50 Reviews for Hoi Polloi

Lighting (2)
Instrumentals (1)
Sample Music (1)
50 Hoi Polloi Reviews

Hoi Polloi was AMAZING! From the start, Jim made the experience comfortable and smooth! He and the band were flexible with our plans! On the day of the wedding it rained moving some of what was planned inside the band adjusted and everything went so well!! Our night was perfect because of how this band performed and got our entire wedding moving:) I highly recommend hiring them!

Photo for Hoi Polloi Review - Walking out to start the night!!!
Profile Picture Meredith, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

As musicians ourselves, my husband and I tend to be very picky when it comes to the quality of live music. Never before have we seen our friends and family REFUSE to stop dancing during a wedding! Hoi Polloi played such an amazing, diverse, and high quality wedding reception that kept our guests on the dance floor all night! Jim Albrecht was incredibly communicative and helpful throughout the entire planning process and Sue Polcer's piano performance during our cocktail hour left our guests in awe! We could not be more thrilled with how AWESOME this band was and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for live music for their wedding or event!

Profile Picture Casey, 7/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi made our wedding, a party all our quests are still talking about. So easy to work with. Jim was especially helpful and supportive. I couldn't imagine getting married without them. You won't be disappointed, i promise. Maggie

Profile Picture Maggie, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Anyone would be absolutely crazy to not use Hoi Polloi for their wedding. From day 1 it has been a pleasure working with Jim and all of his staff. It was easy to arrange phone calls since we were based out of CT. They were responsive to all of my emails as well. When the day of came we had anticipated rain and they were so flexible about setting up and getting us ready for the ceremony. Fortunately it didn’t rain and it all worked out! As for the entertainment, our guests have not stopped talking about how incredible the band and DJ were. They kept us dancing the entire time and half of our guests missed dessert because they couldn’t stay away from the dance floor! Jim on the guitar is out of this world, and we had Al as our DJ and he was phenomenal. He did a Spanish segment and the Crowd went wild. We keep telling Eveheone to use them for their weddings so we can see them just one more time!!! I promise you If you have Hoi Polloi at your wedding you will not regret it and your guests will never stop talking about it. They truly make it a night to remember.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi was so great! They were extremely flexible and easy to work with. They did a great job accommodating whatever we wanted and learned multiple songs for both the ceremony and reception for us. They did an amazing job at our wedding and we received so many complements from our guests! They did a great job keeping the party going and the dance floor was never empty! We highly recommend them to anyone looking for live music on their big day!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi made our wedding a blast! Our guests were on the dance floor throughout the night! They were great to work with during the planning process, making sure they understood our needs and wants for our special day - and they met every expectation and more. I highly recommend !!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

We definitely made the right choice when we booked Hoi Polloi for our wedding! What a fantastic job by the entire crew! They had our dance floor packed all night with great music. Jim was a pleasure to work with and met every single one of all of our needs. We gave them artistic freedom as to the music choices throughout the dance portion of the night and they did not disappoint! We still get compliments 2 months after our wedding about how great our band was. Thank You Hoi Polloi for making our wedding the Best Day Ever!

Profile Picture Rose, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ

Jim and the band were the best part of our wedding. They were flexible, accommodating, and made the experience really personal. My guests raves about them and no one sat the entire night. I couldn’t have asked for better!

Profile Picture Jeanne, 2/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi played at our wedding this July, and they were just incredible! They had all of our guests dancing the entire night! So many people commented on how fantastic the bad was! The song list they offer is expansive, with music from many different genres. Througout the planning process, Jim was so helpful, responsive, and accommodating. We could not have been happier with our choice to have Hoi Polloi play our wedding. We wish we could give them 10 stars!

Profile Picture Alyse, 12/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

I was the maid of honor in a wedding this past weekend where Hoi Polloi played and let me tell you they were AMAZING! From all the coordination from behind the scenes to keeping everyone on the dance floor and entertained the whole time. Do not hesitate to book them! They were incredible!!!!!!

Profile Picture Devin, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Jim (and the entire band) was INCREDIBLE to work with. He was so responsive and took the time to really understand the types of music we would want played at our wedding. And the band even took the time to learn a bit of an odd song for my husband and my first dance. They really rocked and we continue to get SO many compliments and questions about our awesome wedding band. Their prices were very reasonable AND they were SUPER accommodating as questions/things came up as the date got closer. Thank you, Jim and all of Hoi Polloi! You guys are the best! :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Whenever we run into guests from our wedding, they always comment on "the band" and how much fun they had. This is "the band" and the best choice for your wedding...hands down! They are extremely talented professionals, will nail every song from Frank Sinatra to Bruno Mars, and have an incredible zest for what they do!! Hoi Polloi learned and performed "The Mighty Quinn" as a tribute to our son - he and they stole the show and we will never forget the memories from that day. Do yourself a favor and look no further...

Profile Picture Jason, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi was overall GREAT! They came to the space prior to the wedding, learned our traditional bridal dance song, and followed all wants! We had a great experience! Thank you band!

Profile Picture Marykate, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi was absolutely fabulous!! My daughter's wedding could not have been any better, the dance floor was jamming from the very first song they played. During the planning process of this big event, people told us the 2 things that really make a wedding are the music and the food and they couldn't be more right. We first saw this band at Mohawk House in Sparta and we booked them that night!! A friends daughter is getting married next June and I recommended them to her, they went to see them and also booked them! They are amazing and a real pleasure to work with. Can't say enough about them. They were just awesome ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Profile Picture Karen, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi made our wedding a great one. They brought the energy from the start and kept it going throughout the course of our reception. My 30-something friends loved them almost as much as my 60-something family did. They have a huge selection of music for a wide variety of tastes. They also performed beautifully during our ceremony and put together a cocktail hour playlist with one or two random requests.

Prior to our wedding, Jim Albrecht was a pleasure to deal with. Jim was friendly and thorough, professional in all encounters. You could tell he loves what he does and got us even more excited about our wedding as we traded emails about the song list, equipment and scheduling a time to see them perform in person.

If you're looking for a great wedding band, book Hoi Polloi. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Pete, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Check out Hoi Polloi before you look at any other band. My family has been using Hoi Polloi religiously for more than a decade, and the band has never disappointed. From weddings, to reunions to birthdays, Hoi Polloi adapts to any occasion. Most recently, Hoi Polloi performed at my wedding, and the dance floor was never empty. We received the highest compliments on our wedding, with special kudos going to Hoi Polloi.

Profile Picture Joan, 5/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

We were married on November 6. Jim was so helpful throughout the entire process. He helped us compile our music list as well as making suggestions for the best experience possible. The music was excellent as well. They played all 54 songs we requested as well as some other wedding favorites. People raved about Hoi Polloi at the conclusion of the wedding. I would recommend them to anyone! Thank you so much for an amazing evening.

Thanks,
Jamie and Chris

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Jim Albrecht is the nicest and most professional guy you will ever want to meet. We had to go over my details and make changes due to some special circumstances surrounding our wedding. He was always upbeat and friendly. We had the pleasure of getting up on stage with them. We also hired the female vocalist. We had fun all night and our guests raved about them!

Profile Picture Alexa, 10/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We cannot even put into words how much we loved Hoi Polloi at our wedding!!!

Not only is Jim a pleasure to work with, but he was super accommodating. He helped us through the planning process and made sure we had everything covered. Jim played acoustic guitar for our ceremony and it was fabulous!!! We wanted our ceremony to be unique and boy did he deliver. He even learned a new song for us, it sounded like was playing it for years!!!

During our reception the entire band was amazing! Not only are they great musicians they are also fantastic MCs. The dance floor was packed all night, my husband and I were getting compliments all night while the reception was going on, saying how amazing the band was. The next day it was all people were talking about. Seriously, hire them, you will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Lee, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

This band was amazing. Great music, great service, great attitudes, great price. Loved them!

Profile Picture User7362361, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

My husband and I loved Jim and the rest of the band - as did all our wedding guests! We still have friends and family who tell us how awesome there were that night, and we have many friends getting married who asked for their information. We picked them because I am a extremely particular about music, and tend to like a lot of classic rock and more obscure, older stuff - but my husband likes more recent music. Their set list was the most comprehensive we saw, and they were extremely helpful in organizing the whole day in the most cost-efficient manner for us. They worked with me to find the Stevie Nicks song I really wanted to walk down the aisle to, and played it perfectly. Most importantly, we requested that they learn to play our song at a slower pace for our first dance. Even with our picky edits to the first recording they sent us, they worked on it again and completely nailed it the day of. Extremely professional and experienced in the industry to anticipate needs that we didn't know we needed yet. Were very accommodating in finding evenings for us to come hear them play live. And finally, they just freaking rocked - everyone was dancing like crazy all night - the perfect combo that made them appropriate for a more formal event, but played music and made you dance like you were at a concert/bar. Love them!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Everyone has such a great time ! The band from the beginning was very professional. Not only did they perform great music they help plan the whole flow of the reception and kept things running smoothly. They even learned our song on short notice! We had a diverse group at the wedding and they kept everyone young and old dancing. They were also friendly and outgoing and felt like they were friends by the end of the night !!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi was AMAZING. Planning a wedding is not the easiest thing but Jim (my main contact with the band) and Hoi Polloi made the music planning a cinch. Jim made the entire process from start to finish so easy and stress-free. I continually knew we were on the same page during the whole planning process. His response times were great, they could not have been accommodating and most importantly they kept the dance floor packed the whole night. So many guests commented on how great the band was and how they made the wedding that much more fun.

I would highly recommend working with Jim and Hoi Polloi!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hoi Polloi played at my brother’s wedding two years ago and everyone loved them. The dance floor was packed all night. When it came time for our wedding my husband was hesitant to hire them because he didn’t want it to seem like we were copying my brother. We looked at other bands but could not find anyone nearly as good. I’m so glad we ended up choosing Hoi Polloi again. Jim was so easy to work with. The band learned a few songs for us and made suggestions when we were stuck. On the night of our wedding everyone commented how much they loved the band. Once again, the dance floor was packed from start to finish.

Profile Picture Dina, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

This band was simply amazing!!! They were so easy to work with, and we did some things out of the ordinary, such as the bouquet toss during the cocktail hour, and a general mix up of events. We also gave them our list of special songs later than we should have, and they came through with everything sounding wonderful! So many of our guests told us how great the band was, and I know they handed out several cards for future wedding events. My recommendation is to book them asap if you want to have a night of fun and dancing, as well as a stress free planning process, at least for the entertainment part of your wedding :)

Profile Picture Susan, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews