Historic Hotel Bethlehem Reviews

Historic Hotel Bethlehem 5
Historic Hotel Bethlehem 6
Historic Hotel Bethlehem 7

Reve · Married on 08/31/2019

A Bethlehem Dream Wedding Come True!

I am a Bethlehem native and always wanted my wedding at Hotel Bethlehem. This past weekend, my dreams came true! Our reception was truly PERFECT - all thanks to Kathy S., her team, and all the employees at the Hotel. They exceeded our expectations! Kathy always kept me at ease throughout the planning process and was incredibly helpful! Our guests absolutely loved the charm of the venue and the hospitality they received when they stayed over. The food was excellent - our guests raved about how delicious the food was and the wide variety of drink selections. Thank you for making my dreams into an amazing reception. I HIGHLY recommend the Hotel Bethlehem for any event - you will be so happy!!! I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Mariel

Mariel Faith Lecompte · Married on 07/29/2019

Wedding ceremony and reception

Great staff and beautiful hotel!!

Sent on 08/01/2019
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 8
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 9
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Youndt · Married on 07/27/2019

Gorgeous hotel for a wedding!

We had our wedding at the Hotel Bethlehem and we couldn’t have been happier. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous! It’s a historic hotel but doesn’t feel dated at all. Instead it feels classic. Before the wedding we worked with Kathy Sanders to coordinate our wedding. We met with her multiple times and was very knowledgeable! She thought of everything! One of the best things about this venue is that everything is included in a base price. If you want to supplement with extras you can but it’s not necessary. We got the bridal suite for 2 nights included in the base cost. It was a huge bridal suite that felt very romantic! My bridal party and I got ready in the bridal suite and were helped throughout the day by the staff. They let us know when the ceremony was starting and where to go. Our cocktail hour was in the lobby and they had a garden display, cheese spread, and circulating ordorvies. We had our wedding and reception in the Mural Ballroom. We barely had to decorate because the hotel had so many of its own decorations. It has beautiful high ceilings, columns, up lighting, and murals on the walls. That room fit our 100 guests with room for a dance floor. It also included 2 bars, a gift table, and a cake table. The staff was wonderful and more than helpful! I wish I could have my wedding here all over again!

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/15/2019

Above and beyond

No need to look anywhere else for a wedding venue...Hotel Bethlehem is the most magical place to have a wedding and they are experts at making your day absolutely wonderful. I worked with their wedding coordinator, Kelsey, and from the beginning she made everything super easy and transparent for us. She was able to work within my budget while also including add-ons and small touches to make the day special and unique. When it came to the wedding weekend, all of the staff are so wonderful and accommodating and they know how to keep a very anxious bride calm. You can tell they are experts at the whole wedding process. The food is superb and all of my guests are still raving about how wonderful and timeless the whole event was. When you walk in to the hotel it’s like stepping back in time to the 1920s, which just adds to the overall glamour of your big day. Thank you Hotel Bethlehem for making my wedding dreams come true!!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Cemelli · Married on 06/09/2019

Best Wedding

We had our wedding at Hotel Bethlehem on June 9th 2019. It was absolutely everything we dreamed of and more. Kelsey, our wedding coordinator, was absolutely wonderful from the beginning. She paid attention to every detail and helped to create our vision of our wedding day. Everything went so smoothly the day of. The accommodations were fantastic. We did a first look walking down the marble stair case into the lobby. We had our reception in the Grande Ballroom and it was beautiful. The tables looked wonderful. We had a band and danced all night. The food was awesome and kept coming! Our guests did not leave hungry. The hotel is a gorgeous and historic which is something we loved about it and it is restored beautifully. We had so much fun at our wedding and would not have changed a thing.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Nicole · Married on 12/15/2018

Best day ever

Hotel Bethlehem was so beautiful for our November 30 wedding. It was fully decorated for Christmas and was like a dream!
    Kathy Sanders is absolutely amazing! Kathy is one of the wedding coordinators and she is so organized and kind. I actually miss being in contact with her throughout the process. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Ashley · Married on 11/10/2018

Everything We Dreamed Of

Kathy was wonderful and so helpful from booking to picking everything up the next day. She made the entire planning stress free and was always quick to respond to any questions I had. My guests can't stop talking about how beautiful the reception was and how delicious the food tasted!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Casey · Married on 07/14/2018

We were married on July 14, 2018 and held our reception in the Grand Ballroom at the Hotel Bethlehem. We both knew from the beginning we wanted to have our reception at the Hotel, and they did not disappoint in the slightest!

Kathy Sanders was our wedding coordinator and she was very responsive to all our questions. She made sure that anything we wanted, happened. Kathy was extremely organized, and all the staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant. Our guests raved about the service and the class of the staff and the facilities.

All of the other reviews talk about the excellent food, service, and style of the Hotel and I completely agree with them. However, I want to include something about how above and beyond the Hotel staff is. In a story I’m sure is near legend now for Kathy and the staff, our tasting was scheduled and cancelled three times for bad winter weather. Then, on the fourth try, I got really sick and needed emergency surgery. As I was recovering, in the hospital, I received a beautiful flower arrangement-from Kathy and the Hotel staff, wishing me a speedy recovery. I had absolutely no doubts that we had made the right choice in going with Hotel B for our wedding prior to this, but after that display of kindness and class there is nowhere else I would ever think of having an event at in the future.

And luckily, the fifth time tasting was the charm-and of course the food was amazing!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Lené · Married on 03/31/2018

Kathy Sanders helped us planned everything, and while she was not our wedding day Maitre'd, she was definitely there to help out on the day of. Hotel Bethlehem spared nothing for us, worked with our budget, and our simple wedding was nothing but amazing. The food was great, the service was great, but more importantly, they made us feel secure in the run up, and on the day of. Our wedding was very unexpectedly rowdy, and they handled it with seeming ease. In retrospect, I was a bit worried that it had been a bit too much for Historic Bethlehem, but I had heard from almost everyone that attended that it was one of the best catered, most enjoyable wedding and receptions they had ever been to. It was honestly so much fun, and they pulled out all the stops to make us feel like our wedding was a true celebration.

Sent on 09/05/2018
  • Mary-Katherine

Mary-Katherine Montufar · Married on 01/06/2018

best day of my life

Excellent staff, wedding day planner, and food.

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 10
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 11
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 12
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 13
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 14
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 15

Julia · Married on 12/28/2017

We held our intimate wedding in the Lehigh Room of the Hotel Bethlehem, and I can't think of a better place to have had our 12-person wedding. The Lehigh Room is on the second floor with gorgeous half-circle windows and plenty of space for our ceremony on one side of the room and dinner on the other. Due to the size of our group, we were able to order directly from 1741 on the Terrace, the hotel's upscale restaurant. The Hotel Bethlehem is so beautiful at Christmas, so we could not have chosen a better time of year.

Our coordinator, Kelsey Lynn, was extremely helpful and friendly, making suggestions about how to set up the room and decorate our table using candles from the downstairs restaurant(s). Throughout the whole process, I felt like our vision of a relaxed but formal semi-elopement was completely understood. I know the Hotel Bethlehem does much larger weddings on a normal basis, but we were made to feel like our small-scale wedding was very important to them. Best of all, most of our family stayed over at least one night at the hotel, making it feel like a vacation even though my husband and I only live a few minutes away.

Sent on 03/03/2018
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 16
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 17
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 18
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 19
    Historic Hotel Bethlehem 20

Nicole Santaniello · Married on 11/24/2017

Incredible fairytale wedding!

I got married at Historic Hotel Bethlehem on Black Friday 2017. It has taken me over a year to write this review because I do not want to face the fact that my wedding is over! LOL MY family and I stood at the hotel from Thanksgiving until Sunday. From the moment we arrived, everyone at the Hotel was more than accommodating and kind. They let me drop off all of my wedding stuff the week prior so I did not have to worry about anything. I left there speechless and crying because I could not believe such a place still exists. Everyone goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and important. We had about 40 people for Thanksgiving and they gave us a private room, private buffet, and even decorated the table with Thanksgiving centerpieces for us! As for my wedding, it was everything I could have ever dreamed of and more! It was a Christmas fairytale come true. Kelsey Lynn (our wedding coordinator), Brandon (our bartender) and everyone else on staff made us feel like family. I truly feel I have gained friends for life. No detail went unnoticed, no question went unanswered. They made sure my day was PERFECT, and it was. Joanne, the owner of the hotel, is one of the kindest people I have ever met. Establishments and staff like this are such a rarity these days. If you are looking to have your wedding here, you will not be disappointed. If you have a love of Christmas like I do, then getting married here around Christmas will be nothing short of a fairytale. To the Historic Hotel Bethlehem staff, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. My husband and I are looking forward to spending our one year anniversary at the Hotel in November 2018.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Tobi · Married on 10/27/2017

I can't say enough about this venue!! I refused to look any further because this place is just perfect. They make sure your day goes as planned without a worry. My coordinator was Kathy and she was perfect. Of course I had some worries about little things being done a certain way, but Kathy made sure of everything going as planned. I can't thank her enough and the hotel staff for making my wedding a dream! All of the guests said it was the most perfect wedding they have ever been to! Extremely accommodating hotel and venue. Why look further when almost everything is included (caterer, planner, linens & tables, food, alcohol, beautiful setting, etc.). Thank you Hotel Bethlehem!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Kayla · Married on 07/29/2017

Hotel Bethlehem was a truly the perfect venue to host our wedding. Planning was very easy. Our original coordinator left and we worked with Kelsey Lynn, which was a wonderful experience. She is extremely organized and very quick to respond to any questions you will have. They provide you with nicely printed plans to review what you picked out for the wedding so you have a chance to review everything in its entirety leading up to the big day. The entire system is very organized and no detail goes overlooked. Additionally, they were very accommodating with the hotel block and providing room totals to help coordinate welcome bags. We checked in on Friday, the day before the wedding. We had quite a few out of town guests, who congregated at the Tap Room downstairs in the Hotel Lobby for drinks. They were extremely accommodating for such a large group. The Bridal Suite was perfect, the rooms are extremely well decorated, clean and authentic to the style of the hotel. The hotel was nice enough to shuttle me across the street to the church because we were not sure if the weather would hold out. The cocktail hour was perfect, everything in the Grand Ballroom was perfectly set and ready to go because everyone could see the Ballroom from the cocktail hour balcony. We received wonderful service in the hospitality suite before we went out to cocktail hour, which allowed us to try all the foods and drinks before we got talking to everyone. The staff did an excellent job of ushering guests down to the ballroom and providing high end service during dinner. Everyone was super impressed with the level of organization. The dinner and cocktail hour food was impeccably prepared. They also did pour service for wine during dinner which everybody loved. Penn State Ice Cream bar was a major hit and so were the late-night snacks brought out around 10. Everyone had a wonderful time and everything ran so smoothly. I would truly recommend using Hotel B for your wedding. Kayla & Jerry

Sent on 08/14/2017

Alessandra · Married on 06/10/2017

We had always dreamed of having our wedding at Hotel Bethlehem and boy was it everything we dreamed of! Kathy was incredible from day 1- she helped us organize everything and made everything go off without a hitch! The maitre d was constantly attending to my needs during the reception and ensured that everything continued to be incredible. When we got back to the room at the end of the night it was absolutely beautifully decorated and even had the cake topper flowers and some cake and champagne! Anyway- Kathy was sure our vision was made reality and it was so much more than we could have ever asked for. WE LOVE HOTEL BETHLEHEM!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Courtney · Married on 04/08/2017

We held our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at Hotel Bethlehem The staff at Hotel Bethlehem was very welcoming and kind to all our guests. From the moment that we checked in for our rehearsal until check out two days later, the staff was there to help with any of our needs. We had the unique opportunity of using both of the ballrooms and the balcony space above the Grand Ballroom. All of our guests loved the atmosphere as it was beautiful, yet unique. We love this venue and plan to return to it in the future for each of our anniversaries as well as to stay the night for local festivities.

Sent on 04/22/2017

RACHEL · Married on 03/11/2017

Booking the Hotel was one of the best decisions of the wedding. Kathy was incredibly helpful throughout the process through emails, personal meetings and the tasting. She made us confident that they would ensure everything was the way we wanted it. I would recommend any couple who books the hotel to view the ballroom with the tables how they will be set up when attempting the seating chart for better visualization. Our Maitre D'Hotel was fabulous. She took care of every detail the day of, managed the set up of all the decorations we had dropped off, and handled any incoming issues before they became problems and the guests were totally unaware. The private cocktail hour for the bridal party was such a blessing after the ceremony and pictures it was so nice to have a chance to relax. The food is incredible and several of our guests commented on how delicious everything was. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and my husband and I are incredibly grateful. The complimentary bridal suite for the night of the wedding was so great we booked another night! I would recommend the Hotel Bethlehem to anyone, it is truly a beautiful venue.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Michael · Married on 03/09/2017

Every single thing about the historic Hotel Bethlehem was absolutely perfect for my wife and I for our wedding. Kelsey was amazing as our wedding coordinator, the food was outstanding, the Mural ballroom was gorgeous! Everything went perfectly and it would’ve been impossible to make our day any better. We’re already trying to come up with reasons to stay the night at the hotel just to be able to enjoy being there again! So many people told us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to, and the venue was a HUGE part of that! Thank you Hotel Bethlehem for a truly perfect night!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Donna · Married on 11/25/2016

Perfect place for a winter/holiday themed wedding. Thank you Terry Marrow for making our day so special.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2016

Working with Terry M. was great! She made sure we had everything we needed. On the day of the reception, the wait staff was extremely attentive...not just to my husband and I but to all the guests!!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Rachel · Married on 06/25/2016

There is a reason the Hotel Bethlehem is such a popular wedding venue - they know how to put together a wedding! We could not be happier with our choice to have our June, 2016 wedding at the Hotel Bethlehem. Kathy is a veteran coordinator and was very accommodating to any requests we had and able to answer any questions. Through the Hotel we found most of our vendors all of which were wonderful to work with. It was reassuring to have other vendors so comfortable with our reception venue. We were a little nervous when we found out there were going to be two other weddings the same night as ours but besides the lobby being an bustling place we wouldn't have known. The staff easily (or at least from our point of view!) handled the packed house with ease and we never felt like we weren't their priority. The entire weekend went smoothly and we have the team of people working with us to thank for that!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Carlee · Married on 04/30/2016

My husband and I chose Hotel Bethlehem for our wedding ceremony and reception venue, and it was absolutely perfect. I wanted nothing more than to get married outside, and Hotel Bethlehem offers about 12 different ceremony sites on the historic property adjacent to the Hotel. The weather cooperated and we were able to say our "I Do's" with the creek to our left, main street to the right, and the back drop of several historic buildings. The cocktail hour and reception moved indoors to the 3rd floor balcony and Grand Ballroom, perfectly fitting our 115 person reception. Terry Marrow was our coordinator leading up to the event, and she was amazing to work with - when I felt like my head was spinning with little details, she reassured me that everything would work out, and it did! Her staff was incredible the whole night, taking care of every question and request we had. The hotel was great for our guests too, I just wish I had remembered to tell everyone to make brunch reservations on Sunday since the Hotel gets so busy. We were looking for a place where we could check in Friday, check out Sunday, and get everything done in between in one spot. Hotel Bethlehem was the perfect place for that!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Kim · Married on 04/23/2016

Our daughter's wedding reception was held in the exquisite Mural Ballroom. I cannot say enough to adequately convey how beautiful everything was. The Hotel itself is magnificent and the staff could not have been more accommodating. The food was delicious and served to all guests in a very timely manner. We worked with Kathy Sanders for all the planning. What a true professional! All of our questions were always addressed promptly and many wonderful ideas were exchanged. We were assigned a personal maitre'd for the evening who made sure everything was exactly the way we wished. I received so many compliments from our family and friends who loved everything as much as we did! Thank you to everyone at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem for a wonderful, magical wedding weekend!

Sent on 05/04/2016

If you are looking for a beautiful venue with top notch staff, look no further. Hotel Bethlehem did a fantastic job of making everything absolutely perfect for our special day. Not only did they organize and execute wonderfully, but they took it to the next level by helping with little bumps along the way. They even provided an MC when our band wasn't familiar with introductions - talk about saving the day! We couldn't ask for a better venue!

Sent on 03/31/2016

My husband and I had our reception at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem last weekend, and the experience from start to finish was phenomenal.

Our wedding planner at the Hotel was responsive and helpful for the full year of planning, coordinated perfectly with our other vendors and put together a wonderful wedding!

Our guests all enjoyed their stay at the Hotel, including a brunch we hosted the following morning. The Grand Ballroom was perfect for our 120 guest wedding and the tables were decorated and set immaculately.

The staff was exceptionally helpful through the wedding, from the catering managers to our maitre'd to the waiters. The food was amazing, and we heard great reviews from all of our guests.

I would recommend the Hotel to anyone who wants to get married in the Lehigh Valley.

Sent on 10/29/2015