Hillside Studios Reviews

53 Hillside Studios Reviews
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/12/2018

Kristi is a delight!

Kristi is so amazing!! She brought a relaxed and professional energy to our wedding that we sorely needed. We had a lot of very stressful last-minute issues with our venue, but you would not have known it from the way Kristi captured our day. She has a very intuitive style that really made a difference for me as someone with a lot of anxiety. We wanted to have photos that were more "fly on the wall" shots because my husband and I both get pretty uncomfortable being in front of the camera. When we got our pictures back, I was so happy with the way she noticed and captured the best parts of our wedding-- especially the times where we thought no one was looking! We look relaxed and natural in every shot, and she even did a great job of taking posed shots quickly so we could get to our reception. I love looking back at our pictures and seeing the details she noticed that I hadn't thought of. I also loved the package she sent us with a personalized box of photos-- what a great keepsake. Thanks Kristi!!!

Mary · Married on 06/02/2018

When you decide to work with Kristi, you definitely made the right choice! Kristi’s photos truly are a work of art and she makes the whole process so much fun! There is no pressure or awkwardness in the process. She specializes in capturing authentic moments that are later developed into beautiful photos. The way she works with natural lighting is amazing. We originally hired Kristi for our engagement photos in Colorado, however her talent and personality is so wonderful that we took her with us to Vermont to capture our wedding. Her calming, easy-going personality has a way of making you open up and instantly feel comfortable with her, which shows in your pictures. When you work with Kristi, you work with a friend. In addition to her amazing talent, she is quick to respond to messages, very fairly priced, and fast in getting you the final product. The final product contains beautifully edited photos with a copy of each picture in both black and white and color. She puts lots of thought into her entire work, even down to her packaging presentation. We couldn’t have made a better choice than Kristi!

Hillside Studios 1
    Hillside Studios 8
    Hillside Studios 9
    Hillside Studios 10

Britta · Married on 10/14/2017

Kristi was super great to work with. She customized a package to fit our budget and the pictures turned out great. She made us feel super comfortable and worked really hard at our wedding. She also helped a friend out on some pictures for a last minute gift and was able to fit her in and get her the pictures in time. Super great to work with.

Lindsay · Married on 09/30/2017

Kristi is/was amazing. She was very quick to respond to all my questions. She also was very accommodating when it came to payments. On our wedding day the ceremony was beautiful. but when the time came for family photos it started to rain and the wind was CRAZY! she was just going with the flow even when we had to change places to hide from the rain. She also worked very well with our wedding videographer. It was great! I have only seen teasers on Facebook of my photos and WOW! out of the 5 or 6 she posted were amazing. I cannot wait to see the final package! if you need a photographer hire this one! she really is an amazing person and an amazing photographer. I will be using her for future photos with family!

(Below are some of the teasers she had on Facebook)

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Hillside Studios 11
    Hillside Studios 12
    Hillside Studios 13
    Hillside Studios 14

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful words, Lindsay! You guys were amazing and I loved working with all of you! I'll be in touch with the final photos soon!
  • Steffanie27

Steffanie · Married on 09/11/2017

I haven't even had my wedding yet but already I can't say enough good about Kristi. Such a kind, caring and understanding person, totally picked up on my camera-shyness and worked with me (and the fiance) to take amazing engagement photos. Her quality is top notch! Even when my venue up and cancelled on me, Kristi was so understanding and was able to accommodate us no problem. She's also answered EVERY question I've had and been super nice during the entire process. I'm looking forward to working with her during the actual wedding

Dani · Married on 06/25/2017

Loved working with Kristi and Hillside Studios and would highly recommend to anyone else! I did engagement pictures, boudoir photos and our wedding with her and I absolutely loved each and every experience! Kristi is very responsive to questions and emails about scheduling or what to expect during your sessions. She does a great job of using both staged photos alongside the candids to get a great variety in the end. She scoped out the location for our wedding photos ahead of time in order to show me options ahead of time of backdrops and shots we could do. Will definitely be in touch with Kristi again for any future photography needs!

Stephenie · Married on 06/03/2017

Kristi at Hillside Studios was amazing!! She was so easy to work with and made our day more perfect than I could've ever imagined. And the pictures turned out fantastic!!

Beatriz · Married on 10/06/2016

We met Kristi to see if she would click with us as a couple and we were not disappointed. She drove down form Greeley to meet us in Denver and answered all my 9one hundred questions. She was very helpful in telling us what we could expect from her and what she needed from us. I feel like if I went through a major photography studio that we would just be one of many couples that pass through every week. With Kristi we know that she is invested in our day (even offering to attended the dress rehearsal for no extra cost)

Kristi did a wonderful job with our photos and was more than accommodating to meet up with us before hand to get a plan in set for the day of. Kristi on the day of was one of the main things I felt went right on my wedding day. Sweet gal and very professional. We'd definitely choose her again

Jennifer · Married on 11/14/2015

Kristi was just amazing. She helped us out with the budget we had and really worked with us to find the best times and places to take our wedding pictures. Kristi has an eye for some amazing photo shots and we were so pleased when we saw our wedding photos, we had people asking for her number to hire her for their own! When we asked Kristi to help us pose and give us ideas she was on it, she sparked not only the romantic and timeless photos but the fun ones as well. I can't say enough how happy we are with what we got.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you, Jenni! I truly enjoyed working with you and your families!

Rebecca · Married on 10/24/2015

I spent a lot of time doing research to find the right photographer for us before selecting Hillside Studios. Kristi is approachable, warm, professional, kind, responsive and talented! It seemed like all the pictures I saw online of weddings were models. I thought I didn't have a shot at pictures that great being ordinary and somewhat overweight myself but I did want to document the occasion. I couldn't have been more wrong - Kristi made me feel at ease, listened to my concerns and told me how she works with all body types to get the best pictures. She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and our photos came out stunning. We have received so many compliments.

Kristi went the extra mile repeatedly. She picked a great location for us for the engagement session since we didn't have one in mind, she was very responsive to questions I had during the process, she had not been to our venue before and asked to attend the walkthrough so she could make sure there were no issues for the big day (even scouting a couple picturesque locations for the big day a little down the road from our venue and driving us there on our wedding day to get the perfect shot). On the wedding day Kristi was a superstar. I did not use a wedding planner and it was organized chaos with the caterer and family setting up. Everything went very smoothly but I had less time than I expected to do some pre-wedding photos with Kristi. She was a calming influence and was completely understanding. She would unobtrusively come and get the things she needed for the before photos (rings, dress etc.) to give me the time I needed. She worked from my list and made sure I had every photo I wanted in addition to the ones she planned. While getting dressed the men didn't know how to do boutonnières - Kristi immediately said she would take care of it and took her camera to get some great shots while she was at it! So grateful to Hillside Studios for helping make our wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 02/13/2016

Hillside Studios's reply:

Becky! Thank you and Patrick so much for the AMAZING review! Your response is exactly why I do the job I do and I'm so happy I could help make your day just that little extra special. :) You are beautiful, inside and out, and I loved working with you and your families! I'm so grateful you chose to work with me.

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2015

Kristi was amazing and an absolute joy to work with! She did our engagement, my boudoir, and our wedding. She made me feel super comfortable and we had so much fun! The pictures she took were stunning and she captured so many special moments for us to treasure forever!

Laura · Married on 08/09/2015

Kristi was amazing! She was so relaxing and made us enjoy every minute of the day! She also did amazing work!!! Love her!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thanks, Laura! It was wonderful working with you all! Thanks for having me.

Caroline · Married on 06/05/2015

Kristi shot our wedding about a year ago and we couldn't be happier with our photos and her work. My husband and I currently live in Atlanta but wanted to have our wedding where I grew up (in Loveland). Kristi was very responsive over email and easily navigated questions from my mother (who was local) and myself (who was not). She was open to ideas we had for photos as well as willing to make smart suggestions about what would work for our engagement and wedding photos. She even worked to include all the photos we wanted in our album, even though we far exceeded the recommended number. And moreover, when we were slow responding to her due to family illness, she was patient and kind (case in point, she has not bothered me to write this review even though a year has passed).

On my wedding day, I barely noticed her taking photos but was amazed by the number of wonderful candid photos she was able to take. Her photos were artistic and well shot, which was part of the reason it was so difficult to narrow down the photos we wanted in our album. Our venue was unique in that it was a theater where we had full control of the way the stage looked. Kristi was willing to come to our rehearsal to work with the lighting technician and make suggestions for how to set up the stage for good photographs. i felt like she went above and beyond the requirements for shooting our wedding.

I felt her prices were reasonable and a good bargain given the quality of her work. Her packages included a great deal including engagement photos, consultations, set-up (like coming to the rehearsal dinner), coming to the venue independently, and the hours spent photographing on the day.

All in all, I have no reservations recommending her to other brides. Her quiet confidence and kindness were a reassuring presence in what is inevitably a monumental task-- planning and executing a wedding.

Sandi · Married on 05/26/2015

Kristi Hill of Hillside studios was amazing for our daughter's Estes Park, CO destination wedding. Kristi worked with us to customize the photography package that fit into our budget. She gave us a discount for the weekday wedding also!. Her photos truly captured the feeling that Erin was looking for.They were softly romantic and everything a young bride wants to see herself inserted into. Kristi is creative, professional, friendly and makes her subjects feel at ease, which is so important to capture beautiful photos. Thank you Kristi! You and your work are beautiful!
    Sandi Wonders
    NW Ohio

Sent on 06/05/2015

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Sandi! I truly enjoyed working with you and your families.

Lisa · Married on 05/24/2015

Kristi was AMAZING to work with!! We decided to book our wedding in Estes Park, Colorado after seeing her beautiful photographs in the mountains and HAD to have her photograph our big day! Her price was extremely reasonable and a lot less than other photographers we talked to! Her work was our favorite by far so it was a no-brainer booking her. She was flexible with her pricing and accommodated our budget and needs no-problem. She was very responsive and quick to answer questions which was such a relief for us, planning the wedding out of state. Kristi was wonderful on our big day - she had a schedule planned out with us and kept us on track while being flexible and spontaneous at the same time, capturing planned shots and some really awesome candid ones! She even captured some truly amazing photos of our 3 dogs - which is not easy to do! We are SO happy with how are photos turned out, they are beautiful and creative! She even had a fast turn around, we got our photos back so much faster than expected - some the day after the wedding! Kristi is extremely talented and good at what she does - I would recommend to anyone!

She does an amazing job ! I'm obsessed with my wedding photos they turned out great. I would highly recommend her, and the price is not outrageous for the quality ! Thank you Kristi, you rock!
    Molly & Chris

Amanda · Married on 01/31/2015

Love, Love, Love Kristi! She did a fantastic job and I have so many beautiful photos from my special day! I will use her for everything needing pictures in my life! She's so sweet and super creative! Very easy to work with! She shows up and does exactly what you'd expect from a great photographer!

Kristi is an amazing photographer, and she is so much fun to work with! She took both engagement and wedding photos for us, and we could not be more pleased with her work. She is extremely professional but also very friendly and easy-going, and she is a very hard worker! We really appreciate how she captured the uniqueness of our wedding and us as a couple. She was also willing to travel a bit out of her normal area to photograph our wedding, for which we are so grateful. We highly recommend Hillside Studios for any photography needs!

Danielle · Married on 07/12/2014

Kristi was always quick to respond to emails, and very flexible when it came to meetings (either face to face or email or the phone). She is very professional, timely and creative. She captured some amazing pictures of our day. She made my fiance feel comfortable when doing both engagement and Wedding pictures which helped him to enjoy the pictures, the process and love how they turned out. I will highly recommend Kristi to anyone and everyone for any event!! She is priceless!!!!

Amy · Married on 06/28/2014

Kristi is amazing! She takes amazing photos!

Hayley · Married on 06/21/2014

We were so lucky to be a part of another wedding where Kristi was the photographer, we knew right away we wanted her to be the photographer at our wedding. We had such a wonderful experience with Kristi from start to finish. She took the time to learn about us so she could capture our wedding in a way that truly represented us as a couple. The end result was better than we could have expected. Everything she sent us was so well done, she is a true artist and we would highly recommended her. Having high quality wedding photos was one of the most important things to us when planning our wedding and Kristi definitely provided that for us.

Jenny · Married on 05/24/2014

Kristi was great to work with. Very professional and easy going. She took amazing pictures and really captured the beauty of the day. We would definately work with her again.

I used Hillside Studios for both my engagement and wedding photos. The entire experience was fantastic and the pictures were exactly what we wanted! Kristi meets with you to get an idea of your theme and "look" for the pictures. I picked Kristi over the other photographers we met with because she understood that each couple/wedding is unique and wants a different feel and theme. She worked with my fiance and me very closely to ensure that she captured our theme and look in our pictures. She was open to pose/photography ideas and we were able to send her ideas from Pinterest to give her an idea of what we wanted. She researches the shoot locations (and scouts the wedding location) beforehand and creates a timeline/storyboard so that nothing is missed. She is great at posing people and getting candids and emotion out of people in pictures. I would highly recommend Hillside Studios to other brides!