Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Reviews

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress 5
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress 6
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress 7

KYLIE · Married on 05/04/2019

Can't wait to have our wedding here!

After having an extremely disappointing site visit at what we thought was our top venue, we showed up at the Hyatt Grand Cypress with our hopes high. We are having a destination wedding in Orlando and had flown down from Connecticut. Well, Kaitlyn at the Hyatt made it all worth it! Not only are the indoor and outdoor spaces absolutely beautiful, Kaitlyn was a wonderful host who made us feel like she wanted to earn our business and give us a good value for our money. We are so excited to work with her and have our wedding at this gorgeous venue!!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Danielle · Married on 03/30/2019

The Perfect Wedding Day

From the moment I saw Oak Terrace, I knew I would get married at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. I worked with Kaitlyn, who assisted me with my questions and requests all throughout my planning, and she was so wonderful on our wedding day! We held a welcome dinner the day before our wedding, and both that dinner and our wedding ceremony and reception went so smoothly! Kaitlyn was so attentive, checking in with me and my husband throughout our events, touching base with my Mom to make sure that everything was how it should be, and the entire Hyatt team made our wedding weekend so amazing. Our server and banquet captain made sure to take care of us, checking in with us to make sure we were okay - and when my nerves got the best of me, and I couldn't eat, they made sure to send my meal up to my room for after the reception. This meant so much to me, and really showed how the staff goes above and beyond to make your day special. Our guests absolutely loved the food, the hotel, the pool - it was the perfect getaway for our guests, and we look forward to returning to the hotel for anniversary weekends and staycations! It was the perfect wedding, and we couldn't have done it without the amazing staff who took such great care of us!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 03/16/2019

Best day!!!

We are so happy with our decision to have our wedding at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress! The team here was amazing and so helpful throughout the whole process. When my main contact left a couple weeks before my wedding I was in a bit of a panic, but the team didn't miss a step and confirmed all the details with me before the big day to ease my concerns. I can't thank Kaitlyn and Christa enough for keeping everything running smoothly before and on the big day!
    The staff on the day of were on top of everything. From quickly putting together a new place setting for an unexpected guest, to bringing the groom and I snacks and drinks so we could continue mingling, they went above and beyond. Several guests commented on how great the service was.
    I can't forget to mention how gorgeous the grounds of this resort are. The pool, the lake, even the main lobby of the hotel - everything is so beautiful! There are great onsite food options as well. We had our rehearsal dinner onsite at Hemingway's which has beautiful views overlooking the pool.
    Highly recommend this venue!! We can't wait to go back for an anniversary!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Rebecca · Married on 03/09/2019

Best venue best staff

The Hyatt Grand Cypress's venue was amazing! The landscaping of the hotel alone makes for a beautiful wedding. It truly felt like a fairy tale wedding. The wedding coordinator Jessica Cain went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. Even the little details that my friends and family told me weren't important, she made sure it was completed as she wanted me happy. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception was flawless. Jessica truly went above and beyond including helping me calm down, bustle my train and keep my family in line! The Hyatt truly wanted me to have my wedding of my dreams the whole time, and that they provided. The waitstaff even sent us home with a brand new meal as we did not have time to eat fully, they also saved us hors devours! At the end of the night the Hyatt got all of our items together in the reception area so we would not have to worry. Merlot the Macaw parrot even made an appearance. Before the wedding we had effortless check in with my family all on the same floor, and an awesome bonfire party. I would recommend this venue over and over again it is gorgeous with the best staff ever. BEST WEDDING!!

Sent on 03/13/2019
    Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress 24
  • I

Ivey · Married on 01/05/2019

Absolute Dream Wedding!

Can I just say the attention to detail was impeccable! Kaitlyn and Shari made my wedding dreams come true. Everything was stunning and so well put together. They coordinated with my vendors and on the day of my wedding, I relaxed with my beautiful bridesmaids and had the time of my life. My husband and I say over and over again how we wouldn’t have changed a thing, and our guests are still saying it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve been!
    Grand Cypress was the best wedding decision we could have made 💕

Sent on 01/31/2019
    Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress 25
    Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress 26
    Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress 27

Angela · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful and seamless!

I got married in the La Coquina at Grand Cypress on 10/20/18. The room is gorgeous and my expectations were completely exceeded! Jessica Cain was absolutely amazing, responsive and organized. The banquet staff was so kind, frequently checking on myself and my husband during the reception. HIGHLY recommend! Thank you for making our wedding day so special

Sent on 11/13/2018

Ammara · Married on 06/22/2018

Great work! Love the venue, would recommend it to anyone looking for a wedding venue. Everything was great and the day was made special for us.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Kenneth · Married on 11/24/2017

I was in a pickle and Tracy Johns and The Hyatt came to the rescue on Thanksgiving Day! I was proposing to my wife the very next day and lost my venue. Tracy actually reached out to me on Thanksgiving upon hearing of my plight. The staff was unbelievably attentive and kind. We were overwhelmed once again with the Hyatt experience and had a fantastic night on the patio/grand terrace. I swear there were 3 or 4 staffers standing at attention for our every need as we danced while the band played our favorites. We're now glad we lost our original venue! Their dedication to making this a great night was truly remarkable! I would recommend the Hyatt for any function. We now have awesome memories of our special night thanks to them.

Sent on 01/15/2018
    Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress 28

Priscilla · Married on 07/01/2017

We can't say enough about this venue and Tracy Johns, the Event Sales Manager. Tracy made the entire planning process and day of more than we could have ever asked for. She was incredibly caring, patient, flexible, and super responsive to any questions/concerns/requests we had. Tracy went above and beyond our expectations, and we will be forever grateful to her for making this experience so special. Her commitment to excellence and making the couple happy was evident from the beginning to the end. As for the venue itself, it is a beautiful venue with a wonderful team that delivers excellent service all around. We have joked about doing it all over again, just to experience it once more :)

Sent on 07/12/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2017

My wedding at grand cypress was wonderful! I was nervous because we were having a lot of rain and my event was planned outdoors. The staff, especially Brittany, was very attentive to preparing for a plan B but willing to wait until the last second to make the call. Thankfully the skies wer clear and my day went off just as planned! My family loved spending the weekend at this grand resort and most stayed for several days beyond the wedding just to keep having fun. The wedding itself was wonderful and they were very flexible into letting me pick my own vendors and plan my own decor. I felt like the whole place belonged to me when It was our wedding day because of how eager everyone was to help make the day so special.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Jeanette · Married on 03/04/2017

Britney was the BEST!!! I will recommend the Hyatt to everyone!!
    My daughters bridal shower was so AMAZING! Britney and her staff was top notch!!
    The wedding was truly BEAUTIFUL! No issues what so ever! If you want a great team and a perfect event call Britney we just love her!! BEST DAY EVER!!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Sherri · Married on 11/04/2016

Still wonder how I found them, but I am very lucky I did. From the moment I saw all of the options available at this beautiful resort, I knew I had to bring my fiancé. When I did, he felt the same way. The Event Sales Manager, Brittany Scott, is someone who loves what she does and it shows. She is such a kind and professional person. Every question, she was ready to answer and if she was not immediately available, Eva Delgado who works with Brittany was quick to get back to me. I feel so fortunate to have had such a beautiful wedding at a beautiful venue. And also, everyone at this hotel, from the moment we drove up, to check-in, to the actual banquet staff...first class all the way. I truly felt like I was the luckiest girl in the world. I cannot say enough about my experience of having my wedding here...I am already planning to book my anniversary here as well. Brittany, thank you again for all of the amazing work you and your team did. I am truly grateful.

Sent on 12/11/2016
  • Y

Youssra · Married on 05/14/2016

I loved working with Tracy, she was so helpful and always made everything work the way we envisioned it to be! The most beautiful venue with such gorgeous scenery. I loved everything about this hotel. Just made the day that much better!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Cameron · Married on 07/18/2015

We traveled from Scotland to get married in Orlando. From the beginning of the process we knew that we picked the right venue for our ceremony and reception. We worked with Matthew E intitally and then Brittany S & Eva D latterly and they all were amazing. All were very happy to answer our questions, incorporate Scottish traditions and help us in anyway they could. The hotel is beautiful. We had amazing wedding day & were so pleased with everything - food, drinks, cake, room decor, everything! Every member of staff we dealt with during the preparations & on the wedding day were very professional, friendly and went the extra mile to make our day special. When we went to visit the hotel for the first time, they had baked us cookies!!! Such a sweet thing to do & unexpected! The level of service was first class. Thanks again Brittany & Eva, all the best

Sent on 08/08/2015

I truly don't know where to begin, I got married here June 13, 2015.

Our wedding coordinator was Brittany Scott, to rate her alone, I would give her 10/5 stars. Brittany was so easy to work with, so genuine, always tried to help in anyway possible. She worked with our budget and made our day so magical.

Rewinding to the planning aspect, this hotel has so much to offer, there are so many places within the hotel that you can get married at, and hold your reception. We chose an outdoor part for our ceremony, and in the 95 degree weather, Brittany made sure to supply water to all of our guests during the reception.

For our food tasting, we were put into an EXTREMELY private room- it was to die for. We tried so many different foods and cakes, it was amazing.

The Hyatt will hook you up with a coordinator for the ceremony, we were with a girl named Leanna from Just Marry- she was so incredibly wonderful as well.

About 50% of our guests stayed at the hotel, we arranged to do gifts for everyone that stayed, they were welcomed in with champagne, and loved every little piece about it.

For the wedding: Costly? Yes, but it was worth every cent. Brittany made the wedding of our dreams, she arranged everything so beautifully.

After the wedding: My husband and I went to our suite (this room was incredible, view of the pool/lake and Disney- you get this for free on your wedding night), as we arrived we opened the door to chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, a pillow that said "mr & mrs" and a note from Brittany. It was truly amazing.

Guests: 130 (fit comfortably everywhere)

The only downfall? There was another wedding going on at the same time, which made our cocktail hour space no longer available, (we didn't know about this until AFTER the wedding).

If I had to get married all over again, I would use the Hyatt without a doubt. I'm truly going to miss the wedding planning because the Hyatt made it THAT enjoyable.

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/26/2014

Thank you so much to Matthew Echevarria and everyone at the Hyatt for making our wedding the most amazing and memorable day of my life. All of our guests loved the location, and I am so glad we chose to have both our ceremony and reception here. Would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 04/29/2014
  • Yelena

Yelena · Married on 10/11/2013

I got married here 3 weeks ago and I still can't believe how beautiful everything turned out. Frpm the catering team Matthew and Brittany and everyone else involved to the culinary chefs it beyond my dreams. I am so happy that we made the right choice in choosing this venue for our wedding. Truly unforgettable!

Sent on 11/04/2013

I recently was married at the gorgeous Hyatt Grand Cypress. My parents and I found the venue about a year before the wedding, and we knew this was the spot. The Venue features a covered outdoor ceremony area, covered patio for cocktail hour, and several options for the reception. We met with the fabulous wedding coordinator, Christine, and she immediately made us feel like family. Once we booked, Christine helped us along the way with planning and details. We were treated like royalty at our food tasting, and with the help of the catering manager, Candice, we were able to customize our dream wedding buffet. We were able to add many upgrades to the food (food stations, carving station) and stay within the budget. The weekend of my wedding, Hyatt had 4 other weddings going on, but we were still well taken care of. We were given two "getting ready" rooms for the day, and a "day of" coordinator, Diana, from Just Marry events. Between Diana, and Matthew (from the Hyatt), we got everything we needed. The only downfall was that it rained, so the ceremony was moved indoors. It was very last minute, so the room was not exactly what I would have wanted, but we really didn't have time for major adjustments. The rain continued, so the cocktail hour was also moved from the arranged patio to the lobby of the hotel. Also something I thought could have been better arranged, but by the end of the night, it didn't matter. Our reception was held in the fabulous Cascades restaurant, which was decorated to the nines. The restaurant has been recently renovated, so everything is new, fresh, and beautiful. The whole day was fabulous thanks to the staff at the Hyatt Grand Cypress.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Blakely · Married on 09/27/2012

I recommend having your ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the grounds make for perfect wedding photography backgrounds. The staff was extremely helpful and the catering manager was such a blessing to work with. Our families live out of state and having everything in one location was so much fun and easy for our friends and family to take part in our wedding festivities. We had an absolute blast spending time with our families by the pool and dining in the restaurants on property. Our guests were so excited about all the amenities and the proximity of all the local attractions and restaurants available to them during their stay. The food was amazing and our guests loved the variety of foods and the quality of the food for a wedding reception. The cake was also included in our package and I sent in a photo of what I envisioned and the final outcome was absolutely stunning. I could not be more happy with how our wedding and stay turned out. I would highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress for all of your wedding needs.

Sent on 10/23/2012

N · Married on 06/28/2012

Beautiful property for a wedding. I first saw a picture of the place and wanted to visit it for a possible wedding venue. The picture did no justice whatsoever, because the place is simply magical! My guests had such an amazing time there. Christine Calace, the venue manager, will forever be my fairy Godmother!!!
    One will not be dissapointed with this location as a wedding venue option, I guarantee it!!!

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 06/02/2012

The Hyatt was an absolutely perfect place to have our ceremony and reception! They accommodated any and everything we needed throughout the planning process and the it all turned out perfect! We worked directly with Christine Calace and she was spot on with everything from helping me stay on schedule to making sure everything came out exceptionally well on the food and beverage side.
    All of our guests are still talking about our wedding location and how it was a perfect family vacation. We couldn't have chosen a better location!!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Amy · Married on 03/10/2012

We had both our ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. It was absolutely wonderful! Christine and the entire staff were courteous, friendly, and easy to work with. They made my husband I feel so welcomed and important. I did not have to worry about anything as they took care of every last detail. The scenery was beautiful, the food was phenomal, and we could not have picked a more perfect place. We received gushing comments from our guests about the resort and event. They raved about the food with many guests stating that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Thank you to the Hyatt Regency for making our day so special!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Nora · Married on 11/12/2011

The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is amazing. The Cypress Point (ceremony) is an amazing location for an outdoor wedding. The landscaping and water features are beautiful. The Cacade (reception) is very elegant. I loved the water fountain and the service the staff provided. Their attention to detail and professionalism was outstanding. The buffet was delicious and all my guests were very satisfied. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Rachael · Married on 02/12/2011

We stayed here while in FL (we live in Boston) and ended up using the resort for our elopement. We got married on a deck outside of the resort overlooking the lake. The staff was amazing, and helpful, and I even gave the wonderful Concierge my bridal bouquet.

Whether your wedding is large, small, or just the two of you, you will not find a better location in Orlando.

Sent on 05/06/2011