Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach - North Beach Reviews

28 | Virginia Beach, VA

28 Reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach - North Beach

Mrs. · Married on 10/29/2016

We could not have picked a better venue. Everyone was so helpful, the view from the reception was incredible, and the food was amazing. Great value also, not only for us, but our guests as well since they were all given rooms at deeply discounted rates. The only complaint I had was that I told the hotel during our taste testing that my mother-in-law would attempt to open the bar for an extra hour (which she also did to my brother-in-law and his wife) and that I didn't want her or anyone else to be able to. It happened anyway. I also wanted everything to go through my husband and I, and on more than one occasion my mother and mother-in-law received emails that my husband and I did not get, including an email asking what special entrees my husband and I would like for our meals. All in all this was by far the best hotel to have a wedding at in Virginia Beach and if given the chance I would have the Holiday Inn and Suites North Beach, and Ashley Alger do it for us again. I definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 08/13/2012

Sharon · Married on 10/14/2016

We used the Holiday Inn and the Isle of Capri for my son's rehearsal dinner. The service was excellent. The room had windows on 2 sides overlooking the ocean. We had a 6:00 dinner, so the sunset view was spectacular. The food was wonderful. All went very smoothly. My advice is to check the cables that are needed for the AV equipment. We didn't have the right cables and had to do some scrambling and download the slide show to a stick drive and move it to a different computer.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Lucy · Married on 10/03/2016

We absolutely loved doing our wedding here! This was the third venue we went to and I knew it was the one that would make me dream wedding come true! I was so confident and comfortable dealing with Larissa the event manager that I never once worried that anything would go wrong. She emailed me back immediately with answers to any questions I had and even let me send Pinterest ideas of what I envisioned the reception to look like. Oh and the view is gorgeous!!! I would recommend this venue to any bride! Also we had no issues getting a block of rooms for our guests. we did our rehearsal dinner there the night before and had a beautiful wedding. The staff who serviced our rehearsal dinner and reception were amazing!!!! Our guests loved the location. They were close to restaurants, bars and the ocean. It was really perfect! So if you're looking for an affordable/ stress free wedding that still is what you dreamed it to be check out this venue! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach - North Beach's reply:

Thank you so much Lucy! It was such a pleasure working with you to make your dream day come true! XOXO

courtney · Married on 06/25/2016

Absolutely without a doubt go with holiday inn north beach. What an incredible place to have a wedding. Larissa the catering coordinator was outstanding! Wouldn't have been able to do it without her help. We are from out of state and she made this process so smooth and easy. She was always calling or emailing to make sure I was up to date and didn't have any questions. She made this day perfect for us.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Virginia Beach - North Beach's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Courtney! I absolutely loved working with you and so happy that you guys had a wonderful and special day. XOXO

Jen · Married on 04/29/2016

My day at Holiday Inn North Beach was a small ceremony and lunch/dinner reception on 4/29/16. It was a seamless transition from my coordinator, Emily, that I originally signed a contract with to, Larissa. Larissa was so involved with every decision me and my mom made, and reached out to us months before hand just to touch base. She went above and beyond what other event coordinators would do by reaching out to remind us she needed more details on the big day as it was getting close to the date. It was a small ceremony that much of family still doesn't know about, an elopement ceremony and reception. It did not seem any less important to Larissa. She genuinely seemed to care how my day with my love and our family went. :) Our lunch/dinner reception was on the patio of the Square Whale for about 15 total people, and we had our ceremony on the lawn over looking the boardwalk and beach. At first we were told we would have half the patio, but we ended up having it all to ourselves! Our contract was for a couple of hours, but Larissa told us we could have it as long as we wanted. It was a cold day for the end of April, so I would suggest they have heaters that can be placed on the patio should odd weather pop up for people reserving that space. The food was a customized menu of choices based on our selections, and everything was great! My husband and I both had the crab cake platter. Delicious and filling! The servers were attentive to me and my husband, and our families, so we could not have asked for a better day! ...except for warmer temperatures :-)
    Our room for the night was a king bed suite with ocean/pool view from our room and living room, and the bed was very comfortable. I wish I could have enjoyed it longer, but we flew out very earlier the next morning to honeymoon in the Dominican Republic. I will definitely stay at Holiday Inn North Beach in the future, and refer friends to this location for their events!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Beckie · Married on 05/14/2015

So far Emily has been incredible and I can not wait for May to come so that I can finally have my wedding!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Perfect! New standard for wedding food options!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Amber · Married on 02/02/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff to work with. Ashley is the best coordinator and Roberto is the best hotel rep. We had a couple of errors here and there, but they did everything in their power to get them corrected immediate and made it work. We had the best wedding and I would recommend them to everyone. The venue is beautiful, the food is delicious, and the rooms are wonderful. All my guests were happy. If you want a one-stop shop beach wedding...go HI!

Sent on 02/09/2013
  • Shianne M

Shianne · Married on 08/11/2012

We worked with Ashley and wow, she was amazing! She was so easy to get in touch with whenever I had a question about something and she didn't try to tell me any bs. If I asked her something that she didn't know, she told me she didn't know and would find out. Ashely made planning the reception so simple, I didn't have to stress over anything.
    The venue itself is gorgeous. We had a lot of OOT guests and majority of them stayed here and said they loved the place. The reception room we used was on the 6th floor overlooking the ocean with floor to ceiling windows.
    If any of my friends ask for advice on a reception venue I'm telling them to use these guys!! It was well worth it for me and my husband!

Sent on 01/05/2013
  • I

Melanie · Married on 04/14/2012

From the initial visit to discuss HI as an option for our wedding right up to the big day, all of the staff at HI made me feel that my wedding was as important to them as it was to me.

Our wedding was small in comparison to most, and the HI worked with us on the menu, the facility arrangements, and the lodging (most of our guests were from out of town). The HI wedding planner went above and beyond to help me find the right vendors for my theme. She worked with me on the sound system interface and even volunteered to cue the wedding music.

The staff was so personable they called my family by first name and made them feel as if the HI was their home away from home. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, gave me the feeling that this was an important day for them too.

Words cannot express the professionalism and attention to detail provided by the HI wedding planner. She knew every aspect of my plan and assisted me in making all of the details come through - AND all of this with a great attitude and winning smile.

I would recommend the HI to anyone who is planning a wedding, large or small. They couldn't find a better venue.

Sent on 06/07/2012

This is the best place to get married in VB. Our coordinator Ashley was wonderful to work with. She took care of EVERY single detail. She was always available and quick to help. All of my guests were from OOT and the HI took care of everything that they needed. The food was delicious, the chef was polite and so accommodating. We could not have asked for a better wedding. Our family and friends loved HI so much that some stayed an extra night and came back in the summer.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Norman · Married on 05/07/2011

The staff were very attentive, professional and very friendly especially Charlotte Allen and Rachel Inman. The panoramic view of the ocean from the 6th floor ballroom was amazing. The food was excellent.

If you are looking for a place to celebrate your birthday or wedding or any event, we recommend this place.

Sent on 05/17/2011

They were reasonably priced. The rental of the room was low and the main cost was the food minimum which is easy to hit with a wedding of 72 people. They worked with us on the floor plan and catering. We are still getting compliments on how amazing our food was. They served a plated dinner all at the same time so no one was sitting waiting for their food for too long. They kept everyones drinks refilled and did a great job. We enjoyed using them.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Mindy · Married on 05/19/2012

I had such a wonderful experience. Every one made us feel so special. The veiw from the reception overlooking the ocean was beautiful. The entire staff went out of their way to make the day perfect. The food was the best I have ever had at a wedding and our guests agreed! We had a little mix up with picking up our decorations the next day but there had been three weddings that day so I can forgive that. I would definitely recommend this Hotel for a wonderful wedding experience !

Sent on 06/07/2012

Barb · Married on 05/13/2016

We had a rehearsal dinner May 2016 at the Holiday Inn in their room off the restaurant overlooking the ocean. It was absolutely beautiful. Larissa the event coordinator was fantastic to work with pre-planning & during the dinner. I was reluctant to order off the banquet menu, thinking it would be pre-cooked standard banquet food - it was anything but. We had the steak & mahi-mahi which were both perfect!! They were very accommodating in substituting vegetables, desserts etc. I was very budget conscious & they did a lovely cheese, fruit display that was both reasonably priced & perfect for an appetizer. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Ellen · Married on 04/02/2016

Larissa was very easy to work with and extremely professional. She took the stress of the event off of me and let me enjoy the evening. We used the Vista Room to host the rehearsal dinner for my son and his bride. It was a perfect evening and everyone had nothing but nice things to say about the view, service and food. It was wonderful.

Sent on 04/13/2016
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/03/2013

I had my reception at the Holiday Inn North Beach and had such an amazing experience.

The team is so flexible and helpful in providing suggestions for decor and food. We had a great meeting with the chef and the food served was amazing. We got so many rave reviews and guests telling us that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. When we did our entrances and sat down, the servers came over with some of the cocktail hour food and it was plated so beautifully. We then got our special "His and Hers" plates and they looked and tasted amazing. The passion that the chef has for his food is very apparent. He came by after we were served to say hello and make sure everything looked good, such a nice touch.

I felt very disorganized and frazzled the days leading up to the wedding as I had planned from out of town and had a lot to do when I got there, but Ashley and her team took care of everything and were so reassuring. The bartenders were so fun and all of my guests had a great time interacting with them! The end result was better than I imagined. I would encourage anyone considering the Holiday Inn to book now! You can't beat it for the value! The level of service is amazing.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Kevin · Married on 04/21/2012

We were delighted wiith our ceremony, reception and the venue itself. We heard from many guests who also loved the location and commented favorably on the quality of food at the dinner. Our primary point of contact, Ashley Alger, proved to be a tireless, responsive, extremely professional and friendly representative of the hotel. If you're considering an oceanfront venue for your wedding, and want a hard working and friendly staff, call the Holiday Inn North Beach.

Sent on 06/10/2012
  • W

Wendy · Married on 11/05/2016

3.5

Holiday Inn North Beach has a wonderful team. They work together to meet the clients needs and do it with a smile. Nothing gets them flustered, believe me. We had a few last minute requests and they handled each one with the same attention to detail as the entire event. The view overlooking the ocean, the table settings and decorating; it was elegant and the food was superb. The Holiday Inn North Beach was beautiful and made me so proud. I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting to make a rare occasion spectacular.

Sent on 11/14/2016
  • User2070595 · 2+ years ago

The Holiday Inn North Beach insured that my wedding was beautiful. The food was great and the room was set up just the way I wanted it to be. The Vista Del Mar is the perfect place for those who love the ocean. It's floor to ceiling windows overlooking the beach definitely make it the perfect spot for a reception. The only downfall is that they have a little trouble handling more than one wedding in a weekend and tend to forget certain things that you ordered. They were always very willing to fix the issues though.

Sent on 09/03/2012

3.5

Had billing problems and had trouble getting answers to questions. Some things I wanted I had to go without because we never got a response.

But the staff was amazing, guests raved about the food and the day went smoothly and that was the most important thing. Well, there are some lingering billing concerns.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Andrea · Married on 09/13/2014

Emily was great in helping plan the wedding, although there were some gaps in communication leading up to the event. However, our wedding went off great! The food was delicious and the chef was very professional and attentive. The waitstaff throughout the reception was excellent. The staff throughout the hotel was friendly and helpful. However, only complaint for the hotel itself was the elevators are incredibly slow and small.

Sent on 09/21/2014

This probably goes without saying, but get everything in writing. Most people do not plan multiple weddings, so details can be promised verbally, but if they are not in writing, there is not much you can do once your wedding weekend arrives. Our son and his fiancé contracted with one wedding planner who took another job about five months before the wedding. When the package was sold and contract signed, it was signed with the the understanding that the rain plan included use of an indoor room (Atrium). It was shown to the groom three times, the bride twice, and three other family members three times as the room that would be used in case of rain. Two days before the wedding, we were told by the new wedding planner that the Atrium was booked. It was a rainy weekend, but luckily it stopped raining 30 minutes before the wedding and it was held on the beach. The new wedding planner was put in an awkward spot and handled it well.

We were also told that the room we reserved for the reception held 125 people and that may be the fire code number. Two weeks before the wedding, we were told that the room really holds about 100. We had about 90, and that was a good number. The dance floor is pretty small.

The other huge mistake we made was not reserving enough rooms in a block. The bride and groom were told to reserve 10 rooms for a projected wedding for 125 people. If you are reserving a block, get rooms in your contract with a date the price is no longer guaranteed for guests. By the time we parents figured out that too few rooms had been reserved, the price had jumped $100 per room. This could have been avoided. Luckily, there are plenty of hotel rooms in Virginia Beach off season.

The good news? The rehearsal dinner at the Isle of Capri was lovely. The food was delicious. The service was first rate. The view was spectacular.

The reception itself was very nice as well. The food was really good. The service was also great. We would use Holiday Inn again.

Sent on 06/05/2016

3.0

I cannot say enough great things about Holiday Inn & Suites North Beach! People have constantly told me that it was the best wedding they've ever been too. The sale manager was wonderful to work with and I am so grateful for her helping hand!

The only negative about this venue is, the front desk professionalism skill need a lot of work. They rolled their eyes at me, transferred me around to various people, and were extremely rude to my guests. Other than that, it's a great place to the sales managers are great at what they do!

Sent on 10/20/2014