Hillside Studios Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Cari
    Cari B. Married on 02/09/2022

Couldn't Have Asked For More, Highly Recommend

Kristi could not have done a better job with our wedding photos, we highly recommend! She was flexible with timing and changes as we navigated having a small wedding in 2020. She has such a way with integrating nature and your surroundings into the photographs without taking away the highlight around the people in them. We've only seen the sneak peak photos so far but even with just seeing those we are completely satisfied. I even got many compliments from family and friends that she was a joy to be around and appeared to be doing an awesome job photographing every element of our wedding day. You won't go wrong with Hillside Studios.

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you so much, Cari! It was amazing working with you! And I will get the rest of those photos to you soon!
  • Chris
    Chris B. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best vendor choice for my wedding!

From my initial phone call with Kristi until receiving my final package with the most thoughtfully curated box of pictures a few weeks after the wedding, I had the best experience. She was incredibly easy to work with, understood the types of poses we preferred and overall look to our photos, and managed to take some of the best pictures I’ve ever been in. The day of the wedding was quite hectic and I never had to worry about making sure all the best moments were being captured because Kristi and her assistant captured everything. Kristi’s prices are competitive and you definitely receive optimal value. I hope to one day have a reason to use Kristi as my photographer again because she was so much fun to work with!
  • Meghan
    Meghan R. Married on 09/23/2021

Always a great job

Kristi has done mine and my siblings graduation pictures and wedding pictures! We’ve stuck with her because she always does a fantastic job and knows what will look great. She’s always responsive, helpful, and amazing at what she does!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Keysha A. Married on 09/03/2021

Incredible

Absolutely incredible! Kristi was such a professional at all times but still extremely personable. She made everything smooth and was such a pleasure to work with. She was flexible through some of our changes and always accommodated our requests. Just remarkable. All around.
  • Abby
    Abby C. Married on 08/21/2021

Beautiful Photos!

Kristi was awesome! She was great to work with, flexible, and the photos from our wedding day are gorgeous. Her prices were reasonable, and she really captured the romantic/intimate feel that I wanted. She also sent prints of almost all the photos of my now-husband and I together, which is great because I usually never bother to actually get photos printed. They came in a beautiful gift box, with a USB of all the photos. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding!
  • Emma
    Emma V. Married on 06/19/2021

Wonderful!

Kristi was super easy to work with, and took absolutely beautiful photos of our wedding.

We met Kristi at a wedding show and loved her photos, and when we met with her she was very easy to talk to and get along with. She was very flexible and worked with us to reschedule our wedding when we had to postpone due to Covid, and even made an extra trip up to our venue before the wedding since she hadn't shot there before.

The photos themselves are gorgeous. Our wedding was outdoors on a beautiful summer day, and I had put a lot of thought into picking out the colors of our decor, and she captured it all perfectly. She also took great pictures of our dog, who was in the ceremony and doesn't generally cooperate all that well with photos.

We spent a little bit more than we originally intended to on photos, and it took a little bit longer to get the final product, but it was totally worth the extra money and time. Highly recommend!
    Cheryl Married on 12/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So Personable and Accommodating!

Kristi was so wonderful to work with! She was very flexible and offered to meet my husband and me at a location convenient to us. She took the time to get to know us before giving us "the spiel". We decided on a package that included an engagement photo shoot, but we never had the time to schedule the shoot.. So, Kristi allowed us to use those funds towards a wedding album. Our wedding day really did fly by, but my most memorable moments were those captured by Kristi of my husband and me.
    Danielle Married on 06/26/2019

Photography that included kindness to all Family and Friends

Our experience with Kristi was as fantastic as the first time we met to review her portfolio. Kristi is professional however she was like family during our wedding due to her ability to show kindness, assist where others could not and still maintain her artistic ability to capture moments that otherwise would have been missed by someone with less photography experience. Kristi listens to your feedback and drives towards capturing the spirit of the wedding in an artistic way that allows you to view your photos and find yourself transported to the best day of your life. Thank you to Kristi and her assistant for making our day one that we will never forget.
    Dana Married on 11/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best pictures I’ve ever had taken

Loved Kristi and all of her work. She sent a second photographer, Emily, who did an amazing job as well. Has a great eye for scenery and backdrops!
  • Alesha
    Alesha Married on 11/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great photos! Couldn't be happier!!!

Kristi is an amazing photographer and an amazing person! She was so flexible with both our wedding and our engagement photos. Our photos were truly breathtaking. We would highly recommend Kristi for ANY photo needs, not just wedding photos. We can't thank her enough for capturing our day!
    K. Carson Married on 09/27/2018

Hillside Studios

Best decision I made for our wedding was hiring Kristi as our photographer! Never worried once about any of it! The photos turned out beyond amazing! I would highly recommend her for any of your photo needs!!!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 09/22/2018

Phenomenal!

We don't have enough kind words to describe the quality of service we received from Kristi! We go both Engagement and Wedding photos from Kristi and could not be happier with the outcome! In total, we had 2 sit-down meetings with Kristi, one engagement session that yielded 100 engagement shots (50 BW, 50 Color), a bit more than 2,000 (1,000 BW, 1,000 Color) pictures from the wedding day, access to an online library of all our edited, non-watermarked photos for download, and 2 kits containing USBs, hard copy prints, and notes from Kristi. For what we paid, we got so much more than we hoped was possible!
    Through the entire planning process, she was very responsive to all our questions, mindful about our vision, and respectful of our budget. She got back to us quickly and always wanted to make sure all our questions were answered. So thorough and organized!
    On the big day, she was invaluable in capturing the all the beautiful moments we would have missed just because of the craziness of the day. The pictures she gave us are just stunning. She was so efficient in her ability to maneuver though the venue and utilize our day-of-schedule to capture our biggest and brightest moments. She definitely knows her was around a wedding and made it look totally seamless!
    My sister, who isn't even engaged yet, asked that I keep her contact info for when it comes time for her wedding! She was an invaluable member of our wedding team! Thank you, Kristi!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 08/12/2018

Kristi is a delight!

Kristi is so amazing!! She brought a relaxed and professional energy to our wedding that we sorely needed. We had a lot of very stressful last-minute issues with our venue, but you would not have known it from the way Kristi captured our day. She has a very intuitive style that really made a difference for me as someone with a lot of anxiety. We wanted to have photos that were more "fly on the wall" shots because my husband and I both get pretty uncomfortable being in front of the camera. When we got our pictures back, I was so happy with the way she noticed and captured the best parts of our wedding-- especially the times where we thought no one was looking! We look relaxed and natural in every shot, and she even did a great job of taking posed shots quickly so we could get to our reception. I love looking back at our pictures and seeing the details she noticed that I hadn't thought of. I also loved the package she sent us with a personalized box of photos-- what a great keepsake. Thanks Kristi!!!
    Mary Married on 06/02/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    When you decide to work with Kristi, you definitely made the right choice! Kristi’s photos truly are a work of art and she makes the whole process so much fun! There is no pressure or awkwardness in the process. She specializes in capturing authentic moments that are later developed into beautiful photos. The way she works with natural lighting is amazing. We originally hired Kristi for our engagement photos in Colorado, however her talent and personality is so wonderful that we took her with us to Vermont to capture our wedding. Her calming, easy-going personality has a way of making you open up and instantly feel comfortable with her, which shows in your pictures. When you work with Kristi, you work with a friend. In addition to her amazing talent, she is quick to respond to messages, very fairly priced, and fast in getting you the final product. The final product contains beautifully edited photos with a copy of each picture in both black and white and color. She puts lots of thought into her entire work, even down to her packaging presentation. We couldn’t have made a better choice than Kristi!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 01/14/2018

Happy Bride

Kristi was great to work with! She was flexible and willing to drive all the way to Vail in the wintertime for our wedding. She was prompt in her delivery of pictures after the event and went out of her way to make the day special. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer for any special event!
    Britta Married on 10/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Kristi was super great to work with. She customized a package to fit our budget and the pictures turned out great. She made us feel super comfortable and worked really hard at our wedding. She also helped a friend out on some pictures for a last minute gift and was able to fit her in and get her the pictures in time. Super great to work with.
    Lindsay Married on 09/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Kristi is/was amazing. She was very quick to respond to all my questions. She also was very accommodating when it came to payments. On our wedding day the ceremony was beautiful. but when the time came for family photos it started to rain and the wind was CRAZY! she was just going with the flow even when we had to change places to hide from the rain. She also worked very well with our wedding videographer. It was great! I have only seen teasers on Facebook of my photos and WOW! out of the 5 or 6 she posted were amazing. I cannot wait to see the final package! if you need a photographer hire this one! she really is an amazing person and an amazing photographer. I will be using her for future photos with family!

(Below are some of the teasers she had on Facebook)

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful words, Lindsay! You guys were amazing and I loved working with all of you! I'll be in touch with the final photos soon!
  • Steffanie27
    Steffanie Married on 09/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I haven't even had my wedding yet but already I can't say enough good about Kristi. Such a kind, caring and understanding person, totally picked up on my camera-shyness and worked with me (and the fiance) to take amazing engagement photos. Her quality is top notch! Even when my venue up and cancelled on me, Kristi was so understanding and was able to accommodate us no problem. She's also answered EVERY question I've had and been super nice during the entire process. I'm looking forward to working with her during the actual wedding
    Dani Married on 06/25/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Loved working with Kristi and Hillside Studios and would highly recommend to anyone else! I did engagement pictures, boudoir photos and our wedding with her and I absolutely loved each and every experience! Kristi is very responsive to questions and emails about scheduling or what to expect during your sessions. She does a great job of using both staged photos alongside the candids to get a great variety in the end. She scoped out the location for our wedding photos ahead of time in order to show me options ahead of time of backdrops and shots we could do. Will definitely be in touch with Kristi again for any future photography needs!
    Stephenie Married on 06/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Kristi at Hillside Studios was amazing!! She was so easy to work with and made our day more perfect than I could've ever imagined. And the pictures turned out fantastic!!
    Jenna Married on 05/27/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I met Kristi at a wedding expo and knew right away that she was going to be our wedding photographer! Since that very first day, Kristi has become like family to us! She did our engagement pictures, a boudoir session, traveled to Alaska for us - which included a helicopter ride to a glacier the day after our ceremony - and she drove to Colorado Springs to capture our wedding reception. Not only does she have a relaxed, fun loving personality but her work is phenomenal! We could not be happier with our decision and we highly recommend Kristi!
    Beatriz Married on 10/06/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We met Kristi to see if she would click with us as a couple and we were not disappointed. She drove down form Greeley to meet us in Denver and answered all my 9one hundred questions. She was very helpful in telling us what we could expect from her and what she needed from us. I feel like if I went through a major photography studio that we would just be one of many couples that pass through every week. With Kristi we know that she is invested in our day (even offering to attended the dress rehearsal for no extra cost)
  • User2738542 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Kristi did a wonderful job with our photos and was more than accommodating to meet up with us before hand to get a plan in set for the day of. Kristi on the day of was one of the main things I felt went right on my wedding day. Sweet gal and very professional. We'd definitely choose her again
    Jennifer Married on 11/14/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Kristi was just amazing. She helped us out with the budget we had and really worked with us to find the best times and places to take our wedding pictures. Kristi has an eye for some amazing photo shots and we were so pleased when we saw our wedding photos, we had people asking for her number to hire her for their own! When we asked Kristi to help us pose and give us ideas she was on it, she sparked not only the romantic and timeless photos but the fun ones as well. I can't say enough how happy we are with what we got.

Hillside Studios's reply:

Thank you, Jenni! I truly enjoyed working with you and your families!
    Rebecca Married on 10/24/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I spent a lot of time doing research to find the right photographer for us before selecting Hillside Studios. Kristi is approachable, warm, professional, kind, responsive and talented! It seemed like all the pictures I saw online of weddings were models. I thought I didn't have a shot at pictures that great being ordinary and somewhat overweight myself but I did want to document the occasion. I couldn't have been more wrong - Kristi made me feel at ease, listened to my concerns and told me how she works with all body types to get the best pictures. She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and our photos came out stunning. We have received so many compliments.

Kristi went the extra mile repeatedly. She picked a great location for us for the engagement session since we didn't have one in mind, she was very responsive to questions I had during the process, she had not been to our venue before and asked to attend the walkthrough so she could make sure there were no issues for the big day (even scouting a couple picturesque locations for the big day a little down the road from our venue and driving us there on our wedding day to get the perfect shot). On the wedding day Kristi was a superstar. I did not use a wedding planner and it was organized chaos with the caterer and family setting up. Everything went very smoothly but I had less time than I expected to do some pre-wedding photos with Kristi. She was a calming influence and was completely understanding. She would unobtrusively come and get the things she needed for the before photos (rings, dress etc.) to give me the time I needed. She worked from my list and made sure I had every photo I wanted in addition to the ones she planned. While getting dressed the men didn't know how to do boutonnières - Kristi immediately said she would take care of it and took her camera to get some great shots while she was at it! So grateful to Hillside Studios for helping make our wedding dreams come true!

Hillside Studios's reply:

Becky! Thank you and Patrick so much for the AMAZING review! Your response is exactly why I do the job I do and I'm so happy I could help make your day just that little extra special. :) You are beautiful, inside and out, and I loved working with you and your families! I'm so grateful you chose to work with me.
illustration stars