Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa Reviews

13 | Monterey, CA

13 Reviews for Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa

Briana · Married on 06/28/2019

Wedding night

This hotel was so beautiful and clean amazing views on the property.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Darwin · Married on 09/12/2015

We had our Ceremony and Reception at the Hyatt. We also had over 30 rooms booked for our guests that were coming out of town. From start to finish, George Romero and his team delivered. Before the wedding we met with George multiple times. We also spent a few weekends at the hotel just to make sure the service was great. George went above and beyond for us and made us feel very special. He made this experience one to remember. The day of the wedding could not have been better. Top notch service. George Romero is an amazing planner and now friend.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and the fabulous review! We are so happy to have been apart of your special day and wish you all the best!

Tracy · Married on 04/05/2013

I would highly recommend the Hyatt Regency as the perfect place to have either your ceremony or reception. We were married at the Presidents House on the property followed by the reception. It was amazing! The venue was perfect, the food was fabulous, I would not have changed a thing. Deanna at the Hyatt was amazing setting everything up and how could I forget to acknowledge Brian the Chef. It was a perfect day! Our guests are still talking about the event!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your special day with us and we are honored that you chose us as your venue. We sincerely hope you visit us again and congratulations!

Sandy · Married on 01/14/2012

I have dreamed of my daughter's wedding day for as long as I can remember! The staff of the Hyatt Regency, Monterey, made that dream come true! Every single person made us feel so important and went up and beyond to see that we had the best experience possible! Deanna Zuber, Shannon, the chef and servers along with entire hotel staff were amazing to work with, so accomodating and making every effort to insure that we had the best possible experience! Thank you Hyatt "friends"! You are the best!

Sent on 04/21/2012

Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are honored to have been a part of your special day and we hope you visit us again!

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2007

Jill was amazing to work with! The hotel was beautiful and very accomadating!

Sent on 11/26/2007

Kenneth · Married on 03/12/2011

highly recommend

Sent on 04/04/2011

The Hyatt and their staff were very friendly and made the wedding stress free.
    The flexibility with vendors was a little tough, they required lots of documentation like proof of insurance and what not to be on file. Overall I'm very pleased with the venue, The staff was very accommodating- they took my needs into consideration. The price of the gran ballroom is fairly high but it is a beautiful venue and the largest from my knowledge in the area. I also loved how it was its own building to avoid any noise issues with hotel guests. While it was at a hotel, the venue felt very separate and private. Thank you Hyatt

Sent on 02/25/2014

Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your special day at our beautiful venue. We sincerely thank you for choosing us and we sincerely hope you will visit us again!

Michelle · Married on 05/15/2004

It was a beautiful location, very elegent

Sent on 05/10/2008

shadi · Married on 03/03/2013

We are so happy and pleased with having our ceremony and reception at the Regency hyatt in Monterey,ca. We had an amazing wedding weekend from the moment we arrived to check out!. Being the bride I was very confident with my decision to have our wedding at the Hyatt. Everything turned out great and all our guests were so happy and there was non stop dancing throughout the night. Diana, the catering manager was very helpful with organizing our event. She even sent us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries as a gift from the hyatt team to our room. The oyster/ clam/ mussel bar we had at our cocktail hour was soooooo goood! melt in your mouth oysters so fresh!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa's reply:

We are so happy you enjoyed a fun weekend and a wonderful wedding- great choice with the oyster bar! We sincerely thank you for choosing to share your special day with us again congratulations on your wedding!

Karey · Married on 07/23/2011

3.5

The Hyatt Regency on Del Monte Golf Course was wonderful!!!! We had a beautiful ceremony and reception there. Our only complaint was we couldn't have ceremony music (even for the bride to walk down the aisle!!!!) due to the golf course being right there!!! We only found this out 5 days prior. Kids at the swimming pool make more noise then this would have made, but it all turned out fine!

Sent on 09/11/2011
  • V Crow

Violeta · Married on 03/11/2017

4.2

This hotel is very pretty, but it's a bit outdated and the layout is difficult to navigate. I booked a wedding room block here because my venue was only about 8 minutes away. The great thing about it is that it was a courtesy block, so I didn't have to worry about filling up the rooms or having to pay for unused rooms. They offered a good price compared to other hotels, but my guests were able to find a much better price through WeddingWire, so they didn't really use the block. They were very courteous and treated us very well. The only problem we had was that they made some mistakes when my husband's family checked in, and it took him like an hour (while we were supposed to be at the afterparty) to get them to sort it out. One a more positive note, my sister in law told me about a month after the wedding that she had lost a gold bracelet. I emailed them and they got back to me right away telling me that housekeeping had found it, and offering me a few different options for me to retrieve it.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Brittany · event on: 11/09/2013

4.2
      3.0

We had our military ball here and it was very nice. My only complaint was really the cupcakes. You're better off bringing your own, they were pretty beyond awful.

Sent on 11/11/2013
  • Megha

Megha · Married on 05/04/2019

3.4

Good Venue, Okay Service

We recently had our wedding at the Hyatt. We would recommend the Hyatt to a friend with the caveat around service. Gratuity was fixed in the contract at 24% and we received service that was not worth 24%. I assume this is under a union contract and that level is required but if so, it should be delivered as such! We had several occurrences during the event such as slow service during the reception and cocktail hour and members of staff not able to execute on their responsibilities. Overall, the venue and location are great with reasonable prices on other fronts. So if you can stomach the high gratuity/low service, book away at this venue!

Sent on 05/22/2019