Heather Jackson Photography Reviews

21 Reviews for Heather Jackson Photography

• Emily

Emily L. · Married on 08/22/2020

Great photos great person

Heather was absolutely amazing for both our engagement photos and wedding. We are excited to work with her again for the celebration next year. Her pictures are fun and real and she makes the whole experience wonderful. She has a true talent and the best manor to which she uses it. Her calm/fun love was the best presence to have on my big and nerve wracking day! My family all said “who’s the photographer, she’s great!” Without even having seen her photos. I have had a million complements on her photos and am so grateful she was able to do our wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Oh wow, Emily, thank you so much for this sweet review. This made me feel really lovely and made my day! All my experiences with you two have been so fun. I can't wait for next year too!! Thanks again Emily! XOXO Heather

Morgan K. · Married on 08/20/2020

Great experience

Personable, professional, affordable, and great photos!

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Morgan! I had an amazing experience with you and Irina, and it was my honor to be your photographer. All my love to you two!

Ashleigh K. · Married on 08/15/2020

Best photographer ever!!!!!

Heather was absolutely incredible!! Not only do the pictures turn out amazing she takes the time to remind you to breath!! She dances to get everyone to laugh while taking pictures and makes it so comfortable!!! We absolutely love her and might just ask her to take pictures of us for no special occasion!!! She’s amazing and you won’t regret choosing her!!!

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Ashleigh I might cry!! Thank you from the bottom of my gooey heart for taking the time out of your day to write about your experience with me! I'm still on cloud 9 from your wedding and count myself lucky everyday that I got to be a part of it. Really looking forward to the next time I get to see you and Tanner! Big hugs to you both, XOXO

Leanne · Married on 08/08/2020

We love Heather!

Heather was referred to us by our wedding planner here in Colorado. I was immediately impressed with the initial questionnaire we filled out on her website. She really wanted to get to know us! And it showed in our wedding photos. Her creative eye, attention to detail, and flawless execution all captured our day so beautifully - memories we will cherish forever.

Sent on 09/03/2020

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review Leanne! It was my honor and pleasure to be a part of your wedding day. Can't wait to hangout again someday with you two! All my love, XOXO
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth J. · Married on 05/08/2020

Thank you Heather J!

Heather was nothing short of amazing on our special day!

She was there early, ready to go, and so very patient with myself and all of our crazy family and friends. She played a major role in how smooth our day went from beginning to end. She was able to capture the intimacy and pure joy that incased all of us throughout the day. We absolutely love the album that she created for us and being able to look back and re-live that day is absolutely magical. Thank you for taking such good care of us Heather, we are so grateful that we found you!

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Liz, you wonderful lady, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for me. You and Steven are still one of my top favorite couples of all time to this day, and I'll never forget your wedding day. Big Hugs to you both! XOXO

Laure I. · Married on 02/22/2020

Best photographer ever!

Ok first off Heather makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera even if you are camera shy. She makes you laugh the entire session. We think of her as part of the family at this point. She really did bend over backwards flying to Minnesota twice for us and we could have not been happier with our photos.

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Eeek! Lauren you are an angel that flew down from heaven just to grace us with your presence. Thank you so much for taking the time out fo your busy day to write about your time with me. I love you and Sam like family as well. Your engagement session and wedding day were the stuff dreams are made of. Thank you for making me a part of it! Looking forward to the next time I get to see you both and have another adventure (maybe we try the canoe again lol). Thinking of you both often! XOXO

Kaitlyn D. · Married on 01/12/2020

Everything we could have ever hoped for!

Heather was such a joy to work with. She made us laugh, captured the best photos of us and our loved ones and her passion for what she does overflows. We will treasure our wedding photos and our experience with Heather forever!

Sent on 09/01/2020

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review Kaitlyn! I really appreciate you and Garrett! All my love, XOXO

Nicole B. · Married on 12/10/2019

Fun, creative, and beautiful photos

Wow! Heather Jackson was the absolute best Photographer my now husband and I could have asked for! Heather and my husband secretly planned a destination engagement shoot for me. Jamar said she was easy to work and communicate with and made the planning process enjoyable. Once we were at the shoot she used her creative eye and fun personality to take the most beautiful photos of us! Heather made what could have been an awkward photo shoot (as both Jamar and I don't love having our pictures taken) into one of the best days of my life! She made me feel beautiful and helped us have fun and laugh the entire time. By the end of the day I felt like she was my best friend and before even seeing the pictures, I knew we HAD to have her as our wedding photographer!
    At the wedding she again made taking hours of pictures fun for everyone, Heather doesn't just take the "normal" stand and smile pictures, instead she gets everyone involved, laughing, and moving so she can capture candid moments. My wedding had 250 guests and 10 bridemaids and yet Heather managed to get pictures of everyone having a good time! Heather is the type of person who can wear many hats and loves to serve her bride and groom, making sure that they have the best day possible, no matter what it takes! After the wedding I had over 20 people comment on how amazing our photographer was and even 3 people form the wedding ended up hiring her!

Jamar and I love love loved our final results and have both our wedding and engagement photos hanging throughout our house. Although Heather is an extremely talented photographer, her big heart and love for people is what truly makes her special. Needless to say, Heather will be our forever photographer and now friend.
    Anyone would be lucky to have her in their lives and apart of their special day!

Sent on 09/17/2020

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you Nicole!! This review is above and beyond, and I really appreciate you taking the time to write it! Being your photographer meant everything to me, thank you for trusting me and including me on your special day with Jamar. Can't wait until I see you guys again! XOXOXO

Meghan H. · Married on 11/30/2019

The best part of our wedding

Heather is the most amazing photographer I’ve ever worked with. From our engagement shoot to our wedding day she captured all of our authentic and important moments. I love how natural her style is and how comfortable everyone was. Heather will be with us for all our big moments moving forward!

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Meghan, you are the MOST genuine and caring person I think I have ever met. I count myself lucky everyday to have been your photographer. Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review. It really means so much to me. Thinking of you and Michael often, and looking forward to the next time I get to see you both. XOXO Big hugs forever
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 11/25/2019

Amazing Person, Amazing Photographs

Heather is not only the photographer you want in charge of capturing your memories on your wedding day, she's also the guest at your wedding that makes the day great!

Before the wedding, Heather was so easy to communicate with and extremely flexible as we planned our big day. She always had a great idea or advice to contribute and made the prospect of getting married on the other side of the country way less stressful! At the wedding, Heather really helped create an atmosphere of celebration and excitement - with her being one of 3 other people at our elopement, that was such an amazing role for her to take on. During our photoshoot, she gave amazing direction and really made it fun for us - quite a feat for two people who are naturally anxious about everything! The photographs that we got back (crazy quickly, to boot!) were unbelievable - I have never been so happy with photos and they are everything that I dreamed they could be. You know those wedding pictures you see in your head when you're planning everything? Yeah, she gets those. And somehow better.

All in all, I didn't know Heather before we hired her and now she is one of my favorite people in the world. I will never forget her for how she made our wedding day even more wonderful and gave us photos that we will cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 08/30/2020

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

KIM, wow, you are a master of words and definitely made me tear up. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write such wonderful things about our time together. Your elopement was special, and fun, and really genuine - just like you and Marc. I hope our paths cross again! Sending love from Colorado! XOXO

Kristen H. · Married on 09/07/2019

Book her now!

We booked Heather for our September, 2019 wedding and are forever thankful that we did. The photos she captured are breathtaking! Absolutely perfect! The amount of compliments we received from our family and friends was overwhelming. Heather is not only talented in her craft, but also a really awesome person. She is funny, friendly, caring and made my husband and I as well as our whole wedding party feel at ease. Many of my friends are planning to book Heather for their engagement and wedding as well. You will NOT be disappointed with Heather Jackson! Thank you again, Heather!!! We couldn't have asked for anything more:)

Sent on 08/30/2020

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Wow, thank you so much for taking your time to write this review Kristen!! Your wedding was THE BEST, so intimate and fun, one I’ll never forget. Thank you for choosing me! I look forward to the next time I get to hang out with you two! All my love, XOXO
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/31/2019

Talented, unique and fun!

Book Heather Jackson NOW for your wedding if you want the most fun, energetic, talented, non traditional photographer ever. If you’re looking for canned, awkwardly posed wedding photos with forced smiles, you should probably look elsewhere.

Let me start by saying that so many guests and wedding party members came up to me to tell me how awesome my photographer was. She was SO much fun, and instead of picture taking being a painful burden in which you are counting down the smiles until you can get to the bar, it was actually a blast for everyone. Heather is full of life, and because of her, we have so many photos of people genuinely laughing and smiling even after the 50th obligatory family photo. And we have absolutely gorgeous photos to show for it.

I was lucky enough to fund her on instagram, and even though at that point she’d done mostly engagement shoots and elopements, I immediately wanted her at our wedding for her unique style. I won’t try to describe her style much, because a picture is worth a thousand words (check out @jackson.takes.photos), but it was artistic without being over the top, and all of her pictures looked so natural and not contrived like other photos. When we met with her, we clicked, and were happy to have her as part of our day.

Heather is easy to communicate with, professional, and have I mentioned how fun she is? We got to know her through coffee and engagement photos, and felt super comfortable with her on our wedding day. She even sent us along little gifts before the wedding, which we will cherish always. Pricing was perfect, as well.

We may have been the most vanilla people Heather has ever photographed (unlike many of her clients, we have no cool tattoos and are always fully clothed), and even though our 135 person New England-crowd wedding was not her typical gig, she crushed it. Her second shooter Amelia was great, too!

Bottom line is Heather is an incredibly talented and fun photographer and you can’t go wrong with her.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Liz you are so wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I had so much fun on your wedding day with Peter. Looking forward to the next time I get to spend time with you both!
    XOXO Heather

Dustin F. · Married on 08/23/2019

Heather Jackson was a HIT!

Heather not only captured our magical day in a perfect way, she also brought so much joy to my husband and I but also to our family and friends in attendance. She was fun, helpful, and a bundle of great energy! She comes highly recommended from the two of us!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review Dustin!! I wish we could do your wedding with Bill all over again because it was the happiest day ever, and the dance party is unmatched. Sending you both my love! XOXO
  • Rosa

Rosa A. · Married on 03/01/2019

Look No Further!

Look no further! Whether it’s your wedding, an elopement or a just a special event, Heather can do it all! What first attracted us to her work was her ability to naturally capture a moment; not only did we love her vision, but her unique knack to encapsulate backdrops and details that often get lost. When we first contacted Heather, she was very prompt in responding back to us and she wanted to know what WE wanted. Within that framework, her artistic aptness flourished!

From the moment we arrived at our venue, Heather took it upon herself to help set up our food, greet our guests, as she perfectly integrated into our event. Heather was able to capture emotion, real moments, and things you really don’t think about on your special day. Also, she was just plain FUN! Beyond fun! She got everyone smiling, and just KNEW how to get the best reactions out of every person/situation. As the night went on, she continued to check in with us, asking if we wanted to catch this, or that, and it was just perfect — most photographers have an agenda of their own, and are unable to deviate from their routine. While we are all creatures of habit, Heather made the night all about us, ensuring that we got every shot that we could ever imagine and more!

I couldn’t give someone a stronger recommendation. This person is passionate, talented and she CARES! All of this shows in her work and I am just elated that we chose Heather to capture our special day.

Upon putting our album together, it was truly difficult to only select 150 pictures — and that says it all!

Heather, thank you again for being so kind, caring and professional. Your photos are something that we will have for a lifetime and we are forever in your debt.

Keep up the great work — you have a gift and we are so grateful that we found you! :)

Sincerely,

Rosa & Joseph Mann

Sent on 04/29/2019

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Joey and Rosa! It was my honor to be a part of your day! Meeting your family and friends, watching the way you two love each other - it was beautiful.

Marc · Married on 02/13/2019

Amazing photographs

Heather’s work speaks for itself but she’s also extremely easy to work with and a positive energy to have around on a stressful day.

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this Marc! Your elopement was very special and I am still honored to have been a part of it. All my love to you and Adriane!
  • Amelia

Amelia V. · Married on 10/23/2018

real, raw, relaxed, & beautiful

Working with Heather was such a great experience, from start to finish. And she did such an awesome job of making it feel like it was all about us, all about the love. I felt like she was my biggest cheerleader and I'm so thankful that Heather was our elopement photographer. She helped us feel at ease and most of all comfortable, because being photographed isn't the most exciting thing internally-she made it no issue. It was so fun and laid back, I felt like we got to be ourselves and had the right amount of direction. If you want to have someone take care of you and give you some really unique, fun, REAL energy in your photos-Heather is the one you need.

Sent on 12/16/2018

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Amelia! Being apart of your whole elopement adventure from the proposal to the most perfect wedding day ever was a blessing. Big hugs, Heather
  • Terese

Terese L. · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely priceless shots

Heather took our engagement and wedding photos and after each session I was blown away with the results. She is so fun and easy to work with, she brought out our personalities so the photos capture who we really are. We absolutely treasure the pictures, I can't stop looking at them and want to show them off to everybody! Plus all the details and care she puts into her wedding packages truly made it feel like our day meant as much to her as it did to us. We are so grateful we had such a talented photographer to capture our memories!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Terese, thank you so much for that heartfelt review. It means a lot to me to have been a part your wedding day!

Grace · Married on 09/02/2018

Heather is a natural who can capture every emotion of your day!

I asked to meet with Heather after seeing the depth of candid emotion in her photos on Instagram and immediately knew she was as authentic as they come. She is an amazing photographer who has the talent to make you feel comfortable and like yourself when everyone is looking. I cannot recommend Heather enough to anyone who wants to work with a humor driven, authentic, and talented photographer who listens to exactly what you want.

Sent on 12/15/2018

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Grace! You and Eric are so much fun and I am so lucky to have been apart of that perfect day!
  • Blair

Blair R. · Married on 08/05/2018

The perfect fit for our special day

Heather went above and beyond to get images of all of our wedding weekend activities. She fit in like family and her endurance was critical to capturing our long day. She's just who you want by your side during both the stressful and fun times that come when you host a big event. She has an amazing eye for emotional shots of everyone involved in your day, which was a priority for us. She has an eye for details, down to the delivery of our final package - such a treat to unwrap and pour over. Heather has a unique editing style, so just be sure it's your style too :)

Sent on 02/02/2019

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Blair! It was an honor for you to choose me for your and Peter's big day. Your family and friends really made that day the happy and wonderful experience it was!
  • Emily

Emily D. · Married on 09/12/2014

So grateful for the moments she's captured

Heather somehow manages to capture the true feeling of the most precious moments in her photos - I don't know how she does it. She's simply incredible.

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Thank you for the review Emily!!! Your intimate wedding with Corey was very special and I grateful to have been a part of it. All my love, XOXO

Lindsey D. · Married on 09/27/2019

Visionary and artistic

Heather was the rock of our wedding this past September. Just having her around added even more positivity to our already amazing experience at Blackstone Rivers Ranch. More than just a photographer, Heather was an incredible personality. She had this wonderful, almost indescribable effect on people, de-stressing, adding humor and engendering optimism everywhere she went.

As for her photography, Heather had a command over her craft. At times, she told you how she needed you to pose, at others giving you the freedom to act naturally and snap photos of you while being a wallflower. She also took the photos we wanted her to take and provided hundreds of options to look through in the end.

Heather's photos are visionary and artistic. They stand out compared to every other photographer we researched before the wedding. Definitely check her website out!

Ryan & Lindsey

Sent on 09/09/2020

Heather Jackson Photography's reply:

Lindsey!! Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write this review! I'm so lucky to have been there on your day with Ryan. I think of you two often. Your presence as a couple is nothing short of compassionate and unforgettable. Thank you again! XOXO