Hummingbird House Reviews

Hummingbird House 3
Hummingbird House 4
Hummingbird House 5

Jason · Married on 06/22/2019

Fairy tale atmosphere with the best Coordinator on the planet!

This place was incredible. I am going to break it down into key parts:
    1) The ceremony space: When you think of a fairy tale wedding this is what you have in mind. Our ceremony was on July 5 at 5:30pm. The temperature was 95 degrees...and all the guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. Not one person complained about the heat! Based on the time all the seats were in the shade despite the venue be very open and spacious. Seeing people's reactions when they walked in was so exciting!
    2) Reception tent/area: Very nicely air conditioned and was plenty spacious for 190 guests. The dance floor was large but still close to all the tables to make it easy for everyone to dance. There is a great outdoor area next to the tent where we set up yard games which were a huge hit!
    3) Coordinator: Courtney is completely amazing! The words I am about to write won't do her justice. There is an extra fee to get her day of support but my wife and I couldn't imagine executing this event without her. She had every detail for every vendor on point. She tracked people down for specific events (cake cutting, the Horah, receptions exit, drone photo, etc.) . Everyone tells you that your wedding day is about you and your bride/groom but in reality it often feels that isn't the case. I can tell you that Courtney makes you feel like that day is about you. She made sure we had food, that we got drinks, that I didn't have to worry about anything besides dancing. In almost every case she had things taken care of before I had to ask her. I had 100% confidence that she was going to make the event successful and she delivered. Even our guests couldn't believe how good she was. She absolutely made our day amazing.
    4) Tips for the venue: The venue comes as-is with no catering, bartending, DJ, speakers, musician, etc. This was a plus for us because it gave us the freedom to hire the best vendors possible and to not have to use ones from a specific list. Truth be told we ended up using some of their preferred vendors (catering, string music, flowers, etc.) only because they were so good! We also save a TON on alcohol! We had top shelf liquor from Specs (MacCallan 12, Grey Goose, Hendrick's, etc.) and beer and wine for 190 people for around $3000. All the vendors we chose had worked at Hummingbird House at some point and all love it! It made working with multiple vendors much easier because they know the space. One additional benefit is that you get the venue for the entire day! No one else is having a wedding before or after yours so the flexibility of when to start and end is significant. Please note, or venue cost was for 13 hours!!!!
    After looking back at our wedding there isn't one thing we would change. This venue and Courtney are incredible!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Sallade · Married on 05/11/2019

Best day of my life

My husband and I got married at the Hummingbird House on May 11, 2019 and I cannot say enough good things about it. Of course, the venue itself is gorgeous. The grounds are pristine and everything is tastefully done. But that is not what sold us on this place, it was the customer service. From the moment we toured the venue, we were treated with warmth and respect. The owner, Danny, was professional yet fun and showed us that he truly cared about our day. We worked the coordinator Courtney some as well and she was equally as amazing. Danny was our coordinator for our day of because Courtney was out of town and he absolutely blew us away. He put me so at ease, had an answer to all of my many questions, and just had every little detail taken care of. Booking this venue was the best decision we made for our wedding.

Sent on 06/21/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 03/15/2019

Beautiful!

We had our wedding at the Hummingbird House on March 15th and couldn't have been happier with the venue. Our guests were extremely impressed with how beautiful the venue is and how many locations within it were ideal for pictures. Danny is amazing and was very easy to work with during the booking process and Courtney was ridiculously helpful in the lead-up to the wedding and on the actual day. The location is great and they'll even let the guests leave their vehicle at the venue overnight if they've had one too many. I highly recommend Hummingbird House for your wedding!

Sent on 04/06/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 03/03/2019

Natural, Whimsical, Bohemian

Everything about this venue is absolutely amazing. From the natural aesthetics to the add-on packages.. we were thoroughly in love with doing business with this venue and thoroughly in love with how our wedding day turned out. Courtney was a godsend. We couldn’t be happier with how beautiful our day was.

Hummingbird House 6
    Hummingbird House 7
    Hummingbird House 8
    Hummingbird House 9
    Hummingbird House 10
    Sent on 04/08/2019

Sidney · Married on 03/30/2018

Hummingbird House is a fantasy venue straight from our dreams with a staff that is marvelous to work with. We discovered this venue online and setup a tour right away. The venue speaks for itself, with a beautiful garden that doesn't need much decoration at all, especially for the ceremony. We had our wedding at the end of March and the gazebo was fully flowered and our guests made so many compliments about the venue. Not only that, but Danny and Courtney were amazing to work with! Danny was kind and made us feel welcome right away on our tour, and Courtney, our day of coordinator.... no words can describe how helpful she was on our big day. From coordinating with our vendors and making sure everything went smoothly, to mitigating surprises that inevitably come up on a wedding day, she made our day perfect and made things that could have been disastrous funny memories.
    They also are a really flexible venue that allows you to pick the vendors that will make your day special, but they don't leave you in the dark and do provide awesome preferred vendors as well.
    Cannot recommend this venue enough!

Hummingbird House 11
    Hummingbird House 12
    Hummingbird House 13
    Hummingbird House 14
    Sent on 04/22/2018

Rachel · Married on 12/02/2017

This venue is amazing! I looked at several venues in Austin but nothing compared to the natural beauty and amazing outdoor/indoor space for our wedding. Courtney, the wedding coordinator, is super responsive and willing to work with you on any questions that you have in order to make your wedding day perfect!

Hummingbird House 15
    Hummingbird House 16
    Hummingbird House 17
    Sent on 01/07/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 11/11/2017

We looked at countless wedding venues in and around Austin, but each venue we visited was missing something. When we finally visited Hummingbird House we knew immediately it was going to be the venue for our big day. The venue itself is absolutely magical, from all the exotic flora and fauna, to the pool and the little architectural touches around the property. The plants at Hummingbird House are beautiful and there are so many of them you don’t really need to get as many flowers for your big day as you would have at most other venues. Standing on the wedding grounds you are surrounded by so much breathtaking nature. The staff were amazingly friendly and a true delight to work with. Courtney (coordinator) and Danny (owner) really went out of their way to take care of us. We even had some of our vendor contacts email us to tell us what what an amazing job Courtney is doing as our coordinator and what a pleasure she is to work with. Our big day went off without a hitch and we couldn’t have asked for a better backdrop for the pictures or setting for the big celebration with family and friends. If you’re on the fence or just trying to figure out where you want to get married, visit Hummingbird House and experience the magic for yourself!

Hummingbird House 18
    Hummingbird House 19
    Hummingbird House 20
    Hummingbird House 21
    Sent on 12/28/2017

Nickolas · Married on 07/02/2017

The most amazing sunset wedding and reception. Loved the staff and accommodations!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Adriana · Married on 03/24/2017

Hummingbird House checked off ALL of the boxes for a wedding venue for us! I was starting to lose faith we would find a venue that didn't have a secret clause that we would discover after we got home and reviewed the contract.
    Hummingbird House was completely transparent with us and worked with us to make our day everything we wanted from day ONE. And let me say, the beautiful gardens in the venue helped us save a lot of money in decorations. Who needs to bring in floral arrangements when you have beautiful mother nature tended so beautifully? Courtney was lovely to work with for anything logistical we needed and Danny keeps the venue looking like a fairytale! When our wedding photos came back, I thanked my lucky stars again that I picked Hummingbird House, the lush green backdrops were so gorgeous! I highly recommend a visit to the venue, you won't find a better match in the Austin area!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Georgia · Married on 12/17/2016

We are so happy we chose Hummingbird House to be the place we celebrated our special day! Hummingbird House was the first and only venue we visited and that's all it took. I knew I didn't want to waste time looking anywhere else because I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. Not only is the venue breathtaking but Courtney is amazing. The minute she took over, a load was lifted off my shoulder and I knew I was in good hands. I'm still told how beautiful the wedding and place was. You won't regret choosing Hummingbird House!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Carly · Married on 11/19/2016

If you are trying to decide whether or not to book this venue, DO IT! This was by far the best choice I made when planning my wedding. Courtney is beyond amazing and I would have been completely lost without her the day of the wedding. Not only is this an amazingly beautiful place to have a wedding, but Courtney goes above and beyond, making this venue well worth the money you will pay for it.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Heather · Married on 10/09/2016

Hummingbird House was our first venue to tour and we wish it had been our last. We went to one other venue appointment because we did not want to be rude and cancel an hour before. That second place never stood a chance. Hummingbird House was our venue from the moment we got into the Bridal Suite and met Danny. I remember emailing him from the parking lot of that last venue asking him to send us the contract. We couldn't dare let anyone grab our date by wasting more time with other places. Even our puppy Vladimir loved it!

We may be five months behind in our review, but my husband, Kai, and I had a better day than we could have ever imagined for our wedding. The weather was amazing, (I'm giving Courtney that credit) the venue was set up and arranged perfectly, and we never missed the important moments of our wedding thank to Courtney's ninja-like day of coordinating skills. She knew just when to be there to help us and when to let us sit back and soak it all in.

Thank you to the amazing team. As a coordinator myself, I don't know how they do this with the small staff that they have. Goes to show that it's not about the number of staff members, rather, it's about the quality and heart of the people who work there. They do the work of 10 people on a daily basis and are in the business of ensuring perfection for their clients. We hope to call them friends from here on out and cannot wait until we have the opportunity to visit HH again.

Love,
    -Heather, Kai, and Vladimir

Sent on 04/11/2017

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

We had our wedding here on June 18th and are officially obsessed with Hummingbird House. Courtney was AMAZING and made sure every detail was perfectly in place. The venue is magical - all of the greenery and flowers make it feel like an enchanted garden. The small details such as the succulent walls and string lights add a lot too - it is intimate, romantic, and beautiful without any added decorations. My day went perfectly with Courtney's help coordinating. I can't thank Hummingbird House enough for our great wedding! All of my guests raved about how amazing of a venue it is, and I have nothing but great memories of our wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2016

Cadie · Married on 05/27/2016

I can't say enough about how beautiful the Hummingbird House was on our wedding day. Courtney and Danny were amazing. The day-of I was able to relax and enjoy getting ready, while Courtney oversaw the decorations and directed the vendors where to go. All of our guests kept telling us they couldn't believe how gorgeous the venue was. It really was the wedding my husband and I dreamed of. Thank you!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Madeline · Married on 03/05/2016

Exceeded all expectations! I wanted a venue that could provide an outdoor ceremony area and tented reception. When we visited Hummingbird House there was no need to look further. The venue is a dreamy garden oasis! The climate controlled pavilion was an added bonus. Getting married the first week of March ran the risk of it being cold so it was nice to have the option of a heated reception area if needed. Danny and Courtney are awesome! We met with Danny to see the venue and he was very helpful with all our questions and offering up ideas. I loved that HH gives a preferred vendor list but you are not obligated to use it. We ended up using most vendors from their list but it was nice to have the freedom to choose and not for an added fee like most venues out there. They actually understand that it's your wedding and are very accommodating and helpful to make sure your vision comes to life. One of the best thing about HH is we could actually relax the day of, enjoy mimosas and have fun during our getting ready process.
    I ended up planning everything myself leading up to the wedding and then having Courtney as our day of coordinator. She is the best! When we met her for our planning meeting she was on top of everything. She helped us with the layout, schedule, and coordinating with all the vendors which was a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. Courtney made the day of run smoothly and everyone in the family, including my parents, was able to actually enjoy the wedding without worrying. 100% worth adding her service in. The day of was absolutely perfect. The property was gorgeous, the weather was perfect, and everyone had so much fun. I couldn't imagine a better venue and the HH team helped make our wedding a dream!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Stacey · Married on 10/16/2015

Beautiful Venue... Just had my wedding oct 16th, it was the perfect backdrop to the most important day of my life. Courtney is the greatest! She is very easy to talk to, professional, organized, and very responsive. She made sure everything ran smoothly and it did! Worth every penny spent to have such a great venue to host my wedding.
    highly recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Kayleigh · Married on 04/18/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue along with Courtney and Danny! We booked this venue VERY last minute (10 days before our April wedding) when our other venue suddenly couldn't accommodate us, and they were nothing less than a God-send. We got extremely lucky that they'd just had another couple reschedule and were able to squeeze us in! Courtney was amazing while we were replanning our entire wedding during that 10 days and did everything she could to help us get everything lined up perfectly. On the day of, she made sure everything went smoothly (despite the monsoon that blew in that evening) and we had a beautiful wedding day. As far as the actual venue goes, I don't know that I can find words to describe just how beautiful the grounds are. It's a perfectly manicured garden, unlike so many other venues that are overpriced dead fields. There are gorgeous water features and different types of flowers everywhere that make for amazing pictures. We ended up taking back a lot of the decor that we'd purchased once we booked this venue, because it just wasn't necessary. Absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Rachel · Married on 04/03/2015

This venue is absolutely perfect. I can't imagine a more beautiful setting for our wedding and reception. Courtney, the on-site coordinator was such a pleasure to work with. She was quick to respond to questions prior to our wedding and day of she was an absolute life saver. She made my wedding completely stress free which enabled me to have the time of my life. I highly recommend this amazing venue. Its perfect for all types and styles of events!

Sent on 05/01/2015
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/05/2014

I fell in love with the venue online, and it was absolutely stunning when I finally got to tour it with Courtney. I changed my wedding date (only by a day :) ) to make sure I could book this venue. The venue has a lot of amenities that many others didn't offer (tables, chairs, beautiful grounds), or connections with other vendors to make everything as easy as possible. Courtney was amazing during the entire wedding process, and even though I had hired outside coordinators, she was there every step of the way the day of, immediately getting on the phone and fixing a linen rental mix-up with the vendor even though they were closed! She was incredibly professional and attentive to details.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Jen · Married on 09/28/2014

First of all, every aspect of this venue is GORGEOUS. From the Bridal Suite to the ceremony area, the details and natural beauty of this venue are stunning. Another thing we really liked about this venue is that it was inclusive of so many things (chairs, guest tables etc.), which saved us a lot of money and stress in the end!

My highest praise, however, goes to the staff of Hummingbird House. Courtney, our coordinator, made everything so incredibly seamless for us - I couldn't imagine doing this without her! Not only was she an amazing asset throughout the planning and day-of coordination, but she really just brought an amazing attitude and spirit to everything that will always be remembered. Words can't express how much we loved this venue!

Sent on 09/30/2014

If you want a beautiful memorable wedding, get married here! Every inch of this place is simply beautiful. I was worried, getting married in late June that it would be too hot or not lush and gorgeous and I was wrong! It was absolutely perfect. Everyone there was so accommodating and easy to work with. So many people have told me how beautiful the venue was. People who have seen our pictures ask me about the venue commenting about how many different backdrops there are in pictures and how amazing the place looks. I am so grateful we chose the Hummingbird House.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Victoria · Married on 06/07/2014

I'm in love with Hummingbird House. This is probably the most beautiful venue in Austin but I'm biased because they helped me pull of my dream wedding.

Weddings can be stressful but Courtney will be right there with you the entire way. She was amazing. She took care of everything. She was 2 steps ahead and had the whole wedding under control. I want her to be my life coach.

The venue is beautiful. It was everything I dreamed it would be. It's so romantic. Thanks to Hummingbird House and Courtney for making my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 07/02/2014

The Hummingbird House is beautiful! Everyone loved it and thinks it creates a "fairy tale" wedding. I agree, it was a wonderful venue. Danny, one of the owners showed us around. He was great. Courtney helped us along the way and was there through the rehearsal and big day making sure everything went smoothly. She did an amazing job, and you would be lucky to have her helping you through your wedding day. There is a designed bridal suite and groom's suite, which is great (and not available at all venues). Everything is outside, beautifully manicured lawns and flower beds, and has super cute lighting all around. The package includes the wedding seating and tables and chairs at the receptions which is a big savings. We loved that there was a tented reception area, dedicated area for the wedding, and a separate bar area. We had a cocktail hour while we were taking pictures and there was plenty of space for yard games and guests to sit, drink and chat. Courtney helped with all of the set up the day of as well as packing everything up and getting it into cars for us to get it home. Overall, is was perfect and we were so happy that we decided to go with Hummingbird House.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Lauren · Married on 03/15/2014

I can't say enough about this venue and Courtney Gayle. They made the entire experience & most of all my wedding day, one of the most memorable and amazing days of my life. They were always so helpful and prompt about everything! The wedding turned out beautiful and stress free on the day of the wedding thanks to Courtney Gayle. I would recommend this venue to anyone and, I assure you, you will have a great experience and you will be glad you chose the Hummingbird House for any event you are planning!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Lesley · Married on 03/02/2014

Wow, the Hummingbird House and Courtney are amazing! I did not hire a wedding coordinator, and a big draw for me on Hummingbird House, other than the beautiful garden, was Courtney. She is very organized, communicative and helpful. The only unfortunate thing was that the weather dropped 40 degrees in a day! And it dropped to 26 degrees F that night. Wow. We had to have the ceremony in the tent, but it was so pretty, and Courtney had organized with me 2 days before to rent propane tanks and tent heaters...which was beyond helpful! It was still pretty cold, but we can't imagine how bad it would have been w/o those heaters! Courtney really was so on top of every task for the evening.
    So, if I could do it again, I'd get married here in the Spring or Fall...but oh well! It was wonderful, beautiful, and very memorable.

Sent on 03/17/2014