremony Rentals, Florals, Lighting, and DJ were all through them and every piece turned out like we had envisioned our magical day. I appreciate the communications and responsiveness of the team and all they put into our wedding while helping reduce some of our stress with planning.
    Specifically I want to mention Tony Joseph as our Officiant was beyond anything we could have expected. His lighthearted and genuinely engaging demeanor helped us and our guests enjoy the moment more than we could have hoped for. I never expected when we were planning a wedding that afterwards we would have received so may compliments about our Officiant but it just shows how exceptional Tony is and what he can bring to any wedding.

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You made my day Don and It was an honor to stand with you and Elena:) Hope your Dad just had a shoulder bruise and he is doing well. Send some pic when you get them back from Vitali! I will let my team know about your kind words and my lovely wife Mary:)
    To the Burden's:)) Much Love and happiness!
  • Lisa
    Lisa D. Married on 08/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Second wedding, better than the first

Wow, what can I say about idoobx? I found them on a Google search . We live in NJ and have vacationed at OBX for many years. This was my second marriage and I wanted a small intimate wedding while on vacation. This company was amazing, great communication , was I touch with us every step of the way. They took care of everything, I just showed up on the beach where my fiancée was waiting! We had a last minute glitch where the original site was not available approx 1 hour before the wedding. Idoobx found another spot quickly , and we stayed on schedule. Tony delivered a beautiful service for us which we will never forget. Flowers were beautiful. I would highly recommend this service! 10 stars!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We all had a blast helping you and Joseph have you intimate elegant ceremony with your toes in the sand Lisa:)
    Thank you for trusting us and much love and happiness to the Dorner's:))
illustration stars