Heritage Garment Preservation Reviews

87 | Tyler, TX

87 Reviews for Heritage Garment Preservation

87 Heritage Garment Preservation Reviews

Megan · Married on 07/28/2018

When I decided to wear my grandmothers wedding dress that dates back to 1953, I knew I had to find a trusted company to restore it. The dress had not been properly stored and required extensive cleaning and care. Heritage garment preservations did an amazing job restoring my grandmothers dress. They maintained contact throughout the whole process and discussed with me all plans for restoration. I couldn’t be happier and I cannot wait to walk down the aisle in my grandmothers vintage wedding dress!

Martha · Married on 06/23/2018

The wedding gown was expertly cleaned, mended and wrapped quickly and sent back to us ahead of schedule. Several emails kept us informed of its progress. Very convenient and professional!

Lindsey · Married on 06/10/2018

I really can't say enough about how wonderful Heritage Garment Preservation was in cleaning my wedding dress. My poor hemline had been relatively destroyed, as it poured rain on my wedding day for an outdoor ceremony, and my dyed-blue shoes bled all over it! That in addition to just the wear and tear of being outside and dancing/having the dress danced on, really made a mess of things. Adding to challenge was that the dress was a fairly elaborate lace. But I never had to worry!! HGP worked some magic on my dress, and it's honestly just like new. They were also wonderfully responsive, sending me updates at every single step of the process.

AND, not knowing what I really needed (Or what they were really capable of doing) I initially just paid for the basic cleaning. When they received the dress and evaluated things, they messaged me about what the addition damage was, that they could take care of it, and a completely fair and reasonable price for the additional cleaning. It was easy and straightforward to pay the additional charge and get everything squared away. I would absolutely recommend their services to absolutely anyone needing their wedding dress cleaned!!

• Meredith

Meredith Whitaker · Married on 04/28/2018

Amazing work!

I used Heritage Garment to have my own gown cleaned (Rebecca Ingram Allison) and to have my Mom's gown from 1976 restored. Sending both gowns together got me a discount. They did an incredible job on both gowns. My Mom's gown was yellowed with some large brown stains from years of being in a cardboard box in the attic. After Heritage's work, her gown is good as new. I couldn't believe it. And both dresses came back safely, they even returned the garment bag I'd used for my gown which I wasn't expecting. The whole process will take a long time, but the finished result is absolutely flawless.

Jennifer · Married on 04/06/2018

Heritage did a wonderful job cleaning and repairing my wedding gown when I married my husband the first time. They went above and beyond my expectations. Now I can wear my beautiful gown when I marry my husband again next weekend.

Harriette · Married on 01/06/2018

Heritage managed to clean and whiten my older veil so that it matched perfectly with my daughter's wedding dress. Then they went above and beyond to clean and repair her gown after the wedding. We had an unexpected snow and ice storm in North Carolina in January. The bottom of her dress looked like it was ruined! They did a phenomenal job, and there is no evidence of the water stains on the silk fabric. I would recommend them to anyone!!

Courtney · Married on 11/18/2017

I am wearing my grandmothers 61 yr old gown. It went from yellow colored with rust stains, to white and spot free. I greatly appreciate the service and hard work of this staff. I will definitely recommend them to people!!

Simone · Married on 06/03/2017

I had my wedding dress cleaned and preserved. It looks absolutely stunning. Chanda was absolutely wonderful and kept me posted through the entire process. The service was personable, professional, and timely. I’m so happy that I found Heritage Preservation.

Tamara · Married on 05/28/2017

Staff was very professional and courtesy as well as knowledgeable. They did a fantastic job and everything was as promised.

Kelsey · Married on 05/26/2017

Great Service!

I am so glad I did this- I was apprehensive because it is expensive to clean and preserve but my dress got so dirty and suffered some tears and I knew I would regret leaving such an expensive investment in that kind of shape. The dress came back looking as clean and white as it did when I bought it. The company customer service was prompt with my concerns and everything went according to the plan they laid out.

Kathleen · Married on 05/13/2017

I highly recommend Heritage garment preservation. I needed the wedding veil I had sent to be cleaned to be finished before the wedding dress. They were immediately responsive and accommodated me and sent the veil separately and before the dress was finished being cleaned. They were easy to communicate with and prompt. The cleaning and preservation was excellent. Nice to work with people who care.

Pattie · Married on 05/06/2017

AAAmazing!!! The dress looks like new. Will send before and after pictures after the wedding is over and things settle down. I am totally amazed.

sarah · Married on 04/28/2017

I'm so happy that I found Heritage Garment Preservation! They have an option for preserving wedding dresses and allowing the bride to see and touch the dress in the future! No looking through a small window on a box. It does take some time to get your dress back, but in the end it is so worth it. I definitely recommend!

M · Married on 04/22/2017

They did a wonderful job from start to finish! Great job!

• User6774638 · 1+ year ago

My dress is perect and so beautiful again. Thank you

Beth · Married on 04/01/2017

I saw Heritage was the top cleaner in a comparison done on Good Morning America a while ago. They were the only cleaner that was able to remove all the stains - make-up, food, wine, dirt...- you get the idea. I kept their name and was so glad I did! They are very responsive on the phone and by email through the entire process - helping you select the right package and letting you know where the dress is as it moves through their system. My daughter's dress arrived back, packaged beautifully, repaired where needed, clean and preserved. Thank you Heritage Garment Preservation!

Deborah · Married on 02/24/2017

I highly recommend this vendor. I spent many hours researching preservation services for my daughter's wedding dress and determined that Heritage Garment Preservation had the best reputation for quality and trustworthiness. I was nervous about sending off a $2k wedding dress but the employee I spoke with by phone explained the process and readily put my mind at ease. They kept me informed of every step (arrival, inspection, cleaning, packaging, mailing) and the dress was returned mint condition. Not only did they clean and preserve the dress but they were able to clean grass-stained wedding shoes that I had thought were beyond repair.

Rachel · Married on 01/08/2017

My dress was worn 12 years ago and never properly cared for after the wedding. Heritage did such a fabulous job of repairing and preserving my gown. My daughter wants to wear it for her wedding- she's only 8 so we shall see- but at least I know she will be able to wear it if she wants to!

Angela Jones · Married on 10/29/2016

Top Tier Service

Can not say enough great things about my experience with Heritage Garment...but will try! I actually had two items preserved ...my daughter's wedding gown and my son's uniform from the United State Military Academy.
    Yes, both hold a tremendous sentimental value...to me ...and my children....but Heritage understood that as well and that was exemplified through every step of this process, through the cleaning quote, shipping, military discount, actual cleaning and mending, to the custom museum quality bag that had to be made for the military uniform, good communication and updates....I felt like I was dealing with a local vendor in my own back yard so to speak...Again, I believe you don't go to those lengths if you don't understand the value of what you are doing and it's meaning to your customers...Heritage does and delivered!
    Top Tier in my opinion and will use them again and refer them with out hesitation.

Sherri · Married on 09/10/2016

Excellent experience! Chanda was very nice and so easy to communicate with.
    I sent my daughters dress in, I was kept informed every step of the way.
    When we received it we could not have been happier it looked beautiful
    just like new! Even the heavily soiled hem line. Amazing!!

linda · Married on 09/05/2016

We live in Wyoming. Our daughter got married in Temecula, Ca in Sept. 2016. Needed to have her dress cleaned so did an online search and found Heritage. Filled out the online form, paid for cleaning and a few extras. A shipping box arrived from Heritage. I boxed up the dress and took it to the local Box Shop. I was sending my daughter's beautiful wedding dress off to Tyler, Texas. Was worried but off it went. From the moment the Box Shop notified Heritage the dress had been dropped off, Heritage was in touch with me via email to keep me posted on the location of the dress, when it arrived at their plant, what was happening with the dress. They kept me posted the entire time. Within a very short period of time, they notified me that the dress was headed back home. We elected to have the dress hanging so when it arrived, it was bundled beautifully in a cotton bag with ties all along the front of the bag. On the pocket of the bag, it gives my daughter's name, her husbands name and when and where they were married. It is absolutely gorgeous and what a magnificent job of restoring the dress to "like new". Thank you so much to Heritage for making this such a pleasant, professional experience.

Apri · Married on 08/27/2016

The ladies at Heritage were so helpful, the shipping was easy and I love the beautiful label on my preserved dress bag.

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/18/2016

If I could give this place more than 5 stars, I would!!! I was almost at the point of doing a "trash that dress" photo shoot. On the day of my wedding...this is everything that happened to my dress...a guest spilled red wine, a trim piece came off my dress, I had to wear flat shoes due to swelling of my feet and the bottom of my dress was completely dirty (dragging on the floor through out the entire reception). My husband found this place and I said "why not, it can't get any worse". To my shock....the dress came back to me PERFECT!! As if it came straight from the store (even better). You might wonder how better!! The crystals were so shiny. The stains (including the wine) all gone and the trim was fixed. I can't thank this place enough. They saved my dress!!! Don't bring your dress to any dry cleaner!!! Bring it hear. They even ship for free!!

Pat · Married on 11/07/2015

My daughter bought a beautiful Lazaro wedding gown (3201) for her wedding that had much lace and beading. She is selling it, so we wanted to clean it, but wanted to make sure that the cleaner used the utmost care to preserve the lace and beading. Heritage Garment cleaned the dress by hand and did a wonderful job. Even doing minor repairs for a minimal fee. They were very responsive to any questions I had. If you spend that much for a dress, you want it well cared for before you pass it onto the next bride.

Adrienne · Married on 10/31/2015

After spending way more than I expected on my dream wedding dress, I knew I didn't want to just have it cleaned and put in a box, never to look at it again. I did some online research and I was intrigued by Heritage's hanging garment bag preservation method. After reading a bunch of positive reviews, I decided to go for it. I sent them my Lazaro gown, which was quite dirty and had a tear in one of the underlayers because I did a "wreck the dress" photo shoot with my horse. My dress is also quite delicate with a beaded bodice and full skirt covered with organza petals. As a result, I invested in the couture package, and Heritage not only hand-cleaned my dress, they also repaired the tear for no additional charge. My dress looks amazing, like it was never on or near a horse!

I was also really impressed with the level of communication and customer care I received. Heritage sent me regular updates on the status of my dress, and they made me feel like my dress was their top priority. I love my wedding dress, so it meant a lot to me to know that it was in good hands and that they were so careful with it. I can't say enough good things about Heritage. I know it costs a lot, but you definitely get what you pay for (and more) with Heritage!