Hotel ICON Reviews

1 User photo

• Hemblina

Morgan H. · Married on 02/22/2020

AMAZING Venue and staff

We absolutely LOVED getting married at Hotel Icon! We had our cocktail hour and reception for about 100 guests. The events coordinator, Kia, was so easy to work with. She responded to messages very promptly and answered all my questions. The venue staff the day of was INCREDIBLE! They fetched anything my husband or I needed and were just such a delight to work with. My wedding here was a DREAM! Everything went perfectly! My guests couldn't stop raving about the delicious food (highly recommend the chicken with mardi gras sauce and the steak) and open bar. We can't rate Hotel Icon highly enough!

Sent on 02/28/2020

Stephanie G. · Married on 02/22/2020

Perfect wedding hotel

My wedding photographer recommended Hotel Icon for our wedding block hotel. My fiancé and I toured here and could quickly see why. Not only are the staff so friendly, but also from the lobby to the guest rooms to my suite room everything is beautifully detailed. They surprised my husband and I with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries the night after the wedding. We loved staying here and will stay here for any hometown getaways.

Sent on 03/01/2020

Lori · Married on 04/28/2018

Michael McVey was amazing to work with. Hotel ICOn had perfect places for awesome photos and it was such an elegant venue. We are going back every year for our anniversary. I had the perfect wedding there!!!❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 04/30/2018

We had actually used Hotel Icon to get ready in their Hospitality Suite so this review will be based solely on that, not on the reception venue of the hotel. If you are needing to get ready at a hotel, I highly recommend Hotel Icon. The Hospitality Suites are on the top pent house floor 15 and have GREAT views of Houston and natural lighting (which is great and a makeup artist/hair stylist's dream to have). The room is large and it comfortably fit 5 bridesmaids, myself, my mom, 2 makeup artists, my aunt, 2 photographers! We can't wait to see how the pictures turned out. In addition, Brynne with Hotel Icon was GREAT. She gave me a tour and walked me through the whole process of booking the suite. We also had our guests staying there and the process for guests to book was simple as well - everything could be done online for them, and the value was such a steal. The hotel is an older, retro-glam, kind of feel, which fit perfectly with our wedding theme. THANK YOU so much Hotel ICON!:)

Sent on 06/28/2015

Debe · Married on 08/09/2014

We only had our reception at the Icon but cannot speak highly enough about the building, the ballroom, the food and so very important, the staff. We happened upon the hotel in our planning stages & from the very first visit, we were impressed & excited that our date was available. The rooms are lovely, the ballroom was the perfect size, everyone raved about the food, cocktail hour through to the dinner. I just loved every staff member we came into contact with from planning, to staying over the night before and the night of the wedding. It was a beautiful reception and that can only happen when you work with wonderful people. They are seemed to love working at the Icon and we loved them. Great, great place!!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Carrie · Married on 08/06/2011

My wedding was amazing! From the time we toured the hotel to the day after our wedding, the Hotel ICON staff made me and my family and guests feel like royalty! We had such a great time and the staff made extra sure that everything was perfect! The food was AMAZING!!!!!!!! The staff took such great care of us! Mary was a blast to work with! I can't say enough about the staff. My guests are still talking about it! We rented the penthouse suite for afterward and they left us champagne and decorated it with rose petals and chocolate!! I love the Hotel ICON! I didn't want to leave! lol!!!

Sent on 08/27/2011

Amy · Married on 10/16/2010

So easy to work with. A perfect venue for a perfect weekend, and my guests loved the hotel as well. Mary (banquet coordinator) and Gilberto (house manager) are amazing, wonderful people.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Josie · Married on 09/22/2007

We stayed here for our wedding night and it was beautiful! They upgraded us to a better suite because it was our wedding night, too. We enjoyed the highrise views of downtown, and most importantly being able to watch the big tv together from our big jacuzzi bath tub :). Room service was great too-- we loved the Eggs Benedict at breakfast time :).

Sent on 05/01/2008

We had a lovely intimate ceremony and reception at Hotel ICON.

Sent on 01/14/2014

Jennifer · Married on 02/23/2008

Icon was a wonderful facility and beautiful. The entire staff was very easy to work with. I had only one problem. I had table numbers assigned to my guests and when I asked Icon if they had numbers they said yes. Turns out the table numbers were a ripped piece of paper with a number. Uhh - uhh. Any Icon paid my photographer to remove the numbers from the pictures.
    Okay - so yes great location and staff. If you are having your own assigned seating bring your own numbers!
    This location was beautiful and extremely easy to work with the entire process. Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 08/24/2008
  • laurenashley0701

Lauren · Married on 01/24/2009

4.2

I love this hotel. It is beautiful and was a perfect place for my modern/vintage/romantic feel that I wanted for my wedding. I was happy for the most part, I would have preferred more time and somehow my cake and my husbands cake went missing, but overall I was very happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 02/12/2009

Chandra · Married on 10/10/2009

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

We had our reception at the Icon-and loved the facility, our room turned out looking incredible...we added up lights which made everything just glow! Had just a few issues, the front desk kept forgetting to give our guests their check in bags. (I had to call down twice) The food we were served at our reception was definitely not the food we tasted, which was a disappointment. We did let our manager know, and they have offered us a make up dinner, but the initial shock of the fish and potatoes at the reception was a bit much. However, we are huge drinkers, and the bartender was incredible, and though the food was poor, we had a great time! Everyone said it was one of the best weddings they had been to-and we were overall pleased with our wedding and reception. Otherwise, Mary, our banquet manager was wonderful to work with! Great personality, and that night we had another house manager-Gilberto, who worked wonders for us! I would recommend the Icon-just find a safe dinner, not fish!

Sent on 11/06/2009

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

3.8
      3.0

hotel is beautiful. i did not use this place as my wedding due to cost. but we did use the suites for bridal and groom suites and take photos. Hazel was very helpful.

Sent on 03/07/2017