I Do OBX Weddings and Events Reviews

573 | Kitty Hawk, NC

573 Reviews for I Do OBX Weddings and Events

• Stefan

Stefan Theunissen · Getting married on 07/08/2022

The Wedding of Our Dreams.

There are SO many great things to say about this company. First, their professionalism, as evident from their website, is second to none. Tony and his support staff treat everyone as if they are family and are dedicated to making your day the most memorable day possible. If someone were to ask my wife and I what we enjoyed the most, we would say that we really enjoyed the fact that Tony and his staff really listened to the words that were coming out of our mouths. Marlys and I applaud their flexibility and couldn't be happier with how things went on the evening of our special day. Tony, thank you for EVERYTHING and it was truly an honor to have you out there with us.

Stefan & Marlys

Sent on 09/08/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Mary and I see you two doing amazing things together! We loved getting to know you both and were honored to help make your intimate beach wedding on the OBX come to life for you and your families. Please keep in touch with us and so looking forward to hearing about the great things you and Marlys will be doing as husband and wife! To the Toneisson's as I spell it! HA!

E. Nichols · Getting married on 07/07/2022

A Dream Come True

Working with I Do OBX was the best decision we made! They worked with us through every curve ball that was thrown our way and pulled off the wedding of our dreams. From the ceremony set-up and flowers, to the reception decor (table decor, draping, & lighting) we trusted them wholeheartedly and they did not disappoint. Tony, Mary, and Gail are a top-notch team and I would recommend them to any and everybody. Thank you for giving us a day that we will never forget!

Sent on 08/05/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We did it Elizabeth:)) So happy for you and Jonathan! You deserved it and we all thank you for you kind words:) We all never gave up on your vision and know you two are going to have a wonderful life together:) Keep in touch! Much Love and happiness!
  • Yvonne

Yvonne Don Burgess · Getting married on 04/08/2022

Exceeded all of our expectations!

Tony, Mary and Gail far exceeded our expectations throughout the process! They true are all are so kind and go out of the way to make your dreams come true. I cannot thank them enough for maintaining contact with us throughout the pandemic and working with us to make our day absolutely perfect. They made each step of the process incredibly simple and truly made us feel special in how personalized the ceremony was. Tony personally called me several times to work out details (officiant), made our dream of marrying on the beach possible, and even video called us the week of to be sure we felt comfortable and that we were happy with the vow renewal ceremony he wrote for us. Gail is the florist and put together exactly what I was looking for and was blown away the day of (it was more beautiful than I had imagined). Mary handled all of our payments and fine details and was nothing short of amazing. The team who set up and dismantled the arch were considerate and professional and were sure to double check with not only the photographer but with us before they began the process. If you choose to work with these incredible people, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/19/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You guys are the best and so happy you had a beautiful day for your vow renewal day on the Outer Banks! Wishing you many more vow renewals together. Much love and happiness to the Burgess's!
    Love you guys!
  • Samantha

Samantha Sgavicchio · Getting married on 03/06/2022

The Perfect Day With The Perfect Officiant

Tony, Mary, Gail and the whole I Do OBX Crew helped make our wedding day stress free and perfect. Throughout the whole process Mary and Tony were so amazing. They were flexible, knowledgable, and reliable. Even through a pandemic my husband and I knew that we had nothing to worry about on our special day. I can honestly say that my husband and I consider Tony and Mary family! If you want the best, pick I Do OBX Weddings & Events. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/02/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Yes, you are family and we love you guys. And what a surprise we had with the Sahara dust in the air for your sunrise ceremony:)
    Can't wait to watch you two have a wonderful life that you both deserve:) Together forever:)
  • Laura

Laura Malcolm · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Absolutely stunning!

Tony was so kind and thoughtful, and really followed through with every last detail to ensure that we had the perfect day. The arch was stunning, the flowers were gorgeous, and even the details that went into decorating the aisle were absolutely perfect. Tony gave us suggestions for local restaurants, photographers, and musicians that also played a role in our perfect day. I Do OBX did everything they could to make our day perfect and they 100% succeeded!!

Sent on 08/01/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You and Alyx made it easy for us, Laura:) What a perfect evening it was and we all are grateful to have been a part of making your wedding day everything you were hoping it to be:)
    To the Pasquale's:)) Much love and happiness!
  • Bethany

Bethany Dorwart · Getting married on 06/05/2021

OBX Caribbean Jewel Wedding

I Do OBX was extremely helpful when it came to planning our last minute wedding. We had last minute changes with flowers and chairs and they were very flexible. Our flowers were amazing and the set up was beautiful. We could not be happier with the final result. I would recommend them to any couple that is getting married at the Outer Banks.

Sent on 07/12/2020
  • Krystina

krystina · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Unlike any other

We absolutely loved Mary and Tony ! I can not say enough about this company or these two wonderful people. The first day we met with Tony in person it instantly felt like we were meeting with family , as if we had met before. He catered to what we wanted and asked questions I never even thought of. He was on top of everything and even though we were sure it was going to rain during our time He knew what to look for he knew when we needed to be out there and that it needed to be 30 minutes earlier just to miss the rain and even though it was 100% supposed to rain on that beach it just did not and it started as soon as we were leaving the beach. They both made my wedding beautiful and made it happen even when everything that day had been chaos. I will recommend them to friends to family and to whomever I can because my review is very honest and I want people to understand from our experience no other company we have met with for probably any type of party or event even for this wedding prior to us choosing, had ever made us feel comfortable and thought of the way Tony and Mary did. Every detail was spot on and even better. Please book them you will not regret it!

Sent on 09/02/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We did it Terry:) Thank you for those kind words and we sure did have some fun that day getting it in between rain drops and making Krystina and Evans beach wedding come true:) You guys are awesome! Please keep in touch next time y'all are on the beach. Many blessed happy years to the Mr. and Mrs, Kuhn!

alyssa bilter · Getting married on 04/10/2021

I LOVE Tony & Mary :)

The recommendation for I Do OBX came from Samantha & Taylor from Coastyle Weddings & Events. I can't thank them enough for leading me to them, Tony & Mary are AWESOME! They have made us feel like friends rather than just clients. We have booked them for our wedding in April of 2021. We could not have found anyone better to marry us, I am so excited to see the arbor at the ceremony set up and how amazing the reception is going to look, I can't wait!

Sent on 08/26/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We can't wait for your big April celebration Alyssa:)) We are going to have a wonderful day together:)
    Love you guys!
  • Jolene

Jolene Shives · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Absolutely Perfect!

Tony was absolutely wonderful to work with! We had a very small, intimate ceremony and he understood my vision perfectly. Tony picked up on our personalities and made our ceremony not only special, but light and fun as well, it was truly everything we could have wanted and more!

Sent on 09/22/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Had a great time with you and your family in the Carova 4x4:) Loved being a part of your day and also your vision you had my friend:) Please keep in touch and wishing you and Tony many many blessed years together!
  • Sarah

Sarah Ball · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Ceremony was BEAUTIFUL & beyond my expectations!!!

We were BLOWN AWAY by Tony's professionalism, skill and amazing ability to eloquently speak our story! We had almost all of our guests comment on how beautiful, memorable and unique our ceremony was and it was a HUGE thanks to Tony's natural ability and gift to put our love and journey into words! He exceeded all of our expectations and beyond!!
    First, he had great communication from the day we signed up to our wedding day.
    Second, he took time out of his day to meet with us at the Black Stallion (since we were down for the week from PA) and we took over an hour to talk about logistics, details such as wind direction so the girl's and my hair wouldn't be in our face (who would of guessed??), to go over our story and readings in more detail and more! He really made us feel at ease and comfortable with the process of ring exchange and vow books, since we wrote our own.
    Our ceremony was at the soundfront at the Currituck Club and Tony was very knowledgable of the location and gave us great tips. The ceremony was emotional, deep and also had a flare of humor, which had everyone was so captivated. The only regret I have is that we didn't film our ceremony with a videographer..still kicking myself a month later!!! Thank you again Tony for the MOST memorable day of our life! You need to do yourself a favor and book Tony now, he was the best vendor we booked!!!

Sent on 10/28/2019

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Much love my friend and you and Daniel were a gift to me in letting me stand with you on your wedding day. Thank you so much for your awesome words and I hope to see you, Daniel and meet Chase on the beach next time you are here on the OBX!
  • Amy

Amy Bravewater · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Professional under Pressure!

I can't say enough positive things about our experience with this company. Not only were they actually ahead of schedule with our setup, they were interrupted during the process by a significant car collision with their parked truck (which was not their fault!), and still managed to complete everything and keep us informed the whole time! Everything turned out beautifully, and made our ceremony very special. From start to finish, everyone we interacted with was extremely responsive and helpful. Seriously, you want these folks on your team if you are planning an event!

Sent on 10/30/2019

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Amy:) First off we were honored and thank you for those kind words:) Mary and I are so happy everything went well despite Big Mama, (Our box Truck) getting towed away from your job:) You guys are the best! Much Love and happiness to you both!

Briana Keane · Getting married on 02/10/2021

I Do OBX is Amazing!

I DO OBX is the best! Mary, Gail and Tony were so easy to work with. They took our vision and turned into a dream come true.I especially loved that they could practically do everything, its like a one stop shop from chairs, arches, flowers, lighting to hanging fabric for the reception. The best part is that they come back after all the fun and clean up. I can not say enough about them. Best pick on The Outer Banks!

Sent on 03/25/2020

Bryan J Veale · Getting married on 12/05/2020

I Do OBX was without a doubt the absolute best...

We were very fortunate to connect with Tony and Mary from “I Do OBX” very early on in our wedding planning process. To say that it was good fortune does not appropriately reflect how grateful we were to have them be a part of it and to participate in the planning process. They very quickly became our go-to solution for any number of items that popped up during the planning process. Just so you understand what services they were able to provide for us:
    1. Ceremony Seating, Arch and Setup
    2. Officiant – Tony Joseph (Exceeded our expectations time after time)
    3. Welcome Dinner and Reception Lighting
    4. Coordination for Flowers of ALL types: table settings, boutonnieres, bracelets, crowns/headbands
    As you can see, they had us covered in a number of different areas. The impression I want to leave you with in this review is that “I Do OBX” absolutely blew us away with every part of our event they participated in. The setup for the wedding was absolutely gorgeous and Tony took the time to ensure that our ceremony was exactly what we were hoping for. When it came time for the ceremony, he just absolutely NAILED what we were looking for…
    We were absolutely blown away with how precise, professional and personal everything they touched turned out to be and in hindsight cannot imagine not having them as a part of our day/weekend. If you are considering them for your wedding, we absolutely have no reservation recommending them personally…
    They have our contact information and should you want to talk to someone who has worked with them as a reference, we have given them permission to use us (just reference our wedding 5/24/2019). While a simple thank you to Tony, Mary and Team does not feel adequate, we will say it again and again and again because they were a BIG reason we walked away from the event blown away that not a single thing would we change in hindsight, including our decision to work with I Do OBX.
    Bryan and Meredith

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Kivi · Getting married on 11/07/2020

DREAM vendor - book them now!!

This team is a DREAM to work with! Their customer service exceeded all of my expectations. On my first call with Mary Joseph and Tony, I explained my vision and our budget and they were full of ideas and suggestions for how to make our quick-COVID wedding a dream come true. Tony even offered my Dad his cell phone number to discuss the tide schedule and ceremony plan. They were quick to respond to all emails throughout the process and truly made me feel heard and special! On the day of, the set-up team was on time and very professional. They spent lots of time and care making sure everything was set up perfectly for us and our guests to be comfortable. They even made sure to ask our photographer if she'd gotten all the ceremony site shots she needed before dismantling the arbor. We danced under the twinkle lights all night long! IDoOBX truly made our 21 person COVID wedding feel like a real, professional event and were shockingly affordable. Best money we spent on our day, hands down! BOOK THEM NOW!!

Sent on 09/15/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much Kaitlyn and we were honored to help make your intimate wedding on the OBX everything you and Eric were hoping it to be:) Keep in touch and let us know the next time you're on the OBX and send Mary some pics:))
    Much love and happiness to the Llewellyn's!!

Diann Caviness · Getting married on 10/07/2020

The best you can find anywhere!

Our daughter’s wedding came close to being one of Covid 19 victims. Originally scheduled for May 15, it had to be postponed to July 10. We all held our breath hoping it would even happen then. Our venue, The Pierhouse at Kitty Hawk, NC (Hilton Gardens) and the special decorating created by I DoOBX Wedding and Events, thankfully were both able to change to our new date with no problem at all.
    With the change of date, also came changes in the way the event had to take place to make sure we all stayed within CDC guidelines. Social distancing, no buffets, masks and hand sanitizers all had to be provided. Although we had to have the reception in the ballroom instead of the Pierhouse because of the 50% capacity regulations, the event was fantastic, and the ballroom was breathtaking. The room was beautifully decorated by I DoOBX Wedding and Events, with draping and twinkle lights to create a magical ambiance. The ceremony was picture perfect on the Kitty Hawk Pier. IDoOBX Weddings and Events provided the inspirational driftwood arch as the focal point white chairs, and the wine barrel with the welcome sign and directions.
    I can’t speak highly enough of all the vendors that made our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding such a success. My daughter said it best, “it was perfect.” After the stress of the pandemic, the stress of re-arranging wedding plans and other personal setbacks, the wedding came off without a hitch. Everyone was so helpful down to even finding clear bubble umbrellas, should the tropical storm Fay decide to come ashore. Thank goodness it did not, and the sky was picture perfect blue.

Sent on 07/13/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We did Diann:) We were honored to have been there for Julie and Kevin and so happy they had a perfect day on the Outer Banks for their ceremony and reception. They sure deserved it:) Great working with you and we hope to see y'all on the OBX again in the future to hang out together:) Much love and happiness to you!
  • Amber

Amber King · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Perfect! Tony, Mary and Gail were all amazing! We couldn’t thank them enough for everything! Everything was more than what we ever imagined!

Sent on 09/02/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you my friend and we had a blast making it that way for you and Joey! Many blessed years together and keep in touch when you are on the OBX:))
  • Leann

Leann Bridges · Married on 09/13/2020

Sean and Leann Bridges

I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful wedding!!! The ceremony was so full of love and everything was perfect

Sent on 09/20/2020

Rebecca Moore · Married on 09/12/2020

Highly recommend I Do OBX

Tony was amazing and made us feel so comfortable during our ceremony! We had a very small/intimate wedding so we wanted to have a very simple but meaningful ceremony and Tony did just that for us! We feel that he personalized everything perfectly for our wedding. We are from Virginia so we did not know what to expect since we are not from the area, but we were blown away by Tony & Mary’s responsiveness to our questions/concerns prior to the big day. It could not have been a more pleasant experience, thank you :)

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Rosa

Rosa Piccolino · Married on 08/30/2020

Tony Joseph is awesome

Tony Joseph made our ceremony so very special. He was friendly, professional, very attentive to detail, and a lot of fun. He helped us with every part of the ceremony and had such beautiful words to say. Our guests also let us know what a great job he did. Such a pleasure to have had him as our officiant!

Sent on 09/09/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Rosa:) loved getting to know you and Anthony and it was my honor to stand with you on your wedding day:) I know you two will be doing great things together and hope to see you again on the beaches of the OBX:) To the Mastrantino's:))
  • Marianna

Marianna Broz · Married on 08/28/2020

Awesome ceremony design, flowers, and reception decor!

Mary was amazing to work with, especially since I was having to plan everything over the phone and online as this was a destination wedding. She provided plenty of pictures of different options in a timely manner and was always quick to respond. My flowers, the lighting and drapery, and the ceremony design exceeded all of my expectations. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 09/06/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was truly our pleasure to be a part of your day at the Kitty Hawk Pier!

Erin Gorzkowski · Married on 08/22/2020

Amazing experience

They did an amazing job capturing our special day and making it all about US. I would definitely recommend them to anyone that is looking to get married on the beach!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

Thanks Erin and we sure enjoyed making your wedding visions come true:) Much Love and happiness to you both:)
  • Keara

Keara Martzen · Married on 08/21/2020

Simply Amazing!

We used I Do OBX Wedding & Events for our ceremony decor, reception draping/lighting, florals, and officiant. I cannot express how awesome they were during the entire process!

We were planning our wedding from 300+ miles away and were really looking for vendors that were responsive through email/texts during the planning process. I Do OBX was definitely that vendor! Tony, Mary, and Gail are beyond amazing and were always quick to touch base about any changes or thoughts they had for our draping/lighting/florals. When we had to postpone our wedding due to the pandemic, they were accommodating and worked with us on a new date and a new venue. We had to make quite a few changes, some super last minute, to accommodate the pandemic and they were super flexible and understanding. It couldn't have been easier!

The arch and florals at our ceremony were stunning and the draping Tony did at our reception was soft and romantic. Most importantly, Tony's officiant style was perfect. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and really made the ceremony personal and intimate. We're so thankful we got to know the Josephs and had the opportunity to work with them. They're truly wonderful, genuine people. We recommend them and their team without hesitation.

Sent on 09/04/2020

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

You and Tyler are truly wonderful people and you will probably be the only couple that I have the honor to present as husband and wife twice! HA:) Won't ever forget that my friend:) Love you both and so happy your day went awesome because you two deserve it:)
    To Mr. and Mrs. Cosgrave!!
  • Aileen

Aileen Burgos · Married on 08/20/2020

Incredible

WOW, what an amazing company. We cannot say enough good things about them. Mary and Tony helped us plan a wedding all the way from New Jersey and their execution on our wedding day was flawless. Naturally we were nervous about planning a wedding from so far away, but I DO OBX made the entire process a breeze! Their dedication to us was evident from the first moment we sat down with them and started making plans for our big day. They were able to offer us everything from officiating services to reception rentals/decor, lighting, and flowers. Most importantly, we were able to sit back and enjoy it! The I DO OBX crew took care of everything the day of, we did not have to lift a finger. Tony did a wonderful job as an officiant and he made our ceremony feel relaxed and special. Mary was right by his side making sure things ran as smoothly as possible. I would also like to mention Gail, I DO OBX’s florist, who provided us with the most beautiful flowers. We are forever grateful and so so lucky to have found I DO OBX, and we recommend Mary, Tony, Gail and their services and expertise to anyone and everyone planning an Outer Banks wedding!

I Do OBX Weddings and Events's reply:

We feel very lucky to have connected with y'all as well and so happy you and your family had a beautiful day in the Carova 4x4 for your wedding day:)
    Please keep in touch and we hope to see you again in the near future!
    Much love and happiness:))
  • Chris

Chris Peacher · Married on 08/19/2020

You need idoobx

We worked with IDoOBX to provide chairs, arch, flowers, and lighting. Gail was fantastic with the flowers. We had a phone call with her, provided some pictures and the arrangements we got were absolutely beautiful!

Working with Mary and Tony for the chairs, arch, and lighting was a breeze. Mary was so responsive throughout the whole process. Because of COVID, we had to postpone and Mary was so understanding and helpful when picking the new date. We ended up losing our venue a month before the wedding due to corona restrictions, and again Mary and Tony were rockstars. They assisted us in attempting to find new accommodations on top of being beyond supportive of the whole situation.

The day of our wedding, bad weather struck, and Tony was on the phone with me talking game plans and putting out good vibes which ended up working!

I can’t stress enough how unbelievable the whole team was from start to finish. At no point did we ever feel like just another client to them, you can feel how deeply they care about you, your day, and making it the best it absolutely can be. We’re so incredibly thankful for the entire IDoOBX team and proud to call them friends after all of this.