Heritage Garment Preservation Reviews

109 Reviews for Heritage Garment Preservation

• Michele

Michele Spees · Getting married on 10/11/2021

Perfect outcome

Very pleased with the outcome of having the remnants of my wedding gown cleaned. They took great care with the hand sewn beading. They were very friendly and professional and worth the 3 hour drive.

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • Tamara

Tamara Noll · Getting married on 12/19/2020

From the 80's

My daughter is getting married and just couldn't find the right gown. My dress was from 1983 and had yellowing and a few stains. Heritage cleaned it and fixed a few little things on it, and it looks perfect! With a few alterations, my daughter will have the dress of her dreams. Thank you Heritage for all you did.

Sent on 06/08/2020
  • Mary

Mary Cline Albin · Married on 10/10/2020

Cleaning of wedding giwn

They did an excellent job on my daughter’s wedding dress. They are fixed a bustle for the train.

Sent on 10/31/2020
  • Greg

Greg Beers · Married on 03/22/2020

Great experience

I had the best experience with them and I can’t say it enough my wife’s dress came back fabulous. There the best .

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Julie

Julie Sweeney · Married on 11/08/2019

I would recommend to anyone

My dress came back looking immaculate. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Sent on 09/12/2020

Heritage Garment Preservation's reply:

Thank you Julie for the review! HGP appreciates you taking the time to review us, the care provides and your satisfaction.
    We are so glad that you are pleased.
    Best wishes,
    HGP Staff

Jo Brown · Married on 09/01/2019

Heritage Garment Preservation

Excellent service. Their staff was friendly and comforting regarding my daughter's wedding dress. Thank you!

Sent on 01/19/2020
  • Barbara

Barbara Burnette · Married on 07/13/2019

Excellent service.

Their workmanship is phenomenal. I would highly recommend to use their services for all gowns.

Sent on 01/04/2020
  • Jaimie

Jaimie Kutler · Married on 07/06/2019

Wow, just... wow.

I got married at my family farm on Kaua’i, Hawai’i. Land of red dirt, and stains that last forever. I did NOT hold back and partied the night away in my wedding dress. When I woke up the next morning and found my dress crumpled on the floor of our hotel room, now with a nice red “ombré” dye-job on the skirt, sweat and food stains, and with straps that had come undone, I was certain that it was a lost cause. I let my dress sit in my closet for a few months and decided that I couldn’t bring myself to toss it, and sent it off to Heritage Garment for cleaning. They called me after inspecting it, to make sure I knew that it would take a lot of work, and that I should t get my hopes up. I laughed it off and told her that I understood it.

A few months later, my dress came back and to my surprise, it’s like new! Needless to say, I’m incredibly impressed and would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 04/28/2020

Heritage Garment Preservation's reply:

Thank you so much Jaimie for the review! We are thrilled that you are happy. The team here at Heritage Garment Preservation LOVES caring for the treasures that come to us. Much TLC is given to each one, for every gown is unique and special :-)
    We appreciate the recommendation

Savannah Denison · Married on 04/04/2019

Highly Recommend

Heritage was fast and easy to work with. There was very little to do on my end and they got my dress back to looking like new.

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

So easy & stress free

I was so nervous to get my wedding dress cleaned. I looked a bunch of local places, but just did not feel comfortable using them. I was so happy with Heritage and the work they did on my dress. They were also so easy to communicate with-- even with COVID going on.

Sent on 06/09/2020
  • Sloane

Sloane · Married on 09/21/2018

Fantastic communication, pricing, and care of my wedding dress!

I had a great experience with Heritage Garment Preservation. My wedding dress had been hanging in my closet for over a year after our wedding and I had no idea what to do with it. I knew it needed some TLC - there were some stains and a few tears - but I didn't know who to send it too and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I found Heritage online, they were popping up everywhere and had great reviews, so I pulled the trigger. The representative who worked with me was fantastic, there was great communication and she explained every step along the way. The price was very reasonable. When I got my dress back, it came in a nice box that had custom details about our wedding. I highly recommend using Heritage!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 08/02/2018

Beautiful!

I was so happy when I received my gown in such beautiful condition after being sent away to Heritage. As you can imagine, it was a little nerve-wracking to send away such a special (an expensive) gown, but I was so pleased to see how much care and detail was put into the entire process. They communicated very promptly and were always keeping me in the loop with every step of the process. It was worth every penny!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Megan · Married on 07/28/2018

When I decided to wear my grandmothers wedding dress that dates back to 1953, I knew I had to find a trusted company to restore it. The dress had not been properly stored and required extensive cleaning and care. Heritage garment preservations did an amazing job restoring my grandmothers dress. They maintained contact throughout the whole process and discussed with me all plans for restoration. I couldn’t be happier and I cannot wait to walk down the aisle in my grandmothers vintage wedding dress!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Martha · Married on 06/23/2018

The wedding gown was expertly cleaned, mended and wrapped quickly and sent back to us ahead of schedule. Several emails kept us informed of its progress. Very convenient and professional!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Lindsey · Married on 06/10/2018

I really can't say enough about how wonderful Heritage Garment Preservation was in cleaning my wedding dress. My poor hemline had been relatively destroyed, as it poured rain on my wedding day for an outdoor ceremony, and my dyed-blue shoes bled all over it! That in addition to just the wear and tear of being outside and dancing/having the dress danced on, really made a mess of things. Adding to challenge was that the dress was a fairly elaborate lace. But I never had to worry!! HGP worked some magic on my dress, and it's honestly just like new. They were also wonderfully responsive, sending me updates at every single step of the process.

AND, not knowing what I really needed (Or what they were really capable of doing) I initially just paid for the basic cleaning. When they received the dress and evaluated things, they messaged me about what the addition damage was, that they could take care of it, and a completely fair and reasonable price for the additional cleaning. It was easy and straightforward to pay the additional charge and get everything squared away. I would absolutely recommend their services to absolutely anyone needing their wedding dress cleaned!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Nancy Anderson · Married on 06/02/2018

Heritage Garment Preservation

Excellent service and looks beautiful. My daughter is very happy. Thank you

Sent on 02/14/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Henson · Married on 06/02/2018

Great service throughout the entire process. Friendly staff.

My daughter's wedding gown was heavy lace from head to train. I didnt know who I would be able to trust to clean and preserve the gown properly until I found Heritage Garment Preservation. Suzanne was so friendly and very knowledgable of the proper techniques on cleaning the gown. She was very thorough every step of the way. They are excellent on staying in contact throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend HGP for your gown cleaning and preservation needs!!

Sent on 11/10/2020
  • Meredith

Meredith Whitaker · Married on 04/28/2018

Amazing work!

I used Heritage Garment to have my own gown cleaned (Rebecca Ingram Allison) and to have my Mom's gown from 1976 restored. Sending both gowns together got me a discount. They did an incredible job on both gowns. My Mom's gown was yellowed with some large brown stains from years of being in a cardboard box in the attic. After Heritage's work, her gown is good as new. I couldn't believe it. And both dresses came back safely, they even returned the garment bag I'd used for my gown which I wasn't expecting. The whole process will take a long time, but the finished result is absolutely flawless.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Dale Barth · Married on 04/28/2018

Wonderful!!!

I reviewed a few sites and decided upon Heritage to preserve my daughter's gown. I ended up choosing the museum quality option. Chanda was the best, dealing with answering all my questions and concerns. The gown and detachable train, packaged and preserved separately, as I had requested, were delivered perfectly. I took the dress and immediately hung it in a closet and the train was packaged in a wonderful box which I was able to put under a bed. They answer your emails in a timely fashion as well as being reachable by phone. I am so happy that I chose Heritage and would not hesitate to refer them to anyone who wants to preserve their gown.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Jennifer · Married on 04/06/2018

Heritage did a wonderful job cleaning and repairing my wedding gown when I married my husband the first time. They went above and beyond my expectations. Now I can wear my beautiful gown when I marry my husband again next weekend.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Harriette · Married on 01/06/2018

Heritage managed to clean and whiten my older veil so that it matched perfectly with my daughter's wedding dress. Then they went above and beyond to clean and repair her gown after the wedding. We had an unexpected snow and ice storm in North Carolina in January. The bottom of her dress looked like it was ruined! They did a phenomenal job, and there is no evidence of the water stains on the silk fabric. I would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Courtney · Married on 11/18/2017

I am wearing my grandmothers 61 yr old gown. It went from yellow colored with rust stains, to white and spot free. I greatly appreciate the service and hard work of this staff. I will definitely recommend them to people!!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Simone · Married on 06/03/2017

I had my wedding dress cleaned and preserved. It looks absolutely stunning. Chanda was absolutely wonderful and kept me posted through the entire process. The service was personable, professional, and timely. I’m so happy that I found Heritage Preservation.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Tamara · Married on 05/28/2017

Staff was very professional and courtesy as well as knowledgeable. They did a fantastic job and everything was as promised.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Kelsey · Married on 05/26/2017

Great Service!

I am so glad I did this- I was apprehensive because it is expensive to clean and preserve but my dress got so dirty and suffered some tears and I knew I would regret leaving such an expensive investment in that kind of shape. The dress came back looking as clean and white as it did when I bought it. The company customer service was prompt with my concerns and everything went according to the plan they laid out.

Sent on 10/23/2018