Hilton Charlotte Center City Reviews

Hilton Charlotte Center City 6
Hilton Charlotte Center City 7

Danielle Dunn · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Wedding

Judy was fantastic to work with through this whole process of planning and day of. The food was great as well. Majority of our guests stayed at the hotel, and the rooms were very nice and clean. Looked at multiple venues, and this gave you the biggest bang for your buck. Our only "issue" we had through the process, was guests not appearing in the block although they booked through it/appeared more than once, etcetera. However, Hilton did offer good customer service to resolve any issues that came up. Overall, we had a great experience having our reception at the Hilton and would recommend friends/family/others to look into having their wedding here as well.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Hilton Charlotte Center City's reply:

Thank you Danielle! I enjoyed working with you and Brett and am so happy that you and your guests had a wonderful experience. We wish you all the best for your future!
    Judy Patterson and the Hilton Center City Team
  • Raina

Raina · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect Location for an Indian Wedding

We loved having our wedding at the Hilton Charlotte Center City for a number of reasons. (1) Mel Ulla the event planner was incredible. She was so well versed in Indian weddings, was so accommodating and patient with all our questions. Having great staff at the venue is key to a successful Indian wedding. The outside location was perfect for the baraat. We had plenty of space to dance, for the horse, milni ceremony all without shutting down the street. We had our ceremony in the atrium and reception in the ballroom. If you book your wedding here, be sure to use the sparkle dance floor the Hilton has. It is huge which is awesome and it is stunning in your photos.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Hilton Charlotte Center City's reply:

Thank You Raina & Sean! We loved hosting your wedding weekend with us at the Hilton Charlotte Center City and we hope the absolute best for you in the future! - Mel Ulla & The Hilton Center City staff

Tanya · Married on 04/06/2018

New Bethel Church GOGIC celebrated Bishop Tommie Murphy Inaugural Banquet. We the Devine Touch event planners decorated for this great occasion. And the Hilton Charlotte Center location where great!! to work with between the management team & staff. They were very accommodating as well. So along with this location and our decorations it made the event that much more spectacular!!!!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Candice · Married on 02/17/2018

Seriously, the only word we can use is perfection. We were planning our wedding long distance and within 5 minutes of talking to Megan, we knew we were in great hands. Every detail and aspect was discussed and executed to perfection. Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had and that’s what we hoped for from day one. The Hilton Center City is the best of the best!! I will remember the best day of my life every day of my life!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Hilton Charlotte Center City's reply:

Thank you Candice! I truly enjoyed working with you and Matt through the process and loved how we first met on a Skype site visit! Good luck with all your future plans in life! Megan

Alycia · Married on 02/17/2018

Megan was absolutely wonderful, very responsive and professional! She listened to my dream of the wedding and implemented. The Hilton was very flexible and every staff member was super friendly. On the day of the wedding, the cafeteria manager checked on me and my bridal party and made sure we were fed and ready for the big day. It was an absolutely amazing experience and the Hilton staff ensured that my wedding day was the best day EVER!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Hilton Charlotte Center City 12
    Hilton Charlotte Center City 13
    Hilton Charlotte Center City 14

Hilton Charlotte Center City's reply:

Alcyia, you are too kind. You both were a dream to work with and I am glad to hear it was everything you ever dreamed it would be...P.S, we loved the decor you picked out for the ballroom!

Nikki · event on 11/30/2017

I can't say enough about Kari, Megan, Sam and the entire team here. They are such pros and just make everything so easy. I throw a ton of large events for my job and will no longer go anywhere else. Hilton is my event home from now on.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Tanya · event on 11/29/2017

The entire staff continuously goes above and beyond to make sure that even the smallest detail is attended to. They have never been to busy to respond to every request and have always shown up as courteous and professional. They have been consistent over the past 13 plus years that I have had the pleasure to work with them both on a personal and professional level. I highly recommend them for any event no matter how big or small.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2017

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Hilton on Saturday night of Labor Day weekend. The buffet that they set up was amazing, and Megan was great about working the menu to make it work with our budget, but still ensuring we had everything we wanted! The servers were great and everyone really enjoyed the food. Other than some difficulty with parking, it really is a great venue to host a large event.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Tony · event on 06/04/2017

A very beautiful venue. Very courteous and helpful staff. Such a great team to work with! I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Samantha · event on 05/14/2017

We hosted our Farewell Breakfast at the Hilton Center City. They were super easy to work with and helped us create a great menu for our guests. They were definitely the most reasonably priced hotel for this kind of event in the Uptown area. I would highly recommend having an event here!

Sent on 05/25/2017

Chrissy · event on 04/21/2017

I have worked with the Hilton Charlotte Center City for many years, prior to joining UNC Charlotte while with the AHA and now here at UNC Charlotte. The staff are friendly, wonderful, responsive and professional. Megan Applegate has always been my main point of contact. Megan listens to the needs of the event, makes suggestions, and stays on top of the to do list to make sure the event is executed flawlessly on their end. She goes above on beyond to make sure your event is a success.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Anita · Married on 04/15/2017

I would highly recommend this place! I worked with Megan Applegate! loved her, very understanding of our culture, very accommodating! she made our dream come true. The staff was very professional. Everything went very smooth! The food was awesome too!
    Thank you guys you are the best!!!

Sent on 04/27/2017
  • User7929992 · event on 03/07/2017

Customer Service was well above average from check in, housekeeping, valet, banquet staff and sales. Kristen Lew was AMAZING and tended to our every need with a smile. She followed up to make sure that anything requested was to our satisfaction.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Lauren · event on 02/22/2017

I have been coordinating luncheon events at the Hilton Charlotte Center City for 100-300 people for two years now, and the quality of food, and kindness and sincerity from staff keeps us returning.

Mel Ulla is wonderful throughout the planning process, as she is always thinking ahead and anticipates our particular needs for each event. When we arrive on event day, we know everything is set, and we can count on banquet staff to ensure the event proceeds smoothly. If there are last minute additions, complications, or requests, they are always ready with prompt solutions and answers. The staff continuously goes out of their way to ensure our events are the best that they can be, while respecting our needs and budget as a nonprofit.

Sent on 03/20/2017

Emily · event on 12/10/2016

Megan & her team went above and beyond to make our end-of-the-year celebration a success. The food was great, the room was beautiful, and our guests had a wonderful time!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Renee · Married on 11/12/2016

Our wedding exceeded my dreams! The Hilton Center City is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The ballroom's gigantic chandeliers are so gorgeous and romantic. The perfect backdrop for a ceremony and reception. We had our rehearsal, ceremony and reception there and couldn't have been more pleased! The staff was wonderful to work with, especially Megan Applegate. She was very patient, helpful and easy to work with. She answered all my questions and always made me feel calm during the planning process. Everything turned out perfectly and they handle most everything for you. Not only did everything look great but the food was delicious too! Everyone I spoke to who attended the wedding raved about how magnificent the food was! Our cake was also amazing, and it was covered in the wedding package. Not a morsel of cake was left. The entire Hilton staff was very friendly and made us feel special. I can't say enough good things about the Hilton Center City and staff! Thank you for an amazing day and memories we will always cherish!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Hilton Charlotte Center City's reply:

Thank you Renee for the kind words. You were a dream bride to work with and I enjoyed our journey together! Please keep in touch.
  • User7398806 · event on 10/15/2016

Lovely venue! Lots of attention to detail. Space is clean and beautiful. Service is top-notch.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Gladys · event on 10/11/2016

Working with Cheyenne Simmons and Kristen Lew was a pleasure. I appreciate all their efforts in making this a successful meeting.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/01/2016

We had an absolutely AMAZING time at our wedding! We were able to hold everything at this venue - ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. This made is super convenient for our guests. We also loved that they only schedule 1 event per day - so you don't have to worry about another event interfering with your own.

Megan was super attentive and quick to answer ALL of our questions. She ensured she had all the information needed to make our day go off without a hitch. My wedding party said that I was the calmest bride they had ever seen, and all of that is due to Megan and her ability to keep everything on point. She was absolutely AMAZING.

The venue was extremely accommodating. Food was INCREDIBLE! The guests said the prime rib was the BEST they have ever had - and mind you, they are pretty picky with food! If we would have known how popular the asian station would be, we probably would have requested 2 asian stations and 1 pasta station instead of the other way around. SO GO WITH THE ASIAN STATION! FOR SURE!

The value of our package was great as well! We knew we were going to spend some money, but it was great to have so many things included - open bar, free honeymoon suite with champagne and a late night snack of our choice delivered to our room, bridal and groom suites for our bridal party to get ready, custom cake (we actually did cupcakes - but it was no problem), tasting of the entire menu for us to choose from, upgraded linens and chairs, and a GREAT room rate for our guests! There is probably a lot that I am missing, but that just shows you how amazing the deal was!

Mustafa and Megan did a great job keeping all of the festivities going and allowed our guests to have the time of their lives! We are still getting texts and phone calls saying how much fun they had!

Thank you so much Hilton Center City! Can't wait to spend our 1 year anniversary reminiscing about the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Jenna · event on 09/17/2016

Megan and the entire staff were so helpful throughout the planning process. Our guests were treated with so much respect and really were catered to. We will continue to host our event at the Hilton Charlotte Center City and recommend you do the same!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Gloria · event on 09/11/2016

Working with the staff at the Hilton was great. They provided professional service prior and during the event. On the day of the event, the staff was very helpful in making sure all of our needs were met.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Alicia · event on 06/01/2016

Great property, Superb location and AWESOME Staff!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Andy · Married on 05/07/2016

Megan was great from our first meeting all the way through to the night of the rehearsal dinner. No request was too big or small for her to handle and all of our guests had a great meal and a fabulous evening socializing. Thanks for everything Megan!

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • Maddi

Maddi · Married on 03/26/2016

This venue was the absolute epitome of class, beauty, glamour, and amazing "customer service"! The entire wedding weekend was held at the Hilton - the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and Sunday brunch. Kayla and Megan are wedding guru goddesses! Every detail was addressed and taken care of with such care. My husband and I, as well as every single one of our wedding attendees, would recommend the Hilton Center City in Uptown Charlotte!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Megan and her team at the Hilton Charlotte Center City were OUTSTANDING. We had a traditional Indian wedding ceremony, with many moving pieces and parts. They worked tirelessly to ensure that everything went off without a hitch through the whole weekend. I will HIGHLY recommend this team to my friends and family who will be hosting events in Charlotte from here on out!

Sent on 05/12/2016