Hourglass Photography Reviews

23 | Salem, MA

23 Reviews for Hourglass Photography

Grace O. · Getting married on 12/05/2021

Above and beyond!

Kelly was absolutely amazing as a wedding photographer. My husband and I had never used a professional photographer of any sort, so we were a little nervous going in. But Kelly made us feel so comfortable, not only with her but with the camera. She really captured the love we have for each other and how happy we are to be officially starting this new chapter of our lives. The photos are gorgeous!!

Also, I want to note that Kelly really goes above and beyond for her clients. She took a very small job, our 8 person quarantine ceremony, and stayed extra long to make sure we got great shots of everyone. She was completely prepared, having sent me a shot list and questionnaire beforehand. We also received the digital photos so quickly and a couple weeks after a beautifully wrapped memory stick with all the pictures. Overall, our experience with Kelly was great and we can't wait to use her for our big shindig next year!

Sent on 06/15/2020

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much for the kind words! I really try to give my all for my couples and I'm beyond glad you could feel the love and that I helped you feel comfortable :) It was so great getting to know you both and incredible to share in your day, thank you!
  • Ali

Ali M. · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Professional, Kind, Extremely Talented

Terrific photographer and person. Kelly went WELL BEYOND our expectations. She was extremely professional and at the same time, we felt so comfortable with her; she helped all our pictures look fantastic and natural. If you are considering Kelly along with other photographers, I hope you use this as your sign to go with her, you will not regret it and in fact, you'd regret not doing it! She had samples to us the same night as our wedding, and the entire album in less than two weeks!

Sent on 08/03/2020

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you for the amazing kind words! I'm glad you had a great experience and felt comfortable with me! I'm grateful you let me share in your day and that you're so happy with your photos!
  • Mel

Mel B. · Married on 09/09/2020

the BEST wedding photography

Kelly and her husband Derek were an amazing duo to work with on our wedding day 9/21/19, and we cannot say enough about Hourglass Photography! From day one when we met for our engagement shoot, Kelly made us feel incredibly comfortable which is not easy to do in front of the camera. She was able to capture some of the most authentic shots of us on the beach that day, which excited us for what was to come on our even bigger wedding day! We were not disappointed.

Kelly took care of every photo I wanted with my girls while Derek took care of the men. They set up where we wanted to do our first look, and it was MAGICAL. Kelly and her husband let my husband and I soak up the moment with each other, we forgot there were even pictures being taken! They let us take our time embracing the moment, and never once interrupted or told us to start posing. I CANNOT WAIT to see these photographs! Kelly had a list of every photo combination we asked for including attention to details and decorations. She was incredibly organized and worked beautifully with our videographer.

Kelly and Derek made sure that we got every single picture we wanted, and they even stayed late into the night to capture some of the crazy dancing and pictures out on the terrace with friends and family. Working with her was a breeze, and she made what could have been a very stressful part of wedding planning extremely easy. She sent us 5 sneak peek photographs TWO DAYS AFTER OUR WEDDING… talk about efficiency! These photos are unbelievably stunning, and we cannot wait to see the rest. THANK YOU KELLY & DEREK!! We will 100% recommend you to anyone looking for an amazing, authentic, down to earth wedding photographer ☺

Sent on 10/18/2019

MEL!
    It was SO WONDERFUL getting to know you two and being able to share in your excitement through your engagement shoot and your wedding day! We had such a blast through your planning and then getting to see your vision come to life with your written vows in the beautiful vineyard followed by the killer dance party! Your words really mean a lot, I'm so beyond grateful we were able to deliver everything you wanted and help you enjoy the start of your marriage :) Thank you! Love, Kelly
  • Ali

Ali H. · Married on 07/04/2020

10/10 Experience

where to start.. Kelly went above and beyond what we ever could have expected for our backyard elopement; if you’re between a few photographers, use this as your sign to pick her! She made my husband and I feel so comfortable, and the pictures really proved it. She captured every moment with ease, our guests couldn’t even tell she was there! (Unless right in front of us) - she gave tips to make each picture flawless. We had samples within hours and the photos in less than a week. I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer and you’ll be just as lucky if you decide to work with her as well.

Sent on 08/02/2020

THANK YOU, Ali!
    It was such a pleasure to photograph your elopement, I'm thrilled that you're happy with the photos and the experience of working with me! I appreciate you sharing your kind words!
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 06/20/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Words cannot express how absolutely amazing Kelly was for our wedding. Due to Covid we were unable to use our original photographer and we weren't sure if we wanted to hire a professional photographer. But once we got in touch with Kelly we knew that we had to book her! She was just so down to earth and really made an effort to get to know us and our story. Her energy is so warm and welcoming and you can tell by the way that she talks that she loves what she does. We were so glad we decided to have Kelly capture our day. She made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera and our photos came out absolutely amazing. If you are looking for someone talented, genuine, and who is able to tell a story through their work than look no further and book hourglass photography!

Sent on 08/02/2020

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you, Kirsten!! I’m beyond glad I was able to add to your wedding day and memories :) I loved getting to know you and am sincerely so appreciative you asked me to share in your beautiful day! Thank you for the kind words and I wish you two the absolute best!
  • Siobhan

Siobhan S. · Married on 06/06/2020

Fantastic and affordable photographer!!!

Kelly was amazing! Planning a wedding during the coronavirus pandemic was pretty challenging but having Kelly ad our photographer definitely relieved a lot of stress! She was so responsive to emails and so helpful each step of the way! The pictures of our wedding cake out better than I had ever imagined!!! I look forward to having Kelly photograph other special events in the future! Can not recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 06/24/2020

Hannah B. · Married on 01/11/2020

Personalized. Intimate. Beautiful.

Our experience with Hourglass Photography was absolutely perfect. We were looking for a very specific type of photography, and Kelly was able to do exactly what we asked! She went above and beyond our expectations. My husband and I are awkward people and don't usually look good in photographs, but Kelly was so fun and kind that we immediately relaxed and we had so much fun. She genuinely cares about the people she photographs and is so excited for them. Our photographs turned out AMAZING. She is seriously the best around the North Shore. Choosing Kelly was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. We can't thank her enough. Seriously, you want Hourglass Photography.

Sent on 01/30/2020

Hourglass Photography's reply:

I'm THRILLED you had a great experience working with me, I really do care about the couples I photograph and it was amazing and so fun getting to know you two! It means so much to hear that I exceeded your expectations, helped you have fun and relax, and that you're happy with the photos! Thank you for the kind words and taking time to share your thoughts, I appreciate your feedback and that you asked me to share in your day!

Lily · Married on 11/23/2019

Kelly is absolutely amazing! My fiance and I were nervous about finding a photographer especially since we were from out of state and wanted to make the most of our Boston photoshoot. We were definitely not disappointed! Kelly was so responsive to our messages before the shoot and made us feel really comfortable in front of the camera on the actual day. End result: the photos are phenomenal! I can't stop looking at them!!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad I was able to help you feel comfortable and have a good time (I had a blast getting to know you too) and that you're happy with the end result! :)

Kelsey · Married on 11/08/2019

The best photographer ever!

Kelly is so amazing! She made my husband and I feel super comfortable in front of the camera. We had our engagement and wedding photos taken by her and they came out STUNNING!!! I am a plus size woman and was super nervous about having professional pictures taken. She made me feel so incredibly comfortable and stress free. She's the best!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Hourglass Photography's reply:

It was so great getting to know you two! I'm thrilled I was able to spend your engagement session and wedding with you! Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your wedding photography stress free and comfortably, that's what I strive to achieve!
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/06/2019

Kelly made us feel so comfortable!

Kelly is AMAZING! My husband and I are both really shy and we get suuuuper awkward when we're in front of a camera, but Kelly made us feel so comfortable! We actually ended up having a lot of fun during the photo time. We've already gotten a few preview photos back and they are seriously gorgeous! Kelly has a knack for capturing those real, special moments and we can't wait to see the rest!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Chelsea, thank you so much for the kind words! It means everything that you felt comfortable with me on your day, that you're happy with the end results, and that they captured you authentically. You two are so much fun and I had a blast getting to know you!
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 06/22/2019

Kelly was organized and prompt from the beginning! She was very accommodating in scheduling a time for us to do our engagement shoot as we were coming in from out of town. She picked a beautiful spot for us and even spent time researching it to make sure she got the lighting perfect. She sent us a prep guide with tips on what outfits to wear and everything which I greatly enjoyed! During the shoot Kelly was so easy to work with. She didn't make us do anything that we were uncomfortable in, and really just gave us suggestions and let us do the poses how we naturally would. The pictures were AMAZING! We've gotten so many compliments on them from friends and family! All of our friends were so impressed by the quality of our photos. I can't thank Kelly enough, she truly was amazing from start to finish! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sara! I had a great time with you two and I'm so happy you enjoyed the whole experience. This time is about you and I'm glad to be here to help :)

Mt · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing experience and gorgeous photos

We booked Kelly for our wedding last month and we couldn't be happier. She was so incredibly helpful, laid back, and thoughtful from start to finish. She and her husband Derek made sure we got all of the photos we wanted, and they all came out beautifully. We're so thrilled we had Kelly as our photographer and we would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thanks Melanie, it was so great to share in your day! I'm glad you were happy with the experience and the photographs :)

Evey · Married on 09/09/2018

My fiance and I took our engagement photos with Kelly and it was the best experience we could have hoped for! She is very responsive and friendly. She kindly offered to drive us to the photoshoot location so that we wouldn’t have to pay for parking! We felt extremely comfortable with her and she did a fantastic job of leading us through natural poses and kept us laughing the entire time. The photos themselves are lovely and plentiful (we got 150 photos that all looked well retouched in a great way). We highly recommend Hourglass Photography! :)

Sent on 11/13/2017

Hourglass Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you had a good experience! I had lots of fun with you two!

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2018

I am so happy that we chose Hourglass Photography for our wedding photos! We just got our wedding photos back and we are so so so happy with them. Not only are the ones of us beautiful, but Kelly got so many natural photos of our family and guests that are priceless. Every part of working with Kelly was so pleasant and easy, and I really appreciated the online contract & payments. On our wedding day, she made us both feel very comfortable and was so nice and friendly. I'm not usually super comfortable getting my picture taken, and so I super appreciated her demeanor, and my husband was also really happy with how everything turned out. I'm a big fan of Hourglass Photography's style. It was such a personal, lovely experience all around. Thanks Hourglass! <3

Sent on 08/22/2018

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thanks Jessica! I'm so happy you love your photos and feel that I captured your whole day! I work so hard to make sure you're relaxed and have fun on your day and I'm glad you were comfortable and had a good experience! Thank you :)
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/07/2018

My fiance and I just did our engagement shoot with Kelly and I really can't say enough good things about the experience. This type of thing is not the most natural thing for us, but Kelly made it fun and easy. She has a great eye for what's going to make a beautiful picture and she is awesome at giving useful directions and hints. I absolutely would not hesitate to recommend her to other brides and I am so excited to work with her again at the wedding!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Hourglass Photography's reply:

I had a blast exploring with you two and I'm so glad you had a good time! That's what it's all about :)

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Kelly was absolutely amazing! I cannot thank her enough for truly capturing the emotion and essence of our wedding. She was amazing to work with from beginning to end, and the photos we absolutely stunning. My husband and I don't alway love being in front of the camera and she made it so easy and comfortable. I highly recommend Hourglass Photography!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! I'm so glad I was able to make you two feel comfortable and capture the feel of your day! You were amazing and so much fun to work with :)

Pearl · Married on 06/02/2018

As an Event Planner, professionalism, followup, quality and value is key. Kelly entails all these traits and so much more. I had the pleasure of partnering with Hourglass Photography for a June wedding at the historic Gore Place. Kelly was not only fun to work with, but I knew that our couple was in great hands as my team worked to set up other tasks. Kelly is a team player and an outstanding professional. I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, they mean so much coming from such a respected planning professional! It was great working with you and capturing your beautiful work
  • Brigid

Brigid · Married on 05/12/2018

We’ve only received some teaser photos from our wedding on 5/12/18 and we are already beyond in love with what we’ve seen and can not wait for the rest! Kelly was so easy to work with and very responsive. We are not the biggest fans of being photographed and can be pretty shy but Kelly made us feel absolutely so at ease and comfortable being in front of the cameras and made us feel like we were naturals at it. Don’t forget about her extreme talent and her eye for getting the greatest shots. We could not be happier with our choice in choosing Kelly for our wedding!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Brigid, it was great to get to know you! I'm so glad that you are happy with the photos and working with me! Thank you!

Andrew · Married on 08/19/2017

We were lucky to hire Kelly on short notice for our daytime wedding in August, and we could not have been happier! Kelly took care of staging some quick outdoor photos with little guidance from us, and captured all of our guests in their element. Everyone loved the photos after the wedding. It was such a pleasure working with Kelly, and we could not recommend her more!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! You and your family were a pleasure, I was so fortunate to be a part of your day!

Casey · Married on 03/17/2017

My boyfriend and I booked a photo shoot with Hourglass Photography are we are thrilled with the pictures. Kelly, the owner, is super professional, easy to talk to, and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Kelly made sure to get multiple angles with every shot, so that we could find the perfect picture. She was also incredibly fast with editing the photos, and we were thrilled to receive them. It was a great experience and I'll definitely be booking again!

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Hi Casey, I'm so glad you had a good time! It was great getting to work with you and your boyfriend while exploring the cliffs :)

Courtney · Married on 01/01/2017

I worked with Kelly from Hourglass Photography and am so pleased! Kelly had a great response time with scheduling my shoot and a really quick turnaround-time for my photo-preview and edits! She has a creative eye and you can tell she puts a lot of work into her images. She was also super patient with me to ensure I got the images I wanted/envisioned! I would definitely recommend Hourglass Photography.

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! I'm very glad you were happy with my service and are also happy with the photos we created! I had a blast working with you

Derek · Married on 07/30/2016

Kelly's dedication, skill and creative eye are apparent from the very first interaction you have with her. No matter the occasion, she will get you the perfect set of photos to celebrate and cherish your moment. She is extremely professional, always smiling, willing to go the extra mile, and turns around the edited set of photos in record time! I can't recommend her enough

Hourglass Photography's reply:

Your review is so thoughtful! I'm glad you had a good time working with me, it was my pleasure! I love being able to work with you to capture memories :)

Jessica C. · Married on 09/19/2020

An introvert's dream photographer!

Having your photo taken can be such an awkward experience. Kelly set my husband and I at ease, providing natural direction rather than formal poses. She made us feel in the moment and I can honestly say that we enjoyed the part we thought would make us the most uncomfortable. The results were stunning.

I knew we had made a great decision when Kelly continued to be in frequent contact leading up to the big day and made us feel like she was thinking of us even if we didn't necessarily need anything from her. She was incredibly organized from start to finish and she was the only vendor I wasn’t concerned about! Kelly is incredibly thoughtful and accommodating - ensuring that she knows what is important to her clients. Our dog was one of those things - so rather than have us all spend extra time hiking the venue property, she loaded us (AND the dog) into her own car. Even more than that, I received a link to a sneak peek on the way home from our reception! Talk about going the extra mile!

I would definitely recommend that people consider Kelly and Hourglass Photography for their photo needs. We definitely hope to work with her again.

Sent on 03/09/2021