Heart 2 Heart Occasions Reviews

6 | Cleveland, OH

6 Reviews for Heart 2 Heart Occasions

• SeptBride2016

angelica · Married on 09/10/2016

Jennifer was amazing to work with. She was there to answer any questions I had and to ensure that everything went smoothly on the big day. She worked out all the details and the only thing we had to do was enjoy the day. I appreciate everything she did for us and would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner. She was a great asset to our vendor team.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Dominica · Married on 08/27/2016

Jennifer is wonderful to work with! We had her as a "month of" planner in addition to floral and lighting details. She helped set up meetings with florists and coordinated communications with my vendors so I don't have to worry and handle all the little details that you never think of. On the day of she made things everything went smoothly; I would recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Anjali · Married on 07/30/2016

Jennifer from Heart 2 Heart Occasions was absolutely fantastic to work with throughout our engagement! I was an out of town bride, and was worried about planning a wedding from afar, however Jennifer made the process so much easier! She was willing to meet with me when I was in town and worked closely with my mom and Maid of Honor when I wasn't able to come back in town for planning. I never realized how much goes into planning a wedding, and I'm so glad that we had Jennifer to keep us organized. She was incredibly easy to contact and communicate with. Our wedding day was absolutely a fairy tale, and it wouldn't have been possible without Jennifer!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Hayley Saltzman · Married on 09/14/2019

They did a great job!

I live in NYC and we planned a wedding in Cleveland for September 2019. We worked with Jennifer for over a year to execute our vision.

We are incredibly picky and opinionated, with very high standards, and Jennifer helped us execute our vision in a million different ways. Jennifer helped with pre-planning logistics, writing a very detailed day of timeline, contacting/paying our vendors, checking in with vendors closer to the day of the wedding, stuffing all of our (many) invitations, ordering our paper goods, and more!

We are very grateful to Jennifer for her patience and we are also thankful to Rachel, who was our on-site support for the rehearsal dinner and on the day of our wedding. There are a million details that go into planning an event like the one we had, and Jennifer and Rachel were a huge help in executing our vision.

Thank you, Jennifer and Rachel!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/23/2017

With 22 months out and prior to moving to Shanghai for 18 months, we made sure to be in contract with Jennifer and we’re very glad we did! I can’t imagine pulling together our amazing day, while living on the other side of the globe, with out the help, guidance and suggestions of Jennifer and her “day of” team. The few times we returned stateside, she was available and willing to meet up (face to face instead of the usual FaceTime sessions we had while in China). There were a few times while I was out and about searching for and buying wedding décor or even if I stumbled across something on the Internet, Jennifer was available to talk or FaceTime. I would tell/ show her “Look what I found!” or “What do you think about this idea?”

Admittedly, I am a super organized and extremely detailed person, so it was wonderful to have someone on our extensive vendor team that pretty much understood our vision and feeling that we wanted for our day. We ended up hiring a few vendors prior to Jennifer coming on board. There were a few I hadn’t booked or reached out to, but Jennifer had a list that she prefers to work with. I was blown away by most of the ones she had suggested and the few others were just ho-hum. She was a great conduit in respect to vendor correspondents and reeled me in with some of my “larger than life” ideas. Despite the small handful of planning and communication glitches, as well as a fire 90 minutes prior to our cocktail hour, Jennifer and her team pulled it all together as if nothing happened. Our guests had an amazing, fun and memorable time, as did we. Our wedding day far exceeded our expectations and we have Jennifer and her expertise to thank!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Marissa · Married on 08/26/2017

0.5
      0.5
      2.5

The best word I could use to describe our experience with Jennifer is disappointing. Maybe even frustrating would be more accurate. There were two main issues. The first issue is that there were carelessness and attention to detail issues that added more stress than Jennifer alleviated. Almost immediately after hiring Jennifer we started having issues. She would send us contracts with incorrect information on them (like what time our wedding started), sent us information without listening to what we wanted, and was generally unresponsive. Most of the time it took her days and often times up to a week to respond to emails. On more than one occasion she did not respond to the email altogether. My husband confronted her about these issues early on and she apologized and promised to do better moving forward but the same pattern of making careless mistakes and being generally unresponsive continued. Further, we had issues with vendors that, after reaching out to the vendor directly, we learned stemmed from them receiving incorrect information from Jennifer. The second issue is that there were things that she helped us with but if you look at the time that it took to do the things that she did help with, her hourly rate would be outrageous. She always seemed too busy to help me. She came to maybe three vendor appointments with me because every time we would schedule an appointment she would be “too busy” to attend or “it wasn’t necessary” for her to attend but that’s what we were paying her to do. We ended up working around HER schedule instead of mine and we hired her on the promise that she would work with my schedule. She’s not a bad person and it’s not that I don’t think she didn’t care; it’s just that the value proposition was just not there. We did not get enough for what we paid for.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Heart 2 Heart Occasions's reply:

Marissa, I am so very sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations.  However, I am very surprised to receive this review, especially without any prior phone calls from you.   At the end of your wedding, you and your husband gave me hugs and told me that your day wouldn’t have been as amazing without my guidance and help.  Which would explain my bafflement at your review. We strive to provide the best service possible and do everything in our power to accommodate and serve you and your family.  I would love to talk with you further about this offline, but I do feel compelled to address your concerns …
    1. Attention to detail is very important and we pride ourselves on our ability to work through each piece of your wedding. Sometimes we have to go back and make adjustments to plans or pieces of the wedding.  But by doing this, we know that we have done everything we can to make your day seamless.
     2. We know our couples are busy.  This is why we always respond to emails, phone calls and texts within 24 hours.  In your case, this included the 664 emails between you and I, and the 613 emails between your 10 vendors and I.  It also included the 1272 text messages, the majority of which were sent and responded to after 7pm at night.  Also, we averaged a meeting every 5-7 weeks, which seemed like a fair amount.  I also met you within walking distance of your downtown work place on more than one occasion, to make it as convenient to you as possible.
     3. After your review was posted, I went back and checked in with all 11 of your vendors, to see if there were mistakes that we needed to corrected, or areas of improvement that we could work on. None of them were sure what you were referencing in your review and were as surprised as I was to hear that your experience was negative.
    I hope that some of this helps to clear up any lingering issues. I sincerely hope your wedding was all you had hoped for and that you are enjoying life as newlyweds.