Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago Reviews

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 4
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 5

Natalie Salman · Married on 07/28/2019

It was perfect!

As soon as we met with the coordinator at the Hyatt, we knew we wanted to have our reception there! The venue is absolutely stunning. Most importantly, their event coordinator. Calix was so accommodating, professional, and made sure everything was going smoothly during the planning, during the event and even followed up afterwards. Even with last minute changes, the wedding was executed amazingly on their end. He and the staff ensured all our guests were enjoying their time and that everything came together perfectly. The setup was exactly as we wanted.The evening was perfect. The food was AMAZING! Thank you for making our big day stress free and absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago's reply:

Thank you for choosing us to host such an important day. We are happy to hear we met your expectations and your wedding was truly a beautiful sight to see. You did a fantastic job and we enjoyed the journey of putting it all together perfectly with you. Congratulations to you both!
  • Palmo

Palmo Tenzin · Married on 07/20/2019

Magical Garden Themed Tented Reception

My wedding at the Sapphire Pavilion at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg was absolutely perfect and it really was my dream wedding come true! Calix Aguilar was great to work with from the beginning - very professional, prompt in responding to my emails and inquiries, and went out of his way to fill in for the day-of coordinator role since I didn't have budget for a wedding planner / coordinator. The Sapphire Pavilion tent at the Hyatt is a hidden gem, and it was the perfect venue for my vision of having an outdoor, organic, nature, rustic reception. The best part was the tent is technically outdoors but it's also fully air conditioned. We took formal bridal party photos down the street at Busse Woods which was beautiful and fit with my nature theme. Thanks to Calix and Hyatt Regency-Schaumburg for the amazing service throughout the months-long planning process!

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 6
    Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 7
    Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 8
    Sent on 08/05/2019

Trupti · Married on 06/16/2018

Suki and the team at the Hyatt were absolutely outstanding. My husband and I do not live in the area and Suki made every effort to ensure that all of our wedding planning could be done via email and phone. With a wedding of 450 guests, Suki and her team went above and beyond to ensure not only the wedding family and party were taken care of but also the guests. The Hyatt did an excellent job meeting us half way with negotiable rates and we couldn’t be happier to have such a beautiful wedding at the Hyatt. The guest rooms, Couple suite, and venue have been renovated to give you a modern classic flare and our decorations went perfectly with the ambiance. Thank you Suki and Schaumburg Hyatt team!!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Kristine · Married on 02/17/2018

The Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg made my wedding the most amazing experience! They were very accommodating to me and my guests. From the beginning they were always willing to make this day special. They were very responsive and were always on top of things. Any details that would come up, they were able to change and make it they way we wanted! I am so happy we chose to have them host the most amazing day of my life!

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 9
    Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 10
    Sent on 02/19/2018

shirley · Married on 02/17/2018

What a wonderful experience! Just loved that our daughter had her wedding here and Suki helped us feel confident everything would be on target. The wedding from the ceremony to the reception was so classy and just so very pleased. They Hyatt makes it such a wonderful time for your wedding and family and guests! The inside and the outside make for great pictures. Very accommodating and friendly staff! Thank you Suki your the best!

Russ and Shirley Koehn Koehn/Rausch Wedding

Sent on 03/02/2018

Shasta · Married on 12/09/2017

Nothing but good things to say about everyone at Hyatt Regency for my wedding this past weekend. Suki and Melissa were the best people I could have asked for the assist with making my day so perfect and PERFECT IT WAS. Maybe it was because my wedding was a little over a year long planning process, but at some point I really felt like Melissa (and Suki even though she joined our team later) were looking out for me like they would a friend and special guest not just a "customer." They both really cared so much about making sure that everything was exactly as I and my husband wanted it and they met all those expectations and more! We also had some rather different requests which they also handled excellently to make sure our day went through without a hitch. The guests all really enjoyed their rooms and they were reasonably priced. Check in and out went smoothly for everyone. We also had our rehearsal dinner here the night before the wedding because we just loved working with everyone so much and we knew we were going to be taken care of. You will not find better people or better team to work with for the entire process from decorations, the floor diagram, food, catering, EVERYTHING. My guests (and vendors-DJs, Photographer, & Videographer) all raved about the food! They are awesome and really put in the effort to make sure you get what you want and are happy. Our wedding was in Mahogany Ballroom and the rehearsal (as well as cocktail hour) in Cyan room and both were beautiful. For any party/celebration, definitely consider the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg and let them make your dreams come true and your day that much more special.

Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 11
    Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 12
    Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 13
    Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago 14
    Sent on 12/15/2017

Andrea · Married on 10/03/2015

We were planning our first child’s marriage and we had very high expectations for the reception venue because we wanted the room to be beautiful, the food to be delicious, the service to great and the venue accommodating to our needs and to the needs of our guests (279 people). Well, Irene Rosenberg and all the staff at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg far exceeded all my expectations. Throughout the year of planning, whenever I had a question Irene was quick to respond and eager to please. She was the perfect balance between sweetness and efficiency. Her attention to detail alleviated any fears I had of anything going wrong at the reception. Every person who had a special meal (vegetarian, gluten free) received their meals without a glitch. When we met with the Hyatt for our menu selection my daughter, the bride, did not care for the asparagus we chose to server our guests so, the Hyatt provided broccoli for her instead. When one of guests needed to be in a hotel room with their baby, the wait staff brought the meal to her room. Everything was done with a smile.
    We added up lights and a draped back drop behind the head table. And all were installed to perfection. I have been at other banquet facilities where the back drop looked like it had seen better days, but the one that the Hyatt provided was stunning! The cocktail hour was held in the lobby and the high ceilings and unique lighting made the experience magical. I have been to many weddings at fancy venues including the Ritz Carlton and the Palmer House and I can honestly say our experience at the Hyatt topped them all! Thanks, Irene and the rest of the staff!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Nathan · Married on 05/31/2014

Great place! Our wedding coordinator did great from the time we booked this place until the big day.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Sandy · Married on 09/21/2013

The Hyatt Regency in Schaumburg is absolutely gorgeous. Their event planner is wonderful and patient. Our wedding was absolutely perfect in every regard. It was really difficult to select the perfect venue, as there are so many venues to choose from. I was totally happy with my choice and would recommend the Hyatt Regency to anyone!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Tina · Married on 06/16/2012

I cannot say enough amazing things about our wedding reception at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield. Although the outside doesn't look like much, the inside is very cool and modern. Lauri was a dream to work with. She was responsive, and had a "can do" attitude. She was quick to answer all of our questions and calm any of our fears. She definitely went above and beyond the call of duty by fulfilling my lengthy list of tasks for the wedding day with a smile.

The food was AMAZING. We got so many compliments about the meals. It was definitely one of the best wedding meals I have ever had.

The staff was super hard working and provided the most excellent service. They were attentive, and they even packed up all of our things for us at the end of the night! They definitely exceeded our expectations. All of our vases from the florist were rental pieces, so we really expected to have to gather them up at the end of the night ourselves, but they did that all for us, saving us from a lot of headaches at the end of the night.

The rooms were great, too. Honestly, if you are looking for a nice, elegant event, look at the Hyatt. They were great from beginning to end, and I could not be happier that we chose to have our wedding there!!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Stefanie · Married on 08/23/2008

Dear Katie Dyer (Catering),

We would like to thank you for all of your wonderful help during our wedding planning, and our fairy tale day! It was such a great time getting to know you and planning all of the details to make our day so perfect for us. We couldn’t be happier with the outcome and are so appreciative of everything you helped us with. A heartfelt thanks to you!

Stef & Mike Scherenberg
    8/23/08

Sent on 11/13/2008

Overall, our experience with the Hyatt was a very good one. Our initial coordinator, Lauri, left the Hyatt roughly a month before our wedding, so we did have a few hiccups that came along with the change in personnel, but Amy and Irene (who took over) managed to handle most of the issues that came up quite smoothly. The only real problem we had - and the reason for the missing half stars above - is that we booked our rehearsal lunch here for the Friday before our wedding and they got the date wrong (they expected us the next day) and did not have our meal prepared; However, they did everything they could to make this right including allowing us to order whatever we wished from the restaurant and a complimentary champagne toast.

Sent on 09/03/2014

kelly · Married on 09/01/2012

I am so glad I went with the Hyatt Regency, mostly because of their wedding coordinator, Lauri. I didn't have my own wedding planner or anything, but Lauri essentially filled that spot. She took care of so many things and details, and made the entire day run smoothly. She was very easy to work with, and responded to all of my emails very quickly. She really put me at ease. She's so sweet and based on the amount of attention I received from her, I felt like I was the only bride she had to deal with. She even worked with her linen person to get a new color of fabric to match my bridesmaid dresses, after we couldn't find anything in her book. Overall, Lauri was a tremendous help to my wedding, and I don't think it would have gone nearly as well without her. Lauri went above and beyond all of my expectations.

The Hyatt Regency itself was great. The decor matched our colors well, so that was an original selling point for us. I also loved having a hotel attached to our reception hall. It was nice to just go upstairs after the whole thing was over, and not worry about having to drive anywhere. Also, we got many compliments on the food. I follow a mostly vegan diet, so I had a special meal prepared for me, which was also fantastic. Our guests loved their meals, and the potato gnocchi starter was a hit.

The only problem we had with the Hyatt was when we got there. At about 5pm, we arrived at the hotel, and attempted to check in. When we went to the front desk, we were told that there were no rooms ready for us. The people before us had requested a late check out, but they were supposed to be out by 2pm. The desk clerk told us they would go and "remove" them from the room, and then clean it. We told him this was not acceptable and asked for a manager. Magically, a room became available, but only after we ended up standing there for about 15 minutes. A slight hitch, but I was surprised that they hadn't planned for us. Overall though, I was very happy with everything.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Very nice place that we stayed at. Our room was beautiful very spacious and clean.

Sent on 11/08/2012

Jamie · Married on 09/05/2009

Very flexible to work with. Friendly staff. A few hiccups through the night that were handled with the next day in a post-reception meeting. Overall, very happy with the service and what was included in the wedding package for the price. Tax is extremely high in Schaumburg which was a downfall.

Sent on 03/25/2010
  • MrsD2011

Amy · Married on 10/08/2011

3.5

They were absolutely amazing! Our caterer coordinator was absolutely amazing and she was so flexible and every time I received an email from her or saw her, she always knew who I was and exactly what I was trying to go for. My only issue was we had to pay extra for a lot of the decorations because they do not provide them. So I had to go to another company to get my decorations done and I would of preferred it to be a truly inclusive package with decorations included. But other than that, the food was amazing, the staff was professional and I felt like we were truly cared about throughout the whole wedding planning process.

Sent on 12/01/2011

Emily · Married on 08/05/2005

3.5

They were exceptionally flexible. When my church lost my paperwork, they found a space for me to have the ceremony at the Hyatt. The food was... actually good! We still get complements on the steak! A good value.

The cake was good the day of, but I would not recommend saving it a year in the freezer. Not that good.

Sent on 03/06/2008

Kathryn · Married on 06/27/2009

3.5

Beautifully modern and organic atmosphere for a person looking for a modern reception venue. Excellent food and service. All guests were impressed by the venue and service. Everything ran smoothly and to the "T" of what I hoped for. Would recommend using them!

Sent on 08/05/2009

Stefani · Married on 05/24/2009

2.6
      2.5
      2.0

If I had to do it over again, I don't know that I would have chosen them again. To start with, they never set aside a block of rooms for our out-of-town guests. So, when our guests called to reserve their rooms, the staff told them we didn't have one. Somehow it was a "glitch" but it was a sign. Don't expect the staff to help you with your baggage because you'll be waiting for them and end up doing it yourself so you don't waste the day. The front desk staff was not helpful to our guests and could use some customer service lessons. During cocktail hour, I barely saw any of the hors d'oeuvres and had to ask them to stop so I could eat something. The banquet service was great and the food was good too. The cake wasn't that fantastic, but it was included so you get what you pay for. If you do go through with using them, make sure to tell your guests to book their rooms online because its a lot cheaper.

Sent on 07/31/2009