41 Reviews for Hoi Polloi

Lighting (2)
Sample Music (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
41 Hoi Polloi Reviews

Jim and the band were the best part of our wedding. They were flexible, accommodating, and made the experience really personal. My guests raves about them and no one sat the entire night. I couldn’t have asked for better!

Profile Picture Jeanne, 2/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I was the maid of honor in a wedding this past weekend where Hoi Polloi played and let me tell you they were AMAZING! From all the coordination from behind the scenes to keeping everyone on the dance floor and entertained the whole time. Do not hesitate to book them! They were incredible!!!!!!

Profile Picture Devin, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Jim (and the entire band) was INCREDIBLE to work with. He was so responsive and took the time to really understand the types of music we would want played at our wedding. And the band even took the time to learn a bit of an odd song for my husband and my first dance. They really rocked and we continue to get SO many compliments and questions about our awesome wedding band. Their prices were very reasonable AND they were SUPER accommodating as questions/things came up as the date got closer. Thank you, Jim and all of Hoi Polloi! You guys are the best! :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Whenever we run into guests from our wedding, they always comment on "the band" and how much fun they had. This is "the band" and the best choice for your wedding...hands down! They are extremely talented professionals, will nail every song from Frank Sinatra to Bruno Mars, and have an incredible zest for what they do!! Hoi Polloi learned and performed "The Mighty Quinn" as a tribute to our son - he and they stole the show and we will never forget the memories from that day. Do yourself a favor and look no further...

Profile Picture Jason, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi was overall GREAT! They came to the space prior to the wedding, learned our traditional bridal dance song, and followed all wants! We had a great experience! Thank you band!

Profile Picture Marykate, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi was absolutely fabulous!! My daughter's wedding could not have been any better, the dance floor was jamming from the very first song they played. During the planning process of this big event, people told us the 2 things that really make a wedding are the music and the food and they couldn't be more right. We first saw this band at Mohawk House in Sparta and we booked them that night!! A friends daughter is getting married next June and I recommended them to her, they went to see them and also booked them! They are amazing and a real pleasure to work with. Can't say enough about them. They were just awesome ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Profile Picture Karen, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi made our wedding a great one. They brought the energy from the start and kept it going throughout the course of our reception. My 30-something friends loved them almost as much as my 60-something family did. They have a huge selection of music for a wide variety of tastes. They also performed beautifully during our ceremony and put together a cocktail hour playlist with one or two random requests.

Prior to our wedding, Jim Albrecht was a pleasure to deal with. Jim was friendly and thorough, professional in all encounters. You could tell he loves what he does and got us even more excited about our wedding as we traded emails about the song list, equipment and scheduling a time to see them perform in person.

If you're looking for a great wedding band, book Hoi Polloi. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Pete, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Check out Hoi Polloi before you look at any other band. My family has been using Hoi Polloi religiously for more than a decade, and the band has never disappointed. From weddings, to reunions to birthdays, Hoi Polloi adapts to any occasion. Most recently, Hoi Polloi performed at my wedding, and the dance floor was never empty. We received the highest compliments on our wedding, with special kudos going to Hoi Polloi.

Profile Picture Joan, 5/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We were married on November 6. Jim was so helpful throughout the entire process. He helped us compile our music list as well as making suggestions for the best experience possible. The music was excellent as well. They played all 54 songs we requested as well as some other wedding favorites. People raved about Hoi Polloi at the conclusion of the wedding. I would recommend them to anyone! Thank you so much for an amazing evening.

Thanks,
Jamie and Chris

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Jim Albrecht is the nicest and most professional guy you will ever want to meet. We had to go over my details and make changes due to some special circumstances surrounding our wedding. He was always upbeat and friendly. We had the pleasure of getting up on stage with them. We also hired the female vocalist. We had fun all night and our guests raved about them!

Profile Picture Alexa, 10/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We cannot even put into words how much we loved Hoi Polloi at our wedding!!!

Not only is Jim a pleasure to work with, but he was super accommodating. He helped us through the planning process and made sure we had everything covered. Jim played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and it was fabulous!!! We wanted our ceremony to be unique and boy did he deliver. He even learned a new song for us, it sounded like was playing it for years!!!

During our reception the entire band was amazing! Not only are they great musicians they are also fantastic MCs. The dance floor was packed all night, my husband and I were getting compliments all night while the reception was going on, saying how amazing the band was. The next day it was all people were talking about. Seriously, hire them, you will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Lee, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

This band was amazing. Great music, great service, great attitudes, great price. Loved them!

Profile Picture User7362361, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

My husband and I loved Jim and the rest of the band - as did all our wedding guests! We still have friends and family who tell us how awesome there were that night, and we have many friends getting married who asked for their information. We picked them because I am a extremely particular about music, and tend to like a lot of classic rock and more obscure, older stuff - but my husband likes more recent music. Their set list was the most comprehensive we saw, and they were extremely helpful in organizing the whole day in the most cost-efficient manner for us. They worked with me to find the Stevie Nicks song I really wanted to walk down the aisle to, and played it perfectly. Most importantly, we requested that they learn to play our song at a slower pace for our first dance. Even with our picky edits to the first recording they sent us, they worked on it again and completely nailed it the day of. Extremely professional and experienced in the industry to anticipate needs that we didn't know we needed yet. Were very accommodating in finding evenings for us to come hear them play live. And finally, they just freaking rocked - everyone was dancing like crazy all night - the perfect combo that made them appropriate for a more formal event, but played music and made you dance like you were at a concert/bar. Love them!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Everyone has such a great time ! The band from the beginning was very professional. Not only did they perform great music they help plan the whole flow of the reception and kept things running smoothly. They even learned our song on short notice! We had a diverse group at the wedding and they kept everyone young and old dancing. They were also friendly and outgoing and felt like they were friends by the end of the night !!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi was AMAZING. Planning a wedding is not the easiest thing but Jim (my main contact with the band) and Hoi Polloi made the music planning a cinch. Jim made the entire process from start to finish so easy and stress-free. I continually knew we were on the same page during the whole planning process. His response times were great, they could not have been accommodating and most importantly they kept the dance floor packed the whole night. So many guests commented on how great the band was and how they made the wedding that much more fun.

I would highly recommend working with Jim and Hoi Polloi!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi played at my brother’s wedding two years ago and everyone loved them. The dance floor was packed all night. When it came time for our wedding my husband was hesitant to hire them because he didn’t want it to seem like we were copying my brother. We looked at other bands but could not find anyone nearly as good. I’m so glad we ended up choosing Hoi Polloi again. Jim was so easy to work with. The band learned a few songs for us and made suggestions when we were stuck. On the night of our wedding everyone commented how much they loved the band. Once again, the dance floor was packed from start to finish.

Profile Picture Dina, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

This band was simply amazing!!! They were so easy to work with, and we did some things out of the ordinary, such as the bouquet toss during the cocktail hour, and a general mix up of events. We also gave them our list of special songs later than we should have, and they came through with everything sounding wonderful! So many of our guests told us how great the band was, and I know they handed out several cards for future wedding events. My recommendation is to book them asap if you want to have a night of fun and dancing, as well as a stress free planning process, at least for the entertainment part of your wedding :)

Profile Picture Susan, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Honestly, the reception would not have been the same. They made the party happen. Words from one of the guests, "it was like someone threw a party and a wedding happened!" This was the best decision I made for the wedding and we could not have been happier. We love them to death and will be visiting them on their set nights around our town frequently!

Profile Picture Olivia, 7/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Band

I saw Hoi Palloi play at a few galas my mom helped host over the last six years and they also played at one of our best friend's wedding. I have never had SO much fun at a wedding as we did when they played. I couldn't get over how many people danced all night. Normally, people kind of drift back and forth on the dance floor and come on for the typical wedding songs. Nope, not Hoi Palloi. Brides, bring some socks or flats or go barefoot if you want. Tell your wedding party to do the same. You’re going to be on that dance floor all night and so will the entire room. Jim goes onto the dance floor and sings among the crowd too, which really gets everyone going. They are absolutely 100% amazing and one of the very first vendors we booked. I knew right away we wanted them and they completely surpassed our expectations. Everyone at our wedding raved about them. The dance floor was never empty and the other great thing was that they dj'd songs during their breaks so I requested more current songs too that guests might like to hear. They also worked with me to learn a Springsteen song that they didn't previously know. They were incredibly easy to work with. Jim always got back to me right away and listened to any concerns I had. It. He was very professional and thorough with the details of introducing family members and the wedding party. He made sure everyone was in order before walking in and took the time to make sure everyone's name was pronounced correctly.It was one of the best decisions we made for the reception. I can honestly say, they made our reception what it was. By 11, the floor was still full and people wanted them to keep playing. I haven’t stopped hearing about how much people loved them and it’s almost September now. If there’s one vendor you book, let it be them. Trust me. They were outstanding.

Profile Picture gina, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

HOI POLLOI helped immensely to make our wedding such a fun and truly magical evening! We have gotten nothing but rave reviews about the band from all of our guests, our photographers, AND our venue! They kept the party going all night long with great music and fantastic energy--our guests barely sat down! We would be honored and happy to recommend Hoi Polloi to anyone, and everyone!

Jim was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. He responds to emails quickly, and offers great advice & suggestions. Sue did a brilliant job playing piano at our ceremony, and even helped pull off a surprise for the groom! Every member of the band is incredibly professional, personable, musically gifted, and generally fantastic at what they do.

We couldn't be happier with how the evening went and Hoi Polloi was such a huge part of it. They played all the perfect songs at all the perfect moments, and even learned some of our favorites for us! We wish we could go back and do it all over again! Thanks for everything, Hoi Polloi; we hope to have the privilege to see you again soon!

Profile Picture Marisa, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi was amazing! Our guests danced the entire night through and 6 months later people are still talking about what a great band we had! I could not have asked for anything better! Jim was great was to work with and exceeded our expectations in every way!

Profile Picture Lisa, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception

My husband and I have seen Hoi Polloi a few times at the Mohawk House in Sparta, NJ. When it came time to finding a band for our wedding we discussed using them not realizing just how many weddings they have played. Choosing them quickly became the best wedding decision we made! After all, music really sets the tone for the whole entire evening. Jim, our contact, was an absolute pleasure to work with. They are full service, accommodating us with a DJ when the band went on break and music during the cocktail hour and very reasonable with their prices. It was a bold move on our part but my husband and I couldn't agree on music to put together a playlist so we left it entirely up to them, only mentioning artists we did not want to hear. The variety they picked was amazing, they hit every genre at the wedding. People actually came up to us and said we had the best song list they have ever heard at a wedding and we had to admit we had absolutely nothing to do with it, the band deserved all the credit. The dance floor was packed all night, my feet had the blisters to prove it! The raving compliments we have received from guests were overwhelming, a few people did not realize it was a band at first because they sounded SO good. I think it is a true testament to the band when people leave the other wedding at the hotel to come and crash and dance to their music.

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

Best wedding decision we made! You cannot go wrong with choosing Hoi Polloi as your wedding band! During and after the wedding, so many of our guests raved about how much fun they had at our wedding specifically because they loved the band and our playlist. From the start, Jim A (our main contact with the band) was very helpful and responsive. I had tons of questions during the planning process and every time I reached out to Jim, he got back to me so quickly with a thorough response. The band has a wide range of songs they can play. We loved this and we were able to create a playlist that included oldies, wedding classics, modern songs, and country! They also created a playlist for background music during cocktail hour and set up a speaker for that. We loved being able to hand pick the songs that were played at the wedding. The whole band was professional and super friendly. They played for most of the night, barely taking a break. All this from a band that was also very affordable! We went to another wedding where Hoi Polloi played and my husband and I did not leave the dance floor then or at our own wedding! Their energy is amazing and they truly made our night perfect! You will not regret choosing them and we recommend them to any newly engaged couple.

Profile Picture Tara, 11/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

My husband and I were so thrilled to have found a band like Hoi Polloi. They were amazing to work with prior to the wedding and very accommodating. They have an extensive playlist of songs to chose from and they even learned a few for our wedding! The dance floor was filled the whole time with all of the guests dancing. Everyone commented on what a great band they are. Hoi Polloi is a must have if you are looking for a band for you wedding!

Profile Picture User6462158, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

12 years ago my sister got married and had a band who's name I couldn't spell at the time, but who I would NEVER forget! That's the thing about Hoi Polloi, they make a lasting impression and provide an unforgettable experience. I didn't even consider looking for other bands or pricing for DJs, because I knew that the band set the tone for the night, and there was no better group out there to do that than these guys! Jim was flawless in his organization and preparation over the year of communication and planning. He was the next best thing to a wedding coordinator! Their attention to detail, professional approach, and incredible talents are unmatched by any other group. There was not a moment that the dance floor was empty, or a song you wish they'd "skip," or something they forgot from your "must play" list. They adjusted to the mood of the group and the flow of the evening impeccably. I loved them at my sister's wedding, and I still love them now! My guest have not stopped complimenting me on the great selection, thankfully it was the easiest one I made through the whole planning process!

Profile Picture MaryColleen, 10/2/15, 2 Reviews