Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront Reviews

24 Reviews for Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront

• Denise

Denise Ann-Marie · Getting married on 10/23/2021

Riverfront

They are really professional, and super helpful with accommodations.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Z · Married on 07/07/2019

amazing experience

Words can not express our thanks to you and the Staff of the Holiday Inn Riverfront during our wedding weekend (wedding was June 2019).
    Stephanie was amazing to work with. Planning an out of state wedding,,,, well she made it so easy! Stephanie thought about things we would not have even thought about asking. The planning of the wedding you knew what we would need/and even things we didn't know we wanted.
    The rehearsal dinner was amazing and all of the staff were so nice and accommodating .
    The morning of the wedding was amazing. It was so nice that we didn't have to set up the venue, they did an awesome job and it was even better design than we could have imagined.
    The rooms you arranged for the girls and guys to get ready in were so great.
    During the wedding reception every thing was perfect. The food and the staff were amazing. Everyone was so nice and always asking if we needed anything.
    We are so grateful the staff for making our special day more imagined.
    We will definitely recommend the Holiday Inn Riverfront to anyone (and everyone)

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • John

John Anthony · Married on 06/28/2019

Amazing Experience!

Stephanie was incredible to work with from day 1. She is very good at communication and the day of the wedding she was spectacular. She made sure all of our last minute change were done quickly and anytime we needed anything, she would be there when we turned around to help.
    The space is incredible and having the patio on the river was a huge hit! We highly recommend getting married or having an event here! Ask for Stephanie!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Alisha · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely perfect!

I cannot begin to explain how happy I am that we had our reception at the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront. Stephanie, the Catering Sales Manager, was absolutely fantastic! She was enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented and full of creative ideas and recommendations. Stephanie responded to emails in minutes and consistently reassured me that she had everything under control... and she could not have been more right! When I arrived at the venue, she had decorated everything beautifully. She remained at the venue the entire night and made sure that everything ran smoothly. All of the staff were friendly, accommodating and professional. I would definitely recommended booking your reception at the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Alisha! You and Phil are so amazing together and I feel so honored to have had the opportunity to celebrate with the two of you!

Steph
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/22/2018

My oh my. This venue is lovely. We booked our wedding 2 years in advance. Through that time we went through 3 coordinators. Which was the unfortunate part, worrying whether or not we'd have someone on our wedding day. We ended up with the best coordinator we could have ever asked for! Stephanie was so quick to all my emails and she was a delight on our special day. She made sure everything ran smoothly. She also was so helpful in setting up the dining room. Oh and she made my grooms night, during one of our meetings Justin mentioned how he loved the beer riverwest stein. On the day it was like the bartender was a mind reader. He kept handing him a beer just as he was finishing the other one. It made him so very happy! The hotel was clean and a lovely place to have our wedding. Having the outdoor patio was perfect to cool off when dancing and for others to chit chat. The food was great! The service was great! We loved having our wedding there.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad I got to be a part of making your dream wedding become a reality. You and Justin are such an amazing couple and your family and friends are so sweet and loving. Thank you again for letting me celebrate with the two of you!

Steph

Amber · Married on 09/16/2017

Michael is like your own personal wedding planner! He was very responsive and kept us on point for what we needed to accomplish! The space is beautiful, especially the outdoor patio space! I'd highly recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thanks for the great review Amber, we had a wonderful time helping you and Josh plan your reception. Glad the weather was perfect so your guests could utilize the Rivers Edge Patio!

Jessica · Married on 08/05/2017

I got married on 8/5 at the Holiday Inn Milwaukee River Front. We held our Wedding Ceremony and Reception here, From the servers, to those at the front desk to Michael (the best hotel wedding contact ever). The entire event was flawless and amazing. The rooms were well kept, the communication was great, the staff went above and beyond to make this day extra special. Michael, the wedding director, is AMAZING! He was always responsive to my e-mails, he always got back in a timely manner and was thorough in his answers, his suggestions were great and he really made the event a huge success! I highly recommend Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront for a wedding, party or just a stay! You'll be welcomed and treated well!!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you for the great review Jessica! We loved being a part of your wedding day and wish you and Sam all the best!

Nicole · Married on 07/08/2017

Everyone told us planning a wedding was stressful and they added that planning a long-distance wedding was that multiplied by 10. While it was difficult at times, working with Michael and the folks at the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront was not a source of that stress. Working with Michael was more than we could have hoped for with his generous hospitality, calming demeanor, and accommodating approach. And while Michael was our main point-of-contact, every single person we dealt with at the hotel was approachable, patient, and willing to help from the dining manager, to the front desk specialists, and to Brian at the bar (who was especially candid and honest).
    As a Marquette couple now living on the West Coast, it was a goal of both of ours to have a “Marquette” wedding. When we visited the Holiday Inn, Michael showed us his space. He knew we were also looking elsewhere, but Michael never once tried to push the hard sell and instead advised us on other venues to also look at reminding us that it is our day (but really the wife’s).
    Throughout the planning process, Michael understood the difficulty in some of the regularly scheduled aspects of wedding planning and was extremely flexible in moving tastings, table cloth choosings, etc. on the calendar to coincide with our visits to the area.
    Michael was also very accommodating for our ideas for room set-up and use of the patio. When he asked us about what late night snack we wanted, we had hoped cheese curds would be on the menu so that all guests from out of state could taste the magic that is the golden fried ooey-gooey goodness. When they weren’t on the list, we were a little disappointed. Michael, however, says, “No problem! We can do that!” and the night of our reception the guests who made it the final hours were enjoying those golden nuggets of cheese. Our centerpieces required staging different items. Michael was on top of that too, and when we walked in after the ceremony, it was done to perfection.

Sent on 08/27/2017

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

It was such a pleasure helping you plan your Marquette themed wedding and wish you both all the best!

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

My wedding was last weekend at this venue. We had the ceremony and the reception here. The Estabrook ballroom is gorgeous, overlooking the Estabrook parkway and Milwaukee river. It was the perfect space for both. From the beginning Mike was amazing with helping us plan. He guided us through all of the little details and promptly answered all of our questions. Any details we missed were also covered and I knew going in we were going to be taken well care of. The staff was accommodating, friendly, and attentive. The whole day's timeline went smooth and I was checked on few times during the events to make sure I was happy with them. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue. The wedding packages are a great value and we did not need to bring in any other outside vendors except for a photographer and DJ.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thanks for the great review Jessica! We are very excited to help you plan the perfect wedding day.

Micheal is very responsive and professional. He is willing to do anything for your wedding. You can tell he loves his job.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you for the great feedback and for choosing the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront for your wedding.

Christopher · Married on 12/17/2016

Everything about our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Michael and the staff at the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront. Everyone went above and beyond our expectations. The venue was beautiful, everything ran right on time, the transition between ceremony and dinner was so easy, and the food was amazing! The chef was great and even created one of our recipes for our reception to make it that much more special!!!! I wouldn't Highly recommend having your wedding and reception, here like we did, Thank you So Much Michael and staff for a perfect day!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review! We enjoyed helping you celebrate your wedding day and wish you both the best.

melinda · Married on 10/08/2016

Michael is amazing to work with! Had my wedding 10.8.16 and it was perfect! The staff was awesome and food was really really good! I have no complaints at all!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thanks for the great review and best wishes to you and Jacob! We enjoyed helping you plan your wedding day.

Krystal · Married on 10/01/2016

Excellent venue for wedding with 80-100 guest we really enjoyed ourselves the staff was friendly and courteous. The atmosphere is great for a wedding with the outside patio fire pit and hotel bar area were stylish for pictures and socializing. I recommend the Holiday Inn Riverfront for location, food, budget, and atmosphere top rating.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you for the great review Krystal. It was a pleasure hosting your wedding and helping you celebrate your special day!

Lori · Married on 07/16/2016

We had our wedding reception at the Holiday Inn Riverfront. All of the staff were very helpful and accommodating. On my wedding day, everything we needed was taken care of. I didn't need to worry about anything, and when I asked for something, it was brought to me right away. The staff was very attentive and always there to answer my questions. They were also very willing to work within my budget. The room we stayed it was wonderful. The food was great, and the venue was unforgettable. We all love the outside patio! I would highly recommend this venue to other people. The staff is so easy to work with and puts your mind at ease. What they say they will do will get done. Very reliable! I would also highly recommend the restaurant and the hotel. The chef even came up to us at the reception to see if we liked the food! They even made something for us that was off menu!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

We were so happy to help you celebrate your special day and thank you for the great review!

Brittney · Married on 03/11/2016

This was the Engagement Party and it was fabulous from the start to the finish. Michael Wicinski was very personable while remaining professional...he answered all of our questions and made sure that everything was to our liking. We were presented with various suggestions on how to make this event a beautiful occasion, which it was. The host and server the day of the event were great, along with the bartender. This was an AWESOME team to have as a part of celebrating this exciting event.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thanks Brittney for the great feedback, it was our pleasure to help celebrate with you and best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

Patrice · Married on 01/09/2016

Everyone was amazing Mike Karen Corbin Trevor Jeff and Veronica & the bartenders were so professional and hotel climate was stellar the chefs were great 100. Thanks for a unforgettable night!!!!!!!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you for the great review and hosting your event with us, we appreciate the great feedback!

Liz · Married on 05/28/2016

Working with Michael was awesome. He was very professional. The vendor was fantastic.

Sent on 06/19/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

It was a pleasure helping you plan your wedding day Liz. We wish you all the best!

Sara · Married on 04/08/2017

This was an excellent venue. The wedding planner was awesome and we had to do no work on the day of to make sure everything went smoothly, all was done for us. It was extremely reasonable.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure helping you plan your special day.

Karen was amazing to work with. She was quick to respond. I could not have asked for a better coordinator. She met with me on occasion in order to discuss the planning. They were flexible in accommodating my wishes. I did not want a head table, I wanted to be served last, and I did not want to have to create a seating chart. She was able to make it all work.
    The hotel was able to provide extra space at no extra cost. This was a $3000 savings. They waived certain fees, such as the bartender fee, based off our contribution to the bar cost.
    I was so happy with how things went. The room was beautiful and the food was amazing. The servers were attentive and were on top of everything. Everyone commented that the food was good. They said the waiters were quick to clear plates and make sure everyone's needs were met.
    The room had an excellent view of the Milwaukee River. There was a beautiful patio outside with a fireplace.
    There were two things I had issue with.
    We paid for open bar for a certain amount. After that, it was to change to cash bar. Despite being assured that the bartender would not put out a tip jar during open bar, because we were already paying gratuity for her service, we noticed the tip jar out immediately. We brought it to the manager's attention, and he had her put it away. An hour or so later, I saw the tip jar was out again, despite it still being open bar. If people wanted to leave a tip, she should have informed them the tip was already taken care of.
    I requested one reserved table, for us and our parents. I did not want a head table because I did not want to be singled out away from the guests. The staff put out two reserved tables, and they put them clear across the dance floor, away from everyone else. It did exactly what I didn't want. I believe this was just a miscommunication.

The issues I had were minor compared to the overall satisfaction with the venue. I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you for the great review and we wish you all the best. It was a pleasure sharing in your special day!

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2017

Overall, my husband and I had an absolutely wonderful time at our wedding! We would highly recommend this venue! The coordinator, Michael was incredibly helpful! The food was delicious and the servers were very attentive! A great modern hotel with a beautiful backdrop right on the river!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thanks Stephanie & Scott for celebrating your wedding with us! Glad we didn't let the rain stop you from having a beautiful wedding day!

Melanie · Married on 05/06/2017

Ask as many questions as you feel you need to. Micheal and his team were great.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Peggy · Married on 11/04/2017

Michael Wicinski, wedding specialist at the Holiday Inn Riverfront, is so great to work with. He was always quick to answer any questions we had about anything from accommodations to wedding day details. He is definitely well organized, flexible, and present on the day of the event. The venue was beautiful and the food outstanding. Michael was willing to try to make anything happen to make the day special. We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Peggy. We had such a great time helping plan Nicole & Renato's wedding day and everything turned out stunning!

Colleen · Married on 09/09/2017

The wedding coordinator, Michael, was fantastic! He helped us out tremendously. His design, food options, price, quality of food, and look of venue was on point. The only thing I would say is that they need to put more effort in putting the wedding decor up that was provided by wedding party. I have seen other hotels and country clubs that are more willing to decorate than having bride and family decorate venue on day of.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

Thank you for the review Colleen and for having us help you & Eric plan your wedding day. We wish you both all the best!

Kris · Married on 07/30/2016

3.8
      2.5
      2.5

The set up of the ceremony and reception was beautiful, however the column/pillar from the ceiling to ground near the center of the room was a bit distracting, not that much can be done about it. The food was delicious and however not too great of a presentation, the portions were in fact very small such as the small scoop of mash potato and vegetables. I found it to be very expensive for the small amount of food on a big plate. I don't know if it was possible to do it any other way but the tables and chairs with our guests was very tight, I found it was hard for my wife and I to move around the tables as we were saying hi to everyone after dinner. The service was great especially from Michael the Holiday Inn wedding specialist, he was very flexible and was able to work with us when we were unprepared for some things, he made sure we had exactly everything we needed and he was very professional. The waiters and waitresses were also great.

Sent on 09/01/2016

Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront's reply:

It was a pleasure being a part of your wedding day and we wish you all the best!