Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Chicago Northwest - Elgin Reviews

37 Reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Chicago Northwest - Elgin

• Megan

Megan · Married on 07/06/2019

Wonderful Experience

Our experience with the Holiday Inn was better than we expected. We would meet with and send questions to Eddie and she was so so incredibly professional and courteous to all family members. Mark was there the whole time and late into the night- who was also so helpful and flexible. The staff at dinner, breakfast and bartenders were also so kind and joyful! Thank you all for the perfect time.

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 11/09/2018

Dream came true!

We couldn't have dreamed up a better reception! Morgan and Mark took care of everything. Their assistance, attentiveness and professionalism from beginning to end was amazing. We were able to have the party of our dreams because of the amazing staff at Holiday Inn! Our guests are still talking about how great of a time they had. Thank you for making our dreams come true!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Lupe · Married on 04/28/2018

My daughter's wedding was planned in a short period of time; Megan was outstanding with helping us accommodate our guests and the rest of the staff was wonderful! We didn't have anything to worry about when it came to planning the venue, they took care of everything. I highly recommend the Holiday Inn for any of your upcoming celebrations!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Michael · Married on 12/30/2017

The staff at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago NW Elgin did an outstanding job for our wedding reception on December 30, 2017. This included preparations before the reception and during the event. Crystal Langley did a great job coordinating with us on details as well as during the reception. Mark Cihlar was also a fantastic resource with planning and preparation as well as during the reception. In addition, Manager Eric Overlin provided excellent service during the event as did all the hotel staff including wait staff, bartender, etc. We were very impressed by the attention to detail and the attentiveness of the hotel staff before and during our reception. Highly recommended them!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Conchita · Married on 12/30/2017

Excellent venue!! Good food..Good service and outstanding staff!!!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Stephanie · Married on 11/25/2017

So easy & accommodating! Place looked awesome the night of, so glad we chose this place!!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Monica · Married on 11/11/2017

I recently had my wedding at The Holiday Inn in Elgin and it was amazing! The staff was so nice! Everything exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 11/14/2017
  • W

Wysheen · Married on 11/11/2017

I would like to give a special thanks to the dynamic duo Morgan and Mark for an outstanding job. They went above and beyond to make my birthday party very special...

Sent on 11/19/2017

Caitlyn · Married on 10/20/2017

Morgan and Mark were amazing! Morgan helped us from day one when we booked with the Holiday Inn and she worked with us on a price that met our budget. She was so quick to respond to my emails and phone calls and you can tell she is passionate about her job! I can’t put into words how happy we are that we booked with the Holiday Inn! Mark was also there the day of the wedding and during our rehearsal and he made the banquet room more beautiful than we could have imagined. He was so kind, helpful, and attentive. If you’re looking for a place to have your wedding, The Holiday Inn is perfect. Definitely ask for Morgan and you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/01/2017

The whole event team was absolutely wonderful, I cannot say enough good things about them. Morgan was such a godsend, she answered all my questions in a timely manor, either that day or the next day, they worked with my husband and I on last minute guests and made sure everything was set and ready to go the day of the wedding. I would absolutely recommend them to every one I know.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kathryn · Married on 09/29/2017

Morgan was an absolute delight to work with. She answered my million questions and the Holiday Inns Wedding packages are all inclusive at one price making it easy to manage all the task you must complete for a wedding. Mark also was a dream the day of..keeping all in order and didn't have to think twice about anything or worry about anything the day of! If you ware look in for a one stop shop with amazing help and organization..Holiday Inn Elgin is it!!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Tracey · Married on 09/23/2017

Amazing staff , facility, food, rooms, etc. made a fantastic wedding

Sent on 10/31/2017

C · Married on 09/23/2017

This was the second wedding (both daughters) we had at the Elgin Holiday Inn and Suites. Both times the service, help, and attention to detail was awesome. And everyone is SO friendly! They were able to meet all color requests with seating and decor, helped with our own decor that we brought in, paid attention to the crowd and adjusted things as necessary, and even helped us arrange a breakfast gathering for the following morning. Special thanks go out to Mark and Crystal!!! If we had more daughters, we'd keep going back.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Eurid · Married on 08/23/2017

Pleasure doing business with each stage of planing went smoothly making it less stressful and a pleasurable experience

Sent on 08/02/2017

Kim · Married on 08/05/2017

An awesome hotel for a wedding venue. The staff was easy to work with and very helpful. Chrystal and Mark the Event Coordinators are the best to work with. Professional, helpful and went above and beyond to make my daughters day and our guest weekend perfect! I give both of them 10****plus! Wish we could do it again I wouldn't change anything!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Scott · Married on 07/29/2017

We hosted my daughter's Quince at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Elgin. It was a truly fantastic experience from beginning to end. Mark and Morgan are really awesome and so helpful, and ensured our party was a complete success. I cannot give them high enough praise. Morgan was so patient with us during the entire process of selecting the venue and then going through the process of planning the event. I asked a lot of questions, and Morgan patiently answered each one thoughtfully and thoroughly . She was awesome in making suggestions where my wife, daughter and I weren't sure what to do, and she helped make all of my daughters ideas materialize. Mark was also a gem, keeping the party on track, keeping things moving and going smoothly. Mark was so friendly and helpful and really just made the evening go perfectly.

The venue is so very nice and attractive, and the food was spectacular. I have had a number of our quests reach out to us after the party (and during it too) telling us how delicious all the food choices were. Everything was fresh and delicious. The entire staff was very efficient and friendly. We also had a few people who stayed over night at the hotel and that experience was fantastic as well. Very efficient staff, clean and comfortable rooms. Very pleased with everything.

We were so very happy we chose The Holiday Inn and Suites to host our party. We will definitely recommend to anyone, and when we're in need a of a venue to host a future party we will use this location for sure. You absolutely will not go wrong using this venue for your event!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Alain · Married on 05/27/2017

Mark Cihlar, Morgan Schramm and the whole team were the best!! They attended to every need we had when we celebrated our event. I will truly book my next event at this location. No fuss, they delivered what they said they will do. Everything was done with professionalism and consideration. Love every minute of our event!! Thank you Holiday Inn Elgin!! You guys are awesome!!!

Sent on 10/07/2017
  • W

William · Married on 05/20/2017

We were very happy with the way the evening went. Everyone went out of their way for us. Our guests told us how lovely everything was.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

I had recently just gotten married at hoilday inn and it was amazing. Mark and crystal can do wonderful things! I definitely will recommend this place

Sent on 05/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/29/2017

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. Everyone was very helpful and attentive, especially Mark and Morgan. They both gave excellent service and were always right there when you needed them. This Holiday Inn was also very convenient for us as they had everything we needed right on the property. We did our rehearsal dinner there (at Bennigans), we had our ceremony and reception there, and then everyone was able to go right up to their rooms after. The prices were also very reasonable for everything that was included. I would definitely recommend having your wedding/event here!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Peggy · Married on 04/21/2017

Wonderful experience!! Would highly recommend services!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Karen · Married on 03/25/2017

We checked out other Holiday Inns within a 40 mile radius for our wedding venue since we had a lot of out of town guests staying at the hotel.
    Crystal Langley did an outstanding job putting together the wedding we wanted. She was so accommodating to not only the bride's needs, but the parents as well. She orchestrated everything and Mark made sure it happened.
    Mark was so detailed oriented. He and Crystal set up the ceremony and reception just the way we wanted. Mark even thought about details I wouldn't have thought of. He was so accommodating to our needs throughout the wedding.
    When guests arrived in the ballroom, everyone went "WOW!" That's how beautiful it was. White drapery throughout with up lighting was just beautiful.
    Every guest called or emailed us telling us how great the wedding was. The food was spectacular! We had filet mignon & lemon chicken. Even the soup got rave revues! We also had 3 appetizers which guests really enjoyed, an open bar and a wedding cake included in the package which was so moist and delicious! Then we had late night snacks for guests who had to drive home.
    The guests who stayed at the hotel even told me how comfortable the beds were. We all slept well.
    The next morning we met for breakfast and we couldn't believe we saw Mark there, continuing to accommodate us. We couldn't believe how much he works. We asked him if he ever slept. Our guests loved the fact that they could go to a wedding and have a good time and not have to worry about driving home. Since Crystal gave us a discount on rooms, even locals wanted to stay and enjoy it.
    We have stayed at several Holiday Inns in the area since I'm a rewards member and no other Holiday Inn compares to this one. It is by far my favorite. I will definitely stay there again.
    It was reasonably priced since we had it at the end of March.
    Every bride should consider this place for their wedding.They will not be disappointed and your guests will love you for it.

Sent on 04/09/2017

Beth · Married on 01/27/2017

Crystal and Mark were amazing to work with and super helpful. They stayed the entire time to make sure everything was taken care of throughout the night. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Leanne · Married on 01/27/2017

Two words describe the experience of hosting an event at Hotel Inn & Suites Chicago NW in Elgin - Stress-free and Convenient. The accommodations were wonderful. For example, the bridal suite was used the day of the wedding for hair and make up; lunch from the on-site Bennigan's was delivered to the room. In addition, guests were able to mingle either in the spacious lobby area or at the Bennigan's before and after the reception.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Crystal was amazing! She was super flexible and really catered to what we wanted. Any questions we had she responded to very quickly. If she didn't know the answer she would find out and get back to us. She was out of the country on vacation and was even responding to our emails and answering questions. Couldn't thank her and the Holiday Inn staff enough for making our wedding a night we will never forget!!

Sent on 12/14/2016