Hidden River Events Reviews

Hidden River Events 6
Hidden River Events 7
  • Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen · Married on 11/03/2018

Stress Free Wedding in a Beautiful Setting!

Hidden River Events not only a beautiful location for a wedding, but they do all they can to remove many of the stressors that come with wedding planning so that you can focus on what matters to you on your wedding day.

My partner & I took a trip to see the property at Hidden River and, eight weeks later exchanged wedding vows in the "marrying field." I really can't imagine this being possible anywhere else! The relationships that HRE has established with vendors made selecting everything from the catering, to flowers, photographer, etc.. easy. The day was even better than either of us imagined it, Jeanne, Grace and their team took care of everything- and we were truely able to just focus on the day & soaking in all the details! The property is beautiful, the peaked tent for the reception was great, and we loved that so many of our friends and relatives had the option of staying on the property with us!

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Hidden River Events 8
    Hidden River Events 9
    Hidden River Events 10
    Hidden River Events 11

Kirsten · Married on 09/08/2018

My husband and I were married at Hidden River on Sept. 8th and it was the most amazing experience! The setting is stunning, the flowers are beautiful, and the food is delicious! The team there does everything in their power to make your day as dreamy as possible and took care of absolutely everything. I still feel like I'm floating on a cloud! The kindness Jeanne showed on our beautiful wedding day meant the absolute world to us. Our day could literally not have been any more perfect and the words "thank you" don't even begin to capture the gratitude we feel toward Jeanne, Grace, Sarah, Tara and everyone else who works to make Hidden River such a magical place. Hidden River was "the place" from the moment we set foot there. It will forever hold a place in our hearts. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making our wedding day truly the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Beth · Married on 08/04/2018

BOOK YOUR WEDDING AT HIDDEN RIVER EVENTS TODAY! We got married at Hidden River a few weeks ago and are still riding the high from our magical weekend. Everything was made so easy with the inclusive wedding package and the staff (Grace in particular) was so kind and helpful. It ended up raining on our wedding day but it was no hindrance and the team knew just what to do. In fact, I ended up loving the rain and we even got a rainbow.

If you want a stress free, easy and beautiful wedding, book Hidden River today.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2018

Our wedding day at Hidden River was a dream come true! All of the details came together perfectly even though we were living across the country during the planning process. In fact, we didn't even step foot on the property until our wedding weekend! So if you are planning from afar, you can trust the photos, videos, and reviews of HRE - they are unanimous in the beauty and convenience of this spectacular space. On our big day, our coordinator Tara addressed every need immediately and made sure everything went off without a hitch. We had our ceremony at the river site which felt very private and serene; it was perfect for our small guest list. So many of our guests said it was the most beautiful venue they had ever been to. The flowers on our archway, cake, and tables were GORGEOUS and better than I hoped. The food and cake were delicious and our bartender was friendly and funny. I can't forget how happy we were with our photographer Erica Mueller. Her talent and personality were the perfect complement to our day, and we will cherish our pictures forever. I truly felt like a guest at my own wedding!

Sent on 09/11/2018
    Hidden River Events 12
    Hidden River Events 13
    Hidden River Events 14
    Hidden River Events 15

Catherine · Married on 04/21/2018

When you have a wedding at Hidden River, you are somewhere beautiful and are in really, really good, caring and capable hands. Thanks to the wonderful people at Hidden River, my husband and I got to relax and enjoy our daughter’s wedding. Our daughter (and her groom) were radiantly happy and relaxed all weekend. Friends described our daughter’s wedding as “fairytale,” “perfect in every detail” and “the best wedding I’ve been to in my life.”

Neither my daughter nor I are particularly skilled at event planning, but we didn’t need to be. Jeanne, Grace and Sarah helped us with our decisions -- and then made them beautiful reality. They were patient and responsive when we had questions.

The Hidden River all-in-one package takes a great deal of pressure off you during wedding planning—and during the actual wedding and reception. Plus, all the Hidden River vendors are terrific. The DJ kept everyone dancing, all the flowers were beautiful, and the photographer did an excellent job with a couple who really don’t like being photographed at all! She even climbed up on a chair to photograph my elderly parents dancing inside a ring of people. And from the first minute we tasted Anne’s food we knew all the catering was going to be terrific -- and it was! The cake was glorious.

Jeanne really ministered to all of us during the wedding itself. She did a wonderful job conducting a ceremony equally welcoming to people of faith and no faith. Nothing felt rushed. She had taken a good deal of time to get to know our daughter and new son-in-law, and that showed in the service.

And Hidden River is gorgeous. We loved staying on the property with the people we love, and having a whole weekend to celebrate in such a pretty place.

I absolutely, completely, 100% recommend Hidden River. You’ll get to relax and enjoy your wedding (or your child’s wedding) -- and know that everything will be beautiful.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Hidden River Events's reply:

Thank you, Catherine, for writing such a lovely review on behalf of your family. It was an honor to be able to serve you well. We knew that you had high expectations and were confident from the moment we started working with you that we could offer all you needed and more. What made it so very special to us is this: YOU ALL, especially to hear Claire's laughter and to see Carter's face as she walked down the aisle. These are precious memories I/we will never forget. Thank you and please stay in touch over the years.

Vincent · Married on 03/17/2018

Great Decision!

We had a Saturday wedding and added the housing to our package and it was a great decision. It was awesome having our family and close friends all in one area for 3 nights. The day/ night of the wedding was absolutely amazing. Everything went according to plan and I felt like all the workers knew all the details intimately. We were so happy with the way everything turned out and would 100% recommend Hidden River! Planning was stress free too. There is a planning website that is super helpful and our planner, Grace, was amazing as well to help us plan everything.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Leila · Married on 10/14/2017

We are in total awe of everything Hidden River Events did to make our wedding so special. Words and phrases friends and family have used to describe our wedding at Hidden River Events: magical, dreamy, fabulous, beautiful, dope, insanely beautiful, “I’m speechless”, …the list goes on. In all seriousness, every aspect of the day was perfect: the food from Anne’s Custom Catering was phenomenal (her pepper biscuits with pimento cheese are hands down the best biscuits we’ve ever had), the venue spectacular and so relaxed, and the staff so friendly and accommodating (multiple guests commented on how nice and outgoing the HRE staff were). Grace, wedding planner extraordinaire, was supremely patient in answering all our wedding-related questions over the course of the year and was an absolute pleasure to work with. Finally, Jeanne’s words during the ceremony were so inspiring and touching, and we are still receiving an outpouring of "wows" from friends and family regarding the ceremony. Hidden River Events truly checks all of the boxes. Look no further folks!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Julia · Married on 07/29/2017

Jeanne, Grace, Paige and the rest of the team at Hidden River is top notch. They went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend the best weekend of my new husband & my life. From day one, they were accommodating, easy to contact, flexible, friendly and professional. The fact that everything was included made it so easy to have a fun and low-stress wedding. Everyone kept commenting on the fact that I didn't seem stressed out as a bride and I always made sure to thank HRE for that. Jeanne was a wonderful officiant and really made it personal to us as a couple (and listened to our wishes for our ceremony.) Grace - what can I say about Grace? Without her, the wedding wouldn't have been the same. She keeps in touch and will respond night & day. She never makes you feel "crazy" when you know you're asking a million questions. She is so so sweet, helpful and although very professional, she is super down to earth. Allan & I are forever thankful for her professional wedding planning services. The housing on site is cozy and comes with basic necessities (linens, towels, kitchen basics, etc.), but doesn't have any toiletries (just as an FYI, it wasn't an issue for us). It was great to be able to host our family on site and have easy to access housing for everyone to crash. The food - out of this world!! Anne is magical. I am one who is very picky when it comes to catered food - I never find it that good, just because it's hard to serve a large number. But with Anne? The food was outstanding. I told her it would be a surprise to us if our top cake tier lasts a year in the freezer - I am already dreaming about it! The DJ was fantastic. He did a fabulous job transitioning the music and listening to our wishes. All of the servers, bartenders, helpers who helped set up the venue did an amazing job - I gave Grace some basic ideas of what I wanted and they made it beautiful. I can't say enough about HRE - just book now! You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Christina · Married on 06/10/2017

I can't say enough great things about Hidden River Events. The in-house services provided are absolutely top notch, and you will not find a better value for the price. Our wedding guests were so impressed with everything -- the stunning beauty of the venue, the in-house officiant services, the food, the cake, the photos, the in-house florist services, just everything. Speaking as the bride, I can't tell you how much I appreciated the attentiveness of the entire Hidden River staff, from the in-house Event Planner responding to my e-mails promptly for the 18 months leading up to the wedding, to the in-house Day Of Coordinator putting my needs and wants first, to even the in-house Bartender just making sure I always had my favorite drink in hand on our wedding night. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. It was just perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Rachel · Married on 12/10/2016

Working with Hidden River Events made planning this wedding extremely easy. While planning I was living out of state in MN and not having to deal with the multiple vendors kept my stress level very low. Grace and Paige are pros at making sure you have every detail covered. The caterer, Anne's Catering, makes the most incredible food and puts innovative twists to typical southern recipes. In addition, it was a blast to rent out the houses on the property and have the wedding party on site the entire weekend. I would highly recommend using Hidden River to any bride looking to get married in Asheville, NC.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2016

I hosted 50 people for my wedding at Hidden River this weekend. Wow! What an incredible weekend. Honestly, even the day before the wedding I found myself wondering why people spend so much on a day (and Hidden River is way more value for your investment than so many other venues). Now, there is no doubt in my mind; weddings are an incredible way to celebrate a transformative moment with your friends and family! Hidden River over-delivered and my guests had an amazing time. All night I received compliments on the venue, the ceremony, the DJ, the food, the flowers. If you want to come be a guest at your own wedding (instead of a Bridezilla); if you want your mom and sisters relaxing, drinking champagne in the bridal suite, and wondering if they should be doing anything; if you want to be surrounded by kind, sweet staff on your wedding day--Hidden River is for you! I loved planning my wedding with Jeanne and Grace (they literally were my favorite people to get emails from for months), and the day of the staff was exceptional. I absolutely love Hidden River and my only regret is that I had to eventually leave!

Sent on 09/04/2016

This was the best possible place to get married. The whole site is beautiful, we loved having the houses to stay in on site for everyone and all of the vendors were top notch! It made our wedding day so easy and carefree.

Sent on 07/09/2016

Leigh · Married on 06/12/2016

Hidden River is the perfect spot for every kind of wedding. That is what is so great about it. We had a small wedding with under 50 people. We rented all the houses for 2 nights and just stuck to the basics on decorating and flowers. The catch is...the basics are amazing! You don't have to spend an arm and a leg to make this place beautiful; it is naturally gorgeous. But if you want to spice things up, the staff is there to make that happen for you and exactly as you pictured it. All of their vendors are great to work with as well.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Hidden River Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We loved hosting your event and hope that you know that you have a home in the form of Hidden River for years to come. Our best to you both for a long and happy marriage!

Amy · Married on 05/29/2016

First off, the setting is absolutely STUNNING! Jeanne and Grace are the easiest people to work with; they are so patient and helpful through the entire process. At Hidden River, they can make whatever you want happen. Their house caterer, makes the most incredible food. The florist is a gem. The photographer's pictures turned out better than I could've asked for. Everybody involved is just amazing which makes the big day even more special!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Katie · Married on 05/21/2016

Not only was this a beautiful venue but the whole staff is amazing! I highly recommend the mountain elegance package! This included the houses for the weekend which slept up to 50 people as well as food, decor, flowers etc! Grace, and Jeanne made the whole wedding planning process a BREEZE!! No stress! They were very helpful and you can tell they truly care about their guest!! The rest if the HRE squad (Nigel the DJ, Neil the bartender and Paige event day hostess) WERE AWESOME! Their onsite florist does BEAUTIFUL work, my flowers were perfect! I also recommend their caterer Ann she makes the best food! Their fajita bar is to die for as well as there Tuscan chicken paired with green beans and potatoes! My guests even after a week are calling, texting telling us how wonderful the food was and venue in general, and that that was the best wedding they have ever attended! If you want a mountain venue this is the place to go!!!

Sent on 05/29/2016

Nancy · Married on 04/30/2016

We cannot say strongly enough how much we recommend Hidden River. They worked so well with us in every area. The food and cake were the best we've ever experienced at a wedding and it was beautiful. We had Jeanne officiate the wedding and it was perfect. The horse drawn carriage was a beautiful touch. There are several houses on the property and the entire wedding party and close friends and family stayed right on the site for the entire weekend. By the time the wedding actually occurred, everyone was relaxed and had the time of their lives. The wedding day coordinator was the final gem that made the day incredibly easy. Everyone commented on how relaxed we all were. That was because Hidden River took all the pressure off by doing it all! The all inclusive package is the way to go. We upgraded the food to prime rib and salmon etc., added the horse drawn carriage, and paid a little extra to be sure the flowers were specific colors and the day was perfect. The photographer also was fantastic. All of the pictures captured the character of the person. We can't stop looking at the pictures!! Wish we could do it all again. We wouldn't change a thing!!

Sent on 06/09/2016
  • Ostrich

Ostrich · Married on 04/01/2016

Planning from out of state, after never seeing the venue until a month before my wedding, needless to say i was worried. I personally worked mostly with Grace, but the whole team was extremely helpful. I trusted their opinions and was pretty go with the flow, and they exceeded all my expectations! The whole planning process was stress free, and the pictures truly don't do the venue justice! The tent is beautiful, and the floor and lighting doesn't feel "backyard tent" like at all. All my guests were taking and posting pictures of the beautiful views, and I'm so glad I also chose to have my Rehearsal Dinner up at the houses. I couldn't have asked for a better venue, and having the housing on site/bridal party getting ready houses definitely saved us in numerous situations! The price was unbelievable, and they were very flexible with substitutions (we wanted more bouquets than centerpieces, and they had no problem with this). I used them for flowers (BEAUTIFUL), food, cake, DJ, centerpieces, housing, and bartenders.

Sent on 06/06/2015

Hidden River Events's reply:

Thank you for sharing your wedding celebration with us. Hidden River is a lovely place, but what makes it the most lovely is YOU, our couples. We so enjoyed working with you and hope that you will return many times and keep us apprised of your life events. My best, Jeanne Sommer/Owner

Margaret · Married on 09/05/2015

Of all the people we chose to help us with our big day, Jeanne at Hidden River Events was without doubt the best ! From the moment we first met her, we knew we'd found the ideal officiant for us. Warm, insightful, helpful, calm, funny, professional and magnificent are just some of the descriptors it would be accurate to apply. We couldn't imagine a better person to guide us through the happiest moment of our lives.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Hidden River Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an honor to share this time with you and your family and friends. You have so many wonderful days ahead of you as husband and wife. Treasure every one of them!

Meghan · Married on 09/04/2015

Amazing experience. Loved working with Grace!! Gorgeous venue and so perfect for the simple yet elegant wedding you are looking for. Truly a treasure and so blessed we found Hidden River! I wish I could host another event there. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Hidden River Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you will come back on anniversaries to remember your experience and keep us apprised of all good news in your life. We appreciate you.

Logan · Married on 06/28/2015

WOW. I don't know if I can adequately express the level of happiness and appreciation I have towards Hidden River Events. I had my wedding at this venue on 6/28/15 and every thing was absolutely perfect. This venue offers a wedding package that you can customize to your liking. If you go with the full package, they literally take care of everything (with your input on personalizing the event, of course). I truly felt like a guest at my own wedding. We didn't have to worry about setting up anything or taking anything down. When the reception was over, the staff brought our left over alcohol and food up to the cabin we were staying in (on site). Every single person that was working our wedding was extremely professional and caring and made me and my family feel like we were appreciated and that we were special. Jeanne, the owner, is one of the sweetest and loving people I have ever met. Jeanne officiated our wedding (included in the package) and did an outstanding job. I honestly wish I could relive the day over and over again; it was that perfect.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Hidden River Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words about us all. You were a joy to host and, though you certainly won't need to get married again, you are welcome to come back and visit us and relive your beautiful wedding as much as you can. We truly appreciate your friendship.

Meg · Married on 06/27/2015

I absolutely loved Hidden River. They allow you to use their vendors or you have the option not to. The only thing I would do different is not use the photography vendor through them. The photographer we used (they have many others you could select so please look into each option of photographer!) was unresponsive at times and got turned around on timelines/plans which stressed me out a bit. Overall Hidden River was amazing though.... great food, the florist was AMAZING (Cynthia), and Jeanne and Grace were so wonderful and accommodating. Also you get the option of riding in on a horse and carriage....as my 11 year old cousin said....your only answer to coming in on a horse and buggy is yes or ABSOLUTELY! Highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Stephanie · Married on 04/25/2015

From the first email I sent inquiring about the venue & services until the end of our reception, the staff took care of us and made us feel like we were a part of their family. "Staff" doesn't even seem an appropriate word for the people we worked with over the months leading up to our wedding. Everyone that was involved in our wedding was so kind, warm. flexible, and professional. They did their jobs so well, but even more than that, they felt like family while they did it. We went with their Mountain Elegance Package which utilized all of their preferred vendors and were thrilled with the results. The food for the rehearsal and reception as well as out cakes (all prepared by Anne, their preferred caterer) are still being talked about (a month after our wedding)! We took advantage of the engagement photo session with Jesse Kitt, included in our package, and we instantly fell in love with Jesse. Her work is amazing and we felt so comfortable the whole time we worked with her. At HR, it's not all about the money. It's truly about the people they work with and their love for what they do. Jeanne's officiant services were exactly what we wanted-- she provides you with so many options and ideas of things to include in your ceremony and truly listens to what you want & then delivers. All of our guests said that our ceremony was so true to us as a couple and many said it was the most authentic, beautiful ceremony they'd ever seen. Grace, the venue's wedding planner, is an incredibly sweet woman and so responsive to any questions or requests we had throughout planning. She always made me feel calm and honored. Cynthia, the florist was also incredibly responsive to our ideas and created stunning arrangements that were exactly what we wanted. I could just write on and on about the incredible experience we had with HR, but I'll stop now. We LOVE HR and everyone who works there-- truly.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Rebecca · Married on 04/18/2015

Our wedding at Hidden River Events was wonderful. The staff took care of every detail, and everyone really was free to enjoy themselves. It was so "easy" to plan my wedding from afar with the all-inclusive package, which still allowed us to make many choices and create exactly the event we wanted. They work with spectacular vendors (catering, photography, florist); I totally trusted that they would help make our day special - they absolutely did. The on-site lodging was also a great option for our out-of-town guests - they loved staying in such a beautiful location!
    Jeanne is a kind and sincere person - we loved her instantly, and she was the perfect person to officiate our very special ceremony.
    Not to mention the BEAUTY of the venue. The site is well-maintained and absolutely beautiful.
    I am so thankful for Hidden River Events!!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Betsy · Married on 05/31/2014

Our wedding was perfect, which I hear is rare:). Hidden RIver was a great venue, housing on-site, and Grace, the coordinator, was very helpful. Hidden River comes with everything included (photography, officiant, flowers, catering, cake, etc), and I wish I had kept it that way instead of taking out certain vendors. Everyone said our wedding was the best they had ever attended.

Sent on 06/04/2014