I Do OBX Weddings and Events Reviews

637 | Kitty Hawk, NC

637 Reviews for I Do OBX Weddings and Events

• Stefan

Stefan T. · Getting married on 07/08/2022

The Wedding of Our Dreams.

There are SO many great things to say about this company. First, their professionalism, as evident from their website, is second to none. Tony and his support staff treat everyone as if they are family and are dedicated to making your day the most memorable day possible. If someone were to ask my wife and I what we enjoyed the most, we would say that we really enjoyed the fact that Tony and his staff really listened to the words that were coming out of our mouths. Marlys and I applaud their flexibility and couldn't be happier with how things went on the evening of our special day. Tony, thank you for EVERYTHING and it was truly an honor to have you out there with us.

Stefan & Marlys

Sent on 09/08/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Mary and I see you two doing amazing things together! We loved getting to know you both and were honored to help make your intimate beach wedding on the OBX come to life for you and your families. Please keep in touch with us and so looking forward to hearing about the great things you and Marlys will be doing as husband and wife! To the Toneisson's as I spell it! HA!
  • Rachel

Rachel C. · Getting married on 04/09/2022

Made our day perfect!

Working with I DO OBX was one of the best decisions we have made for our wedding. Tony was wonderful in communicating with us and was extremely detailed throughout the entire process. Tony married us and we are so happy with our choice in officiants! The ceremony was beautiful, and I had several guests compliment how well they thought Tony did as the officiant. Tony took the time to get to know us and make the ceremony personable to us. I DO OBX was super flexible with rescheduling due to COVID and took away all of our stressors. Communication was excellent throughout the entire process. Gail did our florals, and they were gorgeous! She did exactly what I had visioned for our bouquets and ceremony arch. The ceremony décor was beautiful, and I am beyond happy with how it all turned out. We were able to have our dream wedding thanks to the crew at I DO OBX!

Sent on 10/04/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

I loved yours and Alex's personalities and truly was honored to stand with you and soak in all that love you showed for each other on your wedding day! And loved your wine ceremony! You two are the best and I owe you a night out the next time you are on the OBX:))
    To the Ciekots!!
  • Yvonne

Yvonne D. · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Exceeded all of our expectations!

Tony, Mary and Gail far exceeded our expectations throughout the process! They true are all are so kind and go out of the way to make your dreams come true. I cannot thank them enough for maintaining contact with us throughout the pandemic and working with us to make our day absolutely perfect. They made each step of the process incredibly simple and truly made us feel special in how personalized the ceremony was. Tony personally called me several times to work out details (officiant), made our dream of marrying on the beach possible, and even video called us the week of to be sure we felt comfortable and that we were happy with the vow renewal ceremony he wrote for us. Gail is the florist and put together exactly what I was looking for and was blown away the day of (it was more beautiful than I had imagined). Mary handled all of our payments and fine details and was nothing short of amazing. The team who set up and dismantled the arch were considerate and professional and were sure to double check with not only the photographer but with us before they began the process. If you choose to work with these incredible people, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/19/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You guys are the best and so happy you had a beautiful day for your vow renewal day on the Outer Banks! Wishing you many more vow renewals together. Much love and happiness to the Burgess's!
    Love you guys!
  • Samantha

Samantha S. · Getting married on 03/06/2022

The Perfect Day With The Perfect Officiant

Tony, Mary, Gail and the whole I Do OBX Crew helped make our wedding day stress free and perfect. Throughout the whole process Mary and Tony were so amazing. They were flexible, knowledgable, and reliable. Even through a pandemic my husband and I knew that we had nothing to worry about on our special day. I can honestly say that my husband and I consider Tony and Mary family! If you want the best, pick I Do OBX Weddings & Events. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/02/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Yes, you are family and we love you guys. And what a surprise we had with the Sahara dust in the air for your sunrise ceremony:)
    Can't wait to watch you two have a wonderful life that you both deserve:) Together forever:)
  • Laura

Laura M. · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Absolutely stunning!

Tony was so kind and thoughtful, and really followed through with every last detail to ensure that we had the perfect day. The arch was stunning, the flowers were gorgeous, and even the details that went into decorating the aisle were absolutely perfect. Tony gave us suggestions for local restaurants, photographers, and musicians that also played a role in our perfect day. I Do OBX did everything they could to make our day perfect and they 100% succeeded!!

Sent on 08/01/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You and Alyx made it easy for us, Laura:) What a perfect evening it was and we all are grateful to have been a part of making your wedding day everything you were hoping it to be:)
    To the Pasquale's:)) Much love and happiness!

Kelli C. · Getting married on 11/10/2021

Simply the best!

We can’t begin to say enough wonderful things about Tony and his wife Mary! We planned a wedding from another state and they made it super easy, stress free and couldn’t of been more helpful. I Do OBX wedding and events is one of a kind and would highly recommend them. When we arrived in North Carolina from New York, Tony came to meet us since we never met in person. He was so welcoming and easy to talk too. He sat with us for a couple hours just getting to know each other before sharing in our wedding day. By the end of our conversation it was like he was family friend. We were so lucky and honored to have had Tony marry us and it will be a day that we will cherish forever!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • MaeJean

Maejean D. · Getting married on 09/18/2021

Tony is amazing!

Where do I start?! With Tony’s help, we were able to have our dream wedding planned and executed within two months! He and his team took so much stress out of wedding planning and everything was beautiful! From florals, to decorations, to chairs, photography, hair and make up... everything! He made it easy to ask questions and make last minute changes. We were so happy with our wedding! If we had to do it all over again, we would choose him!

Sent on 04/19/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you my friend and we all were honored to have been a part of your wedding day on the beaches of the OBX! Much love and happiness to the Bullock’s :))

Dani H. · Getting married on 08/21/2021

I Do OBX Weddings & Events

Mary, Tony, and Gail from I Do OBX Weddings were absolutely amazing right from the beginning. Tony and Mary both took the time to get to know us and tailor our ceremony and reception to exactly what we were looking for. Gail's selection for our flower arrangements were perfect and unique. Mary was always there to answer the many questions we had and gave us recommendations for the other vendors that were needed to complete our day. The I Do OBX Wedding set up crew for the ceremony and reception were fantastic. Tony officiated our wedding and we could not have found a better person to marry us. Tony was very professional, laid back, made us feel like family, and made our experience very memorable. The whole team went above and beyond for us, we highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Well, we love you Dani and your beautiful wife Suzanne:) I will remember your day forever and we hope to see you both again on the OBX soon! Loved your vision and can't wait to see Ryan's photos. Love you guy and wishing you the very best in life! You deserve it!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey M. · Married on 06/26/2021

As easy as it gets!

I cannot say enough good things about I Do OBX! Mary and her team were amazing from the very start. Because we live 4 hours away from OBX we had a lot of questions and needed overall guidance. Mary never let us down and was always SO responsive. She answered all of my endless questions and gave so many wonderful suggestions. The morning if our wedding, our entire wedding party got to relax and hang out at the beach until it was time to get ready. When you are that stress free on your wedding day, you have without a doubt found the right vendor! Mary called and talked with me two days before the wedding and even had a delivery driver bring our flowers to the place where we were getting ready. We booked the coastal elegance package with a few floral upgrades. From Mary, to her floral team and delivery staff, they were all so helpful! BOOK THEM! You will not regret it!

Sent on 07/12/2021
  • Danielle

Danielle H. · Married on 06/17/2021

Amazing, beautiful

Tony was EXACTLY what we were looking for when planning our wedding for the 4th time. He was very friendly and attentive. He took the time to get to know us personally and quickly became family.

Sent on 06/17/2021
  • Heather

Heather G. · Married on 06/12/2021

Amazing!!!

Tony, Mary, Gail, and staff!
    Thank you so much for making our wedding so easy peasy and BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely loved the flowers! They are just what I was imagining! Tony and Mary were so responsive and helpful even outside of decorating! We were an out of state Wedding but everything was so beautiful! The staff who decorated were so friendly! Alec, thank you for being so kind to us! Everyone did a wonderful job and we would 100% recommend to everyone! You guys were amazing!

Sent on 06/14/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We are so happy that your day was everything you had hoped it to be Heather and I will let Alec and the crew know. So happy for you and Jonathan:) To the Gaddis's:)))
  • Rachael

Rachael P. · Married on 06/09/2021

Incredible

Everything happens for a reason... We, like so many others, had our previous destination wedding canceled due to COVID. We decided three months before our wedding to move everything to the Outer Banks, cue Tony and Mary. They were so patient and thorough explaining everything to us for our June 9th wedding. Tony made our ceremony so personal and special. It felt like he knew us for years! Mary, thank you for your time and patience answering all of our questions! We never once felt like we weren't sure what was going on. They also helped us find our other amazing vendors. Everything truly happens for a reason and we were meant to have our wedding in the Outer Banks with I DO OBX. Shout out to Gail for making the flowers of my dreams. She executed the pictures I sent her to perfection! Lastly, thank you to the set-up team we appreciate your hard work to get everything ready and in place before the storm rolled in. Everything was perfect! Thank you all again!

Sent on 06/19/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We are so glad that our paths crossed and we all found each other at the right time to make your dream wedding come true on the OBX:) I was so honored to stand with you and Justin! Had a blast with you two and our entire team loved being a part of your wedding day. And we got it in perfect timing before the storms rolled in. Little frizzle of rain which is goof luck:) To the Kieffer's!!
  • Bethany

Bethany D. · Married on 06/05/2021

OBX Caribbean Jewel Wedding

I Do OBX was extremely helpful when it came to planning our last minute wedding. We had last minute changes with flowers and chairs and they were very flexible. Our flowers were amazing and the set up was beautiful. We could not be happier with the final result. I would recommend them to any couple that is getting married at the Outer Banks.

Sent on 07/12/2020
  • Krystina

Krystina · Married on 06/05/2021

Unlike any other

We absolutely loved Mary and Tony ! I can not say enough about this company or these two wonderful people. The first day we met with Tony in person it instantly felt like we were meeting with family , as if we had met before. He catered to what we wanted and asked questions I never even thought of. He was on top of everything and even though we were sure it was going to rain during our time He knew what to look for he knew when we needed to be out there and that it needed to be 30 minutes earlier just to miss the rain and even though it was 100% supposed to rain on that beach it just did not and it started as soon as we were leaving the beach. They both made my wedding beautiful and made it happen even when everything that day had been chaos. I will recommend them to friends to family and to whomever I can because my review is very honest and I want people to understand from our experience no other company we have met with for probably any type of party or event even for this wedding prior to us choosing, had ever made us feel comfortable and thought of the way Tony and Mary did. Every detail was spot on and even better. Please book them you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/02/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We did it Terry:) Thank you for those kind words and we sure did have some fun that day getting it in between rain drops and making Krystina and Evans beach wedding come true:) You guys are awesome! Please keep in touch next time y'all are on the beach. Many blessed happy years to the Mr. and Mrs, Kuhn!

Emily B. · Married on 06/04/2021

Perfection

Tony and his crew are amazing at what they do!! All of my guests raved about how much they enjoyed our ceremony and how Tony is one of the best officiants they have seen. Highly recommend if you don’t want to worry about anything for your ceremony on your special day!

Sent on 06/06/2021

Thank you Mrs. Bender!
    Really enjoyed my time with you and Kody:) We all were honored to help you have your dream OBX wedding in the 4x4 and we cant wait to see more photos of your wedding day! Please keep in touch and many happy, blessed years together:)

Allison B. · Married on 05/30/2021

Beautiful job!

The I Do OBX team was wonderful to work with. They are a one stop shop. They did a beautiful job with the decor, setting up and flowers! We are from out of state and they made planning very easy! Would highly recommend I Do OBX!

Sent on 06/02/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you Mrs. Schaefer:)) Thank for having us and to help you with you wedding at the Kitty Hawk Pier:) We all were honored:)
    Much love and happiness to the Schaefer's!!
  • Kelly

Kelly S. · Married on 05/29/2021

Picture Perfect

From the very first phone call with Tony and team, Shannon and I knew we made the right decision. We never felt forced into any direction we hadn't envisioned. The details we hadn't thought of, IDoOBX thought of for us. Their reputation showed from the compliments of the other vendors - who all seemed like family. The farm tables were stunning- and a beautiful compliment to the simple, but rustic look we were going for. The hex on the beach was gorgeous and the flowers to boot. I couldn't be happier with the choice to work with Tony, Mary and Gail. I can't wait to come back and spend time with them - and those are the kinds of vendors you want. They're not just vendors. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 06/08/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

And you two were the best to work with and become friends with:) You two deserve the very best in life and we cant wait to see your photos of how stunning you two are together! To Shannon and Kelly! We love you guys! Party time with us next time you are on the beach:)
  • Brianna

Brianna P. · Married on 05/28/2021

Ward Wedding 2021

Tony and Mary and their I Do OBX crew were beyond amazing. They have been like family since day one and we could not have asked for better vendors to be standing by our side on our big day. They were very professional and educated on all they had to offer. They took our wedding dream and brought it to life. When COVID hit and postponed our wedding they were there checking in on us the whole time. We are so grateful that we chose them to be part of our wedding team and cannot wait to visit them when we return to OBX.

Sent on 07/13/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

All of us here at I Do OBX are so thankful you chose us to be a part of your wedding day Brianna:) We loved you, Ryan and your families!
    Thank you for the photos and can't wait to see more:)
    Much love and happiness from I Do OBX!

Tammy M. · Married on 05/23/2021

Tony Joseph was wonderful!

It was not easy getting an officiant to respond to us in a timely manner anywhere on the Outer Banks. Tony was very busy but still made time to see us and talk to us and make our wedding extra special. He’s also a great guy and fun to hang out with— wish he could’ve spent more time with us. But we appreciate him making our wedding even more special.

Sent on 06/27/2021
  • Michael

Michael K. · Married on 05/19/2021

Wonderful company for your wedding day

Tony and the crew did a fabulous job with the set up and then officiating at out ceremony.
    Many of the people attending commented on what a wonderful and professional job he did with the vows.
    The flowers that were selected for the arch were fantastic and picked out with Mary and my wife together.
    If you are looking for someone to preform your ceremony I would say you need to look at IDOOBX.com

Sent on 05/24/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Had a great time getting to know you and Bev, Mike:) And had a blast marrying you on Rodanthe Pier! Not many people can say that:)
    All the best to you both!
  • Catie

Catie A. · Married on 05/12/2021

Amazing service !

I can not say enough to how amazing the entire iDoOBX team is!

Our original wedding was postponed due to covid restrictions last year. Tony and his team stayed in touch the entire year and kept us in the loop with what was happening down in the Outer Banks.

Mary answered every single one of my panicking emails calmly and quickly. She truly made me feel at ease, especially with planning a wedding 600 miles away from home.

Gail went over every single detail of the flowers for my arch and bouquet, they were even more stunning in person. She does amazing work!

Tony met with us before the wedding to go over how the day would go and he made you feel like you were talking to an old friend. We knew exactly what would happen on the day of the wedding and it took away any anxieties we had about what the day would hold.

The team they had to set up the tables and chairs were extremely polite and hard working. They set up everything in the cold and rain; and when we had to last minute move everything inside they quickly had everything taken care of! They made sure everything was exactly how I’d pictured and made sure I was doing okay since I was a little upset about the weather!

All in all, I could have never had such a dream wedding if it wasn’t for this team! Although the weather didn’t cooperate it was still a beautiful amazing day and I can not thank Tony, Mary, Gail and the crew enough!!

Sent on 05/21/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We love the Asimenios's!! Thank you for your kind words and also having us be blessed to be a part of your wedding day. We finally did it together! Much love and happiness to you and your family my friend:))

Andrew · Married on 05/04/2021

Where do we even begin!? Tony was all that we could of asked for! He made the wedding ceremony so special by adding personal details involving our "story". He spoke loud and clear and was just all around perfect. If you are having a wedding, pick him! Also for anyone who golfs, Tony was able to get us two different tee times at the Currituck Country Club at a members fee ($60) vs a non member fee of $95. As the groom I was able to golf for free both times so it was awesome! Tony, Thank you so so much and we would love to catch up next summer when we visit! You are the best!!!

Andrew and Megan

Sent on 11/02/2015
  • Sam

Sam A. · Married on 05/01/2021

the perfect experience!

if your looking for the perfect addition for your wedding day search no further. from the day i walked into my venue before i even picked a date i knew i needed i do obx for my wedding day. they were SO incredibly easy to work with & did an outstanding job with my ceremony and reception set up. mary handled all my reservations and was super quick to respond & was always so helpful. tony is amazing at what he does too! i couldn’t recommend or thank you enough.

Sent on 05/09/2021

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

I was so happy to meet y'all at the end of the night and we were all honored to help you vision come to life Samantha:) All of us here at I Do OBX wish you and Matthew the very best in life and in love!

Jenna C. · Married on 04/30/2021

Amazing Crew

I had the pleasure of working with Tony + Mary on my wedding one month ago. We booked them to handle our ceremony setup and most of our reception setup, decor and all of or flowers. We also had the pleasure of having Tony officiate our ceremony. They were incredibly kind, responsive and helpful during our entire process and made time to meet with us on multiple occasions before the big day. Their crew got everything setup perfectly for us and everything looked beautiful day of. Being a wedding vendor myself I knew I wanted to book credible vendors and I can 100% say it will make your day 10x less stressful to have trust in your vendors.

Besides our rentals I am so glad we found Tony to be our officiant. It is very clear he cares a lot about his couples and making sure they are comfortable with everything about their ceremony. He met with us and went over everything, asked us questions about what was important to us and even made sure he picked an outfit that would compliment our color scheme etc. We got many compliments on our ceremony when it was done and we couldn't be happier.

I highly recommend using I Do OBX as they are a great team and being able to bundle multiple things through one company is incredibly helpful.

Sent on 05/24/2021