Hildene Reviews

62 | Manchester, VT

62 Reviews for Hildene

Elizabeth · Married on 08/17/2013

Sheila, Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Our wedding was absolutely amazing and you could not have been easier to work with.

The weather in mid-August was perfect, the views were spectacular and the overall service was fantastic. Sheila even drove us home in a separate bus after the wedding. There's only one choice for food, and we couldn't have been happier with Pangea. There's also only one florist option, Nancy Bishop, and she was full of thoughtful ideas and her pricing was fair.

Sent on 09/22/2013
  • I

INGRID · Married on 07/07/2012

The venue is a dream, and the Hildene staff starting with Sheila the wedding coordinator is wonderful to work with. If you want to wow your guest I highly recommend this venue, truly a breath taking place to get married.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2011

Hildene is beautiful!! The people were so great to work with, and everything went perfectly!!couldnt have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 02/02/2012

Sabrina · Married on 09/19/2009

Sheila at the Hildene was amazing. We planned a VT wedding from Hong Kong and we could not have done it with out her! The location was gorgeous and the garden was in full bloom on 9.19.09 when we married. We wed in the back garden and had the reception on the back verandah. The space was perfect for our 60 guests and they were all thrilled with the surroundings! Sheila reccomended all of the vendors and they were all amazing! I trusted her with so much and she got it all done with bells on! This place is truly spectacular and is so romantic and peaceful! I highly reccomend The Hildene and their fantastic team!

Sent on 10/05/2009

J · Married on 09/29/2007

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding at the Hildene last fall, it was everything we had hoped for and more! We had so many comments on how we chose a fairytale location to hold the ceremony and reception. Furthermore, Sheilla was amazingly helpful and put us at ease the moment we met her. I can't say enough about the Hildene, such a special place!

Sent on 08/13/2008

If you are looking for a gorgeous garden wedding to showcase the beautiful landscape of Vermont, Hildene is the perfect place. It encompasses breathtaking views, impeccable service and enriching history all on one. The perfect spot for an intimate or grand wedding that you will remember forever.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Dara Tomeo · Married on 07/13/2019

The team at Hildene helped us create a MAGICAL wedding experience in one of the most romantic, historic and beautiful location!

This venue is classy and the real deal! our TWO wedding co-ordinaries were there through every step and were there night of as well! The food was gourmet, and the flowers were stunning! We were so pleased with the attention to detail, respect and level of service from the wedding co-ordinates Sheila and Carmine, and the professionalism of Nick and Nick from Pangea, the caterers and Peggys crew, the florist, they were ALL so talented and experienced and worked hard to please us which was so important having planned a wedding where the bride and groom live in Atlanta, and parents in Fairfield, CT and Grooms parents in Mass! Even the serving staff was exceptional, multiple guests commented on their service! One escorted my 85 year old parents to shuttle and then tracked me down to let me know they made it! The romantic garden ceremony photos blew us away! It was such a great weekend experience for our guests to peruse the Hildene and take advantage of hiking and shopping in Manchester and then to be treated to the most elegant wedding nestled in the beauty of Hildenes mountains and valleys was simply stunning! I highly recommend this unique and wonder-filled place!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Carolyn · Married on 10/09/2016

I was married in the fall in Hildene and could not have imagined a more picturesque setting for my wedding. While I initially did not want a tented wedding, the moment I drove up the long driveway at Hildene and saw the gorgeous historic mansion, manicured gardens, and sweeping views of the VT countryside, I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else. The beauty of the site is coupled with a rich sense of history and the amazing facilities Hildene offers, including a fully air conditioned and heated tent, bridal suite, golf carts, real bathroom (not always easy to get in a tent!), and more, which all made my wedding day incredibly easy, seamless, and worry-free. Nicole, the on-site coordinator, could not be nicer or more helpful. She really has a passion for what she does, and she is more than happy to help turn your wedding dreams into a reality. She also has an amazing arsenal of wedding resources and vendors in the area, which was really helpful for us as we were from out of town. People are still talking about how beautiful our wedding was, and it was 100% due to the incredible setting at Hildene.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/13/2015

Nicole at Hildene is not your typical wedding planner, she is spunky, fun outgoing and a real blast to work with. She made me feel special throughout every meeting and especially on our wedding day. I couldn't recommend her higher. She's great.
    Hildene is also one of the most special locations - beautiful, serene, majestic. My guests still can't stop talking about how gorgeous it was.

Sent on 08/19/2015
  • ltlredfun

Lori · Married on 07/04/2008

Our summer wedding spot was beautiful. We were married at the promontory, overlooking the Manchester Valley. We walked up to the house for cocktail hour and then on to the reception under the stars. Sheila, the wedding coordinator, was a dream. She covered all the details in the process as we went along.

Sent on 10/08/2008

We had our wedding reception here and LOVE the Hildene. It is a beautiful venue, our guests were blown away by the location - it speaks for itself! It was the most amazing night of our lives for many reasons. The staff is super helpful, and the event planner (Nicole) is amazing - really easy going and fun to work with. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Meera · Married on 06/12/2015

2.4
      2.0
      1.5

This venue combines history with incredible views and gardens. The catering was amazing and the florist was very nice. Their tent can accommodate over 200 people and there is no minimum. The stars given to this review reflect the average of the very positive (which I listed), and not. If this is a destination wedding you may want to hire a planner.

Sent on 08/23/2015