HJ Planners Reviews

102 Reviews for HJ Planners

3.2
      3.0
      2.5

I reached out to HJ Planners because I needed a day-of coordinator for my wedding. I was impressed at first with how helpful they were to get things coordinated leading up to the wedding, confirming with my vendors and making a timeline. I was assigned to work with Maria and she created a detailed timeline for my day. On the day of my wedding, most things were going to plan until we had some unexpected weather which caused us to make a lot of changes. During the time that those changes were made I was really disappointed with Maria's communication with me and my family. She had very bad timing with when she decided to come to me and tell me information (for example, literally seconds before I walked down the aisle she decided to tell me that our venue wasn't letting us use the tent because of the weather). I felt it was very unprofessional and it made me very upset. She was also not willing to communicate with my parents on my behalf and told them flat out that "I was her client, not them". I found this really hard to comprehend since my parents had paid for the planning service, and I don't know a single bride who wants to be asked a ton of questions on her wedding day. I know that Maria tried her best and worked very hard to make plan B work out, but her overall lack of communication was really disappointing. Also, at the end of the night my guests decided to use sparklers without me knowing (which were illegal on the property) and Maria totally lost her cool and grabbed them out of guests hands and was inappropriate. From my experience, HJ Planners would have been great if everything had went perfectly to plan, but as we all know that doesn't always happen with weddings. I appreciate the work they did but think there is definitely room for improvement when it comes to communication and timing.

Sent on 05/29/2013

HJ Planners's reply:

We greatly appreciate your feedback. It is only through the honesty of our clients that we can improve. Please know that we will look into the issues you mentioned and take any action necessary to better our services.

Ayanna · Married on 07/27/2013

2.4
      1.5
      1.5
      3.0

I gave HJ Planners a 3 because of all of their pre-wedding day help. They got me a great deal on our chairs, and were instrumental in dealing with vendors during the last few weeks before the wedding. I had to take MAJOR points off, however, for their execution (or lack thereof) on our actual wedding day. Every time I look at my photos, I'm reminded of how horrible things looked.

1) Because there was no planner there checking on things, I was the LAST one to get ready, meaning we missed a lot of the bridal shots that I wanted.

2) Heather's assistant spent close to an hour (according to what one of my bridal party overheard) trying to find the various dads and ushers, in order to give them their boutonnieres.
    3) The decor was HORRIBLE.
    a)The desultory rose petals looked nothing like the inspiration photos I showed them. It looked like a toddler had strewn them about.
    b) The chairs were not arranged correctly. The back row had only 3 chairs in it. It took away from the grandeur of the setting to have three random chairs hanging out in back.
    c) The aisles were not lined with floating candles the way I specified, and fewer than 15 (out of the 55 I provided) vases were used.
    d) The lighting was WAY too bright. What's the point of having candles if the lights are as bright as daytime.
    e) The water beads weren't used correctly. I spent hours coming up with the correct shade of pink for the water beads, only to have them barely used.
    f) Speaking of water beads, the ones near the ceremony area were actually PUT IN WATER. Wrong move.
    g) It was way too hot in the ceremony space.
    h) The rehearsal the night before was ridiculously short, and as a result, no one knew exactly where to stand during the actual ceremony, so two of our attendants are missing from most of the video
    i) Jess didn't pay the florist, and didn't tip the string quartet, despite me giving her the check and the cash WELL in advance.

Sent on 10/10/2013

HJ Planners's reply:

We were disheartened that this customer was not happy with our services and apologize for any perceived misunderstandings on the day of the event. Unfortunately, we were not involved in the actual designing of the event. Rather than addressing all of the points made, all we ask is that you consider all of our great reviews when making your decision. As you can see from them, we certainly pride ourselves on making sure each client receives an exceptional level of service for their event.

Heather S., President