Kelly Stevens Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Alana D. Married on 05/07/2022

Best Decision We Made

Hire her!!
    Kelly has made our wedding a dream. She is just as excited for your big day as you are and she goes above and beyond to celebrate your love and everything that comes with it. She is 1000% onboard for anything! Warm and cozy at home, she'll do it. Including your pets? She's bringing the treats! Outside on a beach with whipping winds in 23 degree weather, yup, she's all in with handwarmers! Large scale wedding with 200+ people, she'll be there ready to go! She will be the your hype woman throughout the entire process with any decision you make. Kelly has showcased our love in its true, raw form. Our photos look like they belong in a magazine and were delivered to us earlier than expected. My partner and I try to not take life too seriously, and Kelly helped us capture that in the most amazing shoots, guiding us into certain poses but never making it feel like we were being "staged". I will be recommending and using Kelly for year to come :)
  • N Catanzaro
    N Catanzaro Married on 03/26/2022

Everything we wanted with little direction needed from us!

Kelly went above and beyond for our nontraditional ceremony. We had a ski wedding on top of a mountain, which required some unsteady terrain, lots of rock hopping and a very open-ended run-of-show itinerary, due to us being at the mercy of the weather. Kelly easily navigated the landscape and captured the dramatic backdrop of the mountains perfectly. She also sent it down a black diamond to get shots of our first ski run as a couple. As someone who always wanted a low-key wedding and almost didn't hire a photographer, I am so glad we were able to book Kelly. She was super flexible and knew how to manage our day even though we didn't have a set schedule. She even stayed an extra hour to help get some key shots before our family dinner. We highly recommend!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Neko - thank you!! Thank you for inviting me to a heart-felt intimate ceremony that was a sweet reflection of you both, thank you for opening up to me and allowing me to be one of your family and friends, and thank you for trusting me to capture your day in a way that really tells your story! And thank you for getting me out on the slopes!!
    Grace O. Married on 12/05/2021

Above and beyond!

Kelly was absolutely amazing as a wedding photographer. My husband and I had never used a professional photographer of any sort, so we were a little nervous going in. But Kelly made us feel so comfortable, not only with her but with the camera. She really captured the love we have for each other and how happy we are to be officially starting this new chapter of our lives. The photos are gorgeous!!

Also, I want to note that Kelly really goes above and beyond for her clients. She took a very small job, our 8 person quarantine ceremony, and stayed extra long to make sure we got great shots of everyone. She was completely prepared, having sent me a shot list and questionnaire beforehand. We also received the digital photos so quickly and a couple weeks after a beautifully wrapped memory stick with all the pictures. Overall, our experience with Kelly was great and we can't wait to use her for our big shindig next year!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much for the kind words! I really try to give my all for my couples and I'm beyond glad you could feel the love and that I helped you feel comfortable :) It was so great getting to know you both and incredible to share in your day, thank you!
  • Liz
    Liz K. Married on 09/25/2021

Amazing photographer

there are not enough words to describe how amazing Kelly is! Her attentiveness, her quick responses, her character, her smile her presence! Her work is amazing and she and her husband captured our wedding PERFECTLY! We are so in LOVE with our photos, and so is everyone who sees them! Her photos capture each genuine moment and use the perfect lighting. She has a clear talent and her work definitely shows it! She is a genuine person and was a doll to work with. Easily our most favorite vendor of our entire wedding experiences. I wish I could give 6 stars!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Liz - thank you so much!! It was an incredible experience working with you both and your families! I'm so honored you let me in and invited me to your intimate celebration and had as much of a great time as I did!
  • Ariel
    Ariel B. Married on 09/05/2021

Kelly photographed our wedding; she is the best!

My husband and I had never had professional photos done and were definitely feeling a little awkward about it, but Kelly made us immediately comfortable and helped us pose and look natural. She not only captured all the family/wedding party photos that we wanted, but all of the little details and fun candid moments as well. She is very sweet, professional and great to work with! The finished photos have a beautiful style, were delivered on time and are easy to share.

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Ariel - thank you for the kind words and letting me share in your day!! I'm thrilled you were comfortable and the photos felt natural and like a reflection of your day :)
    Addie G. Married on 09/04/2021

Kelly Was Amazing!

My husband and I found Kelly and this was when Covid was still a very big concern. Kelly was very flexible with us and let us know we could reschedule our wedding date if need be or she would change her price if we needed to make it smaller. From day one she made sure all of our questions were answered and that we were happy with the service. Kelly even last minute helped us film our wedding. She went above and beyond and the photographs were stunning. She made the day fun and memorable.
  • Marisa
    Marisa Married on 08/28/2021

100% recommend!!!

Like many couples, our wedding plans were foiled by covid and we decided to elope! Both our families are quite a distance away, so hiring a photographer who could capture the intimacy of our day to be able to be shared with them was critical. We were attracted to Kelly’s photography style based on her portfolio, but we knew she was a keeper once we had our first conversation. Kelly’s the best- she’s easy going, professional, fun, flexible and above all was committed to delivering all we could’ve hoped for and more. On the day of, Kelly made us feel so comfortable and gave us guidance when needed (even gave me advice when I was struggling with my hair and makeup!), but was never intrusive. She sent us some photographs the next day (which was so exciting since we didn't have any of our own to look through), and our complete gallery was sent in a beautiful keepsake USB. Kelly is so talented- all our family and friends have specifically commented on how incredible our photos are. We feel so lucky to have found her! Highly highly recommend her and her work!!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Marisa, I'm so thrilled I was able to share in your intimate ceremony and celebration! Thank you for the incredibly kind words - I'm glad you enjoyed all aspects of working together and the images we created!
    Shannon M. Married on 06/26/2021

Amazing photographer and person

Kelly is THE BEST. She did our engagement, wedding # 1 (covid), and wedding #2 photos and they were all stunning. She is so comforting and fun to be around. She captures every moment perfectly. All of our guests and especially our family LOVED her at the events and were even more stunned by her amazing work. Her photos are real, do not feel staged and are so fun! She just lets the couple's personality come to life! My wife and I will be asking Kelly to take our professional photos for as long as she will let us :) Long story short...HIRE HER!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Shannon! Thank you!! I loved getting to know you over the years and really enjoyed being a part of your celebrations! I'm so appreciative you both opened up to me and let me capture this amazing time in your lives! I can't wait to keep capturing your moments!!!
  • Qian
    Qian M. Married on 06/10/2021

The Best Wedding Photographer!

If you’re reading this and potentially deciding between different photographers, stop now and contact Kelly. Kelly is very responsive and easy to work with, professional, organized, and does amazing work. My wife and I looked at many portfolios, hers was the best and the pictures we received 100% lived up to her portfolio.

We looked at several portfolios online of different photographers. In many cases we saw some great edited photos, but as we dug in further or looked at actual delivered wasn’t as good. The photos we got from Kelly were as great as advertised.

We got many compliments about our photos, and to be honest we have the best wedding pictures out of all our friends. I already recommended Kelly to all my engaged friends.
  • Ali
    Ali M. Married on 06/07/2021

Professional, Kind, Extremely Talented

Terrific photographer and person. Kelly went WELL BEYOND our expectations. She was extremely professional and at the same time, we felt so comfortable with her; she helped all our pictures look fantastic and natural. If you are considering Kelly along with other photographers, I hope you use this as your sign to go with her, you will not regret it and in fact, you'd regret not doing it! She had samples to us the same night as our wedding, and the entire album in less than two weeks!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Thank you for the amazing kind words! I'm glad you had a great experience and felt comfortable with me! I'm grateful you let me share in your day and that you're so happy with your photos!
    Jackie D. Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing photos and experience

Hiring Kelly is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Not only are the photos from our wedding AMAZING, but working with Kelly both in wedding planning and on the day of our actual wedding was such a pleasure. On the day of she was everywhere at our venue, capturing every single moment. stunning. As someone who has trouble with feeling awkward in photos, Kelly went above and beyond giving helpful tips during portrait shots or making my husband and I feel more comfortable in front of the lens. She was also great with my family, friends, and over-excited dog too. This really comes through in the photos from our wedding! They are truly elegant, fun, and romantic. I couldn't be happier with them. Before the wedding, she helped us with the early stages of our timeline planning and had great recommendations for wedding planners and any other vendors. She was very kind and accommodating when it came to rescheduling our wedding due to the pandemic. Working with Kelly was a great experience and I couldn't recommend her enough.

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Jackie - thank you! I was honored to be a part of your wedding and I'm so thrilled you enjoyed working with me with wedding planning and on your day! It makes me so happy to help and see you have an amazing experience leading up to one of the most incredible days ever!
  • Mel
    Mel B. Married on 09/09/2020

the BEST wedding photography

Kelly and her husband Derek were an amazing duo to work with on our wedding day 9/21/19, and we cannot say enough about Hourglass Photography! From day one when we met for our engagement shoot, Kelly made us feel incredibly comfortable which is not easy to do in front of the camera. She was able to capture some of the most authentic shots of us on the beach that day, which excited us for what was to come on our even bigger wedding day! We were not disappointed.

Kelly took care of every photo I wanted with my girls while Derek took care of the men. They set up where we wanted to do our first look, and it was MAGICAL. Kelly and her husband let my husband and I soak up the moment with each other, we forgot there were even pictures being taken! They let us take our time embracing the moment, and never once interrupted or told us to start posing. I CANNOT WAIT to see these photographs! Kelly had a list of every photo combination we asked for including attention to details and decorations. She was incredibly organized and worked beautifully with our videographer.

Kelly and Derek made sure that we got every single picture we wanted, and they even stayed late into the night to capture some of the crazy dancing and pictures out on the terrace with friends and family. Working with her was a breeze, and she made what could have been a very stressful part of wedding planning extremely easy. She sent us 5 sneak peek photographs TWO DAYS AFTER OUR WEDDING… talk about efficiency! These photos are unbelievably stunning, and we cannot wait to see the rest. THANK YOU KELLY & DEREK!! We will 100% recommend you to anyone looking for an amazing, authentic, down to earth wedding photographer ☺

MEL!
    It was SO WONDERFUL getting to know you two and being able to share in your excitement through your engagement shoot and your wedding day! We had such a blast through your planning and then getting to see your vision come to life with your written vows in the beautiful vineyard followed by the killer dance party! Your words really mean a lot, I'm so beyond grateful we were able to deliver everything you wanted and help you enjoy the start of your marriage :) Thank you! Love, Kelly
  • Ali
    Ali H. Married on 07/04/2020

10/10 Experience

where to start.. Kelly went above and beyond what we ever could have expected for our backyard elopement; if you’re between a few photographers, use this as your sign to pick her! She made my husband and I feel so comfortable, and the pictures really proved it. She captured every moment with ease, our guests couldn’t even tell she was there! (Unless right in front of us) - she gave tips to make each picture flawless. We had samples within hours and the photos in less than a week. I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer and you’ll be just as lucky if you decide to work with her as well.

THANK YOU, Ali!
    It was such a pleasure to photograph your elopement, I'm thrilled that you're happy with the photos and the experience of working with me! I appreciate you sharing your kind words!
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten Married on 06/20/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Words cannot express how absolutely amazing Kelly was for our wedding. Due to Covid we were unable to use our original photographer and we weren't sure if we wanted to hire a professional photographer. But once we got in touch with Kelly we knew that we had to book her! She was just so down to earth and really made an effort to get to know us and our story. Her energy is so warm and welcoming and you can tell by the way that she talks that she loves what she does. We were so glad we decided to have Kelly capture our day. She made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera and our photos came out absolutely amazing. If you are looking for someone talented, genuine, and who is able to tell a story through their work than look no further and book hourglass photography!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Thank you, Kirsten!! I’m beyond glad I was able to add to your wedding day and memories :) I loved getting to know you and am sincerely so appreciative you asked me to share in your beautiful day! Thank you for the kind words and I wish you two the absolute best!
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan S. Married on 06/06/2020

Fantastic and affordable photographer!!!

Kelly was amazing! Planning a wedding during the coronavirus pandemic was pretty challenging but having Kelly ad our photographer definitely relieved a lot of stress! She was so responsive to emails and so helpful each step of the way! The pictures of our wedding cake out better than I had ever imagined!!! I look forward to having Kelly photograph other special events in the future! Can not recommend her enough!!!
    Hannah B. Married on 01/11/2020

Personalized. Intimate. Beautiful.

Our experience with Hourglass Photography was absolutely perfect. We were looking for a very specific type of photography, and Kelly was able to do exactly what we asked! She went above and beyond our expectations. My husband and I are awkward people and don't usually look good in photographs, but Kelly was so fun and kind that we immediately relaxed and we had so much fun. She genuinely cares about the people she photographs and is so excited for them. Our photographs turned out AMAZING. She is seriously the best around the North Shore. Choosing Kelly was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. We can't thank her enough. Seriously, you want Hourglass Photography.

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

I'm THRILLED you had a great experience working with me, I really do care about the couples I photograph and it was amazing and so fun getting to know you two! It means so much to hear that I exceeded your expectations, helped you have fun and relax, and that you're happy with the photos! Thank you for the kind words and taking time to share your thoughts, I appreciate your feedback and that you asked me to share in your day!
    Lily Married on 11/23/2019
    Kelly is absolutely amazing! My fiance and I were nervous about finding a photographer especially since we were from out of state and wanted to make the most of our Boston photoshoot. We were definitely not disappointed! Kelly was so responsive to our messages before the shoot and made us feel really comfortable in front of the camera on the actual day. End result: the photos are phenomenal! I can't stop looking at them!!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad I was able to help you feel comfortable and have a good time (I had a blast getting to know you too) and that you're happy with the end result! :)
    Kelsey Married on 11/08/2019

The best photographer ever!

Kelly is so amazing! She made my husband and I feel super comfortable in front of the camera. We had our engagement and wedding photos taken by her and they came out STUNNING!!! I am a plus size woman and was super nervous about having professional pictures taken. She made me feel so incredibly comfortable and stress free. She's the best!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

It was so great getting to know you two! I'm thrilled I was able to spend your engagement session and wedding with you! Thank you for the kind words. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy your wedding photography stress free and comfortably, that's what I strive to achieve!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 10/06/2019

Kelly made us feel so comfortable!

Kelly is AMAZING! My husband and I are both really shy and we get suuuuper awkward when we're in front of a camera, but Kelly made us feel so comfortable! We actually ended up having a lot of fun during the photo time. We've already gotten a few preview photos back and they are seriously gorgeous! Kelly has a knack for capturing those real, special moments and we can't wait to see the rest!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Chelsea, thank you so much for the kind words! It means everything that you felt comfortable with me on your day, that you're happy with the end results, and that they captured you authentically. You two are so much fun and I had a blast getting to know you!
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 06/22/2019
    Kelly was organized and prompt from the beginning! She was very accommodating in scheduling a time for us to do our engagement shoot as we were coming in from out of town. She picked a beautiful spot for us and even spent time researching it to make sure she got the lighting perfect. She sent us a prep guide with tips on what outfits to wear and everything which I greatly enjoyed! During the shoot Kelly was so easy to work with. She didn't make us do anything that we were uncomfortable in, and really just gave us suggestions and let us do the poses how we naturally would. The pictures were AMAZING! We've gotten so many compliments on them from friends and family! All of our friends were so impressed by the quality of our photos. I can't thank Kelly enough, she truly was amazing from start to finish! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sara! I had a great time with you two and I'm so happy you enjoyed the whole experience. This time is about you and I'm glad to be here to help :)
    Mt Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing experience and gorgeous photos

We booked Kelly for our wedding last month and we couldn't be happier. She was so incredibly helpful, laid back, and thoughtful from start to finish. She and her husband Derek made sure we got all of the photos we wanted, and they all came out beautifully. We're so thrilled we had Kelly as our photographer and we would absolutely recommend her!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Thanks Melanie, it was so great to share in your day! I'm glad you were happy with the experience and the photographs :)
    Evey Married on 09/09/2018
    My fiance and I took our engagement photos with Kelly and it was the best experience we could have hoped for! She is very responsive and friendly. She kindly offered to drive us to the photoshoot location so that we wouldn’t have to pay for parking! We felt extremely comfortable with her and she did a fantastic job of leading us through natural poses and kept us laughing the entire time. The photos themselves are lovely and plentiful (we got 150 photos that all looked well retouched in a great way). We highly recommend Hourglass Photography! :)

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

I'm so glad you had a good experience! I had lots of fun with you two!
    Jessica Married on 07/20/2018
    I am so happy that we chose Hourglass Photography for our wedding photos! We just got our wedding photos back and we are so so so happy with them. Not only are the ones of us beautiful, but Kelly got so many natural photos of our family and guests that are priceless. Every part of working with Kelly was so pleasant and easy, and I really appreciated the online contract & payments. On our wedding day, she made us both feel very comfortable and was so nice and friendly. I'm not usually super comfortable getting my picture taken, and so I super appreciated her demeanor, and my husband was also really happy with how everything turned out. I'm a big fan of Hourglass Photography's style. It was such a personal, lovely experience all around. Thanks Hourglass! <3

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Thanks Jessica! I'm so happy you love your photos and feel that I captured your whole day! I work so hard to make sure you're relaxed and have fun on your day and I'm glad you were comfortable and had a good experience! Thank you :)
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 07/07/2018
    My fiance and I just did our engagement shoot with Kelly and I really can't say enough good things about the experience. This type of thing is not the most natural thing for us, but Kelly made it fun and easy. She has a great eye for what's going to make a beautiful picture and she is awesome at giving useful directions and hints. I absolutely would not hesitate to recommend her to other brides and I am so excited to work with her again at the wedding!!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

I had a blast exploring with you two and I'm so glad you had a good time! That's what it's all about :)
    Pearl Married on 06/02/2018
    As an Event Planner, professionalism, followup, quality and value is key. Kelly entails all these traits and so much more. I had the pleasure of partnering with Hourglass Photography for a June wedding at the historic Gore Place. Kelly was not only fun to work with, but I knew that our couple was in great hands as my team worked to set up other tasks. Kelly is a team player and an outstanding professional. I highly recommend!

Kelly Stevens Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, they mean so much coming from such a respected planning professional! It was great working with you and capturing your beautiful work