I Do Ceremonies Reviews

I Do Ceremonies 4
I Do Ceremonies 5
I Do Ceremonies 6

Travis · Married on 04/25/2014

My wife and I are failing to find enough superlatives to express our gratitude and sheer appreciation for Stephen's service on our special day. Allow me to paint the proverbial picture.

On April 22, 2014, I walked up to Stephen, who just so happened to be my manager at the time, and requested a day off of work. His smile morphed into a chuckle as he stated "That's a huge favor given the workload that we're facing". I smiled as well, knowing that indeed this statement was an undeniable truth. I went on to explain to him that my fiancé and I were closing on our first house in 3 days and I would like to spend the first night in that home as husband and wife.

Again, he looked at me with his infectious smile and said "Not only can you have the day off but if you have not made any arrangements yet I would be honored to marry the two of you myself".

I came home and shared the good news with my (then) fiancé. Needless to say; my wife and I were then faced with the responsibility of putting together a wedding in THREE DAYS. {Stress!!}

Stephen walked us through the entire process and kept both us calm. He showed the upmost professionalism even given the fact that we did not email him the wedding proceedings and vows until 3 hours before the actual ceremony...

The wedding ceremony went flawlessly!!! Even I was impressed and I was aware of his need for perfection given the fact that I had the pleasure of observing him in his day job.

In the interest of brevity, I will wrap this review up by saying that not only is Stephen an excellent wedding officiant but a great man as well. I would recommend him to family, friends, and if/when my wife and I renew our vows....Stephen we WILL be calling you!!!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

rochelle · Married on 03/29/2014

Stephen was absolutely fantastic. He was very professional but also knew how to lighten the mood. We couldn't ask for a better officiant for our wedding. 10+ stars.

Sent on 06/23/2014
  • W

William · Married on 03/23/2014

Don't hesitate to have Stephen do the ceremony at your wedding. 5 minutes after we met with him, we called him back to book. He did an amazing job at the ceremony, we even incorporated several special traditions into it with no problem. He is extremely flexible, lets you create your own wording for everything, and also provides complete outlines as examples that you can simply cut and paste or add to to make it truly your own. He is always quick to respond with phone calls, text, and or emails. Our ceremony was about 25 minutes, kinda long, but that's what we wanted and Stephen never disagreed, just performed it without a hitch, even adding a couple funny remarks to help break the nervous energy we had. Everyone loved how the ceremony went, and we owe that to Stephen without a doubt. With all the other things to take care of for a wedding, let Stephen put your mind at ease as he did ours. He even mails your marriage certificate out for you, one less thing to worry about.
    Thanks again Stephen!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Brianna · Married on 03/22/2014

Stephen was AH-MAZING!! He was very flexible and has such great ideas for creating a one-of-a-kind ceremony experience. We found the wine box ceremony as an alternative unity ceremony idea on his site and still have our guests raving about how romantic and sweet it was. We were more than pleased with Stephen's personality as we wanted to include some traditional elements while still staying true to the laid-back, fun people we are, and he really helped bring everything together while still keeping the ceremony light with moments of laughter. He has so many great sample ideas of ceremonies on his site that it makes it so incredibly easy to build your own ceremony (if you so choose, he also offers to build one around your taste). From the very first phone call I had with Stephen, I knew he was the man to marry us, and I couldn't be happier with the way everything came together, we were in such good hands. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Kelly · Married on 03/15/2014

We could not be more happy with our decision to have Stephen be our officiant at our wedding. Stephen is awesome! We highly recommend him and his services!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Amber · Married on 03/02/2014

I would highly recommend Stephen. He did a wonderful job officiating our wedding and helped us create a personalized and meaningful ceremony that was exactly what we wanted. We planned the entire wedding from out of state, and Stephen was very responsive via email and phone. It was extremely helpful having such a responsive officiant with so many great online resources.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Nicole · Married on 03/01/2014

I can't begin to thank Stephen enough for all he did to make our wedding day special!!! The first time we met Stephen we knew that he would be the one for our wedding! He was knowledgeable, personable, flexible, and professional. Stephen communicated with me on a daily basis as I took on the challenge of planning a wedding! Stephen provided me with so many ideas of what we could do to make our wedding special. The ceremony was truly ours as he incorporated beautiful words about our children and the meaning of family, and the family prayer was amazing!!! Our family and friends were in high praises of our officiant! He truly became an intricate part of our wedding day! I can't imagine the day without him!

Sent on 03/17/2014
  • I

Irisa · Married on 02/22/2014

Stephen Simmons was the perfect choice to officiate our wedding. He is extremely professional, friendly, prompt and open to whatever wedding needs you have. He also conducts rehearsals and makes sure everyone in your bridal party understands what they will need to do on the big day. My husband and I cannot say better things about Stephen and our experience with him. He has a natural charm and makes everyone feel at ease with his charismatic personality and passion for his work. If you are looking for someone to give you the perfect ceremony without any stress or worries, Stephen is your man.

Sent on 03/18/2014

He was so amazing!!! I highly recommend him

Sent on 02/12/2014

Tracy · Married on 01/04/2014

Stephan is super cool! From the moment we met him we knew we wanted him to marry us. He was very personable and easy to work. He was always able to accommodate us with our busy schedules, from our first consultation to the rehearsal. We discussed the vision we wanted for our wedding and he brought it together perfectly. He put together a superb blend of thoughtful, spiritual and light hearted messages. We received so many compliments from our guests about how well he performed our ceremony. We feel so blessed and thankful to have had him perform our wedding. Thanks again Stephen!

Sent on 01/25/2014
  • jessica

Jessica · Married on 12/21/2013

Stephen helped the entire process of planning with his help and feedback on the ceremony to getting us all of the information we needed to get our marriage license.

Sent on 01/12/2014

Becky · Married on 12/16/2013

Stephen Simmons assisted my daughter and son-in-law in writing their vows, which were beautiful. Thank you Stephen for helping to make this day extra special for them, and for all of us!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Steve · Married on 11/23/2013

I met and signed Stephen as my officiant for my wedding the same day I saw him. He was very accommodating and incredibly flexible. He was always available to help on planning the ceremony. He was also able to pick up on our personality style. Having him as my officiant was one of the best highlight of the wedding ceremony.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Stephen was an excellent officiant and very open to our ideas and wants. We had a simple ceremony but customised it to what we wanted. Stephen was very helpful in providing an outline that we could use to make the wedding our own. The ceremony itself was fun and we appreciated Stephen's jovial nature.

Sent on 11/15/2013
  • User3120030 · 2+ years ago

We selected Stephen as our officiant for our wedding and are so pleased that we did! When we first met for the consultation, he really made us feel comfortable and totally at ease with the process - talking us through each step and patiently answering any of our questions. When he started impersonating the minister in Princess Bride, we knew he'd be awesome! His website provides a wealth of great information and he helped us fine tune each part of the ceremony to truly reflect us as a couple. He was prompt, on time and responsive, and I'd recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I got married with Stephen Simmons as our Officiant/Minister and he was a wonderful! We couldn't have hoped for a better minister for our ceremony. From our first meeting with him I could tell he was exactly what we were looking for. He was very flexible and willing to accommodate all of our requests. His replies to us were always fast and helpful. His website was a wealth of knowledge and resources as well, and with that and his expertise, it helped us to create the perfect ceremony. His prices were extremely fair and reasonable. I would highly recommend Stephen to any couples looking for a professional, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly officiant/minister for their wedding!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Darlena · Married on 10/26/2013

Reverend Simmons was absolutely incredible. I cannot more highly recommend his services and say what an amazing man he is.
    From the first meeting to a follow up after our wedding, he was always available and so very helpful.

We met Rev. Simmons at an open house at Chateau on the Creek and my husband and I were very impressed by what he offered. We chose to meet one on one later so we could get to know eachother and delve into details how Rev. Simmons would make our most special day a reality.

Rev. Simmons' website is EXTREMELY user friendly - allowing the bride and groom to plan from the first moment of the ceremony to the end. He offers a wide range of ceremony wording, readings, unity ceremonies, ring exchange ceremonies and helps with vows should you not want to write your own.

We heard from him very often as he checked in and lent assistance. Last minute life events occurred and I called Rev. Simmons 2 days before the wedding make slight changes. All of which were incorporated and made perfect.

I highly recommend Rev. Simmon's services to anyone getting married. His pricing is extremely fair, especially for the outstanding work he provides. When my husband was having a hard time getting through his vows (which Rev Simmons printed and provided) he lightened the mood allowing my husband to finish strong.

My nani - a devote Catholic - later told us Rev. Simmons did a better job than she could have dreamed her priest would have done. A true compliment and accolade.

I suggest just to meet with Rev. Simmons or visit his website if you're looking for an officiant. You will not be disapointed.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Patricia · Married on 10/26/2013

Reverend Simmons far exceeded my expectations of his role in my daughter's wedding. He listened to her and her (now husband)'s plans and went far above what was asked of him. He was very flexible when a tragic event happened just 3 days before the wedding and adjusted his ministry accordingly and with compassion. Every single one of my guests commented on how wonderful the service was. I would definitely recommend him to any person seeking an officiant for their vows. I hope to use his services again.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Kayla · Married on 10/20/2013

My husband and I are so blessed to have had Rev. Stephen Simmons as our minister/officiant for our October 20th wedding. After meeting him for the first time, we knew that he would help to make our wedding day special. What we valued most during our planning process was Rev. Simmons' dependability, flexibility, service-oriented attitude, and professionalism. Rev. Simmons gave us an exciting opportunity to write our own vows and tailor the ceremony to fit our personalities. Our beautiful wedding came to fruition thanks to the help of Rev. Simmons. We greatly appreciate his care, compassion, and his sentiment toward making our wedding ceremony all that we desired it to be. Thank you Rev. Simmons!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Allison · Married on 10/19/2013

Stephen Simmons brought to our ceremony a personal reflection of our relationship that no other service could provide. The ceremony was beautiful and he did an excellent job. Everyone really enjoyed him! He was very personable and very easy to work with. Stephen Simmons was very organized and professional throughout the process. Charlie and I were so happy to find Stephen Simmons to officiate our ceremony. We highly recommend Stephen Simmons!

Charlie & Allison Lombardi 10/19/2013

Sent on 10/29/2013

Halima · Married on 10/17/2013

We chose Stephen to be our officiant a few months before our wedding, and from the first time we met I knew we were in good hands!

Stephen assured us he would help us create a meaningful, personal, and fun ceremony. And he delivered on every promise! Stephen's website has so many helpful resources and examples of wedding ceremonies that came in handy when my husband and I were putting together our ceremony.

Stephen was always on top of things and made sure we got our marriage licence on time, and he kept it from the rehearsal to the wedding day to make sure we didn't forget it!

During our ceremony Stephen made my husband and I feel at ease from the nervousness and excitement. We got so many compliments about our personal and touching ceremony. We are still getting compliments on what a wonderful job Stephen did with our wedding ceremony!

I, unfortunately, hired an awful day of coordinator which was evident during our rehearsal. I let all my wedding party and family know that if Stephen says something, his word goes- not our awful day of coordinator.

I cannot recommend Stephen enough! Do yourself a favor and choose Stephen as your officiant!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/10/2013

“Mr. Stephen Simmons, the ceremony was beautiful & everything we dreamed of. You have made a day full of memories & family even more memorable by your caring, thoughtful, & loving words. You knew how to personalize it & have fun, all of which Johnathan & I appreciate. In short, you were WONDERFUL!!
    Johnathan & Michelle

Sent on 10/28/2013

Haley · Married on 09/28/2013

Stephen was very helpful and personable during the whole process of our engagement and wedding. He guided my husband and I on what to do, and how to do it. I thought the website was extremely helpful, since it has so many examples and suggestions from other ceremonies. I would definitely reccommend him.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2013

Stephen did a fantastic job at our wedding. He is very helpful with an wedding questions you might have, he even helps with your coordinating and timing of groomsmen and bridesmaids which can be very helpful! He provided us with a heartfelt ceremony that we will remember forever. We have gotten many compliments on how great he was from our family members as well.

We would highly recommend Stephen to anyone in need of an officiant.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Tessa · Married on 09/15/2013

Stephen was awesome! His website allows you to mix n match your whole ceremony. So whether you are religious or not he is perfect for you and affordable too!
    My now husband got really nervous right before he walked to the alter. He ask Stephen and his best man to keep him on even keel. His best man helped but he would never have made it thru the ceremony w/o Stephen. Everytime he would see hubby starting to loose it he would make a joke or do something to bring him back.
    I am not religious and was very aprehensive about choosing an officiant. We didn't want someone that would pressure us toward a religious ceremony. And Stephen was perfect, he asked if we wanted traditional or religious ceremony, once we answered it was never spoken of again. He made us feel really comfortable the entire way through.

Sent on 10/29/2013