Hidden River Events Reviews

Hidden River Events 3
Hidden River Events 4
Hidden River Events 5

Susan Morgan · Getting married on 07/10/2021

Thanks for a great wedding!

My sweetheart and I helped his son and daughter-in-law with wedding logistics as local liaisons since they live out of state. Our first visit to Hidden River had us sold. The owner, Jeanie Sommer guided us through the beautiful venue and explained the many personally designed features available to suit just the wedding they wanted. The setting was ideal, with accommodations for many of their out of town friends and guests as well as the couple themselves. Every request we made was met with good natured cooperation. The staff reflected Jeanie’s desire to make the wedding the best possible for all involved. Many of the 135 guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever attended, and we agree. We were pleased with every aspect and are recommending Hidden River to anyone who asks.

Peter Eisemann · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Unique, Memorable and Stress-Free Celebration

My son and his wife selected Hidden River in Swannanoa, NC for their wedding and reception. Both they and I could not be more pleased with every aspect of their special day. Hidden River offers a unique setting – couples along with dozens of their closest family members and friends stayed in the houses that are included as part of the wedding package. The ceremony and reception take place out of doors. The setting of course is beautiful. But what most impressed me was the professionalism and attention to detail that everyone at Hidden River demonstrated in the months leading up to the wedding, the days before the wedding that we stayed at the venue and of course the day of the wedding. Everything went flawlessly. Special requests were greeted with smiles and promptly executed. When we were selecting a venue, owner Jeanne Sommer said that her goal is to make every wedding something that will be unique, something that will be memorable and something that will be enjoyed, stress-free for the couple. Hidden River delivered on all counts. I recommend anyone thinking of holding a wedding in Asheville, NC carefully consider Hidden River for their special day. We are glad we did.

• Henry

Henry Eisemann · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Wonderful, Genuine, Smooth Execution

So weddings are stressful beyond my fathoming. Hidden River's a'la carte selecting and pricing made designing our wedding simple. Our contacts for planning were super responsive and flexible. Definitely not a canned wedding experience. Real humans working with us to plan our special day. We even got to host an axe-throwing competition after our rehearsal lunch! So cool. Come wedding day, the execution was absolutely flawless. Our friends have been to many weddings, and then some, but couldn't say enough about how well the evening went. Even a month later, we're getting unsolicited praise for how our wedding was so genuine and lovely. Oh man...can't say enough good things so I'll leave it here.

Hidden River Events 6
    Hidden River Events 15
  • Sean

Sean Ward · Getting married on 10/16/2020

Gorgeous and convenient venue

As a guest of Hidden River for a long weekend, we had everything we needed and were well taken care of!

Robert Crawford · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Spectaculer Wedding Weekend

Our wedding weekend for our daughter at Hidden River was spectacular. The property itself is beautiful and the entire staff is very professional and very thorough. The carriage ride to the ceremony is an experience I will never forget! The food at the reception was world class and the new farm tables and chairs were very beautiful Great value with the ability to sleep on site.
    My wife and I highly recommend Hidden River to any couple looking for an amazing wedding weekend!

Hidden River Events 16
    Hidden River Events 17
    Hidden River Events 18

Alissa Mccrandall · Married on 10/28/2019

Our Dream Fall Wedding Came True!

Words cannot express how beautiful our wedding was at Hidden River. I will try my best to summarize my experience. In the first 5 minutes of our visit to Hidden River, we knew this was where we wanted our biggest adventure yet to begin. Meeting Jeanne and seeing the passion she has for Hidden River and the constitution of marriage sealed the deal that this would be our place. Grace was fantastic throughout the entire planning process with her quick responses and always having a way of making me feel not so crazy over my countless emails and questions.

As we got closer to our big day, everything came together so seamless. We rented the houses on property so our closest family and friends could be there together in this celebration. What a great touch to an already great occasion.

Now fast forward to the day of- the flowers were breathtaking, the FOOD oh my goodness was delicious! Alex our DJ was fantastic and Daniella our day of coordinator was so attentive and helped keep my nerves calmed.

Thank you so much Jeanne, Grace and entire team at Hidden River. Our new life had such an amazing forever memorable beginning.

Alissa and Josh McCrandall

• Aaron

Aaron Kirby · Married on 10/27/2019

Beyond perfect!!!

There aren’t enough words to describe the magic experience that Hidden River offers. It made for the best and most perfect wedding weekend. Everything about the experience was ideal and these are special moments we’ll carry for the rest of our lives. It’s truly ethereal.

Leroy Rosario · Married on 10/20/2019

Melissa and LeRoy @Hidden River Events

We had an amazing experience at this venue. They provided us help every step of the way and personalized everything just for us. Jeanne had beautiful words to share with us throughout the process and we would highly recommend this venue based on our experience. We couldn't ask for more.

Hidden River Events 19

Jen · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful setting and awesome staff

The team at Hidden River is so great! Jeanne officiated our wedding and we absolutely loved her. The setting is gorgeous, the team is quick to respond and very helpful and flexible when it came to my visions for our big day. We're excited to visit again when we're in Asheville next time!

• December

December Bean · Married on 10/06/2019

Better than we imagined!

We were married at Hidden River Events last month. Both my husband and I feel that our wedding was even more intimate and special than we could have imagined! All of the HRE team are professional, experienced, accommodating and KIND. They truly go out of their way to make sure the wedding party and all guests enjoy themselves and worry about nothing! We were so impressed by the responsiveness during the planning process and the wedding day. Our planner, Grace, was always reassuring and stayed on top of every selection or plan that we had. Annette was our day-of-coordinator and she was amazing! The flowers were AMAZING, grown on site and arranged so beautifully by Megan! We were thrilled with all of them. We chose to use a couple of vendors we had relationships with and HRE was completely flexible. We really were pleased with the caterer and DJ who were partners of HRE. The entire venue is beautiful! We were able to host most of our guests for the weekend right on the property. This allowed us to maximize our time together since we all traveled to be there. The entire wedding weekend was everything we'd hoped for and more!

Hidden River Events 20
    Hidden River Events 21
    Sent on 11/03/2019

Audrey Eisemann · Married on 09/28/2019

Love the view and the people

Great venue that makes it super easy for a couple to have fun and accommodate the needs of their wedding and their families.

Shauna · Married on 08/10/2019

Hidden River Exceeds All Expectations!

It has been two months since the magical weekend of celebrations at Hidden River. Andy and I are over the moon and reminisce often about how amazing our wedding experience was. We cannot thank the staff at Hidden River enough for guiding us throughout the whole process and creating a day that was far beyond our expectations and one that we will cherish for a lifetime.

Jeanne
    From the moment we set foot at Hidden River we felt connected to you, your energy, your values and your mission. You carry a beautiful wisdom that puts those around you at ease. We really felt that you cared to get to know us as individuals and as a couple and for that we will be forever grateful. The words that you shared at our ceremony were felt so deeply by Andy and I as well as our family and friends. I cannot even count how many guests were blown away by the meaning that was embodied in our ceremony. Thank you for putting your heart and soul into the work that you do. Your love, care and dedication shines through so brightly upon stepping foot at Hidden River. We are so grateful to have stumbled upon such a magical space and we hold your heart in a special place within ours. THANK YOU!

Grace
    I don't know how you do it! You made us feel as if we were the only wedding you were planning! Countless emails back and forth and you never skipped a beat. You were always prompt, showed excitement for our wedding and took such great care to bring to life all the details of our vision. You were such a KEY piece to the planning process and you lifted a huge weight off our shoulders.

Sarah
    One of my favorite pieces of the planning process was the flowers. I still remember our conversation over the phone regarding my vision for flowers, color and texture, etc. I remember hanging up the phone and feeling so excited. I really felt that you HEARD me and you were getting just as excited as I was. Thank you for taking the extra time to send me an email with all the varietals you were planning to use. The flower arrangements, bouquets, boutenierres and arbor flowers were absolutely spectacular and beyond what I had imagined. Sarah, your love for the work that you do really shows.

Morgan
    I don't know how you pulled off everything you did the day of our wedding. You were an absolute life-saver! I felt so much relief after you came up to the white house while we were getting ready to confirm details and tell me you were going to take care of EVERYTHING!! Everything we talked about was executed perfectly and we are so thankful that we could sit back and enjoy our day knowing that you would ensure everything went smoothly. You were an absolute gem. Thank you!

Alex
    You KILLED it! I must admit I was nervous about the DJ form because I felt that it was going to be hard to convey what we wanted but you took our suggestions, felt the vibes in the room and NAILED IT! We always envisioned an active dance floor but the energy that we felt on our wedding day was electric. All generations were on the dance floor all night. We didn't want it to end!

Anne's Catering
    Another piece of planning that I was nervous about was the fact that we weren't able to make it to a tasting. In hind sight, this was an area I never should have been worried about. All of the food was DELICIOUS! Everything was so fresh, colorful and beautifully presented! I truly feel that I could have picked anything and it would have been amazing. Thank you also for making such a spectacular cake! I heard many people say it was the best wedding cake they had ever had.

Ben (and team)
    We REALLY appreciated your suggestions for additions to our signature drinks and we are so grateful that you were available to help us determine the quantity of ingredients needed. You put me at ease after our initial phone conversation and you certainly delivered. Everyone loved the cocktails and you and your team did a GREAT job. Thank you!

Long story short, I highly recommend this incredible venue run by truly special and caring individuals! You cannot beat the services that you get for the price! Worth every penny!

Hidden River Events 22
    Hidden River Events 28
  • Jeremy

Jeremy Tidmore · Married on 07/20/2019

So lucky we found HRE!

My wife and I joined our families at Hidden River in July of this year and the entire experience was flawless. Jeanne and her team carried us through the process and had EVERYTHING covered and we really just had to show up! The property is beautiful, every detail was tended to and we wish we can't wait to go back and stay on site for a family getaway. We cannot recommend this venue enough!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2019

Everything we could have hoped for

Hidden River was the first and only wedding venue my now husband and I needed to visit. We felt that we were exactly where we were supposed to be from the moment we pulled into the drive and saw the grounds. The property at Hidden River is absolutely beautiful, even on the chilly rainy day we took our tour. Jeanne was so welcoming and kind to us and she and her team have truly mastered their craft. So many couples we know were incredibly stressed throughout the wedding planning process but the team at Hidden River were knowledgeable, organized, and accommodating. We were stress-free throughout our planning period and everything on the day of went seamlessly. We are so happy that we chose this venue for our wedding, we had the most perfect day imaginable with our family and friends.

Hidden River Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Lisa, for your review. The words STRESS FREE are music to my ears. That's the reason why I began Hidden River. I'm so happy you were able to enjoy your engagement AND your actual wedding. Please stay in touch with us. Visit. Email us photos of your adventures and life's moment. We are grateful for your trust.
  • Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen · Married on 11/03/2018

Stress Free Wedding in a Beautiful Setting!

Hidden River Events not only a beautiful location for a wedding, but they do all they can to remove many of the stressors that come with wedding planning so that you can focus on what matters to you on your wedding day.

My partner & I took a trip to see the property at Hidden River and, eight weeks later exchanged wedding vows in the "marrying field." I really can't imagine this being possible anywhere else! The relationships that HRE has established with vendors made selecting everything from the catering, to flowers, photographer, etc.. easy. The day was even better than either of us imagined it, Jeanne, Grace and their team took care of everything- and we were truely able to just focus on the day & soaking in all the details! The property is beautiful, the peaked tent for the reception was great, and we loved that so many of our friends and relatives had the option of staying on the property with us!

Hidden River Events 29
    Hidden River Events 30
    Hidden River Events 31
    Hidden River Events 32
    Sent on 12/27/2018

Kirsten · Married on 09/08/2018

My husband and I were married at Hidden River on Sept. 8th and it was the most amazing experience! The setting is stunning, the flowers are beautiful, and the food is delicious! The team there does everything in their power to make your day as dreamy as possible and took care of absolutely everything. I still feel like I'm floating on a cloud! The kindness Jeanne showed on our beautiful wedding day meant the absolute world to us. Our day could literally not have been any more perfect and the words "thank you" don't even begin to capture the gratitude we feel toward Jeanne, Grace, Sarah, Tara and everyone else who works to make Hidden River such a magical place. Hidden River was "the place" from the moment we set foot there. It will forever hold a place in our hearts. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making our wedding day truly the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Beth · Married on 08/04/2018

BOOK YOUR WEDDING AT HIDDEN RIVER EVENTS TODAY! We got married at Hidden River a few weeks ago and are still riding the high from our magical weekend. Everything was made so easy with the inclusive wedding package and the staff (Grace in particular) was so kind and helpful. It ended up raining on our wedding day but it was no hindrance and the team knew just what to do. In fact, I ended up loving the rain and we even got a rainbow.

If you want a stress free, easy and beautiful wedding, book Hidden River today.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2018

Our wedding day at Hidden River was a dream come true! All of the details came together perfectly even though we were living across the country during the planning process. In fact, we didn't even step foot on the property until our wedding weekend! So if you are planning from afar, you can trust the photos, videos, and reviews of HRE - they are unanimous in the beauty and convenience of this spectacular space. On our big day, our coordinator Tara addressed every need immediately and made sure everything went off without a hitch. We had our ceremony at the river site which felt very private and serene; it was perfect for our small guest list. So many of our guests said it was the most beautiful venue they had ever been to. The flowers on our archway, cake, and tables were GORGEOUS and better than I hoped. The food and cake were delicious and our bartender was friendly and funny. I can't forget how happy we were with our photographer Erica Mueller. Her talent and personality were the perfect complement to our day, and we will cherish our pictures forever. I truly felt like a guest at my own wedding!

Hidden River Events 33
    Hidden River Events 34
    Hidden River Events 35
    Hidden River Events 36
    Sent on 09/11/2018

Catherine · Married on 04/21/2018

When you have a wedding at Hidden River, you are somewhere beautiful and are in really, really good, caring and capable hands. Thanks to the wonderful people at Hidden River, my husband and I got to relax and enjoy our daughter’s wedding. Our daughter (and her groom) were radiantly happy and relaxed all weekend. Friends described our daughter’s wedding as “fairytale,” “perfect in every detail” and “the best wedding I’ve been to in my life.”

Neither my daughter nor I are particularly skilled at event planning, but we didn’t need to be. Jeanne, Grace and Sarah helped us with our decisions -- and then made them beautiful reality. They were patient and responsive when we had questions.

The Hidden River all-in-one package takes a great deal of pressure off you during wedding planning—and during the actual wedding and reception. Plus, all the Hidden River vendors are terrific. The DJ kept everyone dancing, all the flowers were beautiful, and the photographer did an excellent job with a couple who really don’t like being photographed at all! She even climbed up on a chair to photograph my elderly parents dancing inside a ring of people. And from the first minute we tasted Anne’s food we knew all the catering was going to be terrific -- and it was! The cake was glorious.

Jeanne really ministered to all of us during the wedding itself. She did a wonderful job conducting a ceremony equally welcoming to people of faith and no faith. Nothing felt rushed. She had taken a good deal of time to get to know our daughter and new son-in-law, and that showed in the service.

And Hidden River is gorgeous. We loved staying on the property with the people we love, and having a whole weekend to celebrate in such a pretty place.

I absolutely, completely, 100% recommend Hidden River. You’ll get to relax and enjoy your wedding (or your child’s wedding) -- and know that everything will be beautiful.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Hidden River Events's reply:

Thank you, Catherine, for writing such a lovely review on behalf of your family. It was an honor to be able to serve you well. We knew that you had high expectations and were confident from the moment we started working with you that we could offer all you needed and more. What made it so very special to us is this: YOU ALL, especially to hear Claire's laughter and to see Carter's face as she walked down the aisle. These are precious memories I/we will never forget. Thank you and please stay in touch over the years.

Vincent · Married on 03/17/2018

Great Decision!

We had a Saturday wedding and added the housing to our package and it was a great decision. It was awesome having our family and close friends all in one area for 3 nights. The day/ night of the wedding was absolutely amazing. Everything went according to plan and I felt like all the workers knew all the details intimately. We were so happy with the way everything turned out and would 100% recommend Hidden River! Planning was stress free too. There is a planning website that is super helpful and our planner, Grace, was amazing as well to help us plan everything.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Leila · Married on 10/14/2017

We are in total awe of everything Hidden River Events did to make our wedding so special. Words and phrases friends and family have used to describe our wedding at Hidden River Events: magical, dreamy, fabulous, beautiful, dope, insanely beautiful, “I’m speechless”, …the list goes on. In all seriousness, every aspect of the day was perfect: the food from Anne’s Custom Catering was phenomenal (her pepper biscuits with pimento cheese are hands down the best biscuits we’ve ever had), the venue spectacular and so relaxed, and the staff so friendly and accommodating (multiple guests commented on how nice and outgoing the HRE staff were). Grace, wedding planner extraordinaire, was supremely patient in answering all our wedding-related questions over the course of the year and was an absolute pleasure to work with. Finally, Jeanne’s words during the ceremony were so inspiring and touching, and we are still receiving an outpouring of "wows" from friends and family regarding the ceremony. Hidden River Events truly checks all of the boxes. Look no further folks!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Julia · Married on 07/29/2017

Jeanne, Grace, Paige and the rest of the team at Hidden River is top notch. They went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend the best weekend of my new husband & my life. From day one, they were accommodating, easy to contact, flexible, friendly and professional. The fact that everything was included made it so easy to have a fun and low-stress wedding. Everyone kept commenting on the fact that I didn't seem stressed out as a bride and I always made sure to thank HRE for that. Jeanne was a wonderful officiant and really made it personal to us as a couple (and listened to our wishes for our ceremony.) Grace - what can I say about Grace? Without her, the wedding wouldn't have been the same. She keeps in touch and will respond night & day. She never makes you feel "crazy" when you know you're asking a million questions. She is so so sweet, helpful and although very professional, she is super down to earth. Allan & I are forever thankful for her professional wedding planning services. The housing on site is cozy and comes with basic necessities (linens, towels, kitchen basics, etc.), but doesn't have any toiletries (just as an FYI, it wasn't an issue for us). It was great to be able to host our family on site and have easy to access housing for everyone to crash. The food - out of this world!! Anne is magical. I am one who is very picky when it comes to catered food - I never find it that good, just because it's hard to serve a large number. But with Anne? The food was outstanding. I told her it would be a surprise to us if our top cake tier lasts a year in the freezer - I am already dreaming about it! The DJ was fantastic. He did a fabulous job transitioning the music and listening to our wishes. All of the servers, bartenders, helpers who helped set up the venue did an amazing job - I gave Grace some basic ideas of what I wanted and they made it beautiful. I can't say enough about HRE - just book now! You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Christina · Married on 06/10/2017

I can't say enough great things about Hidden River Events. The in-house services provided are absolutely top notch, and you will not find a better value for the price. Our wedding guests were so impressed with everything -- the stunning beauty of the venue, the in-house officiant services, the food, the cake, the photos, the in-house florist services, just everything. Speaking as the bride, I can't tell you how much I appreciated the attentiveness of the entire Hidden River staff, from the in-house Event Planner responding to my e-mails promptly for the 18 months leading up to the wedding, to the in-house Day Of Coordinator putting my needs and wants first, to even the in-house Bartender just making sure I always had my favorite drink in hand on our wedding night. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. It was just perfect.

Sent on 07/15/2017

Rachel · Married on 12/10/2016

Working with Hidden River Events made planning this wedding extremely easy. While planning I was living out of state in MN and not having to deal with the multiple vendors kept my stress level very low. Grace and Paige are pros at making sure you have every detail covered. The caterer, Anne's Catering, makes the most incredible food and puts innovative twists to typical southern recipes. In addition, it was a blast to rent out the houses on the property and have the wedding party on site the entire weekend. I would highly recommend using Hidden River to any bride looking to get married in Asheville, NC.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2016

I hosted 50 people for my wedding at Hidden River this weekend. Wow! What an incredible weekend. Honestly, even the day before the wedding I found myself wondering why people spend so much on a day (and Hidden River is way more value for your investment than so many other venues). Now, there is no doubt in my mind; weddings are an incredible way to celebrate a transformative moment with your friends and family! Hidden River over-delivered and my guests had an amazing time. All night I received compliments on the venue, the ceremony, the DJ, the food, the flowers. If you want to come be a guest at your own wedding (instead of a Bridezilla); if you want your mom and sisters relaxing, drinking champagne in the bridal suite, and wondering if they should be doing anything; if you want to be surrounded by kind, sweet staff on your wedding day--Hidden River is for you! I loved planning my wedding with Jeanne and Grace (they literally were my favorite people to get emails from for months), and the day of the staff was exceptional. I absolutely love Hidden River and my only regret is that I had to eventually leave!

Sent on 09/04/2016