87 Reviews for Hummingbird House

Altar/Arches (1)
Centerpieces (1)
Decor (1)
Drapery (1)

This venue is amazing! I looked at several venues in Austin but nothing compared to the natural beauty and amazing outdoor/indoor space for our wedding. Courtney, the wedding coordinator, is super responsive and willing to work with you on any questions that you have in order to make your wedding day perfect!

Profile Picture Rachel, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We looked at countless wedding venues in and around Austin, but each venue we visited was missing something. When we finally visited Hummingbird House we knew immediately it was going to be the venue for our big day. The venue itself is absolutely magical, from all the exotic flora and fauna, to the pool and the little architectural touches around the property. The plants at Hummingbird House are beautiful and there are so many of them you don’t really need to get as many flowers for your big day as you would have at most other venues. Standing on the wedding grounds you are surrounded by so much breathtaking nature. The staff were amazingly friendly and a true delight to work with. Courtney (coordinator) and Danny (owner) really went out of their way to take care of us. We even had some of our vendor contacts email us to tell us what what an amazing job Courtney is doing as our coordinator and what a pleasure she is to work with. Our big day went off without a hitch and we couldn’t have asked for a better backdrop for the pictures or setting for the big celebration with family and friends. If you’re on the fence or just trying to figure out where you want to get married, visit Hummingbird House and experience the magic for yourself!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most amazing sunset wedding and reception. Loved the staff and accommodations!

Profile Picture Nickolas, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

Hummingbird House checked off ALL of the boxes for a wedding venue for us! I was starting to lose faith we would find a venue that didn't have a secret clause that we would discover after we got home and reviewed the contract.
Hummingbird House was completely transparent with us and worked with us to make our day everything we wanted from day ONE. And let me say, the beautiful gardens in the venue helped us save a lot of money in decorations. Who needs to bring in floral arrangements when you have beautiful mother nature tended so beautifully? Courtney was lovely to work with for anything logistical we needed and Danny keeps the venue looking like a fairytale! When our wedding photos came back, I thanked my lucky stars again that I picked Hummingbird House, the lush green backdrops were so gorgeous! I highly recommend a visit to the venue, you won't find a better match in the Austin area!

Profile Picture Adriana, 3/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so happy we chose Hummingbird House to be the place we celebrated our special day! Hummingbird House was the first and only venue we visited and that's all it took. I knew I didn't want to waste time looking anywhere else because I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. Not only is the venue breathtaking but Courtney is amazing. The minute she took over, a load was lifted off my shoulder and I knew I was in good hands. I'm still told how beautiful the wedding and place was. You won't regret choosing Hummingbird House!

Profile Picture Georgia, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you are trying to decide whether or not to book this venue, DO IT! This was by far the best choice I made when planning my wedding. Courtney is beyond amazing and I would have been completely lost without her the day of the wedding. Not only is this an amazingly beautiful place to have a wedding, but Courtney goes above and beyond, making this venue well worth the money you will pay for it.

Profile Picture Carly, 11/19/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hummingbird House was our first venue to tour and we wish it had been our last. We went to one other venue appointment because we did not want to be rude and cancel an hour before. That second place never stood a chance. Hummingbird House was our venue from the moment we got into the Bridal Suite and met Danny. I remember emailing him from the parking lot of that last venue asking him to send us the contract. We couldn't dare let anyone grab our date by wasting more time with other places. Even our puppy Vladimir loved it!

We may be five months behind in our review, but my husband, Kai, and I had a better day than we could have ever imagined for our wedding. The weather was amazing, (I'm giving Courtney that credit) the venue was set up and arranged perfectly, and we never missed the important moments of our wedding thank to Courtney's ninja-like day of coordinating skills. She knew just when to be there to help us and when to let us sit back and soak it all in.

Thank you to the amazing team. As a coordinator myself, I don't know how they do this with the small staff that they have. Goes to show that it's not about the number of staff members, rather, it's about the quality and heart of the people who work there. They do the work of 10 people on a daily basis and are in the business of ensuring perfection for their clients. We hope to call them friends from here on out and cannot wait until we have the opportunity to visit HH again.

Love,
-Heather, Kai, and Vladimir

Profile Picture Heather, 10/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

We had our wedding here on June 18th and are officially obsessed with Hummingbird House. Courtney was AMAZING and made sure every detail was perfectly in place. The venue is magical - all of the greenery and flowers make it feel like an enchanted garden. The small details such as the succulent walls and string lights add a lot too - it is intimate, romantic, and beautiful without any added decorations. My day went perfectly with Courtney's help coordinating. I can't thank Hummingbird House enough for our great wedding! All of my guests raved about how amazing of a venue it is, and I have nothing but great memories of our wedding.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/18/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor

I can't say enough about how beautiful the Hummingbird House was on our wedding day. Courtney and Danny were amazing. The day-of I was able to relax and enjoy getting ready, while Courtney oversaw the decorations and directed the vendors where to go. All of our guests kept telling us they couldn't believe how gorgeous the venue was. It really was the wedding my husband and I dreamed of. Thank you!

Profile Picture User6282262, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

Exceeded all expectations! I wanted a venue that could provide an outdoor ceremony area and tented reception. When we visited Hummingbird House there was no need to look further. The venue is a dreamy garden oasis! The climate controlled pavilion was an added bonus. Getting married the first week of March ran the risk of it being cold so it was nice to have the option of a heated reception area if needed. Danny and Courtney are awesome! We met with Danny to see the venue and he was very helpful with all our questions and offering up ideas. I loved that HH gives a preferred vendor list but you are not obligated to use it. We ended up using most vendors from their list but it was nice to have the freedom to choose and not for an added fee like most venues out there. They actually understand that it's your wedding and are very accommodating and helpful to make sure your vision comes to life. One of the best thing about HH is we could actually relax the day of, enjoy mimosas and have fun during our getting ready process.
I ended up planning everything myself leading up to the wedding and then having Courtney as our day of coordinator. She is the best! When we met her for our planning meeting she was on top of everything. She helped us with the layout, schedule, and coordinating with all the vendors which was a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. Courtney made the day of run smoothly and everyone in the family, including my parents, was able to actually enjoy the wedding without worrying. 100% worth adding her service in. The day of was absolutely perfect. The property was gorgeous, the weather was perfect, and everyone had so much fun. I couldn't imagine a better venue and the HH team helped make our wedding a dream!

Profile Picture Madeline, 3/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

Beautiful Venue... Just had my wedding oct 16th, it was the perfect backdrop to the most important day of my life. Courtney is the greatest! She is very easy to talk to, professional, organized, and very responsive. She made sure everything ran smoothly and it did! Worth every penny spent to have such a great venue to host my wedding.
highly recommend!

Profile Picture Stacey, 10/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tents

I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue along with Courtney and Danny! We booked this venue VERY last minute (10 days before our April wedding) when our other venue suddenly couldn't accommodate us, and they were nothing less than a God-send. We got extremely lucky that they'd just had another couple reschedule and were able to squeeze us in! Courtney was amazing while we were replanning our entire wedding during that 10 days and did everything she could to help us get everything lined up perfectly. On the day of, she made sure everything went smoothly (despite the monsoon that blew in that evening) and we had a beautiful wedding day. As far as the actual venue goes, I don't know that I can find words to describe just how beautiful the grounds are. It's a perfectly manicured garden, unlike so many other venues that are overpriced dead fields. There are gorgeous water features and different types of flowers everywhere that make for amazing pictures. We ended up taking back a lot of the decor that we'd purchased once we booked this venue, because it just wasn't necessary. Absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 4/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor

This venue is absolutely perfect. I can't imagine a more beautiful setting for our wedding and reception. Courtney, the on-site coordinator was such a pleasure to work with. She was quick to respond to questions prior to our wedding and day of she was an absolute life saver. She made my wedding completely stress free which enabled me to have the time of my life. I highly recommend this amazing venue. Its perfect for all types and styles of events!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with the venue online, and it was absolutely stunning when I finally got to tour it with Courtney. I changed my wedding date (only by a day :) ) to make sure I could book this venue. The venue has a lot of amenities that many others didn't offer (tables, chairs, beautiful grounds), or connections with other vendors to make everything as easy as possible. Courtney was amazing during the entire wedding process, and even though I had hired outside coordinators, she was there every step of the way the day of, immediately getting on the phone and fixing a linen rental mix-up with the vendor even though they were closed! She was incredibly professional and attentive to details.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/5/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First of all, every aspect of this venue is GORGEOUS. From the Bridal Suite to the ceremony area, the details and natural beauty of this venue are stunning. Another thing we really liked about this venue is that it was inclusive of so many things (chairs, guest tables etc.), which saved us a lot of money and stress in the end!

My highest praise, however, goes to the staff of Hummingbird House. Courtney, our coordinator, made everything so incredibly seamless for us - I couldn't imagine doing this without her! Not only was she an amazing asset throughout the planning and day-of coordination, but she really just brought an amazing attitude and spirit to everything that will always be remembered. Words can't express how much we loved this venue!

Profile Picture Jen, 9/28/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want a beautiful memorable wedding, get married here! Every inch of this place is simply beautiful. I was worried, getting married in late June that it would be too hot or not lush and gorgeous and I was wrong! It was absolutely perfect. Everyone there was so accommodating and easy to work with. So many people have told me how beautiful the venue was. People who have seen our pictures ask me about the venue commenting about how many different backdrops there are in pictures and how amazing the place looks. I am so grateful we chose the Hummingbird House.

Profile Picture User4299369, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I'm in love with Hummingbird House. This is probably the most beautiful venue in Austin but I'm biased because they helped me pull of my dream wedding.

Weddings can be stressful but Courtney will be right there with you the entire way. She was amazing. She took care of everything. She was 2 steps ahead and had the whole wedding under control. I want her to be my life coach.

The venue is beautiful. It was everything I dreamed it would be. It's so romantic. Thanks to Hummingbird House and Courtney for making my dream wedding come true!

Profile Picture Victoria, 6/7/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough about this venue and Courtney Gayle. They made the entire experience & most of all my wedding day, one of the most memorable and amazing days of my life. They were always so helpful and prompt about everything! The wedding turned out beautiful and stress free on the day of the wedding thanks to Courtney Gayle. I would recommend this venue to anyone and, I assure you, you will have a great experience and you will be glad you chose the Hummingbird House for any event you are planning!

Profile Picture Lauren , 3/15/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow, the Hummingbird House and Courtney are amazing! I did not hire a wedding coordinator, and a big draw for me on Hummingbird House, other than the beautiful garden, was Courtney. She is very organized, communicative and helpful. The only unfortunate thing was that the weather dropped 40 degrees in a day! And it dropped to 26 degrees F that night. Wow. We had to have the ceremony in the tent, but it was so pretty, and Courtney had organized with me 2 days before to rent propane tanks and tent heaters...which was beyond helpful! It was still pretty cold, but we can't imagine how bad it would have been w/o those heaters! Courtney really was so on top of every task for the evening.
So, if I could do it again, I'd get married here in the Spring or Fall...but oh well! It was wonderful, beautiful, and very memorable.

Profile Picture Lesley, 3/2/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have to second everything my husband said! Danny and Courtney were an absolute dream to work with, and I couldn't have imagined our wedding any other way. Thank you both so much for being so professional, creative, friendly, and overall amazing!

Profile Picture Marisa, 11/30/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot recommend Hummingbird House and Courtney enough. My husband and I both lived in Houston during our wedding planning process, and not once have we regretted booking Hummingbird House. Courtney has been a great help throughout the wedding planning process! She acted as my day of coordinator and definitely made me feel completely calm and stress free. Our wedding was at the Hummingbird House in November, shortly after the flooding in Onion Creek. Courtney and Danny are amazing...they worked around the clock to repair the venue in time for our wedding day. We could not have asked for anything more.

Profile Picture User3730282, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If we could give Courtney at Hummingbird House a 10-star review, we would! We LOVE her. We would adopt her but she's too close to our age and we would have to fight both sets of our parents to get her. Here's why: My husband and I got married on Nov 1 2013, two days after the torrential floods that damaged many south Austin homes and businesses. When Courtney, who was serving as our day-of coordinator, called me the morning before the wedding to let me know the roads to Hummingbird House were impassable, she already had another venue lined up and a plan to notify all vendors and simply change the venue - cool as a cucumber! Once I got over the shock, we worked together to pull off an absolutely PERFECT wedding! Our guests couldn't believe that this was plan 'B' and that she and the new venue staff had moved everything to a new location in 24 hours. To top it off, Hummingbird House covered all costs related to the last-minute change and offered to host a pool party next summer to make it up to us - even though they can't control the weather! Courtney made our wedding amazing and we look forward to celebrating with her again next summer! - Mr. and Mrs. Clayton

Profile Picture Molly, 11/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There is no better place to get married in Austin, Texas than the Hummingbird House. My husband and I personally looked at close to 10 venues, but researched dozens. Not only are the grounds of the venue beautiful and the bride and groom suites recently updated and gorgeous, but the care with which Courtney and Danny treat each couple is heartfelt. My husband and I are event planners by trade, and we know we couldn’t have been in better hands. Courtney tends to every detail, and we were confident in the fact that once the day arrived we’d be completely taken care of. We had the typical snafus of rain and shuttle delays and Courtney handled everything with grace and poise. We are so grateful to have found them and to have started our life together at Hummingbird House!

Profile Picture Brooke, 9/28/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was at the Hummingbird House on September 14th. I CANNOT say enough good things about the venue and Danny and Courtney. Throughout the ENTIRE process, they were bot extremely responsive and helpful which was very important to me as I was planning the wedding from New York and could only be in Austin a handful of times. They had wonderful recommendations, from the florist recommendation (the Gala Gal), to detailed recommendations for the day of, such as the chair ties and napkin placement. They were both there the day of my wedding and made me feel completely calm and stress-free. They were incredibly organized and took care of everything from setting up to coordinating with the band on the timeline and announcements, to the sparkler exit. We couldn't have asked for better service than we received from both Danny and Courtney. Everything was beautiful!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/14/13, 5 Reviews