Honey Bee Pastries Reviews

Honey Bee Pastries 7
  • Jacquie

Jacquie Stuart · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful, Delicious, thoughtful!

Jenya and Andrew are the full package. I love supporting small businesses and knew I wanted to work with someone who cared about the details I was looking for. Jenya sat down with us way in advance and did a tasting, and discussed design, options, prices. She delivered and set up the cake on time and it was gorgeous. It tasted even better than it looked!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Honey Bee Pastries 8

Sarah Jane · Married on 05/11/2019

Phenomenal cake!

Hands down the best cake I have ever had! They were so flexible with my long distance planning and changes! I added a space themed grooms cake late in the game and it was PERFECT! I sent her a picture of the topper I was thinking of, and she created an amazing cake! We loved the cake so much that I ended up getting 3 flavors and tirimisu (equally amazing!), and I truly could not believe how affordable they are! Highly recommend! Will upload pictures when I get them :)

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 04/27/2019

A beautiful cake you can't wait to eat!

I didn't really care about the cake - I was going to have a small piece shoved into my face and that is all that I was going to eat.... that was until I did cake tasting with Honey Bee. We did 3 cake tastings in 1 day (highly recommend doing all in one day) and Honey Bee was by FAR the best tasting, best texture and freshest cake out of all 3. They do a European style cake with is not overly sweet and provides the right balance of cake to buttercream ratio. From the day we tasted the cakes to the day of the wedding, they provided excellent communication and provided assistance with how to decorate and how much cake we needed. Their prices were affordable, I made a change a few days before the wedding and they were able to accommodate, they delivered the cake on time and did a great job with the arrangement of the flowers and cake topper. EVERYONE at the wedding loved the cake - we had 3 different flavors and some people went back for seconds and thirds to try the different kinds.

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 04/20/2019

They are so talented!

We were referred to Honey Bee Pastries by a friend and we are so glad we were! They are so talented and even designed a Manchester United grooms cake for the wedding. Their cakes and cupcakes were beautiful and so delicious! Can we get married every day so we can eat their cakes everyday??! :)

Sent on 05/14/2019

nadeen · Married on 02/02/2019

Wonderful wedding experience, highly recommended.

The cake tasted amazing and looked so beautiful. Thanks so much!

Sent on 02/28/2019
  • Keira

Keira · Married on 12/01/2018

Delicious and perfectly designed cake!

WOW! Jenya and Honey Bee Pastries are exceptional! She is extremely responsive and a creative genius. All of the cakes that we tasted at our initial meeting were so good that it was difficult to pick out our favorites. We showed her a picture of the cake that we wanted and she created a cake that was even better than we expected. All of our guests raved about how delicious the cake was. We are so happy that we had Honey Bee Pastries make our wedding cake!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Honey Bee Pastries 9

Kasey · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious Cakes and Great Service!

From the beginning, we knew we wanted a simple cake design, with flavor being the priority. Honeybee did not disappoint. Their cakes were the best of the three tastings we went to and their prices were the most competitive.

Jenya is an extremely talented baker and very professional. She was prompt and courteous with every request we had. We wanted to surprise one of our bridesmaids whose birthday was the same day as our wedding and Jenya made us a special birthday cake to present to her during our reception - it was beautifully decorated and delicious!

Highly recommend for any wedding or special event in DC or Northern Virginia.

Sent on 03/17/2019
    Honey Bee Pastries 10

Stefani and Gary · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful find!

Jenya was wonderful to work with. During our consultation she took the time to hear our vision and then gave thoughtful suggestions on how to improve our design as well as how to stay within our budget. We appreciated how she brought her expertise to the table in letting us know what was possible or not. The cakes are DELICIOUS and moist. I couldn't be happier and am so happy we found Honey Bee Pastries! Thank you!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/06/2018

Fabulous and beautiful cake

As an out of town bride working with Jenya was so easy. She knew exactly what I wanted and made our cake so beautiful. It was the best cake I have ever eaten in my life. She is so reasonably priced as well.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 11
    Honey Bee Pastries 12
  • Priscila

Priscila · Married on 09/14/2018

The best cake!!!! In our cake tasting we can't decide for one flavor. I was in shock how delicious was the cake. Honey Bee was the second cake tasting we had I wish, I can give you more than 5 starts. Jenya covered my expectations and more. The price can't compare with another company this cake is delicious and for a reasonable price. We decided 3 different flavors and was no extra charge. My guests fall in love with the cake in our wedding. Thanks, Jenya!!! Will be back for future event (birthdays and anniversaries).

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 13

Honey Bee Pastries's reply:

Thank you Priscila. It was such a pleasure to work with you.
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/01/2018

Delicious!

We are so happy that we found Honey Bee Pastries for our wedding cake! From the moment we took our first bite of cake at our tasting in the comfort of Jenya and Andrew's home, we knew we had made the right decision - the hardest part was deciding which flavor of cake to choose because they were all so delicious! And Jenya was absolutely wonderful to work with. We had almost 150 guests, but didn't want to have a massive tiered cake. Jenya was more than willing to work with us to figure out the right size tiered cake and to supplement it with a flat sheet cake. Most importantly, our guests loved the cake, and even our vendors (seasoned wedding industry veterans) raved about how wonderful the cake! We would absolutely recommend Honey Bee Pastries!

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 14

Jillian · Married on 08/25/2018

Honey Bee Pastries was a wonderful small business to work for! The couple who runs this business is very pleasant and professional and offered great customer service. Their prices and quality of their cakes cannot be beat!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 15
    Honey Bee Pastries 16

Loni · Married on 07/20/2018

Honey Bee Pastries was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding cake. The owners of the company are so lovely and accommodating. They can accommodate any allergies, they have great cake flavors, fillings, and icing, and they are willing to make any type of design. They are very smart about cake design and portions, and their pricing is simply the best. Our wedding cake was exactly as we hoped for, it was so moist and delicious. Everyone loved it. We will definitely be hiring Honey Bee Pastries again for other cakes in the future, like our anniversary cakes! I highly recommend Honey Bee for your wedding!

Sent on 08/13/2018

stacy · Married on 06/09/2018

Finding a wedding cake that is both high quality and reasonably priced is no easy feat. The moment I sat down with Jenya from honeybee pastries I knew that I had found my vendor. Jenya was extremely profesional, knowledgable, and down to earth. The cake I sampled was so good I craved it for weeks! On my wedding day the cake was delivered on time and set up professionally. My guests loved the taste and I still hear about how delicious our almond cake was whenever someone tells me about the wedding. Cant reccomend this vendor enough

Sent on 07/01/2018

Lori · Married on 06/09/2018

Our wedding cake was FLAWLESS. Delivered on time with no issues! She had very clear communication all the way through! We are going to ask her to remake the wedding cake for our 1 year anniversary! You’re in good hands.

Sent on 09/01/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

The cake tasted so good!

We thoroughly enjoyed our wedding cake from Honey Bee! The cake was not only beautiful but tasted amazing. Jenya was very helpful with us picking our flavors and figuring out the best combination of round cake for display and sheet cakes for serving. My favorite was the chocolate cake with chocolate icing, but you really can't go wrong. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Honey Bee Pastries 17
    Honey Bee Pastries 18

Rachel · Married on 05/26/2018

Jenya was awesome to work with. I came in with a few pictures from Pinterest, and she was able to capture my vision perfectly. Our guests raved about the wedding cake, and we even had a few ask us what bakery we used. Great value for a truly delicious cake!

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 19

Marcela · Married on 05/19/2018

Honey Bee Pastries was the right choice for our wedding. It was great working with Jenya since the beginning. She had a good variety of flavors to taste and we were able to choose different flavors for each tear. She captured very well the design we had in mind. She is very detail oriented and very accommodating with any changes. The cake was very beautiful and delicious. We received many complements during the reception and many of the guests are still talking about it.

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 20

amanda · Married on 05/18/2018

Jenya is an artist!
    From our first meeting, Jenya was helpful with our selection process and walked us through every step The flavours she offers are out of this world. Almost a month later, we are still receiving compliments on the cake. We decided on a three tier cake with two different flavours. Jenya was able to decorate our cake using flowers from out florist...and as you can see, it was just as beautiful as it was flavorful!
    We will definitely be returning customers for all our future needs.

Sent on 06/14/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 21
    Honey Bee Pastries 22
    Honey Bee Pastries 23
    Honey Bee Pastries 24

Lisa · Married on 05/12/2018

Absolutely the most delicious wedding cake I have ever had in my life! They were superb to do business with and I was shocked at how reasonable the price was. Everyone at my daughter’s wedding just loved the cake.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Haley · Married on 04/21/2018

Jenya at Honey Bee Pastries was a delight to work with. I was stressed out after another baker went MIA on us two months before the wedding -- I was so happy to find Honey Bee Pastries had an opening our weekend! Their cakes are delicious, with plenty of flavors to choose from. (Our wedding cake was so good that my husband and I couldn't stop eating it after the cake cutting!) Jenya was responsive, thoughtful, and a breeze to schedule with. I'd highly recommend Honey Bee Pastries to any bride.

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 25

Priscilla · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I aren't really into cake all that much so when we started looking for someone to make ours, it was probably the least exciting part. However, Honey Bee Pastries made it so much more fun and interesting than we could have ever imagined. And OMG the cake is incredible! We got exactly what we wanted and it was perfect. We even got a Redskins themed groom's cake!! If I ever need a cake again, I will definitely use Honey Bee Pastries!

Sent on 04/06/2018

Jeanna · Married on 03/24/2018

Jenya was amazing and was incredibly detailed and informative with the whole process at selecting our perfect wedding cake! From mixing her delicious flavors, to how many tiers to what would work with our theme, my visions and how to make sure all our guests left happy and full. The cake looked STUNNING and tasted even more DELICIOUS then it looked! I would look no further for an outstanding cake and an outstating experience!

Sent on 05/03/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 26

lindsay · Married on 03/10/2018

I could not be more happy with the beautiful and DELICIOUS cake made for us by Honey Bee Pastries! From the beginning of the tasting meeting, we could tell that Jenya is a true professional. We had several ideas and concepts and Jenya helped us to narrow it down, and produced our vision perfectly! The ingredients she uses are the best, and we got so many compliments on how tasty the cake was! Honestly, for what was clearly our best tasting experience she was by far the most reasonably priced, much worse tasting cakes cost more than DOUBLE what she charged for an absolutely beautiful and delicious cake. You will not be disappointed if you go with Honey Bee Pastries!

Sent on 04/08/2018
    Honey Bee Pastries 27

Meghan · Married on 02/10/2018

Amazing job! My cake was the highlight of the reception!

Sent on 03/03/2018