Heather Rea Style Studio Reviews

Heather Rea Style Studio 1
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful Hair and Makeup

Heather's team did such a great job with the hair and makeup for my wedding! They came to our hotel room before the ceremony and did the hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids. They were super accommodating and everyone loved how they looked! We all received so many compliments!

Lindsey · Married on 10/07/2018

Perfect bridal hair and makeup!

I cannot thank Heather and Jessie enough for making me feel like such a beautiful bride on my wedding day! I had trials for both hair and makeup which were so much fun, and both Heather and Jessie took their time tweaking minor things, trying out different color lipsticks, etc. I have been dealing with skin issues on and off for the last few years, and the airbrush foundation technique that Heather uses made my skin look flawless.

On the wedding day, Heather provided me with a touch-up kit that came in handy all day and night. I am not typically a lipstick or lip gloss wearer, but I have used both multiple times since the wedding!

I highly recommend using Heather Rea Style Studio for your bridal and wedding party hair and makeup. You truly get your money's worth!

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2018

Stop looking for a make-up artist and hair stylist! Heather Rae Style Studio is outstanding! I was extremely thrilled with my makeup and hair, as were my bridesmaids and mothers. Heather did our make-up and Sarah did our hair. Both executed our wishes flawlessly. The makeup was natural and amplified our own features. My hair was exactly what I wanted. I have natural highlights and Sarah had braided a blonde streak so prettily. Both were receptive to any input. Heather Rae Style Studio is also competitively priced and worth every penny. Thank you so much to Heather and Sarah for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day.

Katherine · Married on 06/30/2018

I was really picky when selecting a hair/makeup artist for my wedding. I searched for weeks until I came across photos of Heather's work. Everybody in my bridal party, including my mother and mother-in-law, was so thrilled with how their makeup turned out. Many people have asked me/my bridesmaids who did our makeup because it looked so great! The makeup stayed on all night, despite it being the hottest day of the year.

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2018

As a bride, a felt a little overwhelmed with how many choices there were for makeup out there. A friend recommended Heather Rea Style studio to me and I’m SO glad that I chose them! Heather was amazing to work with during the planning process. She was professional and made things so easy. On the big day, my makeup artist was Iris and she was phenomenal! My entire bridal party looked flawless and our makeup held up beautifully in the June heat. Even my mother-in-law, who is not a makeup person, loved how she looked! Thank you, Heather and Iris!

Erica · Married on 05/19/2018

I'm so glad I hired Heather. I felt like she was able to make me look my best, while respecting my preference for natural-looking makeup. Heather made it easy for my bridal party to tell her if there was anything they didn't like, and willing to make changes (although I'm not sure if anybody needed any!). My wedding day was misty/rainy, and the make-up lasted all day. She was truly a wonderfully positive presence on my wedding day and I totally recommend her.

• Marlee

Marlee · Married on 04/14/2018

Amazing Wedding Make up

I didn't even know if I really wanted my make up done for my wedding because I usually don't wear much. I decided to do a trial with Heather just to make sure and I was completely sold. Heather really paid attention to what I wanted my make up to look like and made me feel incredible. My bridesmaids, mom, and mother in law also loved having their make up done. We were all sad the next morning when Heather wasn't there to due our make up for brunch. Heather is amazing and the make up lasts all night and feels light (like you aren't wearing any).

Samantha · Married on 10/28/2017

Heather Rea was absolutely amazing! She made myself, bridesmaids, and mother of the bride look and feel so gorgeous. She is so friendly and accommodating. All of her looks were flawless. I will continue to use for future events. I highly recommend her to anyone!

Erin · Married on 10/20/2017

Heather and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with! I could not have been happier with my wedding day look. Heather was accommodating, prepared, helpful and knowledgeable throughout the entire process - from the trial to the wedding day. ALL of my bridesmaids were thrilled with their looks (which is not always an easy task!) - everyone truly looked stunning! Would highly recommend to any brides :)

Kelly · Married on 10/08/2017

Heather Rea and Catherine were absolutely amazing, and a pleasure to work with for my wedding. We were talking, laughing, crying, and listening to music the whole time. They did hair and makeup for myself, my mother, and my two sisters. At my venue, we could not get into the bridal suite (where I wanted to get ready for prettier photos) until just a few hours before my ceremony. So, Heather Rea and Catherine set up in a different location, working with my sisters first. When the time came that we could get into the bridal suite, they broke down all of their stuff, moved upstairs, and set it all up again so the professional photos of me and my mom getting ready could be done where I wanted them. I felt like that was just the nicest thing they could have done. In the end, everyone was incredibly happy with both their hair and makeup. We all looked, and felt, stunning. Everything the two of them did for me made it so easy to just relax and enjoy myself with my family before the ceremony!

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

I’m not going to lie- I was hesitant at first to use Heather based on pricing and not having any previous experience using her but I was beyond pleased with her work. As a matter of fact, after using her and seeing her work in person I’d have paid more to make sure I had her do my makeup on my wedding day. She is so talented and an absolutely gorgeous person inside and out. After being there all morning doing our makeup she even offered to touch up anyone beefier she headed out. She went above and beyond on the most important day of my life and I honestly have never felt more beautiful. Thank you Heather- you absolutely rock!

Samantha · event on: 05/10/2015

Highly Recommended!! I used Heather for my engagement pictures make-up and after that, I am very excited to work with her team on my wedding day. Heather so kindly did my make-up at 6am on a Sunday and she was so excited and positive(even that early in the morning). My make-up was absolutely stunning and natural! I also bought her lipstick and gloss and was very happy with the price and product! Heather is a GREAT(local) Frederick vendor!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/24/2017

Heather is the BEST!!! She was recommended to me by a friend who used her at her wedding and when I went to the trial, I knew right away that she was the one for my wedding too. She listened to what my regular makeup style was like and matched my makeup to my metallic/neutral color scheme for the wedding. Throughout the process, she was great at communicating with me and setting up a schedule for getting ready that worked out perfectly for us. She brought a second makeup artist to accommodate the 10 women getting makeup done so that the process went smoothly and quickly, but with each person still getting at least 45 minutes. We all did the airbrush and we looked FLAWLESS! I got so many compliments on my makeup and I have never felt more beautiful. On top of it all, Heather is just so sweet and a pleasure to have around on your wedding day.

Katie · Married on 06/10/2017

Heather was amazing to work with from the trial run to our wedding day. She is professional, friendly, calm, attentive and very organized. She proactively reached out a few weeks before the wedding with a schedule for the bridesmaids, mothers, and myself, which was such a treat for me as a type A bride that loves schedules and lists  Her team showed up on-time and were set up and ready to go with in minutes. Everyone loved their make-up and felt beautiful! We all did airbrush and it lasted all night long after a day of pictures in the sun and many hours of dancing. Heather and her team are phenomenal! We couldn’t have asked for a better make up team!

Theresa · Married on 04/27/2017

Heather is the definition of star wedding vendor. She's completely professional, and her friendly, calm manner is so wonderful while dealing with other stresses that come up during weddings. I've worked with her for two different weddings, and her work is just amazing. Everyone loved their makeup, and what could have been an anxious time getting ready was more like a spa experience with Heather and her lovely staff.

• Natasha

Natasha · Married on 04/22/2017

I have never felt so beautiful in my life. Great job!

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 12/31/2016

Heather was amazing to work with start to finish. She is so sweet and friendly and she was so flexible with everything from booking to the wedding day (including quite a few shuffles and additions and changes so really thank you Heather). Her makeup on me and my girls was PERFECT. She is truly and artist! Her team is wonderful as well. My hair looked beautiful (until I jumped around and danced too hard and it fell out but that was totally my bad!!) and everything was well worth the price. I highly recommend Heather and her team!

Heather is absolutely fabulous! She has such a great personality that puts you at ease and makes getting your makeup done so much fun! I had Heather and one of her hairstylists do my hair and makeup for a boudoir photo shoot and they made me feel so confident! I also had Heather make jewelry for my wedding, I showed her a picture and she made it so much better! I also customized my bridesmaid jewelry through her! I can't wait until they see them!! Thank you, Heather!

Rachel · Married on 11/19/2016

Working with Heather for the hair & make-up trial and for the wedding day was great. She was very responsive to emails and did an awesome job with my make-up. She created the schedule and I was able to plug in the different bridal party members into their time slots. Her team was very receptive to each bridal parties requests for hair and make-up and everyone looked beautiful. I was also able to purchase my lipstick for the wedding from Heather.

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2016

I worked with Heather Rea Style Studio for my wedding on October 21, 2016 and couldn't be happier with how the make up turned out! Heather was very responsive from initial booking to day of. She made scheduling my initial consultation a breeze and was there the whole time with the make-up artist. Iris did my make-up for the trial and day of, and she had Joanie there to help her out since we have 6 bridesmaids plus me. They both did a great job! All the bridesmaids were SO impressed with how beautiful the makeup turned out, and loved having the airbrush makeup option! We all did the airbrush makeup and it stayed on all night and looked great! On top of the make-up looking fabulous they were so fun to work with! It can be crazy having a bride and 6 bridesmaids all getting ready in the same room and they made it so easy and stress free. They stuck to the timeline and had everyone ready with more than enough time for photos. I highly recommend Heather and her team! We couldn't have asked for a better make-up team!

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 10/15/2016

Heather was absolutely amazing to work with! I had the privilege of being a bridesmaid in two other weddings where she completed the make-up. Leading up to the wedding Heather would send me occasional emails to check-in and remind me any last minute decisions I needed to let her know about. Day-of, Heather called to let us know when she would be arriving and came in and set up super fast. She kept us all on schedule, and listened to what it was that the girls wanted for their make-up. The airbrushing was wonderful and we all looked perfect throughout the end of the night. Also, it has to be said that Heather's lip colors are amazing, and the one I wore for my wedding may be my new favorite! I'm so glad I went with the touch-up kit so that I could have it. If anyone is looking for an amazing, easy to work with Make-Up Artist for their wedding, you absolutely cannot go wrong with Heather! I would recommend her to every bride!!

Julia · Married on 10/01/2016

I worked with Heather Rae and her style studio for my recent wedding (3/5/16) and am extremely pleased with the entire process! We had a lot of girls getting their hair and makeup done on site (6 girls for makeup, 8 girls for hair) and EVERYONE was pleased with their results - that says a lot about the team's ability to listen to what you want and make it happen! They created gorgeous hair styles that lasted all night and everyone's makeup photographed beautifully well into the after party. Also, they respond to emails in a timely manner and are just so FUN to work with. On the day of your wedding, you want to relax and have someone monitor your timeline on your behalf, and that is exactly what Heather does. She makes a timeline well before your big day and executes seamlessly! They also bring lots of positive energy and calm which is a wonderful addition to anyone's wedding morning. Cannot recommend this vendor highly enough.

Sara · Married on 09/17/2016

I had the pleasure of meeting Heather in college, so when my husband and I were engaged, it was a no-brainer that Heather would be the one to do my makeup. Heather was so patient and flexible throughout the entire process. When I had my trial, I had done no research about what I would like my makeup to look like on my wedding day. After asking a few questions about theme and color, Heather came up with a great look. If there was something I didn't quite like, she had solutions to change it into something I would like. Heather was so kind leading up to the big day. I think I changed her arrival time and place about three or four times, but she always responded pleasantly and never made fuss. On wedding day, Heather arrived at the salon before my bridesmaids and I did and was set up and ready to go. She made every one of my bridesmaids look beautiful. I absolutely loved how well she applied my makeup. The trial makeup looked great, so I could not believe my eyes when I saw how amazing she did the day of. I felt the most beautiful that day. Through tears, hugs, sweating, and dancing, my makeup stayed in place. After the party was over, more than twelve hours later, my makeup looked as great as it did when Heather first applied it. I highly recommend hiring Heather!

Jessica · Married on 08/27/2016

I worked with Heather Rea Style Studio for my August 27, 2016 wedding and couldn't be happier with how the hair and makeup turned out. Heather was very organized, responsive, and accommodating. Heather was the makeup artist and all of my bridesmaids were SO impressed with how beautiful the makeup turned out. The airbrush makeup was very natural looking and stayed on all night. It also looked so great in the photos. Jayme was our hair stylist and I can't say enough good things about how the hair turned out. All of my bridesmaids chose a similar hairstyle which made the process of them getting ready very efficient, and she was so patient and wonderful to work with! We couldn't have asked for a better hair and makeup team!