Hilton Waikoloa Village Reviews

Hilton Waikoloa Village 7
  • Melody

Melody · Married on 04/05/2019

Dream Come True Wedding on 3/29/19

We were married on 3/29/19 at the Hilton Waikoloa. My husband and I cannot express how grateful we are to Jennifer Kadota, our wedding coordinator and her team who allowed us to enjoy such a beautiful dream come true wedding. There was not one problem that came up for us as Jennifer stayed with us the entire time and focused on all of our wishes. If you are lucky enough to consider a wedding here, we would highly recommend this. Not only was the cost of our wedding and reception at the KPC restaurant reasonable, but Jennifer did so much for us in scheduling all vendors and keeping it organized and on time. A big shout out to Jennifer Kadota and team for making our dream wedding come true!!

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Hilton Waikoloa Village 14
  • Gaylene

Gaylene Huntsman · Married on 10/13/2018

Memorable Wedding

Our wedding at the Waikoloa Hilton was wonderful. We held the ceremony at the Chapel on their property. The venue was beautiful and the assistance from the Event planners was fantastic. Megan Vierra worked with us to set up flowers, music, officiant and catering. Her customer service was exceptional. When Megan was out of office, she provided a point of contact to ensure we had everything we needed. Jennifer Kadota also did a wonderful job providing support.
    I would highly recommend this team and location for a wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Kerri · Married on 08/10/2018

We had our small destination wedding at HWV on 8/10/18. Megan Vierra was our coordinator and she was wonderful! She made the entire process so easy and stress free, and everyone absolutely raved about the beauty of the venue, the service and the reception. All fo the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly and the vendors we chose from the preferred vendor list were all fantastic. Our wedding was everything we could have wished for and we would not change a single thing! I only wish we could do it all again!

Thank you, Megan and the entire Hilton Waikoloa Village staff for making our special day perfect!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Sandi · Married on 10/03/2017

The wedding coordinator at the Hilton Waikoloa Village was a delight to work with - and really listened to what we wanted.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Julia · Married on 10/25/2014

Robin was our wedding coordinator and she helped us a lot since day 1. She is very responsive and very good at follow ups. I organized our wedding mostly myself and found it pretty difficult. Imagine organizing some else's wedding and still doing a great job! Well, Robin did exactly that! She was positive, she took care of all the details and even gave us great advice and suggestions. I think that due to her help I was able to fully enjoy our wedding day! It was great that they provided a few quality vendors to choose from, it made my research easy and mostly stress free. The vendors they recommended were great - the photographer, the DJ and the florist.

Everything went as planned, no incidents, no delays, no problems. Starting from the weather (I am sure Robin took care of that too :) since there was a hurricane passing by) and ending with small details everything was perfect!
    Our ceremony at Palace Garden was beautiful, the reception venue was great, not to mention the great food. Don't stress out much about small details, at the end people mostly remember and complimented how good the music was and how much they enjoyed the delicious food! We chose to have plated dinner. Our reception was very elegant and the quality of food was impeccable.

We have great memories from our wedding, so do our families and friends!

Thank you!

Sent on 11/18/2014

elisa · Married on 06/07/2014

Debbie Murphy and her wonderful staff provided with such a great time. Everyone was prompt and attentive on the day of the wedding. Leading up to the wedding even thou we went through a few switches of vendor planners, Debbie stepped in and picked up like there was no change. She was quick to respond to emails and provided a calmness to wedding planning. On the day of, the venue was spectacular , and the food delicious. They adapted to the wind, and I had no worries about any changes they needed to make.

Everything was smooth and beyond my expectations!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Angelica · Married on 01/31/2014

So happy with my wedding at the Hilton Waikoloa Village! The day's success was largely owed to my fabulous wedding coordinator Robin. From day 1, she was great to work with in helping me plan my destination wedding and only became even better when I arrived. Beautiful resort with a staff there to take care of their brides and grooms. Ceremony with Dean was more beautiful than anything I imagined, food was excellent and everyone had an amazing time. Highly recommend doing your wedding here, amazing destination!

Sent on 02/13/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/20/2012

Wonderful! Kristine and Robin did everything they could for us and made me really at ease trying to plan a wedding from 4000 miles away. Highly recommend! The resort was amazing!

Sent on 12/06/2012
  • User1719650 · 2+ years ago

Not only is this place beautiful....Cheryl Shoemaker and her team are professional, responsive and all around awesome to work with!

Sent on 09/09/2012

RoxAnne · Married on 03/15/2012

THIS IS THE PLACE TO GET MARRIED!!! When my fiance and I decided to do a destination wedding it took a couple months to truly decide where to hold our wedding and reception. I did extensive research on what seemed like every hotel on the island of Hawaii. We never thought it would be financially possible to hold our wedding at such an amazing and luxurious place such as the Hilton but still wanted to check it out based on the beauty and positive reviews. From day one, wedding coordinator Cheryl Shoemaker did everything possible to help us make our dream wedding come true. She helped us realized that we were able to afford to have our wedding at this location and was extremely respectful of our budget. She helped with each detail and truly went above and beyond with everything she did. Every time I emailed or called, which was often, she was extremely quick in her responses. I never had to worry about not getting questions answered or worry about her responding. She was extremely helpful in choosing other vendors and gave great advice. When we arrived at the resort, we were flabbergasted at the property. It was the very definition of paradise. And Cheryl was our fairy godmother. With the amazing property combined with Cheryl, our wedding was beyond our wildest dreams. I cannot speak highly enough of the everyone we came in contact with from the salon staff to the catering staff, each person was professional, friendly and extremely helpful! I would without any doubt recommend this vendor to anyone who is even considering a wedding here!

Sent on 03/22/2012

RoxAnne · Married on 03/13/2009

Sent on 03/22/2012

Kasey · Married on 12/15/2006

Sent on 01/22/2007

Katelyn · Married on 08/10/2017

I knew from when I was really little that this is where I wanted to get married. It seemed like a far off dream that would never really come to be a reality. After I got engaged and started looking at venues, I was shocked to find that the Hilton was actually within our price range and that they took care of so much of the details for us. We worked extensively with Megan Vierra in special events and she did a phenomenal job! She had a great understanding of what was available to us and was usually very quick to answer our questions. The entire staff the day of the wedding did a great job and was very easy to work with. The wedding truly exceeded my wildest dreams and I couldn't be happier to be married to the love of my life. I still can't believe how perfectly everything came together. From the flowers, to how simple it was working with the vendors, to the quality of the food during the reception, and the amazingly landscaped grounds, the wedding was perfect. What made it worth it all was the views of the ocean from the Hale Aloha chapel as we said our vows. I can't imagine a better place to have gotten married, we had the most wonderful time!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Robin our coordinator was very attentive to all details. My day was completely stress free due to her assistance.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/23/2008

The Hilton was a wonderful experience. Destination weddings are definitely the way to go -- this was such a low stress experience. All I did was pick the package I wanted, and pick a few details, and everything was arranged for me. I felt like a movie star the day of the wedding, meeting with the wedding planner and having everything done for me!

Sent on 07/29/2008

Mike and Judy · Married on 08/30/2014

We had our wedding at the Hilton in late-August, and Robin was our coordinator. All I have to say is that Robin is just wonderful to work with! She is very easy to talk to and was very helpful during the planning process.

There were a few hiccups: wrong flowers were delivered, jogger running during my ceremony, ring bearer fell into the fountain, etc., but Robin and her team definitely stepped up their game and took care of everything.

I was a bit disappointed in regards to communication with the Hilton team to their vendors. Specifically, with the officiant and guitarist as part of our wedding package. I am not saying anything bad about their services because I thought they performed beautifully but just a few hiccups (again). I was under the impression that the officiant would perform a traditional Hawaiian wedding using a conk shell, and I requested the guitarist to play the Hawaiian wedding song as my processional song... but he played Bruno Mars. Neither of these things are a big deal, and of course the guests didn't notice at all, so no harm really. It just wasn't what I had anticipated. As with all weddings, there will be hiccups, but overall it went very well.

I would have given 5 stars minus the flexibility of the Hilton. There were several restrictions with preferred vendors, and not being able to bring in outside food/liquor. Although completely understandable, it would have been nicer to have more flexibility in choosing my vendors. Choosing a non preferred vendor came with additional fees. For example, I wanted a Photo Booth at the wedding, but for this service, most vendors wanted to charge me double! Their reasoning was that they are passing on the fees to me as Hilton charges them a non preferred vendor fee.

Overall, it was a great experience. We had a wonderful wedding and I would recommend the Hilton to anyone seeking absolutely beautiful grounds for their ceremony and reception.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Jane · Married on 05/20/2016

We had stayed at this hotel several times previously before we decided to book it for our hotel. Everything was fabulous! Planning a destination wedding can seem daunting but Megan Vierra at the Hilton made everything so easy via phone and email, despite the five hour time difference.They provide a convenient list of preferred vendors for you to choose from for photographers, musicians, etc. We weren't disappointed with any aspect! The only slight bummer was that there was a kids Nickelodeon TV game show (similar to The Amazing Race) being filmed while we were there, which stressed me out a bit as the bride, but fortunately it didn't affect our ceremony or reception at all. They were able to control foot traffic through the part of the hotel grounds where we had our ceremony which was a bonus (most guests were totally unaffected by this too).

Sent on 09/27/2016

The Hilton gave us exactly what we wanted, and made it so ridiculously easy! Breakfast by the ocean with a little wedding in the middle? Blue velvet cupcakes? Mimosas? Special macadamia nut French Toast? Round tables on the lawn so people can sit and eat and drink while we're getting married? An officiant who would blow the conch to open and close the ceremony, AND wear Aloha-style attire? DONE AND DONE AND DONE. They handle their business at the Hilton. It's not cheap, but it's really reasonable for all the work they do, and how little you have to think about! We had an AWESOME wedding. I can't believe how smoothly everything went!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Amazing! I cannot wait to get married their, my fiancé and I are over the moon!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Caroline · Married on 02/26/2012

3.0

We had a rough start with our planner but they made up for it. We had a perfect wedding and Jeanette made it that way. She was helpful and enthusiastic. Kristine was results oriented and made everything fall into place perfectly. We loved our wedding! It was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 03/03/2012

Binaka · Married on 07/23/2005

4.2
      3.0

Great location and service-not to flexible for traditional Hindu ceremony.

Sent on 11/09/2006

Emily · Married on 12/08/2011

3.8
      3.5

Our wedding was on 12/8, 2011. The original contact/wedding planner was on maternal leave 3 days before the wedding. So we had a sub, another wedding planner with thick Australian accent.

During the process of making the plan to wedding rehearsal, we were satisfied with both planner. But on the wedding day during the cocktail time, the sub planner limited our parents, BOH and bestman in the waiting room. They were asked to be in the room not getting any Hors d'oeuvre or drinks. I didn't know that until 5 mins before the reception when we finished the picture time.

Although that sub planner claimed it was my idea, in fact not b/c I counted the Hors d'oeuvre including those trapped members, we called and formed a complaint to the hotel. They did give us a refund on the bill.

This hotel also overbilled the beverages. Be careful when you get their bill.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Moon · Married on 06/10/2006

2.0

Hair - the hairdresser was fabulous.
    Makeup - Really curteous and tries to please but had difficulty with asian faces (which was really weird because this was Hawaii).
    Flowers - their vendor florist did a great job and helped me shave off alot of cost
    Photography - their vendor photographer did a satisfactory job. Knew all the good locations and timing of sunsets, etc.
    Videographer - sigh, sigh, sigh...horrible!! The video came out as if it was a travel video for the Hilton Waikoloa. Also we can barely hear the vows, can't even hear the harp and flute during the procession. They didn't bother with any comments by guests, only views of the Venue, the hotel and the actual wedding vows were videoed!!
    DJ - was great and really receptive to what we wanted. However, a couple friends had difficulty tracking him down before the party began in order to set up music for the slideshow.
    Wedding Cake - okay...the fondant was a bit bumpy.
    Wedding Coordinator - I had Kai as my wedding coordinator and she is a very pleasant nice woman to work with...however on the wedding day, she didn't let me know to come down early for photos with friends and family so the wedding started late, she also didn't bother to show or usher guests to the reception site. Instead, she was sitting on one of the ceremony chairs resting!!! Then, she vanished! She told one of my guests that she is calling it a day and going home!! I was not informed that she would be leaving the party!
    Catering - The food was really good. However, they do not do tastings. The chocolate conch shell dessert was enormous!! Good but HUGE!!!! However they did the most horrid thing!! The two most important tables - the family tables were not served any Wedding cake!!! Nor did they bring up part of the leftover cake to the hotel room as they said they would.
    Billing - it took a few weeks for the final cost (do to open bar) to be settled, then they didn't get back to us with questions we had regarding how the billing and charges were handled.

In other words - Hilton itself had a huge problem with logistics!

Sent on 11/02/2007

Heather · Married on 05/30/2009

2.2
      1.0
      3.5

We used the Hilton Waikoloa Village for our destination wedding. While the resort and location are absolutely stunning, the service and prices are not so nice. In planning a destination wedding, having a good wedding planner is key, and the lack of responsiveness and few, over-priced wedding package options made for a difficult time. Our planner didn't seem to know what she was doing and forgot to book a guitarist for our day-of ceremony. She also called to ask the same questions of which (flowers, cake, music, etc.) options we wanted around five different times.

The photographer was absolutely amazing and gave us some very beautiful memories. The photography/videography company got us our video and proofs within 3 days which was perfect for our reception back home.

The salon was expensive, over $100 for a bridal updo and $85 for each bridesmaid, but the stylist was fabulous and did a great job on everyone.

The florist did not give us what we wanted and the nearly $300 bouquet only had 5 orchids and a giant bow. We were very disappointed and even supplied a picture of what we were looking for. It's possible the planner didn't supply her with the images. The leis requested were perfect - definitely a specialty of theirs.

The cake was not good and not worth the price. However, you are forced to get it in the wedding packages that are not flexible.

Overall, we would recommend this hotel for a honeymoon but not for your wedding ceremony. Save your money.

Sent on 06/18/2009