Hello Beautiful Reviews

17 Reviews for Hello Beautiful

Hello Beautiful 1
Hello Beautiful 2

Kim Michelle · Married on 10/14/2017

I am very thankful to have a met an awesome MUA. Kim has been doing my makeup for a very long time. I've ventured with other MUA's but none have compared to the work that Kim has done. The work that she has done, has been impeccable. I have used her for every occasion you can possibly imagine. I've had her do my makeup for events such as weddings (forever bridesmaid here), dinners, costume parties (yes, she is very creative as well), and for just because events.

I'm not a person to wear a lot of makeup, so for her to take the time and attention to what and how I like my makeup to be, it speaks volumes. My initial experience with her, made me know on the spot that I wanted her as my MUA. She's a sweet girl with an awesome personality. She made me feel comfortable and very relaxed, when I tell her what I would like.

Her level of professionalism is outstanding. She is great with communication and she's always on time for every event I've needed her for. I've received many compliments in regards to my makeup. I love feeling natural in my own skin and Kim has been able to deliver! My makeup has lasted a full day, including crying and being outside for a wedding. You can easily see that she places a lot of thought into her work. I can't wait for the day that she will do my makeup for my wedding. She's a beautiful and thoughtful person inside and out. PROMISE, she will make you feel beautiful, too! Thank you so much Kim!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Kim Michelle! I have been doing your makeup for years now, and I look forward to doing your makeup for many more special occasions to come especially your wedding! Thank you for choosing me as your go to MUA and for the very kind words!

Terry · Married on 09/09/2017

Kim did my daughter and her wedding parties' makeup on September 9, 2017. I was lucky enough to have my makeup done also! I have to say, we all looked stunning, and are very pleased!

Megan · Married on 09/02/2017

Kim was already booked the day of my wedding, but gave me the option to use another artist from her team Jen. I loved Kim's portfolio enough to schedule a trial with Jen and I'm so glad I did! She did my hair exactly like I wanted and made my makeup look flawless but still natural, which was really important to me. When I first saw myself in the mirror I was blown away by how Jen made me look EXACTLY HOW I HAD PICTURED. During the trial Jen was so receptive to feedback and willing to try different things so I could be sure of exactly what I wanted on my wedding day. She let me try different lip colors until we found the perfect one and I was unsure if I wanted around my eyes darker or lighter so she tried both ways so I could make a decision. She replicated everything exactly how I wanted on the day of and she was so fun to work with! Two other ladies from the team Latoya and Destini also helped Jen with bridesmaids hair and makeup, everyone looked so beautiful and said they wished we could hire all three ladies on a daily basis.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Megan thank you so much for sharing your experience with my team! Our goal is to ensure our brides have a great time with us and that they look and feel absolutely beautiful on their wedding day. We are thrilled that we were successful in achieving this goal with you. Thanks for choosing us and congratulations on your marriage!

Jennifer · Married on 12/10/2016

Kim and her partner hair stylist were AMAZING!! Seriously, I planned a wedding in 2 weeks. She was available which was incredible to begin with, but in addition to that, I didn't have the luxury of time to do a "trial." I had to just take the risk and see what they could do for me. They both did an incredible job. I've never felt so beautiful :) Thanks!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you for sharing Jennifer! We were happy to be available to be a part of your special day and you looked absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Xoxo

Brittany · Married on 10/29/2016

Having Kim and her team travel from VA beach to northern VA was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning. Every bridesmaid's hair and makeup were done to perfection and looked exactly the way we described and/or showed in pictures. My makeup was absolutely amazing and done exactly the way I wanted, making me feel beyond perfect on my wedding day. So much fun and incredibly talented!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you for sharing Brittany! We were happy to travel up north and get you and your girls all dolled up. We had a blast with you fun girls!! Thank you for choosing us for your special day, it was truly an honor.

Susan · Married on 07/23/2016

I booked Kim as my makeup artist for my wedding (July 23) and I just knew I was in great hands. We did a trial run so that I could figure out the look I wanted, and I gave her a few pictures for inspiration. I highly recommend a trial run, because we tried a lighter look and then a smokier look and I was able to choose which look I wanted (I went with smokier). On the wedding day, she replicated it perfectly! I felt beautiful on my wedding day. I also had 8 bridesmaids and 2 mothers that had their makeup done (Kim had another makeup artist helping her), and everyone looked flawless! She is definitely a perfectionist, and is so down to Earth. Even if you are not used to wearing full coverage makeup, she makes you feel very comfortable. Kim, THANK YOU for everything! It was perfect!!!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you so much Susan! It was an honor to be a part of your special day and I'm happy you loved your makeup! Seeing everything altogether with your dress, shoes, hair and makeup brought tears to my eyes. You were a vision!!

Saemi · Married on 02/06/2016

I've used many different people for makeup at events and by far, Kimmy has done the best job. She is great and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing this Saemi! I'm so happy you would recommend me and that you had a great experience!!

I was fortunate enough to have Kim take care of myself and a few of my bridesmaids for my wedding day. I went through 2 other trials and both of which where disastrous and the MUA that we had planned on for the day of declined the task two day suu prior to the wedding. So I prepared myself to do my own makeup and the bridesmaid for the big day. My sister recommended Kim to me about 3 weeks prior to my wedding after hearing much of my worries and I am so glad she got in touch with me. Kim is amazing at her craft and her personality is so sweet that she can relax even the most anxious of brides. She welcomed the idea of using some products i provided where I knew worked well on my very oily skin. She even happily took care of a few of my bridemaid,literally last minute, to make sure everyone was taken care of and looked gorgeous for the big event. I would highly recommend hiring her for any event. Thank you Kim for taking such fabulous care of us!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It was truly an honor to be your wedding makeup artist. You were such a lovely bride, clients like you make me love my job!!

Anna · Married on 07/11/2015

I couldn't have been happier with my makeup for my wedding! I typically don't wear a lot of makeup and didn't really have a clue of what "style" I wanted other than I was leaning towards more natural, but less tired (ha!). Kim was extremely helpful in giving advice, making suggestions when I wanted them, and the makeup was SUPERB! The eyeshadow was perfect, perfectly blended and she chose the best shades for my skin tone and for the time of year (July). The lipstick (I normally HATE wearing anything on my lips) was a beautiful shade and I don't know what product she used, but it didn't bother me at all. Everything was perfect and I would HIGHLY recommend her (and have recommended her to all my friends)!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Anna! You made such a gorgeous bride and I felt honored to get you all dolled up for your wedding day. Your wedding was amazing- not a dry eye in the crowd! Good thing for waterproof mascara!!

Kelly · Married on 01/10/2015

Was a maid of honor for my sister's wedding, Kim did the bride and all of the bridesmaids makeup. It was such a wonderful experience, the makeup was gorgeous and Kim made the whole experience very fun and lively. Highly recommended!

Hello Beautiful 3
    Hello Beautiful 4

Jennifer Phan · Married on 01/10/2015

Wonderful Experience

You will love Kim! She did my make for my wedding. She was professional, punctual, funny and made not only me feel gorgeous but my mother and all my bridesmaids. Kim has an eye for color, and respectfully listens to any requests and works in a well-paced manner without making anyone feel rushed. She is talented in her craft and you can tell she loves what she does. I can't recommend Kim enough. If you need a makeup artist-Kim is your go to!

Keithley · Married on 04/07/2012

I knew getting thrown into the planning process of a wedding, lining vendors up was pertinent on my already growing to-do list. Booking a MUA at the time was important to me, because I'd never been one to take the time to even apply or dabble in makeup. I was seriously a novice at it, and wanted someone to take the reigns on this dilemma.

I'd always been into the "au naturale" look. So when I heard about Kim Nguyen through a friend, I decided to take the plunge and commit to a trial. I was nervous meeting her initially, because I was entrusting this person with one of the most important days of my life. When I met Kim, not only was she extremely kind and sweet, she took the time to listen to my ideas and what I wanted as far as too little or too much (as far as my wedding look). I was at ease discussing my ideas with her. She also asked me about any skin issues and if I had questions for her as we continued on with the trial. We agreed on a purple smokey-eye look during the trial, a neutral lip, and went with romantic/elegant visage to balance out the eyes.

The big day finally came, and Kim was not only punctual, but she worked effortlessly through all of the commotion and chaos going on in the bridal room that day. She took her time, but she also worked efficiently knowing that there was a schedule we were all trying to stick to. Kim did not disappoint once again, and her beautiful work was just as great (if not better), and did NOT go unnoticed. Simply put- she made me feel confident and beautiful on my special day. I can't thank her enough. I was thoroughly impressed with her, and I definitely recommend her to any bride-to-be looking for a trusted MUA who listens and cares about the client.

Sent on 04/10/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing this Keithley! It was such a wonderful experience getting to know you and creating a wedding look for you. You were a stunning bride and it was truly a pleasure to be a part of it!

Melanie · Married on 05/21/2011

Kimmy did my make up for me and my bridesmaids beautifully on my wedding day. She listened well to my likes and dislikes during our makeup trial. I have combination type skin, didn't get much sleep the night before the wedding, and had a mild to moderate acne breakout. On the day of my wedding, she definitely had me looking flawless, bright, and awake. My make up didn't run and stayed on all day (about 11 hours).

Sent on 05/18/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you so much Melanie! It was a lot of fun glamming you and your girls up on your wedding day. You were all so sweet and made my job super easy!

Erica · Married on 07/07/2007

I had Kim do my make up as a bridesmaid for two weddings and another one coming up this year. She does an amazing job and I highly recommend her. She is talented and professional.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience Erica! It's always a pleasure getting to do your makeup for these special occasions!
  • xjoyceee

Joyce · Married on 07/01/2017

Kim and Jen did an amazing job with my wedding hair and makeup! I absolutely loved my look for my wedding day. My mom, sister, and auntie loved their looks from them as well. They really made me feel beautiful for my special day, and what they did was exactly what I'd wanted from our original hair and makeup trial. They were both so friendly and easy to work with. They make you so comfortable sitting with them while they do their amazing work. They were also very flexible, adding my auntie to their list the morning of the wedding. They were more than happy to do it and were still able to finish everyone's hair and makeup on time. I was so happy with the final product and couldn't be more please with the two of them. They work so well together!

Kristine · Married on 09/27/2014

Had a great experience with Kim, who was referred to me by a friend. She was very easy going and listen to everything I wanted for my bid day. We had several makeup trials for which she was always flexible, and easy to reach for rescheduling. All of my brudesmaudes and the two mins lived their makup. She even did two ladies that were not originally accounted for. Kim made the process very easy and enjoyable. I would recommend her if you want a professional makeup artist, who listens and cares about the wants and needs of her brides. Thanks again Kim, you rock!!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Hello Beautiful's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing Kristine! I really enjoyed getting to know you and getting you ready on your wedding day. You were such a sweet and lovely bride and it was truly an honor to be part of such a special moment!