Hello Darling Beauty Reviews

View more information

3.7

• Emily
    Emily Married on 09/24/2019
    Courtney and the Hello Darling Beauty team did such a great job on my wedding day. I hired HDB for my wedding hair and am SO glad that I did. I came to my trial with an idea and a few photos and she made it happen within 30 minutes. I was SO impressed.

Courtney is easy going and super accommodating to what you want. She has a ton of experience and a creative edge. She made my floral boho vision come alive with beautiful loose curls and the addition of flowers from my florist. I got married on a hot day in June and my hair style lasted from 2 pm up until the end of the night. HUGE WIN because I have fine hair.

I loved what Courtney & her fellow HDB stylist created for my bridesmaids as well. My florist provided extra floral pieces to get pinned into each of the girl's hair and it was PERFECT! Courtney knew exactly what she was doing.

HDB is responsive and professional. She arrived early on the wedding day and set up quickly. Courtney is very enjoyable to be around and makes getting ready fun! She was a hit with my bridal party. I can't recommend Hello Darling Beauty enough.

Thanks, Courtney!
  • Cassie
    Cassie Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful make-up and hair

I was looking for make-up for my wedding day that was glamorous but also kind of natural, so I still felt like myself. The stylist did an amazing job - I loved how I looked and my bridesmaids looked gorgeous too! The hair stylist was also amazing, I wanted a loose bun with a braid, and it looked awesome.
    Taylor Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing! Wonderful to work with and so talented

I had followed HDB on instagram for months before I initially reached out to Courtney with an inquiry about doing hair and makeup for my wedding day. She got back to me in a fair amount of time letting me know yes, they were available, and gave me information about a deposit and pricing for my bridal party. I booked their services immediately and I am so glad!

We had quite a large bridal party- 5 bridesmaids that needed hair styling, and 4 bridesmaids that wanted their makeup done, in addition to my mom and myself (who needed both services) and 3 flower girls getting their hair done. They sent 3 fabulous ladies to do our hair and makeup that day, including Taylor and Lindsey who did my trial!

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about these girls. They were efficient, but also so much fun to have with us on the morning of my wedding. They did an incredible job on everyone's hair and makeup, and everyone felt their best. I can confidently say I don't think I've ever looked better. Even after having my trial done for a half up style, I had changed my mind and wanted it up instead, and Lindsey just rolled with it! It came out absolutely beautifully.

Courtney and her team are so talented, kind, and bring a sense of calm to your wedding day-- they know what they are doing! We are so happy we used Hello Darling Beauty!
  • Peach Snapple
    Amy Married on 05/26/2017
    Courtney and her team are very professional and provide quality work. I came in with an idea and she made it happen on the first try during the trial. She knows her stuff, and come wedding day, my hair and makeup was better than I could have imagined! Great value compared to other services in the area. It was also very convenient for us that she comes to your wedding venue.

Amy,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so happy you loved your wedding look! I enjoyed so much creating it for you! I wish you and your now hubby *YAY!* a wonderful marriage and thank you so much for being a HDB Bride!
    Karoline Married on 10/03/2015
    Courtney from Hello Darling Beauty did a BEAUTIFUL job on my wedding day makeup. I was so pleased how it turned out, and love the way it looked in photos...elegant and natural. I would recommend her to anyone!
    Crystle Married on 07/01/2017
    I had a great time using Hello Darling Beauty. I was so happy with their services on the day of. The only downside to this company is that there is one flat rate for all the girls services. Only one payment is taken so one of us had to put over a thousand dollars onto one card and then each of the girls had to pay that person. They also don't have a phone number to get in contact with them. It is just email that they allow contact through. Besides those two little things I was very pleased with everything else! The price is fair and the quality of service was great!

Hi Crystle!

Thank you so much for letting us be apart of your special day! I am so glad you were pleased with your services! We require payment in full before the day, as do most other wedding vendors, because we know how chaotic it is trying to collect payment from each person on the day of through much experience and would rather have everyone relaxed and only worrying about enjoying the day! We are only available via email so that we are able to respond more conveniently seeing that we all are always on location doing beauty services or at our other full time jobs and therefore would not be able to answer a phone call. In all, I am pleased that your day ran smoothly and that you felt your best on your day! Thanks again Crystle! We were so happy to have you as a HDB Bride!!
  • Kristi Lynn
    Kristi P. Married on 11/09/2019

Non ideal hair/make up experience

I booked Hello Darling Beauty for my wedding this past November. I discovered them through a list of vendor recommendations from my venue that was already chosen. The booking process was easy, however I was only able to get in touch with them through their website vs an email address. Being a naive first time bride I decided not to book a hair/make-up trial which is definitely one of my regrets. Though they arrived on time to my venue my and my bridesmaids experience was definitely way way below my expectations. My bridesmaids hairstyles were not done in the way at all that we had asked. We were asked to show pictures of how their hair was to be done. Which I wasn't picky with the exact style and had a few image choices. Each image however showed loose natural curls that were very similar to a natural wave and very very loose. I also asked to have their hair pulled back created a half up half down look. The half up half down look was done but all of their curls where way too tight and not natural looking at all which was not at all what we had asked for. For make up I allowed my bridesmaids to choose what they wanted, however their make up was done not at all how they wanted. Their makeup came out way too heavy and not natural at all. Now on to me.. I had emailed with Hello Darling Beauty a couple weeks prior as I was going to do a trial a month before the wedding but decided against it due to not wanting my fiancee to see it. I had discussed that I wanted a pin up inspired look and the stylist had informed me that it would be no issue. I showed an image of my hair and make up ideas on the day of and was said it could be done. I had also purchased a large flower to be pinned into my hair. The stylists definitely seemed to be in a rush the entire time and I was even asked to start the services earlier than expected. Which after we had all arrived and were in process the make up artist stated that she had forgot the false eyelashes at home and needed to go get them. Upon her return she had them in a shopping bag that seemed like she had just gone to buy them. Back to me, the main look of my make up was thick eye liner, red lipstick and a classic pin up look. The stylist forgot to apply my eyeliner, forgot to apply blush, applied barely any bronzer, and my eyebrows looked like they had been shaded with a crayon. I had to ask for things to be fixed multiple times while the make up artist was trying to get ready to leave. We were also left with absolutely no materials for touch up applications. As for my hair it was barely styled the way I had asked and the flower was so lightly pinned to my hair that it moved everytime I turned my head. My bridesmaids had to properly fix my hair and my make up. I was definitely not pleased with their services and would not recommend them.
    Tina Married on 09/02/2018
    I don’t ever write bad reviews, but their service really shocked me especially after getting a good recommendation from my photographer. I first sent an email out asking if she was available for my wedding date along with asking for the pricing, which she responded in good time and said she was available. My second email which I sent on the same day as her reply was(as any couple who had to budget their wedding properly) asking her if there are any promotions and I would like to move on with everything-further giving her details about where my wedding will be and how many girls there will be. Didn’t get a response back till the following week with a short message saying that date has already been filled. The unprofessionalism of booking someone over me without even confirming me first is one, but the fact that just because I asked IF there were any promotions has made her completely ignore me was just absurd. When I told her she’d ignored my messages on purpose just because I asked if there were promotions, booked someone over me, and now when I told her I would’ve just worked the price out in my budget if she had told me there weren’t any promotions, all of a sudden she is able to book me in for the date and told me she didn’t ignore my message, she was simply too busy to reply me over the busy weekend...
    she was too busy to reply me, but not busy enough to book someone over me?
    I work in the service industry and seriously, honest integrity is number one when dealing with clients.
    Please read my review and DONT hire her.

Tina,

I apologize that someone unfortunately paid their save the date expense that was previously sent to them. I hadn't heard back from the client in weeks and wasn't expecting the payment. I had no contacted them during the weekend, but from a previous discussion.

Thank-you
    Tina Married on 09/02/2018
    How are there good reviews for this?! I wish you could give this zero stars, but I guess by default they have to be a 0.5. Maybe their business has gotten better and they are more cocky and selective about their customers, but the customer service was horrible! I booked another place for about $100 more than what this place offered, but I'd much rather spend more than put myself in the hands of such irresponsible, passive aggressive owner. Talking to her has seriously made planning for my wedding even more stressful. So disappointed with them.