Hoi Polloi Reviews

54 | Succasunna, NJ

54 Reviews for Hoi Polloi

54 Hoi Polloi Reviews

Cynthia Bustos · Married on 10/28/2018

Our wedding awesome because of this band!

We loved having Hoi Polloi at our wedding! They brought the party! Our guests had so much fun the entire night. Furthermore, working with the band leading up to the wedding was nothing short of wonderful. They learned more than one song for us and they played them tremendously. They made the planning process so easy and ensured our event went smoothly. We could not have picked a better band to deliver an unforgettable experience.

Rio Lusquinos · Married on 10/06/2018

Couldn’t be happier

There was constant and clear communication between Jim and is from day 1. He made the process super simple and stress free. They did a perfect job of coordinating music for the ceremony, and they absolutely shined during the reception. The dance floor was never empty, and I still have people raving about Hoi Polloi almost a month post-wedding.

Heather · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Hoi Polloi; I wish I could give more than 5 stars. From the very beginning Jim was extremely responsive and returned my emails within hours and even while on a business trip. The band was extremely flexible as we had to change wedding dates and then 2 days before the wedding we found out we needed a microphone for our ceremony which we weren't expecting. Hoi Polloi to the rescue! They all showed up much earlier than they were originally hired for and set up the ceremony site. I had zero stress because I knew Jim and his crew had everything handled. Hoi Polloi has hundreds of songs in their library and yet my husband and I chose 2 songs they didn't know for our mother/son dance and father/daughter dance and yet again Hoi Polloi came through and learned these songs for us!!!! Unbelievable!! It's been almost a week now and I am still getting texts and phone calls from people asking for their information and telling me it was the best wedding entertainment they've ever seen. The venues bartender who works weddings year round thanked me for hiring them because he loved the music and appreciated a very talented band. Our guests were up on the dance floor the entire time and didn't want it to end. Hoi Polloi is top notch and I recommend them 1000%!! I cannot wait to visit them at their future public gigs.

Jaclyn · Married on 08/24/2018

We got married on August 25 and Hoi Polloi was our band. They did a phenomenal job! Susan provided the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. It was perfect. The reception music was awesome. The entire night our guests were raving about the music - how good they sounded and the variety of music they played. We could not have asked for more. Our first dance song was I Found Love. They learned the song for us and we fell in love with the way they sang it. We actually liked it better than the original. Jim did an amazing job as the mc. He kept the party moving and the guests on the dance floor. They were so easy to work with both before the wedding and during. We have had numerous guests already request their information so they can hire them for an event. My husband is already saying he wants to have a party just to hear them again!

Meredith · Married on 08/11/2018

Hoi Polloi was AMAZING! From the start, Jim made the experience comfortable and smooth! He and the band were flexible with our plans! On the day of the wedding it rained moving some of what was planned inside the band adjusted and everything went so well!! Our night was perfect because of how this band performed and got our entire wedding moving:) I highly recommend hiring them!

Hoi Polloi 1

Casey · Married on 07/20/2018

As musicians ourselves, my husband and I tend to be very picky when it comes to the quality of live music. Never before have we seen our friends and family REFUSE to stop dancing during a wedding! Hoi Polloi played such an amazing, diverse, and high quality wedding reception that kept our guests on the dance floor all night! Jim Albrecht was incredibly communicative and helpful throughout the entire planning process and Sue Polcer's piano performance during our cocktail hour left our guests in awe! We could not be more thrilled with how AWESOME this band was and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for live music for their wedding or event!

Maggie · Married on 07/14/2018

Hoi Polloi made our wedding, a party all our quests are still talking about. So easy to work with. Jim was especially helpful and supportive. I couldn't imagine getting married without them. You won't be disappointed, i promise. Maggie

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2018

Anyone would be absolutely crazy to not use Hoi Polloi for their wedding. From day 1 it has been a pleasure working with Jim and all of his staff. It was easy to arrange phone calls since we were based out of CT. They were responsive to all of my emails as well. When the day of came we had anticipated rain and they were so flexible about setting up and getting us ready for the ceremony. Fortunately it didn’t rain and it all worked out! As for the entertainment, our guests have not stopped talking about how incredible the band and DJ were. They kept us dancing the entire time and half of our guests missed dessert because they couldn’t stay away from the dance floor! Jim on the guitar is out of this world, and we had Al as our DJ and he was phenomenal. He did a Spanish segment and the Crowd went wild. We keep telling Eveheone to use them for their weddings so we can see them just one more time!!! I promise you If you have Hoi Polloi at your wedding you will not regret it and your guests will never stop talking about it. They truly make it a night to remember.

Meghan · Married on 06/09/2018

Hoi Polloi was so great! They were extremely flexible and easy to work with. They did a great job accommodating whatever we wanted and learned multiple songs for both the ceremony and reception for us. They did an amazing job at our wedding and we received so many complements from our guests! They did a great job keeping the party going and the dance floor was never empty! We highly recommend them to anyone looking for live music on their big day!

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2018

Hoi Polloi made our wedding a blast! Our guests were on the dance floor throughout the night! They were great to work with during the planning process, making sure they understood our needs and wants for our special day - and they met every expectation and more. I highly recommend !!!

Rose · Married on 05/18/2018

We definitely made the right choice when we booked Hoi Polloi for our wedding! What a fantastic job by the entire crew! They had our dance floor packed all night with great music. Jim was a pleasure to work with and met every single one of all of our needs. We gave them artistic freedom as to the music choices throughout the dance portion of the night and they did not disappoint! We still get compliments 2 months after our wedding about how great our band was. Thank You Hoi Polloi for making our wedding the Best Day Ever!

Jeanne · Married on 02/03/2018

Jim and the band were the best part of our wedding. They were flexible, accommodating, and made the experience really personal. My guests raves about them and no one sat the entire night. I couldn’t have asked for better!

Alyse · Married on 12/30/2017

Hoi Polloi played at our wedding this July, and they were just incredible! They had all of our guests dancing the entire night! So many people commented on how fantastic the bad was! The song list they offer is expansive, with music from many different genres. Througout the planning process, Jim was so helpful, responsive, and accommodating. We could not have been happier with our choice to have Hoi Polloi play our wedding. We wish we could give them 10 stars!

Devin · Married on 11/04/2017

I was the maid of honor in a wedding this past weekend where Hoi Polloi played and let me tell you they were AMAZING! From all the coordination from behind the scenes to keeping everyone on the dance floor and entertained the whole time. Do not hesitate to book them! They were incredible!!!!!!

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2017

Jim (and the entire band) was INCREDIBLE to work with. He was so responsive and took the time to really understand the types of music we would want played at our wedding. And the band even took the time to learn a bit of an odd song for my husband and my first dance. They really rocked and we continue to get SO many compliments and questions about our awesome wedding band. Their prices were very reasonable AND they were SUPER accommodating as questions/things came up as the date got closer. Thank you, Jim and all of Hoi Polloi! You guys are the best! :)

Jason · Married on 09/16/2017

Whenever we run into guests from our wedding, they always comment on "the band" and how much fun they had. This is "the band" and the best choice for your wedding...hands down! They are extremely talented professionals, will nail every song from Frank Sinatra to Bruno Mars, and have an incredible zest for what they do!! Hoi Polloi learned and performed "The Mighty Quinn" as a tribute to our son - he and they stole the show and we will never forget the memories from that day. Do yourself a favor and look no further...

Hoi Polloi 2
    Hoi Polloi 3

Marykate · Married on 09/02/2017

Hoi Polloi was overall GREAT! They came to the space prior to the wedding, learned our traditional bridal dance song, and followed all wants! We had a great experience! Thank you band!

Karen · Married on 07/22/2017

Hoi Polloi was absolutely fabulous!! My daughter's wedding could not have been any better, the dance floor was jamming from the very first song they played. During the planning process of this big event, people told us the 2 things that really make a wedding are the music and the food and they couldn't be more right. We first saw this band at Mohawk House in Sparta and we booked them that night!! A friends daughter is getting married next June and I recommended them to her, they went to see them and also booked them! They are amazing and a real pleasure to work with. Can't say enough about them. They were just awesome ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Pete · Married on 06/24/2017

Hoi Polloi made our wedding a great one. They brought the energy from the start and kept it going throughout the course of our reception. My 30-something friends loved them almost as much as my 60-something family did. They have a huge selection of music for a wide variety of tastes. They also performed beautifully during our ceremony and put together a cocktail hour playlist with one or two random requests.

Prior to our wedding, Jim Albrecht was a pleasure to deal with. Jim was friendly and thorough, professional in all encounters. You could tell he loves what he does and got us even more excited about our wedding as we traded emails about the song list, equipment and scheduling a time to see them perform in person.

If you're looking for a great wedding band, book Hoi Polloi. You will not regret it.

Joan · Married on 05/12/2017

Check out Hoi Polloi before you look at any other band. My family has been using Hoi Polloi religiously for more than a decade, and the band has never disappointed. From weddings, to reunions to birthdays, Hoi Polloi adapts to any occasion. Most recently, Hoi Polloi performed at my wedding, and the dance floor was never empty. We received the highest compliments on our wedding, with special kudos going to Hoi Polloi.

Jamie · Married on 11/06/2016

We were married on November 6. Jim was so helpful throughout the entire process. He helped us compile our music list as well as making suggestions for the best experience possible. The music was excellent as well. They played all 54 songs we requested as well as some other wedding favorites. People raved about Hoi Polloi at the conclusion of the wedding. I would recommend them to anyone! Thank you so much for an amazing evening.

Thanks,
    Jamie and Chris

Alexa · Married on 10/16/2016

Jim Albrecht is the nicest and most professional guy you will ever want to meet. We had to go over my details and make changes due to some special circumstances surrounding our wedding. He was always upbeat and friendly. We had the pleasure of getting up on stage with them. We also hired the female vocalist. We had fun all night and our guests raved about them!

Lee · Married on 10/15/2016

We cannot even put into words how much we loved Hoi Polloi at our wedding!!!

Not only is Jim a pleasure to work with, but he was super accommodating. He helped us through the planning process and made sure we had everything covered. Jim played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and it was fabulous!!! We wanted our ceremony to be unique and boy did he deliver. He even learned a new song for us, it sounded like was playing it for years!!!

During our reception the entire band was amazing! Not only are they great musicians they are also fantastic MCs. The dance floor was packed all night, my husband and I were getting compliments all night while the reception was going on, saying how amazing the band was. The next day it was all people were talking about. Seriously, hire them, you will not be disappointed!!!

Jim · Married on 10/15/2016

This band was amazing. Great music, great service, great attitudes, great price. Loved them!

Emily · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband and I loved Jim and the rest of the band - as did all our wedding guests! We still have friends and family who tell us how awesome there were that night, and we have many friends getting married who asked for their information. We picked them because I am a extremely particular about music, and tend to like a lot of classic rock and more obscure, older stuff - but my husband likes more recent music. Their set list was the most comprehensive we saw, and they were extremely helpful in organizing the whole day in the most cost-efficient manner for us. They worked with me to find the Stevie Nicks song I really wanted to walk down the aisle to, and played it perfectly. Most importantly, we requested that they learn to play our song at a slower pace for our first dance. Even with our picky edits to the first recording they sent us, they worked on it again and completely nailed it the day of. Extremely professional and experienced in the industry to anticipate needs that we didn't know we needed yet. Were very accommodating in finding evenings for us to come hear them play live. And finally, they just freaking rocked - everyone was dancing like crazy all night - the perfect combo that made them appropriate for a more formal event, but played music and made you dance like you were at a concert/bar. Love them!