Hildene Reviews

62 | Manchester, VT

62 Reviews for Hildene

Andrea C · Getting married on 02/08/2021

The Perfect Small Wedding/Elopement

Amazing Amazing Team! My husband and I got married with a small group of seventeen people. Sheila and Carmine were beyond helpful every step of the way, and we feel so lucky! After our larger wedding was cancelled because of Covid, we decided to do a smaller wedding/"elopment" with our immediate families, and had only a few weeks to put it together. Despite the small size of our party, there were still a lot of moving parts that Sheila helped with significantly. She was always following up with us to see how things were going with planning/vendors/etc. Everything went smoothly from beginning to finish. It was the most beautiful day and we cannot wait to go back and visit.

Sent on 09/19/2020
  • Mark

Mark Robertson · Married on 01/10/2020

Amazing Service...Even to visiting vendors!!!

Exceptional Hospitality!!!!
    While the grounds and view of the foliage in the mountains is absolutely spectacular, the real gem about Hildene Estate is the Top Notch hospitality that I experienced there.

As a wedding vendor, we know that the we are not the main focus of the day and have come to expect all of the attention, care and even smiles to be reserved for our newlyweds and their guests when working with wedding venues and day-of coordinators. This was not the case when I showed up at Hildene Estate. From the parking attendant who smiled and told me where I could load-in the band's equipment to having a warm green room for the band to relax in during break times, every single need that we had was met with grace and we are so happy to have had such an amazing experience.

While I can't remember everyone's name there that assisted us and this day so memorable for us, be on the lookout for Carmine, Nick, Julie, Parker and Bess....and if for some reason they're not around I am certain that you will be in the best of hands with whoever you will work with there!!!

-Mark
    King Of Hearts Band
    @kingofhearts.ent

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Matthew

Matthew Shagam · Married on 12/10/2019

Absolutely Perfect Weekend

My wife and I were married the second weekend of October, and it was absolutely a perfect weekend. Aside from getting completely lucky on the weather, everything went not only as planned, but wound up being more beautiful and well done than we thought was going to happen. There wasn't a complaint or a suggestion from the 140+ guests as to Hildene - even the most jaded/wealthy were bowled over by the grounds, the house, and the reception. The tent was more beautiful than any "solid" venue I've been in, and the grounds were exactly what the day called for. Sheila and Carmine were very easy to work with, and a few "complications" with dates at the beginning of the process were ironed out quickly and with no fuss. We found them easy to work with, attentive, and on top of all of the details. They have an exclusive catering arrangement with a local restaurant, Pangaea, which had us a little concerned at first, but their cooking and service at the reception was quite frankly as perfect as one could hope for. There wasn't a detail missed! If you're looking for a Vermont semi-outdoors wedding, this is a top-tier, A+ choice.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 10/05/2019

The most beautiful venue with the best team

I can't say enough nice things about the Hildene and their amazing team! Carmine and Sheila were so helpful to us throughout the wedding planning process - from answering questions on event insurance to helping us pick our food and drinks for the reception. They are experts at executing weddings and as a result our entire day went so smoothly. The home itself is beautiful and the gardens are impeccably kept - you couldn't ask for a better view for a ceremony/cocktail hour. All the vendors Carmine and Sheila recommended were professional and a joy to work with too. The Hildene is already a special spot for my husband's family since his cousin got married there and his grandparents celebrated their 50th anniversary there but Carmine/Sheila and their team made it even more special for us!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Ian

Ian O'Loughlin · Married on 09/06/2019

Incredible Venue backed by an amazing team

Can't say enough about the Hildene as a venue but also Sheila and Carmine as a team to help us prepare and guide us through our wedding day. The views during our ceremony and cocktail hour were why we picked the Hildene as our dream venue, and it was such a great experience to share with our friends and family (all of which are from out of town). Beyond that, however, Sheila and Carmine made sure that our big day went off without a hitch and addressed any needs we brought to their attention. They are a joy to work with and we couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Perry Polakoff · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely amazing! The property is STUNNING, Carmine and Sheila are incredible, and Pangea and Lily of the Valley (catering and florist) are amazing. It seriously is the best team and it was such a pleasure to work with everyone. Hildene was the first and only wedding venue we looked at, it was pure perfection!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Lauren · Married on 07/27/2019

Hildene is amazing!

My husband and I got married this past July at Hildene and it was the best decision we have ever made! Hildene is one of the most beautiful wedding venues - the gardens and views are breathtaking and the Hildene event staff are amazing!! From the first conversation to our wedding day - Carmine and Sheila were outstanding! They answered all of our questions and made us feel like the king and queen on our wedding day! Both Carmine and Sheila are so friendly, warm and welcoming and made us feel like family. I was a little worried about the logistics and the tent, but the entire Hildene team was on it 100 percent and worked with our coordinator to bring our wedding vision to life! After the wedding, our guests are still raving about what a beautiful venue Hildene is - is really is a special place!!If you are questioning booking Hildene for your wedding - dont - just book now!

Sent on 02/26/2020

Sheila mccrossin · Married on 07/20/2019

A magical place for a wedding!!

I am anxious to express my appreciation and gratitude to the staff at Hildene for making my daughter Ashley’s wedding in July a monumental and memorable triumph. Specifically, Carmine Cole (Director of Wedding and Private Functions) and his assistant Sheila Burks, were the architects of an event that managed to exceed even our lofty expectations; no mean feat, given that we have spent our Summers in Manchester all our lives, were well aware of Hildene’s reputation for excellence in staging weddings, and had formed a conception for how the day would unfold that was vivid and richly detailed. Observing and experiencing the process by which Carmine and Sheila brought Ashley’s vision to fruition would literally have to have been seen to be believed.

The professionalism and efficiency that Carmen and Sheila demonstrated throughout, moreover, never came at the expense of their considerable patience and charm. No one planning the most important day of her life could do better than Hildene.

I seriously miss them both after the year of working with them, because besides their first rate attention to detail, they are so much fun to be with.I can’t say enough about the beauty of Hildene and the beauty of being able to work with Carmine and Sheila.

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Jim

Jim Tomeo · Married on 07/13/2019

The Hildene

My oldest daughter fell in love with the house and gardens at the Hildene. She and her husband are outdoor people who love everything about Vermont so it made sense to consider this Hildene Lincoln Family Home and its majestic splendor. I came into the relationship with measured expectations but Carmine, Sheila and the Catering staff exceeded them at every level. Can’t say enough about this beautiful Home of hospitality and can honestly say you won’t be disappointed if you agree to have Hildene to host your wedding event.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/13/2019

Hildene was the perfect choice

I would absolutely recommend the Hildene to anyone thinking about having their wedding there. It only took one visit to the gardens for me to know that I had found my venue--and I wasn't even engaged at the time! When it came time for my husband and I to book a venue, I already knew that the Hildene was our spot, and even though he had never been there before, my husband saw how excited I was about the place and we booked it right away. We could not have had a better wedding planning experience than we did with Sheila, Carmine, Nick and Pangea, Peggy and Lily of the Valley, and the whole Hildene team. It was the most magical weekend that we will always remember.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 07/04/2019

fairy tale wedding

My husband and I got married at the Hildene in July and it was a a literal dream. It was more then we could have ever imagined. Everyone told us the venue was the best they had ever been too - the green mountains in the background, breathtaking gardens, tent, setting, everything was perfect. The setting really speaks for itself and you need little decorations for ceremony and tent. We met the Hildene's wedding coordinator Carmine in December - 18 months before we got married at the Hildene and we immediately knew that was where we were going to get married. Not only was the venue amazing in December (so we knew it would be even better in the summer) but Carmine was so helpful from the beginning, recommending vendors, providing advice on decorations he liked, suggesting timelines etc. and the day before the wedding he met us to take the decorations we had brought and set them up exactly how we imagined - even the morning of he met us to take some extra decorations to the tent for us. The Hildene and their team were perfect - you will have zero regrets choosing the Hildene as your wedding venue.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 06/29/2019

WITHOUT A DOUBT, the best wedding decision we made was Hildene!

Where to begin- I worked for Hildene as a member of their waitstaff in college. Years later, I came back to the venue with my fiance and our families. From the moment we drove up the driveway, Hildene was the answer to all of our hopes and dreams. The largest reason Hildene was an easy decision for us was the level of confidence I had in the venues execution and to me, that is the most important factor. I remembered the detail and professionalism that went into every wedding I had worked so many years ago and it stuck with me all this time. Today, Carmine greets all his guests with a genuine smile and warm welcome each and every time. Truthfully, we began greeting Carmine with hugs every visit and my Mother and Grandmother still talk about everything he did to be of assistance in all capacities. Carmine went ABOVE and BEYOND to meet every need we requested from escorting my Grandmother in a wheelchair throughout our rehearsal walk through and the big day itself, answering all texts and emails promptly and with the utmost level of customer service. As a previous server for years, there is no comparable quality to top notch customer service across the board. Every single question or situation we asked of his team was well thought out and organized and even provided us with opportunities to improve our wedding in ways we had not considered. Carmine and his assistant, Shiela attended all floral meetings, was cc'd on all vendor requests and this provided our families with the confidence Hildene truly was no rookie, quite truthfully the opposite; they are wedding experts. Their suggestions and guidance from everything from cocktail table layouts, the flow of our ceremony, floral arrangements, escorting guests to dinner, managing our timeline and working with our photographer and videographer was seamless start to finish. There are not enough words of praise or gratitude we can express for Carmine and his team at Hildene. Our wedding was the most breathtaking sight myself and ALL of our guests had ever seen. We still cannot stop receiving reviews from our guests that span coast to coast about everything from the tent, to the level of service, the views, the gardens and the fluidity of our special day. The best decision we ever made was visiting Hildene years later and deciding that was the spot we must have our wedding. Do yourself a favor- meet Carmine and take in the venue for yourself. I promise you will not regret it. Thank you for everything Carmine and Hildene, we love you!!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Julie · Married on 06/01/2019

Beyond my wildest dreams

A picture perfect venue! Carmine, Sheila and their team went above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect wedding. Not only is the team incredibly responsive, but they're proactive and had answers to questions I didn't even know I had. Their preferred vendor list and exclusive vendor relationships with Lily of the Valley Florist and Pangaea Catering made planning a breeze (Both of which exceeded my greatest expectations). Carmine is so familiar with all the vendors he became their point person for the day and took any and all stress off my plate. I briefly panicked during the (last minute) after party that I had forgotten to have the buses stick around to bring everyone home, but despite the wedding being long over and it being well past midnight, Carmine immediately picked up my call and remedied the situation within minutes. I showed up to Hildene on Friday for the rehearsal with a car full of favors and miscellaneous details and returned again on Saturday for the wedding to see my entire vision perfectly realized with no detail left to chance. Our guests were in awe of the mountain views and beautiful gardens and were eager to take a look inside the historic home. And the seasonally permanent tent offers a beautiful blank slate to make your own while also offering a real brick floor and beautifully maintained restrooms. It was the best of all worlds! I was going for "Vermont Elegance" and that's exactly what Hildene achieved. Throughout the night and the days following there were resounding exclamations of "Best wedding ever!" and Carmine and his team along with this breathtaking venue made it all possible!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Megan Cordes · Married on 05/26/2019

An Extraordinary Venue and an Exceptional Team

It’s obvious to everyone that Hildene is a gorgeous and immaculately maintained property. However, what truly makes Hildene the perfect place for a wedding is its private functions team of Carmine Cole and Sheila Burks. Carmine and Sheila are wedding planning veterans who made the planning process a breeze. They are incredibly detail-oriented, responsive, and personable, which made my husband and I feel confident every step of the way, from the day we signed our wedding contract until the last song played at our reception. Hildene’s exclusive vendor relationships with Pangaea Fine Dining and Lily of the Valley Florist took a lot of stress out of the vendor selection process, and we couldn’t have been happier with our food and our flowers. Hildene’s list of recommended vendors was also incredibly helpful, and it made many of our other important selections seem nearly effortless. My husband and I could go on forever singing Hildene’s praises, but all you need to know is that if you choose Hildene for your wedding, you’re in great hands and you won’t regret it!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Heather · Married on 10/06/2018

Hildene is a BREATHTAKING, incredible venue. When we first stepped foot at Hildene during our search for venues, it didn't take much for us to make a decision because it is a beautiful location and the venue itself is really well kept and preserved. The grounds are so beautiful, you don't even need many flowers for the ceremony. Also, the view overlooking the green mountains was incredible, especially in the fall. The tent is large, heated, and looks luxurious - it has a good base for custom lighting and decor.

Carmine and Sheila, the new event team at Hildene, are possibly some of the nicest people we have ever met. Not only are they kind but they are flexible, and willing to work with whatever we asked of them. They were organized and worked excellently with our coordinators from Inspired Occasions. They were excellent at working with all of the vendors and everything went so smoothly without any issues. I can't imagine a better place and team for our wedding!!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Christina · Married on 09/28/2018

We could not have found a more beautiful and perfect venue! We just had our wedding at Hildene on September 28th, 2018 and it was truly magical. The garden, surrounding views and of course the history of Hildene makes this venue one of a kind. The staff were friendly & professional. Carmine, our wedding director, went above and beyond to help make this day the best possible. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, he was incredibly responsive, helpful & professional in every way and it was such a joy working with him! - Nina & AJ

Sent on 10/07/2018

Chris · Married on 09/01/2018

Hildene - The Family Lincoln Family Home is an amazing historical venue with the best view of the Green Mountains. In addition, the staff at Hildene is very accommodating, creative and detailed. Our wedding was beautiful and seamless.

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 08/25/2018

Our wedding at Hildene was magical. From beginning to end, we felt supported by the event staff. We initially worked with Nicole and about a month before the wedding date were introduces to Sheila and Carmine, two of the most hard working, accommodating people I have ever met. They offered so much reassurance and guidance and pulled off what was a flawless wedding day. The Hildene grounds are breathtaking and a remarkable place to bring guests to showcase the breathtaking beauty of Southern VT. Throughout the day we had guests approaching us in awe saying over and over “this is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been”. Still 2 weeks later, we are getting feedback that “that was the most beautiful wedding we have ever been to”. Hildene as a location was exquisite, but moreover, Sheila, Carmine and their staff were a dream team that made the day so positive, easy, and special. I cannot give them enough stars.

(Photos posted are by the very talented Ben Hudson Photopgraphy)

Sent on 09/11/2018

Chris · Married on 10/14/2017

Nicole (and the Hildene team) was incredible to work with both before our wedding and throughout the ceremony and reception. Her ideas and knowledge help give us options to consider as we made choices along the way. And when the day arrived, Nicole was ever-present, yet invisible. She was a steady hand guiding our entire day and we were very fortunate to have her.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

Nicole and her team at Hildene were an absolute pleasure to work with. She went above and beyond at every opportunity to make sure that the wedding planning process was smooth and enjoyable for myself, my fiance, and our families. Her staff members were helpful and polite and, because of this team's hard work and skillful planning, we were able to enjoy every second of our wedding weekend stress-free. Working with Nicole is like having a close friend help make your wedding day perfect. Our exceptional experience is a huge part of why Hildene will forever be a special place for us and our families. Thank you Nicole!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Blair · Married on 09/29/2017

Nicole at the Hildene was an absolute gem to work with. She made everything as easy as possible for us and kept us on schedule throughout the entire process. "Day of" management was equally as amazing, enhancing and adding to the whole experience. Nicole and Hildene can make your dream come true!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Nicole and the entire Hildene team made our wedding a dream come true. Every detail was considered and the day went off without a hitch. Leading up to the wedding, Nicole was a lifesaver - from bouncing ideas off to helping with last-minute changes, I could not have asked for a better coordinator. Our guests remarked how seamless the wedding was and how the staff worked to make sure everyone felt attended to. The grounds were stunning on a warm September day and we look back fondly on our wedding!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Robin · Married on 09/09/2017

The setting was gorgeous and Nicole was amazing. She guided us through every step and we couldn't have done it without her professionalism and suggestions. It was truly a unique wedding and one people are still talking about.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Lexi · Married on 08/31/2017

Nicole is an absolute dream! She had all the right connections and was able to show us the way to make our dream a reality! We have never worked with someone so well versed in their craft and hard working! She made all of our wedding day dreams come true AND THEN SOME! What an angel!

Sent on 11/23/2017