High Point Events Reviews

55 | Clarksburg, MD

55 Reviews for High Point Events

Marilyn Mullan · Getting married on 08/07/2020

Getting married in Covid

If you trying to decide if a wedding during Covid is worth it, I strongly encourage you to talk through your options with Highpoint Catering. Bob Egan is on top of all the health restrictions and is able to think outside the box for how to make your event enjoyable and safe. While my daughter's wedding was not what she originally planned before Covid 19, we were able to put together a wonderful event filled with good memories. The Highpoint staff provided impeccable service and made all our guests feel special. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Barrack · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful!

High point did such an amazing job with our wedding!! Mel, the wedding coordinator was amazing. She is very on point and responsive. She has a great vision and really helped our wedding come together. The whole team did a wonderful job at making all of our dreams come true:)

Sent on 12/17/2019

Jennifer & Patrick,

We are so honored to have been a part of your wedding day. Thank you for entrusting us. It was truly an incredible night and we will remember it for years and years to come.

Cheers to many years of love, health and happiness.

Kindly,
    High Point Events & Catering Team

Margaret Wenzlaff · Married on 10/05/2019

Thereasa Daly

Theresa was extremely accommodating helped me all along the way with the wedding venue as well as set up She helped Coordinate all the different vendors and made it a wonderful day I would recommend High Point any day!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Hi Margaret,

Thanks you so much for your kind words. Our team at High Point Events & Catering thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you and your family, and working with you to plan and execute a perfect wedding day. We are so honored that you trusted us with such an important day and look forward to being here for you for your next special event.
  • Private_User975

Heather · Married on 09/27/2019

Our wedding was a small backyard venue with a barbecue buffet. Since we had a very small wedding, I was a little nervous that our event would not have the same detail and care as a larger event. I am happy to say that this was not the case at all! From my first interactions with High Point Events, everyone was so friendly and helpful. Natasha and Christa helped me with all the details including the linen colors, menu, and timing of our event. Nick helped with the tent visit, dimensions, and setup. The day of, we had an awesome team in Dawn, Monica, and Jesse and we couldn't have asked for better people to setup and help for our wedding. My grandmother and mom were helping with all the logistics and raved about how wonderful the team was! Thank you all so much for helping to make our wedding so wonderful, we wouldn't have changed anything!

Sent on 09/10/2016
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 09/07/2019

Phenomenal from start to finish

We got married at Glen Echo Park, which had a pre-approved caterers list. We were leaning towards High Point because of their upscale BBQ with fun carnival-ish options menu, and the heard that they were reasonably priced and knew Glen Echo Park very well, and it sealed the deal for us. Melody was incredible from our first e-mails, through our calls on the menu, the tasting, the walk through, and the day of. She was always responsive and helpful with our million questions, worked within our vision and budget, willing to talk through ideas and provide options and quotes, and made everything run so smoothly on the day of--we didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was cooked on site and INCREDIBLE. We're still hearing rave reviews from our guests about the food, especially the NY strip steak, mac n cheese bites, and funnel cake fries. Man I want more funnel cake fries. In short, best decision ever!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Dear Kerry & Mark,

Thank you so much for your kind words! You two are an amazing couple and we are honored to be a part of such an exceptionally fun night and ultimately an important and lasting memory for you, your family and friends. We are so happy you enjoyed the experience from start to finish and wish you two a lifetime of happiness.

Cue RENT music and ultimate dance party goals!

Sincerely,
    Melody & the High Point Events & Catering Team

Mary · Married on 09/22/2018

A+ Quality, A+ Value, No Pretentious BS, and the Food's Just Delicious

Our event was at Glen Echo, a federal park, where you must choose from a list of pre-approved caterers. The list included some of DC's most prestigious high-end caterers, which we crossed off right away. We were looking for an informal, down-to-earth vibe with no pretentious fluff, just great food and a warm welcome for our guests.

High Point was a perfect match for us, and I'm so glad we found them! Christa worked with us to create 4 food stations that featured their famous mac and cheese bar, BBQ, sliders, satays, a Mediterranean station, and a salad bar, as well as snacks before and after.

Scott, our chef, met with us in person before the event to go over the menu in detail, and make sure that everything was prepared exactly the way we liked it. We asked that a few items be dairy-free, and it was reassuring that they seemed very experienced at handling food allergies and avoiding cross-contamination.

Christa and Scott were also awesome and flexible about providing the setup for us to bring our own alcohol and cake.

We had 130 guests, and every single person we talked to just raved about the food. They're still raving about the food a month later! We were actually expecting to have some leftovers, but every scrap was gone by the end of the evening, because people kept going back for seconds and thirds.

One of the most thoughtful touches was that every dish was labeled by name, AND the dairy-free dishes were identified as dairy-free. We had so many guests tell us how much they appreciated that, and we had no idea beforehand that they had allergy issues.

We loved working with High Point and would highly recommend them. My only regret is, I wish I'd gotten more to eat!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Noelle · Married on 09/20/2018

So we had a lovely beach wedding planned for September 20, at Surfside Beach, SC. Then hurricane Florence decided we needed to change everything! So, on September 12, we cancelled a beach wedding and went Rustic Barn. I called Patty Malatt at High Point and within minutes we were planning a wedding. In 1 week my daughter and new son-in-law were married at High Point. They were amazing to work with, even more so in such a short amount of time. The menu was exactly what we wanted, a little seafood, a prime rib carving station, a mac and cheese station that was truly an event of it's own, plus chicken, pulled pork and amazing sides! We turned the barn into a magical fairyland with lots of white lights and glitter tulle. I highly recommend High Point for your event. The wedding went off without a hitch, no issues, everything was handled professionally but with a personal touch. My only regret is that I don't have another daughter to get married so we could use them again.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Max · Married on 06/16/2018

My wife and I chose High Point Catering for our June wedding. Christa and her staff exceeded all of our expectations. They were extremely professional the entire time and ensured that everything went smoothly. On the days and weeks leading up to the event, Christa was unbelievable. She was so good at making sure every detail was accounted for and gave us so many good ideas. My wife was calm the entire process because of Christa. We went to the location for the testing and it was great. We chose a buffet style reception, which we had doubts about. Somehow they cooked the food perfectly. The chicken was never dry and the steaks were so good. We were able to drop off the alcohol and decorations at their location a few days before the event. When the day came we didn’t have to worry about anything. If you are planning an event and live in the DMV, don’t hesitate to choose High Point Catering.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Asawin · Married on 06/15/2018

Amazing team. Melody was terrific. Unlike other caterers we talked to in and around DC, High Point did not try to gouge us. We asked for ways to help cut costs and stay in budget, and they were extremely responsive and helpful. Would recommend in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Courtney · Married on 11/11/2017

We used High Point for our wedding reception 11/11/17 at McClintock Distilling Company in downtown Frederick.
    I was a huge pain in the butt with changing our order several times and changing my mind about the room layout lol and Christa/the whole crew we're completely awesome start to finish! They worked with us to figure out the best order of operations for transitioning from ceremony to cocktail hour and so on. The food was SO dang good! Our guests (who happen to be tough critics) were super impressed with the presentation and service.

Christa worked with my coordinator and our rental company to ensure that we had everything we needed for the day to go off without any issues. It was absolutely perfect and we're like looking for another reason to work with them in the future! :)

Thank you Christa for keeping us in check, working with our budget and making our dream wedding a reality!

XOXOXO

Mr + Mrs Dolan

Sent on 11/16/2017

Donna · Married on 11/04/2017

We chose High Point Catering for my daughter's wedding reception and are so happy we did. My daughter and I met with several other caterers before choosing High Point. Both company's seemed to nickel and dime us at each request with the outcome blowing our budget. High Point was very reasonably priced and the quality of the food and service was excellent. Our guests were very impressed and raved about the food. Christa Oden was my daughter's wedding coordinator and she was fabulous. She was very helpful and guided us from the planning stages to the finish. She has a great down to earth personality and was a joy to work with. I highly recommend High Point.
    Donna Belcher, Dickerson, MD

Sent on 11/09/2017

Emily · Married on 09/30/2017

We had our wedding on September 30th of this year. I am not sure how to put in words how incredible the High Point team is. Our coordinator was Christa who from the beginning helped us feel so relaxed about everything. We had a ton of super random questions that she always had an answer for. We had our reception in the barn area (which does take some imagination) but with a little DIY work and Christa's expertise it turned out way better than I ever imagined. A few people mentioned to us it looked like a Pinterest wedding! Everything was so easy, was taken care of and even though I worried like crazy - Christa took care of everything. The entire staff setting up and the day of event staff were so great. I could not have been happier and I HIGHLY recommend High Point for any occasion.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Hilary · Married on 09/09/2017

High Point catered our wedding at Glen Echo park (not an easy venue). I couldn't believe how nice everything looked when we showed up. Everything was set up just as we discussed (with zero effort on our part) and everyone was a big fan of the food. We did fajitas, and High Point was very accommodating in adjusting to our unique menu and adding our favorite items.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/03/2017

Going with High Point Events & Catering was one of the best decisions we made for our big day! I am a Corporate Event planner in Las Vegas, and formerly did Weddings as well. It was very hard for me to find a venue back in Maryland that I felt was worth the price and value, being in the industry. We decided to have the wedding in my (large) backyard, and bring everything in. My husband knew Justin, the Sr Ops and Catering lead, from college, and decided to reach out. He got us connected with Bob and Christa and they were totally on board with creating our Wizard of Oz wedding off property. I flew home one weekend and they took time out to come to the house and see the property. We communicated over email the majority of the time, due to our time difference. We flew back again to do a tasting and they accommodated our schedule and time, on a holiday weekend no-less! I did a lot of the linens and decor myself, and knew the setup and timeline I wanted. Christa was there to assist on all other fronts, and got us a great Tent and DJ. She got me the napkins I wanted, and the chairs and tables too! Day of, she was great, and that is what I needed the most. She ran the ship! Her team was so sweet and great to my guests. The service was perfect. Justin and the catering team killed it. We had several specific and off-the-menu requests and they made it happen. The food was perfect and that was important for us. Every guest said the food was delicious, which I don't think is too common at a lot of weddings. Overall, everyone said our wedding was awesome, and that was in large part to Christa, Justin, and the High Points team. I can't thank them enough for their flexibility and execution! We wish we could do this with them every year!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/29/2017

High point Events did a fantastic job for our wedding. They are an experienced operation and we highly recommend High point catering services and their venue space. High point was terrific because they helped us tailor the event just the way we wanted it and provided good advice when we needed it! Due to the weather, we had to make a late switch of our planned location for wedding and High point was flexible and very accommodating. They were thoughtful and supportive from the initial planning right through to the wedding ceremony.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

High Point was wonderful! First of all, their proposal had great-sounding dishes and cost much more reasonable than other caterers we approached. I loved the idea of them cooking on site. We were able to easily schedule a tasting on a weekend, and the food was as great as it sounded. The appetizers were interesting and tasty, and the salmon was juicy and just great! Christa was so friendly and helpful! This process can be nerve wracking, but I totally trusted that Christa would get us through. She also had a great rapport with the representative from the venue, so I felt like between the two of them, they knew exactly how things would go. She asked great questions, offered thoughtful, helpful advice, and is just a friendly person. We got married at a Church, so I just left all the table decorations and placecards at the venue on the morning of, and never doubted things would turn out perfectly. Once we arrived, the pavilion looked gorgeous, the bar was in full swing, and the food was just great. I am so grateful that Christa and High Point got us through this and helped us really focus on our guests on our wedding day.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Trish · Married on 12/10/2016

Our daughter was married in December 2016. After sorting through catering recommendations, we chose High Point Catering to cater her wedding. They were wonderful! Everything was more than perfect. Our wedding coordinator Christa Oden is EXCELLENT! Christa was responsive, listened to what we wanted for the reception and put together the reception our daughter dreamed of having. The staff at the reception (bartenders, cooks, chefs) were professional and very courteous. The food was delicious. Wedding guests told us how much they enjoyed the meal (salmon and herb-crusted chicken breast with mustard sauce). Thank you Christa for being a part of our daughters special day - we couldn't have done it without you and the High Point crew! Trish & Brian M.

Sent on 01/04/2017
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 10/15/2016

Christa and her staff may be the most amazing people to walk this planet! Having them take care of so many pieces of the puzzle for our special day was SO incredibly helpful! Until we made it through the day it really hadn't sunken in just HOW helpful it really was. High Point Events took care of ceremony & reception venue, catering, tables & chairs (and moved ceremony chairs to reception which saves on costs!) , linens, bar tending, setting up of almost the entire reception's decorations, day-of-coordinator (Christa is THE BEST!)...the list goes ON AND ON! The entire staff from top to bottom were hard workers, friendly, and made everything go SO smoothly! On top of it all the food was absolutely delicious! We wholeheartedly recommend this venue and staff for any wedding or event you may be considering! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Christina · Married on 05/21/2016

Being a bride with basically no idea what I was doing or what I wanted, I am so grateful to Christa for helping me pull my wedding together. From helping me with every detail like choosing centerpieces and creating my seating chart to locating a bagpiper to surprise my husband by playing "Here Comes the Bride" as I walked down the isle, Christa was awesome. My wedding day was perfect and I am so thankful to her and the High Point team for their professionalism, flexibility and preparedness for any situation, like the rain that changed my outside wedding to an inside wedding at the last minute!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Sarah · Married on 02/13/2016

We had a fantastic experience from the very beginning. Christa was our main contact -- she was responsive and helpful at every turn. They gave us very generous portions at the tasting, and all of the food was phenomenal. Christa's day-of wedding coordination allowed us to sit back and enjoy the whole thing. She helped us adhere to the timeline, and worked with our other vendors as needed. Everything was taken care of behind the scenes, while Christa stayed close to us to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Our table settings were done just as I had envisioned, and all of the decorations were just right. There were tons of special touches as well. For example, our venue was very cold during the ceremony; she provided hot chocolate to our guests right after the ceremony, free of charge. We never would have thought of that ourselves, and our guests appreciated it so much. When it came time to cut the cake, she gave us a quick tutorial on how to do it. They were so responsive with all of our requests. We are extremely happy with the service, price, and quality of work that High Point provided.

Sent on 02/18/2016

tyna · Married on 02/06/2016

Christa saved our lives! We contacted HighPoint on 12/29/2015 for our wedding on 2/6/2016. Long story short, my mom saw a fortune teller and picked the "perfect" date to get married at it was 2/6/2016. We found out during Christmas so we needed help to pull off a wedding in a month. I think we literally emailed HighPoint with the subject "help us".

Over new years, Christa and her staff worked to give us a tentative menu and ideas on a venue. Given that it was in the middle of winter and we didn't have much time, our options were limited. It took us about two-three weeks, but one of her suggestions was perfect and we decided to have our wedding at VisArts in Rockville. It was even better that HighPoint has worked before at VisArts!

The weeks before the wedding we had the food tasting, and honestly I commented on every single item on the wedding menu. But they listened, and they made the changes and the food at the wedding was delicious! Also, Christa is so beyond amazing that her and her team took all of our flowers, vases, table numbers, tea lights, etc and prepped them all a the venue the day of the wedding. They were able to flip the Buchannon room at VisArts from a ceremony to a reception in an hour with all the requests that we wanted for the tables and decoration. And they even cleaned up and nicely packaged all of the wedding items so we could pick them up the next week. I was so relieved to know that Christa had us covered before and after the wedding. We made so many requests and at times were so confused with such a quick wedding but they are true professionals and accommodated our needs. My family kept telling me that Christa was so in charge and taking care of all the details during the wedding. It's so true. If you hire HighPoint catering you get a wedding coordinated, wedding caterer and day of wedding planner all in one. I can't recommend them enough, we loved the venue, the food and she made the wedding so much fun for us and effortless.

Sent on 03/08/2016
  • User6196524 · 2+ years ago

I highly recommend Christa and her entire team for your wedding. She is incredibly helpful, responsive, and passionate about what she does. Not to mention easy to get along with, which makes all the difference in the world! I got married over the weekend that Hurricane Joaquin was here, and Christa was such an incredible support system for me. While it was raining, I decided that the ceremony would be outside - the radar showed a 50/50 chance of rain, so we took it. I really appreciated how Christa accepted my decision, didn't question me, and was my ride or die for the rest of the day. She and her team rushed to get the ceremony site set up for an outside wedding and did their best to dry things off. The ceremony went off without a hitch (no rain!) and as soon as the wedding party was together after the ceremony, Christa was ready for a drink order from me and my now-husband. Another minor detail that went such a long way! The reception also had no issues.. The food was delicious and the venue was decorated exactly how I pictured it would be - all I did was lay our decorations out with a note to where they needed to be. HUGE shout out to Christa AND her team - thank you for making my wedding so magical!!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Melinda · Married on 05/09/2015

High Point catered to our venue and was absolutely great! They set up the entire room and even offered to set up our place card/gift table, fireplace display, and our cupcake stand and cupcakes. The crab pretzel appetizers are AMAZING - being a Maryland girl we had to have this and all our guests loved them! We went with the BBQ buffet, it was very affordable and tasted great! Would highly recommend if you are looking for great service and food on a budget!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Nina · Married on 04/25/2015

I can't say enough great things about High Point in general, and Christa in particular. They catered our wedding at Rocklands Farm, but went well beyond the catering call of duty and provided everything from bathrooms to transportation to decorations to day-off coordination of the event. Working with Christa took a ton of the stress out of the planning process, and she was able to accommodate even the most last-minute of requests. When a massive rainstorm hit minutes before our outdoor wedding was set to kick off, the High Point team scrambled to move the entire wedding inside, and were able to pull off an incredible indoor event in minutes. And while the incredible planning features were a huge perk for me as a bride, perhaps more importantly for a caterer, our guests raved about the food!!!

HIgh Point is an incredible value for the money. They work so hard to make sure your day is amazing and stress free. Working with them, both in the run-up to the wedding and on the day itself, was an absolute pleasure, and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 04/26/2015
  • kristine

kristine · Married on 12/13/2014

We got married on 12-13-14 at Rock Creek Mansion with High Point as our caterers. They were able to work with our small budget and the food was AMAZING!

Sent on 02/18/2015