Hillside Studios Reviews

Hillside Studios 5
Hillside Studios 6
Hillside Studios 7

Dana H · Married on 11/10/2018

Best pictures I’ve ever had taken

Loved Kristi and all of her work. She sent a second photographer, Emily, who did an amazing job as well. Has a great eye for scenery and backdrops!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Hillside Studios 8
    Hillside Studios 9
    Hillside Studios 10

K. Carson · Married on 09/27/2018

Hillside Studios

Best decision I made for our wedding was hiring Kristi as our photographer! Never worried once about any of it! The photos turned out beyond amazing! I would highly recommend her for any of your photo needs!!!

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2018

Phenomenal!

We don't have enough kind words to describe the quality of service we received from Kristi! We go both Engagement and Wedding photos from Kristi and could not be happier with the outcome! In total, we had 2 sit-down meetings with Kristi, one engagement session that yielded 100 engagement shots (50 BW, 50 Color), a bit more than 2,000 (1,000 BW, 1,000 Color) pictures from the wedding day, access to an online library of all our edited, non-watermarked photos for download, and 2 kits containing USBs, hard copy prints, and notes from Kristi. For what we paid, we got so much more than we hoped was possible!
    Through the entire planning process, she was very responsive to all our questions, mindful about our vision, and respectful of our budget. She got back to us quickly and always wanted to make sure all our questions were answered. So thorough and organized!
    On the big day, she was invaluable in capturing the all the beautiful moments we would have missed just because of the craziness of the day. The pictures she gave us are just stunning. She was so efficient in her ability to maneuver though the venue and utilize our day-of-schedule to capture our biggest and brightest moments. She definitely knows her was around a wedding and made it look totally seamless!
    My sister, who isn't even engaged yet, asked that I keep her contact info for when it comes time for her wedding! She was an invaluable member of our wedding team! Thank you, Kristi!

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Hillside Studios 20
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/12/2018

Kristi is a delight!

Kristi is so amazing!! She brought a relaxed and professional energy to our wedding that we sorely needed. We had a lot of very stressful last-minute issues with our venue, but you would not have known it from the way Kristi captured our day. She has a very intuitive style that really made a difference for me as someone with a lot of anxiety. We wanted to have photos that were more "fly on the wall" shots because my husband and I both get pretty uncomfortable being in front of the camera. When we got our pictures back, I was so happy with the way she noticed and captured the best parts of our wedding-- especially the times where we thought no one was looking! We look relaxed and natural in every shot, and she even did a great job of taking posed shots quickly so we could get to our reception. I love looking back at our pictures and seeing the details she noticed that I hadn't thought of. I also loved the package she sent us with a personalized box of photos-- what a great keepsake. Thanks Kristi!!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Mary · Married on 06/02/2018

When you decide to work with Kristi, you definitely made the right choice! Kristi’s photos truly are a work of art and she makes the whole process so much fun! There is no pressure or awkwardness in the process. She specializes in capturing authentic moments that are later developed into beautiful photos. The way she works with natural lighting is amazing. We originally hired Kristi for our engagement photos in Colorado, however her talent and personality is so wonderful that we took her with us to Vermont to capture our wedding. Her calming, easy-going personality has a way of making you open up and instantly feel comfortable with her, which shows in your pictures. When you work with Kristi, you work with a friend. In addition to her amazing talent, she is quick to respond to messages, very fairly priced, and fast in getting you the final product. The final product contains beautifully edited photos with a copy of each picture in both black and white and color. She puts lots of thought into her entire work, even down to her packaging presentation. We couldn’t have made a better choice than Kristi!

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Hillside Studios 30
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 01/14/2018

Happy Bride

Kristi was great to work with! She was flexible and willing to drive all the way to Vail in the wintertime for our wedding. She was prompt in her delivery of pictures after the event and went out of her way to make the day special. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer for any special event!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Hillside Studios 31

Britta · Married on 10/14/2017

Kristi was super great to work with. She customized a package to fit our budget and the pictures turned out great. She made us feel super comfortable and worked really hard at our wedding. She also helped a friend out on some pictures for a last minute gift and was able to fit her in and get her the pictures in time. Super great to work with.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Lindsay · Married on 09/30/2017

Kristi is/was amazing. She was very quick to respond to all my questions. She also was very accommodating when it came to payments. On our wedding day the ceremony was beautiful. but when the time came for family photos it started to rain and the wind was CRAZY! she was just going with the flow even when we had to change places to hide from the rain. She also worked very well with our wedding videographer. It was great! I have only seen teasers on Facebook of my photos and WOW! out of the 5 or 6 she posted were amazing. I cannot wait to see the final package! if you need a photographer hire this one! she really is an amazing person and an amazing photographer. I will be using her for future photos with family!

(Below are some of the teasers she had on Facebook)

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Hillside Studios 32
    Hillside Studios 33
    Hillside Studios 34
    Hillside Studios 35

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful words, Lindsay! You guys were amazing and I loved working with all of you! I'll be in touch with the final photos soon!
  • Steffanie27

Steffanie · Married on 09/11/2017

I haven't even had my wedding yet but already I can't say enough good about Kristi. Such a kind, caring and understanding person, totally picked up on my camera-shyness and worked with me (and the fiance) to take amazing engagement photos. Her quality is top notch! Even when my venue up and cancelled on me, Kristi was so understanding and was able to accommodate us no problem. She's also answered EVERY question I've had and been super nice during the entire process. I'm looking forward to working with her during the actual wedding

Sent on 11/29/2016

Dani · Married on 06/25/2017

Loved working with Kristi and Hillside Studios and would highly recommend to anyone else! I did engagement pictures, boudoir photos and our wedding with her and I absolutely loved each and every experience! Kristi is very responsive to questions and emails about scheduling or what to expect during your sessions. She does a great job of using both staged photos alongside the candids to get a great variety in the end. She scoped out the location for our wedding photos ahead of time in order to show me options ahead of time of backdrops and shots we could do. Will definitely be in touch with Kristi again for any future photography needs!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Stephenie · Married on 06/03/2017

Kristi at Hillside Studios was amazing!! She was so easy to work with and made our day more perfect than I could've ever imagined. And the pictures turned out fantastic!!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Jenna · Married on 05/27/2017

I met Kristi at a wedding expo and knew right away that she was going to be our wedding photographer! Since that very first day, Kristi has become like family to us! She did our engagement pictures, a boudoir session, traveled to Alaska for us - which included a helicopter ride to a glacier the day after our ceremony - and she drove to Colorado Springs to capture our wedding reception. Not only does she have a relaxed, fun loving personality but her work is phenomenal! We could not be happier with our decision and we highly recommend Kristi!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Beatriz · Married on 10/06/2016

We met Kristi to see if she would click with us as a couple and we were not disappointed. She drove down form Greeley to meet us in Denver and answered all my 9one hundred questions. She was very helpful in telling us what we could expect from her and what she needed from us. I feel like if I went through a major photography studio that we would just be one of many couples that pass through every week. With Kristi we know that she is invested in our day (even offering to attended the dress rehearsal for no extra cost)

Sent on 05/08/2016

Kristi did a wonderful job with our photos and was more than accommodating to meet up with us before hand to get a plan in set for the day of. Kristi on the day of was one of the main things I felt went right on my wedding day. Sweet gal and very professional. We'd definitely choose her again

Sent on 08/23/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/14/2015

Kristi was just amazing. She helped us out with the budget we had and really worked with us to find the best times and places to take our wedding pictures. Kristi has an eye for some amazing photo shots and we were so pleased when we saw our wedding photos, we had people asking for her number to hire her for their own! When we asked Kristi to help us pose and give us ideas she was on it, she sparked not only the romantic and timeless photos but the fun ones as well. I can't say enough how happy we are with what we got.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you, Jenni! I truly enjoyed working with you and your families!

Rebecca · Married on 10/24/2015

I spent a lot of time doing research to find the right photographer for us before selecting Hillside Studios. Kristi is approachable, warm, professional, kind, responsive and talented! It seemed like all the pictures I saw online of weddings were models. I thought I didn't have a shot at pictures that great being ordinary and somewhat overweight myself but I did want to document the occasion. I couldn't have been more wrong - Kristi made me feel at ease, listened to my concerns and told me how she works with all body types to get the best pictures. She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and our photos came out stunning. We have received so many compliments.

Kristi went the extra mile repeatedly. She picked a great location for us for the engagement session since we didn't have one in mind, she was very responsive to questions I had during the process, she had not been to our venue before and asked to attend the walkthrough so she could make sure there were no issues for the big day (even scouting a couple picturesque locations for the big day a little down the road from our venue and driving us there on our wedding day to get the perfect shot). On the wedding day Kristi was a superstar. I did not use a wedding planner and it was organized chaos with the caterer and family setting up. Everything went very smoothly but I had less time than I expected to do some pre-wedding photos with Kristi. She was a calming influence and was completely understanding. She would unobtrusively come and get the things she needed for the before photos (rings, dress etc.) to give me the time I needed. She worked from my list and made sure I had every photo I wanted in addition to the ones she planned. While getting dressed the men didn't know how to do boutonnières - Kristi immediately said she would take care of it and took her camera to get some great shots while she was at it! So grateful to Hillside Studios for helping make our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 02/13/2016

Hillside Studios's reply:

Becky! Thank you and Patrick so much for the AMAZING review! Your response is exactly why I do the job I do and I'm so happy I could help make your day just that little extra special. :) You are beautiful, inside and out, and I loved working with you and your families! I'm so grateful you chose to work with me.

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2015

Kristi was amazing and an absolute joy to work with! She did our engagement, my boudoir, and our wedding. She made me feel super comfortable and we had so much fun! The pictures she took were stunning and she captured so many special moments for us to treasure forever!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Laura · Married on 08/09/2015

Kristi was amazing! She was so relaxing and made us enjoy every minute of the day! She also did amazing work!!! Love her!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thanks, Laura! It was wonderful working with you all! Thanks for having me.

Caroline · Married on 06/05/2015

Kristi shot our wedding about a year ago and we couldn't be happier with our photos and her work. My husband and I currently live in Atlanta but wanted to have our wedding where I grew up (in Loveland). Kristi was very responsive over email and easily navigated questions from my mother (who was local) and myself (who was not). She was open to ideas we had for photos as well as willing to make smart suggestions about what would work for our engagement and wedding photos. She even worked to include all the photos we wanted in our album, even though we far exceeded the recommended number. And moreover, when we were slow responding to her due to family illness, she was patient and kind (case in point, she has not bothered me to write this review even though a year has passed).

On my wedding day, I barely noticed her taking photos but was amazed by the number of wonderful candid photos she was able to take. Her photos were artistic and well shot, which was part of the reason it was so difficult to narrow down the photos we wanted in our album. Our venue was unique in that it was a theater where we had full control of the way the stage looked. Kristi was willing to come to our rehearsal to work with the lighting technician and make suggestions for how to set up the stage for good photographs. i felt like she went above and beyond the requirements for shooting our wedding.

I felt her prices were reasonable and a good bargain given the quality of her work. Her packages included a great deal including engagement photos, consultations, set-up (like coming to the rehearsal dinner), coming to the venue independently, and the hours spent photographing on the day.

All in all, I have no reservations recommending her to other brides. Her quiet confidence and kindness were a reassuring presence in what is inevitably a monumental task-- planning and executing a wedding.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Sandi · Married on 05/26/2015

Kristi Hill of Hillside studios was amazing for our daughter's Estes Park, CO destination wedding. Kristi worked with us to customize the photography package that fit into our budget. She gave us a discount for the weekday wedding also!. Her photos truly captured the feeling that Erin was looking for.They were softly romantic and everything a young bride wants to see herself inserted into. Kristi is creative, professional, friendly and makes her subjects feel at ease, which is so important to capture beautiful photos. Thank you Kristi! You and your work are beautiful!
    Sandi Wonders
    NW Ohio

Sent on 06/05/2015

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Sandi! I truly enjoyed working with you and your families.

Lisa · Married on 05/24/2015

Kristi was AMAZING to work with!! We decided to book our wedding in Estes Park, Colorado after seeing her beautiful photographs in the mountains and HAD to have her photograph our big day! Her price was extremely reasonable and a lot less than other photographers we talked to! Her work was our favorite by far so it was a no-brainer booking her. She was flexible with her pricing and accommodated our budget and needs no-problem. She was very responsive and quick to answer questions which was such a relief for us, planning the wedding out of state. Kristi was wonderful on our big day - she had a schedule planned out with us and kept us on track while being flexible and spontaneous at the same time, capturing planned shots and some really awesome candid ones! She even captured some truly amazing photos of our 3 dogs - which is not easy to do! We are SO happy with how are photos turned out, they are beautiful and creative! She even had a fast turn around, we got our photos back so much faster than expected - some the day after the wedding! Kristi is extremely talented and good at what she does - I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 06/24/2015

She does an amazing job ! I'm obsessed with my wedding photos they turned out great. I would highly recommend her, and the price is not outrageous for the quality ! Thank you Kristi, you rock!
    Molly & Chris

Sent on 06/11/2015

Amanda · Married on 01/31/2015

Love, Love, Love Kristi! She did a fantastic job and I have so many beautiful photos from my special day! I will use her for everything needing pictures in my life! She's so sweet and super creative! Very easy to work with! She shows up and does exactly what you'd expect from a great photographer!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Kristi is an amazing photographer, and she is so much fun to work with! She took both engagement and wedding photos for us, and we could not be more pleased with her work. She is extremely professional but also very friendly and easy-going, and she is a very hard worker! We really appreciate how she captured the uniqueness of our wedding and us as a couple. She was also willing to travel a bit out of her normal area to photograph our wedding, for which we are so grateful. We highly recommend Hillside Studios for any photography needs!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Danielle · Married on 07/12/2014

Kristi was always quick to respond to emails, and very flexible when it came to meetings (either face to face or email or the phone). She is very professional, timely and creative. She captured some amazing pictures of our day. She made my fiance feel comfortable when doing both engagement and Wedding pictures which helped him to enjoy the pictures, the process and love how they turned out. I will highly recommend Kristi to anyone and everyone for any event!! She is priceless!!!!

Sent on 08/14/2014