Hummingbird House Reviews

94 | Manchaca, TX

94 Reviews for Hummingbird House

Lesley · Married on 03/02/2014

Wow, the Hummingbird House and Courtney are amazing! I did not hire a wedding coordinator, and a big draw for me on Hummingbird House, other than the beautiful garden, was Courtney. She is very organized, communicative and helpful. The only unfortunate thing was that the weather dropped 40 degrees in a day! And it dropped to 26 degrees F that night. Wow. We had to have the ceremony in the tent, but it was so pretty, and Courtney had organized with me 2 days before to rent propane tanks and tent heaters...which was beyond helpful! It was still pretty cold, but we can't imagine how bad it would have been w/o those heaters! Courtney really was so on top of every task for the evening.
    So, if I could do it again, I'd get married here in the Spring or Fall...but oh well! It was wonderful, beautiful, and very memorable.

Sent on 03/17/2014
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 11/30/2013

I have to second everything my husband said! Danny and Courtney were an absolute dream to work with, and I couldn't have imagined our wedding any other way. Thank you both so much for being so professional, creative, friendly, and overall amazing!

Sent on 01/08/2014

I cannot recommend Hummingbird House and Courtney enough. My husband and I both lived in Houston during our wedding planning process, and not once have we regretted booking Hummingbird House. Courtney has been a great help throughout the wedding planning process! She acted as my day of coordinator and definitely made me feel completely calm and stress free. Our wedding was at the Hummingbird House in November, shortly after the flooding in Onion Creek. Courtney and Danny are amazing...they worked around the clock to repair the venue in time for our wedding day. We could not have asked for anything more.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you so much! We love what we do!

Molly · Married on 11/01/2013

If we could give Courtney at Hummingbird House a 10-star review, we would! We LOVE her. We would adopt her but she's too close to our age and we would have to fight both sets of our parents to get her. Here's why: My husband and I got married on Nov 1 2013, two days after the torrential floods that damaged many south Austin homes and businesses. When Courtney, who was serving as our day-of coordinator, called me the morning before the wedding to let me know the roads to Hummingbird House were impassable, she already had another venue lined up and a plan to notify all vendors and simply change the venue - cool as a cucumber! Once I got over the shock, we worked together to pull off an absolutely PERFECT wedding! Our guests couldn't believe that this was plan 'B' and that she and the new venue staff had moved everything to a new location in 24 hours. To top it off, Hummingbird House covered all costs related to the last-minute change and offered to host a pool party next summer to make it up to us - even though they can't control the weather! Courtney made our wedding amazing and we look forward to celebrating with her again next summer! - Mr. and Mrs. Clayton

Sent on 11/25/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Molly and Kyle, you. are. awesome! We cannot thank you enough for being so amazing! Call or email us to set a date for your pool party! Can't wait!!

Brooke · Married on 09/28/2013

There is no better place to get married in Austin, Texas than the Hummingbird House. My husband and I personally looked at close to 10 venues, but researched dozens. Not only are the grounds of the venue beautiful and the bride and groom suites recently updated and gorgeous, but the care with which Courtney and Danny treat each couple is heartfelt. My husband and I are event planners by trade, and we know we couldn’t have been in better hands. Courtney tends to every detail, and we were confident in the fact that once the day arrived we’d be completely taken care of. We had the typical snafus of rain and shuttle delays and Courtney handled everything with grace and poise. We are so grateful to have found them and to have started our life together at Hummingbird House!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you, Brooke and Matthew! We really enjoyed working with you both! Our future Brides will thank you for introducing us to Bridal Steam, what a fabulous company! Happy Holidays to you and your families!

Heather · Married on 09/14/2013

Our wedding was at the Hummingbird House on September 14th. I CANNOT say enough good things about the venue and Danny and Courtney. Throughout the ENTIRE process, they were bot extremely responsive and helpful which was very important to me as I was planning the wedding from New York and could only be in Austin a handful of times. They had wonderful recommendations, from the florist recommendation (the Gala Gal), to detailed recommendations for the day of, such as the chair ties and napkin placement. They were both there the day of my wedding and made me feel completely calm and stress-free. They were incredibly organized and took care of everything from setting up to coordinating with the band on the timeline and announcements, to the sparkler exit. We couldn't have asked for better service than we received from both Danny and Courtney. Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you so much, Heather and Paul! We loved working with you and we appreciate the distance you and your families traveled to share your special day with us! Please visit us next time you're in Austin!

Very beautiful and the staff was very accomodating.

Sent on 01/28/2014

Pablo · Married on 06/08/2013

We celebrated our wedding here taken along the path by Courtney. Since we booked the place late last year we were treated always with a positive and can do attitude to all the stupid questions we had to ask. We received prompt responses to our multiple calls and emails. A run through all the preparation details showed that they really know how to throw a party.
    We provided our decoration (homemade) and shared out vision. We were amazed as how they carried out and how it surpassed our expectations. The place looked beautiful.
    Courtney was around and on top of things during the rehearsal, ceremony and reception. We just had to be there and enjoy.
    We were also surprised with our getaway car loaded with our change of clothes, wallets, cell phones, camera and everything we needed for our wedding night.
    We are extremely happy with the Hummingbird House and their staff.

Sent on 06/30/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you Evie and Pablo! We loved working with you both! Your DIY yarn decor was adorable and we had a great time decorating the venue! We're so happy you enjoyed your special day : )

Patti · Married on 05/11/2013

We celebrated my daughters wedding last night! The Hummingbird House was beautiful! All of our guest said it was one of the prettiest venues ever. Danny and Courtney were tremendous. Our decorations were a lot of work! They were there to help with what ever we needed. Never seen two people work harder. And such a joy. They are there to make your day what you want it to be. If you are looking for a garden venue, this is the place for you. The flowers just blew the guest away! Once the sun sets it becomes a beautiful romantic place. Can't wait to see our pictures. The cell phone picture were outstanding. Thank you to all the staff at Hummingbird House!

Sent on 05/12/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you, Patti! It was such a pleasure to work with you, your family, and your amazing team of helpers! We can't wait to see the pictures! We hope Julie and Sharkey are having an amazing time in Spain!!

Rachael · Married on 05/04/2013

We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for our wedding and reception! The Hummingbird House was absolutely gorgeous on our wedding day and we received so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful venue! Everything was just how we imagined it would be. It was a perfect evening! Danny and Courtney were a pleasure to work with. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/29/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you, Rachael and Michael! We loved working with you! Yours may have been one of the happiest weddings we've hosted here at Hummingbird House! : )

Lexi · Married on 04/05/2013

We are so incredibly happy that we chose The Hummingbird House for our wedding venue, the location is great and the venue is beautiful. The very best thing about The Hummingbird House is the help that comes with it, Courtney, AKA the most helpful person who was ever born. I exchanged emails with Courtney and Danny for almost a year up until our wedding, and they were such a huge help! The morning of our wedding I showed up to the venue expecting to have to decorate and help set up. To my surprise, when I got there everything was already in the works and under control, which made me have a very relaxing and fun day! They made sure the night ran smoothly and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! Thank you!! Lexi & Jim Rourke

Sent on 04/30/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thanks, Lexi and Jim! We loved having you! It was such a pleasure to have the opportunity to work with you both!

Julie · Married on 03/29/2013

I got married here in May and have no doubts AT ALL about my venue choice. Danny and the rest of the team were amazing. I was so worried by the day before my wedding there was a Huge storm that came through and I didn't knows what to expect when I got to the venue. The team at hummingbird house had gotten there early to pick up all of the downed branches and cleaned up the place very nicely. It was beautiful.

Throughout the process they were organized (more so than I was) and helped coordinate all of our vendors on the day of.

The price was very reasonable compared to some of the other venues We had gone to look at.

I could go on and on about how amazing this place is but at the end of the day, you won't know for yourself unless you go take a tour of the property. Most of the venues that we visited were underwhelming. The pictures on their website would be beautiful and then I would show up and feel a little bit disappointed. The opposite occurred when I visited hummingbird house. I wasn't that excited about going to visit but once I got there was surprised by how beautiful the grounds looked.

Sent on 01/24/2014

Perfect Perfect Perfect! Danny and Courtney are an amazing team and do a great job at making you feel like a princess and giving you everything you could imagine for your special day. I don't know what we would have done without these two, Thank You again for all you hard work.
    This venue is absolutely gorgeous with all the greenery and the large tents, open and spacious. With the amazing chandeliers and tent lighting you can customize to fit your color schemes it was perfect.
    All I can say is that they did an absolutely AMAZING job, I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you, Natalie and Pete! We were so thrilled to be a part of your special day! We can't wait to see your wedding pictures!

Kari · Married on 02/23/2013

Hummingbird House is a beautiful venue! I couldn't ask for more, it included a day of wedding planner and many extras that other places would charge you for!

Sent on 03/13/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thanks, Kari! We loved working with you and Travis!

Michael · Married on 12/30/2012

Loved our wedding at Hummingbird House. Danny and Courtney did such a great job from the day we visited. All throughout the they were very responsive and helpful. Danny and Courtney also acted as our day of wedding coordinator and they did a fantastic job.

As you can see the venue is absolutely amazing. The work that Hummingbird house puts into their venue to make sure it is beautiful year round really shows.

I can't say enough about how happy we are that we picked Hummingbird House as the venue for our wedding.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thanks Mike and Halley! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you both : )

Lindsey · Married on 12/29/2012

We used The Hummingbird House as our reception venue only, and it was truly wonderful! Courtney was such a dream to work with - she was incredibly helpful, informative, accessible, fun, flexible...I can't say enough great things about her! From the very beginning, everyone at The Hummingbird House was so eager to answer our questions and help make our wedding day perfect.

We got married on probably one of the coldest days of the year (naturally) and Courtney and Danny did everything they could to keep our guests warm and comfortable. It was obvious they truly cared about making our day perfect and special. All of our guests commented on how beautiful and wonderful the venue was!

The folks at The Hummingbird House work to take care of every little detail and let you just relax and enjoy your wedding day. We HIGHLY recommend them to any- and everyone!

Sent on 01/05/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thanks Lindsey and Luke! We loved being a part of your special day : )

Claudia · Married on 12/08/2012

I got married this past weekend, Dec. 8th, 2012 at Hummingbird House and I have to say that the venue far exceeded my expectations. Courtney was with me the day before at our rehearsal and the day of and I couldn't have done it without her help those two days. She went above and beyond to make sure I stayed stress-free and she managed it. Everything the day of flowed smoothly and without any problems. Courtney and Danny both were amazing. Family and friends are still raving about how beautiful the venue was! Thanks again for making my day feel truly magical!

Sent on 12/12/2012

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you Claudia and Noel for introducing us to The Ballet Folklorico! Talk about magical!!

Heather Nicole · Married on 12/02/2012

What can I say, the staff at Hummingbird House was FABULOUS! I saw the images online but they do not do HH justice, it is so much more beautiful in person! As soon as we walked into the garden I knew this was exactly where I wanted our wedding to be... The day of the wedding was flawless and I know that it was because of the staff at HH... Danny and Courtney were easy to work with, extremely responsive and very professional from beginning to end. Anyone would feel at ease having their event here... thank you for making our day beautiful, wonderful and stress free!!!!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you, Nikki and Brian! It was such a pleasure to work with you both!

Karen · Married on 12/01/2012

This is the place to have your wedding! The flowers, to the archway, to the tent, to the lights on the trees! It was ALL so amazing! I had so many friends from out of town just fall in love with the place! It is PERFECT for an outdoor wedding that won't cost you a fortune! Check it out! Danny is So great! He made my wedding run SO smoothy!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you, Karen and Aaron! We loved working with you!
  • Marshall & Ximena

Marshall & Ximena · Married on 11/10/2012

Danny, Lauren, and Courtney are amazing. Throughout the entire planning and the event itself, there was nothing they couldn't do! Setting up meetings with vendors (we're and out of town couple), supplying the most amazing vendor recommendations, and making sure we were taken care of.. they went above and beyond anything we could have expected.

The venue is absolutely amazing and beautiful, and needed little decoration.. but the team was so helpful in organizing ideas with our florist, and helping set everything up, and keeping the night moving along seamlessly.

They are so accommodating, so welcoming, and just so nice, that we can't imagine having gone anywhere else. It's almost laughable if anybody chooses another venue for their wedding. The Hummingbird is absolutely perfect in every way!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thanks Marshall & Ximena! You two are amazing and we had a blast working with you!

Jenae · Married on 11/02/2012

If I could rate higher I would. My husband & I got married at the Hummingbird House on Nov. 2, 2012 and truly could not have asked for a better venue. The beautiful garden setting was even more amazing than I ever expected. Obviously the venue's beauty speaks for itself...

We got an opportunity to work with all of the staff during our 10 month planning & special day. They were the nicest people & made sure everything went according to plans. Not only did they take care of all the set up & break down, they made the night flow perfectly and popped up at all the right times to bring us a bite or a drink (which was above and beyond in my opinion).

They also made accommodations for a very ill relative/ minister so he could be a part of our special day & have a place to rest (and put my mind at ease).

We had the most romantic & beautiful night & so happy we picked Hummingbird House. Our guest reviews were stellar as well & just confirmed our thoughts. Thank you guys for the best night of our lives! It was PERFECT. :)

Sent on 11/20/2012

Hummingbird House's reply:

Thank you Dan & Jenae! We didn't want the party to end! Too much fun!

Steve · Married on 10/19/2012

The wedding for my daughter last Friday was nothing short of fabulous. Over 100 guests, and every one of them thought the HH was simply gorgeous. That goes without saying as soon as you see the place. But it is the Planners at HH, Lauren, Courtney, and Danny, that really help make it so special, make it look so fabulous, and ensure everything goes flawlessly, which our wedding certainly did. Their help, ideas, coordination, and even getting directly involved with me setting up the sound equipment I brought in to sing during the ceremony makes this place a dream venue for any parent about to marry one of their children. The Planners helped us find special caterers that did an entire vegan meal, and recommended the best photographers, DJ, florists, etc that you would ever need. I am actually going to miss going out there because it is so beautiful, tranquil, and serene. In the days immediately after the ceremony, I felt like I had lost a friend. I would recommend HH to anyone about to plan a wedding without any hesitation.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Hummingbird House's reply:

Steve, your song to Steph and Taylor was so touching! We loved being able to spend the day with you and your family!

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2012

They were so friendly and helpful with everything! They helped make our wedding absolutely perfect! The venue is gorgeous all the flowers and trees wrapped in lights! I got so many compliments from my guests on how beautiful the venue was!

Sent on 01/29/2013

maya · Married on 09/29/2012

I got married at Hummingbird House last Saturday. I have been planning my wedding for a year and a half. All of the staff of HH have been there every step of the way. Keeping me calm and helping coordinate all my vendors.

My wedding day was full of rain, but cleared just in time for the ceremony. They kept everything on track and on schedule without it ever feeling pushy or rushed. My day was perfect from start to finish. I can not thank them all or recommend them highly enough to any bride that wants an amazing and beautiful wedding day. I should also add my photographer is now in love with the site.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/28/2012

I could not have asked for an easier place to get married. Danny and the team make the wedding planning much less stressful and are very easy to work with. The day of the wedding was amazing and ran so smoothly thanks to them! They take care of every little detail you could think of and will answer as many questions as needed. They help you feel relaxed, comfortable and at ease in the craziness of planning a wedding.

Sent on 10/22/2012