Historic Jordan Springs Reviews

Historic Jordan Springs 6
Historic Jordan Springs 7
  • User6206361 · 2+ years ago

3.0

Historic Jordan Springs was a wonderful host for my March wedding. Being on a budget and not creative in the least Colt was full of ideas. Historic Jordan Springs provides nearly every service in-house, and we were happy to take advantage of several of them. I did meet some resistance (which I had been warned about by others) when we wanted to bring in alternate vendors, and we had to add in an extra in-house service to provide items for our own Hot Chocolate & Chi Tea station.

The one thing I was most frustrated about was the DJ. Being on a tight budget I didn't want to provide finances for a DJ. The contract was worded as though regardless of having a DJ or not, a Master of Ceremonies would help run our wedding and reception events. This is not so: you had to use their suggested DJ in order to have a Master of Ceremonies run your event. That being said, after looking into other DJ services the one used by Historic Jordan Springs was the most affordable option, and I was so very happy with how smoothly my entire wedding went with both a DJ and Master of Ceremonies.

Despite the frustrations, I couldn't be happier with my wedding. Colt ensured our rehearsal ran like clock work, and the day of was so smooth. He and his staff provided all the set up of our decorations and took them all down, they even fixed a typo on one of the banners I got from Hobby Lobby! All his staff were kind to us and our guests. When I became frustrated during our rehearsal regarding dismissal of our guests for communion, Colt stepped in with a solution and our communion service was flawless. He ensured we hand plenty of time to eat at our reception, even fixed our plates for us. I am perfectly content with our wedding at Historic Jordan Springs.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Historic Jordan Springs's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your Big Day! We certainly understand that an event as special as your wedding is all about making the dollar meet the vision. With the DJ, he acts as the Master of Ceremonies, so it is necessary to book that service in order to have him there. We strive to provide all of our clients with the best value possible, and we thank you for allowing us to share in your celebration!

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2017

3.2
      1.0
      3.0

When I first met with Colt he asked my budget and I told him 10K, I had no idea he meant venue budget only and not my entire wedding budget, which 10K was my entire wedding budget. So when he said the budget was totally doable I paid my non refundable 2000 deposit. Then, he tells me they will match the cloth napkins to my wedding colors free of charge, when I told him if like khaki napkins to match the mens suits he tells me its the only color they can't do for free. So I decided to pay for them, this was before I' realized my budget was blown out. I already had a florist, photographer, band, and pies (I hate cake). Then we talked food, 30/plate for pork chops and mashed potatoes. Being in the restaurant business for 15 years this threw me way off. So I questioned it and he informed me that it was so high to accomodate the kitchen/wait staff, makes perfect sense. Then, I notice another 2000 tacked on the my invoice... "Servicing fee"... Wait a minute? Thought the service was paid for in the cost of the food... Also, I was required to leave a tip (20%) I was so broke by the end of it I tipped him with my honey moon money (500). So I just paid 3 times for service. Not to mention, the food was TERRIBLE!!! All of my guests said it was awful and they didnt tell me until way later bc they felt bad. Also, I kinda wanted a dry wedding my family and friends are big drinkers and I knew I couldnt afford to pay for drinks and my husbands family is Christian non drinkers, they paid most of the co. Colt would not let me have a dry wedding, which I get, theyre not going to miss out on the opportunity to make money. On my wedding day the bartender (which I had to pay umpteen "servicing fees" for) could not handle it. So colt, who was supposed to be coordinating everything else then had to be bartender. Did I mention my husbands super tradition Christian family, bc Colt's outfit at my rehearsal dinner was extremely inappropriate, white linn pants that were too small, u could see eve

Sent on 05/01/2018