Holly Kalkin Weddings Reviews

45 | San Diego, CA

45 Reviews for Holly Kalkin Weddings

Christina Telya · Getting married on 01/03/2021

Holly made our lives so much easier!

We booked Holly as our month-of coordinator for our wedding in mid-March. She was a superstar! We planned our San Diego wedding from our home in Australia, and Holly was kept us super organized leading up to the day, which took a lot of stress off of us. She is super easy to communicate with and a really lovely person in general. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/31/2020

Julie · Married on 03/14/2020

Professional coordinator, highly recommend!

We hired Holly Kalkin to be our day-of wedding coordinator. We met a couple of times and exchanged lots of emails before the wedding. She is very experienced, responsive, organized, and professional, as well as being just a great person and fun to work with. She made it all seem easy, and on the big day she made sure everything went smoothly according to plan.

Sent on 03/28/2020

Tiffany Veinbergs · Married on 01/07/2020

My highest recommendation!

We used Holly Kalkin Weddings for our day of coordinator, and Rebecca Podmenik was our specific coordinator for the day. We worked with Holly throughout most of the process, and then with Rebecca for the big day. We can not say enough positive things about working with both Holly and Rebecca! They are both incredible! Holly provided very detailed and helpful checklists and referrals, and was always available to help with any questions I had during the process. She has such a warm and positive personality, and is an absolute joy to work with! Rebecca was a super-star for the day of coordination. SO many of my family members and friends came up to me to tell me what an awesome job Rebecca was doing. She was calm, poised, professional, kind, organized, positive, and super supportive. I give them my highest recommendation. You will not be disappointed if you hire them.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Jenna · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely Loved Working With Holly

We absolutely loved working with Holly!!! We met at a meet and greet at our venue and from the beginning she was so kind, engaging and professional. She had our backs from the very beginning, fielding questions about florists, giving us reviews on other vendors and overall just calming any stress we had. Her, patient, clam demeanor and kindness was exactly what we needed on the day, and we could trust everything was in very good hands. The day of she and her team set up our beautiful reception space - she took our vision for the day and made it a reality.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • I

idan Barsheshet · Married on 08/30/2019

Made our day

Holly was INCREDIBLE. She was on top of it when it came down to all the little details, making sure everything flowed PERFECTLY, and was so patient and sweet the entire time leading up to the wedding and during the big day. She made our wedding flawless and perfect. We are so happy we hired her.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Rosario

Rosario · Married on 08/17/2019

Best Coordinators in the Business - Hands down!

Holly was a blessing that came from an excellent referral from our DJ! We were very late to the coordinating game, but Holly jumped right on everything and took care of us. We were so nerve-wracked about planning a wedding from afar and getting all of the details right. Our venue’s director was let go the day that I flew in to do our walk-thru and Holly didn’t skip a beat and handled all the details anyway! She was so sweet and listened to all my wants and ideas and calmed all my worries away. She made sure I knew what I should ask for and gave me so many pro-tips I never would have thought of on my own and didn’t read anywhere online. Even though she was not going to be the one coordinating our wedding on the day-of, I was 1000% confident in her professionalism and care and trusted who she trusted. I'm also soo glad we went with their rental package, all of the little details and signs she provided went a loooong way. I had no idea how much I would have had to spend to get all of those little cute details another route!

Kriselle coordinated our wedding and was so amazing in so many ways. She wasted zero minutes and got everything done, pulled me away minimally and executed all of the décor flawlessly. She showed up on time and got to work and made everything so, so easy for us. We cannot thank you two enough for your dedication and for making our day so special and beautiful!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Fiona

Fiona · Married on 04/20/2019

A Dream Wedding Coordinator

I highly recommend Holly Kalkin Weddings whether you want someone to plan parts of your wedding or handle every single detail. Holly is a top-notch professional with great experience. She provided good advice and was a fantastic partner working well with other vendors I hired. Most important, Holly was able to take my vision and bring it to life. I hired Holly for week-of/day-of execution so that I could be totally present for my big day and not worry about making sure my vendors were doing what I needed them to. I am so thankful for Holly, and consider her a lifelong friend for helping me have the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Kati

Kati Vervack · Married on 04/12/2019

We could not imagine our day without Holly!

She somehow managed SO many things during our wedding but not once looked stressed or rushed. From our rehearsal to the last minute of our reception, Holly was smiling, sweet, and totally calm (which was the exact balance I needed!). She worked so well with all of our vendors and is such a pro!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Cheska Durrant · Married on 12/01/2018

Hiring Holly was the Best Decision!

Holly is beyond amazing and so worthy of all the 5 stars and awards! Whether it be an intimate or grand event, a guest list the size of a doubles tennis team to the population of a small island or 2... YOU NEED HOLLY. The journey of planning our wedding started off as overwhelming, stressful and crazy until I found Holly Kalkin Weddings. At first, I was not inclined to hire a coordinator because I didn't think it would be worth it for our small wedding. I could not have been more wrong and I'm so glad I changed my mind. From the first meeting 10 months before our wedding, I instantly felt relaxed and more confident about our day. She listened to our vision, expertly reminded us of things we didn't think about, generously provided so much support, and invariably responded to our questions. Where do I find that? Will I need to run around and do this? Holly gave pro tips on how to navigate all the paperwork and assured me every step of the way that she would take care of our day. Part of the contract included unlimited communication with her, so that was already the biggest sigh of relief for me! Because along the way, I needed suggestions left and right for dress alterations, audio equipment, and other vendors. Sure enough Holly had a complete and thorough list of vendors she and her team have worked with and recommend. Even when my last minute flowers order from Plan A store did not pull through, she had a Plan B and C ready at the wings. All I needed to do was write a check--and the flowers came out 100% perfect by the way! Hiring Holly is the gift of calm and kindness to your soul you never knew you needed. Trust me. And like any other bride, I was overcome by worry a few times. Holly sent me kind reminders and thoughtful words to keep me focused on the joy of our most special day. She takes care of working with many details at the venue and rehearsal schedule. The month before the wedding, Holly completely shines when she goes over everything with a fine-tooth comb for the coordination of all the vendors and the day's timeline where everything and everyone is accounted for to the exact minute. I specifically want to highlight her extreme patience, understanding, and respect for my family on the rehearsal day. Everything Holly says and does comes from a sincere and gentle spirit--I cannot emphasize enough how essential this is in your day-of coordinator. Holly made me feel like I was truly the most important person to her every time we would interact. On the day of, all of our guests could not stop raving about how warm and friendly Holly has been! We thank her wholeheartedly for her time and efforts. She was a delightful addition to our wedding day and to our hearts as a sweet friend forever.
    We are so blessed to have found you, Holly!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Aubrey · Married on 11/02/2018

You need Holly, trust me :)

I'd like to start out by saying that I had zero intentions of working with a wedding planner/coordinator. For one, it was not something I had planned into my overall wedding budget. and two, it never really came to mind that I would need one. When my wedding venue mentioned it was a requirement and that I could use a friend or family member to fill the role I thought "oh man who the heck am I going to recruit to do this". Well luck would have it that one of my bridesmaids knew someone and the more I thought about it, I figured what could it hurt getting information. Shortly after I contacted Holly. Holly quickly responded to my email and sent me lots of information on the different services she provides. After reviewing the different packages I decided on the "week of" package. I had already lined up most of my vendors, so I figured some help the week of would be great.

Let me tell you, one of THE BEST decisions I made during the entire wedding process. You might not think that you need the help or that spending the extra money is worth it but HOLLY IS WORTH EVERY PENNY and then some!!! She was AMAZING! She really went above and beyond for me from the get go. Five months before my wedding, my fiancé had to unexpectedly leave for work travel and miss our food tasting. I asked Holly if she could come with me since the venue coordinator wanted to go over other details at the food tasting, Holly came with me. With little to no notice, she was able to meet me there. Thank god she was there, she had good ideas and also gave me loads of information and things for me to think about that I didn't realize I was missing. Her expertise and insight was greatly appreciated!

Holly also put together my entire wedding day itinerary, something I never really thought about nor had the time to do. My work schedule was nuts the month leading up to my wedding and it was getting hard to keep up. But she had everything covered from when vendors needed to arrive down to the last minute of the night and when vendors would arrive for breakdowns. Holly was on top of everything! I got another preview of Holly's skills during our rehearsal the day before. Again, she covered so many things I would have NEVER thought of that need to happen during a wedding ceremony. She was sooo knowledgeable and professional yet felt like a friend while she helped our wedding party through the rehearsal process.

The day of our wedding, neither of us really had a care in the world! Ladies, I completely underestimated the amount of time and detail that goes into the day of your wedding. I'm talking down to the holders you will need to hold your table number cards to how your gifts will make it to your room when the night is over to who will take your wedding favors to the ballroom while you are getting hair and makeup done to the easels you will need to hold your welcome sign. These are things you are NOT going to be thinking of/don't have the time to think of or handle when your family and friends start arriving the days leading up to your wedding. And because of Holly and the fact that she thought of those things first, we had it all covered the day of the wedding. I'd like to think that I am very organized and always think of everything but when it comes to your wedding its not possible to remember it all and if you want the day to go by and be as memorable as possible you need HOLLY!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Staci · Married on 10/20/2018

Nothing short of amazing!

Holly was nothing short of amazing!!!! My wedding went flawlessly and that was because of her, she was outstanding! She was on top of everything throughout the whole wedding process. She is very sweet, calm, organized, and knowledgeable about the wedding process. She knows what it takes to make a wedding go smoothly; from the detailed timeline to informing the DJ what to announce next, she had her hand in every part of the day. I didn’t have to worry at all on my wedding day because I knew Holly was on top of it and making sure everything went as planned. I couldn’t have ask for anything more from a wedding coordinator. Having a wedding coordinator is a must and I would highly recommend Holly and her company to everyone.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Alison · Married on 10/13/2018

Great coordinator for destination wedding

Holly was our day of coordinator for our destination wedding in San Diego. She made all the coordination with the venue and other vendors super easy leading up to the wedding day. It was really nice being able to enjoy the days before with my friends and family and not have to worry about making sure vendors had timelines and details, everything was taken care of. Not only was she organized but she is a really sweet person. She helped us run the the rehearsal quickly and easily, got everyone organized before the ceremony and stayed to the end to make sure everything made it back to our room so we could enjoy celebrating with our guests. I really recommend Holly!

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • blake

blake · Married on 10/12/2018

Theeeee best coordinator out there!

Holly was without a doubt theeee best wedding coordinator out there. Without her my day easily could have been chaos. Holly went above and beyond with helping not only coordinate the vendors but she was helping set up. She is the sweetest person to work with and working with a wedding party of 26 she was calm at all times! Her communication is on point and always responded in a timely fashion. Even though she was hired for a day of coordinator she helped with recommendations throughout the process. My day was a dream and so seamless thanks to Holly. I loved every minute of working with her! Thank you Holly for everything !

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

I wish that I could pin Holly Kalkin to the top of every list for Brides to easily find her.
    I had no clue how to plan my destination wedding and Holly helped me every step of the way.
    She went above and beyond making sure every little detail was perfect...down to even helping me with my party favors by personally going out, getting them and wrapping each individual favor! She even brought in her own decorations...which saved us a ton.
    I don't know how many times during our wedding I called her my Godsend. She truly was.
    I don't have enough Thank you's to send Holly's way.
    She made our wedding day absolutely perfect and unforgettable...I couldn't have done it without her!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Krystle

Krystle · Married on 09/08/2018

Wow!! What a dream!

We are so happy we chose Holly as our wedding planner! Our wedding venue was in a different location from our reception venue, so in addition to handling set up and break down she also helped manage our shuttles from the locations. We also had our exit planned on a gondola which she helped execute. Everything went off without a hitch! It was a lifesaver (and grey-hair saver) to have Holly as our wedding planner/consultant. She also has a lovely calming presence where you feel like you are in good hands and she executed flawlessly and from the looks of it, effortlessly.

My mom and I are definitely on the more detail-oriented side so as you can imagine, leading up to the big day I had a lot of questions. It was a stress-free planning process with Holly as she answered every one of my tedious questions quickly and thoughtfully. She did a nice job keeping both my mom and I in the loop as we would often tag team with all of questions. Holly is a true consultant, offering guidance when we felt stuck and asking us questions that we hadn’t thought about or knew to ask while planning. We purchased the month of vs day of services, which we would do again in a heartbeat. One huge bonus of this was we were able to use Holly’s gold chargers at no cost while rental companies are quite expensive. This is something inclusive with the month of package that ended up really sprucing up our table-scape beautifully. We cannot thank this wonderful woman enough. I enthusiastically recommend Holly Kalkin and team to be a part of your big day.

Thank you again, Holly!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Babe · Married on 08/25/2018

I havent even got married yet ( 1 month from now) and Holly and her team have literally been amazing!!! They are so professional and very responsive. All I have had to do throughout this process is tell them what I want and they have made everything happen! Holly is so sweet and easy to get along with. I send her pictures off Pinterest or Instagram of things I like and want at our wedding and she makes it happen. So far so good! I envision our day being perfect!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Kipzya · Married on 08/18/2018

Wedding planning can be a stressful time for a bride, however, it does not have to be. Part of what makes the experience not stressful is your team of vendors (if you choose the right ones). I can 100% say that Holly Kalkin was an excellent choice, she made a difference in my wedding planning experience. She is reliable, professional, and highly experienced. She executed a great rehearsal by making sure everyone stayed on track and knew exactly what they needed to do the day of the wedding. The day off the wedding she took care of everything and ensured that the festivities were running seamlessly. If you need a person that you can count on to not worry about the little details on your big day and to be able to truly enjoy all the festivities, Holly is the coordinator that can do that for you.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Erin · Married on 07/14/2018

Day of Coordinator

Holly was my day of coordinator and she was amazing! I got married this past July at the San Diego Safari park and had to plan everything from London. The park provided a coordinator, but I needed someone to look after all the small day of details that really make or break the event. I'm so glad I found Holly! She worked with the florist, park coordinator, and photographer seamlessly! She had a wonderful energy and was so accommodating and lovely. She even arranged to get all the beautiful custom-made wooden centerpiece boxes back to the florist the next day for us. Holly is so great - I HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Carolyne · Married on 05/26/2018

Holly is an incredible wedding coordinator!!! We had her for the day of and she made the entire day and the day prior work so smoothly. I was a nervous and anxious bride and Holly kept me calm, answered a ton of crazy questions and changes quickly, and was calming to make sure our wedding day was the best day ever. I can’t imagine my day having gone as smoothly or as perfectly if it wasn’t for Holly. Thank you for being so responsive, kind, and for dealing this this crazy time anxious bride!!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Amanda · Married on 03/17/2018

Holly was what wedding planning dreams are made of. When I was researching/interviewing wedding planners I knew with certainty she was the one I wanted to work with. She originally gave us one of her other girls but after a fate of luck she stepped up and said she would be our planner. She helped me organize our processional song minute by minute was great with ideas and suggestions and was 100% available to us from the minute we booked her. She made rehearsal run very smoothly and made us feel so much at ease. She stopped by to check on me and my husband (who was in a different room) during the getting ready phase and made sure everything was running on time and as planned. My husband and I both agree that we felt like we had no worries on the day of the wedding as she had everything handled, she even made sure we both had drinks in hand, which really helped! She was right on time for rehearsal and our wedding day and stayed until the very end, packed up our things, and texted us with where everything was. She was in constant contact and we could not be more thankful. Our wedding was flawless and we truly have her to thank! Thank you Holly!!!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Earl · Married on 11/04/2017

Holly is seriously an awesome coordinator a bride can ask for. She is professional and confident in what she's doing! . She is very organized, diligent, detailed, and genuinely so nice. I was even more impressed by her on the wedding day because her communication and detailed itinerary helped the wedding go by stress free and smoothly! I highly recommend Holly Kalkin in coordinating your wedding with no worries!! You are a true team player!

Sent on 01/25/2018

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

Holly and Rebecca were so amazing from day one! They were very responsive and helpful throughout the whole wedding process and Rebecca killed the wedding day coordination! We could NOT have done it without them! Thank you, both!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Vanessa · Married on 09/09/2017

Holly is like a fairy godmother of the bridal community. She was a very responsive and very organized. When the groomsmen are impressed by the wedding coordinator....you know you have a good one. I also had a last minute mental break down right it front of her. She was compassionate, helped me pull it together, and took all the stress off my shoulders. Honestly, the best money I spent out of the whole wedding. You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Kacie · Married on 08/05/2017

Holly Kalkin is hands down the best wedding coordinator ever. Not only was my husband and I so impressed, all of our guests came up to us letting us know how wonderful Holly has been. From start to finish; no problems. My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding, not one issue came up. Holly was easy to contact, easy to communicate with and she completely did far more than we ever expected. Our wedding day went so perfect and so smooth all because of Holly.
    Thank you again Holly, you are truly an amazing wedding coordinator. I highly recommend, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Spring · Married on 07/29/2017

Holly made our wedding so easy and and wonderful! I did not have to worry about anything - which is saying a lot because I am a worrier! She has to be one of the kindest and thoughtful wedding planners out there. We hired her for day of coordinating, but she was available throughout the planning if I had any questions and was able to wrangle my big, crazy family perfectly during the rehearsal, wedding, and reception. Something I also noticed, is anytime I mentioned that she was my coordinator to other vendors, they all would say the same thing, "Oh great! Holly is awesome - everything will be taken care of", and they were not wrong. This says a lot. Not only does she work well with the bridal party, but she is also highly respected and works well within the wedding industry in San Diego. Do not hesitate to hire her!

Sent on 08/11/2017