HuieCo Events Reviews

HuieCo Events 7
  • Yang

Yang Qiu · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding Coordinator

Our wedding probably would've been a disaster without Jenn. She was extremely organized and on top of all my venue and vendor deadlines. She helped me create very detailed day of timelines, to-do lists, vendor instructions, and organized all of our vendors and family/friends who had roles in the event. With all her experience with previous weddings, she was able to anticipate problems or ask me about details that never would've even crossed my mind. My friend's were constantly remarking how un-stressed I seemed for having an upcoming wedding because Jenn helped take so much of the nitty gritty off my hands. And on the day of, she and her assistant Michelle put together everything to create a Pinterest-worthy wedding that was more than I could've imagined.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Kevin · Married on 09/22/2019

Amazing, easy and easy to work with

Jennifer was simply amazing, super organized, and easy to work with. Would recommend her to everyone and anyone who needs a coordinator. Thank you again Jennifer !!!!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Marie Sugisawa · Married on 05/18/2019

Stress Free Wedding Planning with HuieCoEvents!

We were fortunate to work with HuieCo Events throughout our wedding planning process. Jennifer was recommended to us by a few people and we're so glad we met her! Prior to meeting her, we had spoken to a few planners but we instantly connected and got along with Jennifer and knew we wanted to work with her.

Jennifer is extremely personable and organized that we had complete trust in her throughout the entire process. She puts together a detailed timeline (rehearsal and day of wedding), checklist (for us, vendors, bridal party, etc.) and quickly responds to all emails and texts. She handled vendor correspondences and contracts so that we didn't have to worry about the minor details. She also set up a calendar with reminders of when payments were due and when we should get certain tasks completed. She lives in the details, makes sure that nothing is missed and kept us up to date with important information.

On the day of our wedding, she delivered on everything she said she would when we first met her. She made sure everything was on time from first look (different location than the ceremony), making sure we got to the ceremony on time and everything was ready and set up at the venue. When I was changing outfits and my belt/sash would not go on properly, she had a kit to help pin it to my dress. She's able to work under pressure and come up with alternative solutions quickly. Everyone complimented and mentioned how great Jennifer was the day of the wedding and leading up to the wedding. She truly is organized and has excellent communication skills keeping everyone informed with updates. Some of our friends who were already married mentioned to us that she's the best planner they've seen. We're so grateful that she helped us out throughout our wedding process. We've always heard that wedding planning is stressful but it really didn't feel that way because of Jennifer. If you want a seamless and stress free experience, go with HuieCo Events! We are thankful for the friendship that we developed and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Que · Married on 10/27/2018

Getting to "I do!" without "Die, you!"

Jennifer is both a fantastic planner and a wonderful person to work with, choosing her to coordinate your wedding is choosing to have an amazing wedding with minimal stress. My husband and I planned our wedding all the way from Baltimore, MD so we needed a coordinator with whom we could readily communicate and rely on when choosing crucial aspects of the wedding.
    Now for the evidence. Months before the big day, she was in constant contact with not only us but also with all of our vendors. She went through our contracts and pointed out excesses or necessities that we would never have noticed. If we were missing a vendor for a particular occasion (i.e. hair & makeup, transportation), she was ready with recommendations. Need a bus, limo, Segway, space shuttle? Jennifer has the connection. When I was making a quick trip to Los Angeles, Jennifer went out of her way to meet with me. She drove from North Hollywood to my house in Northridge, claiming that it was on the way to Alhambra—its not. And I know she cares because she made that drive at 3pm in LA traffic and I wouldn’t even do that for a blood relative. 10 minutes before my husband and I made our grand entrance to the reception, my bustle came undone. Within seconds, there was Jennifer pinning left and right the layers to my dress which numbered in infinity. She doesn’t cave under pressure and she’s always ready with a contingency plan. She is the swiss army knife of weddings.
    She made us feel special and made sure our event was uniquely tailored to us, which she achieved by taking the time to actually get to know us! I honestly have no idea how she manages to do it all, and we are eternally grateful for everything she has done for us. We trusted her to decorate and design our venue how she saw fit, and everything turned out so beautifully! She saved our wedding more times than we could count and we are eternally grateful that we partnered with her to coordinate our event.

Sent on 11/03/2018
    HuieCo Events 8
    HuieCo Events 9
    HuieCo Events 10
  • Lin

Lin · Married on 08/08/2018

The most exceptional wedding planner

Jennifer was EXCEPTIONAL in ensuring that our special day would be as smooth as possible for our destination wedding! She consistently checked in to see that we secured out vendors, offered tips on how to save money on decor, and had the most detailed checklist. Jennifer is a perfectionist, and her organizational skills surprised even myself - making sure all the i's were dotted and t's crossed. At times there were hiccups, as can be expected to plan an event overseas, and Jenn's professionalism in helping coordinate our day with all of our vendors definitely helped us feel relieved so we could enjoy our day. She went above and beyond, and created beautiful personalized vow books for us! We also had a traditional tea ceremony and small reception back in Northern California a couple months later, which she was able to easily and quickly help coordinate. Jenn will take care of you and help execute the vision of your dreams!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Lisa · Married on 07/21/2018

If you're searching for a wedding planner still, look no more. Jennifer provides expertise like a professional yet supports you like a friend. In my opinion, the main things are expected of any planner, and of course she manages them with finesse. Her communications are error free and clear, and she’s so efficient! When it comes to wedding planning, you want answers asap and she provides exactly that. But, Jennifer knows that's the minimum. It’s the little things that sets her apart. When I stay up until 3am, she would be up until 4am incorporating my suggestions into the timeline and reaching out to vendors regarding the changes.
    She’s a compassionate listener, who constantly checks in and offers help. She remembers every little detail from every conversation. And she’s doing all of this ON TOP of a full-time job? Can you imagine what she’s capable of accomplishing if she actually did this full-time?
    We really gave her a run for her money. As a couple, we were very ambitious about our big day by packing in as many activities as possible. Leveraging 10 vendors and a good number of friends for various roles for the wedding, so automatically that’s a lot more work and people for her to manage.
    Regarding the details, the most memorable moment was when my husband’s button on his tux fell off right before we had to do our grand entrance followed by first dance. He was adamant about buttoning his tux. This is when Jenn proved she’s extraordinary. She busts out her sewing kit and literally sews his button back on, just in time for our entrance. My mind was completely blown.
    I’ve gotten so many compliments from our guests specifically saying our wedding was the most organized, well-planned wedding they have attended. Jennifer 100 percent contributed to this outcome. There isn’t a single better investment than hiring Jenn as our planner of all the vendors we hired for the for the wedding.

Sent on 08/13/2018
    HuieCo Events 11
    HuieCo Events 12
    HuieCo Events 13
    HuieCo Events 14
    HuieCo Events 15
    HuieCo Events 16

Darwin Tse · Married on 07/21/2018

The only wedding planner you need to consider

This review is long overdue.

There should be no other wedding planner you need to look into outside of Jennifer.

She was absolutely amazing for my wedding in LA this past July. She goes above and beyond the call of her duties and was so very easy to work with. She really made our wedding 100% problem-free. Not a single thing went wrong and it’s all because of her. You hear the horror stories of all the things that go wrong on wedding day, but Jennifer made our day feel like a perfect fairytale.

A few highlights:

1. Regularly checked in with us in the months leading up to the wedding and carefully planned out our timeline well in advance of the big day.
    2. Super duper great attention to detail.
    3. Great with managing vendors and telling them what to do and where to be - excellent leader.
    4. On the day of the wedding, she made sure we stayed on schedule without any feelings of being rushed.
    5. Always making sure we were doing ok throughout the day and always touching us up when needed
    6. Button on my tux came loose right before the grand entrance into the reception; and within minutes she was patching it up with a sewing kit that she pulled out of nowhere. Magic I tell you.
    7. There’s more greatness to tell about Jennifer the wedding planner, but I think these reviews have a character limit.

Overall, she really made me and my wife enjoy our wedding day (and week) to the fullest. That is saying a lot since it was the best week of my life - and she put in an extensive amount of time and effort to make that happen.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Nick · Married on 04/21/2018

Every couple should hire a wedding planner, and Jennifer is the best.

We had a destination wedding of 320 guests in Malibu and 2 days of events--a welcome dinner at a private estate then a church ceremony at Our Lady of Malibu and dinner reception at Calamigos Ranch.

Major crisis 4 weeks before our wedding. The original venue for the welcome party canceled on us without explanation. The news was devastating. With less than a month to go, we had to find a new space, with limited time and budget, that would accommodate 300+ guests in the Malibu area AND rent bathrooms, a generator, furniture, food, bartenders, lighting, sound for a live band, AND 12 shuttles to transport our out-of-town guests from their hotel and airbnbs.

It was a gargantuan task, and we were on the verge of a nervous breakdown. But Jennifer didn’t bat an eye. She went to work right away and found 3 venue options, made site visits for us, selected all the party rentals for the new space, designed floor plans, and coordinated with the hotel, transportation shuttles, and all the vendors to create one of the livest and most beautiful welcome parties ever, with less than a month’s notice.

The next day she coordinated our spiritual ceremony at Calamigos Ranch, cocktail hour on the ferris wheel lawn, and dinner reception at the Pavilion at North Point. Everything went on without a hitch. Our friends and relatives all had a wonderful time; many said it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. The photos and videos came out fantastic, the memories so happy :). It certainly was the best weekend of our lives. That’s why we can’t thank Jennifer enough. Our wedding turned out so much more beautiful and perfect because of her. So glad we picked her to plan our wedding.

Sent on 06/07/2018
    HuieCo Events 17

Thuy · Married on 04/21/2018

Among the thousand wedding decisions we had to make, hiring Jennifer was the best one because it made wedding planning so much less stressful, and it freed up our time to focus on the things we liked about the wedding. We both have jobs, lives, travel, and stuff. Although we probably could have planned the entire wedding by ourselves, it would have turned out much crappier, and the planning would be pure misery. There were so many things we didn’t have to worry about because Jennifer would scout the places for us, or find us cheaper vendors, or negotiate for us, or craft stuff out of her garage so we wouldn’t have to buy them or look for them. She’s a jack of many trades.

Working with Jennifer is like hanging out with one of our best friends. She is fun, funny, easygoing, smart, and cultured. Jennifer is always on time. She picks up phone calls or calls back right away. She replies to texts and emails right away. She’s open to whatever we want to do, helps us with options if we don’t know, and then goes out and makes it happen. She kept us organized, on time, and optimistic.

Jennifer anticipated our needs, listened with an open mind, and offered suggestions when needed. Her network of vendors surpassed our expectations, and if we needed or wanted something else, she’d find options for us in no time. She is super meticulous and has the needs and desires of the wedding couple and guests always in mind. She has great taste in fashion, decor, food, and trends, which translated into a successful, picture-perfect event full of happy guests. Her pricing is fair--actually what we paid is cheap considering the effort, value and results we received in return. HuieCo Events gets our highest recommendation.

Sent on 06/07/2018
    HuieCo Events 18
    HuieCo Events 19
    HuieCo Events 20
    HuieCo Events 21

David · Married on 12/17/2017

Words can’t express our gratitude to Jennifer Huie for being such an amazing wedding coordinator. As a man, I was pretty clueless to how much details go into planning an event. Our wedding had over 300 people attending, and all my wife only had to do was look beautiful and she did. Everything went better than I personally expected. It went so well, even my brother contacted her for his wedding. Again words can’t explain how thankful we are to Jennifer and her crew!!

HuieCo Events 22

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2017

Me and my husband found out about Jennifer through a co worker. We have interviewed a couple wedding planners before her but when we met, we got along right from the start. Sparks flew! She was easy to work with and understood the kind of couple we were. She was professional yet easy going and fun. She was my best friend through all the planning of our wedding. She listened to what we wanted and gave us suggestions when we didn't know. She was very flexible and always available. I only had her for the 3 months of coordination but I would text and email her the whole year I was planning and she always responded. I was convinced that we were the most annoying and obnoxiously drunk wedding party she had to deal with but she pulled us in all together and made sure my ceremony and wedding went accordingly. I don't know if wedding planning would have been as much fun as it was if I didn't have her around. Same goes for the wedding.We enjoyed our wedding so much and I don't know if that would have been possible without her help.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Philip · Married on 10/20/2017

Very friendly. Very good response time. Took care of all the things we asked her to and more. Helped reduce the stress my wife was going through. She's the best!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Linda · Married on 09/30/2017

Huie and her team was the first vendor we booked and we're so thankful that we booked her! Our Chinese wedding of about 300 guests would not have ran so smoothly if it weren't for her and her team. Huie created a custom package for us that best fit our budget and needs. Even though our wedding was in Norcal, she made it work by being very responsive and accessible via email and text. She even flew up to San Francisco to meet with us and our vendors. As a bride, the decisions that need to be made can be quite overwhelming especially when you don't know which details are important or should be asked. Huie's strength is in her attention to all and every minute detail, which made it very easy for me and my now husband to stay organized and make smart decisions during our wedding planning process. I'm a bit of a control freak but it was easy to let her take the lead on many things as she is very responsible, follows through with everything and always had our interests in mind. Huie is also great at adapting to last minute changes, which was the case during the last two weeks leading up to our wedding, she was very patient, courteous and worked with us to communicate with our vendors. Lastly, she's also a very sweet, fun and thoughtful person to work with and we're so glad that we became friends during this process. We love her to pieces and we're so glad that she was our wedding coordinator!

Sent on 11/28/2017

R · Married on 04/25/2017

I don’t know how my wedding would have happened without Jenn’s help. We hired her for our month of coordinator as a close friend had recently used her and had nothing but great things to say. She was extremely detail oriented and organized and we would happily refer her to any of our friends. Thanks Jenn for taking the work and stress out of our day so we could relax and enjoy our big day!

Deanne · Married on 12/17/2016

We are so grateful to have had Jennifer as our wedding planner. She is extremely organized, detailed oriented and helpful. Planning a big wedding is so multi-faceted and can be truly daunting. It was such a relief to have her as a resource throughout the wedding planning process. She was always quick to respond when we had any questions. Best of all, she is open, thoughtful, and easy to work with. We can't thank her enough for everything she did to make our special day run as smoothly as possible!

Sent on 12/30/2016

David · Married on 12/17/2016

Words cannot explain how grateful we are for Jennifer Huie. She went above our expectations as a wedding coordinator. As a man, I never knew how much work goes into details when planning a huge event. Our wedding had over 300 people attending and the only thing my wife had to do was to look beautiful. Jennifer and her crew did the rest. Even my brother noticed how awesome our coordinator was and he also used her for his wedding!

HuieCo Events 23

Aiko · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband and I were planning our SoCal wedding from the Bay Area and the month of coordinator I hired was pretty much useless. She was so bad that after my wedding, I ended up having a lengthy conversation with the owner of the company she worked for to tell her how disppointed I was in the service she provided. If it wasn't for Jenn stepping in and helping us from Day 1, I don't know what we would have done!

By now, all brides know that hiring a wedding coordinator is a MUST HAVE. But from my experience, a better advice from me to you is to hire the RIGHT coordinator. Trust me, it makes all the difference in the world to have a competant and highly organized coordinator who is passionate about her clients. Jenn is exactly that and more. If I can give her more than five stars, I would! She is extremely detail oriented (her famous "to-do" lists and excel planning sheets are amazing and were sooo useful for keeping us on track!), responsive (I did most of my planning late at night and she seriously responds to emails asap no matter how late), knowledgeable (she gave us tips on how to save money, which local vendors to go with, etc), proactive (she was so great in anticipating potential issues and bringing it to our attention before they became actual issues), and overall a joy to work with. Basically, she acted not only as our wedding coach but our life coach during that time....keeping us organized, sane, and "cheerleading" us on to the finish line. We can't thank her enough for her friendship, kindness and professionalism in helping us execute our wedding successfully. I highly recommend Jenn and her wedding services! I guarantee it'll be the best and easiest decision you'll make about your wedding!!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Caroline · Married on 07/23/2016

Thank goodness for HuieCo Events! Jenn was our day of coordinator but went the extra mile by helping to organize, dot i's and cross t's, days before our wedding-- super helpful as things start to get a little hectic before the big day. My husband and I, along with all of our guests, had so much fun at our wedding & it couldn't be pulled off without HuieCo's organization & attention to detail. Can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day flawless! -xxoo caroline

Sent on 12/29/2016

Gene · Married on 07/03/2016

Words cannot explain how thankful I am to have (Jennifer) Huie plan my wedding.

I hired Huie to plan my wedding on July 3rd, 2016 and she made the entire process stress free and easy! I know my husband and I were not the easiest couple to plan a wedding for, as we were completely clueless. Huie knew exactly how to get us on track and she thought of every single detail down to the minute. She’s also extremely responsive and is great at setting expectations.

She was also very keen on picking up our sense of style and helped us choose great vendors. The wedding was perfect and stress-free, all because of Huie. Even the vendors, venue staff, bridal party, and parents were raving about how amazing of a planner she is! She really went above and beyond to put on the most perfect day for us!

Sent on 07/06/2016

EMILY · Married on 05/29/2016

First off, I must mention that planning a wedding is not easy especially if you are the most indecisive bride (ME) and have an overbearing mother (MINE). Initially I thought I could plan a 250+ wedding by myself, but I was SOO WRONG. After all the craziness that comes with a wedding, one of the best decisions I ever made throughout this whole wedding process was choosing Jennifer to help plan my wedding. Jennifer Huie has many packages that meet the needs of her clients. For me, I chose the partial coordinator package and I think Jennifer went above and beyond her role as a planner. I never met such a hardworking and detailed person before. Jennifer Huie guided me and basically held my hand throughout the whole planning process which I needed and appreciated. From all her excel sheets that helped keep me organized, from her just being available all the time when I needed someone to talk to, were just some of the few reasons why I loved working with Jennifer Huie. More importantly, I am sure every bride has this problem. PINTEREST. I found that I had TOO many inspirations from Pinterest and wanted everything incorporated on my wedding day. Luckily, someway, somehow, with Jennifer Huie and her expertise, guidance, and excellent vendor list she was able to achieve everything I wanted. I wanted to be able to bring the "outdoors" into an indoor venue but on a budget while trying to not make the place look tacky. She was able to put all my thoughts into one theme/concept "vintage secret garden." There was this hedge concept that I was trying to incorporate to achieve that theme, and I think Jennifer Huie did a great job in researching and working with the florist to make sure that my vision came true. I highly recommend Huieco Events because they are a group of responsible, hardworking, and understanding people to work with. They really understand what it takes to make a bridezilla’s dream wedding come true. It was the perfect wedding thanks to Huieco Events!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Jenny · Married on 10/17/2015

Let me start off by saying that I was an extremely picky but indecisive bride which I've heard is a wedding vendor's worst nightmare :P. Jenn Huie managed to pull off our dream wedding despite the many hiccups and made our wedding seamless. She is extremely detail-oriented, organized, prepared and yet still creative and great with helping with design. Her team was extremely professional and really was the anchor that not only prevented our wedding from falling apart but made it so much better than what we had imagined.

She is so detailed and organized that my other vendors were impressed. And she prepared us so well ahead of time so that our vendors knew what we wanted. When things were not going according to plan, she made sure that we still got our dream wedding. Jennifer is someone who wholeheartedly is just as enthusiastic about your envisioned wedding that she would do anything to make sure it was still carried out as best as possible while never letting you catch a glimpse of the stress.

We were just so blessed to have Jennifer and her amazing team to help us manage the stress leading up to the wedding and to basically handle it all on the day of. Hiring Huie Co was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. And for any bride that is seeking a detail-oriented, emotionally supportive, dependable planner who makes you feel as if wedding planning still can be fun, then Huie Co Events should definitely be at the top of your list!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Marilyn · Married on 09/18/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Jennifer from HuieCo Events for the month of the wedding. From the first day to the very end she made our wedding day a day we can never forget. Our wedding venue was at Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. They required that we hired at least a day of coordinator for our wedding day even though we had a venue coordinator at the Skirball because of all the little details that needed to be handle with outside vendors.

My husband and I had no clue about weddings because we were never apart of a wedding party, nor were our friends. She was very organized and detailed oriented. From her many experiences with weddings, she brought up things that we didn't even think of during our walk through of the venue. She always came prepared with the list of the "to do's" that we needed to complete or even consider.

Jennifer is very flexible and understanding. My husband was very involved with the wedding planning because of my night shift schedule. Jennifer and my husband helped coordinate several things for the wedding, execute vendors, and even planned a last minute surprise confetti during our first dance. She always communicated through text and email for any questions and concerns. There were so many last minute details that she helped coordinate with vendors.

On wedding day, she had a team of assistant coordinators to help with the wedding. She made sure that things were properly placed, ideas that we had being executed, and made sure we were enjoying our day. Even through unexpected situation she always had a plan B.

I would definitely recommend Jennifer and her staff to coordinate any event. She is professional, responsible, creative, and reliable. She made our dream wedding become a reality. We are so blessed to have Jennifer and her team be a part of our wedding. Our family and friends raved about Jennifer and the team. It was like a fairytale event.

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/08/2015

I don't know what I would have done if my husband and I didn't hired Jennifer to be our day-of wedding coordinator. We would have definitely been running around like chickens with our heads cut off. She is very organized, responsive, detailed orientated, always prepared and professional. She was always one step ahead of me. When I had something on my mind, I would try to get in contact with Jennifer to get them resolved, but she had already taken care of it. It's like she knew what I was already thinking and had taken care of the situation before it escalated to anything major. She was always proactive and never waited until I needed something. She took the initiative to check in on us and to let us know she would be handling this or that and to make sure we didn't worry about anything. She actively kept in contact with our vendors to ensure contracts were executed and to ensure timelines for the day of wedding were confirmed. I never had to worry since I knew we were in good hands. Jennifer managed to balance a full-time job, coordinate multiple weddings and her own personal life. I'm not exactly sure how she does it! Overall, I would definitely recommend Jennifer and HuieCo Events for your coordination needs.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Jennifer was referred to me by my high school best friend. I got married this past summer in Los Angeles. She was able to squeeze my wedding event in her busy schedule--thank you! From the very beginning, Jenn was quick in all forms of communication and was incredibly accommodating to our busy work schedules. Jennifer really listened to what we envisioned and piece it together for our Big Day. She's incredibly organized and comforting throughout the process. The best part of it all is that, I caught myself laughing and having fun with her so much that it felt like we've been friends forever! I highly recommend Jennifer Huie and her wedding coordination services. You will love her!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Evelyn · Married on 11/01/2014

Without a doubt, I was truly blessed to have such a great wedding coordinator before my wedding day and for the day of. Jennifer Huie is AMAZING. From Day 1, she just went above and beyond. I would always tell my then fiancé, "I don't know what I would do without Huie," and he would always reply with "Me too, I don't know what I would do." She probably saved us some arguments :) Wedding planning and the idea of it is just too stressful for me, especially with a full time job that requires long hours and critical thinking. It was the last thing I wanted to do after work. I feel like Jennifer took a load off my and my then fiancé's shoulder. I put all my trust in her because I just knew she had the skills to do a great job. More importantly, I knew that she wanted my wedding day to be just as perfect as I wanted it to be. She is very knowledgeable, proactive, patient in my delay of responses , organized, and passionate in what she does. Jennifer provided me with a very detailed timeline, a comprehensive layout, creative tips, vendor management, help on my vendor search, tools to keep my wedding details organized, managed my tasks that needed to be completed and more! My advice to future brides is to leave it to the experts and hire HuieCo~! On the day of my wedding, everything went as planned because Jennifer knew what had to be done and took action and control. Because of HuieCO (Jennifer and her assistant Candice), I was able to be worry-free, stressed-free and I can honestly say I loved and enjoyed my wedding day from the moment I woke up on 11.01.14.

Sent on 11/15/2014