Hit Play Reviews

14 | Boston, MA

14 Reviews for Hit Play

Karen conley · Married on 10/12/2019

Cannot imagine our day without Hit Play's spcial touches!

Hit Play was the icing on the cake of a truly special, highly personalized, and overall amazing wedding reception! Ryan worked closely with us leading up to our wedding day to ensure we could include some very special songs, including some odd requests for the kids in attendance! Non-traditionally, the groom picked the first dance song in secret in order to surprise me, the bride. Ryan was great in keeping this detail from me, creating a wonderful moment as we began our first dance as a married couple that I will never forget! He and the band were incredible from start to finish. From cocktail hour, to announcements, to maintaining the flow of the evening, and getting the party pumping on the dance floor, everything was excellent! They even played a couple extra songs at the end that, in retrospect, topped off the evening perfectly. This band is obviously very experienced in special events and knows how to do it right. We have even gone to see them at public venues since the wedding and loved them!

Sent on 05/18/2020

Hit Play's reply:

Thanks so much Karen!! Happy to be a part of it. Hopefully we'll see you guys in Newport sooner than later!

Valerie Junkins · Married on 09/29/2019

Hit Play is the best!!

We had Hit Play at our wedding 09/2019. They were amazing!! They played everything we wanted them to play, they have a wide range of music that they play. Anything from country to old school songs to pop from today. They kept our guests entertained the entire night! Everyone kept saying that we had the most fun wedding they had ever been to and I think it was mostly because of the band! One of my friends even booked them for her wedding after coming to ours. Very flexible and reasonable. 100% recommend!

Sent on 05/19/2020

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2019

I wish I could give 10 stars!

Ryan and his band absolutely blew all expectations I had out of the water. When it came to music and entertainment I didn’t have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day. Ryan was happy to help offer suggestions on intro songs when we couldn’t decide and it was exactly what we wanted. All of the guests danced the night away and had so much fun! I can’t wait to have an excuse to have another event so that we can have Hit Play come and perform again. Our day was absolutely perfect and a big part of that was due to Hit Play. Ryan and the band are excellent and absolutely made the night memorable. I would give them 10 stars if I could!

Sent on 05/24/2020

Emily · Married on 08/31/2019

Ryan and his band were awesome!!

Ryan and his band were awesome!! Ryan was esay to communicate with. Together we made a plan for the evening; he was willing to move around our venue to create just the right atmosphere. Ryan provided cocktail-hour music from the porch, dining music on the lawn, and of course dancing music under the tent. Ryan definitely knows how to keep the dance floor energy up. We had a blast dancing with our friends and family.

Sent on 05/31/2020

Melissa · Married on 07/20/2019

Hit Play is the absolute best!

Music is one of the hardest choices for a couple during the planning process and Hit Play was one of the best decisions for our wedding! Ryan was organized, helpful, and flexible leading up to the big day which made me feel at ease. The band was super accommodating as they traveled 2 hours during a heat wave (98 degrees and rising) without a complaint or worry whatsoever. At an extremely reasonable price, Ryan was available for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Ryan’s smooth like butter voice serenaded the crowd with the best playlist curated mostly by the band with some guidance from us during the planning process. Most importantly our guests loved what Hit Play had to offer and never left the dance floor. Hit Play helped us create beautiful memories to reminisce on forever.

Sent on 05/28/2020
  • Katelyn · Married on 06/07/2019

10/10! Fun! Interactive! Unique!

What makes a memorable wedding reception? Great live music! A band that is so unique and entertaining that you hire them for your OWN wedding!
    I saw Hit Play for the first time at a wedding I attended in 2017 and was so impressed that I ended up hiring them for my own wedding in June of 2019.
    Upon contacting Ryan, he was very down to earth and sincere enough to give me a long call at the start of my planning to get a full picture of what I envisioned for my big important day. He was extremely organized and followed a step by step process throughout the year leading up to my wedding. Hit Play’s song catalog was endless and full of unique styles and genres. They took all of my requests and helped me organize a time line of events.
    Ryan and the band where organized, punctual and remained professional throughout our big day.
    Hit play sounded fantastic! Full of energy and got everyone up dancing. Very interactive and fun! You could tell just how experienced musicians they are. We received numerous compliments from all guests. My husband and I danced the entire night and got to hear some of our unique special songs that will forever be a memory from our wedding day.

Sent on 05/24/2020
  • Kurt

Kurt Remlinger · Married on 02/04/2019

HIT PLAY had our guests dancing all night long!

Hit Play helped made our wedding AMAZING! They had everyone dancing until the reception ended with a great selection of songs from every decade. Ryan was also a great DJ during their short breaks and also resided as the MC for the event, introducing the wedding party, special dances, cake cutting and speeches. The band learned our requests in advance, to perfection, and even took requests from our guests! We filled out an easy form that helped give them the info they needed to announce and perform. My wife and I were allowed to have peace of mind because the entire band was so professional, there was never any issue or need to second-guess anything. They had it all covered and brought up things we forgot to cover. I can't recommend them enough. HIT PLAY KNOCKED IT OUTTA THE PARK!!

Gaby · Married on 09/08/2018

Just perfect!!!

It was so hard to decide on a band for our wedding and I am so glad we went with Hit Play! We are both busy professionals who planned our own wedding and they were so easy to work with! The day of the wedding, they were just absolutely fantastic!!! The vocals during dinner were on point! And when it came to dancing, they kept everyone on the dance floor until the very last minute! My friends are still asking me for their info. They are amazing!!! We were so lucky they were part of our big day!!!

Sent on 05/25/2020
  • Kailee

Kailee · Married on 06/09/2018

Hit Play made our wedding a night our guests won't forget!

We cannot say enough about Ryan and Hit Play! We hired them for our June wedding and they completely blew us away! They had the dance floor packed the entire night. The energy and excitement from the band was contagious and the music was exactly what people of all ages wanted to hear.  Ryan was professional, on top of things, and so easy to work with. You will not regret hiring them for your big day!

Sent on 05/27/2020

Christine Mccarthy · Married on 04/14/2018

Highly Recommend Hit Play!

We are so happy we chose Hit Play for our wedding! They were so fun and kept everyone up through the whole reception. I even had friends asking to go see them play after the wedding was over. Fabulous talent, fun, easy to work with and rave reviews from our guests. We literally couldn't have asked for more!

Emily Lynch · Married on 12/09/2017

Hit Play exceeded our expectations!

Hit Play killed it at our Winter Winery wedding. Ryan was super easy to work with and totally understood the vibe we were going for. He played a mixture of wedding classics, with some of our favorite, a little less traditional favorites (read: Pearl Jam) sprinkled in. Everyone loved the music and danced the night away. The female vocalist was great, too. Such a fun night!

Molly · Married on 09/30/2017

Hit Play knows how to throw a party!

Ryan and Hit Play were our wedding band, and they were fantastic! We had an unusual wedding venue on one of the Boston Harbor Islands with us being the first to get married there - Ryan was up for the challenge and flexible/confident that they could make it happen - and they sure did! We were dancing all night.

Sent on 05/18/2020

David · Married on 06/24/2017

2017 Wedding Hosted by Ryan

Ryan/ Hit Play put on an unbelievable show at our wedding! He really got the audience going, all while doing a solo acoustic act with amazing looping where it sounded he like he had a full band backing him at times. I have friends who still talk about an Eric Clapton- “Layla“ rendition he did in the set years later!

When DJ-ing, he played all the best tracks to set the mood and was a real MC who would crack jokes and interact with the crowd. Most of all, He directed the crowd When it was time for the ceremony, wedding dance, cake cutting, etc.

The icing on the cake was that he prepped 4 songs with my own band to weave in some smooth covers I was able to sing for my wife at my own wedding, thanks to Ryan!

I will never forget this night that Ryan made happen!

Sent on 05/17/2020

Hilary P · Married on 06/14/2014

This band is amazing!!!

This band was so easy to work with and accommodating! The talent level is out of this world, sure to leave guests on the dance floor all night long. Every chair at our wedding was empty, I mean every single guest was on that dance floor all night long!!When ever our wedding comes up in conversation, everyone is sure to mention the band first!!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2020

Hit Play's reply:

Thank you so much Hilary that is great to hear! Your wedding was an extra blast in particular because one of the highlights of the night was when you shared YOUR musical talents with the guests! Wasn't your wedding in July of 2018 though? haha