Hilton Charlotte Center City Reviews

45 | Charlotte, NC

45 Reviews for Hilton Charlotte Center City

45 Hilton Charlotte Center City Reviews

Tanya · Married on 04/06/2018

New Bethel Church GOGIC celebrated Bishop Tommie Murphy Inaugural Banquet. We the Devine Touch event planners decorated for this great occasion. And the Hilton Charlotte Center location where great!! to work with between the management team & staff. They were very accommodating as well. So along with this location and our decorations it made the event that much more spectacular!!!!

Candice · Married on 02/17/2018

Seriously, the only word we can use is perfection. We were planning our wedding long distance and within 5 minutes of talking to Megan, we knew we were in great hands. Every detail and aspect was discussed and executed to perfection. Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had and that’s what we hoped for from day one. The Hilton Center City is the best of the best!! I will remember the best day of my life every day of my life!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Hilton Charlotte Center City's reply:

Thank you Candice! I truly enjoyed working with you and Matt through the process and loved how we first met on a Skype site visit! Good luck with all your future plans in life! Megan

Alycia · Married on 02/17/2018

Megan was absolutely wonderful, very responsive and professional! She listened to my dream of the wedding and implemented. The Hilton was very flexible and every staff member was super friendly. On the day of the wedding, the cafeteria manager checked on me and my bridal party and made sure we were fed and ready for the big day. It was an absolutely amazing experience and the Hilton staff ensured that my wedding day was the best day EVER!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Hilton Charlotte Center City 5
    Hilton Charlotte Center City 6
    Hilton Charlotte Center City 7

Hilton Charlotte Center City's reply:

Alcyia, you are too kind. You both were a dream to work with and I am glad to hear it was everything you ever dreamed it would be...P.S, we loved the decor you picked out for the ballroom!

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Hilton on Saturday night of Labor Day weekend. The buffet that they set up was amazing, and Megan was great about working the menu to make it work with our budget, but still ensuring we had everything we wanted! The servers were great and everyone really enjoyed the food. Other than some difficulty with parking, it really is a great venue to host a large event.

Samantha · event on: 05/14/2017

We hosted our Farewell Breakfast at the Hilton Center City. They were super easy to work with and helped us create a great menu for our guests. They were definitely the most reasonably priced hotel for this kind of event in the Uptown area. I would highly recommend having an event here!

Anita · Married on 04/15/2017

I would highly recommend this place! I worked with Megan Applegate! loved her, very understanding of our culture, very accommodating! she made our dream come true. The staff was very professional. Everything went very smooth! The food was awesome too!
    Thank you guys you are the best!!!

Renee · Married on 11/12/2016

Our wedding exceeded my dreams! The Hilton Center City is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The ballroom's gigantic chandeliers are so gorgeous and romantic. The perfect backdrop for a ceremony and reception. We had our rehearsal, ceremony and reception there and couldn't have been more pleased! The staff was wonderful to work with, especially Megan Applegate. She was very patient, helpful and easy to work with. She answered all my questions and always made me feel calm during the planning process. Everything turned out perfectly and they handle most everything for you. Not only did everything look great but the food was delicious too! Everyone I spoke to who attended the wedding raved about how magnificent the food was! Our cake was also amazing, and it was covered in the wedding package. Not a morsel of cake was left. The entire Hilton staff was very friendly and made us feel special. I can't say enough good things about the Hilton Center City and staff! Thank you for an amazing day and memories we will always cherish!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Hilton Charlotte Center City's reply:

Thank you Renee for the kind words. You were a dream bride to work with and I enjoyed our journey together! Please keep in touch.

Brittany · Married on 10/01/2016

We had an absolutely AMAZING time at our wedding! We were able to hold everything at this venue - ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. This made is super convenient for our guests. We also loved that they only schedule 1 event per day - so you don't have to worry about another event interfering with your own.

Megan was super attentive and quick to answer ALL of our questions. She ensured she had all the information needed to make our day go off without a hitch. My wedding party said that I was the calmest bride they had ever seen, and all of that is due to Megan and her ability to keep everything on point. She was absolutely AMAZING.

The venue was extremely accommodating. Food was INCREDIBLE! The guests said the prime rib was the BEST they have ever had - and mind you, they are pretty picky with food! If we would have known how popular the asian station would be, we probably would have requested 2 asian stations and 1 pasta station instead of the other way around. SO GO WITH THE ASIAN STATION! FOR SURE!

The value of our package was great as well! We knew we were going to spend some money, but it was great to have so many things included - open bar, free honeymoon suite with champagne and a late night snack of our choice delivered to our room, bridal and groom suites for our bridal party to get ready, custom cake (we actually did cupcakes - but it was no problem), tasting of the entire menu for us to choose from, upgraded linens and chairs, and a GREAT room rate for our guests! There is probably a lot that I am missing, but that just shows you how amazing the deal was!

Mustafa and Megan did a great job keeping all of the festivities going and allowed our guests to have the time of their lives! We are still getting texts and phone calls saying how much fun they had!

Thank you so much Hilton Center City! Can't wait to spend our 1 year anniversary reminiscing about the best day of our lives!

Andy · Married on 05/07/2016

Megan was great from our first meeting all the way through to the night of the rehearsal dinner. No request was too big or small for her to handle and all of our guests had a great meal and a fabulous evening socializing. Thanks for everything Megan!

• Maddi

Maddi · Married on 03/26/2016

This venue was the absolute epitome of class, beauty, glamour, and amazing "customer service"! The entire wedding weekend was held at the Hilton - the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and Sunday brunch. Kayla and Megan are wedding guru goddesses! Every detail was addressed and taken care of with such care. My husband and I, as well as every single one of our wedding attendees, would recommend the Hilton Center City in Uptown Charlotte!

Megan and her team at the Hilton Charlotte Center City were OUTSTANDING. We had a traditional Indian wedding ceremony, with many moving pieces and parts. They worked tirelessly to ensure that everything went off without a hitch through the whole weekend. I will HIGHLY recommend this team to my friends and family who will be hosting events in Charlotte from here on out!

Scott · Married on 10/24/2015

Megan and the Hilton were absolutely fantastic. From coordinating the welcome party to the giant ceremony and reception, Megan was friendly, responsive and incredible. I'd recommend the venue to anyone who wants to get married in Charlotte.

Claire · Married on 10/03/2015

"Wow" is the best word I can use describe my experience with the Hilton Charlotte Center City! The service from the entire staff at this venue was spectacular. The team went above and beyond to make our wedding night an incredible experience. I initially reached out to Megan Applegate to learn more about the venue and from that first email on- Megan was fantastic to work with. She has been incredibly responsive, responsible, and on top of everything. When I first saw the ballroom I feel in love with the glamorous look and feel and knew that would be the best place for what I had in mind for the reception. When all the tables were set with the flowers, candles, chairs and linens, it was incredible. The place was big enough to hold our 180 guests very comfortably as well as a huge dance floor, room for walking around and mingling, and 2 bars, a dj, a stage for our sweetheart table, couches surrounding the dancefloor, and step and repeat. The food was mouthwatering! We provided guests with the option of chicken or steak and lobster and everyone absolutely loved it. The appetizers during cocktail hour was so diverse and delicious, we got so many compliments. The staff was beyond helpful for everything that day- especially considering there was severe weather last minute and we had to change some things around. I loved all the personal touches, such as providing my husband and me a drink the second we got there, having some appetizers on our table since we missed cocktail hour, and even letting us keep dancing after we were supposed to be done :) The icing on the cake was our incredible suite that night- not only was it spacious but there was a plate with chicken fingers, cheeseburgers and fries! Since we spent the entire night talking and dancing we barely got a bite to eat so this was such an awesome treat! Megan and her entire team were simply the best to work with and I am so very grateful for everything they did to make our wedding the best weekend of our lives.

Nilima · Married on 09/06/2015

The entire Hilton team is amazing to work with! We hosted three wedding events as well as lodging for approximately 200 guests. During the planning process, our main contact, Megan, was extremely organized, responsive, knowledgeable, and flexible. They accommodated so many of our requests without any issues. During the weekend, they flawlessly executed all details while remaining courteous and attentive to all guests and vendors. It truly meant a lot to have such a wonderful vendor since we were able to relax and enjoy our special weekend.

Vaishali · Married on 08/15/2015

Megan Applegate and the rest of the entire catering and event team/staff at the hilton charlotte center city was absolutely fantastic. We had our 3 event Indian wedding weekend at the Hilton and could not be more thrilled about it!! From the time we began looking at venues, to the entire planning process, to the events themselves, everything was seamless. Every single question or request we had was answered promptly and surpassed our need and expectation every time. Everyone was so helpful and accommodating for all of our out of town guests, it was truly wonderful. We are so thankful to have chosen this venue and this team for the most important day of our life, everyone made sure that we were taken care of and that every aspect of our event was to the level of perfection. Everyone went above and beyond and we will always remember this team for their hard work in making our day the day of our dreams!

Callie · Married on 08/01/2015

My husband and I had the most memorable wedding at the Hilton Center City mainly due to the amazing staff that they provide you on your wedding day. Megan Applegate is the catering coordinator and worked with us directly on every detail of the wedding. She has an amazing resume and did a fabulous job in helping us create our dream wedding. The Hilton has several packages to choose from which was very helpful because we had no idea where to start when planning a wedding. Some of the things that the packages include were the following: food and drinks, dance floor, flower credit (when using preferred vendor), cake and stand, decor on the tables and much much more. You can upgrade anything you would like and they were always there to accommodate all of our needs. A big thank you to Musafa and Sam who were with us the entire night of our wedding reception to make sure my husband and I were taken care of. They were such gentlemen and really took care of us! The ballroom was set up amazing and it was better than i could have dreamed of. We even used some cool furniture in the lobby as part of the head table. They have a good amount of food to choose from for your guests and it was all so delicious! Very hard to choose from but we have guests still talking about the ambiance and how good the food was. It was a night to remember and We are very thankful for the Hilton Center City staff and especially Megan Applegate!

Rebecca · Married on 07/25/2015

We had our wedding reception at the Hilton Center City Charlotte and from the moment we met Megan we knew it was going to be a perfect event. All our dreams and wishes were accomodated and Megan made sure to help us quickly throughout the year of planning. She always dropped everything to answer questions, help organize, and just check in along the way....she truly made us feel like our wedding was the most important day. Working with Megan felt like working with a friend which made our experience extremely fun! On the day of our wedding, I didn't have to worry about a thing and walking into the ballroom I couldn't believe how incredible everything looked. Megan and her co-workers did an above and beyond job for our happiness! And...she dropped everything to find my veil the next morning :) We definitely reccommend the Hilton and Megan for your upcoming event!!

Stephanie · Married on 07/18/2015

Great staff! Very accommodating and professional!

Hila · Married on 05/23/2015

The Hilton is a great venue for a wedding!

We looked hi and lo for the perfect venue and are so proud to say that Hilton Charlotte Center City was most fitting. This was the perfect location for your wedding especially if you will have a handful of out of town guests coming in to visit you. This beautiful venue in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, literally great walking distance access to entertainment (day and night), restaurants, and museums. You have to keep these practicalities in mind when you are "shopping around" for your wedding venue because while your wedding's day events (and rehearsal dinner) are the most important reason why your guests are there, many of them are not going to be doing wedding activities throughout their entire stay - you want to NOT make them have to travel or commute around town to stay entertained.

Additional Feedback:

1. While venue shopping, we were NOT brushed to the side and our time was respected.
    1. ORGANIZED Staff
    2. COMPLETE KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING of the bride's vision
    3. FLEXIBILITY, SUPPORT, and CREATIVITY for the bride's vision
    4. IMPECCABLE SERVICE. For us and our guests. The staff was very professional, tactful, polite (not pretentious), friendly, communicative, classy, accommodating, attentive, and very helpful.
    5. DELICIOUS FOOD. Every guest whom we've spoken to (and us) loved the food - hor'dourves and plated dinner - because usually the larger the guest count, the more likely the quality of food decreases.
    6. CLEAN and POLISHED venue. The floors are always shiny, the elevators are always clean, the bathrooms are clean and upkept.
    7. PATIENT. When our allotted reception time was up, the lights did not instantaneously get turned on to the highest level of brightness like I've read in other venues' customer reviews. We were not rushed out of the venue. Another sign showing how classy the Hilton Charlotte Center City truly is.

Absolutely A-Team Staff, hands down. I'd highly recommend this venue and Megan Applegate was AMAZING!!!

Nora · Married on 03/28/2015

The staff was amazing. Megan was great and otganized and accomidiating. She was able to answer me fast and accomdiate to my every need. Sam and Mustafa were awesome during the event to make sure that my guests and I were taken care of throughout the whole night. Amazing service from everyone.

Gretchen · Married on 03/07/2015

My organization hosts a charity black tie optional gala at the Hilton each year. It's not a wedding, but the services received are very similar. The team at the Hilton is top notch and they are always one step ahead of our needs on event day. The Hilton makes our jobs easier and makes us look good. We value our relationship with them and the professional service they provide.

Erin · Married on 05/31/2014

The hilton by far exceeded our expectations. Our wedding coordinator Mel Ulla and her team were amazing and such a pleasure to work with. Our day went perfectly without a hitch!!

Awesome staff! We had such a great experience working with Mel. She really went above and beyond to make our event such a success. I cannot thank her enough. I would definitely recommend family members and friends to have their next event at this venue.