Hummingbird House Reviews

94 | Manchaca, TX

94 Reviews for Hummingbird House

Jennifer · Married on 07/10/2010

The Hummingbird helped make our dream wedding come true! Danny is the best coordinator ever! Everyone loved how beautiful the Hummingbird is and it was the perfect place to start our life. We would recommend this venue for any event required a romantic setting and lots of fun!!!

Sent on 07/11/2010

Kasey · Married on 05/22/2010

We just had our wedding in May and Hummingbird House was the perfect place. It's beauty is overwhelming as well as the wonderful people that run the facility. It was all that I could ask for and received multiple compliments from our awed guests.

Sent on 06/06/2010

Lauren · Married on 05/15/2010

Danny at the Hummingbird House went above and beyond to ensure my wedding day turned out perfectly. He made himself available for any questions that came up while I was planning (and there were a lot!) and really made me comfortable and stress-free about how the day would turn out. It was never awkward or intimidating to work with Danny (unlike some of the bigger venues), and in the end I truly feel like I can consider him a friend.

In terms of the venue, it's absolutely gorgeous and exactly what I was looking for. I envisioned an elegant "backyard barbeque" and I got more than I could ever dream of. It was, in fact, a backyard barbeque but more gorgeous and romantic than anything I could have imagined. Between the white lights dancing on the trees, to the romantically draped tents, to the beautiful landscaping and natural creek running through the property, it was just stunning. The most common thing that my guests commented on after the wedding was how lovely the venue was.

If you're looking for a sweet, attentive, and helpful person to work with, I highly recommend calling Danny at the Hummingbird House. And if you're looking for a natural, outdoor setting with the capacity to also hold a large crowd for dinner and dancing, the Hummingbird House more than fits the bill. I could not have been more pleased with the venue or its owners.

Sent on 06/03/2010

nadine · Married on 04/10/2010

Man, how many ways do I love this venue?

It's just beautiful. Many of our guests marveled at the beautiful Texas spring wildflowers, the landscaping, the lit tents and trees at night, the fountains with petals floating on them. It was just gorgeous. This place was just wonderful for our Texas spring wedding.

We also had the rehearsal dinner at the same place, and it was just a lovely night.

The coordinator Danny was so chill and flexible. He was just great to work with, very responsive and helpful. Flexible to a fault. I loved Danny, I want to put him in a pocket and have him coordinate all my future parties :)

Sent on 07/14/2010

Lindsey · Married on 10/03/2009

I have always dreamt of my wedding day.
    I?d have it in Austin, outside with the sun shining down, flowers everywhere in all colors, I could hear water nearby but never too loud, the ceremony short and the attendance private, and music softly playing in the background almost as if it was coming from the trees themselves.
    I have always been a romantic, but as I went around Austin trying to find my dream I could never have it all in one place. My friend Danny invited me over to see the new house he was opening up as a new venue just to see if it could work. And there it was. The moment I stepped in the door music was playing and I felt at home. Danny showed me around and everything fell into place.
    The Hummingbird House was my dream, and when the day came everything went beautifully. Everyone says that something will go wrong on your big day, but nothing happened. Everything went according to plan; I awoke in the morning after staying in one of their spectacular rooms to breakfast being served. I spent the day getting ready using one of their gorgeous bathrooms as my styling rooms. Then the time came, I walked out of the house and into my new life. The ceremony was short and sweet, perfect for me, and the reception was right there with the tent dressed in white and lit up with touches of my colors, and the music began as soon as the ceremony was over. It was the perfect day and it ended even better. Danny ushered everyone home once I said it was time for them to go and the house was all ours for the rest of the weekend.
    This was the day I had always dreamed of, the moments I will always remember, and I owe it all to the Hummingbird House, and they truly made my dream come true.

Sent on 12/02/2009

Lora · Married on 04/28/2018

We knew the Hummingbird House was "the one" when venue searching and our April wedding day was even more perfect than we could be imagined. First, Courtney (the onsite coordinator) was extremely helpful and made it possible for us to enjoy the day without interruption. If there was a problem - we didn't know about it! All of our guests were impressed with the beautiful gardens, and I am still blown away by the amazing spacious bridal and grooms suites. Second, this is the type of venue that provides everything you need (including optional decorations you can purchase, chairs, tables, lighting etc.) which makes the entire process so much easier. They don't provide onsite catering but they have a list of awesome preferred vendors who really do a great job. We chose Maudies and they provided exceptional food and service! The venue also provides really helpful planning sheets to help the bride and groom figure out what they need to coordinate ahead of the event which was a lifesaver for us when it all seemed very overwhelming. These guys really know their stuff when it comes to weddings and they are kind and helpful to everyone who visits. I'm so grateful we shared our wedding day with the Hummingbird House and I can't wait to hopefully go back someday for another visit!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Emily · Married on 12/03/2011

I had our December 3, 2011 wedding at the Hummingbird House in Austin Texas. And I could not imagine it any other way!
    Quality of Service = the venue is SPECTACULAR. It is a private home and garden. The grounds are gorgeous, lush (even in december!!), colorful, manicured but also natural. I can't say enough about it's beauty. The reception is in the white tent that's included in the venue. It's a billowy, romantic, with crystal chandeliers. Breath-taking! It's just a few yards away from the ceremony site. The ceremony was under the gazebo, we added flowers to the gazebo. It's still so fresh, it's hard to find words to say how perfect this place is! The bride and bridesmaids get ready in their own room (several rooms if needed), that are lovely and look so pretty in pictures. The grooms have a detatched trailor that is decorated in hunting themes, away from the bride so no chance of a run-in.

Responsiveness - Lauren is A+ in wedding planning. She gave me her personal cell and I could text at any hour of the day! She also was a friend. She'd find ideas or colors and ask me about them, without pushing them on me. We invited her to come to our rehearsal dinner! She responded usually on the same day unless she had a wedding that weekend. She knows EVERYTHING there is to know about vendors in Austin. I ended up using most of her recommendations, and I'm glad I did.

Professionalism - even though Lauren became a friend, she was 100% professional. Especially when it matters most, the day of the wedding. She was all business then, definitely strict, but I wouldn't want it any other way either. She conducted a 30 minute rehearsal the day before much to everyone's joy. She knows the ins and outs of wedding schedules and planning and I can't imagine anyone else planning the wedding with us. She is just spectacular.

Value - For the ceremony and reception to be in the same place, with Lauren as the planner, it was worth every single penny. And I didn't officially hire Lauren as the planner, she just came with the venue. It is not the least expensive venue by any means, and the vendors do range in price, but again, the pictures of Hummingbird house do not do justice on how amazing this place is.

Flexibility - I gave this 4.5 stars ONLY because Lauren has a template of how she is used to running wedding items and timelines, which I didn't mind, but my mother and mother-in-law wanted a few things done differently (which I ended up agreeing with). So even though it wasn't shown as an option, Lauren changed EVERYTHING that we asked and said "no problem at all". So she is 100% flexible, but you have to speak up if you don't want the timeline to go as she originally suggests. Lauren is 100% flexible, just the template they use doesn't show every option you have for ceremony timelines, where everything goes at the reception etc.

Overall I would never ever ever dream of my wedding being somewhere else. I didn't worry about a thing the day of as Lauren put out all of the decorations, she had the sparkler send off go flawlessly, it was too good to be true!!!!!!!!!!! BOOK HERE!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Don · Married on 05/28/2011

Lauren, your representative was outstanding. Cool under pressure and always
    present. You have a terrific employee, and she should be well rewarded for a
    great job.

Sent on 06/14/2011
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/15/2016

It was love at first sight when we first visited the Hummingbird House as we were looking for an cute outdoor venue for an intimate wedding. I loved all the greenery and florals all over the venue as it makes for great pictures and also minimal decorations. One of the other good things about the venue is that we were not obligated to use any particular vendors, but were given a less of their preferred vendors which allowed us the freedom to pick and choose the quality and pricing based on our needs. We essentially used their preferred list and ALL of them were great! It is especially nice to have vendors that have a good relationship with the venue coordinator, Courtney. We had Courtney as our day-of coordinator which was definitely worth it. Her excited and positive attitude during our planning meeting, email correspondence, dress rehearsal and wedding day was exceptional. If you are looking for a laid-back venue with lots of natural decorations, the Hummingbird House is the place for your wedding! Thanks for the memories!

Sent on 11/22/2016

I've always wanted to get married in a garden with a gazebo, so naturally Hummingbird House was the perfect choice. From our first meeting to the wedding day, I never felt like my wedding wasn't valued. Courtney, the site manager and day-of coordinator, works solely for Hummingbird House and has lots of experience there. Anytime we needed help or came by for different reasons, she always had an answer! The venue itself was beautiful. I wanted everything to look natural and pristine and this venue needs little to no help to get that way. My guests raved about the venue and how perfect it was for what we envisioned. If you want a beautiful, timeless place for your wedding, Hummingbird House is your place!

Sent on 07/20/2016

I've seen tons of venues in Austin but the Hummingbird House is by far the most amazing. Its beauty comes full circle during the spring/summer months because of greenery and flowers. At night, the venue completely changes and is even more gorg if thats possible. Not to mention Courtney is the best day of coordinator ever. Throughout the entire process she was very responsive and offered suggestions and new ideas i had not thought of. I just felt very comfortable with her and over the months of planning I go to a point where i just completely trust her ability. She's great. The venue is great. The bridal suite is huge and glamorous. The groomsmen is equally nice. This place makes for stunning photos from beginning to end.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Beth · Married on 05/08/2010

Danny was great! Jamie and I were both extremely pleased at both the venue and the service we received from Danny. The venue was beautiful, both during the day and at night. Several guests have told us how beautiful the Hummingbird House was for the wedding and reception. We wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 06/06/2010

Rodolfo · Married on 07/07/2012

If you are having a hard time deciding on a venue, ponder no more. The Hummingbird House is a beautiful little oasis tucked away in a corner of Austin, Texas. Lauren & Danny are awsome people to work with from every sense of the word. They bend over-backward to please you and on the day of the event, they are there making sure everything goes as planned.
    Now let me share with all readers why The Hummingbird House, Danny & Lauren are awsome. Our ceremony started at 3:00p.m. and the caterer was suppose to be there chilling the wine, placing the beer on ice and getting everything set-up for the cocktail hour. 4:00p.m. rolled-around, and no caterer. by 5:00p.m. something really bad was about to happen. Reception was to start at 6:00p.m. At this point, Danny & Lauren stepped up to the plate and went beyond the call of duty. They started calling caterers until they finally found one. They also found a bartender. Even though the reception started late, at the end all 160 guests understood and we all had a great time afterwards. By the way, the bride never found out that the caterer was a no-show, until she was served BBQ. A hugh THANK YOU to Danny & Lauren for a job well done.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Tasha · Married on 02/24/2012

3.5

Danny and his helpers made our wedding flow easily and amazingly. The venue is beautiful and they were very flexible with our customization's. I could not have been happier with the way my wedding turned out.

Sent on 03/20/2012

Robin · Married on 12/03/2011

3.0

Our son and new daughter in law were married at Hummingbird House in December. From beginning to end Lauren was amazing!! They recently purchased new chairs (comfortable and beautiful) and were incredibly accommodating with our florist and all her ideas. Lauren kept everyone calm on the big day and was a rock for reception. Great memories forever!

Sent on 02/25/2012

jen · Married on 04/24/2010

i'm not sure how the hummingbird house could've been more beautiful. people are STILL talking about it two months later. for us, it was really important that our friends and family enjoy their time hanging out at our wedding, and the hummingbird house provided the perfect atmosphere -- whimsical, romantic, creative, relaxing. danny was completely open-minded and allowed us the freedom to make the day just as we wanted it. no regrets. you've gotta see this place for yourself.

Sent on 06/10/2010
  • Annaliese

Annaliese · Married on 03/10/2012

4.2

We had the unfortunate circumstance of a whopper of a rainstorm the day before and day of our wedding, so we really got to see the Hummingbird House rain plan in action. I'm a little sad that we weren't able to use the full venue but as it turned out, keeping everyone in the pavilion made for a really sweet, cozy, fun dance party. Leading up to the wedding communication was a little vague but after I was placed in the capable hands of Danny everything fell clearly into place. Plenty of things went wrong during the wedding, but none were due to the staff at HH - the weather was to blame for almost all of it. Everything moved seamlessly throughout the night and the staff of HH communicated well with the vendors and if anything went wrong between them, I certainly never knew! They were resourceful, helpful, eager to help - and the extra fee for set up and take down of all the decor was MORE than worthwhile. I made all the decor myself and it was such a relief to be able to hand it over to them, and have them actually see what I was going for and make everything look great, even with plan changes due to the weather. I'm sad that we lost half the area due to rain, but that's why we have rain plans. A note, there is only one restroom in the bridal suite, and although we didn't think it would matter beforehand, it did get a little hectic and cramped the last hour or two when everyone was trying to dress and touch up hair. Aside from that, the venue is gorgeous, and the staff were great to work with. I'd definitely recommend them.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2011

4.2
      3.0

Danny, Tom and Lauren were fantastic. My day went off without a hitch, and they were very professional. Our friends and family still are telling us what a great day it was. Our stepfather said that even if he would have been shown a thousand venues, this one would have still been the perfect one. What a great day!

Sent on 11/26/2011

Natali · Married on 09/04/2011

3.0

The Hummingbird House venue is absolutely beautiful and it fit my wedding perfectly.

The only problem I had was that I signed my contract months ago with Danny, then they changed up the contract about what's included and what you have to pay extra for. When I noticed these changes on their website, I called and had to deal with Lauren the rest of the time. I asked did these changes apply to me and would I still be getting what we agreed on. I was assured that what Danny and I had agreed on would still stand because I signed my contract before the changed were made.

Then when I got to my rehearsal, 2 days before the wedding, my planner informed me that the house was no longer available to the wedding party. They had sectioned off the bride's suite and moved the groom's suite to a very small room(maybe 10' x 8') in a very small building on the other side of the property. There were 10 men in the wedding, not including any fathers or friends, that had to squeeze into the small room hours before the wedding. We weren't even allowed to enter the rest of the house, which was not what I had agreed upon with Danny.

I brought it up to Lauren(because Danny was no where to be found after the signing of the contract. We had no where to store the cake or chests of ice for the bar, because we wern't allowed into the house. I was later told that Danny and the other owner were living in the house, that's why we couldn't go in.
    I don't know why any one was living in their place of business, but you don't promise someone one thing and then at the last minute change your mind because it's conveninte. If they had no where else to go and they HAD to live ther, they should have called everyone they had a contract with at that time and informed them of the situation and offered an alternative. I thought it was unperfessional to change the agreement and not tell me until the last minute.

Other than that, I would completely recommend The Hummingbird House to anyone. It was absolutely beautiful and even though they weren't very professional in that situation, they were very nice about the whole thing and tried of offer up suggestions.

All I can say is surround yourself with positive people who will take care of things on your wedding day. It would be a terrible day to be upset. You can always say your peace after the honeymoon. :)

Natali