Hushed Commotion Reviews

Hushed Commotion 2
Hushed Commotion 3
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 07/13/2019

Just what I was looking for!

I love Thea’s work! I wore the Darcy as a headpiece for my wedding - it was a little roaring 20s while being more contemporary and bright. I got compliments on it all night! Thea is lovely and wonderful to work with. She also made earrings to compliment the headpiece and earrings for my bridesmaids.

Sent on 07/29/2019
    Hushed Commotion 4
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Endicott · Married on 06/08/2019

Perfect wedding accessory, despite a near-disaster!

After spending weeks (or possibly months!) searching for the perfect wedding hair accessory, I found Hushed Commotion through Instagram. Very quickly, I finally found a huge range of the kinds of pieces I had been looking for. Beautifully and striking, but not overly girly or glitzy or sparkly. I found a lovely, bold geometric design with pearls to match my engagement—exactly what I hadn't been able to find elsewhere; most designs with pearls are a little too soft for my taste—and promptly placed an order to have it plated in rose gold to match my ring. Then disaster struck. Because I had struggled to settle on what I wanted, I had placed my order just 1 month before my wedding. Less than two weeks before the day, Thea discovered that my order had been stolen from her studio stoop in Brooklyn. With no time to spare, she was able to find a replacement piece--identical but in yellow gold rather than rose. In the end, it was totally perfect (who needs matching metals anyway?) and I can't thank her enough for responding so quickly in a crisis!

Sent on 08/10/2019
    Hushed Commotion 5
    Hushed Commotion 6

Kristen · Married on 09/16/2017

Thea is AMAZING. I fell in love with her Paloma belt and was determined to wear it at our wedding-- even before I had found my dress! Finally, I found the perfect dress to complement it and asked her if she might make custom earrings to match. She was quick to draw up two mock styles and was open to my suggestions on which bead/jewels I'd love in each place! They were just perfect. I received so many compliments and will cherish these unique pieces for many years. Thank you, Thea!!!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Dara · Married on 05/13/2017

Thea is INCREDIBLE! I was struggling to find a birdcage veil that was classic without being over the top cutesy. She totally knew what I wanted and worked with me to customize one of her designs to my specifications. Everyone was complimenting me on my veil the entire night. She's amazing!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Janis · Married on 10/29/2016

Thea was so wonderful to work with. She has so many gorgeous pieces and they're much more reasonably priced than most others I'd seen. She made me a custom veil using pieces from my grandmother's veil. It was really special and meant so much to me.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Michelle · Married on 06/13/2015

I can't even begin to express how talented Thea is and how beautiful all of her pieces are! If you're looking for something soft, whimsical and modern, you will not be disappointed. Every piece is designed and handmade by Thea. After discussing what I was looking for, I met with Thea at her studio, tried on a few things and a few weeks later, my headpiece arrived. It was stunning - exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Thea!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Thea is absolutely amazing! Not only did she create absolutely beautiful pieces for my wedding (Doris birdcage and Ava belt/hair piece with navy ribbon), but she was a joy to work with! I can not speak highly enough - the entire experience was wonderful.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Autumn · Married on 10/13/2013

I do not have enough positive things to say about my transaction with Hushed Commotion. Thea was wonderful to work with on a veil for my wedding. She took one of her existing designs and customized it to my specifications. In person, the veil is phenomenal. It is more beautiful than I ever imagined, and wonderful quality. I literally gasped when I saw it. Communication with this vendor was also impeccable. It would not take more than a few hours after sending an e-mail to hear back. All Hushed Commotion pieces are gorgeous and affordable. Seriously, what are you waiting for?! Thanks so much Hushed Commotion!!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Krystle · Married on 09/21/2013

Thea is amazing!!! I came across her Lindsay hair ribbon (http://hushedcommotion.com/hair-pieces/2012/11/14/lindsay) only a few weeks before my wedding. This piece usually takes 5 weeks to hand-make and ship, but Thea had it in the mail for me in only 2 weeks! She was incredibly quick to reply via email, and customized the ribbon in antique gold - it was PERFECT. High-quality and gorgeous. My wedding was last weekend and I keep receiving so many compliments on it :-)

Sent on 09/26/2013

Lindsay · Married on 07/21/2012

I don't even know where to begin to describe how wonderful Thea from Hushed Commotion was when helping me design my very unique hair piece and veil and an affordable price. I first met her during my hair trial with Stacy Pitt at Styles on B when we were trying to figure out how to find a great, unique hairpiece for my crazy wedding hair without breaking the bank (seriously, why are veils and headpieces all usually so expensive?) and she suggested that I try going to a trim store for the item that I was looking for... well, I followed her advice and found myself completely lost so thought I would contact her directly and see if I could commission a custom piece for a price that didn't make me want to faint. We sat down, worked it out, and on my wedding day, my hair was crazy beautiful. Seriously, I got so many compliments on it on my wedding day and it never could have happened without the imagination and patience of Thea. Heart her.

Bonus: She made my french birdcage veil and it did not cost me an arm and a leg. Serious love.

Sent on 07/22/2012

I was so thrilled to have Thea as part of my wedding vendor team, and I cannot sing her praises enough. All of her pieces are so delicate and beautiful, a perfect balance of feminine and whimsical which embodied the exact look I was going for. In making my veil, Thea managed to find the exact tulle that my dress was made out of—even though the color was a very specific off-white, and the dress a designer sample so literally only 1 of 5 in existence. They went together seamlessly. The madison comb, which I also wore, was glamorous and graceful yet subtle enough to not overpower my hair or veil. Finally, Thea is just such a delight to work with! She was always professional yet easy going in all of our interactions.

Sent on 12/06/2016
  • lorigolightly

Lorraine · Married on 08/26/2016

Thea created a custom headpiece and was so helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process. She took in my vague ideas and suggestions, even a change in wedding dress style, in stride and came up with an amazing piece that I will treasure forever.

Sent on 10/27/2016