Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Renee
    Renee Married on 06/04/2022

Beautiful Venue At An Affordable Price

My husband and I are so happy we chose to have our wedding at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar. We decided to scale down our wedding and have a ceremony with only our closet family and friends due to COVID (46 guests). However, I did not want to sacrifice on elegance and quality. We visited several venues and were shocked at the exorbitant cost or minimum head count requirements (given COVID) for many venues. But when I saw pictures of the Kimpton Palomar and saw how reasonable their wedding packages were, I knew we had found our place. This feeling was confirmed once we saw how beautiful the hotel is in person and met with Erin, their Director of Catering. Erin was always friendly, super responsive and patient with all of my questions, open to all of my ideas, and provided guidance/recommendations. I also appreciated her honesty when she felt something would not work. She promised that she would ensure that everything would run as smoothly as possible on our wedding day, and she delivered. She worked behind the scenes with the rest of the hotel staff to ensure everyone knew who we were upon arrival, all of our guest rooms were prepared, and the bellman staff had enough hands on deck to assist with our luggage and wedding materials. On the day of our wedding, we were running late from our photoshoot and were set to arrive back at the hotel while our guests were arriving. I was stressed about being late and walking through the lobby where guests could see me prior to the ceremony. Erin jumped into action and coordinated with the hotel staff and my wedding planner to quietly escort me back into the hotel through the service entrance. She met me at a hidden door with a calming smile and assured me that everything would be ok as she whisked me back to the beautiful presidential suite to freshen up prior to the ceremony. The set up and décor for both the cocktail hour and reception were complete according to my requests. With the exception of the entrée chicken being slightly dry, all of the food at the cocktail hour and reception were excellent and tasty. The bartender was outstanding. He was super friendly with all of my guests, made specialty drinks that everyone loved based on his conversations with them, and ensured that me and my husband always had a drink in our hands – even if he had to personally bring it to us. We received many compliments from our guests regarding the venue, food, and bartender, with some stating that it was the nicest wedding they had ever attended. I cannot say enough good things about the Kimpton Hotel Palomar. If you are looking for a beautiful venue for a smaller wedding at a reasonable price, I highly recommend this hotel.
  • Erika
    Erika Married on 04/22/2022

A Magical Night

First let me say, the staff was amazing!! I received multiple calls from my guests wanting to know where we got the staff from because they were so amazing. Special thanks to Erin who helped us organize and plan everything, she responded to questions quickly and gave sound advice when needed. Our event came out more perfect than i could have ever imagined…a night i will never forget
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
    Kevin T. Married on 02/12/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

As close to perfect as it gets

There is only one word to describe our experience at the Palomar…perfect. I have not one single complaint regarding our wedding. Erin was amazing she listened to our needs and came up with ideas and solutions to meet them. She emailed and communicated the whole time advising us on every step of the process. We decided we were going to get married in 62 days and Erin got right to work. The menu was amazing and the food was delicious! The package was amazing and every professional was just as amazing the florist, the DJ, the officiant, the cake was just amazing. Our guess loved the food, which for a wedding is hard but the food was amazing, the bartender made our entire night from creating custom drinks to keeping the alcohol flowing, the cake was so good, the DJ was spot on mixing just the right music and keeping the vibe going the whole night. I honestly can’t say enough good things about this place. I wish I could get married every year. Erin and her team at the Palomar took all the headache out the process. It was a one stop wedding shop. All we did was show up with a Photographer. Erin and her team took care of all the rest. Planning a wedding is tough and during a pandemic even worst but somehow Erin and her amazing team did it and in 62 days! Most importantly as a LGBTQ couple Erin made us feel welcomed and accepted she treated us with respect and every person and vendor also treated us with the up most respect. I couldn’t of asked for anything else.
    Sarah B. Married on 12/11/2021

Winter Wonderland Dream Wedding

My husband and I have always enjoyed visiting Philadelphia. Even prior to staying at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar, we decided to host our wedding and reception in their ballroom after getting engaged in 2019, due to the scenery and location alone. We started working with Erin Schwamb upon booking for the wedding, and cannot say enough good things about her and the establishment.

We had originally planned on getting married in December of 2020 but due to the pandemic, as one might expect, we pushed our wedding date out to December of 2021. From the beginning of the process, through the reorganization and renegotiation of the contract and until the very end, Erin was incredibly helpful, supportive and friendly. The hotel was clear in their timeline, kept communication open during the delay and their staff was always very helpful.

As we live out of town, we had to work through phone, email and zoom calls with Erin. She also worked very well with our wedding planner and all of our vendors to ensure that the day went off without a hitch. Our friends and family all came in from various locations and thought the hotel was beautiful and comfortable; all enjoyed their stay.

My husband and I will definitely visit Philly again as it is one of our favorite cities, and when we do we will be sure to stay with this establishment again. I would highly recommend working with Erin Schwamb at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar if looking for an event space in the beautiful Rittenhouse Square area!
    Beatrice N. Married on 09/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Lovely small wedding venue with top-notch staff

This venue is an ideal location, size, and provides a lovely atmosphere for a small intimate wedding. We had a 40 person wedding weekend at Hotel Palomar in late August where we hosted a Friday night cocktail hour and dinner in the Tyng room for a Welcome Party, followed by the wedding/reception in the ballroom next day, and ended with a brunch on Sunday. All events came out wonderfully and our guests couldn't have asked for more. Erin Schwamb is a joy to work with during the planning phase and day-of coordinating of events. We planned this wedding weekend in 4 months. Her professionalism, knowledge, flexibility and great communication make planning seamless. She goes above and beyond for her brides. The close relationship with vendors and packages are also attractive for brides who may not have a lot of time to shop around. I was very happy with all vendors chosen through the hotel - DJ, officiant, musician, florist. The food was excellent for all of our events. What really shined through also was the banquet staff led by Jenna. The service was exceptional. I have been to a lot of weddings and this team is superior. The team is professional, accommodating, detail oriented and my guests were certainly taken care of. Everyone had great things to say after the weekend was over. I was extremely pleased with how the weekend went. Would highly recommend having your wedding here. It's a great value for what you get.
  • Diana
    Diana M. Married on 06/12/2021

Great intimate wedding venue

We just had our 55 person wedding here this past weekend. We already knew the food was amazing, but our guests raved about its quality and also the level of service experienced while celebrating with us. Erin (catering manager) and her team went above and beyond to make our event memorable and as stress-free as possible. 100% would book here again!
    Travika T. Married on 05/22/2021

Absolutely Amazing

If you want to have an intimate wedding, this is the place. My experience from beginning to end was absolutely amazing. Erin, the coordinator made sure everything came together for our special day. The hotel staff was extremely professional and made sure our stay was comfortable. My husband & I had such an inviting experience.
    Ashley D. Married on 05/21/2021

Loved our beautiful wedding at the Hotel Palomar

Erin Schwamb and the Hotel Palomar staff were a delight to work with. Erin helped my fiancé and I curate a beautiful day for our wedding on May 22, 2021. The hotel is stunning with its decadent decor and we especially loved that the Palomar offers wedding packages. The wedding package included everything we needed. I personally loved that I did not have to seek out additional vendors. I would absolutely recommend having your wedding at the Hotel Palomar, you will not be disappointed!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie T. Married on 05/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful venue and excellent service!

I absolutely loved having my wedding reception at the Palomar. I was a Covid bride with a small group, and Erin did an incredible job making me feel like my event was as big and important as any other bride. The way she displayed my decor was so beautiful, and the food and service was amazing. I also loved having our first look photos on the library!

ThNk you so so much to Erin and team for making our day so special!
    Dennis C. Married on 11/29/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The perfect fit for our wedding

We worked with Lauren Fitzpatrick and she was wonderful. She was very responsive to our requests and was very helpful with planning our wedding. The staff at the wedding was friendly and helpful. The ballroom was beautiful and fit our wedding group of 80 perfectly.
    Grace C. Married on 11/23/2019

My wedding day

Having my wedding at Kimpton Hotel Palomar was the best decision I have made. All the staff taking care of us was wonderful. Erin, our event planner made the whole experience even better than what I had imagined. I had a small wedding but the experience that Erin created for us did not make the wedding feel small at all. I was thankful to have had my wedding at Hotel Palomar and so thankful for Erin.
    Samantha Married on 08/25/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From the first inquiry to the end of our wedding weekend stay, the staff at Hotel Palomar was accommodating, kind, and helpful. This boutique hotel simultaneously feels like home and like a luxurious indulgence! It is clean, well decorated, and unique! We celebrated our wedding ceremony this past weekend at Hotel Palomar and worked with Gary and Kito. They were a wonderful team, making sure our day went off without a hitch- and kept me out of my groom's sight! Our ceremony was intimate and charming, certainly due in part to the space. The ballroom is so pretty, and really can be transformed to fit any theme/ color scheme. Our vendors also worked directly with the hotel staff (usually Gary) and their communication was easy and productive.

We also worked with David and Jessica for our room block. While only briefly working with Jessica, David was harassed with our many silly questions and was very helpful and responsive.

We are already planning to stay at Hotel Palomar to celebrate every anniversary, we even considered staying this coming weekend! Wonderful place, wonderful people... if you're looking for a little something extra in the heart of center city, this is the place! We received so many compliments and we can't wait to go back!!
  • Jenna
    Jenna Married on 08/01/2018

Best Day Ever!

Entire experience was seamless. Booking my event was fun and no detail was missed. Up until the day of my wedding I had constant communication with Lauren and I knew I was in good hands.
    Day of my wedding the team was FANTASTIC and everything went flawlessly. Ballroom is gorgeous, the set up elegant, the service and food was top notch. My guests still talk about how gorgeous the hotel is and how good the food was.
    I did not have to worry about a thing as Lauren and the banquet team were on top of everything.
    Thank you for making my wedding so incredibly special and helping to create memories we will never forget
    Ashley Married on 12/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were beyond happy with our choice of venue. The woman we worked with was incredible. When there were things I was forgetting she was right there to keep me on track. The venue was BEAUTIFUL, the food was incredible and the service was far beyond what we expected.
    Bebe Married on 11/04/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We're already fans of Kimpton boutique hotels for their location, unique style, and extra amenities...but this venue was perfect for our small wedding of 60. We were really happy with the location and ballroom decor: the chandeliers and color scheme set a lovely scene.

We were very happy to find a venue for everything, so that our out-of-town guests wouldn't have to worry about driving in the city or parking. Our guests were thrilled by the location and the FOOD! We also had a small morning-after brunch, at which the staff conveniently set up our leftover flowers and decor.

The front desk reception was very kind and helpful to our family staying in the hotel, and the serving staff took great care of us during the entire wedding. My dear cousin specifically complimented the older bartender for knowing and preparing her drink order as she came up to the bar.

Finally, Amanda was wonderful to work with throughout the planning process! My husband and I met with Amanda several times and each time she was extremely helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. By the date of our wedding, it felt like she knew us and our preferences...she had our drinks and appetizers set up in our room so that we could enjoy a few minutes of quiet before joining cocktail hour. She took care of so many details so that we could relax, enjoy our evening, and spend time with our guests.
    Marla Event on: 06/03/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Palomar Hotel has the best catering staff and chef personnel I have come across in a long time. I planned 2 parties a formal Rehearsal Dinner and a Brunch long distance. Amy Binder was the contact person for all the initial planning and she was fantastic. We made menu changes, and service changes and through it all she handled everything beautifully. Jenna Wirth the Banquet Manager and her staff were fantastic at both events. We received compliments from all the guests on how wonderful everything was. Chef Caitlin and her staff really really shined for those events. The food was excellent. We made menu changes, and had people with special food requests which were taken care of smoothly and professionally. We had both parties in the Burnham Ballroom, which is beautiful. I would highly recommend this location. If I could plan an event this spectacular long distance that's saying something.
    Jonathan Married on 12/28/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    A superb location! The Hotel Palomar is well located for central Philadelphia. The hotel has a unique atmosphere and the design is super cool and hip. All these aspects played a part in why we selected the hotel, but ALSO working with a fantastic Director of Catering was important. Erin looked after us so well. She was professional, caring, understanding and accommodating. She offered great advice and referred vendors. Overall, the hotel executed the Wedding to our heats content. I work in hotels, so know the background and behind the scenes activity - all perfect. The food was excellent, the space beautiful and service was good. A number of our guests also stayed at the hotel along with us. Everyone commented on how well they were looked after and how engaged the staff were about our event. Very personal service and attention.
    Michelle Married on 12/27/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Very courteous and pleasurable to work with.
    Elizabeth Married on 11/14/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    After visiting several hotels, we knew that Hotel Palomar was the perfect haven for our out of town family, friends, and the bridal party! During the year leading up to my daughters wedding, Hotel Palomar became our home as I frequently traveled across country to be by my daughters side during the planning. We were always welcomed with a smile & contacted to inquire of any needs. The staff was attentive and professional. The rooms were always clean & inviting. Our wedding guests were able to gather in the lounge area during the cocktail hour each evening....and get a restful sleep after the weekend celebrations! The presidential suite was spacious, had amazing city views, and became a perfect space for my daughter and her attendants to prepare for her wedding. My daughter and her husband enjoyed their wedding night in the beautiful presidential suite. Before departing for home, a delicious post wedding brunch was enjoyed by everyone. Thank You Hotel Palomar!
    Kristen Married on 10/10/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding reception in Hotel Palomar's ballroom, and cocktail hour on the 24th floor. The building is simply lovely and really fit into the classy Art Deco vibe we were going for. Erin K. did an amazing job facilitating our vision of the night, and everything seemed to run seamlessly. I was looking for a turn-key venue, and this was it!
  • User2117958 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The staff at Hotel Palomar did everything possible to accommodate all of our needs. They did so with professionalism and warmth. If something was not workable, they offered well thought out alternatives.
    Meryl Married on 02/07/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had an overall amazing experience having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Hotel Palomar in Philadelphia. My guests did not stop raving about the food! the space! the service! and I am still overjoyed about our experience 2 1/5 months later. The food is delicious, not standard wedding fare, amazing dining experience. They took care of us and our guests. The petite ballroom space was perfect for our 60 guests, comfortable and did not feel too big or too small. Finished with a super brunch the next morning and the whole event became a perfect downtown destination weekend wedding. I can sincerely recommend having an event at the Hotel Palomar.
    Julia Married on 10/10/2014

OUTSTANDING venue and service

I could not recommend the Palomar or Erin Schwamb more. Planning my wedding through covid was an absolute breeze when it could have been a nightmare. Erin and her team were incredibly responsive, helpful, and an absolute delight to work with. If we had a question or concern, Erin was quick to respond and help problem solve (including sewing me into my dress day of when my clasp broke!).

We were provided crystal clear contracts and layouts to approve of and they were followed with an incredible attention to detail. Additionally, we found the value of the Palomar to be exceptional and the options for food and bar packages were the best of any venue we looked at. The space was absolutely beautiful and the the way cocktail hour was laid out was exceptionally unique and lovely in my opinion.

If you're considering a smaller wedding in Philadelphia, The Kimpton Palomar should be at the top of your list.
    Jennifer Married on 10/04/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I chose the Hotel Palomar because of their exemplary customer service. I was not disappointed. My wedding was absolutely wonderful and the food was outstanding! As a foodie, I particularly loved that the restaurant chef prepared all the meals and the food was locally sourced. Fabulous!

I gave 4 stars for value because there are a few other non-hotel venues that include some of the wedding extras (e.g. lighting, tables, linens etc.) in a comparably priced wedding package. However, I wouldn't have changed a thing. It was perfect :)
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message