Historic Jordan Springs Reviews

Historic Jordan Springs 7
  • Renee

Renee · Getting married on 04/04/2020

It's been wonderful

We've just started planning and they have been absolutely wonderful so far. The place is gorgeous and I can't wait to see how beautiful our wedding turns out

Sent on 05/16/2019

Brooke · Married on 05/11/2019

Above and Beyond

Colt is absolutely amazing, as well as the rest of the Jordan Springs team. We chose to use several of their services and were pleased with every one of them. I always heard things go wrong on your wedding day, but if they did, I had no clue. Colt made sure my day went perfect. I would absolutely recommend Jordan Springs and their team.

Sent on 05/13/2019
    Historic Jordan Springs 8
    Historic Jordan Springs 9
  • Taylor

Taylor Poling · Married on 04/27/2019

The Gem that is Historic Jordan Springs

I could write a novel on how amazing Historic Jordan Springs was for my wedding venue. But to keep it short and to the point, Colt is the shining gem that makes HJS as fantastic as it is. Yes, the facility is beautiful, but without Colt, there could have been a hundred little things that went wrong on the big day. He takes in to account every little detail and has a plan in place on how to handle each one. He made sure that my husband and I were the first people to be served food and made sure we had the time to eat (a lot of people said we would forget to eat at the reception because it would be too busy, so this made me very happy). That is just one tiny example of how he prioritizes his events. One of the most important things to me for my wedding was to make sure my family was able to sit back and enjoy the day, and Colt made that possible. As for the venue and their offered services, we used the facilities recommended DJ and paid for the ceremony music package. I highly recommend both. The DJ was lively (without being over the top), easily took requests, and made no mistakes on our song selections. And the ceremony music was timed out perfectly for my entrance and the precessional. Overall, HJS gets a 10/10 in my books.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Alesia · Married on 04/20/2019

Check this place out for a vintage theme!

Sent on 03/06/2018
  • BRE

BRE · Married on 04/13/2019

Real life fairy tale

If you are looking for a venue to provide you with the best day ever, look no further. I can't even put into words how perfect my wedding day was. Colt is absolutely phenomenal and I couldn't have asked for a better coordinator. The planning process was simple and stress free. I just sent Colt my inspiration photos and he matched them spot on. The food was delicious and the cake was heavenly. I literally wish I could go back and do it all over again! Everyone said it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. The DJ was also on point. I cannot exaggerate how amazing HJS truly is. This place has a special place in my heart forever and I can't wait to go back!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Molly · Married on 05/12/2018

last Saturday exceeded even my wildest expectations. You and your team are miracle workers, and the venue was so gorgeous it made me cry. You promised it all along, but you took our dream and made it a reality - while classing it up considerably! Louie and I agree, you were always such a supportive and calming presence. You always went above and beyond to accommodate our needs, including those 2 am emails and late night phone calls. You acted as a wedding planner on top of all of your other obligations as a host, and Louie and I couldn't be more greatful. Also, the design of the cookie table was next level. Ya'll are true visionaries.

I will continue singing your praises to the public. Already, two of our newlywed guests were so impressed, they will be following up with you for a tour. Thank you for working with me and my family to make the final event something we will all proudly remember forever. It was perfect.

My very best to you and yours!
    Molly

Sent on 05/23/2018
    Historic Jordan Springs 10
    Historic Jordan Springs 11
    Historic Jordan Springs 12
    Historic Jordan Springs 13
    Historic Jordan Springs 14

Alyssa · Married on 11/25/2017

Jordan Springs was the first and only wedding venue we looked at during our search, because as soon as we saw the beauty and history this place captured we KNEW we were getting married here. Once we took a tour and secured our date we got to start planning with Colt. This guy is hands down THE BEST. He was very attentive and quick to reply to all of my emails and answer all of my questions. He also sent me reminders throughout the year of what aspects of planning we should have done by certain times and it really helped keep us on track with where we should be in the process. Although we did run into an unexpected financial situation at the end of our payments, Colt and his team were very understanding with us and allowed us to be flexible with our payment schedule. We opted to use all of the vendors that Jordan Springs provides except for flowers (they didn’t have sunflowers like we wanted) and photography (we had someone in mind already) and it made everything so much less stressful for us. They took care of getting all of the other vendors set up for us, all we had to do was pay, and let me tell you we were NOT disappointed! The DJ was amazing, the officiant was perfect, and the cake was everything we wanted and more! On the day of the wedding Colt and his team made sure everything went smoothly and it was honestly stress free the entire night. We didn’t bring many decorations as the venue speaks for itself and our guests were complimenting us all night about how gorgeous everything was. I would recommend Historic Jordan Springs to every single person I know, we’re so so happy with how our wedding turned out. Thanks to Colt and the rest of the Jordan Springs team!

Sent on 11/29/2017
    Historic Jordan Springs 15
    Historic Jordan Springs 16
    Historic Jordan Springs 17
    Historic Jordan Springs 18
    Historic Jordan Springs 19

barbara · Married on 11/18/2017

This place is amazing. Colt makes sure the wedding goes perfect. He makes sure everything is perfect down to the best position for pictures. Everyone at the wedding said how beautiful it was. This is diffentley a 5 star for everything. The Wedding was perfect...As a parent you can sit back and enjoy yourself. Colt takes care of EVERYTHING..

Sent on 11/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

When my husband and I went to tour Jordan Springs for the first time, we were instantly drawn to its historic beauty and charm. From our first tour around the grounds and building, we were amazed at how many unique spaces the venue contained and how many of our needs it was able to accommodate. Colt did a fantastic job giving us all the information we needed up front. He was so thorough in his explanations and knowledge of the wedding planning process that we struggled to think of topics he hadn’t covered. We toured many venues but no other option offered the degree of customization, a world class wedding coordinator like Colt, and an unparalleled value. From the time we made the decision to get married at Historic Jordan Springs, the wedding process became simpler. Colt was easy to communicate with and always prompt with his responses. His emails were always very direct and insightful. Every detail we envisioned, Colt was able to make a reality including a beautiful custom made chuppah crafted out of branches and flowers. We held our rehearsal and dinner at Jordan Springs. Colt was on top of everything! He helped with the choreography for the ceremony and provided lots of helpful tips and advice for how to get the best pictures. Everything ran smoothly on our wedding day - Colt was there to oversee every last detail for us. We didn’t have to worry about anything which took so much stress away from us. Colt even went so far as to help my elderly relatives who were in wheelchairs get comfortably into the Carriage House for the ceremony. Our guests loved the food - we got compliments for days after the wedding! Jordan Springs was very flexible and accommodating with the food choices and menu which allowed us to design to a menu to please all our guests. We used the in-house DJ, photographer, and videographer and were pleased with all of their services. Overall, we cannot say enough great things about Jordan Springs and Colt!

Sent on 11/17/2017
    Historic Jordan Springs 20
    Historic Jordan Springs 21

Holly · Married on 10/01/2017

From start to finish, Colt and the Jordan Springs staff made our fall wedding perfect! There is not one complaint we have.

When you first reach out to Colt, he schedules a meet and greet with you, which includes a tour of the beautiful grounds and historical building as well as a break down of what they offer all written out clearly in a binder for your convenience. You are only required to use their catering and alcohol, due to VA law but everything else is up to you. Dj, photographer, cake, lighting, floral, etc.

After said meet and greet, the countless emails between Colt and yourself begin! Colt always made me feel a priority regardless of how incredibly busy I know he must be. He was timely and informative with every email to me. He was always sure to send me bill receipts, seeing as you're able to pay as much as you want before the final total is due 30 days before your wedding date.

On the day of the wedding my bride tribe and I utilized the makeup and hair salon right beside Jordan Springs and couldn't have been happier. You have two hrs before your ceremony to get ready and I was prepared to decorate as well, but the Jordan Springs staff were already on it, working endlessly to get everything how I had written down for them. (We brought our own decorations, centerpieces, Arch decor, etc) I can't express how much that relieved my stress, because as they say, your wedding day goes by SO FAST and there's literally no time to sweat the small stuff.

In conclusion, Colt and the staff at Jordan Springs were a pleasure to work with and they even honored us by dancing, signing our guestbook, and inviting us to come back and visit. We noticed every bit of your hardwork and dedication to our big day so thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone at Jordan Springs! You made our wedding day a beautiful memory forever.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Christina · Married on 09/23/2017

Colt and his crew were just absolutely wonderful.  From the ceremony in the carriage house  (which was our Plan B because of inclement weather) to the reception in the main dining hall, everything was decorated beautifully to what we wanted. Colt kept everything happening that day on time and running so smoothly which helped us stay relaxed and stressfree.  From keeping the bride's nerves calm with her favorite cocktail to running to the rescue on pinning the boutineers on the groom and groomsmen, Colt was right there to the rescue. We could not have asked for a more perfect place to have had our wedding at. The price was right and plus having everything done there (cake, catering, dj, bar, photography,  videography, etc) made the whole process even more stressfree. AND plus the professionalism of Colt and his staff was just over the top excellent! If we had to rate them from 1-10, would give the a 20!! Everyone there made our wedding day a true dream come true. And I would recommend Historic Jordan Springs to anyone that is getting married in the future and looking for venue to hold their BIG day at! ??
    Also, for the bride's-to-be, the building right next to Historic Jordan Springs manor, The Special Events Salon, is a wonderful and very convenient place to have you hair and/or makeup done and a massage if you'd like for the day of your wedding. Ms. Anna Marie (Makeup artist) and Ms. Demetria (hair stylist) were just such a breathe of fresh air and so much fun to have do mine, my bridesmaids and my mama hair and makeup the morning of our wedding. And once you're don't with hair and makeup, all you have to do is walk right next door to Jordan Springs.  Peace of mind is always a great thing, especially on an important day like that. ??

Sent on 04/26/2017

Allyson · Married on 09/23/2017

Colt and the entire Historic Jordan Springs team made our wedding absolutely perfect! From our first meeting Colt was friendly and professional. He responded timely to all my emails (and there were a lot!) and provided much appreciated guidance throughout the planning process. Jordan Springs is able to provide an all inclusive package (photography, food, cake, flowers, etc.), but you are only required to use their food and alcohol. We decided to book all our vendors through Jordan Springs and we could not have been happier! Because we used Jordan Springs’ vendors, Colt coordinated everything. That definitely made the whole planning process much easier. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch. We got to enjoy our day and soak in the moment without having to worry about where vendors were or if everything was set up. We received so many compliments from our guests on the venue and the food. My bridesmaids were so impressed with how smoothly the whole day went and how we were able to just relax while getting ready together. We cannot thank Colt and his team enough for all their hard work! Truly an amazing team and venue!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Nataliya · Married on 09/03/2017

I can't say enough amazing things about Colt and the HJS staff. From the beginning, Colt was willing to work with us and make the wedding exactly as we wanted it and within a reasonable price range. Our guests raved to us about the food, the booze and the DJ which was included in what we paid and for really great prices. The salon is amazing and they did my hair and makeup perfectly. A lot of guests told me that was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. Colt or one of his staff was also always there to put a glass of champagne in my hand any time I looked frazzled and helped me to stay calm. Colt truly went above and beyond to make that day extra special. All of our guests loved the venue and the grounds. Truly an amazing venue. If I had to do it all over , I would book HJS again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/19/2017

Historic Jordan Springs was the perfect choice for us! Colt was there to help us every step of the way, with whatever we needed! We would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Kelcie · Married on 07/31/2017

This is the message I emailed the director after our event, in just going to copy and paste since it’s too much to re type!

Hello Colt!

Now that it seems I finally have time I just wanted to take a moment to thank you and your staff. I just want to start by saying everything at the ceremony and reception was absolutely fantastic. Even though my vision did not go as planned thanks to the lovely rain, the rain plan was absolutely just as good. I received multiple compliments from the guests and those not even at the wedding who only saw pictures, on how beautiful the ceremony pictures looked. Then, it was top notch service that you went above and beyond to not only find a drink that Kyle enjoyed, because that can be challenging, but to deliver them to us personally while we were finishing up pictures. Also, again it was spectacular service that we didn’t even have to get up to prepare our dinner plates, thank you so much for serving us our meals personally! Speaking of food, the food was delicious ! All the guests could not stop complimenting the tastiness of all the food options. The grilled cheese with tomato soup shooters were a big hit. All of your staff were very polite and attentive and I really can’t thank you guys enough. Also we thought it was super fun that you and your staff joined in on the wobble ! It was so much fun and again all the guests thought that was really neat! Thank you for helping me stay semi sane and helping keep everything on time and organized. I couldn’t have pictured the wedding to have gone any smoother or any better than what I had invisioned. Also our wedding cake was delicious, Most definitely one of our favorite parts! Even the music was on point and guests were really enjoying it. Thank you again so much for the most perfect night, we wish we could re live it again ! I’ve already sent a few brides your way!
    Thanks again, Kelcie Taylor

Historic Jordan Springs 27
    Historic Jordan Springs 28
    Historic Jordan Springs 29

Shavonne · Married on 07/15/2017

Our wedding was 7/15/17. Colt and his staff were AMAZING. On the wedding day, Colt greeted us with smiling faces. He made sure that everything went according to plan. He pays attention to the little details to make sure that your wedding day is everything you want it to be and more. He helped with the planning process, offering great suggestions. Him and the staff at Jordan Springs will not disappoint. Best day ever.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/07/2017

Thank you Colt for everything! You made the planning process very easy! You and the staff made our big day very special with the flow of events and adding in specials here and there as surprises to us! Colt and his team are great people to work with and open to new ideas and highly responsive to emails with questions. They helped guide me through every step of the process and were as hands on or hands off as I needed them to be! Great great experience!!!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2017

I had my wedding on 6-17-17 at Historic Jordan Springs, and I honestly can not say enough how AMAZING the Jordan Springs crew made my day! It was beyond perfect, and a 5/5 truly isn't enough stars to describe the service that was provided. EVERYONE was TOP NOTCH!! Every single part of my wedding was more than picture perfect. Looking back, Giving a 5/5 just doesn't feel like it's adequate for the quality of service that we received. The venue was more than beautiful, the staff were so incredibly helpful, happy, and genuine. They cared about our big day, and they absolutely made it the most beautiful time of my life.
    All of our guests (family and friends) had the BEST time!! One major point I'd like to make is that Colt and his staff members go way above and beyond to make sure everyone is having a great time. Last year, my Aunt went into surgery (a minor surgery), then came out to find out that she needed more extensive surgery. Unfortunately, she is now in a wheelchair. I am telling you this, because SHE HAD THE TIME OF HER LIFE AT MY WEDDING!! Colt and the Jordan Springs Staff came out on the dance floor and danced to the "dancing songs" with us all. My aunt (who is in a wheelchair), was "dancing" right next to Colt. I know it may not have seemed like a huge deal to Colt and the Jordan Springs Staff ( after all, they were just being themselves, and showing us a good time!), but that meant more to my Aunt than I could ever put into words. That is just one example of how incredible Jordan Springs Staff is!!
    I personally emailed Colt a few weeks after the wedding to thank him and his crew for everything. Below is the email I sent Colt:
    Hi Colt!!
    I hope all is well!! I just wanted to send you and message and sincerely thank you and your staff members. You guys TRULY made my big day perfection! I could NOT have asked for anything more!! You guys absolutely are one of a kind, and I am so thankful that we found Historic Jordan Springs for our venue!

Sent on 07/13/2017
  • Cheyenne

Cheyenne · Married on 06/04/2017

Amazing Place to get Married!

We got married here June 30th 2018. I was wonderful. The staff are so helpful and amazing. Colt really was awesome on the day of! The food was great and we got so many compliments on it!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Bethany · Married on 05/26/2017

Our wedding was 5/26/17 and couldn't have been more perfect! Colt and his staff were very accommodating and our big day ran so smoothly!!
    So many of our guests said afterwards that it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to. I just can't thank HJS enough for making it so special.
    Our food was amazing, the cocktails and h'oerderves were delishes (they even brought a tray right to the wedding party while we were getting pictures taken to ensure we snagged some) and the venue looked stunning.
    I would recommend them to anyone looking to get married!!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Erica · Married on 05/06/2017

My groom, our families, our guests, and I all loved Historic Jordan Springs and its wonderful staff! The venue itself is beautiful and unique. We were lucky to choose this venue who plans for everything. Planned for an outdoor wedding but it rains the day of? No problem, they'd already have the Plan B indoor area ready. Colt was amazing right from the beginning, and he was definitely very knowledgeable. We had a very multi-cultural wedding (Filipino and Korean) and he and the staff accommodated us flawlessly. We even brought in some extra Korean and Filipino food in addition to food we had catered through HJS and they were able to incorporate it as if it all the food came from one location. The decorations were beautifully done, the wedding cake was DELICIOUS! We had guests (including my own dad) saying they had multiple pieces of cake just because it was so good. We just got our photos and are so happy with them! Haven't seen the video yet but we're excited to see what was captured! Both the photographers and videographer were so nice and easy to work with. The DJ did a wonderful job with music and even linking the music with the lights!! The staff was so polite. Colt did an amazing, fantastic job on keeping us on track, telling us little tips and tricks on how to do something so it looks flawless, and just made the whole day easy to plan and get through. Like I said, he's very knowledgeable!!
    I just can't stop raving about HJS!! I haven't heard a single guest say a bad thing about it either! My husband and I are so happy with how everything turned out and would definitely pick HJS if we had to do it all over again.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Jessie · Married on 11/13/2016

We absolutely made the right choice in choosing HJS for our ceremony and reception venue! Colt was excellent to work with throughout the whole planning process. He was very quick to respond to my never ending questions, thorough with all of the details, and had great suggestions for us.

The staff on the day of the wedding was outstanding. Everything was set up perfectly with great attention to detail. It was such a relaxing day because of the team they have put together at HJS. I did not have to worry about a thing on the day. One of the staff even helped lift my dress down the stairs before the ceremony ;) Colt helped the whole day run smoothly and made sure we were on time for every part of the ceremony and reception. The quality of service we received way exceeded the expectations I had for our wedding day. I really cannot say enough positive things about this venue, Colt, and his staff.

The food was excellent! I missed the deadline for the tasting so I was a little nervous, but it was fantastic. All of my guests were very pleased with their meals and many went back to the buffet for seconds.

This venue was just what I was looking for on my wedding day. It is such a gorgeous location and has so many charming qualities in the grand ballroom, the arbor, the pub, the groom's room, and bridal suite that make it the most unique venue we (and our guests) have seen.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Alicia · Married on 11/12/2016

To put it simply, Historic Jordan Springs was amazing. Colt was effective, responsive, polite, funny and an overall wonderful person to work with! Our wedding day went by without a hitch and was the smoothest wedding I've ever been to. I highly recommend the venue, as well as all of the optional services (i.e., cake, DJ, lighting, and photography). Speaking of photography, Alta Mira, was amazing! Our wedding photos are fantastic and the best part was, I submitted some samples of work that I liked to Colt, he communicated with the photographer, and they took all of the shots I wanted without me having to ask! As a bride, all I had to do was show up and get married. The easiest thing! I could go on and on about how much I loved my day, so I'll just let the 5 stars across the board speak for itself!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kirsten · Married on 09/04/2016

If you want a venue with little stress and an amazing coordinator, this is it! We met with Colt twice and did everything else over email. He was always quick to respond and clarify anything for us. Anything we weren't sure of how to get or how we were supposed to go about, he had it covered. We even brought in some of our own decorations and when we got to the venue they were already set up and looked absolutely perfect. He took charge of the rehearsal, and the day of we literally just did whatever he said. He made sure what we said was important to us was taken care of, he made sure we were fed, and he made sure our drinks of choice were always in our hands. He even fanned me off while I was waiting in my dress and helped me carry the train of my dress down to the ceremony location. He also had the best and most fun staff we could have hoped for: the servers, bartenders, DJ, photographer, caterers and officiant were all amazing. I'm so thankful that we found him!

Sent on 09/15/2016