57 Reviews for Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa

Cocktail Reception (3)
Stations (3)
Bartender(s) (3)
Valet (3)
All Inclusive Packages (2)
In-House Catering (2)
Specialty Wine (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
Shuttle (1)
57 Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa Reviews

Kelli Spague and the entire staff at the Hilton made our daughter's wedding everything that we had hoped and planned for. The chefs prepared items which were not on the typical wedding menu and it was a huge success. Guests were astounded at the variety of stations and the fresh seafood. "The food was extraordinaire" according to all of our guests. Presentation of the food was beautifully prepared and there was an abundance of every food item. The wait staff were very prompt and gracious to all the guests. The bar setup was perfect and no one had to wait for a drink at any time. The food that was passed as guests arrived and before and as they departed was unexpected by the guests, but was Lagniappe.
We worked with Savoir-Faire's, Stephanie Tate and with Marja from Florals by the Sea, as well as some of the other vendors on the list. I cannot say enough about Kelli, Stephanie, Marja , and their companies. All of them exceeded our expectations. This was a very large wedding, about 300 guests, and it was important for everyone to work together. Rik did a great job with all of the special effects lighting . Most guests responded that it was the most beautiful wedding they had attended and we had people come form literally all over the country.
Working with the accounting department was easy and efficient.
I would describe the Hilton staff as very professional and made sure that "true southern hospitality" was at it's best. from the Valet to the Special Events Manger.
I would recommend the Hilton Sandestin to anyone planning a wedding or any other event in the Destin area. They have totally renovated and updated the Conference Center and Ballrooms.

Profile Picture Lynne, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Kelly at the Hilton Sandestin was amazing!! She had my wedding planned within 3 days since I gave her such short notice!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Flowers, Party Supplies, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Kristi was an excellent coordinator who accommodated our every need! Thanks Kristi & Hilton SanDestin for making our day perfect..despite the rain! :)
-The Michaelis Family

Profile Picture Shyllo, 8/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am writing this with a huge smile on my face—simply because I am oh, so terribly happy with the service and assistance provided at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa. This is truly a fan letter!

Eight months ago, I began planning a wedding at the Hilton Sandestin. The woman who worked with me initially, Carolyn, was the most professional and most intelligent person I had ever met. She made my bride and me feel like whatever we wanted was possible. After talking to Carolyn and signing the contract, I trusted her so much that I decided to use the list of vendors that the hotel provided—sight unseen and untested—she earned my trust. If the vendors were anything like this woman, I knew all would be well!

As the time for the wedding grew closer, unbelievably, the service got better! I was introduced to Kristi Purvis, the events coordinator for the Hilton. Kristi went out of her way to make this wedding the best ever held at the Hilton. She also made my bride and groom feel like their event was the only one taking place. I do not have enough words to explain the one-on-one attention that Kristi provided at all hours of the day and night. She was so amazing! By the end of the evening, Kristi was just as hot, sweaty and worn out as I was—that is a testament to her hard work and dedication. She never stopped, she never said no and she never gave up! The running joke was that even though I have a husband---I was quickly falling in love with Kristi. She made my job easy. Kristi, I will never be able to thank you enough for everything you did—even at the last minute—to make this wedding a success. You are a phenomenal woman and I know that the Hilton got it right by hiring you! You are my hero. If you ever need anything, please call on me!

None of my work could have been done for this wedding without the remarkable staff members and associates of the Hilton Sandestin.

Profile Picture User3325501, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding here, May 31, 2013, and was so pleased with everyone! From checking in, to leaving, everyone that knew I was the bride, pretty much treated me like a princess! I absolutely love Kristi Purvis the event coordinator!! She helped me for months with all my questions and concerns, and when I finally met her, I felt like I already knew her!! At my reception, the staff was awesome! I also wanted to make mention of Carol Chaudoin in reservations.. I called at last min needing an extra room for the groom, and w/o hesitation, she immediately did everything she could to take care of us! She even emailed me all of her info, incase we had any questions.. I feel like everyone here really went above and beyond to make my day very special...I highly recommend this place to get married, or to have your special event! Thank you! Ohhhhh, and I can't forget the pastry chef Yascha Becker.. His signature cake was so good, and the prettiest I have ever seen! Definitely go with him over any outside vendor.. you wont be dissapointed!

Profile Picture Nealy, 5/31/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Carolyn Northcott is SO WONDERFUL!! My husband and I wanted to find a perfect place for our destination wedding. One stop at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa, and we had choosen our venue. Carolyn is very responsive and great to work with. Almost anything you ask for, she will provide or find a way to get it to you. They were so very accomodating to us and all of our guests. The ballroom for the reception was amazing, and there was enough food to feed double our guests :) She truly cares about the ceremony and reception. I could not have picked a better venue and staff to work with. We will definitely be going back. THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Profile Picture Meredith, 11/17/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the most amazing place to have a wedding. I had no worries with everyone in charge. Highly Recommended.

Profile Picture Tina, 8/17/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Hilton Sandestin Beach and Golf esort was amazing. They provided me a wonderful service and staff. Everything was beautifully done with the wedding ceremony and the reception. I could not have asked for anything more. They made our special day truly amazing!!

Dave & Beckie Kent
Cincinnati Ohio

Profile Picture Beckie, 8/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Carolyn Northcott made planning my wedding so easy. She was extremely helpful and helped me work out every detail. The day arrived and ran stress free, it was everything I had dreamed of for my wedding.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 4/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

My husband and I both had the best experience at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa. I would recommend the resort to any bride looking to have an amazing carefree wedding.

Profile Picture Amy, 3/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZING! Carolyn Northcott, my event coordinator, was extremely patient and responsive. I could not have asked for a better venue location (Sunrise deck) and hotel for my guests. Further, the food was fantastic! My guests went home with full tummies and a smile on their face. I also used Serenity by the Sea, the hotel's spa, on the morning of my wedding. I had a massage, facial, and mani and pedi. The ladies were so sweet and did an outstanding job. The Hilton Sandestin will forever be a special place for my husband and me. We will return for future anniversary trips.

Profile Picture Tia, 9/24/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The location is beautiful and we loved the food! The resort was ideal as we were having a couple hundred people attend.

Profile Picture Candis, 1/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My wedding at the Hilton was everything I dreamed it would be! The staff was amazing and Carolyn made sure every detail was taken care of.

Profile Picture User2882390, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

We had our wedding at the Sandestin Hilton and planned the entire event in 6 weeks. I could not have done it without their wonderful wedding planner, Carolyn Northcott. She was extremely helpful in getting everything put together quickly. They upgraded our honeymoon suite (included in our package) on the day of the wedding. I was able to watch the set up and guests arriving from my room. They also were able to give me an early check-in. The vendors that she suggested were all very professional and we were pleased with them. I had my hair done for the wedding by one of the stylists at their salon and was very happy with how it turned out. She also helped steer me in a better direction since she had had so much experience with beach weddings and knowing what styles would hold up in the wind. I know that the Hilton holds many events and many weddings, but I can honestly say that they made me feel like my event was special and important to them.

Profile Picture Tracie, 8/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My daughter wanted a beach wedding. We live four hours from the coast and during the planning phase I was caring for a critically ill family member, so I was concerned about having the time to book vendors and tend to all the details of the wedding. She also wanted an outdoor ceremony and reception with a view of the beach, but not actually on the beach. (We had some elderly family members who were unable to walk down steps or in the sand.). We visited eight venders in the Destin area and the Sandestin Hilton was the perfect solution. The wedding took place on a large deck overlooking the beach, and the reception was on the adjacent deck. Guests had only to walk a few steps to get from one to the other. Of course weather is always a concern for outdoor weddings, but our event planner extraordinaire, Carol Juneau, booked backup indoor spaces for us, at the same time assuring us that every effort would be made to keep the wedding outside. (As it turned out, the week of my daughter's wedding was rainy and we had a few sprinkles the day of the wedding, but Carol called me around noon and said that she had been following the weather and thought we were good to go ahead with everything outdoors. And we did!). I can not say enough good things about Carol! She met with us on our initial visit, gave us a tour of the facilitates, and explained all of our options. We were so impressed that we booked on the spot. Afterward many questions arose, and Carol was extremely responsive, returning my calls and emails promptly. I found the Hilton to be very flexible. They accommodated all of our special requests. But one of the most helpful things for me was that they booked all of our vendors. They handled the all the details of the venue, the food, and the cake. They booked our day-of coordinator, ceremony musicians, D.J., florist, audio-visual service, and photographer. And we could not have been more pleased with every one of them! It was expensive, but worth it!

Profile Picture Gail, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Linda and Carol were both amazing to work with. We planned our entire wedding via phone and email from Texas. If you are planning on having a wedding in Destin this is the venue for the ceremony and reception. They made everything happen just as I had dreamed of!!! They allowed us to do an open bar with drink tickets purchased - the ones you don't use they will refund back to you a couple of weeks after the wedding. The hair stylist and makeup at the Hilton Spa were Amazing and decently priced. We visited several venues in Destin to see what they had to offer and the Hilton was perfect. My only complaint would be the response time was a little delayed by the wedding department, but just be patient they will get back to you. Linda with the spa was amazing and her response time was great. Thanks to the entire staff at the Hilton for a perfect wedding.

Profile Picture Theresa, 4/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married here June of 2013 and I was extremely happy with the end result. I planned the wedding in eight months and was worried about the short timeline but the Hilton worked with me and everything turned out beautiful. Carolyn left the Hilton Sandestin during the planning but Kelli stepped in and picked up where we left off. We were taken care of from the rehearsal dinner through the ceremony and reception. At the reception, we ran out of one kind of beer and our captain had more in minutes. My husband and I needed to do absolutely nothing, we had drinks and cake delivered right to our table and didn't need to worry about a thing. Our guests had a fabulous time and we couldn't be more thankful for all of their help!

Profile Picture User3446242, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Carolyn helped me have the most wonderful stress free wedding. Everything was set up and on time without any problems

Profile Picture H, 11/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The Hilton Sandestin is a beautiful venue. Our wedding was handled so professionally. There was only one incident where it was clear the front desk wasn't a team player with everyone else. Most of our guests were very pleased with the accomodations but several had really warm rooms and the temperature wouldn't cool down. Maintenance came several times but the issue wasn't resolved. Overall it was a wonderful weekend.

Profile Picture Joye, 3/17/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I did everything at the Hilton - rooms, food, ceremony. Our guests loved the layout and convenience. We had a beautiful sunset and memories to treasure forever!

Profile Picture Hadley, 9/25/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
4.2

We had to postpone our wedding and Hilton was very accommodating. However, there was a lapse in communication between the postponed date and the new date. Once we got on track with a new planner ( several left ), everything fell into place. Carol Juneau was a VERY gracious planner who was always available. She was genuinely interested in making sure the day went off without a hitch. Because there was the threat of inclement weather, she gave us ample time to make a decision on whether to continue with the entire ceremony and reception outside or in. We kept the ceremony outside ( thank you rain Gods) and brought the reception in. Everything was very intimate and beautiful. Nothing beats the beautiful back drop of the ocean.
Thanks Carol and Hilton for making our day special.

Profile Picture Sonya, 4/11/15, 3 Reviews
4.2

Kelly did a great job working with us from a distance to make our wedding day just what we wanted.

Profile Picture Tonisha, 8/10/13, 3 Reviews
3.8

I had a bonfire the night before my wedding, instead of a formal rehearsal dinner. The beach was beautiful and the bonfire was blazing high. The staff helped serve the food and had a great attitude. They even danced with us. The bonfire was exactly what I wanted.

Profile Picture Ronda, 3/21/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)
3.7

Pricey, and make you meet a minimum charge. The event also has an abrupt end-time. The beach is beautiful. Carolyn is a great event specialist. The food is really good as well. If you're willing to spend the money, it's a great venue.

Profile Picture User2519384, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
3.5

Felt like it was a bit unorganized for what we paid. I was disappointed the morning of the wedding because there was not a room reserved for me, the bride, to get ready. This was set up at the last minute and then when I did get the room, there were no chairs, tables, or anywhere to hang my dress. I was put in a yoga room which contained nothing but mirrors and yoga equipment. The people in the spa had to get me a chair. Also, I wasn't able to get into the reception room until 4 hours before the ceremony started. I was decorating the room myself. Therefore, I felt very rushed. The facility was very nice and a good place for the money. They just need to get better organized with details.

Profile Picture User3662355, 2+ years ago, 1 Review