Heather Rea Style Studio Reviews

132 | Frederick, MD

132 Reviews for Heather Rea Style Studio

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 04/27/2013

I booked Heather to do my makeup for my engagement photos and she was AMAZING. Heather was able to work with my limited schedule and location without any interruption. In addition I had a mishap that left me with a cut above my eye. Not only did I look natural but she was able to cover up the cut enough that it went unnoticed in the photographs. I have never felt more beautiful than after getting out of her chair. I highly recommend her.
    Thank you Heather!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Camila · Married on 04/06/2013

Heather did my makeup for my wedding as well as 5 of my bridesmaids and my moms eyelashes. We were all SO happy with the results! Heather was a pleasure to work with the months leading up to the wedding. She was extremely professional and listened to everything I asked. The day of the wedding, she kept everyone at ease and made everyone look so beautiful.

Sent on 04/28/2013

Stephanie · Married on 03/23/2013

Heather did makeup for me and a few others in my wedding party and it turned out perfectly. I loved my makeup...it still looked natural and I received so many compliments. The other girls who got their makeup done were also so happy with how it turned out. Heather is SO sweet and so easy to work with. I didn't have many ideas for what I wanted but she was still able to nail it. She was so accommodating as well since I was only about a month out from my wedding before I realized I didn't have a makeup artist. She was very responsive and still made a point to fit a trial in, she came to my house and it went so well. I am so happy with my decision to use Heather...she is amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2012

Heather came on recommendation from my wedding planner, and I am sure glad I met her! She is very sweet and very easy to work with. We were able to communicate the look I was going for by using magazines, since I don't usually wear wake up and am not up on all the terms. She was on time for both the trial and the big day. She made everyone feel comfortable and listened to what they wanted. If there was something some one wanted changed, Heather was very gracious and worked with them until it was right. She took care of my make up, my four bridesmaids, my mother, and several cousins and didn't break a sweat. I highly recommend Heather.

Sent on 01/08/2013

Kim · Married on 11/11/2012

Heather Rea is extremely prompt, responsive, and definitely talented. I met with her a few times prior to my wedding day and she was very accommodating. She listened to what I (and my bridal party) liked, and we all looked amazing as we walked down the aisle. She became part of our family and we enjoyed her so much. She made me look and feel like a princess on my special day. I can never thank her enough for being a huge part of my wedding day. She also made my earrings which were perfect for my dress. It was so easy and she delivered to my home prior to the big day. I loved them! I found Heather on wedding wire and it was by far the best choice I made. You can never go wrong by chosing Heather. She is a true professional and such a sweet genuine person.

Sent on 11/19/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2012

Heather really chose tones and applications that complimented me, and I didn't feel like my make-up was overdone or made me look like someone other than myself (which I have seen on other brides before). I felt absolutely beautiful and confident all day long, and the make-up lasted really well through lots of hugs, kisses and dancing! She was so easy to work with, very professional, and really contributed to making the whole day smooth and stress-less. I would recommend Heather without hesitation to anyone I know in need of make-up services!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Trisha · Married on 09/29/2012

Heather Rea was absolutely amazing. She was extremely knowledgeable and personable! As I was getting my makeup done for my wedding day I was very nervous with wedding jitters but Heather made sure that I was calm and taken care of. Looking back I can't imagine hiring anyone else! She is so friendly and helpful! I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Beth · Married on 09/29/2012

I loved working with Heather! She did an awesome job with my makeup. I had the airbrush done with false lashes. My makeup lasted all day without touching up. I had non stop compliments. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with. Of course my luck I had a cold sore that morning. When she was done you couldn't even see it! I felt very beautiful and glamorous,but also natural at the same time. Thank you for everything Heather!! xoxo

Sent on 11/01/2012

Emily · Married on 09/08/2012

Heather provided exceptional services for myself, my entire bridal party and both mothers. Her skill level is extraordinary and is a pure pleasure to work with. Our makeup stayed fresh all day and never needed touched up! Heather made everyone feel at ease and everyone raved about how beautiful they looked and felt. She was the perfect addition to my wedding day!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Heather did an amazing job with my make up! I was so pleased with my engagement pictures-- everything felt so light on but it really showed up in the pictures! She was on time, and left enough time at the end of the appointment in case I needed to add anything! Heather was fantastic! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Liz · Married on 07/14/2012

Heather was AMAZING! She did make up for myself, my 5 bridesmaids, my mother, and my MIL. Everyone looked gorgeous! Heather was recommended to us through someone who works for Bobbi Brown (my fav make up) and she lived up to everything we had hoped for and more! She is professional, caring, and kind, and she will do exactly what you want (or what you didn't know you wanted/couldn't explain!). We received so many compliments on our make up throughout the night as well, so it was clearly a success.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2012

Heather was an absolute joy to work with. She was extremely flexible and worked around my schedule which was wonderful because I was living in one state and planning a wedding in another. As soon as we got started with the trial I knew Heather would be perfect for the job. She was prompt, very professional and had a great sense of humor. On the day of my wedding Heather was once again wonderful. My makeup was flawless and I felt beautiful. My bridesmaids, mom, and mother in law all looked and felt great too. Heather's prices are definitely affordable and she can come to you. I highly recommend getting in touch with her if you are looking for a makeup artist for your wedding or another special event.

Sent on 05/30/2012

Rebecca · Married on 05/19/2012

Heather was absolutely wonderful! She was very responsive and professional and made it fun. She was flexible for meeting times for the trial and wedding day and showed up early for both. I was also happy that the wedding day makeup was exactly like what she did the trial day. The makeup was beautiful and she really listened to what look we all wanted. She had an awesome set up and large makeup selection. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Caroline · Married on 05/12/2012

Heather is an amazing makeup artist! She made my bridesmaids, my mother and me all look like we were all born with flawless skin! I had guests at my wedding ask me who did my makeup and the wedding party's makeup because everyone looked so good!

Heather is a complete professional and a pleasure to work with. She is easy to get in touch with and quick to reply to emails. Workign with her was totally stress free! She was punctual and very organized. Heather even came to to my house to do a makeup trial. Her product knowledge and skill are superior to any other makeup artist I"ve ever worked with. She knows how to choose colors that will compliment and flatter all different skin tones. She also knows how to make everyone look stunning! Additionally, Heather was really sweet and made getting ready for my wedding fun. My bridesmaids, my mother and I all had a great time chatting with her while we sat in her chair to get our makeup done.

I know this review is long but I cannot say enough good things about Heather Rea! I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/31/2012

Katie · Married on 04/21/2012

Heather was a great addition to my wedding day! She is incredibly talented and very good at listening to her clients. She has a huge array of products to give you the look that you're looking for and was very fun and easy to work with. Prices are very reasonable too. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Lauren · Married on 04/14/2012

Heather was fantastic! I found her 2 months before my wedding after firing my previous make up artist. Heather is so responsive, professional, friendly, and great at what she does! She made me feel comfortable at the trial. If I didn't like something, she was quick to correct it. The airbrush make-up stayed on all day for both the trial and the wedding. We had a noon wedding with 4 people needing make up, so I was worried about timing - Heather was so efficient that timing was not even an issue! She was one of my favorite wedding vendors and I highly recommend her to other brides!

Sent on 05/03/2012
  • EGraham

Emily · Married on 12/31/2011

I do not have a negative word to say about Heather. She was on time, professional, and most of all made me feel AMAZING! I asked her for a very natural look and she did just that. The hair person was running very behind and even though Heather had to stay an extra 30 minutes, which is totally obnoxious - she told me it was no problem and had a smile on her face the whole time. I would strongly recommend Heather to anyone and everyone who ever needs a make-up application. I was hesitant to have fake lashes and they were awesome and stayed on until I washed my face the next morning. If I ever have another important event I will absolutely contact Heather to see if she is free. Thanks a million Heather for making me feel fantastic on my wedding day.

Sent on 01/05/2012

Rebecca · Married on 10/01/2011

Heather did makeup for my wedding -- including the mothers of the bride and groom and the bride. She did a fabulous job. She was very responsive to what I wanted. I don't wear a lot of makeup usually so I was looking for a very natural look and was having a hard time finding someone who would really respect that. She struck just the right balance for me and got votes of approval from the bridesmaids and the groom! She was also just very professional and easy to work with. She came early, brought all of her own supplies (including a chair) and even helped me figure out which products I should buy ahead of time for touch ups.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Sharon · Married on 07/14/2010

This was not actually my own wedding, but I was a guest at my cousin's wedding; I asked Heather to make me some bracelets that would coordinate with the colors and style of my dress. She made me two absolutely stunning bracelets in just the right colors....they were the perfect accessories! I got loads of compliments on them, and they are versatile enough that I have since been able to wear them for other events as well (and gotten more compliments!) Heather was very professional and prompt. She listened to what I wanted and she delivered that and more in terms of quality and beauty. I would recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 11/20/2011

Kathlyn · Married on 12/05/2015

Heather was so great to work with. She made me and my bridesmaids feel incredible beautiful! I love her and would totally use her again!!

Sent on 01/31/2016

Heather and her assistant were truly wonderful to work with. The trial was great and Heather was good at translating my inspiration images into reality. A friend of a friend recommended her to me and I would do the same for any future bride! Heather did a great job of keeping the schedule on track and listening to what all of my bridesmaids wanted for their own makeup.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/09/2014

Pre-wedding stress had my skin in less than perfect shape. I also got married in August, so heat and humidity was a concern! I wanted my makeup to last all day but thought it was a pipe dream. However the air brush makeup did just that. I think I touched up once with translucent powder but otherwise my makeup looked the same at 10 that morning as it did at 10 that night. During the consultation/trial Heather listened to what I wanted and I was very happy with my natural, yet flawless look. She's flexible and professional. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Megan · Married on 10/22/2011

Heather is wonderful! She provided makeup services for me and my MOH, then squeezed in a little eye makeup for my cousin at the last minute. She was VERY accommodating through the whole process--even coming to a hotel to do my trial since I was planning an out-of-town wedding from NYC. I wanted a very natural look: soft on the lips, but big, bright eyes, and she really nailed it. My groom was pleasantly surprised, giving a big seal of approval after the trial (I think he was expecting I wouldn't look like myself). My bridesmaids wore charcoal gray and Heather suggested doing a charcoal smokey eye, which really made my eyes pop in the pictures alongside the bridal party. Other than reapplying lipstick, my makeup and lashes held up great all night...even holding up to tears after a special moment with my Dad outside the church, just before our ceremony. No smudges while I walked down the aisle to meet my husband. :-) I would highly recommend Heather to any bride in the D.C. area!

Sent on 05/08/2012
  • Kelley

Kelley M. · Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful!

I had the best experience from step one with Heather Rea. Heather was quick to reply to my email inquiry and from then on responded within the same day or the very next day to my emails and phone calls. The prices were expensive with added fees for travel and etc., but the quality was worth it.
    Morgan came to our venue to do my makeup and my bridesmaids. She arrived on time and promptly set up. She was so sweet and professional. We were very thankful for her work and everyone LOVED their final looks! She highlighted our natural features and made us feel glamorous.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2018

Understands preferences, flexible

Heather (makeup) and Sarah (hair) are a great team. They both did an excellent job of listening to my preferences and accommodating them/coming up with their own ideas. I had two trials because I wasn't sure after the first one, and Heather was very happy to make sure I was happy! The only thing, both times during scheduling the trial, Heather changed the time at the last minute, which was tough because the trial was far from my house and I was surprised it happened twice. She was in the process of moving, so it was understandable but a bit inconvenient. I also struggled with the contract formatting, it is an excel sheet and was difficult to sign and send back due to print formatting. A more streamlined contract system would help, especially since we changed it a few times. The bottom line, however, is that I was happy with my hair and makeup and everything went really well on the wedding day. Thank you, Heather!

Sent on 11/27/2018